[F12 SP] Dancing Lights in the Darkness COMPLETED

It had been several days since Hei had last left the town of beginnings. He had been engulfed in work, as it seemed word about his shop had spread and many different players had come by and ordered the one or other piece of equipment. It wasn't that he didn't like it, but he needed a day off of work, before he would turn into one of those grumpy customer guys that hated everyone. So early in the morning Hei got ready for an adventure on one of the higher floors he had never visited by now. - I wonder what floor I should check out, and if there are any quests left I can do, just so I don't end up sitting around. Maybe I should go and grab the newest edition of the players guide, I bet there's a description of the floors and what to find on each of them. - As he had this many things on his mind, he finished his breakfast and made his way over to the NPC who sold the guide. "Hey there, can I get the newest edition of the guide please." he asked the NPC, who without answering handed a guide book  to him.

Stats:

Spoiler

Hei: 480/480 HP | 48/48 Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9 DMG

Item Stats:
- Gae Bulg, Spear of Mortal Pain +3 DMG
-
Dragon's Eye +3 ACC
-
Scales of Speed +3 EVA
-
The Harbinger's Cloak +3 LD (vanity/ battleready items)

Battle Ready Items:
The Harbinger's Cloak (takes one, even when worn as vanity )
5 T1 Healtpotions
<<Tiger Rage>> A potion which grants +2 damage. Lasts for one thread. Takes a post action to apply.
1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)
1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)

Edited by Hei

Now that he had the newly released edition of the guide in hands, he opened the book and looked at what was new and what was interesting for him. To his own surprise, the discretion of the higher floors was nothing new, but he had never bought a new guide after the one he had gotten in the beginning of the game, so it might have been added in some edition before the newest. What was new were some articles about floors above 20, which was impressive. He had not known how many floors had been cleared, but sure, they had to have reached floor 21, as he had gotten T3 orders and high Tier materials only dropped on those floors. What else was there to find? Descriptions of Boss monsters and their tactics, quests that were repeatable and therefore still viable for him to do, and a section about a new skill that had been added to the game since the last change. - A new skill, that's kind of interesting, I wonder what it is. Maybe it's something useful -  he thought and opened the page it was listed on. Fishing for Dummies was the articles title, and it seemed that the fishing profession had vanished and had been transformed into a skill everyone could learn if they found a teacher for it.

Hei quickly skimmed through the article, learning that this was the skill Pin had used when they were out on the first floor, looking for mats. As he understood, it was a more effective version to quickly gather some mats, as the chance to not get anything was pretty low. With just this, it seemed like it made the gatherer skill obsolete, but there was one big downside on the skill, which was the chance to fish mobs or even a kind of field boss, which would be dangerous for the not so skilled fighter. - I should be able to kill the normal mobs, and I think I should even be able to kill a boss monster on my own. I have done a number of quests that wanted me to do so. So this will be my next skill, I wonder where I can learn it. - and so Hei wandered around the first floor, looking for some NPC who would teach him, but within the town of beginnings, there wasn't someone who would do it. So if there was no one inside town, maybe out at the lake would be a better place to look for someone who knew how to fish.

With this in mind, Hei closed the guide book and opened his menu. With a few swipes of his finger, he manoeuvred within the menu to the map tab and had zoomed in on the outer lakes, looking for some indicator of where to find a NPC that could teach him, but there was nothing that showed him where to go. Without any good hints, he just choose a location at random and set a pin there, so the internal navigation could set a course for it. - I wonder where the teacher will be located, probably it will be at the big lake, but who knows how Kayaba thought about it. So it could also be on one of the small ones, just so it would be more difficult to find him.- and as he could answer his own questions, he started walking out of town, following the navigation instructions he got from the system. It didn't take a long time before he had left the noise of the city behind and was now in the quiet and relaxing ambience of the first floors nature, walking towards the big see and even from this far, he was able to see the quest marker, that showed him where he could find a new quest.

He speed up his walk and within a few minutes he had reached the marked destination, that was nothing more than a small hut. Walking around it, he saw that it had a window and a simple wooden door and it's roof was made from wooden shingles and over all looked quite simplistic. - I wonder what type of person the NPC is, living in a small cabin like that, all out here by the water - and so he knocked on the door, hoping that someone would open. After a few moments the door was opened and a young man stood in there, but the green indicator above his head showed, that he was not a NPC, but another player. "Hallo, my name's Hei and I'm looking for the master of fishery, who can teach me the new skill" he introduced himself, and after the player signed him to come in, he entered. Within the small hut, there was just a simple bed and a table, that had two chairs at it, one was occupied by an elderly looking man with little hair and sun tanned skin. "Hello my dear, I am Lanzatho the fisherman, and I can teach you, but for me to teach you, you have to promise me, that you will take care of Titus right here. He is a good young man, but he can't do the quest on his own, as his Level isn't high enough. "

At first, one could see the confusion in Hei's face, as he had never heard a NPC do something like this for a player, but then his face brightened, as he understood what he had just heard. - This must be the in game group finding system. There are things like that in a lot of MMORPGs where the game groups you with other adventurers so you can deal with difficult quests. I hope it wont be to dangerous, as this Titus guy doesn't look like he can handle a fight well - he thought, while he had a closer look at the other player. The armour he had equipped looked weak and it could have been the starter armour, if there weren't the fancy parts of it. "ok, I don't have a problem with you tagging along Titus, just don't be a hindrance to me."  Hei said, then turning back to the old fisherman he asked: "Now that I decided to help Titus, what is it we have to do?"

After coughing a few times, the old fisherman replied "The task you have to fulfil is not of the hard kind, but you have to travel to the twelfth floor, where the water is everywhere and you might be able to catch the pink fleshed catfish." Hei was not really happy with this answer, as he didn't know if his task was catching one of those fish, or what it was exactly, also he had to take a player he didn't knew to the twelfth floor, which was pretty dangerous with all the water and the hidden mobs within. "Ok, so we'll go to the twelfth floor and fish for the catfish you want us to bring, am I right?" he asked, but it was not the fisherman, but Titus who answered. "Thanks for taking me with you, and yes you are right, I already got two fishing poles so each one of us can have one, and I got the quest, here take a look" and with Titus sending the quest over to Hei, it also appeared in his questlog. "Thanks man, so let's go and catch some fish."

"Yeah, let's go and get to the 12th floor. I heard they got a city completely on stilts there, and that the most common way to get around is by boat, as there is water nearly everywhere. The master has a boathouse up there, and we got a key, so we can have his boat for the duration of our quest" Titus proudly told Hei, as he handed him his fishing pole. Both of them left the small hut and made their way back to the city of beginnings, where they used the teleportation platform to quickly get up there. "Ok, I have a few rules for you, Titus. I don't know how strong you are, but you probably aren't as strong as I am, so please don't get us into trouble I have to get us out of. You can help me, if there is a fight, but don't start one on your own." with the rules set, Hei marched of towards the boathouse, ready to get going and finally starting his quest for learning the new skill. Once they had gotten onto the boat, they had to move it through the water with a long stick and so they slowly left the town, to ride to some place better for fishing. Out there within the swam, Hei took out his fishing rod and tried to use it. It was close to how one used the swordskills, as the motion one used to throw the hook activated the fishing skill, and without really knowing how to fish, Hei quickly reeled in the line, as the float got torn underwater, and he caught some fish worth 2 mats.

Spoiler

ID# 94216
CD: 8 -> 2 T2 Mats

2 T2 Mats total

Edited by Hei

"Woah, you have to be really talented. You already caught your first fish and we aren't here for more than fifteen minutes or so. Let me have a try too" Titus said, as soon as Hei had reeled in the fish. Hei was pleased with this outcome too, as he thought it might take more time for him to master this skill, but then again Pin had mastered it too, and he seemed a little clumsy at times. "Ok, why not. Just don't fall into the water or anything like that" he told the younger player and watched him throwing the hook out into the water. With a soft splash it sunk into the water and the float began swimming. Not it was just waiting to see what Titus would catch. It took about twenty minutes until the float disappeared and when Titus tried to reel in the line, it was very hard. The boat started following the line, and after a few moments, a monstrous being jumped from the water and landed on the wet muddy coast, tearing the boat with it. Hei who was quick enough to switch from his fishing rod to his spear saw that it was some kind of extremely dangerous mob and got ready to fight it. The frog or toad like humanoid creature held a staff with skulls and once it had stood to it's full height, it jumped right at them.
6829a47948d37a5bf5988699cd0c5e97.jpg

Spoiler

ID# 94236
CD: 1 -> boss monster.

--- Stats ---
Hei: 480/480 HP | 48/48 Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9 DMG
Shaman Toad: 480/480 HP | 144 DMG | 24 MIT

Edited by Hei

Hei had hoped, that he would be able to deal with the fishing without having to fight, but it seemed he had another destiny waiting for him. He wasn't sure how strong the monster was, but it looked as if it was one of the elite mobs that appeared randomly in MMOs like this, so it probably was pretty strong. Before he could do anything, the toad attacked him, swinging the skull staff at him and Titus, who was barely able to jump aside. The monsters attack was aimed well, and if he hadn't had the enhanced reflexes and evasion stats from his armour the damned thing would have hit him. Barely escaping the blow, Hei was sure that the attack would have ended badly for him, and so he used the short time to take a potion from the pouch and drink it, therefore increasing any damage he would deal from now on. "hey Titus, stay in cover, I'll try and deal with this one. But don't hesitate and use every chance to hinder it without actually endangering yourself" he yelled to the other player.

Spoiler

ID# 94238
Mob: 6-3 = 3 -> miss

--- Stats ---
Hei: 480/480 HP | 48/48 Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9+2 DMG

- Tiger rage potion (+2 DMG)

Edited by Hei

Titus who had just jumped out of the way, searched for a place to hide, and found cover behind the boat, that had been torn onto the shore. From behind his cover he observed the fight going on between Hei and the shaman like toad monster. After Hei had sidestepped it's last attack and activated an item, the enormous beast once again got ready to attack. It's staff began to glow, as it seemed the Boss like creature was able to use swordskills as well. When the glow became intense, it rushed forwards, swinging the staff like a baseball bat, but before it could reach Hei, it stumbled over some loose grass and fell. Hei had been waiting for it to charge in, and had charged his own swordskill, ready to release it, and when the beast stumbled, the power of his skill hit nothing but thin air. "Damnit, why had it have to stumble, I could have dealt a lot of damage when this had connected." he yelled, but in reality he was just happy that the monster hadn't landed a hit on him.

Spoiler

ID# 94239
Battle: 2+3 = 5 -> miss
Mob: 1 -> crit fail

--- Stats ---
Hei: 480/480 HP | 46/48 Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9+2 DMG

Edited by Hei

The Shaman Toad had fallen to the ground, but instead of taking some time to get back up, the mob was really agile and with a somersault it got back up to it's feet. Once again standing there, towering above Hei, it used it's staff to smash the ground, sending a shockwave towards Hei, who hadn't been prepared for this, He had though it might start a new attack with its staff, maybe jumping at him, so he got hit really hard by the shockwave, and got thrown back a few feet. Stumbling back up to his feet, he saw that the monster was closing in on him, and probably prepared for the next attack. With one of it's attacks dropping Heis HP by nearly a third, he wasn't eager to get hit a second time. Instead he tried circling it, charging his Merciless Fury and releasing it once he was close enough. The spear darted forwards multiple times, to quick to really see it, and left multiple red marks on the beast, dropping it's HP, but not as much as Heis HP had dropped.

Spoiler

ID# 94269
Battle: 6+3 -> hit -> 12x (9+2) = 132-24 = 108 DMG -> 372/480 HP
Mob: 9 -> crit -> 145 DMG -> 335/480 HP

--- Stats ---
Hei: 335/480 (-145) HP | 34/48 (+1 -13) Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9+2 DMG
Shaman Toad: 372/480 (-108) HP | 144 DMG | 24 MIT

Edited by Hei

The fight was harder than any fight Hei had ever had to deal with. it seemed that the monster had a really high damage output, and by some means it was able to hit him frequently, even with him using his enhanced reflexes to jump away. On the other hand the Monster had some armour, so Hei's attacks didn't hit it as hard as he had hoped, so he was already lower than the monster. This being a fact he didn't want to accept, Hei charged in for a second attack, charging his skill and dodging a few light attacks by the monster. The moment he released the attack, the spear darted forwards, hitting the shaman multiple times, but before he was able to change his direction, the big monster used an attack to slam him to the ground, sending his HP into the yellow area while it was still i  the green. "Damit, this mob is really strong, I hope I can kill it no matter what. Maybe I need to use a potion once my Energy is drained so far, that I have to regen it before I can really attack it once more" he mumbled to himself, while he got back up to his feet and run away from the monster, to have a safety distance between himself and the mob.

Spoiler

ID# 94270
Battle: 9 -> 12* 12 DMG -> 144 - 24 = 120 DMG -> 252/480 HP
Mob: 10 -> crit -> 146 Dmg -> 189

--- Stats ---
Hei: 189/480 (- 146) HP | 22/48 (+1 -13) Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9+2 DMG
Shaman Toad: 252/480 (-120) HP | 144 DMG | 24 MIT

Edited by Hei

Still lying on the ground, Hei rolled to his left side, barely evading another attack by the mob. Where the staff hit the ground it left a deep hole and dirt was sent flying in all directions. - These attacks are really strong, but if I could just manage to land a few hits without being hit myself, I will be able to defeat the beast.-  While he was thinking that, the staff was swung at him once again, but he once again was able to evade it. Still on the ground, there was not much he could do, so he used the rotation from his somersault and rolled back to his feet. The Monster turned to follow him and the staff came swinging again. This time Hei jumped into the air, landed on the staff when it hit the ground and ran up the weapon, using the time the Toad didn't knew what to do to charge his swordskill and released it, when he jumped over it's head. The multiple hits reduced it's HP by quite a bit and the gauge changed it's colour to yellow. "Eat this!" he yelled, when he landed on the other side.

Spoiler

ID# 94271
Battle: 10 -> 12x(11+2) = 156 -24 = 132 DMG -> 120/480 HP
Mob: 5 - 3 = 2 -> miss

--- Stats ---
Hei: 189/480 (-0) HP | 10/48 (+1 -13) Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9+2 DMG
Shaman Toad: 120/480 (-132) HP | 144 DMG | 24 MIT

Edited by Hei

It seemed that the manoeuvre he had used just now was to much for the field boss. The dangerous creature needed really long, before it picked up its weapon and turned around to look for its opponent. Hei who had played many MMOs before used the chance to pick up one of his health potions and drink it, regaining a portion of his HP back. It wasn't much and he was still in the yellow area, but he still felt good for using it. If he would continue to heal back up, he was was positive to survive the fight, and within a few seconds his Energy should recharge to the point where he was able to use his deadly swordskill once again. The Shaman Toad finally turned around and as soon as it saw Hei, it began to attack him. The staff began glowing in a dark red, which was a colour he hadn't seen today, so what ever it was gonna do was something new. From within the staff, energy emitted and a wave of dirt and water was thrown towards him. But Hei had been ready for what ever the beast would use against him, and so he jumped over it, not getting hit at all.

Spoiler

ID# 94276
Mob: 2 -> miss

--- Stats ---
Hei: 239/480 (-0 + 50) HP | 11/48 (+1) Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9+2 DMG
Shaman Toad: 120/480 (-0) HP | 144 DMG | 24 MIT

Edited by Hei

The wave of muddy brown water rushed beneath him and Hei wasn't sure if he would really get to evade the complete attack, when the wave shrank and was over. The ground he landed on was muddy and it was hard to keep his balance, but it seemed, that the Shaman Toad had the same problems, even tough it came from the water. "there you go, that's what you get for using something as cowardly as that to attack me" he yelled at the monster, that replied with a loud grunting noise. He knew that it wasn't the best to enrage it, but there was no other way, as it was standing next to the Boat Titus was hiding behind, and he had to get it away from there. Slithering while he ran, he circled the beast once again, and lured it away from where it was. The big beast followed him with clumsy steps and began swinging its staff to keep in balance. Hei realized, that it wouldn't be able to attack him while walking like this and used the chance to drink another healingpotion.

Spoiler

ID# 94277
MOB: 4 -> miss

--- Stats ---
Hei: 289/480 (-0 + 50) HP | 12/48 (+1) Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9+2 DMG
Shaman Toad: 120/480 (-0) HP | 144 DMG | 24 MIT

Edited by Hei

Still stumbling around a little, the field boss followed him, trying to get into reach of it's staff. But by now Hei had figured out how long the staff was and what range the monster had for its attack and with quick steps he kept out of the area the monster could attack. He throw away the empty potion flask and once again got ready to attack the monster. He wasn't sure what attack he should use, when his energy reached the point where he could use his merciless furry, and he knew, that this was the way to go. Tightening the grip on his spear, he changed his direction, and now instead of simply walking away from the monster, he moved towards it, jumping from its left to its right. The Shaman tried to hit him twice, before Hei was close enough to release the swordskill. None of the mobs hits hit him, as he had always jumped away before it was even close to him, and when the spear darted forwards multiple times, the Toads HP dropped down into the red. - Nice, it's nearly dead, but I can't pierce through its armour with normal attacks, I have to wait for my energy to recharge at least a little before I can attack it a last time. i probably should use another Healthpotion just to be save -

Spoiler

ID# 94278
Mob: 5-3 = 2 -> miss
Battle: 3+3 = 6 -> hit -> 12*11 - 24 = 108 DMG -> 12/480 HP

--- Stats ---
Hei: 289/480 (-0) HP | 0/48 (+1-13) Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9+2 DMG
Shaman Toad: 12/480 (-108) HP | 144 DMG | 24 MIT

Edited by Hei

While he already thought about how he could end it, and how long he had to survive the Toad Shamans attacks, he nearly forgot that he was quite close to the beast after his attack. He just tabbed his potion pocket, when he heard something and instinctively ducked. Without his armours reflex enhancer he wouldn't have been fast enough, as the staff swung by him with just a few centimetres distance. - Puh, that had been close. One moment later and it had connected. - he thought, while letting himself fall to the ground and using the movement to roll away from the beast. Once he has far enough away, he stood up again and this time he actually took out a potion and used it. Hei's HP raised back up to nearly three quarters as the potions effect started. Now he just had to keep running from this beast for another minute or two, so his energy would recharge to a level where he could end the fight with one more attack.

Spoiler

ID# 94328
Mob: 6-3 = 3 -> miss

--- Stats ---
Hei: 339/480 (-0 + 50) HP | 1/48 (+1) Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9+2 DMG
Shaman Toad: 12/480 (-0) HP | 144 DMG | 24 MIT

Edited by Hei

Hei had just finished using his potion, when he saw the huge monster coming for him once again. As he had just pointed out, it would take a few more minuted for his Energy to recharge to a level where he could use his Maiming Blow  he would need to use to be able and penetrate the beasts armour. At first he had though a few minutes should be easy, but it seemed that the boss had some new attacks he had not yet seen it was going to use, so when the Toad reached ground that was not so swampy, that it could stand without balancing, it crouched down a little, just to launch it self from the ground towards Hei. "Oh fck, that's unexpected" was the only thing Hei could press out before he stumbled backwards, falling into the mud. The Shaman toad swung its staff once more, and Hei who was lying on the ground couldn't stop the attack from hitting him. After his HP dropped below 50% once again, Hei pulled out another healthpotion and tried to heal back up a little.

Spoiler

ID# 94807
Mob: 9 -> crit -> 145 DMG -> 244/480 HP

--- Stats ---
Hei: 244/480 (-145 + 50) HP | 2/48 (+1) Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9+2 DMG

1/5 Healthpotions left

Edited by Hei

Hei was lying in the mud, sucking the healthpotion from its bottle and hoping for the beast not to start any more attacks. He didn't really think that it wouldn't attack, but he wasn't attacked for a moment and he quickly used it to slither through the mud, hiding from the beast and trying to find a place where he could get up again. The enormous staff hit the mud close to his face, and he got thrown away from its impact. Lucky enough, he didn't got hurt by it, but simply landed in the water, what allowed him to swim to the shore a little away from the monster and come out of the water on his feet. "There you go, just a few more moments and I should have enough energy to finally kill it" he mumbled to himself. Hei had his vision focussed on the monster, so he could react to what ever it was doing next, and before he could take another potion from his pocket, the staff swung to the ground once again, sending a shock wave which he had to jump out of the way.

Spoiler

ID# 94887
Mob: 5-3 = 2 -> miss

--- Stats ---
Hei: 244/480 (-0) HP | 3/48 (+1) Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9+2 DMG

Edited by Hei