[PP - F1] Plant Control << Secret Medicine of the Forest >>

Kairi in her Battle Princess had thought about Hestia for a minute after the relationship had ended while sitting on one of the benches of the first floor, with both of her hands on her cheeks, she had told her it was okay and that there was nothing wrong, however deep inside she had began to wonder if things truly was her fault... if she could had done anything to change the result or how it had ended or to see if it was possible to fix anything. She had sighed as she had looked down to her Treasure Chest that was secretly her familiar. She had sighed thinking about things more, she had wanted her to go out and meet other people, however she had failed to do so, and she had mostly just gone out and done stuff on her loansome. However there was no need to be upset about things forever, she had opened her messages to see the message she had gotten from Jomei and sent a message to one of the members she had quiet not met yet:

To: @Kimi

Hey, its Kairi. You haven't met me yet, and I was wondering if you had wanted to do a quest with me today? I need to get my mind off of things. We can do Secret Medicine of the Forest together.

Kimi was on the first floor in the town of beginnings looking through the markets for something delicious to eat when she heard a blip come into her menu. "huh? wonder whom the message is from." She thought to herself as she stopped herself looking at some cakes. "Ohh its Kairi?" Kimi said in surprise. Kimi tried to remember where she saw that name before, but she couldn't put her finger on it. A few minutes passed by, but she eventually found out where she remember the name from. "Ohh right i remember seeing her name in the guild roster. Hmm... I never had the chance to meet her. So guess now is the best time to do it. Especially since there's a quest that she wants to do." Kimi said to herself. Kimi sent a message to Kairi soon after finding out they were part of the same guild.

Spoiler

To: @Kairi

Hey there. Yeah we haven't met yet, but i see you're part of HDA too. I'll help get your mind off things just tell me where to meet you so we can start the quest.

After she had sent the message she had just went back to thinking, however a man had come up to her and asked "Are you alright? Do you need some sort of key to open the Chest you had found." Kairi had sighed and reached down to open its mouth to reveal that it was a mimic and it was her familiar. The man instantly got creeped out and said "O-oh... its not every day you see a Mimic familiar, ill-ill just leave." she had nervously laughed. After he had left, Kairi had recieved a message back from Kimi saying that she could help her get her mind off things, Kairi had minorly smiled and pressed reply:

To: @Kimi

Thank you, I am typically more upbeat and cute, but today I just need to get my mind off of things is all. I am in the First Floor in the town of beginnings sitting on a bench, ill send you coordinates to my location. Look for a cute girl with a chest.

After she had sent the message, she had then looked down to her familiar that appeared to be a Treasure Chest and then thought back to her message and then shook her head in embarrassment. 

@Kimi

Kimi received a message fairly quickly and was surprised that both of them were already on the first floor. This made it easier to get to her and also having her coordinates gave her a sense of direction in this maze of a town. It was slightly difficult for Kimi to get going however as she was constantly being drawn away from her path as she moved towards where there were sweets. Eventually she managed to steel herself from the temptations and made her way to Kairi. It wasn't too long until she made it to the benches and saw her guild made. Kimi gave a small shy wave as she really wasn't to sure how Kairi looked like, but she went ahead and tried to greet the girl who was on the bench. "Hey hows it going!" Kimi said with a very heart-warming smile. Kimi paused for a bit and said, "You don't happen to be Kairi do you?"

Kairi had sighed as she had waited for the woman she had never met before meet before her, with hands on her cheeks and her elbows on her knees she had looked down to her familiar Karona and had thought of the situation that had happened, she never wanted things to end this way however she was lost trying to think of what to do from here, lost in thoughts not with a person to honestly talk to. It had bothered her a little bit, she had opened her friends list and saw it to be abysmally low, with a lack of literally anyone that could potentially talk to her, she had closed her menu's and looked back up waiting patiently. However after a moment a woman with red and black hair came up to her with a warm smile, Kairi had smiled back and said "The one and only~" she had giggled before standing up and offering a hand to shake in from of Kimi as a introduction, her familiar Karona still on the ground and appearing to be just a regular treasure chest not making a single movement.

@Kimi

"Great! Its nice to finally meet you. My names Kimi though you already know that, just thought it would be nice to introduce myself properly." Kimi said as she shook Kairi's hand. Kimi got a good look at her, they were about the same height, but one aspect really stood out and Kimi couldn't help glancing down at herself. "Talk about well endowed." Kimi thought to herself giving a half smile. Kimi really didn't care too much for appearance, but still it caught her attention. While giving Kairi a once over, Kimi noticed a treasure box next to her. "Whats with the treasure chest? Do you carry that around with you?" Kimi asked raising an eyebrow out of curiosity. "Most things can just be put in your inventory you know that right?" Right about when Kimi said that she noticed something was a bit off with the box. It was as if it was breathing, which made Kimi slightly uncomfortable and back off a bit.

Kairi had looked up slightly to Kimi as she was only slightly taller than her and said that her name was Kimi, but she knew that it would just be nice to introduce herself properly, Kairi had giggled and said "Well, I appreciate the thought, that being said I am Kairi." she had said with a bright smile. However after a moment she had stood there as she had taken a moment to get a good look at Kairi, Kairi giggled and did a small twirl. However eventually she had asked about the treasure chest, asking if she had carried it with her, and it could just go into her inventory. Kairi had looked over and snapped her fingers together, after a moment, the box had two large tooths come from the corners of the chest and made a sound as if swords were removed from its sheath. Then its metallic legs had grew larger, and the chest had opened with a large tongue shooting out of the chest as it had let out a "Blargh!" sound as it scuttled behind Kairi then over to Kimi leaning downwards sniffing her leg.

@Kimi

Once Kairi snapped her fingers and the treasure chest turned into a mimic Kimi back offed a bit. Kimi's experiences weren't great and she had a bit of mixed feelings seeing one again. She let down the feeling and went ahead to let the mimc sniff her leg. "Didn't think it was possible to get a mimic as a familiar." Kimi said slightly nervously as it continued to go around her legs. "It certainly is an interesting choice of familiar." Kimi continued. As she said that Noodle came up from behind Kimi and started to also sniff at the mimic that was around her. "Whats its name?" Kimi asked as she used Noodle as a distraction to back off a bit from the mimic. Noodle kept sniffing away at the mimic for a bit before going on to Kairi to do the same. "Sorry about Noodle hes naturally curious. Hes a cute little shark doggo isn't he." Kimi said with a bright smile as she went forward to pick him up. 

Karona had gotten the scent of Kimi into its system, however he had smelled another scent from behind the player. Kairi had smiled a little bit and she had said "Yeah, I didn't think it would be possible to get a mimic as a familiar either, it just happened." she had looked down to see that Karona and shifted its body towards her own familiar, which Kairi had seen it to be a Shark... dog? Guess this is what Hestia had been talking about it would have seem. Kairi had looked back up to Kimi and with a smile she had said to her "Oh his name is Karona." then she had heard what she had said about her own familiar, Kairi would typically want to pet this familiar or pick him up something, however... she had just put on a smile and said to her "Yeah, I suppose hes quite a cute doggo." however after a moment Karona had scuttled a little bit towards Noodle, and with one movement had licked Noodle then had began to pant.

@Kimi

"Well its nice that they could meet. Anyways how about lets get going. The quest won't do itself now will it." Kimi said with a kind smile. Kimi looked down at Kairi's mimic and said, "Hello there Karona hope you will be a good mimic now." She said reaching down to pat Karona. Kimi went on to double check her equipment and inventory to make sure everything was ready and set. Soon after Kimi said, "So i actually don't really know where the place is so if you can show it to me that would be great. I'll just follow you if you don't mind." Kimi said grazing the back of her neck with her hand. Kimi looked around the area they were at and it seemed like today was a slow day. She kinda hoped that it wouldn't be the same for them as Kimi wants to rush these quests as soon as possible.

Kairi had let out a small giggle as she had said to Kimi with a bit of a cheerful tone "No, I don't suppose that it would." she had watched Kimi looking down to Karona after he had licked Noodle, then had said that she would hope for him to be a good mimic, Karona had felt a tap on its shell, it had moved its body and shifted its body upwards and gave Kimi a lick on her face after her pat. Then afterwards, she had confessed that she didn't know where the place was, and if she could lead the way it would be great. Kairi had smiled and said "I only know a small amount of where to go, hopefully it would be enough." she had giggled slightly. Then she had began to walk forward, however eventually as they had walked Kairi had spoke out "So... I wanted to get my mind off of things, however there had been some things that had happened and I have been... well, rather depressed lately. So much so... that..." she had taken a deep breath as she had let out a confession she was disappointed about "I've tried to kill myself.."

@Kimi

Kimi was stuck in silence as she wasn't too sure what to say after hearing what Kairi said. She looked down at the ground for a bit and thought to herself that it wasn't too uncommon that people would give up on life in this game, but she didn't think that would be among the people she wanted to get to know. "Why would you want that?" Kimi said with a very concerning look. Kimi offered to give Noodle to her for petting purposes, "Here pet Noodle for a bit, It always helps me get by depressing times. Especially with how cute he can be. You can go ahead and feed him, his favorite snack is cookie." Kimi gave Kairi a cookie for noodle then paused for a moment before saying, "Do you wish to talk about it? Or would you rather forget the whole things?" Kimi rubbed the back of her neck trying to figure out what to say. 

Kairi wasn't surprised in the slightest when she had confessed that she would have a concerned look and asked why she would ever want to do that, Kairi had looked down a little disappointed by her words she had looked up to Kimi slightly and looked back down "I just... I just been exposed to the harsh reality of the world, I've seen how people can treat me especially with... well..." she had looked at her breasts "You can fill in the gaps." she had taken a few moments to relax after a moment, Kimi had offered to pet noodle, in which Kairi had shook her head and said "No no, thats okay. Just I am exposed to the corrupted minds, and especially those who didn't like my lifestyle, it just... makes me feel worthless." she had confessed. She had continued to lead the way towards the quest though, she had heard if their luck wasn't great that they would be at that location for quiet sometime, but at a good enough level she should be fine.

@Kimi

"Well i'm working on myself to make myself worth something and that is a place to start." Kimi said trying to help. "Honestly i'm not sure what to say. In this game there will be lots of baddies from monsters to people, its just how we handle each one." She wasn't too sure what to say to cheer Kairi up since she hasn't been exposed to many people, but Kimi knew she had to say something. With that said Kimi gestured to go out to do their quest. "Here how about we overkill some of the monsters, maybe that will clear your mind a bit." Kimi said giving a warm smile trying to cheer Kairi up. Kimi waited to see if Kairi was up for clearing her mind a bit before they left, She didn't want her to go forcing herself to do a quest. Kimi put Noodle back on the ground so that he can go roam at his own will.

Kairi had understood what she had meant when she had said to make herself worth something, she had just thought that she had just wanted to grow in levels and be able to carry herself and be able to defend herself... Kairi had wanted to strive for that sort of result, however she had doubted in her ability to do such a thing. However afterwards she hadn't knew what to say about this sort of thing, and just said that it was simply how they handled it, Kairi had looked to her and said "Well I understand what you mean by that, I want to be able to handle things on my own even if things would get extremely sour, but... I just doubt my ability to climb without them also growing much much stronger than me at the same time." she had shared her own concern, however with a smile she had let out a giggle and said to Kimi "Well, hopefully that would be good enough to get my mind off of things... well... at least I hope so." she had looked back to walking.

@Kimi

The duo finally made their way out of the Town of Beginnings and headed towards to where the quest was to be taken. "I don't wanna bring up things you don't want to remember, but i'm going to be honest I'm rather curious to what happen. Well the details at least." Kimi said in a low voice. "You don't have to bring it up if you don't want to, its just me being curious." She said once more being a bit more cautious. Kimi paused for a while as they walked towards the forest so that Kairi could gather her thoughts on the subject. While that was going on Kimi tried to lighten the mood by say, "Well.. other than that what have you been up to as of late? Hestia mentioned you when we had a few quests together." During the conversation Kimi was giving warm welcoming tones in her voice.

Kairi had looked over when she had asked what had happened, Kairi had let out a sigh and said "Well, a while ago when me and Hestia was still together, a man had came up and continued to try to get me to do favors for him for money, and I am not talking about questing... I am talking about... well..." she had rubbed the back of her head trying to think of the word, however at this point Kimi must've gotten the point, Kairi had just said out "I'm sure you know what, but after a bit he had told me he'd be back, and when I had done questing with someone else... well, I didn't want it to end a certain way... but the person I was with, well... he killed him." she had said with a bit of a upset voice, she never wanted it to end that way, however she has supposed that it stops him from harming anyone ever again. Taking in a deep breath hearing her question she had said to her "Just been re-evaluating my life, my lifestyle, and just how I am going to grow in this game." she reported to her answering her question.

@Kimi

Kimi paused for a moment to take in what Kairi just said. She was lost for a bit but understood what she was talking about. The duo walked in silence towards the quest area already entering the forest. Kimi walked a little while in silence gathering her thoughts to how to respond to Kairi. "I'm not really sure what to say honestly, but you have the guild to talk to if need be." Kimi said trying to be more comforting. Thought Kimi worried all the time about people she cared about cheering people up wasn't her strong suit since she spent most of her life separated from friends and was taken care of by her brothers. Kimi decided to be more honest and just say, "I'm sorry, but whats going on with you i can't help to much. It wasn't really my strong suit to begin with and it sounds heavy what you're going through."

Kairi had knew she had tried to be comforting, however in her mind she didn't think one should ask about the details about what exactly is going on and then go out to say "I don't know what to say", simply put Kairi had frowned and said to her "It's fine lets just move on." she had suggested. Walking through the forest, she had mostly just been thinking about events from the past once more unable to run away from them, however after a bit with a sigh she had just kept her head up and kept her eyes peeled for the quest monsters. However after a moment, she had heard strange sounds in the distance, and saw weird like monsters walk around in the distance, Kairi had moved to her back where her sword was and she had grasped it and pulled it out of its sheath on her back as she had seen a group of them, looking over to Kimi she had said to her "Looks like we've got a fair amount of company on our hands."

@Kimi

-----
Kairi - HP:
400/400 - EN: 40/40
Kimi - HP: ???/??? - EN: ??/??
Nepent 1 - HP: 7/7 - DMG: 3
Nepent 2 - HP: 7/7 - DMG: 3
Nepent 3 - HP: 7/7 - DMG: 3
Nepent 4 - HP: 7/7 - DMG: 3

"Alright lets get this done." Kimi said hyping herself up for the fight. Kimi made her way out in front of Kairi and started to gather energy into her fists. Her fists they glowed with a blue hue as she began running up to the weird looking creatures. Right when she was in close proximity of all four of them she performed her Aggressive Twins sword art and unleashed a flurry of heavy hits onto all of them. Though the hits were intended for all of them on little Nepent managed to dodge her attacks and retaliated, but died in the process because of her thorns enchantment. "Well as expected these guys are weak." Kimi said watching each of them disappear one by one after she finished her onslaught. Right as they all poofed away Kimi heard a rumbling from the ground nearby and two more odd looking version of the Nepents she just slain emerged.

Spoiler

Kairi - HP: 400/400 - EN: 40/40
| Kimi | HP420/420 | E 38/42 | 9 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 18 | 7 Thorns |

Nepent 1: ID#95799  BD: 10  MD: 5
Nepent 2: ID#95800  BD: 1  MD: 7
Nepent 3: ID#95801  BD: 10  MD: 4
Nepent 4: ID#95802  BD: 5+3=8  MD: 3

Nepent 1 - HP: 0/7 - DMG: 3 -22HP
Nepent 2 - HP: 0/7 - DMG: 3 -7Thorns
Nepent 3 - HP: 0/7 - DMG: 3 -22HP
Nepent 4 - HP: 0/7 - DMG: 3 -9HP

Spoiler

Kairi - HP: 400/400 - EN: 40/40
| Kimi | HP420/420 | E 38/42 | 9 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 18 | 7 Thorns |

Nepent Varient 1: 15/15 | Mit 5 | DMG 10
Nepent Varient 2: 15/15 | Mit 5 | DMG 10
Nepent Variant ignores armor mitigation on a natural roll of 10
Drops the quest item <Nepent's Ovule> on an LD roll of 12 or higher, failure will have you fight the normal Nepents again until another Variant spawns. This loot roll must be separate from the attack roll that defeats it. Failure to find the <Nepent's Ovule> will result in the players having to fight the Normal Nepents again, to draw out an additional Variant Nepent.