[SP-F02] <Breaking the Unbreakable> Reinka's first quest <<COMPLETE>>

“So when you’ll attack a boar what will you do. If that’s your first aggressive opponent?” The NPC asked.
“I will look at it’s hit points.” She replied still striking the rock.
“Oh, why is that?”
“Because the element changed. In this case I don’t have to worry about pain or dying. In the case of a boar I have to keep in mind the option of running away.” She explained.
“You could run away from this.”
“But I have paint on my face. It’s not an improvement either. It’s just silly.”
“Ha! That’s true but you could still as you say run away.”
“Not true.”
“Oh, why is that than? You’d still be alive.” He stated.
“No, people are not alive when they are alive if they are alone. We suffer through depression. If we don’t get to use our skills or anything else like that we are dead. We have to do something, and we need each other. It’s just how we are. It’s like leaving a computer to rust. Could you use it maybe, did it get worse when you didn’t use it, likely. It’s funny. No matter what we do we age in some way.”

She struck the rock again.

“I don’t think I’m afraid anymore.”

Word Count 210
ID# 95466 results:3
HP 34

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Well you didn’t hit it correctly. Even if you have gained confidence there is such a thing as over confidence. Now you’re just hitting randomly.”
“That’s strange. This rock is get polygons right. How could I be hitting randomly if there’s a generated number of sides to it.” She looked up at the hp and then back to the rock. “You’re saying not all the sides on this boulder are able to deal it damage.” She looked it over.
“Ah, now that’s interesting.”
“What?”
“I didn’t think you were capable of lateral thinking.”

Reinka pursed her lips and glared at the NPC.

“If I strike you I turn red and become a hunted character so I’m not going to be fooled into slapping you for that comment you know. I’ll just take it out on the rock. Like this.” She slapped the rock across the small dent she made on the front earlier.

word count 153 (This stuff gets hard to write man XD)
ID# 95467 results:7
HP 34-1 = 33

“Hm, I see your strategy now. You’re hitting the whole rock so you’re given a hit. The game will catch on and change those parameters you know.”
“That’s why I’m just using palm strikes for the most part. It’s therapeutic at this point.” She explained.
“Hmph, try to focus more please.”
“Sure thing. I think I’m getting the hang of this.” She grinned and just kept punching. “It’s like the bags at the dojo. I just keep hitting to increase my stamina. I get it. This thing just looks like an immortal object, only pieces of it are on the outside and inside. You have to find the spots that are breakable and when you do it should break open like a coconut.” She gave it another few punches now watching the hit points.
“What are you doing? I thought you weren’t going to look.”
“If I hit it I’ve found the spot.” She grinned finding a new plan of attack.

word count 161
ID# 95468 results:10
33 - 1base -2crit = 30 (WOOOT)

There was a sound effect for a critical hit.
“Found you!” She shouted.
“Please that can’t possibly work twice you know.”
“I won’t know until I try you know.” She smiled very pleased with herself. “That’s another ten points almost. I’m almost half way there so don’t take away my win yet NPC.” She smiled happily.

He moved closer inspecting the rock.

“Well go ahead and hit that spot again do you recall where it was?” he was very curious now as well.
“I sure do it was right here.” She moved her hand against the spot she had just hit. There was a bit of a dip. “I’m going to keep striking here until it reaches zero, and then we’ll see what I can accomplish.” She smiled happily to herself and pulled her fist close to herself. She made a few fake hits to make sure she had the angle right before letting out a fast hard punch.

Word count 159
 ID# 95469 results:5 (-2eva)
30-1=29

“Did you hit the same spot. I told you to focus child.” He huffed.
“I did, so that means when it caves in it’s a new polygon. So it won’t have the same effect every time.” she whispered to herself.

She brought her thumb up to her lips as she bit into the nail thinking. She made a face and spat. It tasted like dirt and sweat. She felt her stomach growl a bit. She hadn’t bothered with the foods of SAO fearing it’d only look nice and not satisfy anything. Yet the realism of the game was unmatched from other games. It felt almost real.  She moved her heel back and eyed the spot she had struck.

“If this spot doesn’t take damage then I know I’ve hit an immortal plate on the polygon. It could also mean that the pieces shift but hold the same image.”
“Oh I see. Does that work in your world?”
“Actually it can with advance camouflage. It works like a mirror reflecting what’s around lets say a car so the car could be in motion but you see through it.”
“Ah but in that case the car doesn’t have a image itself.”
“It’s the best way I can put it unfortunately.”

word count 208
ID# 95472 results: 4 (Still a hit with -2eva)
HP 29-1 = 28

“I felt it resist me just now. The hit landed though.” She explained.
“So?” the npc asked her.
“The spots that are hitable move, or in this case change. It’s a blind game of Simon says.” She explained. “So if that’s true than it won’t matter where I hit it. I’m playing blind anyway. That doesn’t bother me though I’ve almost got it to half it’s starting hit points.” She smiled.
“But you don’t really know if it moves or changes then.” The NPC pointed out.
“That knowledge is irrelevant. The point of this quest is to beat up the rock until it hits zero hit points and then breaks. So a strategy in this case isn’t necessary, nor possible to make it easier. It’s all chance. The numbers are in my favor and it can’t hit me back. So all I have to do is hit it.” Reinka explained.
“That was already obvious.” The NPC sighed as Reinka struck the rock again.

Word count 163
ID# 95473 results: 4 (Barely hit again)
HP28-1=27

“I wonder, I’ll give the same spot another strike.” she said aloud.
“Hm, your determination is good for this. You might be able to do it after all.”

She opened her hand in a bear like palm strike and struck it, using her fist like a knife. She was afraid to look at the HP. If she was right she would have missed but she wanted to be wrong. She didn’t want this to be some sort of random algorithm. It would mean she learned nothing but she was still determined. Her eyes opened and her red eyes looked up at the hit points.

“For what it’s worth. When you learn the skill there will be a description on it.”
“Good otherwise I won’t know how to execute the skill itself. I didn’t get very far in my training. I never stuck it out all the way through, but I did learn enough to defend myself. It’s all I can use here.”

Word Count 162
 ID# 95474 results: 2

“I wonder if I hit the same spot I can figure out if it really is random. If I manage to deal it damage then I know, but if I fail two more times then I know I can’t hit this spot again.” She pointed out.
“I thought you weren’t going to think about it.” The NPC pointed out.
“Well, I guess I’m a little stubborn.” She laughed a bit. “But I have to try. You know, sometimes you can leave it to fate but this stuff on my face really smells bad so I’m going to try to do it smart.”
“I swear that’s you’re only motivation.” He sighed.
“Not really. I want to talk to more people on higher floors. I can’t do that if I can’t defend myself. I just have to get use to it. I’m so use to adapting but the plan was to let someone win the game. It’s taking too long. I want to talk to people.” She gave the rock another hard punch in the same spot and looked up again.

word count: 179
ID# 95475 results: 2 (the dice gods are trying to tell me it's true and rigged and hit another spot XD)

“It’s hit points did not faulter.” The NPC stated.
“I see that.” She sighed. “I even felt the same resistance against my fist. One more try and then I’ll know that it’s not random after all. Einstein said that doing the same thing and expecting different results meant insanity, but in this case I’m testing the probability that it might be random after all.” She stated.
“And what will you do if it is random?”
“The same thing I have been doing. I’ll succeed in busting this thing open. I was just looking for as faster way.”
“Oh, what’s the hurry?” he asked her curiously.
“I just recently talked to another player character. I want to talk to more people. I want to see what the game has to offer. In other games I explored high and low to admire it all. I want to try to admire this game.” She admitted and punched the same spot again

Word count 158
 ID# 95476 results:6
HP 27 - 1 = 26

“It changed. It’s random. It’s not always immortal in certain spots. It moves what part is. So no matter what it’s possible this spot will turn into a weak spot for a critical to go off.”
“Oh I didn’t consider that with your line of thinking.” The NPC smiled.
“I bet you already knew all of this stuff though. Still you made me think old man. That just means I have to keep hitting this spot until it breaks.” She smiled to herself.
“I see. In that case keep up the good work. This old man is going to take a nap. There are no other players accepting this quest when they do I’ll just have to be awake.” He stretched and went back into the hut of a house he had.
“Good night.” Reinka stated without thought about him not being a real person.

She kept attacking the same spot with more vigor.

Word count 154
ID# 95477 results: 9
HP26 -1base -1minicrit = 24 (Under half WOOOO)

She took in a deep breath and started punching the boulder. She felt her arms moving faster. It started to get easier punching a rock. No, not just punching a rock. It was easier to punch. The crack of the punch reminded her of a drum and she started to find a fast rhythm. Her head lowered as she ducked and weaved around the rock punching it in various places. She did a spin kick and charged at the rock after she landed punching it with her fists and then her elbow. She wanted to win so badly. She realized the weight of her own words prior. This was just as important as breathing to her. It was true. She didn’t want to find herself on that testament. That tome of the dead. That ugly yet pristine statue. It was mocking the players as a whole, and yet it was their tombstone. Her fiery eyes glared at the rock as she brought her fist back and punched with all her might.

Word count 171
ID# 95483 results: 2

She felt her arm bounce back and she tried again. She could see her mother in her mind. Telling her she couldn’t do it. She would quit.

“I won’t quit!” Reinka shouted.

She could almost hear her mother take praise for her victory. It was the push she needed. That’s what it was. Reinka wasn’t about to live through her mother like that. She hated the idea.

“No, I got to acting the way I am because I’m who I am not what you tried to make me! I’m me!” She shouted at the top of her lung and she shoulder punched the boulder and punched harder at her. Her hand reaching on the boulder to try to pull parts of it apart, and then she punched it again and backed up throwing more punches at it.

She fell to her knees thinking about her family. She wanted her mother to be the one keeping her alive. To bring back a bond they lost. Yet she felt it was really Tony, or someone else doing it. She sighed and gave a left jab against the rock.

word count 186

ID# 95486 results: 3

She felt herself bounce off the boulder and on the ground. She got up rubbing her rear and gave the boulder an annoyed look. She jumped on top of again and looked over the indented spot.
“Here will work.”
She sat up on her knees and started punching the rock. She was halfway there. All she had to do was find an opening twenty six more times.
“Come on, I’m half way there I can do this!”
She felt her fist slam into the rocks.
“Pick up a rhythm.” She whispered to herself punching the boulder a few more times.

Reinka breathed in through her nose and thought about her theater. How happy she was when she was there before bouncing to different places. Theater was always close to her heart. Even as an actress if she was asked what she’d like to do again she’d say theater.

“Be like Rocky and go the distance.” She said striking the boulder again.

Word count 161
ID# 95487 results:9
HP24 -1base -1semicrit = 22

There was a low rumble. Reinka looked up and then around her surroundings. Only the fireflies were out and they were flying away. There were flashes of lightning. She gritted her teeth as rain started to pour on her. She turtled herself on top of the rock and shivered. It was actually cold, and wet. Her mind was very much tricked into believing in this fantasy. Her dancer’s outfit was getting soaked, and it’s sheer material didn’t leave much to the imagination now that it was soaked through, or maybe it did as a blue light surrounded her. Was the game censoring her. She sat on the rock looking down at the blue glow and her head went back as she laughed up at the stars.
“Oh that’s rich! You think I’m going to quit just because of a little rain?! I just want to finish faster now!” She shouted at the sky. She looked back down and kept striking at the boulder. “A little rain won’t stop me.”

Word count 169
95488   10
HP 22 - 1base -2crit = 19

She listened to the rain and kept a beat with the sound of lightening that flashed across the sky. The rain made a puddle in the rock and Reinka found herself splashing herself when she struck the rock, but it made no difference to her. Her body stopped shivering as she ignored the cold ice chill on her back. She had to get this done, and get inside where it was warm, but she refused to leave until the rock was split in two and was out of the way. She did pause after several minutes. She touched her face while staring into the pool of water at her reflection. She rubbed at the marks but they did not come off. She smirked at that and lifted both her hands into a fist together and wailed down onto the rock. She moved her hands in open fists and kept striking. She looked up.
“Under twenty. Yes.” She smiled and kept hitting the rock.

Word Count 161
ID# 95489 results: 9

HP 19 -1base -1semicrit= 17

She started to understand. She ran away because she never saw the results from what she did in the real world. Gaming had goals, and they were often very clear with checkmarks and it was easy to see the change the player had in the world around themselves, and a game took maybe fifty hours where life was a lifetime. In a sense life is the longest game for most people.
“That it, it’s not just determination but it’s opening my eyes. Some things seem impossible but it’s doable.” She told herself. She attacked the slippery stone. There were blue fragments coming off of it. She was close she had to be. She held her breath as she struck then sighed. “Don’t hold your breath, breathe with your punches.” She tried again trying to dent the rock further to make a cup of water at the top. “I will win. Thank you though, I won’t give up later in life.”

Word Count 161

ID# 95490 results: 4 (Still a hit with -2 eva)
17 - 1=16

She took in a breath and kept going. How much more was there now she wondered, but now she was afraid to look up. Afraid the numbers had gone up instead of down. Tears ran down her face with the rain. Her arms ached but she didn’t want to give in. She was surprised she managed to get this far. Avoiding enemies and letting groups of people go on ahead. It was a cowards way to play the game but she was trying. It was better than passing out in the middle of a road in town. With gawkers and people who ignored you. You’d be luckier to not be harassed with what she wore. Maybe Steel was the hope she needed in people. She wanted to be social but she thought maybe being a gamer and into theater was considered weird. Yet this was the place to find gamers. She smiled as she cried and laughed.

“We’re all mad here Alice.”

Oh how she hated Alice in Wonderland, but it was so fitting.

Word Count 174
 ID# 95491 results: 5
HP16 -1 base= 15

She kept pounding against the rock. The rain did stop and there was flash of blue light.
“I did it!”
Her clothes returned to their normal stat. She sat on top of the rock flabbergasted. Her head went down as she felt she was about to scream. She slammed her fist against the rock.
“Jerk you were suppose to split in to you ignoramus! How dare you!” She screamed at it for a moment. “Ugh, what an unruly rock you are. You’ve kept me up all night trying to figure out how to break you!” She screamed at it and then saw the number of hit points it had. She smiled. Fifteen well placed hits left at the most.
“Okay, that’s not as bad as fifty ha, I can’t believe this thing had that much hit points to begin with it’s so weird seeing this umber now. Don’t worry I’ll get you in the single digits yet just you wait.” She started punching it again as the sun started to rise.

Word count 171
ID# 95492 results: 10 (Thank you dice gods and goddesses)
15 -  1base -2crit= 12HP

Reinka was smiling as she heard the critical hit sound effect go off on her last hit. So close to nine hit points. She’d get this rock down to zero. Maybe there would be a treasure under it. She could only wish right. She smiled happily as she kept hitting the rock with her fists.
“One two punch!” She shouted as she kept up her strikes.
Her arms and body started to feel light like a feather. Though that could be from feeling absolutely exhausted in itself.
“Hey hermit man! I’ve almost got this down to a science again! It’s called don’t give up lucky strike one two and three!” She shouted trying to get the NPC’S attention. “It rained all night, and I stayed out here anyway you know. It was cold and annoying but I’ll keep on going gramps just you watch me!” She shouted as she kept punching the boulder.

Word Count 153
ID# 95493 results: 7
HP 12 -1 = 11

The elderly hermit came out of hiding and watched Reinka strike the rock with all her might. He felt she’d complete the mission and stayed outside this time.
“Learn anything this time?”
“Sometimes you don’t always see change. So this game is easier than real life. In real life I wouldn’t have a counter telling me how close victory is.” She explained. “It’s nice but that means this death game is in fact playable. I mean other people do it, some died but I’m still here. I have to do something because if I do nothing I might as well be dead you know?” She asked him.
“I see, seems you’ve taught yourself a great deal out here, but you didn’t beat it by morning.” He teased.
“So what I’m going to beat it anyway, you didn’t give me a set time I did.”
“So you’re going to keep going?”
“I’m not wasting that time.” She struck the rock again.

Post count 160
ID# 95494 results: 1 (Swear words here XD)
HP 11