[SP-F02] <Breaking the Unbreakable> Reinka's first quest <<COMPLETE>>

“You have severe performance issues lass.” The NPC stated once seeing her suddenly struggle.
“I do not, I’m in the lime light all the time I’ll show you who has performance issues!” She kept striking the rock and the NPC came closer inspecting it. “What if it resets itself?” He asked her.
“I don’t care.” She stated.

He looked up at her as she kept striking the rock, her hands and arms blurred at times. He stroked his beard and nodded expecting her to now succeed. “Keep going child, I’m sure you will be granted a victory.” He stated pulling out a pipe to smoke. “Everything you’ve said is rather insightful. I suppose most players have some sort of euphony but yours is a bit more humorous to follow and less serious. Some have no euphony for music and a beat to strike in is far more effective.”
“I agree, and all because I’m funny doesn’t mean anything.” She kept striking the rock with her hands watching it slowly crack under her.

Word count 172
ID# 95495 results: 8
11 - 1 = 10

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“That’s not what I said. Are you listening to me? Why did you pick fighting up close against monsters you’ve never even tried fighting before anyway? Isn’t that counterintuitive?”
“No, I have to do something in the hardest manner or I can’t acceel quickly. Right now I’m far behind everyone so I have to take the hardest route to quickly work my way through the ranks.” She explained.
“Oh I see. You just want to make it hard on yourself so you have bragging rights I understand.”
“What no, now you’re the one not listening. This is one of the hardest fighting skills to learn so that means it should be far more rewarding. If I can learn it like Steel than I can not only keep up with him but I can catch up to higher level players.”
“So you’re not doing anything for yourself?”
“I took classes in Aikido and Jiu-jitsu it’s less foreign to me than holding a sword.” She kept striking the rock.

word count 167
ID# 95519 results: 9
HP 10 - 1 base - 1 semicrit= HP8 

“So you think it’d be easier for you?”
“I hope so. This has taught me determination though. I want to keep fighting. I want to keep going. When I wake up from this. When we all wake up from this. I’m going to look for the friends I met here. Hang out with them and find a way to tell our stories. That way they can get the help they need.”
“Help?”
“We’ve been here so long, we’ll forget to actually feed ourselves, to not open up a stupid menu. That we can’t really fight the way he have in the real world. That there are more consequences for being murderers. I’ll be more determined and I won’t be constantly looking at my goals to see if they’re being achieved I’ll just do what I want to do, not what people tell me to do.”
“Did someone tell you to do this quest?”
“No, they told me about the quest it was my volition to do it on my own.” She made another strike.

Word count 174
 ID# 95520 results: 6
HP 8 - 1base = 7

“Besides if I can do this the gratification will be amazing. With that stupid rain washing away my sweat but leaving my hair drenched. For once my hands look filthy, for someone who’s hands look nice all the time it’s kind of nice to understand this kind of work.” She smiled bright as she kept punching.
“Are you normally this positive.”
“It’s been awhile. I’ve been alone in the dark for some time now, but no more!” She yelled as she kept striking the rock with both fists simultaneously. “Even if I fail and killing a monster the first time there’s always a second time. If I don’t like this style of fighting it’s fine I’ll just adopt another type of fighting.” She explained. “It won’t matter, it’s not like escape is within grasp yet. We just hope it is, and I’ll have my faith in it as well.” She smiled to herself. “I might allow myself to believe this is my reality, right now it is, but I won’t forget the world I left behind. Never!” She punched the boulder again.

Word count 182
ID# 95521 results:2
HP 7

Reinka slid off the rock and the NPC laughed at her, but then stopped as Reinka stepped up with an angry passion in her eyes as she screamed and kept punching the rock no longer speaking to the NPC as she kept attacking it with her ferocity. The NPC smoked his pipe watching her. Even though he tried to bait her she didn’t even notice or come up with an excuse. He nodded happily.

I have to do this. If I don’t I’m not really human am I? Humans try their hardest when they’re pushed down. I was pushed down and pinned down, and I’m not going to allow myself to be smothered by despair. I will beat this whatever it is. Depression, fear of the unknown, silence, and loneliness. True I met Steel and it wasn’t my doing, it was fate that day, but I’ve always believed I’m in charge of my fate if I choose to be, so I’m going to find more people. Yes. She thought to herself

Word count 171
ID# 95522 results: 7
HP 7 - 1base = 6

Edited by Reinka
forgot hp

The NPC watched and pulled his lips in his mouth as he watched her. He felt a certain amount of pride if that was possible for him.
“Come on lass, you can do it. Don’t let up the assault. Go!” He shouted.

She did a spin kick and another few jabs. She didn’t care where she hit the rock this time. Aiming for any spot on it allowing it to chip as blue data fragments started to fly off with every hit.

“That’s it you’ve got it in the red now lass, one two punch. You finally learned how to keep your momentum up like the river and your fists flow like the wind, now punch! Do you hear me I said punch lass!” The NPC shouted to cheer her on.
“Understood director.” She let out a scream as she kept attacking the boulder which caused the NPC to stare at her sudden determination.

Word count 154 (Yikes close there)
ID# 95524 results:6 (Yosh so close now)
HP 6 - 1base = 5

So even the game believes in the players. I guess it has to be winnable or it wouldn’t be a game. That’s a sick way to look at it but I guess that means there’s hope.

Her eyes narrowed as she kept her up assault. She didn’t want to lose to something that didn’t hit her back. She remembered a few times waking up in the streets. Sometimes there were players leaning over her doing who knows what, and all she could do was run. She didn’t want to run anymore. She ran away from her family. She ran away from hard times. She did stick with theater, but for how long? She’d be told old at some point. There were rolls for that but it was always difficult none the less. She took a breath in through her teeth, she’d darned if she woke up in the streets disheveled again. She’d be darned if she acted like a zombie every day of her new life. She had to do something, and this was her start.

word count 176
ID# 95525 results: 5 (-2 eva makes it a hit)
HP5 -1base = 4hp

The NPC watched the number drop and listened to her determined screams. It was like watching an animal attack an intruder. She wanted this more than air. She claimed it was the same as air but no, it was more than. 
Reinka climbed back on top of the rock and kept up her strikes. She said the words break over and over in her mind. She was so close she could almost taste victory. She wasn’t thinking of the future. There was no what do I do after this. This was her only goal in her mind she had to just break this stupid rock. She discarded her worries and fears for this one short moment in time. It was sudden, and she had forgotten about her worries. All she wanted was to succeed.
“It’s not over. It’ll never be over. You’re just the first rock I have to face!” She shouted as she thrust her fist against the rock.

Word count 160
ID# 95526 results: 5 (-2 eva)
HP 4 - 1base =3hp (COME ON ALREADY XD)

The NPC watched her. “What does that mean this is the just the first rock? You only need to break one lass.”
“This is just the first obstacle in my way. Everything will be this hard or harder, if it’s not then it’ll be cake compared to this!” She screamed punching the rock over and over. “I don’t care! I’ve worked my butt of to be the person who I am. Even if I run away I’m still me and no one can take that away from me. Not now not ever. I just have to learn to persevere and keep going forwards. I’ll solve my problems my way, and it’s fine to be stubborn about it, or I won’t get anything done.” She shouted and kept striking the rock.

The NPC nodded and watched her continue. He bit the inside of his cheek and then smiled.

“Come on lass it has only 3 more hits to accomplish your goal, now hurry up and stop making me wait. You’ve been here all night already. People will talk.”

Reinka let out another scream striking the rock with what she felt was all her might.

word count 193
ID# 95527 results: 2
HP3 (Bwahahaha you think you can defeat me....Curse you rock!)

She felt her body go off to the side. The NPC winced a bit and she did a spin turn landing on her feet. She charged the rock and thrust her fist going full boar against it. Her eyes full of determination. Her hair rushed back from the sheer force of the punching going against the wind.
“So you’re the immovable mountain? Than I’ll be like the night’s rain. I’ll devour you and surround you, eroding you till there is nothing left do you hear me!” She shouted striking it again. “I’ll turn you into dust, you’ll just be blue fragments!” she ran around the boulder looking for cracks and stuck against them hard watching fragments fly. She then walked to where she first hit the boulder and started punching it again trying to remember the speed and rhythm Steel used when he showed her his skills.
“Just bow down and fall!” She shouted fixated on winning.

Word count 157
ID# 95528 results: 1 (Pft well then)
HP3 (I AM IMMORTAL HUMAN!!! XD)

She looked up. She huffed. It hadn’t changed at all from three. She stared at the hit points for a moment. Her pupils became small and she felt something lodged in her throat. Was this when it became impossible? The NPC was quiet wondering if now was the moment she’d retreat. He did not feel sad for her as he had no emotion, and yet he didn’t want her to walk away yet.
“What was that you called me lass? Director?” His eyes flashed as he searched for information. “Then….Encore.” He shouted at her.
“Huh?” Her head whipped around to stare at the old man. “What did you say?”
“ENCORE!”

She bit her lip and nodded tears welling in  her eyes.

“Not over till the fat lady sings huh? I get it. Encore it is!” She ran at the rock her fist pulled back as she ran into the rock full force. Something she was trained never to do or she’d break her hand, but this was a game after all.

Word count 171
ID# 95529 results: 6
HP 3 -1base = 2 (I'm still here don't think I'm done for yet human! Oh you're done for!)

“I’ll be the siren of the sea! ENCORE!” Reinka shouted. “Swift and the wind who flows like the water, drowning those in rain and melody. ENCORE!” She shouted.

Her strikes became as loud as the thunderclaps her screaming was almost silenced by the amount of force she used to punch the rock. The NPC stood there smoking with a knowing smirk. He was ready to pass down the skill. The sheepish lass he saw before seemed to finally show her teeth and that was important, and she showed her determination and care of what others thought. If this wasn’t human he wasn’t sure what human was, and maybe that’s the element the game couldn’t code. He wondered if these humans would win in the end. He laughed as that meant his own demise that he did not fear.

“Encore!” She shouted again as he fists went flying against the boulder in a blur there was no end to her swift punches now.

Word count 162
ID# 95530 results: 7
HP2 -1base = 1HP (Oh no....OH YES!.....And then she quit, NOT)

She jumped and then back flipped backwards and stared down the boulder as blue fragments were floating slowly off of it. She could see it only had one health left. The blue fragments sounded like chimes as they disappeared in the wind.

“I won’t be confound to a life of darkness anymore. This is my story. Written by me. Act one getting on your feet. You’re my conflict, and I’m about to bring this climax to a close. Thanks for the lesson though, but I think I can handle it from here.”

She pulled her fist back as she ran forwards. Was this the final strike or would it deceive her once again? She wasn’t sure but she couldn’t linger on that thought. She collided with the rock and turned her back to it looking at the fragments. She looked down at her hand and then the NPC. She couldn’t read his expression. Had the rock split from that last attack? She turned to look at boulder slowly.

Word count 168
ID# 95531 results: 3
HP 1 (Nenernenernener!)

“Do you think I’m downcast? Hmph how ridiculous.” She smiled and closed her eyes.

The NPC was confused. Maybe the player had lost her mind?

Reinka circled the rock her eyes showed controlled malice as each step seemed light but heavy as the ground beneath her feet moved on it’s own. She stood in front of the rock and looked at her nails for a moment.

“A good actress doesn’t let something as trivial as you rain on her parade you know.” She looked at the rock. “I want you to feel it. The simple pains of an actor, and then you will feel nothing. Nevermore.” She raised the back of her hand in a fist. “See this? Now play your roll. You’re going to break in half. That is your action, your motivation? Because if you don’t I’ll keep hitting you with everything I got.” She said calmly.” She pulled her fist back and it moved into a bear claw shape. She punched again with all her strength.

word count 169
ID# 95532 results: 4 (-2 eva still a hit)
Hp 1 - 1base = 0)

She felt it resist but soon the middle of rock broke apart in blue fragments and split down the middle. Then the rest of it had surrendered and exploded. Reinka smiled at the blue lights then turned towards the npc with a flip of her hair.

“Here I thought I was the amateur, but I guess the boulder didn’t know his lines either.” She stretched her arms and smiled at the old man. “Well I guess I did it, took me long enough don’t you think? Sorry for the wait, someone else can have a turn at finding themselves and motivation, I’ve got plenty now.” She was happy to get it over with, though now many more chapters in her life have been open to her. “I don’t know my lines or what to write but I’ll find my way. Thanks for this quest and can you do my a favor? This paint REEKS!” She shouted up at the sky.

The NPC laughed and went to get a wet washcloth. Reinka sat down as the NPC washed her face, clearing off the marks.
“Wait, just water but it rained last night?”
“This rag is rough after all, your pretty hands just rubbed the paint in.” he laughed rubbing.
“OUCH HEY THAT’S MY MONEY MAKER NOT SO HARD!”
“Ha!” He laughed rubbing the marks off her face.

Word count 226

Rewards
<<Martial Arts>> skill unlocked 
1sp
2sp for 2 completed posts
800 col for 2 completed pages

Edited by Reinka
forgot rewards posting quick