[F9-SP] Iron Bends Before the Flame <<The Iron Guardian>>

Domarus had to get back into grinding for levels once again.  His fight with Embers had been a reminder that he needed levels and the ability to increase his skills quickly enough to reach the front lines.  He could have his current members in the guild, including Raven, look for new players to join the guild.  Hopefully players who would remain active.  His eyes narrowed as he thought of the players in his guild.  Hidden had been inactive as of late, as was Aereth.  He was pretty much back at square one again.  Hidden was more like a tool than a general, and Aereth was either nowhere to be found or was so conflicted with himself it made Domarus sick.  Not to mention he wasn't good at following orders very well.  They were strong but it seemed their passion didn't match that strength.  Then there were the newcomers:  Embers and Raven.  The two players were promising, but both with their risks.  He couldn't control Embers and Raven was innocent.  He needed to be very careful as to how he worked with them both.  The wrong move would be bad for him.  Greatly.

Spoiler

Level:  37

Health:  760/760

Energy:  76/76

Mitigation:  54

Accuracy:  3-4

Evasion:  0

Damage:  15-19

Damage over Time:  None

Counter Damage:  2 Tier 2 Thorns:  24 dmg

Spoiler

Non-combat:

»

Passive:

» Survival (extra skill) <0>

» Gatherer (+3 MAT per find) <10>

Combat:

» No rank Meditation <0>

» Rank 5 Charge <50>

» Concentration <Extra>

Weapon skills:

» Rank 5 Two handed Axe [+8 dmg] <50>
»Rank 3 Fighter familiar [+6 dmg Tier 2] <18>

Mods:

» Rank 5 Ferocity [+1 dmg] <15>

Edited by Domarus

For today however he needed to focus on power leveling.  That and collecting enough col for a guild hall.  He'd gather it all by himself if he needed to d**n it.  If he had to shove his guild into activity so be it, but he would not be letting them drag him down into the abyss.  From what he heard however the col cost for purchasing a guild hall, had dropped some so he'd probably need to look that up.  In addition he'd need to look for any bonuses the guild hall could provide and determine what he'd need or not.  Once he'd determined that he could evaluate how much col he'd need for the guild hall, and how much he'd need for a house if he wanted one.  Which in fact he did, especially once he had learned the bonus abilities the house's rooms could give him.  He'd definitely need them.  That however, was all gained from col grinding.  He'd probably grind a few mobs after this if this quest didn't take long.  The quest that the info broker told him about.

According to the info broker, there was a boss known as the Iron Guardian.  This Iron Guardian had several knights that he'd have to fight before he could fight the guardian himself.  Evidently there should be only one knight to worry about, which mean that this would be over even quicker.  Once the knight was taken care of he'd need to clear out the guardian and he'd obtain the rare item.  Some sort of special support item or some such.  He didn't care about such a thing, he only needed the experience points the quest was going to give him.  It wasn't much but he felt he should clear this quest out real quick.  Once he started getting even stronger then he could start taking on more difficult and more rewarding quests.  He could actually take on the dragon anthology quests pretty soon, but that was another story entirely.  Perhaps he'd take the quest with Embers when she was ready...  That woman was certainly a piece of work, and a difficulty for him to work along side with, let alone control.  Although he despised the idea, he may have to reduce his control on her to the point where she'd be most useful, and most loyal.

Edited by Domarus

Domarus was wearing his Hopebreaker set, which included his mitigation as well as thorns damage.  He would easily replace the suit with a demonic item if he was able to, but unfortunately he was too far from the frontlines to be able to do that just yet.  Soon though, he'd grind his way to tier three and join their ranks.  He'd need to work hard and struggle with the boring quests to get to the top, but he'd hit there eventually.  Once he did he wouldn't rest until he was the strongest among them.  As he walked in the general direction of the quest, a knight wearing iron armor appeared before him, wielding a sword aimed for Domarus.  He didn't give the monster a chance to act, using the charge skill and releasing the sword art Screw Dimension.  As he passed the knight, it shattered into crystals, since he dealt a one hit kill.  He did notice his health go down slightly, meaning that they had some form of thorns ability.  That would be interesting if they weren't so terribly easy to defeat.  This wouldn't be enjoyable at all he thought.  Just as he expected as well.

ID#  97589  BD:  6  MD:  4

15+5x13=260 damage.  12 thorns dealt to Domarus

Domarus:  748/760  <>  64/76

Iron Knight:  0/72

Edited by Domarus

Domarus continued to walk forward, still disappointed with this game and it's stupid, boring quests.  These monsters were not at all powerful and that sucked all the interest he had out of it.  Regardless of that little fact he needed to get the experience from these quests and level up as fast as he possibly could.  He wondered what quest he should take on after this one was cleared out.  There were plenty to choose from, he just hoped he would be getting stronger very fast when all was said and done.  Soon enough he came across the Iron Guardian.  The monster was massive and had very heavy and powerful armor and sword.  However, like with the Iron Knights, this would be over in a flash.  The Guardian charged as well as Domarus, they both struck at one another...  And the Guardian shattered.  The Guardian didn't even hit him and he destroyed the boss like a paperweight.  It also dealt thorns but it was nothing strong at all.

"Tsk.  This game doesn't know what a powerful quest is at all."

ID#  97593  BD:  7  MD:  1

15+5x13=260

Domarus:  736/760  <>  52/76

Iron Guardian  0/225

Edited by Domarus

Domarus now had the item and heard movement behind him, turning to see the information broker who'd come to retrieve the item from him.  Domarus grinned, keeping up his good reputation as best he could.

"Boss wasn't hard at all, anyone could have done it," he said before tossing the item over to the info broker.  The info broker seemed surprised that Domarus had given him the item so freely.  

"You aren't interested in, keeping the reward?"  
     "Well why would I?  You requested it in the first place didn't you?  I'm here to help you out.  Speaking of which, how about we go get a drink now that this is over.  You look like you could use a day off and relax.  Drinks on me."  As Domarus began to head to the settlement, he was hit, his health going down and the paralysis appearing by his health bar.  He was silent for a moment.

"...What do you think your doing?"

ID#  97609  MD:  9     (OOC note:  I meant to write that it was the broker's attack not Domarus' but I was already in the habit of writing Domarus' sword art so I instinctively put that one in)

200-54=146

Domarus:  590/760  <>  52/76 [Paralyzed]

Info Broker:  150/150

Edited by Domarus

The Info Broker walked over to him with a shadow over his face.

"Most people would rather keep the item, try to seize it and run, kill me and run, or try to negotiate, not one person would give it out of the goodness of their hearts to me.  I don't believe your any different, for all you know you'll poison my drink with paralysis and take me somewhere secluded before you finished me off!"  The info broker struck him a second time, paralyzing him a second time in a row.  Domarus kept his face calm as he stared at this man silently.  The idiot.  The broker was surprised as to how calm Domarus was, but he didn't care.  This was a world where survival of the fittest meant everything, and he was not about to let this man trick him into an ambush.  He wouldn't let it ha-

"You are a complete moron, and once I'm free of this stupid effect your dead."

Domarus:  ID#  97610  BD:  9

15+5x13=260 dmg

Broker:  ID#  97611  MD:  10

200-54=146

Domarus:  444/760  <>  52/76 [Paralyzed]

Edited by Domarus

The information broker's face became more angered and he struck Domarus again, the paralysis had activated and the broker grinned.

"I'm sorry what was that threat again?  When the paralysis wears off?  I'll have you know I'm an expert at paralyzing others, enough to know you can poison someone's drink.  Take a break.  Relax.  Drinks on me.  Nobody's buying it!"  He stood up again and walked in circles for a bit, spinning the dagger around.

"Why don't you just cut the disguise already Domarus?  You seem like a really good person, but you're just the lure aren't you?  You lure others in and player killers jump me at the right time?"  Domarus remained silent, as he was certain the paralysis would wear off the next round.  Either that or the player would miss.  He knew from experience that you can't count on luck to win your battles.  Either he would fail to land paralysis, or he'd miss Domarus entirely.  Either way he'd be good as dead.  Outwardly he just lay there silently staring at him.  

Domarus:  ID#  97612  BD:  2

Broker:  ID#  97613  MD:  10

200-54=145 dmg

Domarus:  299/760  <>  52/76 [Paralyzed]

Edited by Domarus

The info broker chuckled darkly.

"You aren't going to admit it?  Ah well, you'll die here either way!"  Just as the broker lunged to attack the paralysis wore off.  His eyes widened and he stopped his movement and leaped back.  Just in time to avoid the massive black axe that missed his neck by a centimeter.  Those reflexes were quick he thought to himself.  Domarus didn't stop there, he charged and pressed his attack, swinging his ax again and again.  Using it's momentum to keep the attack never ceasing.  He wasn't successful in hitting the information broker, but he was successful in keeping him from landing a successful strike against him, and therefore keep him from applying paralysis again.  Domarus would not allow such a thing to happen.  This player's luck had just ran out.

Domarus:  ID#  97614  BD:  1

Info Broker:  ID#  97614  MD:  4

Domarus:  299/760  <>  51/76 

Edited by Domarus

He continued to press the attack, his eyes showing no mercy, his blows cruel and punishing.  The broker was attempting to evade his attacks but whenever he tried it became more and more difficult as Domarus began to read and predict the broker's movements.  Soon enough the Broker began to tire out and Domarus knew this would be over in moments.  He continued to pound on the player with his massive and powerful assaults, breaking down his defenses until he was ready to release the sword art.  He activated Screw Dimension and hacked the player in half.  The broker landed on the ground watching his health move to zero.  Domarus stood over him and placed his foot on the player's torso.

"I was bored with this quest and the item had no interest to me, so to increase my good reputation I felt the need to give the item to you.  However you like another was paranoid for no reason, and attacked me.  You have an orange crystal and now I have no choice but to finish you off.  Goodbye."  He pushed harder on the player until he shattered.

Domarus:  ID#  97616  BD:  10

15x13=195 dmg

Broker:  ID#  97617  MD:  2

Domarus:  299/760  <>  39/76 

Info Broker:  0/150

Edited by Domarus

Domarus took a look at his health points and gave out a scoff in annoyance.  He wanted to clear out some monsters after this but due to that annoying prick his health was far too low to risk grinding.  Furthermore, he didn't have the survival skill which meant that he would have to wait a very long time before his health was out of the danger zone.  He didn't have that sort of time.  Therefore he would need to head back at this point.  While he did so he could contemplate his guild and where he needed to get it.  Though he should probably check the prices of the guild hall first.  He opened his menu and went to look for the section for guild halls.  When he found it he looked over the pricing.  In total what he'd need in order to purchase it was one hundred and ten thousand col.  Currently he had about sixty four thousand.  Which meant he had quite the ways to go.  He needed to hurry and wrap this up quickly...  However he did hear about a quest that provided a good amount of col.  Perhaps he could take that quest line soon.  The catch was there was a chance you could turn orange if you played the story out wrong.  According to what he heard, the rewards were fifteen hundred col which wasn't bad, and would speed things up a bit.

ID#  97657  LD:  2

Edited by Domarus

Apparently the amount of col you receive from the future quests in the quest line wasn't as great, but col was col and he certainly needed it.  Not to mention he didn't believe the monsters would be a threat either.  Iron Guardian was said to be a difficult quest but it turned out to be the easiest fight he'd been a part of.  Which meant that this quest shouldn't be much of a difference to him.  Just another breeze for Domarus to shoot through.  Perhaps this time he'll have the necessary health to fight monsters afterwards....  Oh wait a second, it was on floor five and that was too low a floor to fight loot required mobs on.  Never mind then, it was going to be rather boring like today was.  He'd be looking for nothing but materials and if he was lucky, a chest.  His luck wasn't that high however so he doubt it would work out.  Just in case though, he switched his weapon to his bonus LD item, in the hopes that he would find materials and chests easier.  Hopefully it would work out.

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case he decided to double check how much col he needed.  His eyes narrowed when he noticed something he missed before:  Room prices.  Each room was about the same price but for the full benefit he'd need every room he could purchase.  The price ended up being twelve hundred, thousand col or so.  He grit his teeth at the price but closed the menu.  Getting angry at it wouldn't change anything.  Ever since the pain receptors were made unadjustable, Domarus had noticed a change in Keres.  She was enjoying his outbursts less and less as time went on, so he'd been finding other ways to handle his stress and anger.  Maybe just going across the floors demolishing the monsters.  It would be to his benefit since he needed to collect col.  The issue was energy.  His sword arts consumed so much of them normally, but it was even worse if he hit one monster and missed the other three of them.  The fires rise