(PP-F2) Upon Wings of Fury <Feeding the Enemy>

Embers smirked widely, damn right she didn’t fear Dromarus. She feared absolutely nothing, yet alone someone stupid enough to think they could control her. But, let Domarus think he had his little power trip over her. She honestly couldn’t care what he thought. Yes, she respected him, but that respect had its own limits. She would listen, and possibly take what he said with some merit. But anymore than that, was entirely up to her as how she was feeling at the time.

“So your plan is to have the strong by your side, and use them to rule over the weak?” She asked, just aiming for a solid answer. Some of what he said went completely over her head, she wasn’t the smartest one around. She knew that much, but somethings were worth asking. For that was all she cared to worry about, the girl let out a sigh. She was unaware that Domarus had intentions outside of Sword Art Online, unaware he intented control outside of this world. Once they broke free, Embers had no intention to sticking around, after all. Once she had her freedom back, she’d go out, get insanely drunk and explore the world. That was her ‘plan’.  

@Domarus

Edited by Embers

Domarus chuckled at her words, simplifying everything to something she could understand.  In truth it was more complicated than that but if she needed it simpler then so be it.  He nodded.

"Yeah, something like that."  He looked off into the mountains and gestured for them to continue.  
     "Come on, we should focus on getting your familiar.  There's much to do once you have it."  With that they began trekking up the mountain once again.

"If you're ever in the mood for a duel just let me know.  I found that if you release yourself, it's far easier to keep calm and control outbursts when in public, as well as keep secrets intact.  In addition, I must say it was the most...  'fun' I've had in a while.  Which is something I usually don't focus on."  He was realizing that if he was to keep her loyalty, he had to keep her respect.  Part of that was keeping up his strong side, show her there was no way she could defeat him whatsoever.  As they walked Keres moved behind them.  When the positioning was right, and when they had to halt before climbing a steep point, Keres hugged Embers from behind.

"I'm soooooo glad you know all this now!~  It will be really nice to have someone strong on our side."

@Embers

Embers followed Domarus, namely because he seemed to want to lead the charge for her familiar. She was getting annoyed at the lack of a payoff, she’d been searching for what felt like forever and just nothing. How long was this game intending to just screw around with her? She felt her anger building back up.

“Control…?” The girl frowned, the hell was he talking about control for? Did he not know that she didn’t care to control herself? She did what she wanted, how she wanted, when she wanted. If she wanted to punch him in the face, she’d damn well try it and he’d have to defend himself. “Controls boring as hell Dom…” The girl smirked hearing he’d had fun, because that was one of the better fights she’d had in a while. In part, she hated how she couldn’t hear him grunt in pain as she hit him. She knew her punches hit like a truck, and would have LOVED to hear him in pain from her punches.

Once again, though, her train of thought was cut off as the maid, Keres, hugged her. Embers reacted out of nothing more than instinct, grabbing the arms and flipping Keres over her own head, slamming the girl into the ground before realizing the person grabbing her from behind was someone she knew “…T-thanks, just, don’t grab me from behind like that…” she said, her version of an applogy “I get…well, violent if I feel someone grab me from behind”

@Domarus

He saw and heard her frustration and chuckled.

"No, I suppose not.  I'm not saying to have an on and off switch Embers, only requesting that you be careful not to when in public.  By public I meant in the towns and other safe zones.  Out in the middle of the floor with a handful of other players I don't care about, they can be swayed.  However I understand if you won't adhere to this rule either.  I have an understanding of what I must sacrifice to have you on my side, and I believe it will be worth the effort,"  he said with a grin.  When she spoke after throwing Keres over her head, Domarus simply laughed while Keres, through expression heavy breathing and eyes, looked a bit, excited.
     "
Since we aren't hiding anything, I may as well tell you she has a...  Well a unique hobby.  You see in the real world, and before the system removed pain dampener removal here, Keres has a tendency to enjoy pain, in addition to wanting to serve.  How she got that tendency and desire is up for you to ask, and her to answer.  In the meantime we should keep moving."  He wanted this to be over as much as she did, but at least she'd have something to talk about with Keres.

@Embers

Embers grin came out once again, she loved the feeling she got from Domarus. He understood her strength, he knew that she was a storm that bowed to no one. If he had implied he controlled her emotions, she’d of decked him. However, he seemed to understand that she didn’t bow to him, even if she was one of those General things.

“Good to know you know I ain’t some pet to be leashed. I’ll fight for you…” She said, grinning. But behind her smile, Embers mind did ask a question. What would she be fighting, who was Domarus intending to aim her at? If he aimed her at the wrong target, unbeknownst to him, she would go rogue. Respect, even hers, only brought you so much room with a fire.

Although, Keres now baffled Embers even more than before. Embers enjoyed a good fight, the pain reminded her she was alive and human. The void of pain had annoyed her, but Keres was something else. She founded like she got off on pain, an odd prospect that Embers, found herself, not wanting to know. “Lets get movin’” she agreed, but found herself underable to stop herself “Oi, Ker. What’s with the whole ‘painful master’ thing you’ve got with Dom eh?” She found the words coming out before even thinking about them “You just get off on the pain?”

Domarus smiled as Embers said that.  He expected as much but it didn't matter.  She didn't care as long as she had something challenging to fight.  So he'd take her on more dangerous quests, or at least supposed dangerous ones.  Event bosses and Boss raids.  And then of course if anyone rose up to appose him, he'd summon her to attack the player.  If he could get said player to attack him or her first, then he could then attack and aid her, preventing him from receiving an orange cursor.  She said to keep moving and he couldn't help but chuckle to know that she had nothing to say after that.  As they walked however, she called out to Keres, who moved closer to Embers, walking directly beside the tall woman with an innocent smile.

"Yes mistress Hellstorm?"  When she heard the question she grinned.

"I enjoy and relish in the sensation of being in pain.  When I met Domarus for the first time he didn't fool me.  I knew who he was and what he'd do, so I begged him to make me his servant.  Before the pain receptors, even with them, he vents his anger and frustration out on me, which I enjoy."  She giggled.

"If you'd be willing to be friends with me, maybe I'll tell you why I enjoy it so much~"  She giggled again as she tailed back behind.  Domarus slowed down a bit himself until he was beside Embers himself.

"Another thing you should know about her, and probably have already figured out, is that she likes to mess around with other people's emotions, enjoying their reactions.  Because the pain receptors are no longer adjustable, she's been focused on those tactics around everyone."

@Embers

Embers couldn’t fully understand what the hell Keres found in being, basically, abused by Domarus. Embers found the idea impossible to entertain, as she could only understand truly by placing herself there. And if Domarus ever craved her being physically abused, well, she’d beat him within inches of his life back in the real world.

Embers glance at Domarus “Yeah, I figured that out. Keres just staring at me” She turned to face the maid “Look, Keres, I don’t get this whole serving and such. But if you try use me like some doll to mess with my head, I will hurt you” she said. Unaware that this ‘threat’ she was trying to make, might be taken differently by a maid whose mind worked in such a way that Embers found impossible to understand. “Oh, by the way Dom, how many of us have ya got?” She asked finally “I’m gunna go out on a limb and say I’m not the first general you’ve got”

@Domarus 

Hearing Embers mention Keres just staring at her he chuckled in amusement.  The staring was unsettling her?  If it was someone else staring at her he'd laugh.  But Keres had a way of looking into your soul from any angle.  She could read you, but people could feel her gaze when she wanted.  Keres walked calmly beside Embers as she listened to her threat and giggled.

"Mistress Embers, I would never do that.  Not now that you're working with us~  And, I do apologize about the past times, I just can't help myself.  I've been trying to practice in a way to help Domarus' plans but so far it's been fairly neutral.  And if your beatings can break the pain receptors then by all-"  

"Keres that's enough."  
She fell silent but kept her smile intact as they walked.  Domarus turned to Embers when she asked her next question, directed to him. 

"You'd be correct in that area.  Currently there are three.  A player named Hidden who is an acting assassin and has her own alias so she can work out in the open as well as in the shadows.  A player named Aereth who when I recruited him started as a strong warrior, but he seems to be shifting to a more rogue stance.  This is unfortunate as Hidden is already our rogue.  It's my goal to find another warrior type of player to fill in the fourth general's position.  Once we have all positions filled, and once all players are a high enough level we can start taking on events and boss raids and make a real name for ourselves."

@Embers

Embers wasn’t entirely sold on Keres being honest with her. She had a feeling Domarus wasn’t the only crafty one, and if she was honest, Keres made her more worried than Domarus. At the end, despite his ridiculous sneaking around, he was a warrior of respect. But Keres, something about that girl unnerved her, a lot.

Her attention, short as it was, was dragged to Domarus as he began explaining the other generals. She hadn’t heard of a single name of any of these other players. Hidden, Aereth, and now, herself. She was curious to meet them, see what kind of people these other ‘generals’ were.

“Right, so your plan is basically, get someone who can fight, wait until they all have levels, then go and become famous?” Once again, Embers simplifying everything she was being told into a short simple sentence. The girl stretched her arms out again, unable to help herself and looked around, her crimson eyes on the hunt for a possible familiar. After all, despite the fight, that was the purpose of her being here and she wouldn’t stop until she got what she wanted.  

It was clear to Domarus that Embers wasn't going to get used to Keres any time soon.  He didn't blame her as the girl took some getting used to.  She had devoted herself entirely to Domarus and even he felt unnerved from time to time.  At any rate though, Embers would be adjusting one way or another.  She was a dangerous weapon that he would have to be wary of and use accordingly.  In order to use her however he needed to make certain he was on top.  Right now he was level thirty something, so he needed to work his *ss off to get to level fifty and thus have reached tier three.  Once he did that he could finally reach and fight along the front lines.  Hopefully by then he would have a guild hall as well.  Though he may not have the two handed assault spear by then just yet.  When Embers spoke he heard her simplify his plans to an insane degree and just stared at her for the first few seconds.

"If you want to simplify it that greatly then sure, I want to get famous.  Though it's more to it than that."  Domarus looked around and snapped  his fingers at Rhozarth, who took it as a sign to look for the bird again.  The fiery dragon flew up into the air to scout the area out once more.  Hopefully they'd find her bird and Domarus could go grinding again.

15 posts passed

@Embers

Embers glanced around, almost ignoring Domarus entirely. Her instincts were on fire, an animalistic calling within her that just told her something was amiss. She looked around, before grinning. Finally! With only a yell, the girl shot off up one of the sheer cliffs, fighting for hand grips. To the side was a simplier walking path, but Embers didn’t care for it. She always had spotted it, an animal in the distance, observing her. Hunting her.

It was a short climb up, but soon, Embers found herself face to face with yet another avian. This time, a large White-Tailed Hawk. A single word came out of her mouth, nothing more than a growl “Rowan…”

The girl lifted her arm out and whistled. The Hawk tilted his head to the side as if asking a question. Embers let out a yell “Listen to me, I’ve played your stupid games. So listen well, Rowan. You are mine, and I, I am yours. I claim you as my own” The girl walked forwards slowly and the Hawk simply watched her “I see what I want…And I will seize it. I do not ask for it, I do not wish for it. I take it” The girl was slow to the bird, a burning fire within her eyes and heart as she glared at the bird. A clear challenge boomed from her.

Suddenly, the Eagle spread its wings and flew, not onto the girls outstretched arm, but onto her shoulder, landing there. Embers began laughing, loudly, almost with a happy innocene as she looked at the Avian, who belonged, with her “Damn buzzard…”

Spoiler

ID: 99083

LD: 16 (+8) = 22

Result: Familiar Found and Tamed!

Edited by Embers

Watching as Embers seemed at first distracted, and then focused on scouting, he looked around himself in case her familiar was in sight.  Rhozarth made a cry after Embers had found it and Domarus followed his gaze, spotting the bird just before it flew into view.  Embers began by whistling with her arm out though all it really did was cock it's head curiously.  She then began to give it a little speech which actually caused Domarus to chuckle with amusement.  When the bird landed on her shoulder instead of her arm Domarus clapped slowly with a chuckle.

"Nice speech.  Though it seems he has his own desires.  Well either way we've finally found your familiar.  I assume you'd like some time to teach and train him, so we should probably part ways for now.  I have a few things to work on before night falls, and more after that even."  This of course, included getting Aereth and Hidden and punishing them for their inactivity.  As well as getting stronger, recruiting more players for the guild, and gathering more and more col for the guild hall.  He needed to make a name for himself so that his name had weight.  So that when he reached the front lines they would take him seriously and he could begin his conquest one bit at a time.  Once he had gained enough powerful forces he could take down dark guilds and possibly rally all the players together for the stronger ones such as the laughing coffin.  If he could do that he would definitely earn respect.

@Embers

Embers petted the bird, right as she heard Domarus voice. Rowan hopped onto the girls arm, clearly stating its claim. Embers was his, and he was hers. Even the bird, even as a familiar, knew it. Embers smirked watching it, it seemed, even in this world, Rowan was still Rowan.

“His own desires maybe, but he is mine. But, I’m just happy to have him back” the girl rubbed under the birds neck, and some of the feathers were rustled as a result. “I’ll have to teach him a few things, but overall, I’m just happy to have him back” She watched Domarus start to leave, along with Keres. She turned to Rowan, who looked at her with pine-green eyes. Domarus had an intention to rule the world, but she couldn’t care less. He was a manipulator, and maybe, getting her Rowan would make her his. Embers laughed as she sat down with Rowan. If Domarus thought a fire could be tamed, he was sorely mistaken.

Thread Complete: Rewards

Both: 1SP, 400 col <200 each>

Embers: Familiar Found and Tamed <Rowan, the White-Tailed Hawk>. Familiar Specialty: Accuracy.