[SP-F02] <Breaking the Unbreakable> Reinka's first quest <<COMPLETE>>

Reinka sighed; she finally managed to leave the main area. None of the starting weapons or anything seemed to grab her attention. Instead, she got looks and was laughed at by some for picking vanity items instead of something useful, and it was worse now that this was a survival horror game. What a nuisance she thought to herself. She often checked hunting parties and rumor mills. She wanted to adventure outside but weapons fighting wasn't her strong suit, maybe in a game. Oh wait, this was a game. Still, she couldn't get it out of her head how real everything was. The fake sun's rays on her skin, the scent of the flowers, why was it so potent? Had she longed for this kind of escape? In the end, she found herself on floor two of the dungeons looking for some hermit NPC that she got rumors about. Something about learning how to fight with her hands. She had taken classes to defend herself and hoped this would fit her nicely, and maybe she could earn enough cole to buy something less revealing. Eventually, she started to climb up a moment and was lucky enough to find a hut on the ridge. She looked down from where she started. She couldn't even see the bottom anymore. 
Reinka sat down exhausted and called out for the quest giver.

"Hello anyone out there? I'm here for a quest!"

There was no answer for a moment and then an older man walked out to greet her.

"Well hello, there young one. Are you here for some special training."
"Um, yes...I heard you can make my hands weapons, but let me warn you I've been trained already."

The man laughed at her and went back inside. Reinka quickly followed after him to see he was mixing some herbs in a bowl.

"Oh, I drink that to get stronger or something right? Like a juice cleanse. I get it." She smiled happily at him. "I'm used to those too. Is it protein or something?"
"Silly girl." He moved closer and painted lines under her face.
"Oh god, this smells so bad ahhhh! WHY!" her head rolled as her eyes watered at the smell from the blue lines under her eyes.
"Ha, think of it is a beauty tip girl. Now then. You're accepting the quest to show me your prowess and get rid of a rock for me."
"Yeah sure get this stuff off my face."
"Good show then. But you see I would have taken it off if you declined."
"What?!" Reinka screamed in annoyance enough to make the NPC even wince.
"Haha just follow me then girl. I'll take you to the rock."

count without stats 451

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She followed the man to an oversized rock.

"Um, I don't think I can just throw that thing." she pointed out.
"Oh thinking outside the box interesting but no, you see you have to crack this puppy open," he explained.
"What's my motivation for that? I don't understand my role here as an actress sir." She replied less enthused. 
"Your motivation, you came on your own, but I suppose if you need something then it would be to get rid of that heinous smell on your face," he explained. 
"Wait you really mean you won't take this garbage off my face are you kidding me?!"
"Afraid not, well get cracking silly girl." 
"I swear if this ruins my dress, okay step aside sir," she cracked her neck and advanced up towards the boulder. "My motivation is that an old man needs this to be cleared so he has a safe way back down the dangerous cliff, and away from monsters," she stated as she raised her hand in an open palm.
"What are you doing with your hand open? You can't hope to accomplish anything like that." the npc chastized her.
"Ha, you didn't see the role I was in where I had to slap the leading man. He told me it was okay to hit him with all I had and not to apologize. Here goes nothing."

Word count 228

Attack Roll 9 (Pft so I crit with a slap....This is great XD)

Rock 50 - 1 (base) -1 (crit) 48 HP remaining.

(Won't count energy as I'll be using one and just getting it back every turn anyway)

Edited by Reinka

"I'm not sure if I can do that again old man but I'll give it a shot." Reinka smiled. "Don't worry about me I'll have this busted open before nightfall if I hurry."
"That I highly doubt as it's starting to get dark." The npc was less than amused.
"Hmph, you might be right but there are no monsters here right? While I came up here I didn't see anything and I took a path that was already plowed through by the higher guilds."
"So what's your point miss?"
"Hm....Sorry sir, I shouldn't have called you old man. I guess I just got friendly with you sorry." she winked at him and made a fist and moved it clockwise near her chest saying sorry in sign language.
"Hm what was that just now?"
"That's sorry in sign language. There was a time in the performing arts that I was given the challenge to perform a play to the hearing impaired. Some were one hundred percent deaf while others had use of a hearing aid. It's interesting. I was slightly expression with my hands, but after learning ASL using my hands sometimes is second nature. You'd think I'd want to protect my hands, but I think I'm being pushed in this game. I can't just sit around. I mean I could just enjoy it but, that's not healthy. I talk to NPCs who have an AI, but aren't real people. I'm isolating myself and it's not healthy."

Reinka looked over to the elderly man. She saw his name and the word NPC with it. He couldn't understand her. He was just lines of code. He could not empathize. It left a false sense of security in the lack of urgency that all NPC's seemed to have. Reinka made a fist and punched the rock.

Word count 303

ID# 95323 results:
 Battle: 1

She pulled her hand back and blew on her knuckles. Then looked up and saw the hp on the rock hadn't changed. She had a feeling of self-doubt sweep over her as she held her hand. Being so alone when she was used to hearing people clap for her, and cheer.  The sound of silence was deafening. The ache of loneliness stretched over her as if she were drowning in water. It was then she could hear her mother call her a burden. Of course, her mother never explicitly stated it, but Reinka felt that way. She would say things akin to Reinka never finishing anything she starts, and suddenly her taunts filled the silence in her mind. She covered her ears for a moment trembling. How she loved and hated that woman all at once. Her red eyes opened with a passionate flame inside of them.

"SHUT UP! I'M SICK AND TIRED OF BEING ALONE OR NOT GOOD ENOUGH YOU TRAITOR!" she screamed as her fist struck the rock.

Word count 170

95324 2

She stared as the health didn't go down. Though instead of running away she raised her hand and was about to hit it.
"Hitting it for no reason won't help you I don't think. You lack confidence now young one."

She looked over her shoulder at the man. He was right she got scared, even if she was angry she was afraid. She looked at the rock wondering if this was a symbol. To be steadfast and firm.

"You can go inside now master. Who knows if someone else will want a turn later." her voice was solemn. 
"What do you intend to do now? Quit? I won't remove the paint, it is your burden for your folly." he warned her.
"I never said I was giving up you know."
"Is that a fact. So you'll be here all night then?"
"Afraid so. Here's hoping I don't die from exhaustion by morning.
"Well, good luck flower seedling. I look forward to seeing you bloom. As the smallest flower can break through the cracks of the hardest earth. How badly do you want to survive?"
"As Gandhi said. I want it more than I want to breathe. I want to live dang it!"

Word count 202
ID 95325 6
Boulder HP: 48 - 1 = 47

She kept looking at the rock and striking it. Birds flapped through the sky and the temperature did drop but she wasn't paying attention to it. All she wanted was to get stronger. She didn't want to be left behind and stuck where she was. Maybe that's why she went against her mother's wishes. Was this why she didn't become a doctor or a lawyer? She was always stuck studying things she didn't care about, but she was free in theater. It was all expression. The expression that was locked away inside her soul. Now this game happened and she has trapped all over again. Away from the new world, she painted for herself. No, this world wouldn't separate her from her love of the world that was ripped from her very hands. To hell with that. She balled up her other fist and kept punching. She kept her eyes fixated on this opponent. Even if her body thought about sleeping she wasn't about to pass out right here and now. You could forget that.

Word count 175

ID# 95326 results: 8
Boulder HP: 47 - 1 = 46

She huffed and bounced around for a second her training kicking in. This was like that in a way, and no one was to be hurt. She breathed in through her nose and made a short stance. She closed the distance between her and the rock. The back of he hand was towards her chest, in an open palm. Her hips turned quickly and her elbow came across the builder. She remembered her teacher told her that this strike was usually done to far apart and that the elbow was one of the close-range weapons on the human body, that's not headbutting or bitting of course. Instead of sliding her elbow all the way across in a lazy strike she swung it with the intent of breaking the boulder. Her teacher taught her when she does this move to imagen the strike going through the protective mat, and out the spine of the person holding up the mat. It scared her when he explained it but it was impossible for it to happen, it was just where her focus was, and now she could appreciate the teaching.

Word count 187
ID# 95327 results: 6
Boulder HP: 46 - 1 = 45

She kept it up with open palm strikes. The idea of hurting her hand was still in her mind as sweat trickled down her face. She almost felt feverish, but she didn't let him constantly hitting the rock with no remorse. She didn't care if she landed the hit or did damage because she knew eventually the odds were in her favor. Her body felt lighter as she moved around. If the game told the truth she was in a hospital bed just laying there. She huffed and bowed her head, her hands on her knees as she was bent forwards. She huffed and raised her head up and glared at the boulders health. She wasn't about to lose to this stupid rock. She had to keep moving, if she did that in the real world maybe, just maybe her mom would know not to give up.

"I'm not giving up! You hear me!" she screamed bunching the boulder again.

Word count 160

ID# 95330 results: 10
Boulder HP 46 - 1base - 2crit = 43

“I will keep going.” There was sweat causing her dress silks to stick to her skin. She growled in annoyance and ripped them to hugged around her more like a skirt. Blue data flew from it but returned the dress to its original state. She ignored it once more still hitting the rock.  She struck again with open palms, even if it didn’t hurt she knew better than to fully strike a rock. Somehow real life seeped into the game. Her knowledge and training from her childhood were helping her cope with this quest. Her jaw clenched as she kept striking the boulder with ferocity. This might be good for her too. Her body was just laying down. Was she flailing? “I’m here, I’m alive!”  her strikes kept hammering down on the rock. Her mother must be keeping her alive right? That meant there was still hope for change when she woke up. She’d likely have to go through some sort of therapy, in fact maybe everyone would.

“You think it’s funny crippling us? I’ll show you what people are capable of!”

Post count 182
ID# 95334 results: 5
Boulder 43 -1 = 42 (The ultimate answer!)

“It’s going down. That’s good.” She let out a sigh and relaxed for a moment then went right back at it. “Wait am I doing this wrong…He wants me to split this in two I can’t do it from up here can I?” She spent some time climbing the boulder only to fall on her rear. “What is this, why’s this game so realistic. Maybe, it’s just in my head? If people her can soar through monsters in a glide or do all these fantastic moves then why am I so debilitated?” she pondered it for a moment and crouched down. She then jumped high above the rock and landed on top of it. Reinka fell to her knees and started punching the rock again. “If I’m going to split this open I have to be up here.” The rock was harder to hit from this position and she was now looking right at his health bar like some sort of wild animal. “It’s a game I’m not put down by my flaws here. I should be able to push more limits here.” She punched the rock again hoping to crack or making an indent.

Word count 195
ID# 95337 results: 4 (Still a hit the boulder has -2 to evade <3)
Hp 42 -1 = 41

There was an open strike and then another as the sky changed with a blanket of stars. She remembered Steel’s fist glowing and she waited for her own to do the same. Is that how he did it.

“Come on glow! Do it!” she yelled as she kept striking the rock.

She didn’t want to be rescued. She wanted to fight with him. With anyone. She wanted to be around people again.

“This will be the last time that I think I won’t hear a voice again. You stupid game. You put us on here and we’re the actors, the players. If you think we’re going to find your code script think again. This actress does her own off the cuff ad libs her own content. We had a silent concert with sign language. Everyone thought a silent concert, play, song was impossible. Our group at home showed them wrong. So I’m going to show you just how serious I am.” She was punching with her hands in rapid succession. “They’ll all hug me and it’ll just be more proof that our theater can do anything! I know they could do it!” She pounded her fist hard against the rock.

Word count 200
ID# 95340 results 1
Boulder HP 41

Her palm hit the boulder hard and flew off to the side. She gasped as she lost her balance and fell off the large stone. She glared at it through her red strands of hair. She sat up still watching it as if it were dead to her. She closed her eyes and stood up enraged that it happened. Luckily no one was around to see it. She thrust her elbow against it with a wail. She was so pissed off that she had fallen and knew what to take it out on. She punched it a few more times screaming at it.

“Think I’ll give up just because I fell off? Wrong! I’m not running away ever again. I hate it! I hate you and everything about this place. I was stuck on a stupid floor where all the NPCs would just greet you and walk away any time you talked to them. You know how much that pisses me off?!” She kept punching with both fists.

word count 168
 ID# 95341 results: 4 (Rock has -2 eva = hit)
Boulder HP 41 - 1 = 40

When the HP became 40 she paused in away.

“It’s possible.” She whispered.

Steel didn’t lie to her he did it. He really did it this way. She’ll have to do her best to show him that she managed to it.

“It’s not over I won’t be satisfied till you’re split in two!” she gave it a punch and a kick. “I can do this.” She huffed and punched it one more time.

Reinka felt taller now. This game was playable, they did, in fact, have some sort of a chance and she wasn’t about to let it slip from her fingers. She wanted to try to play more. It wasn’t as dark and bleak as she thought it might be. She slapped the rock once more with her right and gave a quick jab with her left. Then another with her right. She took a step back and ran up the boulder and did a strike downwards on it trying to get on top of it once more again.

Post count 171
ID# 95346 results: 6
HP 40 -1 = 39

As it got darker it was harder to see the rock but it didn’t matter. She was on top of it striking at it with every palm strike she had learned. She wanted to make sure that she’d win, but she kept glancing up at the HP. That was her typical gamer side. It wasn’t like this rock could attack her. Reinka sighed and sat there a moment and looked up at the pale white moon. She felt a shiver. Why did this world seem so real? She was lucky that she wasn’t unplugged, but where was her body. What hospital? She bowed her head and looked at the rock again. It was because she was afraid to do harm again. Rienka closed her eyes and trembled for a moment. She might be able to call Steel later. So that she could practice with his supervision, but she didn’t want him to be put into a situation where he could get hurt too. She opened her eyes and struck the rock at the anger of her own weakness. She’d have to do it on her own.

Word Count 1886
ID# 95446 results: 2

She pulled her hand back worried she had hurt herself and froze up. She held her hand then looked it over. It was fine. Her shoulders dropped for a moment. She realized she was worrying far too much about the future. Her first ‘death’ was in the past. She was now over the fact she was stuck here. Well not really, but she tried. She then looked at the small sunken area the rock. She looked back at the hp than shut her eyes.
“No…I’m too worried about it. It doesn’t matter what the hit points are on this rock. As long as it’s broken.” She told herself. “I wish I had a headband to cover my eyes so I could see. It’d make this easier, but I can’t close my eyes and my ears at the same time. I have to see it to believe in what I’m capable of and I’m not leaving until this boulder is out of my way. It’s my start.”
She punched the concave area once more.

Word count 173
ID# 95447 results: 3 
HP: 39

Edited by Reinka
realized I missed changed hp back

After several hours she moved her hands to another spot on the rock to make the indent bigger in another area. She was worried her hand would get stuck, and kept trying. Now she wasn’t looking at the hit points. She hoped the rock would break away on its own, that her determination would be enough. She felt unsure and afraid of the next step after this. Could she attack a monster that would hit her back? She remembered looking out of the town and saw wild boars, and there were tons of quests to take about the monsters. Still she wasn’t sure if she could do anything about it. She wasn’t the only one that hadn’t left. There were other people, but she saw how they looked for getting left behind. She felt it too. It would be nice if people like Steel would visit more often. Perhaps there would be more hope and less player violence that steamed from loneliness and fear. She let her mind ponder these things as she struck the rock over and over again.

word count: 180
 ID# 95449 results: 7
HP:39 - 1 = 38

Even if she attacked monster though, then what? What would her goals be? It wasn’t like she could catch up to the frontliners, nor would she think she’d be able to be one. She’d rather explore and be a treasure hunter like a pirate maybe. She never considered what she’d want to do with her life here. So she could kill a monster and get to a higher floor to meet with people. What good would that really do?

“Well there’s no point in worry about that yet. I have to get there first.” She told herself.

She knew there was a job system in SAO, or at least a partial one. Maybe she’d take up alchemy and grow a garden to make her potions. Would that even be possible? She could take up cooking. She hadn’t eaten yet. She was too afraid to try food. Maybe performer. It caught her attention but it seemed more like a bard instead of acting. She let herself weigh her choices as she kept attacking the boulder, her arms moving like the wind without her thinking too much on what she was doing.

word count 190
ID# 95450 results: 5(hits with -2 eva)
HP 38 - 1 = 37

The old short hermit NPC came out and gave her a look over nodding to himself. He copied how she hit the rock and gave a less than toothy smile.
“She moves swift as the wind but her arm flows aren’t as flowing as water.” He said to himself.

Reinka heard him and looked up. She slid down the boulder and cocked her head to the side then looked back at the boulder. It seemed less formidable than before.

“Your confidence is growing. Tell me what are you thinking about?”
“The next task.”
“Ha, so confident that you consider this task over I see.” He laughed happily.
“You sure talk a lot for an NPC. I’m use to them repeating themselves.”
“That’s because I was made with an advancing AI.”
“Than how do I get out of this game oh knowledgeable one?”
“Well you can kill yourself, or beat the game, or wait for someone else to do it.”

She stared at him her face drained of color. She looked back to the rock and moved her arms in a circle before striking it quickly.

word count:185
ID# 95455 results: 5
HP 37 - 1 = 36

“I’m not going to kill myself.” She told him. “I told you I want to live. I don’t know what I’m doing or where I’m going but I can tell you this much, I’m going to breath watch.” She took in a deep breath of the mountain air and felt her head spin for a second.
“Did you forget we’re up very high young one?” he asked her slightly amused.
“It’s not real it shouldn’t affect you that much.” Reinka coughed.
“I’ve had others talk about the system on their heads. A nervegear I believe they called it. I think nerve has something to do with it.” He explained.
“So the game affects your senses, but then.” She looked at her dirty ridden hands. “Why doesn’t this hurt?”
“Oh it will. When something hits you of course. This rock isn’t hitting back.” He explained.
“That sounds great.” She replied with dripping sarcasm.

She kept punching the rock hoping to find a weak spot.

Word count:163
ID#  95463 results:6
HP 36 - 1 = 35

Edited by Reinka
forgot the ID number.

He nodded watching her for a moment. “You need to flow more like water, like what you just did. You took time to move gracefully to try and land your punch try that again perhaps.” He instructed.
She nodded and put her hands together breathing in slowly.
“I have seen many people breathe like that. Tell me why.”
“Controlled breathing keeps you focused. “If you’re scared of something or need to concentrate it’s good to do that.” She closed her eyes and then moved her right leg back and stuck with her right fist as her hips turned. She whipped around so she was facing away from the rock. “I’m almost scared to see if I hit it now.” She huffed annoyed as she turned around.

The elderly man looked up at the rock than to Reinka curiously.

“Are you going to check?” he asked her.
“Checking won’t make a difference. The game me be all about numbers but as it’s stands in this case the only outcome I want is victory. So it doesn’t pay to look.”

Word count:178
ID# 95464 results:7
HP 35-1=34