[F1 PP:Reinka and Outlander] <<Earning a Living>> Reinka meets the merc with a mouth

She got up and ran towards the safe zone and looked around outside of it. This way she felt safer in looking for what she needed. I'm running out of time. If I don't hurry back soon I'm sure Steel will get worried." She sighed annoyed.

But I"m so close, I'm not going to quit and give up because I need this! If I can make sure Steel has potions and crystals I won't drag him down by being so cautious, and he'll be safe even if he travels without me.' she thought to herself.

She took another deep breath and keep scouring the land hoping to find something slowly getting away from the safe zone again, tempted by success instead. She wanted to make so many things with being an alchemist., most involved healing but she was sure not all of it did. Also teleport crystals would be important later.

98891 3

Edited by Reinka
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She sighed annoyed a bit and stretched. She looked around. Maybe she was thinking about this all wrong.
What if I look for a treasure chest instead? She thought to herself. She found the longer she was out and about she could find treasure, she wondered if that was normal it seemed that the world created new chests, which might be good for farming them later.

Reinka started to push moss away and kept searching around this time she changed her tactic to look around for a treasure chest. Could she handle something awful though? She took in a deep breath worried she'd see another mimic, but the experience would be worth it. She held her loot pendant as she did another once over of her surrounding area to see if there was anything a miss. To be honest, she was a little worried about opening a box again. The last time it ended well but it was frightening at the same time.

LT 18 (Oh boy.....here goes)

Edited by Reinka

She saw something glisten and moved some of the foliage out of the way revealing a box. She pursed her lips. She wasn't sure if she could unlock a treasure chest. She failed so poorly the other two times. She took in a deep breath and knelt in front of it, she touched the lock with her fingers and pressed it testing the springs. A menu popped up asking her if she wanted to open it. She felt her heart beat race a bit. Her pirate like personality wanted to punch that yes button, but she was still afraid it'd try to bite her. She took another breath hoping her armor would protect her.

"Here we go!" She waited on baited breath and she felt like doing the unthinkable. She wouldn't run for the second time, or was it now the third. A pirate always gets their treasure.

She punched the yes button and watched the menu shatter as the box opened.

98893 lt2 + 3 = 5 (too close rng gods XD)

Edited by Reinka

(Floor 1 * 50) Col, (2) materials, (2) uncommon consumables
4/5 mats found

The chest growled and that's when Reinka's pendant glowed. A dark energy seemed to die in that moment. She grabbed her pendant in sheer shock. She let out of sigh. "I thought I felt death just now. Maybe I shouldn't do that again for awhile. Jeez, what was I thinking opening it alone, well, I guess it was worth it though." She looked up at the darkening skies. "I just need one more material and then I'll be okay." She stood up and dusted off looking around the area again just to see if something would show up. She was hopeful that she'd find the last material she needed for her new teacher. She waited on baited breath looking again.Would this one be the one and how would she pick her shop? There were so many questions with how this all worked and she wanted to know the answers in this moment.

98894 6

Edited by Reinka

She didn't find anything and kept moving forwards. She sighed and figured she could use one of the materials in the chest but she wanted to make sure on that fact and just kept looking normally on her own. Besides Reinka felt she needed the materials for herself anyway for her own shop. She was getting excited over it all. "Just one more and people will be coming in from all over the place. Then I can advertise for Steel at the same time." She had an itch and she had dreams of grandeur on making potions and the like for the people of SAO. "They'll know my name when I wake up from this hell too." She had a fierce look in her eyes. She wanted to do something instead of feel trapped. True she'd have to play by the game's rules but what better way to slap the person who thew them all in here in the face.

98895 16 (DONE! GOT IT!)

Edited by Reinka

She made her way back to the safe zone and relaxed once back into the area she made her way back to the laboratory. She was getting pretty excited over the whole thing. As she walked the streets she avoided the main roads. She smiled happily and kept at a decent pace then broke out into a jog. She was too excited for the second part that she started to run soon after. She heard other players ask were the fire was, and some others jumping out of her way. She just smiled a bit. "Sorry I'm just in a hurry. Sorry, sorry, excuse me!" she said cheerfully. She could hear  Amigos Para Siempre in her head. She loved that song when she first heard it, and she felt pride run through her body making her run faster. She had to side step other players and quickly apologized for nearly crashing into them.

Edited by Reinka

She went into the shop happily. "I'm back! I got five that I needed." She said happily.

The alchemist clapped for Reinka.
"Wonderful my dear, could you please come with me to the back room so we may get started?" she asked her happily and curiously.

Reinka moved behind the counter and followed her to were her cauldron was. This reminded her so much of another quest she had, it must have been fate.

"So we'll use this material here, and why don't you try crafting something my dear."
"Sure thing. I hope I can do a better job than last time." she took in a breath of air and started to get to work. All she could think of was Steel smiling at her and congratulating her, and maybe she could make a crystal for him to use right away if he needed to. She held her breath hoping what she crafted would be amazing. She stared into the cauldron pool of ingredients as it mixed color.

98899 2

Edited by Reinka

"Why's it bubbling like that?" Reinka asked.
"Haha, bad end." She replied.
"What?" Reinka looked at her, her eyes as large as saucers.
"Hit the deck!"

Reinka watched her teacher run out, jump over the counter, and then duck down. As she ran to the door she heard a loud boom and was pushed out by a foam like blast and against the counter.

"You all right there?" the alchemist asked.
"My pride is so wounded. What am I covered in." Reinka asked.
"Soap suds my dear, give it a moment."

Reinka waited and sure enough everything cleared after a moment. Reinka rolled her shoulders in pain but then went back to the couldrin.

"Did you attempt a crystal on your first try?"
"Yes....I thought it would be more useful."
"I doubt you could attempt such a thing, try once more and this time just focus on a potion."
"All right." She took in a breath and started to try again adding in the materials while turning the spoon as instructed.

98912 5

Edited by Reinka

There was a sudden explosion and Reinka jumped back. Evangeline coughed from the smoke it caused. She eyed Reinka suspiciously.
"Are you sure you want to do this?" she asked curiously.
"Yes! I have to. They're all counting on me."
"Who?"
"My boyfriend, and any one who joins his guild. They'll need someone who can provide them support." Reinka explained.
"I see....You have to do it because you want to do it though." Evangeline stated with confidence as she clasped Reinka on the shoulder. "Do it for you this time."
"Okay...I need this." She looked at the cauldron and watched it settle.

She started again thinking of her Wicca books and her religion in general. Maybe that would help her this time. She let it flow more naturally this time. It had been a long time since she practiced something like this. She was in collage when she did this usually, most likely because she had far more free time at that point on her life.

98913  9

Edited by Reinka

There was a smaller poof as nothing seemed to happen. Evangeline fished out the materials and dried them with a towel. She watched them and nodded.
"Good news, you didn't ruin the materials, not so good news, you made laundry water. Which means you've made literally nothing, but good try. You seem to be getting better. Keep it up!" She cheered Reinka on.

Reinka sighed frustrated.

"This kind of happened to me with Zach. I nearly failed to make him a potion too. I won't be deterred. Oh goddess of...." She realized there was no nature here. It was all ones and zeros. "The goddess within my heart. I call forth thine power to bestow upon me devine luck. Let me craft something of value this day. This pleads your avatar and follower Reinka."

Evangeline watched curiously as Reinka tried again. Reinka wondered if she was preparing herself to jump behind her counter once again.

98914 10

Edited by Reinka

81?cb=20150614075629Knight's Milfoil Lotion

Spoiler

ID: 98914

Roll:craft:10

Tier:1

Type:Salve

Quality:Uncommon

Knight's Milfoil Lotion
1 Slot: Antidote
Effect: When applied, grants immunity to negative status effects (Paralyze, Bleed, etc.) for a total number of turns they would affect you equal to the slots used. Effect lasts for one thread.
Scent: Knight's Milfoil smells like oregano and rosemary, slightly spicy. The closest herb on Earth that it smells like is Yarrow. Which has a spicy scent to it. This is a salve but because you can use it well before battle, and before injury takes place, it's been crafted into a lotion mostly used for men with this spicy like scent. Though women are free to use it as well. Well worn by those who are confident and strong.

Reinka gasped as she saw a paste like material form, and then it seemed to suddenly become it's own container. Evangeline smiled blissfully. It might not have been perfect but it seemed Reinka's expression meant it was the world to her. Evangeline then went into her own personal inventory and got out an apothecary license for Reinka to use from this moment on.

"Welcome to the world of an alchemist! Where everything requires equivalent exchange. I welcome you to this new title, and with this apothecary license you may continue your medical research and studies my dear. if you have any questions at all feel free to ask me okay." Evangeline smiled happily at Reinka.
"Thank you for believing in me." Reinka smiled. "I'm off to a rocky start but I know this is what I want to do in the world."
"No, my dear. You believed in yourself." She smiled happily. "Will you accept this gift?"

Edited by Reinka

Reinka moved closer to receive her license, some extra materials, the materials she hadn't yet used, and a key.

"What's this key for exactly?" she asked curiously.
"Oh, that's your shop key. Please find a plot of land. When you look at the item it will say what floors have available space for you to use it on. Then you'll be prompted to create your Alchemist Shop." Evangeline explained happily for her. "Also it'll be where you should place all your materials. It would do you great good to do that. Just in case."
"Just in case of what. I can't exactly get robbed." Reinka replied.
"Please be wary of PKers who might attack you and demand payment for your life." She explained.
"So I should just carry everything on me so I can barter for my life then."
"Hm, you make a fair point." she stared at her. "I'm so sorry for the misinformation it sounded good in my programing!"
"Ha...Try not to error out teacher." Reinka smiled a bit sad at the four wall break. "Don't worry about me teach, you've taught me well, and now I can help others who go off into combat all the time." She bowed happily.
"Oh you're welcome my dear. So what are your plans now?"

"Oh I'm going to head out actually. I want to collect a few more materials before the day ends. That way when I hunt for a shop lot I'll be ready to start crafting right away." Reinka explained. "That and it'll make my shop look a bit more professional if I have materials displayed in the shop don't you think?" She asked her teacher.
"I suppose it would, but bare in mind you can buy more supplies at any local merchant shop that has them in stock. A number of players and npcs will sell them on various floors."
"Oh....Well...." Reinka sighed a bit embarrassed. "It'll make my costumers know I'm ready to start crafting as soon as they walk through the door!" Reinka stated happily.
"That is true! You might be able to make their order right in front of them how adorable!" Evangeline smiled giddily.
"Yes, that'll be the way. I mean how cool would it be to see a witch in action in a place where there is supposedly no magic. It'd be the best!"
"Hey you're an ALCHEMIST!"
"Aw, don't spoil my fun teacher. It's just more fun for the shop. Well I'll see you later okay." she waved happily.

Reinka found herself outside the safe zone yet again as she made sure to have your lucky pendant equipped. There was just something about krakens that she loved. Even if in most literature they were evil. She once read one book where a prince of the sea used one when all was thought to be lost, and wondered if she'd get to see one in the game. She started to look around for some materials. She was lucky. On this floor she realized there were a ton just about everywhere. She loved it! "This will be easy." she smiled to herself. She got on her hands and knees under some trees. She kept looking around for anything that might be of use. She hummed a song to herself as she smoothed out the dead grass. "Lets see I found some nice things before now it's time to see if it's all gone." She grinned looking around.

98916 3

Edited by Reinka

She didn't find anything and got up to go look else ware maybe the bushes. She looked around for flowers or anything that was scented nicely. Though she was on the look out out for anything that might be poisonous as well. She kept on looking excited and the premise of achieving her goal. "I know exactly what I want my shop to look like, I just have to pick a floor, and then maybe I'll put up flyers I wonder if that's a thing. Maybe I'll talk a lot in bars about it and see if the word spreads like wildfire." She smiled happily and couldn't wait for a grand opening, she'd do her best to make it entertaining while getting to know her customers. She kept looking for more materials. She wondered if Steel would open up a shop near her's, he'd have so many options thanks to his tastes in the real world she was a little jealous of it.
98917 16 + 3
9/??? mats total from thread.

Edited by Reinka

"All right I got one. Maybe a little more to get ten from this area." She smiled to herself and moved over to the other bushes and looked it over as well. "I wonder what kinds of salves I can make." She opened up her inventory and looked over her license on what salves to create. "Huh, only three things it looks like, well that's all right it'll be far more helpful to make some of that poison salve, because than anything I punch will bleed and be poisoned. That's actually really scary now that I think about it. Kinda cool though." She looked around curiously for something that might help her make that, but she was also curious to make healing salves as well.
"Steel might like some of these actually." she nodded to herself as she looked around the ground for another chance at finding something helpful for him.
98918  1

Edited by Reinka

She fell into the bushes. "ouch! I shouldn't be thinking of Steel all the time. I end up getting to distracted." she felt a blush raise to her cheeks. She held her chest for a moment and then stood up dusting off the greenery that managed to cling to her. She then knelt down to see if anything of use might have fell off of her. Her fingers ran through the tera, grass, and loose branches and greens looking eagerly for something new, something fun to use later. "Just one more and I can go home...No....I will look for a shop first and set it up so I can show it off later." She nodded at her own idea and kept searching as she romanticized the idea of customers flocking to use her wares. One day she'd have it all from salves to crystals. Though she wanted to make soaps too, or perfumes. She wondered if it had been done.

98919 2

Edited by Reinka

She looked around at the many other trees, but did see a spot where some weeds and flowers were growing. Reinka moved over to them and sat in the middle of them. Maybe it was because it was so cold that she could not seem to find much today, or maybe she had already worked this area to it's limit for the day. She hadn't seen other people searching, but what if the floors had a limited amount of resources per day to farm, or per person. That'd be hard to determine though. Reinka sighed and slapped her how face cheeks to concentrate and then looked around herself again."Come on, get it together you're almost ready to take off." She was adamant on collecting one more material to use later. "I wonder how long it'll take me to reach other ranks. She figured that information was the back of the card.

98920 19

Edited by Reinka

"There we go!" She stood up and started to make a break for it to head back to the first floor. She'd have to set up there for now. At least she hoped she could set up there. "I wonder if there is a plot of land I can find for this place. This way some players that haven't left the area could still have healing items available to them. I guess they have a lot of food though." Steel would likely show her more places to eat so she was curious if that worked well enough for everyone. "Hm, I wonder what cooks can actually make." she tapped her lip as she walked through the gates. She looked up at all the shops in front of her and was worried the other shops might make hers look small, or that because she was a new alchemist she wouldn't get any customers.

Edited by Reinka

She entered the town of beginnings again and looked around at all the shops curiously. She tried to find some blacksmith shops or merchant shops. It'd be good to place herself there with them instead of among a bunch of alchemy shops right? She thought so. Sure it would set off some pattern inside the town, but she knew she'd do better there than anything. "I wonder how much my own creativity goes into this place." She was a little hopeful but also a bit worried at the same time. What if she wouldn't be allowed her own creative spin on the place. "Here's hoping." She looked at a plot of land. "This one looks okay actually. The competition doesn't seem so bad here at all, there is some, but all in all a good spot." She walked the whole lot to inspect it one more time to make sure it was big enough for her store. It was then she wondered if the plots were all the same size, but it didn't seem to matter.

Edited by Reinka