[PP - F14] Life After Death << The Lich's Calling >>

Spoiler

<<The Lich's Calling>>

This quest takes place on Floor 14
This quest is repeatable

This RP will not count in the benchmark

krchCqB.jpg

In a small arena like area with two Barracks on both sides of it, which sits before the pathway into the actual Castle. A crown adorned heavy armored skeletal warrior stands in the middle of the arena with two Skeletal Lichs sitting in the back. Once engaged, the bangs his greatsword on the ground before lifting it above his head. After which a continuous stream of Longsword wielding warriors begin to rush down upon the arena to help save the king. 

Requirements:

-At least one [1] Page (21 or more posts)
-Maximum Party Size of 3
-The Lich King must be defeated
-Repeat completions will only yield <<Darkness Potion>>

Lich King Information:

<<Lich King>> is a respawning Field Boss and has the following statistics:
HP: 350
Damage per Attack: 400

When an allied Skeleton falters while he is still alive. He heals himself for the maximum amount of HP that skeleton had.

Skeletal Warriors Information:

#x <<Shambling Soldier>> is a constantly spawning quest minion as long as Lich King is Alive. (2 every 2 turns)
HP: 100
Damage per Attack: 140

If not killed immediately they will begin to attack each other.

2x <<Skeletal Lich>> is a single time spawning quest minion as long as Lich King is Alive.
HP: 100
Damage per Attack: 140

Dark Coil - Heals allied Undead for 20 health per turn. (Cannot attack enemies)

Rewards:

1. <<Darkness Salve>> Increases Mitigation by 20 at the cost of 3 DMG. Lasts for one thread. Takes a post action to apply.
2. 3 Skill Points

Parties of players are advised.
Recommended Level: 35

(Updated for the September Update)

After the Sea Wyvern boss battle, the day was still young and Ruby and Hestia had found themselves moving onto the next quest to get more done out of the day. Ruby had opened her inventory to find a different pair of clothing as the rain had completely faded and her clothing was extremely wet. Ruby had giggled and said "My outfit is a little wet right now, gonna need to give it some time to dry. Don't be staring~" she had joked to her even though the switch between clothing was instant. She had went into her inventory to pull out a Japanese Outfit that had revealed her chest a little and looked back to Hestia saying out to her "So... how do you like it?" she had asked. She had giggled a little bit before leading her outward saying "So, you and Kimi joined the couples contest, I presume you two are together?"

@Hestia

I roll my eyes at Ruby's joking and flirty nature once more revealing its head as i look up towards the sky just to be polite as i hear you ask how you look and sees your outfit and just shrugs. You look still fine Ruby. would prefer your combat clothes since they aren't as revealing. I tell the girl in all honesty as i look at her with a hand on my hip. And yeah me and Kimi are a couple now. One that i am happy with how things are turning out so far in that regard since it hasn't seem to gotten to weird. I say to you while internally just disagreeing with myself on that. 'Yeah no this got weird as soon as Kairi made Kimi feel uncomfortable. That vibe being very much so present with how she is behaving. I hope that this isn't something horrible. I need to find a way to cheer her up along the way.' I think to myself as i glance towards the black haired girl. So then want to do another quest that you know of, or just want to head back and not do anything? I ask you rather curiously.

Ruby had heard her say that she prefered her combat ones as they weren't as revealing, Ruby had giggled a little bit before saying out to her "Aw whats wrong? Don't like a little eye candy yourself?". However eventually she had said they had been a couple, and one that she was happy with so far, Ruby had placed a hand on her hip and asked her "So the one you had with Kairi was one you didn't enjoy... at all?" she had just wanted to know getting to know the details of the relationship they once had. However if she didn't want to talk about it, she wouldn't press on about it and let her have her space. Eventually she had asked if they were going to do another quest or just head back, Ruby had giggled and said to her "Like I told you silly, we got work to do. You aint getting to the next tier sitting around doing nothing." she had giggled.

@Hestia

I prefer this "eye candy". I say putting that into quotation marks for you via the finger quotation mark gesture. as you call it ruby to be wearing normal clothing, and not being scantily clad. I say towards you. In other words in the usual terms of the modern saying of it. I don't like eye candy. I say having gone in a roundabout manner to explain that i don't care for eye candy. And in regards to Kairi i don't feel like talking about it anymore. I say towards the black haired girl not really caring to talk about a relationship that is over, and in my eyes having said all that would need to have been said about it. I look towards my familiar that starts flying back towards the main settlement having gotten the hint that we will meet him there. The St.Bernard sized lion having gotten tired of just flying in circles. So then what quest is next? I ask my companion for the day it seems.

Ruby had looked to Hestia with a smile as she shifted her stance onto one leg as she moved over still with her hand on her hip, she had listened to Hestia and she had already earned some more "Ruby Bonus Points", Ruby had giggled and said "I can respect a woman that knows what she likes and hates. I apologize for my clothing, but its just the way I like to dress, however if it annoys you to a point I can change if you are wanting." she had respectfully informed her, she had no problems changing if she had wanted her too and if it was bothering her, at least she didn't immediately judge her or tell her to change immediately. Then eventually she had asked her what quest was going to be next, Ruby had giggled and said "There is one quest I wanted to get done that would give a good amount of SP, it is called The Lich's Calling, have you heard about it Hesty?" she had asked her.

@Hestia

At hearing the name of the quest i just get a raised eyebrow and nods my head as i try to think what i could use to survive such a quest. Knowing that the king is supposedly really strong or something of the like which means it will be up to Ruby to try and kill it. I go over my mind what i can do as i nod my head having a plan as i got a strategy. Okay i have a plan then Ruby. What we will have to do is i go in with only vanity clothing, and my sword. i will activate Vengeful riposte, and in theory if i do that in combination with your Highest attack it could be enough to kill the boss. I tell the blond with a nod of my head and a grin upon my face. so yeah i'm up for doing this quest since i think we can survive as long as we follow that. Otherwise we both could die....horribly. I tell her with a shudder at the mere thought of that. I then gesture back towards the main settlement. Why don't we head on back towards the settlement.

Ruby had looked over as she had basically described her plan, and some portions of her plan was pretty good, however she had cocked her eyebrow with a bit at the rest that was a little... unsafe and a flaw to her plan. Ruby had said to her "With all due respect, your plan wasn't bad, however... if you think you and I are going in with Vanity Clothing, you would be crazy. We first have to fight through some minions as well, the last thing I want is for you or me to die fighting. I would rather have the safest route, rather than the most riskiest." she had said out to her "Plus, I am just waiting for the battle clothes to dry first before moving onto the boss anyways, I wouldn't want to go in on a suicide mission." Afterwards she had said why don't they head back to the main settlement, Ruby had let out a small giggle and said to her "Where do you think we are going to now honey?" she had smiled before looking back forward.

@Hestia

Well you will be going in with battle clothing of course Ruby, but i will be going in with vanity clothing to reduce my mitigation as much as possible so Vengeful Riposte can do as much damage as possible. Then you can go in with All Might and hopefully one shot it.  Then after you manage to kill the undead king in that manner we can then focus upon the minions that are there. I will do after we kill the king is use howl take a few hits, and then equip my armor you heal me up then we're back in business. I say to you with confidence in my plan having gathered enough information about the quest since it has been around long enough for word to spread about what is within the quest. Not requiring a genius to figure anything that is present, and it is one of the quests i did invest time into learning about since i had initially only heard that it could be difficult. Having wished to learn just how difficult to make sure i didn't accidentally bring people who could be put in danger by the strength of the quest. To make sure you kill the undead king if you want i can hand you my last Matriarch's stinger. I say as i hand Ruby the item with a nod of my head. I've done long live the queen enough times to have gotten a bit, and have distributed this same quest item a few times. I say with a chuckle.

"Hm." she had let out hearing Hestia's response, she had placed her hand on her chin and looked up, it wasn't like it was a horrible plan, Ruby was still safe, however... the potential of Hestia being seriously hurt or killed was a huge factor. However if she had wanted to try it she would let her, eventually she had looked at her and said "Well... it's not like the plan is bad, its just... relies on a fair bit of luck is all that I am saying." she had took in a deep breath and let it out looking at from her with a smile "However you do you hun, if things go wrong, I will be here to heal you." she had told her with a comforting tone. Ruby had shook her head and waved her hand in front of her and said "No no, that is not necessary I have one already, I just worry that I might not be able to do enough, but I will be able to do it myself." she had giggled and opened her inventory and pulled out a Matriarch's Stinger she had and used it.

@Hestia

-----

-1 Matriarch's Stinger / +1 DMG

I nod my head and puts back my own matriarch stinger with a smile on my face. Just trust me on this Ruby if my plan goes through we will be able to live through this the entire time. I have confidence in this. Especially since i heard the infinitely spawning minions for some reason try to kill each other which means only the Lich's and the king are what we have to worry about. i say with a grin on my face and a chuckle. Knowing i overheard more then a little bit from patrolling the floors, and have found more then my own fair share of sources of information when doing so. Knowing  quite a lot of any quest on tier one floors, and for tier two just knowing some quests that might be very strong. Just having lots of information on tier on to make sure no new players get in over there heads if i spot them trying to do a quest that could get them killed.

Ruby had giggled at her response to her and she had said to her as she had leaned a little closer to her and said "Well, if you are confident in yourself then I cannot stop you even though it sounds like its a little dangerous. Just I'll be behind you ready to heal you if need be." she had looked forward and after a bit of traveling they had finally made their way to the main settlement. She had sighed, Ruby was a little hungry and tired however there was just some other things that they had needed to do first. Maybe they would get food later as a prize or something of the sorts. Ruby had guided Hestia to the floor teleporter, Ruby had looked at her and said "Ready to head out?" she had let out a small giggle. After she had heard that she was prepared, Ruby had grabbed onto her arm and said out "Teleport Floor 14. Stonewall."

@Hestia

I walk along with you back towards the main settlement of floor twelve which isn't that impressive when one can compare it towards Taft the one previous to this floor. I walk towards the teleport gate with a grin on my face. I'm ready when you are Ruby. i say with a smile on my face as i feel the familiar sensation of being teleporter as i look around the area and see the dreary landscape of the fourteenth floor within the camp that is like a war camp for the green cloaks as i know they are called. I frown a bit at that fact at how miserable these people must be about losing their home to some skeletons in some fashion. I look towards you and nods my head. lets go and take back there home with the power of luck on our sides, and hopefully half decent planning. I say towards you as i start walking in the direction of the castle where the king is going to be wearing only my vanity clothing and having my sword equipped like the plan requires.

After they had been teleported Ruby had stepped out to see the 14th floor for the first time, Ruby had looked around and everything... everything just was a little bit off for her. Everything had appeared like a warzone or a war encampment more than anything. Even majority of the people had looked miserable and looked malnourished, Ruby had looked over to Hestia that had a grin on her face as well, however eventually she had spoken out and nodded her head. Ruby had opened her inventory and re-equipped "Mechanical Princess" as it had finished drying or had dried enough for her to wear it and said to her with a smile "Well, hopefully god looks down upon us today. Hopefully our plans doesn't turn wrong all of the sudden to get us in some serious trouble." she had let out a nervous chuckle before moving forward again.

@Hestia

I nod my head at that knowing that if the two of them managed to get ruined by whatever deity looks down at them. Then it is a high chance that she could actually die during the duration of this mission, and if she does. She shakes her head with a fierce look determined not to die by this quest at all. Figuring it is entirely possible to get it over with all that it will require is killing the king first and foremost. However, even then i figure i should at least tell Ruby that i acknowledge this could fail. Hey Ruby if i die today. Make sure that Kimi stays safe, and make sure that Spencer can take my place as the Paladin of the Holy Dragons. I tell you with a glance towards you. I know my plan bets on a lot of factors working just right. I know this, but i feel like it could just work. Though if it does fail i want to make sure that those two can stay protected during the frontlines to have them be able to help everyone else get out of here. I say being real with the girl that is usually a jokester, and a fashionista. Knowing she is a jokester, but figuring she can take this seriously as a moment where i am accepting my mortality of this game.

Ruby had looked over with a cocked eyebrow as she had called herself the Paladin of the Holy Dragons, Ruby had said to her "Must've been a self given title, our guild isn't meant to be better than one person or another or trying to be higher priority than one." however eventually she had shook her head and said "But I suppose if I am dumb enough to let you die, I'll be sure Kimi stays safe." she had placed a hand on her shoulder and said to her "Just believe in yourself, things will go fine if you just believe in your own power. I am here to help and make sure at the end of the day you don't die. So if you can't believe in your own power, just believe in me. And if you die, I will take all responsibility towards your death as it was my fault that I couldn't save you." she had said to her with a more serious tone, Ruby was going to be stubborn about it and take the blame if things were to go wrong.

@Hestia

I call myself a Paladin since that is my build not some title or anything Ruby. Paladin means Healer and Tank, and spencer is going for that role. So if something happened to me i would want to make sure he gets to that position to the best possibility.  When mentioning you will make sure i don't die i nod my head with a smile and gives the girl a one armed hug and then nods my head as the two approach the castle that has a arena on the outside that has the rabble of clanging metal and somehow cheering from the undead entourage as i look towards you with a grin. Ready to go kill a king, and all of his subjects. I ask with a smile on my face as i then make my way towards the arena taking the first step into the its entrance alongside yourself. My familiar standing by my side ready to defend me if need be as i pet his head gently.

Ruby had smiled hearing her response, Ruby had gave a pat on her back saying returning the one armed hug that she had given to her "Well its a honorable title for a beautiful hard working girl if you ask me." she had smiled. However after a moment she had said that she was ready to go kill a king, Ruby had looked to her with a smile and said "Well you better be, because there is no backing away now unless you are extreeeeemely scared." she had giggled. Then after a moment they had made their way to the arena, afterwards she had looked at Purb and she had looked at him with a devilish smile. She had grabbed onto his balloon like body and threw him inside the arena making an explosion before stepping inside. Purb after he had exploded the smoke had reformed back into a ball and he had reformed back into his original form, afterward the King has risen from his seat and began to move towards them along with his minions... Ruby had looked around and looked at one of the other liches that was not the main boss and used All her Might to end its life.

@Hestia

-----
OOC:
Messed up in roller twice. 97850 wrong target, 97852 no description.
ID: 97853 - BD: 6+3=9
Sword Art Used: All Might [Damage: 15*15=225]
Ruby - HP: 1000/1000 - EN: 83/100
Hestia - HP: 1010/1010 - EN: 98/98
Lich King - HP: 350/350 - DMG: 400
Shambling Soldier - HP: 100/100 - DMG: 140
Skeletal Lich - HP: 100/100 - DMG: 140 - Dark Coil: Heals 20 HP from Ally Undead (Cannot Attack Enemies)
Skeletal Lich - HP: 0/100 - DMG: 140 - Dark Coil: Heals 20 HP from Ally Undead (Cannot Attack Enemies)

I walk forward into the arena steadying my breathe and heartbeat as i see you throw it into the arena as i chuckle at the explosion that is made as i turn to you. Can't go into somewhere without a flashy entrance can you fashionista. I mean at least it will be a good mentality for a modeling business. i say jokingly as i rush forward into the arena with a smile on my face. Undead ghouls, and fools of all varying degrees of decaying bone and flesh! Your time has come to die once more! I say with a smile as i activate vengeful riposte while glaring at the king as it slowly rises from its chair and then slams its sword thrice into the ground as two beings rise from his side of the smaller thrones. Hooded creatures with staff as their staff glows ever so slightly. With that two skeletons soldiers swarm into the arena along with the king and its lich's landing onto the battle field. I quickly see you rush forward and end one lich as i focus onto the king. Ignoring the skeleton soldiers going to attack each other. The king slowly making its way over towards me with its giant greatsword ready to swing upon my form. The lich of the king remaining where it is like a solitary statue.

With the first strike dealt the battle has begin. The second skeleton being stabs into the first killing it in some attempt to help its king as another soldier drops onto the field. The king raises its sword down onto me with eyes glowing red as i feel the fear well up slightly as i quickly activate vengeful riposte as the greatsword slams down onto my weapon as i grunt from exertion. I move down along the blade where the two weapons meet clash. I grin as i quickly side step and spins as i reach the handle of the King's weapon . I then quickly slice into the king as it lets out a roar of pain from the attack as it glares at my person as i smirk at it. Come on King! Show me what you got! I call to it with a cocky grin wanting it to stay focused upon me as i notice a small green aura cover the king healing it up ever so slightly as i turn to see another lich healing up the king. Ruby! Quickly kill the king! he is low! I call over towards her to follow up on our plan.

#97854  MD;2 shambling solider 1 attacks 2

#97855 MD:9  Shambling soldier 2 attacks 1

#97856  MD:7  Undead king attacks Hestia.   400-54=346/2=173 

Lich heals king for 20

Ruby - HP: 1000/1000 - EN: 100/100
Hestia - HP: 837/1010 - EN: 98/98 (Vengeful 0/5 turns) (parry 0/1)
Lich King - HP: 197/350 - DMG: 400
Shambling Soldier - HP: 0/100 - DMG: 140 (respawns on my turn)
Skeletal Lich - HP: 100/100 - DMG: 140 - Dark Coil: Heals 20 HP from Ally Undead (Cannot Attack Enemies)
Skeletal Lich - HP: 0/100 - DMG: 140 - Dark Coil: Heals 20 HP from Ally Undead (Cannot Attack Enemies)

Ruby had looked over to Hestia as she had spoke out to her after throwing Purb into the arena and ending one of the other Liches life. Ruby had let out a giggle and said "Oh you know it, I gotta make sure my name is known." she had smiled looking around at the monsters, she was a little confused seeing one attacking another, Ruby had blinked a few times, she had wondered what purpose would come from by killing each other. However after a moment Hestia had activated her Parry taunting the Lich King to attack against her, and it had and it had been affected for a lot of damage. Afterwards she had said out to attack the king when it was still low. Ruby had took a deep breath as she had only one shot otherwise something might just happen. Ruby had moved forward and slammed her fist with all her might and killed the king, smiling at her own success.

@Hestia

-----
ID: 97873 - BD: 4+3=7
Sword Art Used: All Might [Damage: 15*15=225]
Ruby - HP: 1000/1000 - EN: 67/100
Hestia - HP: 837/1010 - EN: 98/98
Lich King - HP: 0/350 - DMG: 400
Shambling Soldier - HP: 100/100 - DMG: 140
Skeletal Lich - HP: 100/100 - DMG: 140 - Dark Coil: Heals 20 HP from Ally Undead (Cannot Attack Enemies)

I grin at seeing you punch out the lich king that leaves only one shambling soldier left, and one lich left as i nod my head as i quickly equip my armor and shield prepared for combat as a tank once more with a smile on my face as my defenses practically double with the addition of such gear as i nod my head towards you. knock them out Ruby. I told you my plan was full proof all it required was for you to allow this risk to happen, but i guess i had my own doubts. in the end though it worked out just perfectly. I say with a grin on my face as the Shambling soldier looks upon me as it charges at me while the lich tries to heal up its fallen king, but fails from their being nothing to heal at all. The hooded undead figure slowly backing up in shock as the arena of skeleton beings slowly start to crumble away one by one into just dust and bones. the soldier not even making it over towards me as it lives up to its name and stumbles and falls onto the ground as i look over towards Ruby with a grin on my face. Well finish this off i guess. I say with a chuckle.

#97880  MD:1

Ruby - HP: 1000/1000 - EN: 67/100
Hestia - HP: 837/1010 - EN: 94/98
Lich King - HP: 0/350 - DMG: 400
Shambling Soldier - HP: 100/100 - DMG: 140
Skeletal Lich - HP: 100/100 - DMG: 140 - Dark Coil: Heals 20 HP from Ally Undead (Cannot Attack Enemies)