[F1-SP] <<The Third Lesson, Is Just As Free>> The bamboozling

Quest Info

Spoiler

<<The Third Lesson, Is Just As Free>>

This quest takes place on Floor 1

Players over level 15 are ineligible for SP rewards.
This quest is non-repeatable, however any player may participate in a thread to accompany the quest-taker.

af2cc7d58f31d53b91f9be9934ac17e5.jpg

Background Information - An old NPC Blacksmith, dubbed Lyle Tealeaf needs a delivery made to a young artisan named Hannah. The Artisan Hannah is currently in a grove of trees inside the city, painting. The parcel you receive from Lyle is a gold band, used for ring making. Hannah explains that that part was only the beginning of what she needed, and require a gemstone located deep in a dark cave. The cave has no natural lighting, and reduces your accuracy by 1 point.

Quest Objective
-Deliver the parcel to Hannah, the Artisan.

-Fetch a jewel suitable enough for her work, deep in a dark cave.

-Defeat the Cave Guardian

-Return the jewel to Hannah.

Requirements:

-At least one [1] Pages (21 or more posts)
-Must have completed 'The Second Lesson, Is Also Free' before taking this quest
-Must RP traveling to and from Hannah's grove.
-Must RP exploring the cave to find the jewel
-Defeat the Cave Guardian (appears after grabbing the jewel)
-Maximum Party size of 2.

Cave Guardian
HP: 20
Dmg: 50 (on first successful hit only)/ 5(Does not gain bonus damage from crits)

Rewards:

1. Questers will be rewarded one of the following items
    - 1 Tier one ring with +1 Accuracy or,

- 1 Tier one Amulet with  +1 Evasion

2. 2 Additional Skill Points

If a party of players undertakes this quest together, each must succeed on their own task list (e.g. each must gather 2 gems/2 bats)

Recommended Level: 1

Kimi got out the directions from the NPC blacksmith Lyle which should bring her to another NPC in need. After going around the Town of Beginnings completely lost she stumbled upon a small grove in a artsy district. While over there Kimi realized that this is where she is needed and proceeded to follow the rest of the instructions until she came upon a artist painting. "Hello? Do you happen to be the artisan known as Hannah?" Kimi questioned the NPC as she neared to get a closer look at the painting. "Why yes i am. Are you in need of something?" Kimi then took out a gold ring that her previous quest giver gave her to pass on. "I was instructed to pass this on to you." The NPC Hannah took a closer look and exclaimed. "Ahh, I see Lyle fulfilled my order! Actually this is just the beginning of my work. I need a gem to complete this. If you are willing to help me i'll happily reward you if you can receive a gem for me. I have the location already, but i don't wish to leave my painting incomplete. Will you accept?" Kimi has been waiting for another adventure and with another reward on her mind she happily accepted.

Used Items/Buffs

Spoiler

• Yui's Grace - +1sp on completion 
  • Skylight (Searching):+1 Expertise to declared utility skill.
  • Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

The NPC Hannah left some instructions and directions of where to go to get the gem that she needed. The gem laid inside a cave out in the wilds outside the Town of Beginnings. Kimi made sure she had everything she would need for it. Double checking her equipment and making a few changes here and there since she leveled up. Kimi was more comfortable soloing quest since she has Noodle by her side. This was the first time she would be using Noodle and also using her paralyzing wraps. Shes been holding on to it until she felt it was right to change. Now was a better time than any for changes since she was still in town. Noodle has grown a liking to Kimi since she found and tamed him. Now it is time to see if they really shared a bond she felt. 

Kimi was making her way to the exit gates of the Town of Beginnings. She was more than prepared, but she knew that you can never be too prepared. Getting out was quite troublesome because Noodle would drift off sometimes to the smell of food just like Kimi herself does. It was quite adorable that Noodle was so much like her in the sense of wanting to stuff her face with sweets. Then again, it was through a cookie she shared with Noodle that he was tamed. Eventually they made their way to the gate and Kimi proceeded with her routine double checking. She also performed minor stretches, but nothing to much that she would make herself look weird in public. This was all just force of habit which she couldn't really help. "Alright! Lets get going. Come on Noodle, times a wasting." She said to herself and Noodle who sat patiently beside her.

As they were traveling in the plains passing everything by. Noodle was having fun running through the tall green grass. The day had perfect weather for questing if not for the daily crafting and getting about. This was expected of the first floor to have perfect everything and the only time it changed weather was on occasion like events or key seasons like winter. Since winter just passed the grass around Kimi was green as ever she even moved off the path just to walk around a bit in its freshness. Kimi giggle from time to time along their travels as Noodle kept stumbling doing adorable acts as jumping to catch butterfly's or chase a grasshopper. A thought actually came to mind while she was walking through the grass. With the snow gone there was bound to be some materials she could use laying around. Sadly though she couldn't find any in her search.

ID# 93999 results:

LD: 11 (+2) = 13 LD

Edited by Kimi

Not being able to find materials didn't get Kimi down at all since really it was just used to pass the time traveling. As she went back unto the path to continue going. The duo still had a ways to go. Normally when she would go out she would go to the forest. This time was different though, looking back at the directions the cave was nowhere near the forest, but still in the same directions. While continuing on Kimi saw a glimmer of a possible material. "Ohh look at that, can't believe i found one." She thought to herself. As she neared it, Noodle came up from under her legs and ran towards the shining flower and ate it. "Noo! Why would you do that?!" Kimi said scolding Noodle, but it was too late the flower was destroyed. "Can't believe you actually did that." Kimi face palmed herself in sadness.

ID# 94000 results:

LD: 12 (+2) = 14 LD

no mats found.

Edited by Kimi

Kimi was quite disappointed that she couldn't get a hold of the material that Noodle ate. Even though it was adorable of him to be acting like that she wasn't expecting him to go after something she would use. As she kept walking trying to shake off her head of what he might eat next Kimi opened her eyes to see that the forest is in the distance. "Huh, didn't think id make it here this quick." Kimi thought while pulling out the directions she got from NPC Hannah. "Says i should split off here, if i remember correctly she said hat there is no real path, but you can see a barely visible dirt trail heading off in another direction." As they moved on, Kimi kept her eyes on the floor until she noticed that the grass was flattened and barely growing to one side of the path she was on. "This must be it." She thought. As she examined it she noticed that the flattened grass and the fact it wasn't growing well continued on. From there she tried to scout out more mats while examining the area, but couldn't find any.

ID# 94003 results:

LD: 4 (+2) = 6 LD

no mats found

Edited by Kimi

Now that they had found the path Noodle and Kimi started heading in that direction. Kimi considered all the times shes been out of the Town of Beginnings and on the path to the forest. She wondered why she never noticed this path before, but it didn't bother too much. Most of the time Kimi travels shes lost in thought, though she should really be alert and aware of her surroundings. Even with that nothing too dangerous ever happened to her except sometimes monsters or beast attacking her. Kimi snapped back to reality as she thought that something might happen to Noodle. As she looked around she saw a small blue wagging shark tail poking out of the tall grass. "Ahh thank god i didn't lose you again." She thought to herself. As she neared closer Kimi noticed Noodle was gnawing on something. Upon receiving it, it turned out to be another material. Which Kimi quickly placed in her inventory to prevent Noodle from ruining it any further.

ID# 94004 results:

LD: 20 (+2) = 22 LD

T1 Material Found

Edited by Kimi

"So you eat materials, but you're also pretty keen on finding them. You really are something you know that." Kimi said looking at Noodle who stared back at her wagging. She pat him on the head said "Boop!" in a high pitch tone and continued going on. As the duo continued following the trail it seemed as there were no more materials since Noodle stayed by her side. Not to far away Kimi noticed a mound of rocks with a hole. "That must be it. Come on Noodle lets get going." She said as she quickened her pace. Noodle followed as best he could with his stubby short legs. Kimi couldn't help but slow down since she didn't want to rush him also since it was too adorable she just had to pet him. The two took their time getting to the cave, but Kimi wasn't too much in a hurry. She knew she would complete the quest soon.

ID# 94005 results:

LD: 7 (+2) = 9 LD

Nothing Found

Edited by Kimi

It wasn't long till Noodle and Kimi made it to the cave. The cave wasn't anything special and from what it looks like the cave was too dark to do anything major. "Finding a gem shouldn't be too hard." Kimi thought to herself. As she got closer, she heard a grunt from behind her. As she turned around it seemed a boar from the tall grass came out to start a fight. It was weird how she didn't see too many monsters and beast around the plains, but she was already hyped to start a fight. With her new gear ready and Noodle by her side, Kimi felt as if she could take on the world at the moment. "Ok! now's a great time to show them what you can do! Go Noodle, I choose you!" Kimi said at the top of her lungs. Noodle sprawled forward nervously, but couldn't manage the courage and hid behind Kimi.

| Kimi | Level 11 | HP 220/220 | E 22/22 | 8 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 0 | MIT 18 |

| Boar | HP 110/110 | 33 DMG |

Kimi went in front on Noodle because she kinda felt bad that she threw him into that. "Alright Noodle im sorry. Come on lets do this together." She said confidently while taking a stance. Kimi prepared herself to use her Sword Art "Delayed Sword". "Lets go Noodle!" Kimi said as she started to run towards the boar. Blue energy gathered around her leg as she said "Delayed Sword" while sprinting. She unleashed a relentless assault of well placed kicks that would disable the boar until she made her last hit a chop to the neck of the boar. After that she backed off a bit, Kimi didn't see that Noodle participated by tackling the boar also. The boar had none of what Kimi was doing and retaliated dealing a fair amount of damage as it tackled her. It wasn't something to worry about, but it did push her back a bit.

| Kimi | Level 11 | HP 205/220 | E 18/22 | 8 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 0 | MIT 18 | 33 HP - 18 MIT = -15

| Boar | HP 71/110 | 33 DMG | -7 Thorn, -32 HP = 39

ID# 94014

BD: 3 (+3) = 6 Hit

MD: 8 Hit

Edited by Kimi

As Kimi readjusted for her next attack, she saw how Noodle was a bit worried at how she took the boars hit from earlier. This made Kimi want to show Noodle nothing was wrong at all and that she could continue fighting without anything to worry about. As she prepared for another assault she said "Delayed Sword" again and the energy gathered once again around her limbs. She quickly made her way to the boar and performed her art, but towards the end of it a furious glow came from the boars eyes. The boar knocked Kimi back and charged her with its tusks down hitting Kimi straight on. The hit from the boar was very solid and sent her back, but she knew that she also dealt a heavy amount of damage also since she made the beast react like that. Kimi touched the spot where she was hit "Thankfully i'm well equipped or that would've hurt." She said to herself.

| Kimi | Level 11 | HP 188/220 | E 15/22 | 8 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 0 | MIT 18 | 35 HP - 18 MIT = -17

| Boar | HP 31/110 | 33 DMG |  -40 HP "Delayed Sword"

ID# 94059 results:

BD: 10 Hit +2 Base DMG

MD: 10 Hit +2 Base DMG

Edited by Kimi

Kimi looked at the boar and tried to analyze it. She could already tell that soon it would fall if she were to repeat her last attack, but she was hesitant because if she were to miss she would get knocked back again. The last hit she felt, but she kept that to herself because she didn't want to worry Noodle who was watching from the side. She didn't mind that he didn't participate much in the fight because she wouldn't want him to get hurt. Kimi put her attention back on the furious beast as she gathered energy back into her limbs to perform her "Delayed Sword" once more. "Hopefully this will end him, i don't want to drag this on." She thought to herself as she brought up herself to sprint at the beast again. As she was a few meters away from the boar Kimi leaped towards it and unleashed her attack. As she came down dealing her attack the boar froze for a moment half way through and disappeared.

| Kimi | Level 11 | HP 188/220 | E 12/22 | 8 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 0 | MIT 18 |

| Boar | HP 31/110 | 33 DMG |  -32 HP "Delayed Sword"

ID# 94061 results:

BD: 6 (+3) = 9 Hit

MD: 9 Hit

ID# 94062 results: Craft: 11; Loot: 19 (+2 Search&house buff) = 21 LD

330 Col

(1) T1 Rare Consumable

(1) T1 Perfect Weapon

Edited by Kimi

As the beast was slain and disappeared into pixels Kimi sat down for a bit to relax. "Ahh... That was a tough one wasn't it Noodle?" Kimi casually reached over to Noodle to pat his head as she looked up into the blue sky. "Hmm for such a nice day, its odd how i get this sinking feeling." She thought to herself. Kimi has been feeling down lately, but with Noodle around it was better. Either way she though if she was going to take a break she might as look for some materials. One she picked herself up Noodle came around her with some flowers in his mouth and dropped it. "Ohh are these for me?" She said with a smile to Noodle. From closer inspection Kimi noticed that those flowers were actually materials. She then put those away in her inventory. Kimi reached down to pat Noodle more now that he's making her job of finding materials easier. 

ID# 94064 results:

Loot: 14 (+2) = 16

Material Found

Edited by Kimi

When Kimi picked herself up she said to Noodle "Alright Noodle. Stick close to me because we're going into that dark cave to find a gem. It will be over soon so don't be afraid." Kimi started making her way to the cave. She wasn't to sure about entering because last time she was in a cave she had a hard time dealing with Giant Bats. As she stood at the entrance of the cave she said in a sigh. "Alright lets do this." She took one more glance at Noodle who was right by her side as the two entered the cave. The very mouth of the cave had a very steep and damp entrance, which was hard to get good footing in. The two of them made their way fairly deep into the cave after some time. Along the way Kimi saw how there were no signs of sounds aside for water drops and the natural cave ambience. While going through she found some mushrooms that were materials and put them away in her inventory. 

ID# 94065 results:

LD: 14 (+2) =16

Materials Found

Edited by Kimi

Even though Kimi found some materials in the cave she could use or even sell it wasn't what she needed. As the two came to what seemed to be the deepest part of the cave they began searching. Kimi took out a ring she had gotten before as a gift and bent to her knees saying to Noodle "We're looking for something like this. You got it?" As she pointed to the gem on her ring. Noodle just offered a adorable little nod as it waddled along with Kimi. Kimi traced her hand along the rough cave walls as she searched. "The artisan said there should be gems here, but it doesn't really seem like they are here." Just as she said that Kimi saw something shine not to far from her. She anxiously made her way there hoping for it to be the gem. As she got close she saw an stone that looked like opal and picked it up. "This must be it Noodle. Lets get going!" She said excitedly.

When Kimi picked up the stone the cave seemed to rumble for a bit. "This doesn't sound good. Lets get out of here." She said to Kimi. She tried her best to navigate back to the entrance of the cave. It was fairly difficult due to the cave being dark and damp. Not only that, but all the way back was steep and difficult to get solid footing. Kimi looked back at her little buddy Noodle who was stumbling all over the place. "Here let me help you up Noodle." Kimi said as she picked him up and made their way up to the entrance. They were nearly there when Kimi saw something odd outside. If she recalled correctly the day was very nice with no signs of clouds, but as she neared the entrance with Noodle in her arms she saw a massive stone golem waiting outside for them. Kimi face paled for a bit. "this can't be good." she then set Noodle down and took up a defensive stance not knowing what might the golem do.

When she put down Noodle the guardian tried to strike the both of them, but they were quick to react and dodged easily. As she saw that it she was worried for Noodle, but it seemed that he got away also. The golem then turned to Kimi which was a relief because she didn't want the golem to attack her precious Noodle. "Alright come here you dumb rock." She said as she charged up her Sword Art "Delayed Sword". After energy gathered around her limbs like before against her fight with the boar, she went in to strike the hunkering golem. When she finished her attack and pulled away. Kimi noticed that there wasn't a scratch on it, that or her attacks were just weak. "Ugh, i'll just have to try harder next time." She said in frustration. Kimi called out to Noodle. "Baby are you ok? I'll get back at it for you!"

| Kimi | Level 11 | HP 220/220 | E 20/22 | 8 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 0 | MIT 18 |

| Cave Guardian | HP 20 | 5 DMG 

ID# 94070 results:

BD: 2 Miss

MD: 1 Miss

Edited by Kimi

Kimi was furious at the golem for scaring Noodle like that. "How dare you do that to my baby!" Kimi charged at the golem and attempted "Delayed Sword" again, but this time was different. She rushed the golem with relentless abandon and no concern of anything, but Noodle. After she finished her attack she watched as the golem froze in place. The golem slowly started to crumble and fell apart with the light fading from the headstone. "That was easy. Still though he deserved it." Kimi said as she looked towards Noodle and called him over "Noodle~ come here." Noodle came running as best he could. Only stumbling a little bit along the way. She stared at the remains of the golem seeing if it would still move, but nothing. "This might explain the fact there were no signs of life in the cave. It was probably guarding the gem. This information could've came in handy." Kimi thought to herself as she picked up Noodle and cradled him.

| Kimi | Level 11 | HP 220/220 | E 17/22 | 8 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 0 | MIT 18 |

| Cave Guardian | HP -16/20 | 5 DMG -36

ID# 94071 results:

BD: 9 Hit

MD: 5

Edited by Kimi

Kimi wanted to wait for the stones to disappear because she didn't want to get surprise attacked from behind. As she waited a little longer the rubble and remains of the golem finally faded away. "Hmm not sure why that took a while, but at least we know its actually gone. Lets get going Noodle, i don't think its a good idea staying here any longer." Kimi said as she put down Noodle and made their way to the uneven path they followed earlier. Kimi checked around if there were anything that might be hiding or following, but to her suspicion there was nothing. "Guess it safe for now." Kimi decided to get look around for any materials while she can. After a few minutes of looking around the sides of the path she was on nothing was a usable material. She then kept going, she didn't want to keep the NPC waiting.

ID# 94090 results:

Loot: 5 (+2) = 7

Edited by Kimi

Once Kimi reached the point where she broke off the main path that lead towards the forest she wanted to rest. "Whew... today was a long day wasn't it Noodle. Here how about you get some cookies." Kimi pulled out some cookies she bought from the market before they left to find the cave. "How about next time you stick to me and don't wander off. Monster like that are around and i don't want you getting hurt. Do you understand Noodle." Noodle promptly nodded as if he understood, but Kimi just accepted it. She really wasn't sure if he could truely understand her, but any sign that he gave, she assumed that he was acknowledged her. "Alright Noodle, i'm going to take a look around and find some of those shiny materials you keep finding. Just stay here and finish up your cookies." Kimi then stood up and took a paced around a bit, but not to far from Noodle.

ID# 94091 results:

Loot: 14 (+2) = 16

1 T1 material found

Edited by Kimi