{PP-F21/2} Love is Patient. Hate is Swift - Hestia and Myself

For the past three days he had been working on training Raven.  The girl who was calling herself Crow thinking that nobody knew her real name.  When Domarus found the girl she was almost killed by monsters and was terrified to fight them.  She was weak...  Yet at the same time she wasn't.  She was ignorant and naive, but she learned quickly.  She even acknowledged that she could indeed be among the crowd of stupid players in this world, which was proof that she was not.  For the past three days he had put her though a list of exercises for the body, and practices that would train her mind in patience, observance, processing data quickly and efficiently, as well as knowing what to say and do in certain situations.  He'd also been having her read about her weapon and learn how it was to be used.  That was days one through two.  The second day he had her read and practice forms in the air, then on dummies he built.  Today was no different.  He was watching her practice with her weapon, always pointing out flaws in the techniques, where she was leaving herself open, when she used too much energy and when she used too little.  When her strikes were too light, when they were too heavy.  He held back no criticism, determined to root out any and all errors.  At the same time he intended to get her a familiar, but only after she knew the truth about the world, and about strength in general.

"Alright that's enough for today.  Take a break for now and we'll move to the next lesson later."  He tossed her a wet hand towel to her, careful not to break her.  She wasn't like Sakoda, she didn't have a defiant attitude that needed crushing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

Azrael.jpg.e3a6c2384c0258221dba35b2f55b9001.jpg

Azrael moved silently across the cavernous twenty first floor.  Even with the echo of the caves there was not a sound that emerged from Azrael.  Her footsteps were soft and light as she moved across the floor.  Her feathered wings didn't allow her to fly, but were also a part of her outfit that she got from a monster.  On her hip was a sheathed rapier as she leaned down to collect another material she had spotted.  She didn't rush everywhere looking for materials despite that she had no points in searching.  She took her time, picking one up where she saw them and adding them to the collection.  She'd been collecting all day and so far it was rewarding.  She was sent to gather materials for both crafting, purchasing and trading purposes, as the Red Claw needed supplies and they needed them as allies.  Technically they were allied with Chaos, but Chaos and Fearx were working together now and thus any allies of Chaos were allies of them...  Fearx.  The man was conflicted even if he didn't see it.  She had seen it but it was not yet time to speak with him about it...

@Hestia

Raven worked as hard as Domarus had pushed her. Making sure to get it her all, and trying to fix her errors as best as she could with every strike of her fist against the dummy that was built. Not having any problem striking the creation that didn't breathe or move. Practicing her strikes against it be it fist, elbow, kicks, kneeing. She practiced as much as she could that be from martial arts under Domarus' guidance, and she did her best to try and meet the expectations that she doesn't even know. Just assuming they are high, and trying to reach those at the pace Domarus sets for her. When the word break was said she stopped her punch halfway, and then relaxes having worked up a sweat as she quickly takes the wet towel, and starts to do her best to get herself cleaned up. She smiles glad to be much more fit from what she can tell, but that is hard since this is game where the models don't change. At the very least she does have more energy then she did before, so she is able to participate in a fight much longer. She smiles as she glances ever so slightly at Domarus. Feeling very thankful he has helped her out this much already. what is the next lesson by the way sir? Will it be more fighting, or will it be trying to make sure i don't panic as easily, or something else? She asks preferring to know the answers to try and adequately prepare herself for what could be coming up. The childlike curiosity of just knowing for knowing already replaced for information retainment to have at her disposal for later use, and preparation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I smile as i look around the twenty first floor remembering the last time i was here for a nice hotspring bath which was pretty comfortable all things considered. With that i walk through the town knowing that isn't the reason i am here right now. I glance at my level as i nod my head. Knowing i am closing in on tier two, and i will need the materials for that when i come to buy my equipment. Not wishing to wait all that long, so i can get my tier three armor, and such crafted now so i can wear it right away when i need it. Preferring to not have to wait like i did the first time. I smile at that thought of having my gear, but that does leave me with wondering what will be my gear and equipment for when i hit tier 3? What image will i be going for that can inspire the people around me. To know that a member of the HDA is there to help them. I sigh softly knowing i have lots to think about in that regard, and at the very least have some time to think on this.

I walk out of the town alongside my familiar with myself clothed in my LD armor, and having my weapons out so i can defend myself encase a enemy appears. I look around the ground, and smiles as i pick up a small lump of ore as i take that knowing it will be useful for a blacksmith to make later.

(LD cloak +3 LD)

#95700 LD:14+3=17  T3 Mat found

@Domarus

Domarus watched as she began to wipe the sweat off of her, but was mainly focused on Rhozarth who was descending now.  That meant that Keres would be here soon.  Even though Raven was staying with them at the shop, she had never seen Keres.  Keres had mainly been in her alchemy workshop, though not actually crafting anything.  She gave up after she found out that she couldn't make potions that messed with the mind or turned off the pain receptors.  It wasn't worth it to her, not in the least.  Domarus heard Raven speak and sighed before turning to her.

"I told you not to call me sir," he said.  Though he was planning for her to one day call him master.

"And you'll see soon enough."  At this point she should hear those words and think two things:  One being patience.  The other being to figure it out on her own.  She wouldn't survive if she had to ask everything of everyone.  She needed to learn how to discover what was going on without asking anyone, as if she was on recon or undercover, it would be something that would blow her cover.  That and if she could learn on her own then she would be another step above the weak and stupid.  And if she was to be with him then she would be far above the idiots.  Of course she was nearly ready for him to introduce her to the guild, and vice versa, despite it's pathetically small size.  Rhozarth turned and looked at Raven, not as harshly as he had once done on the first day, but didn't show any sort of respect to her either.  To him, she was still beneath him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

5a8095ddd3575_RavenFamiliar.jpg.f2fdf0f7673ad64c5cfc14e95cbd3bc8.jpg

Azrael continued to walk across the floor in silent meditation.  That is until her familiar glided down with a cry.  She turned to look at Archer as he landed on her left arm.  The bird gave out two sounds one after another.  Two meant someone near, and his eyes were never wrong.  She scanned the area for someone and spotted a woman walking around.  More than likely she was looking for materials same as her.  If that were true they could join forces and hopefully increase the amount of materials they'd find.  She strokes Archer's back for a moment before sending him into the air again.  Archer would spend the remaining time flying overhead unless ordered otherwise.  She altered her course and gradually closed the distance between the two players.  She did this by heading in the same direction as the woman, not heading directly towards her but allowing time to do the work for her.

@Hestia

Oh right sorry Domarus. Raven says with a nod of her head and a blush of embarrassment, and at hearing the words she nods her head. She glances at the dragon and doesn't remember where it went before it came to here, but knows enough to know that means something is about to happen. Especially since it seems like the two of them are waiting which might mean a person is coming or a enemy is coming. Either way it might be best to expect the worst, and be ready to fight encase this is a test in combat. She nods her head at her assessment thinking it is best for now, and tries to look just relaxed and casual. When in reality she is ready to spring into action at a moment's notice as she waits for the who or what to show up. She glances around the area to make sure she doesn't get sneaked up on. Just practicing some basic safety that can be used when out in the wilderness to avoid being killed, and to make sure her senses stay sharp to every little thing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I continue walking through the twenty first floor at a relaxed pace just enjoying the new sights that i am seeing from this cave that seems to have a artificial light thing going on from all the different crystals, rocks, and plant life that seem to produce it. A rather nice touch for certain to make it so players don't smack into something every few minutes which would definitely start hurting immensely at some point. I look towards my familiar my wonderful large dog sized lion with wings who is enjoying the new scenery most likely because the cave at least keeps everything semi-cool for him.  However, at some point i do notice him getting more prepared as if he is hearing something, but can't pick it up exactly since it is a big cave system which could allow echoes to carry for a good distance. I try to look around the area to spot where my familiar's distress is coming from.

#95702 LD:7+3=10

Domarus nodded as she acknowledged his words, and even blushed.  She didn't have the same appearance as Esther, but she could appear cute when she was like this.  He shrugged off the thought as quickly as it came, choosing to stay in his mentor mode, as well as focused on his real goal:  Domination of not just her mind, but her soul as well.  And next would be her sister.  He mentally grinned at the thought of growing an army swiftly using this method.  Taking one player, then their family.  Then friends.  Then their friend's friends.  He would have Aincrad in his control soon enough.  Guilds would fall, allowing him to rise up.  He would rule Aincrad.  Domarus began to walk away.

"Follow me.  We'll walk to the next lesson ok?  Walk the pain off, don't stop and wait for it to end."  After all, it never will.  They walked a fairly good distance before Rhozarth growled a little, letting him know that Keres was almost here.  Domarus turned to look at Raven.

"Erm, there's something I had forgotten to mention.  I have a...  Well a friend/servant.  A while ago she had begged me the entire day to make me her master and, despite the fact that it was a bit disturbing of a thought, I accepted...  So try not to freak out too much when you do see her ok?"  They would walk a good amount of time before Keres would appear.  When she did so, it was behind Raven and completely undetected as well.

"Good afternoon Master~  May I ask who this is?"  When Raven turned around she would see Keres, brown hair and wearing a maid's outfit with a rather cute smile.  Behind that smile however was a mind thinking of ways to make Raven embarrassed so she could see emotional reaction.

"Raven this is Keres and her familiar Porvós.  Keres, this is Raven my..  Apprentice, I guess?"  Porvós, the fiery snake, moved, uncoiling from it's resting spot on Keres and stretched it's head out to greet Raven.

Azrael was silent as usual, the distance between the two players closing more quickly now as they approached the same cluster of materials.  Pretty soon they would run into one another.  Archer was watching Kuro carefully before landing on a very very tall cliffside to rest.  Soon enough Raven was close enough to see the details of the woman.  She had blue eyes, dark brown hair, a cloak that was not at all designed to keep her hidden, but rather drew attention to her.  She also had a familiar, one that looked like a white griffon.  In fact, judging by the cloak's design and the familiar she had, she was a fan of Greek Mythology.  This information was noted as she believed Joan mentioned someone  she met on the Greek floor.  Of course it could easily be someone different.  She would know in time.  Azrael stopped before she reached the material and looked at the woman calmly.  "Hello there.  I didn't realize others were gathering materials as well."

@Hestia

At being asked to move ahead she nods and follows you towards wherever this next lesson is, but keeps her guard up encase this could end with a surprise attack of some kind. Knowing it will be unlikely that a player will hit her since that will change their cursor to orange, and not many are willing to accept that since it comes with nobody trusting you at all. Eventually the little dragon growls, and then Domarus tells her about some kind of servant girl. A thought that really is disturbing for her to believe, but Domarus does mention something about the strong a few times here and there. Does these two things somehow mix together? She wonders to herself as she walks with Domarus, and then suddenly hears a voice behind her as she quickly goes for a strike. Before the hit can happen though she forces herself to stop the words catching up to her mind as she backs away from the maid girl. 'Okay this is keres.' She thinks to herself as she looks at the girl in a weird maid outfit also. At hearing a familiar she look sand sees a little snake as she then looks to Domarus' dragon. Huh reptile things. Are you two trying to make a point reptiles are superior in some way? She asks innocently to the two knowing that a dragon is kind of reptile like possibly, and a snake is definitely a reptile. She then pauses realizing something. 'He knows my name! Oh come on way to go Raven.' She thinks to herself, and resists the urge to pout visibly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I look over at the woman with a perplexed look at her weird design of outfit. 'Wings? black and white. Kinda reminds me of Fearx but if he had a color swap...and a gender swap.' I think to myself with a amused smile appearing on my face to compensate for not being able to chuckle openly at those thoughts. Yeah i'm gathering materials out here since i am approaching tier three, so gathering what i can right now would be useful in preparation for that. By the way my name is Hestia what is your name? She asks curiously to the girl near her. Kuro sniffing the girl, and seeming to be on edge for some reason as i look down at him confused. What is wrong Kuro? I ask curiously as i get onto one knee and whispers softly to him. I know her outfit is kinda like Fearx's in terms of wings, but that is about it. I'm sure it is nothing. Now relax okay. I say as Kuro just grumbles softly as i pat his head then get back onto my feet. I'm sorry about that Kuro can be a bit much at times if he smells something off or if something visually reminds him of something. I say trying to play it off.

#95703  LD:9+3=12

@Domarus

Keres bowed to Raven when the greeting was done.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mistress Raven."  Domarus listened as Raven asked about the familiars, and also noticed her reaction when he spoke her real name.  He chuckled and patted her shoulder.

"Don't worry Raven, we won't tell anyone else your real name.  You just have to be more careful in the future.  And from what I'm seeing, you won't make the same mistake twice.  You truly are improving swiftly Raven.  I'm impressed.  And as for the familiar's, not really.  I was looking for a familiar on the ninth floor and ran into Rhozarth and a massive flaming snake.  In the end, the snake died, but I managed to fight Rhozarth and tamed him.  Along the way back, we ran into the snake's nest where one of the eggs hatched.  Keres decided to tame it and now it's hers, though it's not a familiar class like Rhozarth."  He smiled to her.

"At any rate, don't let our choice in familiar's change what you desire.  Your familiar should match your personality and tastes.  I enjoy fantasy creatures, and I respect strength.  So a dragon was perfect for me.  Keres here lacks the strength or skill for direct combat, so she's been practicing her eyes and stealth capabilities, and thus Porvós being a stealth like creature is a better fit for her."

The woman seemed intrigued by the wings, and it wasn't much of a surprise.  Her wings shifted, both of them in equal lighting revealing that they were both dark gray wings, not a black and white wing.  The lighting made it look like two different colors was all.  Hestia.  Yes this was the individual Joan had reported seeing.  The one who was struggling with trust, accusations, and suspicion without reason.  Azrael nodded to her.  "I understand.  It is a pleasure to meet you Hestia.  My name is Azrael."  Now that she thought about it, this woman was someone that Fearx said he had encountered.  And from what he says, she wasn't a big fan of him.  She'd need to pretend she has no allegiance to the man.  She then watched as Hestia's familiar began taking in her scent, and decided he didn't like the woman.  When Hestia spoke to the familiar, she confirmed Azrael's thoughts, as well as the need to appear separate from Fearx, and the seven virtues.  When she apologized about the familiar, whose name was Kuro, she nodded.  "No worries.  Trust can be gained through time."  She kneeled down and picked up a material.  All of her movements were quiet, calm, graceful even.  If elves were a real thing, she could be seen as a perfect replica of the way they would have moved.  She turned to Hestia again.  "Am I right to guess that you are working towards the front lines?"

@Hestia

Mistress? Raven says absolutely confused then shakes her head no. I would prefer you just call me Crow, or Raven depending who we're with Keres. I'm no master, or mistress position like it seems you are with Domarus. I'm his apprentice he said, so we're both kinda in that position of being equals or around their. Raven says to the girl known as Keres innocently not thinking much of it. Just trying to get the girl to not call her mistress, and tried mixing in logic from what she knows about apprenticeships and such thing to back up her idea. She does smile as Domarus starts talking in a way of saying she is improving. Feeling a rush of some positive emotion that she can't place her finger on that she just wants that same feeling. To have that feeling she can't describe which is success, and progress made through lots of corrections, or minimal in some cases. Having not had such a feeling since her big sister was their every step of the way practically teaching her, but not allowing her to try to fail on her own. She doesn't mind her sister being like that, but she now sees that as a way to have made her weak like she is now. To not have allowed her to fail, and learn about at least some of the truths of world.  

Well what do you think would suit me Domarus? You said it should be based on personality, or ways of tactics from what i understood...wait no. I can think of this on my own i don't need the answers handed to me. She says quickly after as she goes into contemplation about such a thing. Figuring that she is light on her feet, and going in fro strong attacks as she tries to think of all the animals she knows. Sadly not being as well versed in myth or fantasy to know what would be suitable for her as a companion. Her brow furrows ever so slightly as she tries to think of the perfect familiar based on what Domarus had said the familiar should be. Matched to your way of fighting, and even personality probably.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I smile a bit at the very polite girl who seems a bit less on the want of speaking lots. A bit different from the last stranger i met, but frankly probably a nice change of pace since things have been a little hectic and having the quiet could be lots more preferable then having to talk a lot. My familiar just looks at the woman never allowing his gaze to leave her, but not openly growling anymore do to my words. I sigh softly at hat and shakes my head figuring that will have to do for now, but that does make me curious what kind of smell or feature that Kuro is acting this hostile. I watch her rather silent, and graceful moves with some interest. Interest in the form of how once can move so silently with what seems like ease without the aid of skills in some manner. At her question i do nod my head though. that is the goal Azrail. I aim for the frontlines to help us all escape this game which has taken to many lives at the moment. However, from what i saw from the monument most deaths have been a player vs player basis so it makes me wish that these things could stop, but it seems that not many can understand the idea of settling things peacefully rather then with swords. That is not even taking into account those PKer guilds who seem to kill for fun, or for money. I say with some disgust near the end.

#95704  LD:2+3=5

@Domarus

Keres kept on smiling, keeping her cute appearance up so that she could abuse it later on and catch the girl off guard..  Oooooh this was gonna be fuuuun.

"Of course mistr- I mean miss Raven."  She bowed to her again.  From the sound of it, Raven was like others in the sense that she preferred equality, or at the very least didn't like the idea of being a master.  Despite his cruel nature, he was hesitant when he had been asked to become her master.  That part was true.  However it was not out of dignity or respect like most people, as many would not want a servant.  It was actually because of his reputation, the situation it would bring up, as well as her.  Domarus was approached by her and told that she knew who he really was.  She knew that he was cruel and evil.  And she wanted to be his servant because she hated her parents and the way she was raised.  She wanted to be his servant and be punished, and he needed to vent out on someone.  Despite that, the way she spoke to him was so weak.  She was so vulnerable in that moment that he should have been disgusted.  But he wasn't.  In fact it was the only time he ever took pity on anyone.  Raven spoke again, asking him what type of familiar he believed would be a good match for her.  Before he could say it, she voiced his thoughts out loud, causing him to smile.  He nodded.

"Like I keep saying, quick learner.  Before you take the quest you'll need more training.  During that period of time I highly suggest that you think carefully about the kind of person you are, what you want to change, and what you are looking for as a partner.  I needed someone strong, and encountered Rhozarth.  He may be prideful and arrogant, but he's powerful, and can be vicious in battle.  While you don't need the answers handed to you, it's clear to me that you were not taught how to find the answers, and thus I give you the tools now to do so.  Understood?"

Azrael can sense the tensity emanating off of Kuro the familiar.  She thought about it for a moment before deciding to give him something else to think about.  Or rather someone else from a familiar's point of view.  She raised her left arm into the air and Archer took that signal to descend.  When the black raven landed on her wrist she looked at Hestia and her familiar.  "You are not a threat, so he does not need to wait up above.  This is Archer, my familiar."  Archer saw the griffon and cocked it's head before giving out a cry in greeting.  "Archer, why don't you get to know each other better?"  The bird cried in agreement before taking flight and gliding beside Kuro, no aggressive feel or movement in it's actions.  With that out of the way she turned her attention to Hestia as her question was being answered.  When Hestia mentioned the evil in the world Azrael smiled softly.  Yes, she should have known such a topic would arise at some point.  "Fear breeds anger, which in turn becomes Hatred.  Hatred breeds more hatred and fear, continuing and resetting the cycle.  Some can overcome it and stay true to a peaceful life, but it is far too easy to fall into that cycle, and thus the cycle will never be broken until mankind is wiped from the face of the earth.  It is a simple fact, and nothing we say or do can change that Hestia.  All we can do is focus on ourselves and whatever meets us along our path."

@Hestia

Raven smiles happily as Keres says her name at least without the mistress title, but the whole miss thing is a bit weird and annoying. However, at the very least it was improvement from where they were just a moment ago. She can only hope the nice lady would eventually stop the miss thing also, but it seems only time will tell in that regard. She then focuses back on Domarus and smiles at the compliment, but keeps her cool knowing just like he says she still has a very long ways ago till she is good for any meaningful combat it seems like. Let alone getting a familiar that could be her partner for the rest of her time in this game. When the rhetorical question is asked she nods her head yes to not knowing how to find the answers as she frowns a little bit at that phrasing. 'Why did Ember not teach me how to find answers?' She questions herself mentally at that. Understood Domarus i will do my best. She says with a small little salute and a serious look on her face.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the raven appears Kuro looks at the bird with a look of passing interest. However, once it cries in greeting to him Kuro does give a nod and looks at the raven. When it gets near his side he just tries to keep the bird within his eyesight as he gets low to the ground as his wings raise vertically as if prepared for a very powerful flap to take off into the air also. So why did you choose the name Archer? I ask the girl curiously as i walk alongside her at a steady pace as i keep an eye open for any materials that could come within view. Sadly not finding much unlike this girl it seems like, but that is to be expected by not having many Bonuses to trying to find these things. When you start going into the idea of evil i nod a bit slowly as i try to think about that. Well while you may think that evil is impossible to stop i can only agree to that since something new will always come up that will try to disrupt the peaceful worlds that will be created for brief moments in the world's great history. However, if we never try to achieve this peaceful world through means that get created along the way then yes we will forever be stuck in this cycle. However, i do think strongly that if people at least try to change this cycle then it can be acheived within time. To be complacent about this cycle will get us nowhere in trying to have a peaceful world. I say to the girl with a small shrug of my shoulders. Violence doesn't solve violence, but trying to figure out how to stop the violence before it happens would be great.

#95900 LD:6+3=9

@Domarus

It was clear that Raven was still uncomfortable with the fact that Keres still called her miss but she didn't speak her mind.  Leaving Keres to press her antics forward further.  She made sure to walk closely to Raven but not too closely to directly invade the girl's privacy.  Juuuust enough to make her uncomfortable.  Domarus kept his attention on their destination.  They were nearly there so he needed to keep a sharp eye out for the sign.  He heard Raven's words and turned to look at her.  He blinked and then laughed at the sight before patting her shoulder.

"At ease soldier!  Listen Raven, you have to understand that we aren't soldiers.  Keep yourself from tensing up, you need to be loose and flexible at all times.  Don't slack off, but don't narrow your focus and stiffen your posture either.  We are allies, mentor and apprentice.  We are not like those guild's that turn this world into a war game.  We fight for each other and to escape, not to win a war."  Of course, there were times where you had to do the hard thing and end a life.  Well, not exactly hard.  He'd have her filled with disgust and hatred for mankind soon enough.  Just a little bit further ahead was all he needed.

When Hestia asked her why her familiar was named Archer she felt it appropriate to give a demonstration.  She turned to Archer.  "Vantage Point."  The raven gave a cry and flew swiftly into the air until it was out of sight.  Azrael opened her inventory and pulled out a ball, specifically designed for target practice.  She threw it into the air.  There was a brief flash of light from Raven's helmet up in the air, then suddenly he was an inch above the ground, the target completely shattered.  Raven had flown down with such speed that it's damage on the target was incredible.  The bird returned to it's position near Kuro, only aware that it was given a command and followed it through.  She turned to Hestia with a smile.  "That's why."  When Hestia spoke again she shook her head but waited for the woman to finish before speaking.  "You misunderstand me.  I'm speaking specifically about those who seek nothing but peace and justice, who spend every moment of their lives going out there to change the world for the better.  I am not saying it isn't a good thing, and I am not saying they shouldn't do so.  However it's pointless to devote every moment of your life to it as it will never work.  Not until the promised day when he returns.  In my opinion, we should learn to enjoy the world we've been given, and help others when able to, see justice done when needed, and be a better person overall...  Also, you like saying the word However a lot don't you?"

@Hestia

She walks along with the two of you while having this feeling of uneasiness from Keres, but not knowing why really. Just knowing she seems a bit close, but doesn't say much figuring it might have something to do with her personality or something of the like. That and she could try to use this to better herself with not feeling uneasy during combat. After that when you give her the pat of her shoulder she relaxes right away, and then blushes a little bit with some embarrassment, but relaxes more following that instruction. Finding truth in those words fitting with how combat should be. To try and not to be rigid since that could ruin how to move with fluidity, and lower the reaction time possibly. Got it Domarus, and what kind of guilds would make this game a warzone? That just seems like it could be adding more then unneeded stress upon people that would already be present, and that isn't even taking into account the fact i am sure just being in this game wherever level that guild is would be adding already so much stress from being trapped in here, and needing to perform to some level. She says her mind trying to race to find answers to make sense to a world. trying to find the logic of things within her mind, but not many pieces placing together nicely to form a full picture. As if a full image of a puzzle being slightly disorganized and all over the place with the pieces near each other but not forming a full image for her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you do the little demonstration i whistle slightly impressed by the bird's speed, and ability to hit something. 'Archer because of its keen eyes, and ability to hit a target. Makes sense.' I think to myself as the woman says that is why. When she points that out i do blush a bit embarrassed. I don't try to use it a lot it just sort of happens at times. I say softly as i look to the ground and rubs the back of my head. Also even if you can't save the world or make it better through trying to bring justice to it. That might be true, but i still prefer trying more then anything then not since i could feel satisfied knowing i did my best to improve the world at every turn i got. Since for me enjoying the life is trying to make it better, and i enjoy helping out others whenever i can. Also, it isn't like i could be doing anything else for the most part really since i can't do quests on my own without them taking hours from what it feels like since i can't do any damage. I say with a shrug of my shoulders.

#95901  LD:12+3=15  two T3 Mats found total.

(post 12)

Domarus grunted when she asked him what guilds were there who would do such a thing, as well as why they would do something like that at all.  It was a ridiculous question really, people wanted fame, glory, and power.  People tended to bend and bow towards military power as there was a sense of authority, power, and fear in the idea.  Domarus couldn't rule if he used that method.  No.  He needed a far more deceptive approach to it.

"Perfect example is a guild called the Knights of the Blood Oath, though their guild is pretty much nonexistent at this point.  I can only name two of it's guild members that actually do anything anymore.  They act like military soldiers and it's annoying for me.  Even so they're like every other individual on the front lines.  Fighting over demonic gear, getting the final drop, and trying to keep the other front liners in line when things get heated between players.  Grudges have been made and it's impossible to escape your sins in this world.  Of course it's my intention to lead a team of elite players into the front lines one day who are not only skilled in combat, but are able to take orders and improvise in an instant.  Similar to the military, but instead of the harsh training focused on trust, respect, and relationship.  Sort of like a family of warriors."

"You can't change the world if you do not change yourself first.  Additionally you cannot change the world if you're dead or dying."  Azrael sighed as she continued looking for materials.  Archer landed on the ground and walked beside Kuro, wanting to observe him and understand the griffon better.  Not in the military sense of gathering intel, but more of observing how a stranger acts in a strange land, so that they can adapt to how they act and perceive things.  "As I said before Hestia.  I am not saying striving for a better world is a bad thing.  However anything can become wrong if you go too far.  The more someone obsesses over something, the more chance they have of making a mistake.  Sometimes it is best to take it slow and work on things over time.  If you focus on the world and how you can fix it, you lose focus on yourself and where your faults are, how to fix them, and even your wellbeing.  Humans cannot focus on multiple things and be successful at them all.  The more you take on, the greater the chance of making things worse.  All I am saying is to be patient with the world, and to balance your desire to aid and change with self reflection, sustenance, and moral compass."

@Hestia

So unlike those knights of blood oath people you wish to have more like a close knit group of fighters kind of like a family fight, and can take commands but not in the sort of blind leading the blind sort of way. She says innocently saying a phrase she had heard once while within school that sounds like it could fit within this scenario. She looks at her mentor wondering what else their is in this world that she doesn't know about as of yet. She grins rather excitedly to learn and improve to try and get within this group of top warriors to try and help you out. To try and get to these frontliens place to prove that she is strong enough to help and improve herself to that level. 'If i can get their i can meet up with big sis since my name would be known also possibly if i participate in the frontlines.' She thinks to herself with a grin on her face. Also speaking of training can we get to that Domarus i am excited for getting into that once more. Raven says excitedly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I rub the back of my head this woman's word as i glance at myself then back to the woman. I mean i think i'm doing a pretty good job of balancing all that. I say as i walk alongside the girl towards the direction they have been walking in for awhile. What about yourself Azrael what do you do while you're stuck in this game? Have any big plans, or things you wish to accomplish while you are here? I ask the girl curiously trying to find something out about her, and to just try to get to know this stranger to some amount. My familiar looks at the little raven as he tries to touch the bird with his paw. Lowering his head also while sniffing to get the scent of the bird. Kuro just inspecting the creature to see what he can tell about it by using his senses. Also i know i'll be going into a self destructive cycle if i try to focus on to much. I use to be solely focused on one thing and not many others, but thankfully i've fixed that and know how to balance my life. I say with a nod of my head. Just remembering rather clearly how in the beginning i practically quested day in and out with very little rest.

#95989  LD:14+3=17  3 T3 Mats found total.

(Post 14)

Domarus nodded to her as she went over what his front liner squad was essentially.

"The name of our guild, which you joined rather quickly I might add, is Kyriarchía Énosi.  Greek for Sovereign Union.  Not Sovereign knights, soldiers or warriors.  We are a group of players united for the sole aim and goal of becoming the greatest in this game.  In gameplay, skills and stats, reach, crafting, aid, and morality.  We are not military, nor ever will be.  If someone decides to join us, they will not be ignorant for long."  Of course they would he thought to himself.  They would be completely and utterly blind to Domarus' true plans, his true goals, and above all his true feelings toward every pathetic maggot in this world.  Still, there were some like Embers and Raven who impressed him.  And players like Esther and Keres who had some influence over him emotionally.  When Raven got excited about her training again, Domarus allowed his face to grow solemn.

"I would not be so eager for this next part Raven.  We're here, but I need to check with you a second time to have your consent.  If you look in here then your life will never be the same again.  Are you sure you wish to go through with this?"  They were facing a cliffside and Keres was holding onto it.  Raven would realize that there is a secret entrance here that Domarus must have discovered and that there was something inside...

Azrael watched Hestia as she mentioned that she was balancing it out very well, seeming to try to convince Azrael.  She blinked.  "I never said you didn't."  It would seem Hestia once again misunderstood, seeming to take everything Azrael said as something directed to her.  They had begun with the topic of evil in the world and Azrael had never shifted the topic from that to any specific individual.  Perhaps it was that Hestia believed herself to be one of those individuals Azrael mentioned, and was trying to convince  herself.  She wasn't convinced but it was the most logical result.  Upon Hestia's question, she nodded.  "There's someone I had run into, and I feel obliged to protect him.  From others or himself.  In addition I want to help make the front lines right, though that goal only surfaced recently."  There was the obvious of beating this game, but she would never be able to work alongside most of the players on the front lines.  Selfish, cruel, unorganized.  There were only a handful of true and honorable fighters up there.

@Hestia

Raven nods her head at the name not really understanding why the name was chosen as it was. Just really knowing that her big sister has some kind of fascination with that greek stuff. She just nods her head liking the meaning behind the reason for union rather then anything else. I like the name choice Domarus it honestly does bring everything you've told me about how you want to approach in training me, and i guess any others with this guild. Raven says rather cheerfully liking the idea of this group that is this guild sort of being like a tight knit close group of friends, but just having this one friend who is the one who leads the others, and is like the responsible one among them. 'Kinda like real life friend groups actually if looked at from a right angle.' She thinks to herself with a small giggle at her own thoughts.

However, the giggles stop right away hearing your words as she takes a deep calming breathe and tries to prepare herself for things she would expect from training. Like lots of rigorous physical exercises, and lots of learning after that she nods her head. I think i am ready Domarus. She says in a calm tone not knowing what is going to face her, but ready to face it none the less. After all it is just physical training after all.

i hold back any comment i could say realizing the fault of most things i have been saying. Taking things rather as a personal front rather then a way of as a general reference and try to discuss from their. 'Welp embarrassing, but no use trying to go back on that. Only can move forward.' I think to myself as i look at the girl before continuing. Well i'm glad you found a person you think is important to protect, and make sure that he or she doesn't get into to much danger even from themselves. I say rather happily glad the girl has a reason for fighting. Knowing that without one it could be rather easy to give up once things start getting difficult. Not even really knowing this girl's strength so their is no way to judge who is the stronger between the two. However, if things are to go by the stronger the familiar the stronger the player it seems to be going when meeting with new people. I look around the area for a material to try and pick up.

#95988 LD:1

There wasn't any way she could dislike the idea.  Hestia perhaps, especially with her unstable grudge against him for no reason, may see it as arrogance naming his guild Sovereign.  One as innocent as Raven however, and who had the child like excitement would see it as awesome.  It was also a good thing because the day she pressed the accept button when asked to join the guild, she would never be able to leave whether she realized it or not.  But now was the single question:  Would she crack on seeing the truth?  Would she hold onto her childish dreams despite the reality?  Or would she hold her resolve and push on despite the twisted corruption of the earth that lay behind the door.  Domarus watched as she was able to put her child like excitement aside and did her best to prepare for what she was about to see.  With her agreement, he nodded to Keres who opened up the door.  The instant there was room, the sound of the charge skill was activated and an arm wielding a dagger shot out of the opening...  It was an inch away from Raven's face but was not able to touch it.  Domarus tossed a glowing crystal into the room, revealing...  A child.  No older than seven.  The boy was wearing what seemed to be a very specialized cloak meant for agility and combat, but also for stealth.  Symbols on his outfit would make one think of a high rank of some organized group or guild.  Of course it was ripped here and there due to him being stuck here for a while.  The child's leg was chained to the wall on the far end, and she could see cut marks on himself and the walls around him.  In the boy's eye was bloodlust.  Not crazed however.  It was like a calm, cool look.  The desire to kill but not with recklessness.  He was no fool, but neither was he sane.  The boy started cackling.

"...Did I scare you kiddy?  Hey blaze head.  Where's my food?!"  Domarus looked at the boy with both fury and pity.  The pity bit was only for show for Raven to see.

Azrael noted that Hestia appeared a little bit embarrassed but would neither bring this to her attention nor speak about it.  There was no need to and would do nothing to further either of their needs or goals.  She picked up another material and turned to Hestia as she mentioned that she was happy Azrael was able to find someone she deemed important to protect.  She nodded.  It was always important to have a goal of some sort.  Even if it's making sure someone else's goals are met, as well as protected from death. A faint smile reached her lips as she thought of the irony.  Her username was after the angel of death, and she was protecting Fearx from death.  The reaper fighting the reaper.  It would certainly make an interesting story, if written properly that is.  She turned to Hestia.  "What of you?  Do you have any hopes or plans in this world?  Is there someone that you need to protect at all?"  

@Hestia

She calmly waits to see what is on the other side, and until their is the sound of lots of steps moving towards her as she takes a stumbling step backwards, but quickly catches herself. Not falling on her butt like she did when a attack of some type got to her last time in the form of Domarus saving her. She can feel her heart pounding as she takes in the sight of this boy. of seeing this kid trying to kill her, or attack her for no reason at all. She then sees the attire the ripped clothes and clothing from possibly the child attacking himself or from what has been happening before now whatever that was. Her heart feels like it is pumping like crazy moving a mile a minute as her breathing quickens ever so slightly. Not understanding the symbols on the clothing from herself not understanding organization things such as that.

Then there were the cut marks along his body, and the walls within the room that get revealed by the glowing crystal as she continues taking steady breathes trying to comprehend everything she is seeing. Everything seeming photo realistic down to a T. Then there were the eyes the cold uncaring eyes that pierce into her soul as if trying to make her feel less and try to kill herself to make that look disappear. The look of someone that has no compassion for light in any manner. Wha...what am i looking at? She asks in a scared tone of voice. Why is this kid chained up? Why does he look like that. She says sounding absolutely in disbelief and some fear as the cackling sets her off even more as she finds herself unable to move at the moment totally frozen up.

Hopes or plans? Not really in all honesty i'm now just making my way through this game doing my best to protect every player that i can, and kinda making sure to extra protect the members in my guild who have become like family. Then also another player who was the first i met who is like a mentor to me. I want to try and get strong enough to try and pay him back for all the help he has done for me. I say with a smile on my face wishing i could pay Itzal back for everything he has done for me up to this point, and most likely even more so in the future. Besides that i guess for plans i am trying to work on trying to be a singer here within this game for practice. Since that is my profession at the moment that of a performer.  SOo i guess if i manage to do decent here within this game i could try doing that in the real world as a profession to try and chase that dream i thought dead. I say with a shrug not finding any issue in sharing this since it doesn't give away much, and their isn't anything wrong with sharing some dreams or such one has.

#95996 LD:16+3=19 4 T3 Mats found total.

The kid chuckled wickedly at her questions and lashed out again three times.  When he failed each and every time to reach her due to the chain, which he tried and failed to rip his own foot out of in hopes of escaping, he threw the dagger at her, landing it solidly in her forehead.  Unfortunately because there was no skill for throwing weapons, it only dealt the base damage of twelve.  The kid grinned evilly.

"Well at least I hit something that time!  Unfortunately I don't have any more to give...  Oh wait!"  He opened another weapon from his inventory, this one being another dagger and grinned, his eyes flashing.

"I guess I do!"  With a single slice, he cut off the foot that was chained down and leaped up to avoid Domarus' quick reflexes, using his cut leg like a peg, still able to move because of it.  Domarus was quick, but the small nimble boy was far, far quicker.  He tried to attack Keres, who was surprisingly fast herself but not fast enough to escape without getting a long cut on her arm.  The boy went on a frenzy, shooting from player to player, landing at least a hundred hits.  Raven was the close to actually dying, though her health would never drop any lower than two hundred.  Domarus then Keres, then Domarus twice.  Then Raven then Keres, then Raven again.  His attacks were utterly random, yet so carefully coordinated that he could only be called a complete master assassin.  That is until Domarus struck him hard with his two handed ax, hard enough to drop the kid's health greatly and knock him back into the cave, this time without his dagger as it fell out.  The attack had also chopped off his other leg so he couldn't move nearly as fast as before.  He wasn't going to try anything though, he was busy laughing his head off and sitting down to rest.

"NOW THAT WAS FUN!  I think I can wait a little longer for food because of that little action.  I'll kill the new girl the next time I escape, eh?"  Domarus turned to Raven, who had only two hundred and twelve health points remaining.

"A dark guild had captured seventeen children much like this one.  They tortured him physically and mentally, far before the system rooted out the ability to turn off pain receptors.  They twisted the children into the most foul of humans.  Only four remain now, including this one.  The others have been put to rest with some help.  The remaining for have established their own guild, and are close to rivaling the laughing coffin in strength and tactics.  The guild that created these monsters was destroyed, as well as an allied guild of theirs who took a young girl, and friend of mine, as a mindless slave for their own pleasures.  I saw to the leader's death myself for that one.  This is how the world works Raven.  The strong prey on the weak.  They do what they want and dispose the rest.  Those who seek power for good intention are ultimately corrupted by such power, and become the corrupt or die by someone else seeking power.  Greed feeds greed.  Fear feeds anger, and anger feeds hatred.  In this world, can you tell me that there is any good that can cleanse the whole world of this corruption?"

Hestia told Azrael that there really wasn't any hope or goal of hers.  That she just wanted to protect as many players as she could, which she felt was stretching it a little thin considering how many players were actually around.  She had a guild which she knew would take priority for Hestia when it came to protecting.  Family took more priority to everyone who valued them.  And now she had a mentor.  Sounded a bit like her story.  "Curious.  My friend is a sort of mentor as well, though not directly.  And while I have no established guild, I do have others whom I can see as family."  When she mentioned being a singer Azrael was genuinely surprised and looked over at Hestia with curiosity...  Before giggling and then laughing only lightly.  "I have to say I've never heard of anyone have a dream like that.  However, I think it would be a nice break from all the seriousness in the world.  I know I seem serious all the time, but I do enjoy good music..  I hope your dream sees the daylight Hestia."

@Hestia

She looks at the kid in confusion as she then widens as the dagger hits her in the forehead. She quickly takes the dagger out of her forehead, and then sees the enemy come right at her. She tries to move, but ends up getting cut more and more as her health decreases more and more from the flurry of the assault upon her. Not knowing how to react just dodging to the best of her ability from what she has learned, but she is not trained to fight against a attacker to this strength. Being easily overwhelmed by everything in the terms of the attacks. Unable to see a pattern in trying to dodge as her health ticks down faster and faster from the attacks. Eventually though she sees the kid get knocked into a cell as Raven takes a few shaky steps then fall onto the ground with wide eyes look as if a deer in head lights. Then she hears the explanation that shatters her reality.

ki..kids like this. She says softly, but behind that soft fragile terrified voice. Is a certain edge of anger, and just pure frustration in her voice as she slowly gets up off of the ground. Ho-how could something like this happen? Why would something like this happened. Ember said everything would be fine that the world is safe and fine since we have cops like dad was. SO...how could something like this happen? How can people be so cruel? She says in clear distress as her entire foundation of the world seems to be crumbling around her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I nod with a smile finding it rather interesting that the two of them seems to have something in similar in terms of having mentor figures in the one the two have close to them in some fashion. I then looks towards my familiar who is calming walking behind me not being aggressive towards the raven familiar that belongs to Azrael at all. However, even then it doesn't seem to stop Kuro from being slightly suspicious of the girl from time to time. When i look to Azrael i smile a bit happily to her. Well i'm glad you enjoy music, and who knows maybe when i get the chance, and maybe a few more songs i could do a performance. Well actually if you want i could share with you the song lyrics, and the songs i have. Then you can tell me what you think in terms of if i have enough for a first time performance, or if the lyrics are even any good. I suggest to the girl as i then hands the girl a translated version of my notebook having written it in greek for my personal copy.

#95998  LD:5+3=8