[PP-F1] Can't We Skip these Tutorials?! <<The first few lessons are free>>

Core was walking down the road toward the first quest, he had been playing MMOs for a long time, he figure it would be some random tutorial quest. He like Sci-fi based MMOs more then fantasy, he like mysterys though, like trying to find out what this quest was all about, anything to satisfy his boredom. He was currently wearing his Armored Trench Coat and Suit. He continued walking. His destination was just ahead, he wasn't currently traveling with anyone. He approached the building, it looked old but durable. He stopped right underneath the open front door's frame, and stared at it, examining it. He pressed his ear up against it. Everything sounded slightly muffled through the mask. He gave the wooden frame a few knocks, it a sound as well as a "Immortal Object" back. It seemed so realistic, not a single glitch, not one. He smiled. Then he walked inside the structure...

@Illiure

Edited by Core XI

Illiure's hooded figure took small steps toward a small building. She hoped that she would get some useful quests on the first floor and narrowed them down to this one. This better be worth it. She thought bitterly as she bit her lip. Her face still hooded of any expression as her strides were merely a foot or less long. Her cyan gaze flickered to the building in front of her. Antique. Was her choice of words for this, considering the buildings old frame and shape. Her eyes narrowed back to the front entrance, not very appealing to the eye, but she did find some what beauty in it. Why am I thinking this, this world is all fake. She gave herself a mental slap and with a sigh, walked into the tattered building.

@Core XI

Edited by Illiure

Core didn't hear anyone walking in, he currently had his ear up against the wall, testing to see how real this games sounds really are. Core saw who it was, it was a teenage girl, with, bright cyan eyes? Thats something you dont see every day. She looked to be wearing standard clothes, Core on the other hand was wearing a Trench Coat with armor under it. He still had his head up against the wall. He quickly lifted his head and proceeded to the NPC questgiver Mc-whats-his-face. Once inside the old building, he examined the interior, it was well decorated with shelf upon shelf of potions and alchemy equipment.  Impressive.  He said outloud, he walked up to the questgiver, who then told him to get some 10ish T1 Mats for him. He turned around swiftly, but was startled to see that the young woman he say outside had made her way into the building...

@Illiure

Illiure looked around the interior, her eyes narrowed to the two people in the room, an NPC, and a player. Please don't tell me I gave to interact with people. She sighed and walked over to the NPC, trying to ignore the player staring at her. She flickered her eyes at the NPC, an old man with long white hair and and an equally matching beard. "Hello," she spoke almost audibly so that the person behind her couldn't hear what she was saying.

"Hello hello! What brings you to my humble little workshop?" he said in a jolly tone that reminded her of Santa. Are all NPC's this happy? She thought but regained her focus on the old man.

"I would like to take the quest called 'The First Few Lesson are Free'?"  she sighed, disappointed on how much she had to talk to get a simple quest from an NPCI hope this quest is worth it.. she narrowed her eyes at the boy behind her, still staring at her. What's this guys problem? she thought grimly.

"Yes yes! That quest!" the craftsman remarked with a warm tone. "I'll need you to get 5 Teir Materials for me and help me make a potion after words, yes yes?" he said raising his hand up to a few potions stocked on shelves around the workshop. Their colors were vivid and variant which only made Illiure wonder. What do some of these potions do..?

"Alright," Illiure nodded and accepted the quest, making her quest option pop up, the only one was labeled, 'The First Few lessons are Free.' She spun around only to be facing the same boy again. 

@Core XI

Edited by Illiure

Core noticed he was looking for to long, he couldn't stop stareing, I mean really, how has bright blue eyes? Fascinating... He looked back at the shelves of potions and alchemy related item, only realizing he had said that outloud. Maybe she won't notice? Core walked back to the front door. Ok, so where to go to get some T1 Mats... Hmm... T1 Mats are ussally found in the wilderness... *snaps fingers* forests! Core quickly brgan running toward the exit to the town of new beginnings. Running into pretty much everything and everyone, commenting with: Forest! Herbs! Materials! as if he were insane. Once he got outside, he noticed there wasn't a forest for miles. This might take a while...

Edited by Core XI

Illiure, raised and awkward eyebrow as the player snapped his fingers and ran outside. Well isn't that weird.. She thought, crossing her arms. She sighed and exited, her hood wavering in the slight wind that echoed through the town. She slowly made her way through the crowds of NPC's and players to the exit of the large town. He isn't wrong, the forest should have an abundance of materials for this quest. She thought while weaving through the crowds of people. Soon enough she made it to the exit of town, and there he was, the same guy from the workshop. She sighed and continued to walk away from the confused player, her cloak swaying with the breeze.

@Core XI

Edited by Illiure

Core notice the same exact girl, most likely coincidence. Well... Core said outloud. ...I wonder if this still works. He went to the side of the dirt road, and stuck out his thumb facing up. He figured it was worth a shot. He stood there for a minute before a player with a horse trotted  up to him. Need a ride? The rider spoke. Core was amazed, it actually worked! Yes, please! Core was about to mount the horse when he saw the girl in the corner of his eye. Maybe they were going to the same place? If she was at the questgiver. Maybe she was trying to get to the forest. Hey! Um, I may have noticed that you were at the questgivers alchemy workshop and I wanted to ask... are you heading towards the forest by chance? Just past the girl's head, Core thought he saw a bush, one of the bush specimens that have a type of herb that ussally grows on it. Looks like it was already picked. I don't have all day! Shouted the horse rider. Right you are sir! Core said back. Anywho...

Spoiler

ID# 95735 results:

Loot: 8

Fail

@Illiure

Illiure cocked her head but reluctantly nodded her head. "Yes," her tone soft but stoic. She eyed the horse rider, her cyan gaze shot daggers at him for being so rude. People these days... she said in her head with annoyance. She looked at Core who was staring over head, she raised and eyebrow and turned her head. There stood a bush, it's contents already stripped from it's stalky branches. Guess someone was already here.. She pouted angrily. "There goes my quest..."  she muttered and turned her head back to Core. "Why do you ask?" she narrowed her eyes at the player. Her bright blue eyes wavering to the green diamond above him.

He was just at the craft mans shop... he probably has the same quest as me.. she crossed her arms, knowing that she might have to compete with him for the materials. It'll all be fine if he doesn't get in my way..

@Core XI

Edited by Illiure

Well, thats quite simple actually. You see, I know I saw you back at the workshop. And it only takes common sense to figure out where you were going. He stated briefly. ...and if you're going to the same place as me then you could catch a ride. Core looked a the girl. He thought to himself, I'm gonna have to ask about them eventually. The horse rider seemed impatient, he started to tap on his risk, ussally this means check the time, in this case, it meant he was running out of patience. Core notice his gesture. Yeah yeah yeah, hold on. He quickly responded. Core looked back at the girl, she looked about his age, about. Core turned around, looking at the horse rider. Have room for two passengers? The rider nodded.

@Illiure

Edited by Core XI

Allure sighed. "Yes, I saw you too.. and yes I would like to.. catch a ride," she muttered just loud enough for him to hear. She sighed, knowing that she was going to have to finish this quest sooner or later and it was a good chance to finish it earlier. But I'd have to go with.. him.. she said looking at Core, she sighed and waited him to mount the horse.. This so embarrassing.. she pouted miserably, whats my life coming to.. She looked up at Core. "You first.." she puffed. She tugged her hood down and looked at the dirt ground. Her cyan gaze was clouded with mixed emotions but she inhaled a cloud of air and continued looking down at her feet. 

Please lets just get this quest over with so I don't have to be around you anymore. she bit her lip as she thought of it, not wanting to be rude and anything. I won't want to compete with you for materials either, but if i have to, I will.she thought in her head, but her eyes expressed what she was really feeling.

@Core XI

Edited by Illiure

Alright, lets go. Core mounted the horse and held a hand out for the Girl. She looked irradiated. As if something were bothering her. She had her hood down, but Core was fairly good at reading people. He thought to himself, I'll as her later, after we get to the forest. After the girl mounted the horse, they rode toward the forest, Core couldn't tell for sure, but they were approaching fast.

After arriving at the forest the rider rode off with a fairwell. Core waved back. So, do you wanna work together to get this quest done? I've heard from a somewhat reliable source that quests seem faster with multiple people. Core was not facing the girls direction, he thought he saw another herb bush. No... He thought to himself ...Not the right bush. Core turned back around to face the girl. 

Spoiler

ID 95805 Loot = 13 Fail- SO CLOSE

@Illiure

Edited by Core XI

Say no, say no, say no, say no! "Sure" she said, widening her eyes and giving herself a mental slap. Why did I do that?! She thought angrily, why did I say yessss"I-I want this quest to go faster anyways," she said quickly, stuttering on the first few words. She said looking behind her to find te town fading away. I regret what I've done in the past 5 minutes.. she thought sadly. She held on to the horse tightly, hoping never to let go. So stupid! she thought to herself giving her forehead a face palm.

She gazed around the landscape as she rode, her eyes glossy from the sun. Fake.. she thought while looking at the blue rich sky and the green of the plants and grass. Fake but beautiful.. she sighed giving in to the landscape. This game would've been so successful if he didn't made it a living hell..

@Core XI

Core noticed that she was hesitating for a second. Strange... Core thought to himself. We're here! The rider said. Core smiled in response, Thanks! Have a good one! He turned around to the girl. Her face had the expression of a person that doesn't want to be here, that plus irritation. Ok... Im only gonna ask once... What's wrong, well, other then the fact we are trapped in this death game. He asked, he wasn't quites sure of what the problem was, he needed clarification. In case he was wrong about why she was irradiated. He turned around waiting for a response.

@Illiure

Edited by Core XI

She slid off the horse. "Nothing's wrong," she said with dead eyes. He's says it like being in a death game is no big deal. She scoffed. I thought it would be obvious I'm not a social butterfly. she narrowed her eye at the vast terrain. This place looks like a good area to gather for materials.. she thought, and sighed in relief. 

Maybe I could get some actual work done today.. she thought coldly, I haven't been doing anything for a while.. She turned to him "Nothing's wrong.." she cleared her throat and started walking to look for materials, hoping that he would catch her cue and follow. Her eyes darted back and forth to see if she could find anything useful. She spotted a small bush in the distance and walked slightly faster to see its contents. Maybe something over here will be useful for this quest.. She thought as she edged closer and closer to the bush, her cloak flowing behind her.

@Core XI

Edited by Illiure

She seemed quiet, looks like she isn't the social type. Yeah yeah, sure, I believe you. I just had a feeling... Core knew she was lying. He had a great sense of reading others. Which is why he hadn't made many friends since the beginning. He either didn't trust them, or they didn't trust him. Either way, Core had a feeling he could trust the Girl, she didn't seem like a violent type. May I ask you name? Core said suspiciously. Oh, yeah, by the way, I'm Core. He then noticed that she was moving toward a bush. It was a  bush with herbs on it. Way to go! You found one! Core smiled a little. Lemme get that for you. Core walked over and picked the bush, then chucked the small fruit her direction. She caught it. Alright good work, we have around 19 to go total. He turned around and began walking towards some dense shrubbery. ...and I know just where to look.

Spoiler

ID# 95811 results:

Loot: 16.    Success! 

@Illiure

Edited by Core XI

Allure nodded as she snatched up a few berries that were thrown to her. "Thanks.. and it's Illiure.." she raised an eyebrow at him as he dove into the thick overgrowth. Ah, guess I've got no choice.. she sighed and followed him into the shrubs. She bit help lip as a few twigs and branches poked her from the sides butte ignored it and kept of treading.  Ugh.. theres so much overgrowth its starting to overwhelm me. she thought as her boots crunched on several sticks and leaves. 

"Where are we going..?" her voice was as loud as a whisper. No seriously, where are going. Im confused.. She wanted to say but she kept on following Core. Maybe he knows this area better than I do? she sighed questionably, hoping that the boy wasn't crazy and leading her to her death. One down.. four to go.. she thought as she weaved through the forest.

@Core XI

Spoiler

ID : 95816

Loot : 6, Success!

Edited by Illiure

...and here we are! He shouted dramatically as they entered a clearing. I came past here once, I wanted to check it out, explore, you know? He looked around, impressed, there was several bushes in the clearing. Easy Pickings. He sounded proud of what he had found then forgotten, then found agian. Speaking of easy pickings... Nope, nevermind. He thought he had seen a small berry plant next to his right foot, but it was just a small twig plant. Over here maybe? He wandered through the grass over to a large bush. Again, nothing... Core was slightly disappointed by his luck so far. He facepalmed. This, this is why no one can have nice things... 

Spoiler
95820 5 8 14 9 Core XI Msg_hover2.png   2018-02-12 19:18:57
95819 1 11 13 8 Core XI Msg_hover2.png Gathering T1 Mats

FAIL ON BOTHS ROLLS

@Illiure

Illiure warily entered the clearing. A grunt of relief once she knew it was safe. I better not see any monsters pop out from nowhere. She sighed and looked around the clearing, her hood bobbing on top of her head while she gazed around with slightly wide eyes. She spotted a small glimmer of something up on a tree. Material? was all that popped up in her head. She edged closer to the tree. She gave a disappointed roll of her eyes as it was only the sun that shone through the leaves of the trees. "I can't find anything," she muttered just loud enough for the other player to hear.

It's empty here.. she thought with a resigned expression. Her heels brought her around the clearing, hoping to find something of use. Only things of uninterested appeared in the grassy area, such as brightly colored wildflowers and leaves. Useless, just useless. she thought grimly as she kept searching for more supplies.

@Core XI

Yeah, me neither. Core said, striking glaces in certain areas items might appear. Wait, is that... Core walked over to a bush, crouched beside it. Then stuck his hand deep into the bush, he began feeling around. He grabed a hard object, he tugged it, and it came loose. Well, what's this? He said tapping on the object, a menu appeared. This is literally a giant nut. He said having the item disappear into his inventory. Three down, seven to go. He stood back up. So, what do you think of the environment, is it realistic enough for you? He said looking toward the edge of the clearing. It looked impressive, must have been difficult to create. So many workers had to make it a reality, a virtual reality that is, unfortunately, I'd bet they didn't know that their research would go to something as cruel as a death game.

Spoiler

ID# 95893 Results:

Loot: 18

@Illiure

Illiure shrugged. "Realistic or not, we're stuck here," she said bluntly, giving a dejected sigh after words. Ignoring the conversation, she crouched next to a small plant, t was blooming some sort of violet blue flower. She cocked her head to the side and picked up the flower, I guess this could work. She thought and placed it in her inventory. She jumped up and looked around her surroundings, it was very surreal and peaceful, almost as if the world was real. Her sleeves wavered as she gave a small inhale, taking in as much as she can. After a few moments she exhaled and continued searching.

I guess it is sorta realistic.. she thought as her concentration wavered around the clearing. She shook her head and kept on searching. I cant think lie that. Remember. I. Am. Stuck. Here.

@Core XI