[PP - F02] Boulder Owed Us Some Money << Breaking the Unbreakable >>

Kairi had smiled when she had agreed to lead the way, however in her head she had needed her to lead the way, otherwise they would be going literally no where since Kairi had no idea where this would be. Following up behind her she had moved her arms back and forth as she had walked as she had looked around, it had definitely been a hot minute since the last time she had been on this floor and she had forgotten how the floor had looked a little bit so it was nice to see things again. However looking back forward to Hestia she had asked what she was going to do with the Martial Arts skill, Kairi had flashed a smile with a small giggle and said "Right now I don't have any form of plans for it, right now its just going to serve a good EXP gain for now as I want to continue on other building pathing and that my Two Handed Straight Sword skill has already been completed." she had informed her. Karona scuttling behind, however this time he had been following Kuro... maybe he wants to play?

@Hestia

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I nod my head in understanding at that knowing i had used this quest for the same thing. Just a nice little exp gain, and to have another quest checked off the list on my way towards the top of doing all the quests that would be available to me, and it was a rather nice way to do some questing by my lonesome to make sure nobody would worry about to me much back then. I smile a bit sadly at that fact of how much i did things by myself away from anybody else who could be of use making sure i don't do anything to recklessly. I look down to my fists and chuckles knowing Kairi is going to be disappointed with how much damage i can do beyond just the normal base. Since just having one rank into the skill probably won't do much more beyond just the single bit of damage. 'Well if anything it is better then nothing.' I think to myself as i travel through the town past the other people that inhabit this floor as NPCs as i make my way to exit the town towards the southern exit.

The next few moments were a little quiet, Hestia didn't respond at all to her comment saying that this would give her just a few EXP points, she had just looked back down to think for a little bit... she was getting pretty dang close to level 25 now, she was level 20 at the moment and she wouldn't assume it was going to take a while to fill the gaps, and she had design change ad she had hoped that the people that were around her would like the new look. She had just thought for a moment, it had seemed that Hestia had nothing really to talk about, however she had thought for a moment... Valentines was coming up, and they had a breakup just now, however she had wanted to ask if he had something planned for it, however... she didn't want to ask since she had thought it was weird for her ex to be asking what she was doing on Valentines day... it had just seemed a little too pushy or buggy.

@Hestia

I make my way out of the town and into the surrounding forest towards the mountain that is on the other side of the floor entirely as i can only hope that this doesn't become a long arduous journey of boredom. I look towards you and then asks. So then Ashley who will you be asking to make your gear? I am guessing it is going to be Macradon right? he is kinda the only blacksmith i know so i think he might be the only active one also. I say as i think on that not knowing any other blacksmiths really which makes me curious what other players are out their that could make some nice gear if Macradon ever disappears off the face of Aincrad. My familiar Kuro looks down to the small chest and tries to poke it with its paw to see what the creature would do. having noticed that its behavior was ever so slightly differently.

Kairi had looked around as they had walked through the forest, and it didn't seem very different from the previous forests that she had seen, kind of plain, but its not over the top or anything. However looking up towards Hestia she had asked who was going to be making her gear, Kairi had nervously chuckled and said rubbing the back of her head "Well, I don't really know where to go. However I suppose my default was to go to Macradon to get it done." however she had gained a curious look before saying out to her "W-wait why are you asking?" curiosity had struck her, she had just wondered why she had asked where she was going to get the gear. After a moment it had poked him with his paw, Karona had did a leap back and its giant tongue shot out panting then it had licked Kuro once before moving its one leg to poke him with its metallic leg.

@Hestia

I'm just asking out of curiosity really to see if you knew any other blacksmiths besides Macradon. I admit with a small shrug as i look to you as we continue moving through the forest. I am just curious to see how many professions have a sort of monopoly person that gets all the business since they are the only one that is the who works in that profession at the moment. I admit to you with a small shrug of my shoulders as i look towards you. So after you get towards tier two are you up for killing dragons then with Kimi, and maybe even Spencer so we can all try to improve ourselves through that quest. Since i'm certain you and kimi will be tier 3 or borderline that after DHA if we get lucky, and Spencer will probably get that tier 2. I say with a smile at the thought of what Kimi would probably identify as the guild children becoming stronger.

Kairi had heard her response when she had spoke out to her with a shrug, Kairi had shook her head and said to her "No, I have no idea who else would even be a Blacksmith, all I know is Macradon." she had confessed to Hestia. However there was another brief moment of silence, looking over to Karona she had seen him play around with Kuro a little bit, exchanging pokes and Karona even licking Kuro, Kairi had smiled... it was extremely nice and sweet to see her familiar act this way. After a moment she had heard Hestia speak up, Kairi's attention had then shifted to Hestia, and with a smile she had said to her "Oh! That sounds like fun! Like a guild training montage!" she had let out a giggle. She had liked the idea of that, not just her and Hestia growing stronger, the rest of the guild members that they had knew would grow even stronger along with them.

@Hestia

Yeah like a guild montage. I say with a small chuckle at the thought of that knowing it will be interesting to train along with the two other players. Especially since with myself, and two other DPS people it will be possible to deal devastating amount of damage to any of these enemies that could try to stop the four of us. Myself tanking the damage then possibly by the time it got past Kairi and Kimi it will be possibly to kill the dragons from just those two damages. I look towards my familiar that is enjoying itself by playing with the little mimic familiar by trying to mess with the creature. Just trying to bop it mainly and avoiding the licks as a form of exercise and training to try and move faster then it can currently. Kuro himself seemingly becoming stronger looking and from what you can tell faster also as i increase in level.  So how much longer do you think it will take for us to be ready for the frontlines? I ask the girl curiously at such a thought. Knowing it might be far away do to how impossible the stories seem to make them, but if what Jomei said is true then dying in the front lines is diffcult. The real danger is the players.

Kairi had giggled when she had done so, it was funny to think of it to be like a guild training montage, she didn't think of it to be a bad thing it would be a good way to grow stronger together rather than our loansomes and they could get to spent time together get to know each other, Kairi had shook at how much excitement was building up inside of her. Karona had moved forward to Kuro and moved its tongue as it had tried to continue to lick him, however he had kept missing... so he was determined to keep trying until he would succeed. Before long she had asked how long it would be before they would hit the frontlines, Kairi's head had looked down for a moment trying to think. She had thought... when would she reach a point of that? Seemingly, she thinks that she would NEVER reach to that point, however she had looked a little uncomfortable as she had placed a hand on her right shoulder saying out to Hestia "I-I don't know, I don't think I'll ever reach to that point."'

@Hestia

Well let me tell you that i'm sure we'll both become frontlines sooner rather then later as long as we continue to work together. Since it seems we've been making quick work of levels ever since we started this tag duo of sorts you know. I say with a small chuckle escaping my lips not taking notice of the very tall mountain slowing forming and taking shape at the edge of what our vision will allow. Making it have that darkened hazy look to it from this point. My familiar seeing the mountain and letting out a grumble in disappointment at having to go back there itself. Remembering that it was quite bored just watching me punch the thing from noon till sunset since i was by myself. It then looks back to Karona and continues dodging its tongue with difficult since they are in a forest and he is a very large creature. Which means maneuverability isn't his specialty in this case.

Kairi had shook her head hearing Hestia say out to her, it wasn't again that she doesn't believe her, its just she feels as though she didn't have enough knowledge over combat or battle formations, Kairi had said out to her "For me, I have a long while before I can even think about joining at the moment. I still have way too much to learn right now." she had placed a hand behind her head nervously chuckling. After a moment she had seen a mountain in the distance, she had blinked a few times... was that the mountain that she was taking her to? She had wondered however after a moment Kairi had looked over to Hestia and asked her "Is that the mountain we will be climbing? That seems like an awfully large mountain to be climbing in my opinion." she had said with a little bit of laziness getting to her.

@Hestia

Well even if it a large mountain, and trust me it is. It isn't that bad after a little bit once you get use to the steep hike upwards. It isn't that bad trust me and if anything it will help you with gaining some non-laziness. I say with a small smile on my face as i give you a pat on the back knowing it is going to be a annoying climb upwards,but one that will be definitely worth it in the very end. The mountain continues to come closer and closer into view as it eventually reveals its true size as i then lead you to where the trail begins to start going upwards towards the very top of the mountain. I look up towards it with a small glare at it knowing this will be a long and annoying climb once more like it was last i climbed it. With a sigh of defeat i start the arduous climb upwards as Kuro flies not being bothered by this at all as i glare at Kuro for having that wonderful ability of flying.

Kairi had jokingly slumped her arms forward, she had knew what she had signed up for however climbing a seriously high mountain... almost doesn't seem worth it in the slightest. However she had placed a smile on her face and said to her "Well... as long as we get stuff done and I get some easy SP, I will be fine." she had continued to move along with her. With every step it had seemed that the mountain was coming closer and closer into view, and before long they had began to go onto the path upwards on the mountain. Kairi had let out a sigh and thought to herself "Well... here goes the climb upwards, its gonna be hard, however... I have to do this, no turning back now." she had looked over to Hestia and saw that she had a small glare, then looked at Kuro... it had seemed that both Hestia and Kuro didn't like to see this sort of mountain, however Kairi wasn't going to give up and just follow up behind.

@Hestia

I continue walking along the path up the mountain as it slowly becomes more and more sloped upwards making the climb increasingly more difficult until it practically feels like it is a almost perfect ninety degree climb. However, it then stops leveling off into a flat top that i eagerly crash down onto feeling utterly exhausted as i lazily open up a inventory and takes out a ice cold water and starts slowly drinking it. Taking my time to not end up choking on water from trying to drink it while getting my breathing under control the enter time. I glance towards you to see how you are doing as my familiar is already up on a nice flat rock resting with a cocky little grin from not being exhausted at all from having flown all the way up here. However, our rest is quickly interrupted by a middle age man with whisker marks coming towards us. Greetings traveler i have heard that you have come this way to seek the knowledge of hand to hand combat. Is this true? The man asks you.

The climb up the mountain was a little brutal, almost at a perfect ninety degree climb... she had looked behind her to see if Karona had been around... however, she didn't see him at all, she had wondered where he could possibly run off to. Opening up her inventory to see if he's still okay, she had seen that his HP bar was fine and was nearby. Kairi was a little confused, however as they had made it to a flat surface she had had looked over to Hestia which looked like she had desperately needed water and air, however... Kairi had felt a little fine, just a little winded was all. However looking over Karona had scuttled to her, Kairi's eyes had widened as she had said to him "H-how'd did you get here?!" she was utterly shocked she had thought that slope would be too much for the poor thing... however after a moment she had seen a middle age man come towards them asking if they had asked to see the knowledge of hand to hand combat, Kairi had stepped forward and said to him "My sister had already acquired the knowledge, however I am looking for the knowledge of hand to hand combat."

@Hestia

The man nods his head and takes out some clay and wipes it onto his fingers, and after that he wipes his fingers along your cheeks creating three lines similar to his whisker marks and then nods to you. he then starts leading you towards the boulder as i slowly get up from the ground with a groan as i then follow after you. That steep climb having been a utter annoyance, and rather exhausting since it was long and very steep. When they get towards the boulder the man nods his head towards you. Now young lady you will punch this boulder till gain knowledge and wisdom of how to fight. To break that barrier of being afraid of punching something, and to strengthen you will and strength with combat. he says with a bow and then heads off towards his little hut that is dub into the mountain. I then nod towards you as i take a deep breathe as i look at the boulder. Welp time to punch a boulder finally. I say as i look at the giant thing. Remembering only the bad times with this.

Kairi was a little shocked at what was to come next, the man had taken out a piece of clay and drew whiskers onto her face, Kairi had looked from side to side however he had let him do it... she had just thought that it was a part of a quest. However afterwards Kairi had opened her inventory to bring out a hand mirror and looked into it... she had looked very... catlike with the whiskers, Kairi had giggled a little bit at the sight of it. And after a moment she was guided to the boulder and was told to basically break the boulder to strengthen her, Kairi had looked up to the man and looked back to the boulder with a nod of her head. However after a moment she had looked over to Hestia that had said it was time to punch a boulder, Kairi didn't feel too confident when she had said that she only had bad memories with this boulder, she had taken a moment to battle off the thoughts and breathe in and out.

-----
Kairi - HP:
400/400 - EN: 40/40 - DMG: 2
Hestia - HP: ???/??? - EN: ??/?? - DMG: ?
Boulder - HP: 50/50 - EVA: -2

I look at the boulder with a calming breathe as i prepare myself for the worst time ever through this silently wishing there was a better martial arts user to help out with this, but sadly there is only me to punch this thing alongside you as i take a calming breathe and then tries to strike it for the first time. I take a stance and takes a calming breathe I then quickly punch the boulder as hard as i can as it cracks from the punch hitting the boulder as it cracks from where i had punched it. I then slowly open my eyes and see it actually break a little bit at that as i smile very happily at seeing that happen. I then look to you with a grin. Seems like the game is taking pity on me for having to do this again for my first punch. I say jokingly with a chuckle as my familiar just watches in absolute amusement of what is happening once more.

#96351 BD:10   1+3(rank 1)+2=6 DMG

Kairi - HP: 400/400 - EN: 40/40 - DMG: 1? (how did you get 2. You have base of one)
Hestia - HP: 870/870 - EN: 84/84 - DMG: 4
Boulder - HP: 44/50 - EVA: -2

Before Kairi could really strike first, she had opened her eyes to see Hestia strike against the boulder, Kairi had looked at the boulder and saw its HP drop by an inch. Kairi had looked at it with a somewhat "are you serious?" look before shaking her head "Come on Ashley, its meant to be hard for a reason it is to test my strengths and to show that I am able to break even stone." she had taken one more deep breath and with one movement she had moved one fist into the air and slammed it down onto the boulder, Kairi had looked over and its HP had went down only by like a very small amount. Kairi had let out a disappointed sigh and said "I would like to go back to using my two handed straight sword please." she had complained. However eventually she had just shook it off and got back on track.

-----
ID:
96352 - BD: 7+2+2=11 [Non-Crit]

Kairi - HP: 400/400 - EN: 40/40 - DMG: 2 (i got it from my familiar)
Boulder - HP: 42/50 - EVA: -2

I look at the boulder with a glare as i take a deep long breathe in as i prepare to punch the living daylights out of the thing. I move my fist back as i can only hope this goes by quickly. Remembering how took almost a quarter of the day away when attempting it solo. I go to punch the boulder as i manage to do so,but instead of anything happen the boulder takes no damage at all as i sigh sadly at that. I look towards you with a blank look as i gesture to the unmarked spot where i had punched. This, This right right is why i think this quest could be a subtle way for Kayaba actually torturing us with things like this. Just painful quests like these where i can punch a boulder but no do any damage at all to it annoy me. I say with a glare at the hunk of rock.

#96354  BD:3+2=5

Kairi - HP: 400/400 - EN: 40/40 - DMG: 2
Boulder - HP: 42/50 - EVA: -2