[F1-SP] <<The Fourth Lesson, Is Actually Free>> Its a BIG one

Spoiler

<<The Fourth Lesson, Is Actually Free>>

This quest takes place on Floor 1

Players over level 15 are ineligible for SP rewards.
This quest is non-repeatable, however any player may participate in a thread to accompany the quest-taker.

17402934._SX540_.jpg

Background Information - An young NPC Artisan, dubbed Hannah needs a delivery made to a old fisherman named Ol' Pete. The Fisherman Pete is currently fishing in the giant lake located nearby, fishing his withered bones to dust. The parcel you receive from Hannah is a Fishing Pole, used for fishing large fish. Pete explains that that was the order he was waiting for, but he needed help. He needs a strapping young player to be abe to reel in the Fish when it appeared on the line

Quest Objective
-Deliver the Fishing Pole to Pete.

-Take his boat out with him to the center of the pond to catch a Sword-Fish. (Can be caught on a CD of 6+)

-Defeat the Sword-Fish

-Bring the Sword-Fish onto the boat and take it back to the Docks.

Requirements:

-At least one [1] Pages (21 or more posts)
-Must have completed 'The Third Lesson, Is Just As Free' beforehand
-Must RP traveling to and from Ol' Pete's .
-Must RP Taking the boat out and fishing
-Defeat The Sword-Fish (appears after Reeling in the Linel)
-Maximum Party size of 2.

Sword-Fish
HP: 35
Dmg: 50 (on first successful hit only)/ 5(Does not gain bonus damage from crits)

Rewards:

1. Quest Starter will be rewarded one of the following items
    - 1 Fish with +1 Strong (+1 BD for one Thread)

-1 Fish with +1 Carbohydrates (+3 Energy Regenerated in Combat for one Thread)

2. 2 Additional Skill Points

Kimi was told by the young artisan NPC that she needed help with a delivery and that she couldn't do it. So while Kimi was still in a questing mood she accepted and went on her way to deliver a fishing pole to a Old Man NPC known as Ol' Pete. Kimi made her way to the exit of the Town of Beginnings because from what she could see is that Ol' Pete is in the outskirts by a lake fishing. It didn't take long for her to get there because of the fact that there is only one big lake she knows of that some NPC occupy. As she arrived she found a Old NPC fitting the description sitting on the pier fishing, walked up to him and asked. "Are you Ol' Pete? If so i have to deliver this fishing rod to him." Kimi took out the fishing rod from her inventory and showed it to him. The NPC inspected the rod and answered. "Yea, 'tis be mine. Just leave it right here." The NPC then began to ask for help with fishing since he can feel his age to which Kimi accepted.

Items/Buffs used:

Spoiler

Yui's Grace

Skylight (Searching):+1 Expertise to declared utility skill.

Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Edited by Kimi

Ol' Pete stood up from his stoll and said, "There's a fish out there that i've spent most of my life trying to catch. It doesn't come out the the pier here because its too shallow for him, but i have a boat we can use to get to the middle of the lake where we can fish. Take the fishing rod that you brought with you and lets go." The old man NPC proceeded to pack a few of his things into a decent sized row boat and gestured for Kimi to come. As she sat there, Ol' Pete began to unwind the rope that kept them anchored to shore. "Alright missy lets get going." The two of them proceeded to row. Noodle on the other hand was just enjoying his swim around the boat. This really showed that he could swim since Kimi never saw Noodle swim before.

"Its been a long day for you hasn't it missy?" Ol' Pete said trying to start a conversation while they were making their way to the middle of the lake. Kimi just looked up into the blue sky and said, "Yeah today has been something alright. I've been on taking request after request since i started. I think i might be taking a break soon too, but i'm stll not sure." Kimi drifted into thought of how long the day has been. It started out casually when she met Kaya, but after the 2nd quest they split for a bit to take a break. Though from there on shes been doing quest solo and it wasn't to bad. She just liked the idea of having company, until of course she met Spencer while taking a break and got Noodle along the way. Either way she just wanted to relax for a bit and just enjoy being around.

Kimi was still staring into the blue sky. It was starting to get late from what she noticed since it wasn't as blue anymore. "I wonder how the artisan is doing right now. Since shes painting it would suck that she had to hold off today since the sky is changing color." Kimi thought to herself as she saw the sky turn to a more orange hue. The breeze was still cool and there were some animal around making the afternoon seem more lively than it was. Just floating towards the middle of the lake was very therapeutic. Kimi closed her eyes for a bit and just focused of the gentle movement of the boat on the lake. She would've loved to just spend the rest of her day lounging about on the boat, but it wasn't hers and she had to help Ol' Pete with fishing. Noodle seemed to be doing the same as her and just enjoyed floating about.

Kimi mustered up her voice to say something before she dozed off. "Hey Ol' Pete, Could you wake me up when we get there. I'm going to take a short nap, its been a very long day and i haven't had the chance to get real rest." The NPC promptly said "Sure missy, but it will take some time to get there so you'll have plenty of time to sleep. I know Ol' Pointy is going to be in the middle of the lake and won't be moving anytime soon." Kimi opened up her menu and went though her inventory to find the song that Jomei made for her and the other guild mates that were at the Christmas party not long ago. "Almost forgot i had this. Now's a perfect time than any to be using it." She thought to herself as she activated a recording crystal and left it by her side.

The song that Jomei had was a very soothing lute play that really matched the calm of the lake. It along with the gentle cool breeze and subtle sounds of life around her made the rest even more worth while. While resting Kimi dreamt of all the things shes done so far. Sometimes there were random instances of Noodle playing around, falling, and eating which made Kimi happy. Once Jomei's song ended Kimi opened her eyes and stretched a bit. She took a look at the time and really only about 30 minutes have passed. She looked over the side of the boat to see a string attacked to one Noodles legs dragging him along with the boat as he floats sleeping gently. Kimi giggled for a moment at the look of her adorable familiar who was just as tired as she was. "Little guy was walking with me everywhere with those little legs. He deserves his rest." She thought to herself. 

Kimi picked up Noodle and cut the string from his leg. "Are we almost there Ol' Pete?" Kimi questioned while rubbing some sleep off her eyes. She didn't notice that they were a fair distance from the pier and it looked like very small from where they were. "Wow you really took the boat out old man." She thought to herself as she sat up. "We are going to be there soon. Don't worry kiddo." Ol' Pete replied as he was also taking a break from rowing. "So what kind of fish are you trying to catch anyways and for how long have you been after the beast?" Kimi asked trying to break the silence. "Ohh Ol' Pointy has been in my view for a long time, but every time i try tackling the challenge of catching him he either gets away, or I grow to tried to pursuit it."

"Well hopefully today is the day you finally get him." Kimi said as she offered a smile to the Old man. The Old Man NPC suddenly spoke up. "We're here, get yourself ready to catch the big one." Kimi say up from her lazy posture and look up the rod. "So what are we looking for exactly." Kimi was trying to remind the Old Man of her original question since he trailed off into the long history he had with the fish. "Ohh right, Well Ol' Pointy is a swordfish and a big one at that too. He is probably as old as I am." Ol' Pete said laughing at his joke about age. The old man placed some bait on his rod and began fishing. Kimi followed what he did and tried to fish also, but she couldn't get a single bite. She wasn't too bothered by the fact they didn't get something right away as fishing takes time.

ID# 94243 results:

Craft: 4

No bites

Edited by Kimi

The afternoon sun was still above the heads of Kimi and Ol' Pete as they waited patiently for a bite. "How long does this usually take?" Kimi said in a low voice as to not scare any of the fish away. Ol' Pete thought for a moment as he was making it obvious he was trying to gather his thoughts. "Well every time I attempted to fight the beast he would appear at random times. Sometimes it would be instantly, or some days i wouldn't get a single bite from him at all." Ol' Pete said while scratching his chin. Kimi placed her hand on her head trying to dismiss the thought that this man was hopeless, but just as she did that she felt a tug coming from her rod. "I think i got something!" Kimi said as she quickly placed both hand on the rod. Ol' Pete put his down fishing rod and assisted Kimi. "Here quickly. Yank the beast out of the water." As Kimi yanked the fish out it quickly went back into the water. 

ID# 94245

CD: 12 

Swordfish

Dmg: 50 (on first successful hit only)/ 5(Does not gain bonus damage from crits)

| Kimi | Level 13 | HP 260/260 | E 26/26 | 8 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 0 | MIT 18 |

Edited by Kimi

"He isn't going to that easy on us!" Ol' Pete said frantically as he pulled the fishing rod along side with Kimi. "Here how about you weaken him so we can reel him in easier." Kimi quickly responded with "I'll see what i can do. I can't do much while i'm on the boat." Kimi was lost to how she had to deal with the swordfish, but she needed to act fast while it was still on the hook. As she was looking around the boat for something she could use. Her eyes swept over Noodle and an idea came to mind. "Noodle! I need your help to get the fish!" Noodle quickly got up from where he sat and wagged his tail. Kimi couldn't help but say at the top of her lungs "Go Noodle! I choose you!" Kimi did all that while pointing dramatically at the sword fish. As soon at Noodle entered the water, he seemed to have scare the swordfish out for a brief moment. During that moment Kimi went ahead and punched it when it was close enough.

Swordfish

| Kimi | Level 13 | HP 260/260 | E 26/26 | 8 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 0 | MIT 18 |

"He isn't going to that easy on us!" Ol' Pete said frantically as he pulled the fishing rod along side with Kimi. "Here how about you weaken him so we can reel him in easier." Kimi quickly responded with "I'll see what i can do. I can't do much while i'm on the boat." Kimi was lost to how she had to deal with the swordfish, but she needed to act fast while it was still on the hook. As she was looking around the boat for something she could use. Her eyes swept over Noodle and an idea came to mind. "Noodle! I need your help to get the fish!" Noodle quickly got up from where he sat and wagged his tail. Kimi couldn't help but say at the top of her lungs "Go Noodle! I choose you!" Kimi did all that while pointing dramatically at the sword fish. As soon at Noodle entered the water, he seemed to have scare the swordfish out for a brief moment. During that moment Kimi went ahead and punched it when it was close enough.

ID# 94263 results:

Battle: 5 (+3) = 8 Hit

MOB: 2 Miss

| Swordfish | HP: 27 | Dmg: 50 (on first successful hit only)/ 5(Does not gain bonus damage from crits) | -8HP

Edited by Kimi

Kimi landed a solid punch on the fish that was briefly up in the air. "Nice hit! Keep at it and he will be our soon enough." Ol' Pete had a wide grin as he finally had the chance to catch his lifetime rival. With Noodle in the water chasing the fish around Kimi just waited for another great opportunity to attack it. Most of the time Ol' Pointy was in the water, and when he did come out it was too far for Kimi to do anything. She tried to cheer on Noodle to see if he could get the Swordfish to jump out closer to Kimi. "Come on Noodle i believe in you. Just get it to jump out a little closer to us." As Noodle herded the Swordfish closer it jumped out over the boat and Kimi was ready to hit it. She landed another solid hit on the fish sending it flying back into the water, but as she hit it the fishes tail smacked Kimi on the face with a crisp *Slap*. 

| Swordfish | HP: 10 | Dmg: 50 (on first successful hit only)/ 5(Does not gain bonus damage from crits) | -10HP -7Thorns = -17HP, Stunned

| Kimi | Level 13 | HP 210/260 | E 24/26 | 8 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 0 | MIT 18 | -50

ID# 94265 results:

Battle: 10 +2 Base DMG

MOB: 7 Hit

Edited by Kimi

Noodle spend some more time chasing the fist around. This time the fish wasn't as fast because of the previous hit that Kimi delivered to it, but it was still giving Noodle a hard time to chase. "I can't keep this up kiddo you have to do something soon. My grip is slipping." Kimi glanced over at Ol' Pete as he was shaking just trying to keep the Fishy beast on the line and without letting go of the fishing rod. "Just hang on, Noodle will get your fishy friend close enough. Then i'll strike it with all i got. Don't worry Ol' Pete this will be over soon." Kimi said in a reassuring voice. She looked at Noodle and said, "Alright Noodle, one last push should be good enough to seal the deal. Bring the fish over to us." As what Kimi said rang out Noodle quickened his pace to bring the fish near the boat and making the fish leap. Kimi quickly put all her strength into a solid punch on the bottom of the fish sending it back. "You've done it!" Ol' Pete cheered on as he successfully pulled his long time rival unto the boat.

| Swordfish | HP: 0 | Dmg: 50 (on first successful hit only)/ 5(Does not gain bonus damage from crits) | -10HP  

| Kimi | Level 13 | HP 205/260 | E 23/26 | 8 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 0 | MIT 18 | 

ID# 94267 results:

Battle: 8 Hit 

MOB: 9 stunned

Edited by Kimi

"You got it!" Kimi said towards Ol' Pete. The old man NPC stared at the fish for sometime. He fall into a very deep thought, disregarding everything around. "You alright?" Kimi said as she placed her hand on his shoulder. Ol' Pete had some tears come to his eyes to which Kimi wasn't sure what to do. She kept her hand on his shoulder as he held the swordfish and then broke the silence, "I've been chaing this fish for years. Just having it now..." Ol' Pete paused for a second as he tried to catch his breath. "I just never believed i would catch it. Every time I tackled the challenge of catching him i failed, but now..." He paused again for a moment. "You know. its ok, lets just head back." Kimi just nodded and called Noodle over so they can make their way back to the pier.

Kimi went to take the oars of the row boat and begin slowly making their way back. It was going to take some time making it back since she wanted to make the Old Man NPC settle in. The breeze slowly brushed against them bringing with it a slight freshness. The sun was nearly down and the orange hue of the day turned purple making the sky take up a new feel of atmosphere. Noodle was siting by Kimi resting, and with all the swimming he did she couldn't see why he would fall asleep so quickly. Kimi for a brief moment let go of the oars and placed her hand on Noodle stroking its back. "You did good." She said in a low tone. She took a glance toward the age worn fisherman to see how he is doing, but he sat quietly with his hands keeping his head up absorbing everything.

The fisherman and Kimi were still a ways to go from the pier. Kimi kept the oars out of the water to let the rigid old rowboat drift along side the wind towards the shore, only ever putting back the oars to fix their course. Kimi wasn't to sure why she treated the Old Man NPC as a real person, but she had to admit that it did portray real emotions and feelings. Everything that had happened during that fishing battle made Kimi wonder if somehow the NPC's that players react with are conscious, had goals, or aspirations. She pondered the thought for some time, but saved it for a later occurrence of the thought. "We will be there soon." Kimi said as she put back the oars to continue rowing. Ol' Pete only replied with a nod without any eye contact as he kept his eyes on the fish they caught together. 

Kimi took her time rowing back. Though it didn't take long for them to reach the pier, everything felt slower. Kimi placed back the oars in the boat as she stood up to stretch. She even woke up Noodle from his nap saying, "Come on Noodle, Its time to get up. We need to head home before it gets to late." Noodle looked up at Kimi dreary eyed and stretched getting ready to move around. Ol' Pete stayed sitting for a bit until he let go of a very heavy sigh and prepared to dock the used rowboat. "Here let me help you up." Kimi said as she stepped off unto the pier and extended her hand to bring up the old man. He hesitated for a moment as he took Kimi's hand to bring him up. Kimi could see that he had no intention of letting go of the fish as he was more worried about the fish slipping from under his arms than him missing his step making it on the pier.

The old man NPC gestured towards Kimi to follow him with only saying. "Come and follow me, I got something for you." Kimi wasn't entirely sure what he had in mind, but she could tell that it might be something of value he's handing her. She followed the old man NPC off the pier unto a path that led towards the Town of Beginnings. After some time the two arrived at a wooden and stone home to which the Ol' Pete entered. As he entered Kimi heard some rumbling around inside, but it stopped for a moment and Ol' Pete came out. "Come on in, I didn't let you follow me all the way out here just so i can leave you in the cold." Kimi blushed with embarrassment at how stupid she must be just to do that and made her way into the wooden and stone house that he resided. 

Kimi entered the wooden house after a bit of thought if it was really alright for her to go. As the cold slowly crept in and made Kimi shiver she decided that it would just be best to go inside the home. Upon entering she was greeted by a row of fish ranging from all different sizes. Oddly enough, she expected that the house would smell of fish bait or even the fish itself that hung of the plaques that lined all along the walls. "This is a pretty impressive collection you got going for yourself here." Kimi said slightly astonished. She took a look at every single one, each with its own name or label on the plaque. As she gazed about she noticed that each and every one of the fish were those she saw in the lake. Some of which she wasn't sure of, but judging from the collection they were all from there.

Aside from the fish that hung on the walls. There was a fireplace in a fairly typical spot, but on the fire place was an empty plaque with gold trim baring the name Ol' Pointy in a very fine and exquisite lettering. Just to the left of the fireplace was a very simple looking bed that looked comfortable enough to get the job done. On the opposite direction of the bed was a row of counters with a sink and a simple wooden table set to match. This house really was a log cabin than anything else, Kimi thought to herself as she made her way to one of the chair facing the fireplace. Ol' Pete was already sitting at one of the nice lounging chairs that faced the fire. "Come, Sit." He said in a friendly but tired old voice. Kimi saw how the chair offered to her still had some collected dust indicating he doesn't get too many visitors.