{F6-PP} Gathering Is Boring <<COMPLETE>>

Pinball stood at the gates of Krycim, preparing himself for the expedition he was about to undertake. He was a cook, and a cook needed materials to craft. Pinball had received plenty of orders during his career, and he had found out the hard way that running low on materials while crafting someone's order wasn't the best thing in the world. Both Stryder and Kaya could attest to that. Hefting his spear over his shoulder, Pinball was off, walking through what path was laid out for players. Soon, the city would be left behind, and all he'll see will be jungle. Pinball usually took walks during the early stages of the game, back when he had hid instead of fighting. But times had changed. 

After walking a good distance, Pinball stopped, slamming the end of his spear onto the ground. Alright! Time to get to work... hopefully I'm not stuck with my usual crap luck. 

@Froppy

Player Stats:

Spoiler

Pinball 

Lvl: 14 | HP: 280 | EN: 28 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 |  DMG: 5 |

Equipped: 

• Leather Armor of the Amatuer Duelist: +3 EVA {3 Slots} 
  • Naughty or Nice Blade: +2 Freeze, +1 Phase, Cursed {4 Slots} 
  • Warrior's Focus: +3 ACC {3 Slots} 

Skills: 

• 2H Assault Spear ~ Rank 3 
  • Fishing 
  • <<Empty>>

Battle Ready Inventory: 

• {3} Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality ~ +40 HP

Edited by Pinball
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tsu had been preparing to open her McDonald's restaurant, but she knew that as soon as she opened her shop for business, she would run out of materials immediately. It was better to stock up on mats for now and just be a little bit more patient before opening her shop. Tsu found herself heading to the sixth floor this time to gather her materials. Last time she went at it alone, so Tsu was relieved to see another player at the gate to leave Krycim.

Upon walking closer to said player, Tsu realized it was the same guy from the shop she ordered her dessert from. "Hey, Pinball right? You are out gathering mats for your shop too it looks like. Do you mind if I join you? ribbit." Tsu asked, giving a quick wave. If she was going to go out gathering with a partner, it was better with someone she at least somewhat knew.

@Pinball

Player Stats:

Spoiler

Lvl: 1| HP: 20 | EN: 2 | DMG: 1 |

Equipped: 

• Tadpole Blade: Bleed
  • Tadpole Helmet: +1 MIT

Battle Ready Inventory: 

• {3} Standard Healing Crystals (40 HP)

Edited by Froppy

Pinball nodded. Usually, he wouldn't be nearly as social. But, he was in a bad spot, having nearly died to a giant frog. He had been so very close to death, and to be frank, he was quite scared of ever being on that edge again. This floor was the 6th level, and the monsters here were much stronger than the ones he had fought on lower floors. Much stronger than King Croaksworth, the giant monster that had nearly taken his life. Company would be appreciated. Fighting through anxiousness and a bright red face, Pinball nodded. "Y-yea, sure, you can join." Pinball looked away, and then he heard it. Ribbit. Pinball shivered, and stared off into space. "Let's... let's go," he said slowly, unsure of whether or not what he had just heard was his imagination. He started walking off, looking behind him to make sure the girl was following. Trying to think of polite conversation, he turned, walking backwards. "What's your name?''

Tsu saw that Pinball's face was a bit red when he nodded and said that she could join him. Why was it that almost every boy she talked to she ended up making uncomfortable, Tsu just couldn't help but think about it. "Thanks, I didn't really want to go out on my own. The monsters out there can be troublesome when taking them on alone, ribbit.Tsu thanked, following Pinball past the gate. She opened her menu and put on her usual backpack to hold the materials she found.

Tsu covered her mouth when she saw Pinball shiver after hearing her ribbit. She was hoping that he didn't know it was her, but when he turned around to face her, Tsu got slightly worried that he would find out. "Just call me Tsu, ribbit. So, how is your shop doing? Thanks for the chocolates again by the way, ribbit." Tsu said, trying to make some conversation as well, covering her mouth when she ribbited. She didn't even realize it happen, but her tongue started to hang out of her mouth again, just her rotten luck.

@Pinball

Every time he heard a ribbit, his grip on his spear tightened. He had never met another actual person with a quirk like this, but he'd have to fight his way through it. He counted the croaks. That's twoHe shuddered again, then responded, "Yeah, not a problem. Valentine stuff, I think it was?" It only just now occured to him that it wasn't anywhere near February. "Wait... It's January?" Pinball looked at her strangely, but decided not to push her further. It was her business.What with the croaks and the valentine's chocolate, Tsu was turning out to be quite the character. Pinball clucked his tongue anxiously, unsure of what to do in this kind of situation. Social interaction wasn't exactly his forte. His gaze dropped to the ground, and he scanned the floor in front of him as they walked forward. Nothing. He needed the materials, but he didn't want to risk fishing, especially not with somebody he barely knew. He would have to gather the old fashioned way. He shrugged, and instead tried to focus on the sky in front of them. Anything but frogs.

Gathering: 

Spoiler

ID# 94629

LD: 13 (Failure) 

Nothing found. 

Total T1 Mats: 0

@Froppy

Edited by Pinball

Tsu was feeling worse and worse as time went on. Her ribbits were making things worse between her and Pinball. The way he was gripping his spear was worrying Tsu a little bit as well. Pinball seemed confused by her ordering a valentine's gift in January. Tsu giggled a little bit, remembering her order. "Well, I just wanted to be prepared, ribbit I also thought you were going to take a little longer on making it, ribbit." Tsu explaned, wincing slightly with each croak.

Tsu looked at the ground, but still found nothing worth grabbing. "We should probably head into the jungle, ribbit. There is bound to be materials in there. Also, you seem kinda jumpy, am I doing something to bother you? I seem to make everyone I talk to uncomfortable." Tsu asked, walking up close to Pin. She wanted to at least confirm if it was her ribbits or not that were the problem.

@Pinball

ID: 94632 LD: 5 (Failure)

Edited by Froppy

Pinball shrugged. It wasn't that weird to be prepared, he supposed. Even if it were a few months away. "Guess that's one less thing to worry about, huh?" As they walked, he gave the ground another quick scan. Nothing. "Damn," he murmered to himself, and swiped open his menu with his free hand. He unequipped his Leather Armor, leaving the regular cloth clothes he started out with as a new player. Then, over the clothes, he donned the Cloak of the Harbingers. It would make gathering a bit easier, he hoped. Pinball shooked his head, his face getting red. "No, no, nothing's the matter. Don't- don't worry about it. You... you shouldn't worry about it. You're good, you're good." Pinball sped up a tiny bit, then slowed right back down. They were getting deeper into the jungle, so hopefully they would find something worth gathering. 

*Unequipped "Leather Armor of the Amatuer Duelist" -3 EVA 

*Equipped "Cloak of the Harbingers" +3 LD 

Gathering: 

Spoiler

ID# 94653

LD: 5 (Failure) 

Nothing found. 

Total T1 Mats: 0 

@Froppy

Edited by Pinball

Tsu still couldn't shake the feeling that she was causing tension between her and Pinball. But for now, she would drop the questions and try to have a normal conversation. "Yeah, the days go by fast, so I like to prepare, ribbit. It's funny, I ordered a gift  for valentine's day, but I forgot who I was even going to give it to. I'll probably find someone before then, rrrrribbit." Tsu said, giggling a little bit about her mistake.

They were getting deeper into the jungle, but nothing really looked worth picking up. "Darn, this whole area has probably been cleaned out. We need to head really deep to the areas that haven't been picked out yet, ribbit." Tsu said, looking around more. She spotted a persimmon growing and pulled it off the plant it was on and put it in her backpack. "So, anything interesting happen lately? ribbit." Tsu asked, looking over at Pin.

Spoiler

ID: 94655 LD: 20 (Success) +1

1 Mat Total

@Pinball

Edited by Froppy

Pinball let out a breath, steadying himself. He looked at Froppy, and her appearence again reminded him of the fishing boss. He inhaled deeply, then exhaled. It was fine. It wasn't as if she would suddenly warp into a fishing boss... though that would be mortifying. Pinball nodded, a sheepish grin plastered on his face. "Yeah, I actually have a pretty bad memory too. At least you're prepared." The jungle was around them now, and Pinball spotted some mushrooms growing in the shade of a bush. Pinball crouched and gathered the item, placing it in his inventory with a few taps of his finger. "We can keep going deeper, if you want." As they walked, Pinball struggled to find a comfortable way to carry his spear. He acknowledged Tsu's question with a slight dip of his head. "Not really interesting, per say. I'm in a bit of a race to Level Twenty with this other player, though. We're going to have a duel... How about you?"

Gathering: 

Spoiler

ID# 94661 

LD: 18 (Success!) 

1 T1 Material found. 

Total T1 Mats: 1 

@Froppy

Edited by Pinball

Tsu laughed a little bit more when Pinball said that he had a bad memory too. "Yeah, I things go in and out of my head sometimes, ribbit. If I don't find anyone, I'm probably gonna end up eating these chocolates myself, ribbit." Tsu said taking the box of chocolates out of her inventory. She opened it and took four of them out. Tsu held three of them with her tongue still hanging out of her mouth, and held out one to Pinball in her hand. "Want one, ribbit? These ones don't have buffs, but they still taste good. I already tried a few, ribbit." Tsu offered. She took the three chocolates from her tongue and tossed them into her mouth, eating all of them at once. Pinball said they could go deeper, to which Tsu nodded. Then he explained how he was about to have duel with another player, and then asked if anything interesting happened with her. "Nothing really interesting. I've just been gathering a bunch of materials for my new restaurant, ribbit." Tsu answered.

Spoiler

ID: 94663 LD: 4 (Failure)

1 Mat Total

@Pinball

Edited by Froppy

Pinball nodded, saying with a small smile, "Yeah, well. Valentines Day isn't all that, anyways. It's just the best time for companies to sell over-priced chocolate; whether it be to couples celebrating, or to people like me who eat it out of bitter spite." Something shiny caught his eye as they walked, but it was just a water droplet on a leaf. Pinball smiled, taking the chocolate Tsu offered. "Thanks," he said, popping the chocolate in his mouth. Pinball took a slow bite, then swallowed. Dark chocolate. Just his luck. "So - you're making a restaurant? What floor are you gonna open up on, do you think?" He eventually settled on using his spear as a walking stick. The path might eventually get treacherous enough to where he could actually use it. Pinball then asked, "What are you planning on calling it? I've never really been that great with naming stuff." His username and the name of his shop were both perfect examples of his poor taste in names.

Gathering: 

Spoiler

ID# 94672 

LD: 4 

No materials found. 

Total T1 Mats: 1

@Froppy

Edited by Pinball

Tsu giggled a little bit more briefly when Pinball said that he just ate valentine's day chocolate out of spite. "Yeah, I ate out of spite a lot too. Years come and go, and I keep all the chocolate to myself, ribbit. I never get any, but at least when the day comes around, the stores bring out some pretty good flavors, rrrribbit." Tsu said as she put the lid over the box and put it back in her inventory.

Tsu noticed as they walked on that the shade from the trees was making the jungle slightly darker now, that and the time passing a little bit added to the darkness. Pinball asked what floor her restaurant was gonna be on, and what she was going to call it. "I'm thinking of opening on Floor 10, it's just my favorite floor, ribbit. As for a name, I was thinking of either McDonald's or McFroppy's. I'm not too good with names either, I just wanted something McDonald's themed restaurant, rrrrrrrrrrribbit." Tsu answered, laughing a little bit about the name.

Spoiler

ID: 94678 LD: 12 (Failure)

1 Mat Total

@Pinball

Edited by Froppy

Pinball stopped, a snort becoming a laugh. "Mc... McFroppy's?" Pinball was hysterical, leaning on a tree for support. "You- you're serious?" Pinball doubled over, using his spear from keeping him from falling over. "That's... that's golden." Tears rushed down his face, highlighting the exaggeration of emotions in SAO's systems. It must have mistaken his laughter for panic, or fear, or something of the like. When he finally came to, tears dripping down his face, he let out a breath. "Wow. That's... that's amazing." Only then did it occur to the boy that he had only just met this person, and such an honest reaction wasn't really acceptable behaviour. He wiped his face, his face turning bright red. "S-sorry about that," he stammered, gripping his spear uncomfortably. He sped up, walking a bit ahead of Froppy. "That was... that was really weird, man," he mumbled to himself, stopping to pick up a material. 

Spoiler

ID# 94684 

LD: 20 

Total T1 Mats: 2

Edited by Pinball

Tsu blushed a little bit when Pinball asked if she was serious about calling it McFroppy's. He had burst into laughter, but he was crying too. "It's a pretty funnt name isn't it, ribbit." Tsu said, laughing a little bit herself as she watched Pinball use his spear to keep himself balanced. Then Pinball said it was amazing, and Tsu was completely confused at this. He apologized, and then kept on walking a little bit faster. "It's fine, no need to apologize, ribbit. You're the person to not call it stupid. But I'll opening up for business around tomorrow or the day after, so stop by if you want, ribbit." Tsu said, patting Pinball on the shoulder briefly, before picking up another material off the ground. The further they walked, the more materials showed up it seemed, easy as that.

ID: 94780 LD: 20 (Success)

2 Mats Total

@Pinball

Edited by Froppy

Pinball nodded, smiling. "I'll definitely stop by when I can. I'll probably order something, too." Pinball gave the ground a look as he walked, but found nothing. With a frown, Pinball put a hand in his pocket. He'd get luckier eventually. It wasn't as if he hadn't gathered anything. He started to whistle, his spear hitting the ground with every two of his steps. Pinball gave Froppy a look, then went back to focusing on the walk. He wasn't sure of what to say, though he did know that gathering expeditions were notorious for being boring. "So, uhh... You have- what's your equipment like? Your weapons and armor and stuff. Anything special?" Pinball stuttered incomprehensibly, then finally corrected himself and followed up with, "Yeah, so, like, what's your plan? Build-wise? Got any big plans?" He looked away, giving the sky another look. The jungle wasn't exactly the place for that.

Gathering:

Spoiler

ID# 94879

LD: 5+3=8 (fail) 

Nothing gathered. 

Edited by Pinball

Tsu nodded when Pinball said that he would stop by and order something sometime when McFroppy's opened. "Thanks, ribbit. I don't know how well McFroppy's will be able to do with all of the other higher ranked cooks around to choose from. I'm trying to keep my prices a little low to attract more business, ribbit.Tsu thanked, a little bit of doubt in her voice, a bit unsure if her business would actually succeed. As much as she wanted it to, the other cooks hurt her chances a lot.

Tsu looked around, still finding nothing worth grabbing. This part of the jungle just had almost no materials. Pin asked what kind of build Tsu was going for, and she pondered on it for a second. "I'm going for a support build, ribbit. I don't have anything special. I just want to heal people mainly, ribbit.Tsu answered, rubbing the back of her head and chuckling a little bit.  Tsu noticed how much Pin was stuttering and how nervous he was, so she decided to do something about. Tsu walked behind Pin and hopped onto his back, and latched on, wrapping her arms around his chest. "I can tell how nervous you are, ribbit. In my family, we latch onto the backs of people to soothe them, ribbit.Tsu explained, clinging to Pin tightly.

ID: 94884 LD: 11 (Failure)

2 Mats Total

@Pinball

Edited by Froppy

Pinball shrugged. "I wouldn't worry about it too much - I'm probably going to retire, too, so that's one less vendor you gotta worry about." Pinball nodded. Another support player. That's good. There was a bit of a shortage of support players, and now Pinball knew of two newer people aiming to be just that. Pinball respected a build like that. Nobody ever really wanted to play the healer in an MMO

He looked around as he walked, but found nothing. It was disappointing to be sure, but it wasn't something he could help. Maybe a little further? Something heavy latched onto his back. A monster?! Pinball panicked, spinning around, trying to fling the monster off of him. Then he heard Tsu's voice. "Oh," he stopped, suddenly a lot more calm. "Wait, no!" The boy's face went bright red, and he panicked once more, not sure what to do. He cast a glance over his shoulder, saw Froppy, then quickly averted his eyes. "W-what are you doing?" Pinball rubbed his face, trying to think. He couldn't. S-soothing? What kind of family did she grow up in?

Gathering: 

Spoiler

ID# 94892

LD: 10+3= 13 (Failure) 

Nothing found. 

Total T1 Mats: 2

@Froppy

Edited by Pinball

Tsu continued to stay latched onto Pin's back, not letting go. It was her first time trying this on someone, and it seemed to work at first, with Pin calming down a little bit. But then he turned and saw Tsu on his back, which he apparently didn't like very much. He asked what she was doing, and Tsu moved her head to the side a little to see his face better. It had gotten a bit red. "I'm just trying to calm you down, ribbit. Usually the males are supposed to be on top of the females, but I wanted to try it on you, ribbit. I'm not sure how it's soothing, but it's how my parents fell in love, so it has to be a least a little relaxing, rrrrrrrribbit.Tsu said, wrapping her legs around Pin's to make sure she wouldn't fall off of him. Looking around from Pin's back, Tsu couldn't see any materials worth picking up at all. They both had found 2 already, which wasn't a lot. "How much deeper do you think we'll have to go before we actually find anymore materials, rrrrrribbit?" Tsu asked, looking in the direction they had been walking.

ID: 94973 LD: 13 (Failure)

2 Mats Total

@Pinball

Edited by Froppy

Pinball was caught in unfamiliar waters. He had no idea what was happening, and no idea how to get out of the situation. I'm just trying to calm you down, ribbit. Usually the males are supposed to be on top of the females, but I wanted to try it on you, ribbit. I'm not sure how it's soothing, but it's how my parents fell in love, so it has to be a least a little relaxing, rrrrrrrribbit." 

Pinball froze. The... males? Fell in love? It took him a second to piece together the meaning of that. "Y-yeah, I think that's enough of that," he stammered, his face completely red. "This- this isn't! We can't - Let's..." He crouched low to the ground to let Froppy get off safely. He had seen enough lizards over the summer to know what she meant by that. And her whole frog thing... Pinball shivered, a fresh wave of heat washing over his face, making his already red face even brighter. "P-p-please, I - I'm feeling much better, thank you." Pinball nodded frantically, panicking. "Thank you, thank you, very soothing, very soothing." Pinball slapped his cheek with his free hand. He had no idea how to react, and it was very obvious. "I'm sorry," he would repeat multiple times. 

---------------------------

Gathering: 

ID# 95068 LD: 7 

No T1 Materials gathered. 

Loot: 

• 2 T1 Mats
Edited by Pinball

Tsu had been trying to hide it, but she knew the whole process she was doing wasn't working. It seemed to make the whole situation worse. Instead of soothing Pin, she ended making him feel even worse. A few tears started to form in her eyes as she got off of Pin's back. Once again, she had wrecked a normal situation by trying to help. "I'm sorry, ribbit. I can clearly see that the whole thing has made this worse. Don't lie and tell me it was soothing, ribbit. Your face is redder than a tomato. I was just being stupid again, ribbit." Tsu said, walking a little bit ahead of Pinball as she started to cry. Tsu tried to hold her tears in, trying to keep this whole thing from being any more awkward. There weren't even any materials around either. They had been walking for a while now, as Tsu looked up to see that the sun had set and it was now night time. "Pin, I bother you don't I? You haven't said it yet like the others, but I can tell I weird you out or I bother you, rrrribbit. People make so many frog puns about me. I hate it, ribbit. It's a thing in my family, but I got it the worst. Some gene ended up giving us longer tongues than most people, ribbit." Tsu said, sticking her tongue all the way out of her mouth, it going about 5 inches outwards. "Because of my long tongue, it cuts off some of the room in my throat, ribbit. If I don't ribbit, then I end up choking. It's so unfair, ribbit. You might have thought I was roleplaying or something, but I'm not. I'm just some frog freak, rrrrrrrribbit." Tsu said, crying even more, hiding her face in her hands now.

ID: 95069 LD: 11 (Failure)

2 T1 Mats Total

@Pinball

Edited by Froppy