{F6-PP} Gathering Is Boring <<COMPLETE>>

She's... she's crying? Pinball stood there, watching the girl cry. Then, he whirled around, looking for something. A faint shine caught his eye, and he rushed over, talking to her as he worked. "N-no! You don't bother me at all. I don't find it weird, either," he replied, yanking the material from the ground, placing it in his inventory. "I've done some pretty weird things too, so I don't really mind-" Pinball paused for a breath, very gently removing the flower from moist forest floor. "It's just what makes people different. I - and I know words don't help, but -" Pinball walked back over to the girl, leaving his spear on the ground. "I actually like different, so please don't cry." He held out the flower to her, a worried look on his face. "Here. I don't mind," he repeated, a small smile on his face. The light pink flower seemed to glow in the moonlight, looking more like something out of a fantasy anime than a real jungle. He looked at the flower, than at her, his face reddening once again. "I - I don't really know how this grows here," he mumbled, scratching his head with his free hand. 

@Froppy

-------------------------------

ID# 95127 

LD: 15 

3 T1 Mats total 

Edited by Pinball
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tsu stopped crying when Pin told her that he didn't mind or find it weird. Tsu turned back to face him, wiping away her tears and smiling softly. This was a first. "You really think so, ribbit? I don't know what to say. I get made fun of so often, I never expect anyone to actually be okay with me. Thanks, ribbit." Tsu thanked, letting her tongue hang out now, no longer wanting to hide it. Even though Tsu had just been crying, Pin still looked redder than her, making her giggle a little bit.

Tsu looked around and picked up a flower too, after seeing how pretty the one Pin grabbed was. Her flower gave off a greenish glow to it as she held it out to Pin. Tsu looked up at the moon and the dark sky and sighed. "Wow, it's gotten pretty late, ribbit. I don't think we'll be able to make it back to town at this hour. Do you want to just find a clearing and camp out here, ribbit? We could see the stars pretty well out here. Thanks for the flower by the way, ribbit." Tsu asked, taking the pink flower from Pin and handing him her green flower. She put the pink flower in her hair and smiled at Pin, her tongue hanging out to the side. Tsu looked around, then looked in the direction ahead of them, spotting a gap in the trees. "There is probably a good clear spot over there, ribbit. We should hurry if we want to get there before it gets any later, ribbit." Tsu said, walking forward, starting to skip a little bit.

@Pinball

ID: 95139

LD: 17

3 T1 Mats Total

Edited by Froppy

Pinball accepted Tsu's flower, letting out a sigh as she skipped along. Well, that was... easy. I'm glad she isn't crying anymore, at least. Pinball stood, putting the flower in the folds of his cloak, following Tsu. It had gotten really dark, and Pinball scolded himself for not keeping track of the time. It was a stupid thing to do. The two of them arrived in the clearing, and Pinball took a quick glance around the clearing... something caught his eye. "Oh!" Pinball jogged over to where he saw a small plant glowing, tapped it, and placed it into his inventory. The menu is super convenient, he would think not for the last time. He had yet to find an MMO where a player had to physically carry their inventory on their person. As interesting as it would be, it wasn't practical in games where you had to grind a lot. SAO being one of those games. "Yeah, we should find some stuff around here. I already found one." Pinball walked back to the center of the clearing, stopped, and took a look at the sky - or what could be seen of the sky through the dense jungle. 

ID# 95207 

LD: 14+3 = 17 

4 T1 Mats total 

Edited by Pinball

Tsu walked around the clearing looking for something that could be usable. She hopped onto a tree branch and found a peach. But upon closer inspection, it was easy to tell that it had been gotten to by some bugs and was pretty much worthless. "I found something too, but the bugs got to it first, ribbit. Most of the fruit here is infested or it is already rotten. I'll be sticking to plants, ribbit." Tsu said as she hopped back down from the tree and walked over to where Pin was looking. She looked up at the sky and then checked the in-game time. It was now 9:30 at night. "I say we have a good amount of time before we have to get some rest, ribbit." Tsu said as she gazed at the stars in the sky. From this clearing, there was only a little bit that she could see. But the moon looked nice from any angle. "So, anything you want to talk about, ribbit?" Tsu asked as she walked back over to the center of the clearing where Pin had gone to.

ID: 95223 LD: 13 (Failure)

3 T1 Mats Total

@Pinball

Edited by Froppy

Pinball heard Froppy talking, but didn't answer. It wouldn't really matter much anyways, and it didn't really require a response. Instead, Pinball stood in the middle of the clearing, his head locked in the sky. He heard the trees rustle as Froppy hopped down from the tree, walking over to where Pinball stood. He didn't mind, though it made him a bit uncomfortable, so he took a small step to the side, hoping the girl didn't notice. He looked back down to the girl, checking the time before she told him they had a bit of time left. It was already 9:30! Jesus, he thought, I gotta pay attention to what time I leave. Night can be dangerous. "Yeah," he replied simply, "but we should probably head back soon. It's getting late." He shrugged, not knowing what else to say. She was probably getting bored, as Pinball was as well. "Sorry, I've got nothing." Pinball knew he wasn't the most interesting person, and convnersation topics wouldn't come easy for him. 

----------------

ID# 95353

LD: 4 

Nothing Found. 

4 T1 Mats total 

Edited by Pinball

Tsu looked around the ground near some of the trees after looking at the stars for a few seconds. She found a small herb, and plucked it out of the ground. "I could probably use these to make some salads, ribbit." Tsu said to herself as she put the herb away and walked back over to where Pin was standing and looked back up at the stars. Tsu couldn't recognize any of the constellations, so she figured that SAO itself had it's own star patterns, at least for this floor. A nice little touch to detail. Most other games just have a jumble of dots for stars.

Tsu listened to Pin say that it was getting late and that they should head back soon. "Well, I was thinking that maybe we could camp out here under the stars, ribbit. I have some sleeping bags with me, and this clearing seems monster free, ribbit. We could set up a small fire and we'll be fine. So, what do you say, rrrrrrrrribbit?Tsu asked, opening her inventory and getting out two sleeping bags, a green one and a black one. There wasn't really too big of a risk of sleeping out here, it was safer than heading back to town in the dark for sure.

ID: 95395 LD: 16 (Success)

4 T1 Mats Total

@Pinball

Edited by Froppy

Pinball watched the sky a bit more before returning to his search. As Froppy talked, Pinball found another stray material in the clearing. He tapped it once, and put it into his inventory. That makes five, he noted, turning his attention back to Froppy. She had pulled out sleeping bags, explaining that it'd be better to camp out here than to head back to the first floor. He considered this. Well, I guess it couldn't hurt. It'd take a while to both get to the nearest town, and to try and walk back to the starting settlement... He shrugged, a bit nervous. He hadn't slept outside of the safe zone his entire time in Aincrad. "I... sure, I guess." Pinball took a seat, swiping open his menu. He hadn't come with any camping gear of his own, so he wasn't quite sure how they would get the needed stuff, but he did have a couple of old sandwiches he made a while back. Saying nothing of how old they were, as he wasn't sure SAO even had much of an expiry date on food, Pinball offered one to Froppy. The sandwich was wrapped in a thin paper, and he didn't quite remember what he had put on it. "Want one?"

-------------

Gathering: 

ID# 95488

LD:12 +3 = 15 (Success) 

1 T1 Mat found 

5 T1 Mats total 

Edited by Pinball

Tsu got a smile on her face when Pin agreed to camp out here with her.  She tossed him the black sleeping bag before laying down the green one on the ground. Tsu ran up to the one of trees on leapt onto one of the branches, plucking a good amount of the weaker branches off of the tree, enough to keep a fire going for a few hours. There was nothing that was worth gathering material wise but the branches were good enough for a fire. Tsu hopped back down from the branch and ran back over to where Pin was. She dumped the sticks down in a pile a good 4 feet away from them before rubbing two of the sticks together. Once she made a spark and the branches caught on fire, Tsu put them down and watched as the pile set on fire. Tsu looked over to Pin as he offered her a sandwich, and she took if from him, nodding her head when asked if she wanted one. "Thanks, usually I'm the one making the sandwiches, ribbit.Tsu thanked, before taking a bite of her sandwich and holding her hand out in front of the fire to keep warm.

ID: 95523 LD: 2

4 T1 Mats Total

@Pinball

Edited by Froppy

Pinball didn't bother looking for any materials. Instead, he accepted the black sleeping bag from Froppy, watched her build the fire, and munched on his sandwich. Why had he put tomato on it? Gross. He shrugged, crumbling up the wrapper. The item shattered into crystals between his hands, and he clapped them together, as if to wipe off anything stuck to them. He then silently slipped into his bag without removing his armor, zipping the bag up all the way. If a monster ambushed them, he would fight like a real man. In a potato sack. He took his spear and lay it carefully next to him, though a two handed weapon wouldn't do him much good when he was lying down. He was about to say something, but shut his mouth instead. It would just make the situation more awkward. He shook his head, pushing himself out of the sleeping bag. He wasn't tired, not yet. He watched Tsu for a moment, then scratched at his neck. "I'm going to keep a watch for a bit before sleeping. Just to make sure nothing spawns around here." He didn't even mention the other, more dangerous threat of being caught outside of a safe zone.

Tsu decided that she had done enough gathering for today and crawled into her sleeping, moving herself a little bit closer to the fire to get a little bit warmer. Tsu finished up her sandwich and crumbled up the wrapper, letting it shatter into a bunch of crystals the same way Pin's did. The sandwich tasted okay to Tsu, the tomato wasn't exactly the best. It was still fine, she had worse. Tsu laid down on her side and faced Pin, just keeping an eye on him. 

Tsu was about to ask him something, but a fly started to buzz around her. Instead of just trying to swat at it, Tsu caught it with her tongue, dropped it onto the ground and then crushed eith her hand, making it shatter into crystals. Looking back at Pin, Tsu let out a small nervous chuckle. "Sorry about that. It's just how I deal with flies and other pests like those, rrrrrrribbit." Tsu apologized, scratching the back of her head. "Anyway, I have a question for you. What do you do for fun in this world?" Tsu asked, putting one finger to her cheek.

The fisherman watched with a smile on his face as Tsu dealt with a fly. That's... certainly a unique way of dealing with thathe thought sheepishly, deciding to act like it hadn't happened. Usually, he would have made a joke, but he didn't want to make her cry. Pinball shrugged, leaning back into his sleeping bag, suddenly feeling tired besides his decision to keep a watch. "I don't know, really," he murmured, zipping the sleeping bag all the way up. He had to bend his knees a bit to fit his whole body into the bag. "I guess I fish, normally. But that's really not fun, honestly. It's just another way to help me level up." What did he do for fun? "I keep a journal," he said suddenly, swiping open his menu and materializing a small leather book. "But, again, that really wouldn't be fun for most people." He laughed, placing the journal back into his inventory. "If you're asking because you're bored, you're talking to the wrong person. I'm pretty boring.

Tsu found it funny that Pin didn't really know what he did for fun. Thinking about it, Tsu didn't really know what she did for fun either. At first Pin said that he fished for fun, then changed his answer to keeping a journal. "I should probably keep a journal myself, ribbit. I don't really know what I do for fun either. Keeping a journal would help me stay sane in this game too, it gives you something to vent your feelings in, rrrrrribbit.Tsu said, looking up at the stars. There was still no recognizable constellations in the stars, but the stars were still pretty to look at. Pin had told her that he was pretty boring and Tsu giggled. "Don't say that, you're not boring, ribbit. I don't know if you noticed, but you're a funny guy. Just fun to listen to, rrrrrribbit.Tsu told him, laughing a little bit more as she started to close her eyes, letting her tongue hang out again to make to sure not choke on it in sleep.

"Yeah, it's a good place to... vent," he agreed nervously, his face brightening a shade. He shook his head, sitting up in his bag. He looked over to Froppy, who seemed to be getting ready to sleep. He let his mind empty itself, staring at the fire. He thought about everything, and nothing at all. Is this a weird thing? He had only just met this player, and she seemed terribly friendly. One part of him took it for a facade. Maybe she was only acting a certain way. But what would she be hiding? He didn't want to know... though she seemed too genuine to him. Honest kindness was a foreign concept to Pinball, and he had a hard time wrapping his head around it. The cynical part of him pressured him into believing that people were only kind for something they wanted, even if it wasn't obvious to them. But if this was the rare occasion where someone was actually a nice person - he couldn't bear to think what people would do to her. This game were filled with manipulative people, all fighting over fresh, exploitable players. Pinball was one who valued independence, and he really didn't want to see her end up as a pawn to some terrible person. But that raised another question. Why should he care? This bothered him a great deal. "Why?" he murmured to himself, turning over in his sleeping bag. After a while, he managed to fall asleep.. 

Tsu couldn't help but smile seeing Pin's brighten a shade again. It was just a funny thing to see. His nervousness was entertaining to observe. Unlike some nervous people who just sputter out words uncontrollably out of anxiousness or the people who can't look at the eyes of anyone, Pin only let his nervous get the better of him slightly. Granted, she just met him, so he could be more nervous than he was, or he is actually more calm, and Tsu just made him nervous. After hearing him say that journals were good places to vent, Tsu decided the she was going to keep her own journal as well in the future. Tsu was about to say something to him, but he had closed his eyes and fell asleep already. "Good night Pin, ribbit.Tsu said before closing her eyes as well and falling asleep after a few minutes.

Pinball slept through the night, awakening with a start. Grass stuck to his face, Pinball licked his lips. "There's better places to take a nap, you know," he mumbled absent mindedly, still very groggy. He yawned. "But - what are we gonna do for 'em?" His voice dissolved into incoherent mutterings and curses. He crouched in front of the fire that had long gone out by now, and poked a piece of wood. He looked around them. "Damn," he muttered, wary of the sleeping frog, "Smokey would kill us." He shrugged, stood, and walked to the opposite side of the clearing, taking a quick stretch. The sun was only just rising, and the time was 6:58 AM. It was way earlier than Pinball usually got up for sure, but he was just happy he had woken up alive. He was stupid for letting his guard down all night, especially out of a safe zone. If they hadn't found a relatively hidden clearing, there was no telling what people would do, especially if they learned about his spear. Unique enhancements are really rare, he told himself again, still surprised he had been lucky enough to win a Christmas raffle. It was too bad the only way to get rid of it was by dying, though. He let out another yawn, and took a seat in the grass, leaning against a tree. He'd take a quick nap until Froppy woke up. 

Tsu had slept through the night peacefully, getting a good amount of rest. Like Pin, she had gotten up more earlier than she usually did. The fire had gone out, but none of the woods around them had caught on fire, so that was nice. Looking at her in game clock after waking up, it was 7:12 in the morning. Pin was already awake it looked like, and Tsu jumped a little bit seeing him, her vision still blurred a little bit after waking up and confusing him for someone else. "Oh, it's just you Pin, ribbit. I thought you were someone else. Well, good morning, hope you slept well, rrrrrrrrribbit.Tsu said as she got out of her sleeping bag and put it back in her inventory.

Tsu did a few stretches after standing up, looking up at the sky through the clearing. Tsu held out his hand to Pin to help him up off the ground from where he was sitting with a small smile. "Did you dream about anything last night, rrrrrribbit?" Tsu asked, looking down at him.

He had only just gotten comfortable, closing his eyes, when Froppy woke up. He smiled, despite himself. There was something nice about waking up to a friendly face. He blushed again, and not for the last time. "Good morning," he said coolly, trying to draw attention away from his red face. She asked him if he had dreamed about anything last night. Only about you, sweetheartAt that, Pinball started laughing hysterically. He was so tempted to say it. That's the kind of shock humor that pushes people awayhe realized, and he immediately calmed down. In fact, he was a bit moody now. Either way, he forced a grin, waving a hand as if to dismiss his little outburst of laughter. "Nah, nothing much," he replied, pushing himself off the ground. He walked over to his sleeping bag, rolling it up. "For convenience," he explained, handing the roll to Froppy. He wouldn't want them spawning in at full length; a rolled bag was much more easy to deal with. "Thanks for letting me borrow one," he nodded, taking a few steps back. His stomach growled. "Are you hungry? I don't have hot breakfast with me, but there aren't any parents here to stop us from eating sweets." It was meant jokingly, but at the same time he wasn't. He had a tiny bit of a sweet tooth.

Tsu was confused by the way that Pin suddenly burst into laughter, his face a little bit red as well. He had stopped after a few seconds, which left Tsu even more confused. It must have been a funny dream if he's laughing that much. Tsu was a bit skeptical when Pin told her that it was nothing much. "Really? You were laughing a ton. But I won't pry into it, rrribbit.Tsu said as she took the sleeping bag that Pin rolled up for her. She gave him a quick thumbs up and then put the roll into her inventory. "You're welcome, and thanks for rolling it up for me, ribbit.Tsu thanked as she looked around the clearing. Pin asked if she was hungry, but said that he didn't have any hot breakfast. "Umm, I'm not exactly hungry yet. We could grab a bite to eat at your place or McFroppy's, ribbit. I think the NPCs I had working on my shop should have finished making it by now, rrrrrrribbit.Tsu offered, starting to walk back in the direction they came.

Pinball stopped what he was doing. A cookie plopped into his hand, but he ended up staring at it when Froppy suggested their breakfast options. Of course, he thought. "Of course," he said. Disappointed, he tossed the cookie deep into the woods, opposite of the way they were walking. "Goodbye, sweet prince." He jogged to catch up to Froppy. "So, uhh. Where are we headed?" The idea of a hot breakfast appealed to him, but the walk back to town didn't. They were quite a bit away from their starting point, and Pinball wasn't sure he'd be able to hang on that long. However, the idea of a hot breakfast appealed to him. He suddenly started walking a bit faster. The type of walk you'd see people doing in the bike lane at a beach. "Let's hop to it, then!" he said excitedly, heading in the direction of the town. He was in the mood for pancakes. Did SAO even have pancakes? 

Tsu laughed a little bit when Pin tossed the cookie he had just gotten out behind him, saying goodbye to it and calling it a sweet prince. "You could have just eaten it while we were walking, ribbit.Tsu told him, giggling a little bit more as she saw him jog to catch up to her. He asked where they were headed, and Tsu already preferred to head over to McFroppy's. "We can head to my shop, since I actually serve breakfast there, ribbit. Anything you would normally find at a McDonald's, ribbit.Tsu answered, picturing the food in her head. Her stomach growled after saying that, which made her giggle a little bit more. Then Pin said that they should hop to it then, and Tsu took that as another frog pun. "I'll hop to it then, ribbit!" Tsu said enthusiastically as she started to run, and then leaped over Pin's head, landing in front of him and running in front of him. "Last one there's a salted frog, ribbit!" Tsu called out as she continued to run through the jungle.