[F1 PP:Reinka and Outlander] <<Earning a Living>> Reinka meets the merc with a mouth

"Oh running, that's a good way to stay in shape without turning into a hulking mass of muscle. When I see people like that I try not to judge but it just looks off to me. You know, it's like there is a thing as being too healthy." She stated thinking about body builders. "Mine too, but that's my own fault for just sitting around depressed, it didn't get me anywhere when this place is gorgeous you know. I'm just glad I didn't so anything stupid." She sighed it could have been a bad time for her.
"Huh I do? I would think I'm too much of a goody goody but all right I'll take it as a compliment. She smiled happily. Oh, you said you wanted to be a cook, is that a hobby, did you ever pick up brewery? If you do go that route don't forget to call me, I'll buy a strong one, I like taquilla okay. Oh, hey, would you run a comedy club or something? I don't think anyone has started an open mic night, maybe something for songs but not stand up comedy. "Um the game censored you just now. Did you say sock a duck?" she asked as she snickered trying to find more materials. "Poor duck...."

ID# 97621 results: 7

Edited by Reinka
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Duck what? I never said... Oh nevermind. It doesn't matter anyway." Outlander said with disappointment lingering in his voice. "But yes, I've looked into brewery, unfortunately, you really can't get drunk in this game. So, at least there is no hangovers. Unless they are doing surgery on you IRL. In which case, painkillers." Outlander added, he was really interested in brewery, he planned on making a tavern/inn/guild headquarters. "If I do successfully create a brewery, it would be a tavern and an inn, and a place for guild members to meet. If I was in a guild at the time, all drinks are half off for that guild. Good advertising, also, I thought of a sign to reel in the idiots. Ahem... "Buy one drink for the price of two! And get a second, absolutely free."...perfect right?

"Hm, still there's probably a placebo effect on people who might not have had a drink who don't know any better maybe. Actually that'd be kind of hillarious to see someone stagger around thinking they're drunk but aren't. "Oh you're starting up a guild then good luck. I keep hearing about people wanting to start but haven't done it. I wonder if there's enough people who aren't in a guild around for everyone who wants to start a guild to start one." she wasn't sure. "Mhm, the guild would probably adore you for that one. Pity I wouldn't get that deal still cool though. Hm why not by the first drink for the price for two and the second one half off. See who catches on when they ask for the VIP Drinks. You know Very Idiotic Person Drink." she realized at the moment she was using her mirror technique. "Actually don't do that it's not moral, and they might get roudy." she felt bad for even bringing it up.

She kept looking around again feeling a bit like an idiot now.

ID# 97658 results: 2

Edited by Reinka

"Thanks, and don't worry, I don't think lower of friends unless they ask me to. You see, life is to short to be serious all the time, if you can't laugh at yourself, call me... I'll laugh at you." Outlander said sarcastically. He then began looking for materials, he decided to ask her a question. "Hey, did you play horror games? I did, I liked them, they were fun. There is lots to say about them to, for example my favorite horror game before SAO. Was released a few years back, its called "Do You Copy", its. Well, unsettling creepy, then it scares you. It made my heart jump so many times. I wonder if this game has a horror mechanic. To scare people. That would be fun to do or even watch."Outlander said, he thought he saw something, but, he unfortunately did not. Bummer. He looked back at Reinka, then asked: "What kinda games were your favorite?"

Edited by Outlander

She laughed happily hearing that he'd make fun of her. "Sometimes that's pretty good medicine actually. Either you'll end up picking yourself up to fix the issue, or you look back on the stupid thing you did and can laugh at it letting it go quickly. Heh, I bet I don't have to explain it to a guy like you." She smiled at him. "You get that kind of thing I bet."

She tilted her head listening about do you copy.

"I haven't heard of that one. I'll look it up later." She opened up her menu and put the name of the game into a note file. "Hm what games do I like. Well I like modding skyrim still ha, fan games for pokemon not actually pokemon as much anymore just the retro things, some indie things. I really liked Tale of two brothers, even if it made me cry a bit like a baby. Still the story telling was on par. Which is why I like final fantasy games, and anything Atlus ever made." She admitted. "They're more what I use to escape reality." She replied.

"A scare mechanic huh? I guess if you can figure out how to paralyze something with your voice or something. Maybe? Like a shout in Skyrim or something." she rubbed the back of her neck trying to think about it.

"I guess I don't play horror outside of resident evil and silent hill. I like the mental part of silent hill with special James as I call him, you know he got a letter from his dead wife. Way to go James....The dog ending in that one, the creators were asked what ending is canon and they said it should be that one. I love how trolly they are sometimes." She snickered. "I'm not so good with jump scares. It's not the random image that gets me it's usually the scream. FOr this reason I hate suspense music, but in theater I love it you know? For that reason I love Bioshock 1 and 2 with it's shadow deaths ect." She kissed her own hand. "Perfecto." she said happily. "I usually use games to get into character or better yet escape. That's how I got stuck here. I wanted an escape from life just to be another character, and now I'm literally living it. It's serile but....There's something nice about it....Hey after all this garbage, I'll follow you and if you do horror game lets plays I"ll watch you because you might make me laugh enough to enjoy it." She laughed happily and started to look around the ground again.

ID# 97750 results: 15 +3lt = 18

"Found you!" She said trying to impersonate DC Dougles's version of Wesker from RE 5
Mats 1

Edited by Reinka

"That the thing though, I doubt any of us are getting out of here. Not alive that is." Outlander said solemnly, then he waved his hand as if dismissing the idea and also to change the subject. "But hey, what doesn't kill me. Flat out disappoints me." He then began thinking to himself about how it is "supposed" to kill you. Isn't it supposed to kill you with a high amount of energy to the brain? Leaving it completely disfunctional? Some people here are safe then. "Sometimes, I feel as if I'm surround by idiot, all the time. My question is, where do they come from?" Outlander said sounding disappointed. "Not that your are one of the many, I just felt it was nessacary to change topic." Outlander streched out his arms and continued to look for resources.

ID# 97860: Loot: 2 Fail

She figured that meant he felt hopeless and didn't want to push his hate of the world around him on others.

"No worries, you can be you in front of me." She gave him a thumbs up. "Guess we won't know if you should dissipointed but I hate to be the disappointment, I'm going to try to make it. Maybe only to piss off the person who took so long to do all this you know? That had to take planing and now it's been what two years, and he probably feels like he's won right......Well...I guess we'll just have to blow his mind, if he has one at this point." She had a grin on her face. "Not that I'm in a hurry, I've come to appreciate this place a bit. The visuals the escape, so I'll give the game a shot." She shrugged. "Besides wouldn't be much fun to sit around even sitting turns into a chore." She sighed annoyed at that. "Hey if you find some sweet views later to enjoy tell me about them okay. I didn't really notice the outdoors as much without you in the first place." She was happy to find comfort in this place but it would have been tricky to notice without the merc with a mouth in front of herself.

ID# 97869 results: 19 (there we go)
2/5

"Speaking of sweet spots, we found a good spot here I think nice one chief." She gave him a thumbs up. "Tell me where to look and I'll run to it."

Edited by Reinka

"Well, I guess your sorta right, but what if on floor one hundred. There really isn't a way to escape, and was just a lie from the start? Outlander said back. "That means he wins either way." He added. He didn't appreciate this world as he didn't apreciate the real one. "At least there is boar." Outlander said to himself. "Should we finsh this up? How many materials do we have left to collect? Like, 2?" Outlander really didn't know, he didn't pay attention earlier. Not knowing how long this was going to take, he simply decided to ask. Outlander was slowly getting less appreciative outside the safety of town, he had suffered a loss outside, something that will scar him forever. He never wanted to see that dungeon again. 

She tapped her lip thinking about it. "We still win. Because his death game failed then." She smiled. "Unless we all you know kick the bucket, but if that's the case he's a $hi7 loser.  I'd call it a win." she wasn't too scared of that happening. "It'd take awhile for that to happen anyway, and the government could just as easily say we all cost too much or something, so in the end it doesn't really matter. So I'm going to live it up while I can because I bet that'd piss someone off at some point." she laughed.
"I've got three, sorry, my luck is garbage today. Point me in a direction again chief. I trust you, cause right now I'm failing." she smiled rather embarrassed but maybe he'd give her some good advice on where to look this time. Though she felt he was distracted but maybe it was nothing.

ID# 97908 results: 9

"Ugh, failed again, yup point the way maybe you'll give me some luck."

Edited by Reinka

"Trust me..." Outlander said in clarification. "...when it comes to gathering quests, I'm about as useful as a screen door on a submarine. Actually, it depends on how awake I am." Outlander said looking around for materials. He didn't know all the "pro" stuff about finding materials, but he was fine with that. A nice cool breeze filled the air, it felt relaxing but chilly all the same. He again asked Reinka how much to go, sense he didn't get a straight answer the previous time. "So, how mu h to go? You didn't tell me before..." Outlander said, he then streched as he walked around looking for materials. It was peaceful and quiet, the only sounds were them and the games suprizingly happy ambient soundtrack. 

She laughed. That had to be the best analogy she had ever heard. Even if he pretty much called himself useless in the situation it was still to hard not to bust out laughing.

"That's a good one." She smiled happily. "As for how many I have left to go I need to find three more. I bought a necklace to help me find stuff easier but it's not doing it's job." She craned her neck back to show off the kraken pendant she was wearing. "And before you laugh and say something about tenticals, I just love creatures of the sea....I guess most of my friends find it wierd because they think squids are scary and they are but I love them anyway." She laughed thinking about it. "How about you do you like anything out of the norm like that?" she asked curiously. "Or maybe like a weird food combination?" she asked as she looked around

ID# 98020 results: 12 (Missed by 1 ugh XD)

Edited by Reinka

"Squids? I don't think they are scary, the only thing that if fear inthe ocean is something particularly poisonous. And some people don't know if they've been bitten." Outlander said then coughed. "*cough* Blue ringed *cough* Octopus *cough*." He looked at Reinkas amulet. "Impressive, whats interesting is an that I have a coffee that helpswith looting, unfortunately, I've hadit for a while and I don't know if food goes stale.Orin this case rotten. Mmh mmmm! I just love curdled cappuccino!" Outlander said, pretending to drink something in a cup. He listened to Reinka, he decided to tell her about the major thing he is interested in. "I like thibgs no one has understood or discover completely. Which means, Space, certain parts of the ocean,and human psychology. Fun fact, did you know peopleare scared ofwhat they don't understand? Its interesting really..."

"Noooooooo!" She said in fake slow mo. "Don't you'll die from the poison of food rot!" She believed the game wouldn't spoil food then paused. "Wait you make a good point though, if food doesn't spoil or age in this case how does one make a good cheese, yogurt, or wine then?" Now she wondered if all cheese would taste about the same which would be a let down. "I hope there's some good quality foods that taste like they're suppose to."

She brightened a bit hearing about the poisonous octopus. "I adore them even if they can kill me. It's just a like that I have." She shrugged.

She gave him a look when he space then lit up when he said the ocean.
"I'll admit I hate how much the world invests in space. I mean good for them, but we don't know everything about our own planet, we need to work on that first don't you think, but that's just my opinion. Yeah, people are afraid of the unknown I welcome it. It's failure I have problems with." she kept looking around. "Did you want to be an astronaut because that'd be cool."

ID# 98026 results: 1
2/5

Edited by Reinka

"Food rot? The reminds me of Panda Express." Outlander then proceed to tell a story of how he went to panda express twice and got food poisoning both times. "...and that is why, I can never look at an egg roll the same way again" He said sarcastically.She told him about certain foods that would need to age, his response was. "Understandable, have a nice day." Outlander found out she like that Octopus he mentioned, his comment was: "That reminds me of this picture of a guy holding one he picked up on the beach, the subtext read: I found this oittle guy on the beach, anyone know what it is? Then someone copyed and pasted the actual animal description onto the post saying "The boue ringed octopus, one of the most poisonous and dangerous animals in the ocean." Outlander chuckled a little. "...the next comment was the guys response, it simply read: Oh f#ck." Outlander was intrigued by the next topic. "That is true, we know less about are own ocean then we do about space. But space is far more dangerous and has more interest. For example, supernovas are more interesting then trenches." Outlander heard her ask if he wanted to be an astronaut. "No, no no no, Im not overly-realistic and I'm not retarded..." Outlander then continued to gather resources. 

ID# 98040 results: Loot = 5 (THE SYSTEM IS AGAINST ME!!!)

Edited by Outlander

"Oh my various deities that's pretty garbage you got sick there. I guess our fast food industry isn't always so good. I use to grow my own food in my yard because too much food made me sick too, that and I'm on health diets, and lets just say I dislike the garbage we put in other foods. The only time I ate really well was when I was in Texas and everything was actually fresh. I mean I hate how up north like Wisconsin has farmland but it seems there are no fruit trees at all because everything is sprayed. It's annoying and it tastes so bad. Even if you wash everything it's bitter and not right at all." She sighed annoyed. "Don't have that problem here thankfully, hey maybe you don't have to worry about getting the stomach flu here then too." This might be a great thing for both of them.

"Here's hoping that guy set it back into the Ocean. Seriously if an animal has noncamoflague colors like blue and orange or red and orange it's likely poisonous. It's natures way to warn enemies to not eat them and it does protect them....Except from stupid humans." She sighed.

"How so? I mean you can't breath in space and if you try it's a vacuum and that kills you, but I mean it's the same in the ocean only reverse as the water will just fill up your lungs with water. Yeah we found a supernova, we don't know what all goes on down there. Aside from krakens and I'm still crossing my fingers for a mosasorus living really deep down there."

ID# 98078 results: 19
3/5

"All right only two more!"

Edited by Reinka

"Yeah. The fast food industry is a dumpster fire waiting to happen. And by waiting, I mean a dumpster filled with high oxygen containing fuel for a Solid Fuel Rocket Booster." Outlander said sarcastically. "Well, I don't have much else to talk about. I think I shared more here then ever. Oh and next time you go to the Carribean, tell captian Jack Sparrow I said 'Hi'". " Outlander stopped on the trail, and leaned against the base of a large oak tree. He leaned his back against it, pulled out a knife, and began twirling it between his fingers like you would coin or a pencil. He didn't seem to be injuring himself either. He does this when he starts becoming uninterested with something, or bored. Both are the same to him. "Lets hurry this up, I have places to be, and bounties to collect." His eyes darted bush to bush looking for materials to collect. "Nothing, same old, same old..."

ID# 98093 results: Loot: 1 (OH WHAT THE F-)

She laughed.
"I'll see if I can catch him or almost catch him to tell him that for you." Bounties huh? "I guess I'm only interested in booty, wait, that came out wrong. I meant treasure. Haha." She smiled happily. "Yeah, sometimes it's hard to find anything in this stupid place. I still have two more of these things to go. Hey, if you find that dumpster maybe we can ride it to the top floor. Wouldn't that be a kick in the teeth." she relaxed a bit. "I hope fishing isn't this hard. I was told you can also take fishing along with your major job class whatever this is. Seriously though, it'd be more fun to just be allowed to try everything. Sure you could only craft so many times a day but then you have to choose what you want." She shrugged. "But whatever. I still want to see a rocket here, or fireworks. That'd be neat too if it looked right."

ID# 98108 results:  1 (This is weird)

Edited by Reinka
  • 2 weeks later...

She waved goodbye to Outlander. "See you around okay! Don't forget to send me a message whenever okay!" It seemed he had some other business to attend to. "Shoot the sun is going down soon. I better hurry up before more monsters spawn into the area. I don't want to be caught then." She took in a deep breath and kept looking for the materials she needed. She honestly hoped her pendant was working, maybe she'd have to recharge it in water or sunlight, but would that work. The sunlight wasn't real, but neither was her pendant after all. "I'll have to give that a try later anyways. Right now I have to just keep searching so I can get a job as an alchemist." she kept digging around. "I wonder if getting a skill for searching would be a good idea, tch, maybe not I have other skills I have to worry about and it looks like I can only have so many equip." she sighed but felt it gave her more of a challenge.

98885  19
4/5

Edited by Reinka

"All right I got one. I guess I was distracted before! Well it was fun meeting him at least. Maybe I'll introduce him to Steel." she wondered if his humor would rub Steel the wrong way and pondered it for a moment. "I'm not sure he can do what I do." she rubbed the back of her head for a bit and shrugged it off. "Well it doesn't matter soon I'll be an alchemist and everything will be better for Steel and I." she stretched and moved to another location to keep searching. She felt so close to achieving her goal at this point. "I'll have a place to show off to Steel too, and if we need potions or crystals we have it covered. I just have to keep trying." She took in a deep breath. "I bet this is also the easy part of this whole mission, I'm stressing out over nothing. Oh well." she laughed.

98886 7

Edited by Reinka

"Tch dang, I messed up. I almost got a thorn in my palm too. Weeds sure come up fast even with the snow still on the ground. In a few more days the seasons in the game will change. It's so strange to see it happen instantly, and yet kind of cool." She kept working in the fields looking for one more material that would help her advance her career. She looked up again at the darkening sky and it became night. "Okay I'll just have to stay low then." she inhaled and kept searching around as quietly as possible trying not to rustle anything too loudly in fear she'd draw enemies to herself. A lot of the snow was melting though, so she hoped she'd have more luck in the days to come, maybe she'd even find a floor that didn't have a winter season, which would be ideal for most herbs and various other crops.

98887 4

Edited by Reinka