[ SP - F01] Feeling Crafty? << Earning a Living >>

'Illiure sighed as she stood outside the Artisan workshop, her hooded figure staring blankly at the small shop. I hope I don't regret this.. she sighed audibly and stepped inside the workshop. Her boots clattered with the old looking wood as she took small steps to the front counter. The artisan, a brunette male NPC was holding a crate full of jewelry and accessories and stocking a nearby shelf with them. He was almost robotically moving, everything seemed unnatural, like he lacked all emotion while doing it. Fake, Illiure said in her mind bitterly. But not wanting to be rude, she stood silently in front of the wood polished counter with a monotone look. The NPC still paid no attention to his customer and continued stocking up his supplies, humming a small tune while doing so. Its all fake, everything here is fake.. Illiure thought miserably.

Illiure watched as the brunette do the same thing over and over and over. Is this what NPC's do when players aren't around? Do the same thing over and over and over?! She hissed in her head. Finally snapping after 5 minutes of the NPC singing the same song repeatedly, she spoke in a harsh tone. "Excuse me," she said, her eyes twitching in annoyance. The NPC looked over his shoulder at her before finally speaking in a jolly but somewhat dead voice.

"Ah, hello there!" he looked at her with a bright smile that seemed too happy. "Illiure, what brings you to my humble little shop?" he said to her. This is too creepy, he already knows my name. She shrugged, ignoring the thought. Guess that's how NPCs work. She looked at him with a blank expression, his face screamed happiness, but she could see that his eyes were just as blank as hers.
"I want to do the 'Earning a Living' quest please," she spoke in an almost demanding way. This artisan better not be giving me a crappy job for this quest. She bit her lip that would've done damage to it in real life, but she felt nothing.

"But of course!" replied the Artisan with a gleaming smile.

Edited by Illiure

A small pop up appeared in front of her, her quest board, in it was the 'Earning a Living' quest. She narrowed her eyes back to the artisan and closed the quest board. She crossed her arms, her cloak wavering as she did so. "So what do you want me to do first?" she said blankly. Surely this guy will actually make me do something useful. She thought in her head with an icy tone.

"Yes! First, can you help me restock these items?" he said, holding up the crate that held the trinkets. You mean the same items you've been restocking for the past 5 minutes? She held the remark on her tongue, but simply nodded, taking the crates from the NPC and walking off too a random shelf with it. She slid off her hood, finding it easier to work, and set the crate down on the floor. She crouched next to it and looked at its contents, jewelry and wristbands of all kinds filled it. She dug her hand into the crate and pulled out a well made topaz necklace. Not bad.. she thought before dropping it into the crate. She lifted the crate with one arm and started stocking the shelves. "Keep up the good work!" she heard the artisan reply from behind her, which left her rolling her eyes.

Her mind traveled on its own while she worked, her body was out of her control while she thought about the things that had happened so far while she was stuck in this death game,  she let out a scoff and returned to working, utter death is all that's happened so far. she hissed in her head. That's all that's happened.. her gaze turned sad.

"I'm done," she called out to the artisan, the crate now empty, all of it's come tents now stocked neatly on the wooden shelves. If this is the quest itself, then that was easy. The NPC craftsman came over and examined the shelves.

"Very well done! Now onto the next task!" he said in a radiant tone which made Illiure groan. I just spent half an hour restocking and now he wants me doing some other crap?! Her mind hissed in fury. She clenched her firsts together but kept her face hidden of any emotion.

"And what's that?"  she said in a bored but annoyed voice. This artisan is seriously bugging me..

"Well first you have to gather some materials and bring them back to me!" his face lit up as he spoke, like someone just lighted a torch on fire. Materials? That means I have to go out. She sighed to herself. At least I won't have to be around this idiotic computer the whole time. A small notification appeared in front of her, a small list of random items she needs to get for the craftsman. She dismissed it and nodded to the artisan. Her body was excited to get away from the shop and the artisan in general. She pulled her hood up and walked quickly out of the shop and into town.

Edited by Illiure

The lone player weaves through the players and NPC's silently, careful not to bump into anyone and causing a scene. Once in an empty clearing, near the edge of the small town she looked at the list of items, three items to be exact. The first item is called a dragons eye jewel..? And they can be found.. Under rocks.. Eh? She found this a relatively easy quest. There must be some kind of trick to it.. she thought warily. Or I could just be paranoid, her shoulders lifting into a small shrug. Yeah, probably just that.

Once she memorized the list of items, she set out to find what supplies she needed. The dragons eye or jewel or whatever should be found in the forest. She thought as she set foot outside the town. This is going to be just lovely. Her thoughts spoke sarcastically in her head. Just lovely.

Edited by Illiure