[F2-PP] I'm going in blind. <<Let Their Be Light>>

I arrive onto the second floor with a grin on my face as i message Spencer. Wanting to do a little teaching moment with the boy that got his familiar just a little bit ago. Rather excited for him to see how much i have improved in time once more in the short period, or what is short in comparison to two years of my levels. i glance towards my familiar with a nod of my head as i can only hope that i can help him out in terms of doing his build if he needs any such help.

Spoiler

@Spencer

hey Spencer it is me hestia. I'm on the second floor near the teleport gate in Delilah. If you want i could help you on some quests while on this floor, and if you have any questions i would be happy to answer them since we happen to be the same build. With love from your sis. hestia. Oh and i'm sure if Kuro could a little paw print stamp type of deal to say hello also. :)

I type out with a smiley face at the end to show it is a slightly joking manner. Hoping to give Spencer a bit of a laugh with that, or make him smile ever so slightly. As i then sit by the teleport gate with a grin on my face as i am currently wearing only my vanity clothing knowing that the quest i have in mind to help Spencer with will be a good point when fighting ins't the easiest thing to do, and he will have to buckle down as a tank.

Spencer sat at the inn and played with Noot. He had since given Noot the rubber duckie that he found at the Haunted Mansion when the guild was created. Noot ran around squeaking it, and Spencer ran after the Penguin, jokingly playing a game of tag. Spencer scooped up the penguin and Noot nooted and flapped his wings, sad that he lost. Spencer smiled a bit and almost dropped Noot in surprise that he got a message. Spencer looked at it a bit confused and opened it up, reading over it. Spencer chuckled softly at the talk about Kuro leaving his paw print on the message. Spencer quickly started to type a message back.

Spoiler

To Hestia:

Hey! I'd love to do something, I'm just sitting around, the Valentines Day Event is soon and was thinking about what to wear, this would be a perfect way to get out and actually do some stuff, I'll meet you there.

~ Spencer

Spencer quickly sent the message and headed out, Noot in his arms. He knew that Noot wouldn't be able to keep up with him, not yet anyways. He was hoping that as he gained ranks in his familiar skill, Noot would be able to go faster and be able to keep up with him a bit easier. Spencer ignored the thoughts and started to walk forwards and go to the second floor, ready to start the quest.

I smile at seeing the message that Spencer will be in fact joining me on what i have planned as i grin rather excitedly at that as i already know how i am going to go do what i want for this lesson. Though the only question in reality is if he has thorns or not. Since if there is no thorns then i am going to need to change the approach on how to help Spencer get the feel of being a tank without any of the risk. Not wishing to take him on any life threatening quests that being for certain. More so taking it slowly one step at a time. So kuro what do you think? Do you think i should make him fight them the entire time by himself? Or just in and do damage along with him? I ask my familiar who just tilts his head and raises his left paw. I nod my head at that. Well keep in mind you voted for number 1 okay? Though i am certain he will be fine. I mean what could the worse those two week bats could ever do to Spencer? It's not like their is a trap or anything in that cave. Since i'm sure if there was i would've found one the second time around. I say with a chuckle.

Spencer walked slowly along the second floor, looking for Hestia. He didn't know where the woman was, but he knew that she would be close to the teleportation pad. He turned from walking off the pad and saw the woman. He smiled and gave her a hug. "Hey Hestia! How have you been? It's only been like a day or so since we saw each other, but how have you been?" He smiled and set Noot down, the penguin waddling to Kuro and waving before sitting down on the ground and looking up, Nooting softly before looking back at Kuro. Spencer looked at Noot with a smile before looking back up at Hestia. "I've just been playing with Noot and preparing myself for opening my shop, which I think I might go on the forth floor, not sure where, or what kind of food I'm going to make... Wow I'm not that prepared." He laughed and looked at the woman, her armor was impressive and her stats were impressive, it seemed she got stronger since the last time he saw her, possibly.

I smile rather happily at seeing the gate activate as i make my way over towards you and gives you a hug with a grin on my face. I've been really good spencer. Just been doing more questing as per the usual for the Hestia life. Though i've been told lots of time that i should learn to relax and learn how to just enjoy the simple things. I say with a small nervous chuckle at that fact as i then look towards our familiars and sees Kuro gently pat the penguin on the head. Doing his honest best to not scare the penguin since the lion is only 6 inches away from being 3 ft in height.  I then glance back towards you with a smile. Well if you ever need a place on the fourth floor you could put it by my shop. a bit of a hike anytime you want to leave the floor for certain, but the view is beautiful i can guarantee. I say with a smile on my face giving a recommendation.

"I'd love to have a neighbor that I'd actually know, I might take you up on that offer Hestia." He smiled and watched as the two familiars played together. He couldn't wait for Noot to meet the rest of the familiars that were apart of the guild, and he was hoping that they take a liking to Noot, considering he is the newest addition to the family. Spencer looked up from the Familiars and looked at Hestia. "So, ready to start going? I'm not sure exactly where I am going, but I'm just going to follow you, considering I don't really partake on being this floor really ever." He smiled and picked up Noot, the penguin making a giggling noise and sitting in Spencer's arms. "How many times have you been to where we are going? From the name of the quest I'm guessing that it is going to be a cave, but I'm not sure exactly about anything else past that, so I'm kind of going in blind and following you." He laughed and looked around, the floor was pretty he had to give it that, but not as good as the fourth floor.

Well if you do like my offer i could show you it after we finish this quest make a day out of it you know? Designing the shop the placement of it all, and making sure that you remember how to get back towards your shop, and where the main settlement is with ease. I say to you with a smile on my face as i then start to lead you towards the quest location after you pick up your penguin. My familiar quickly following after me. Don't worry i can lead you towards the quest location easily Spencer. I say with a smile on my face as i then look towards you. having a small smirk as i decide i should tell you my plan. Okay so the cave is really dark to the point that it lowers your chance of actually hitting the bats you will go and fight. However, Spencer i have to ask before i continue. Do you have Thorns on your armor or anything, or no? i ask you rather curiously as i can already spot the crying mother in the distant heading over towards you to trigger the quest for you to take.

Spencer smiled at the idea of making a day out of the two of them finding a place to put his shop. Spencer started to walk, happy that he had his penguin, a good friend, and the future of opening his own shop. Spencer sighed happily walking down the path the two of them were taking, and Hestia began to talk about the cave, giving a debuff with how dark it was. Spencer frowned softly, he was not really looking forward to a possible debuff, but he didn't say much. As they continued to walk, Hestia also asked him if he had thorns on his equipment. He looked at her a little confused but brushed it off, nodding. "Yes I do, 14 Damage due to thorns, why do you ask?" He looked at the woman confused. Maybe she is just curious about my stats? She doens't really know the extent of them, and we are going to be doing a quest, so it will probably be helpful in order to know how long this is going to take, but I hope it doesn't take super long, considering the fact the Valentines Day Event is soon.

I look towards you with a smile on my face as i look towards you. Well Spencer i am about to inform you about how i wanted to go about this. You see you're going to be a tank, and a healer you said you wanted to be. Which means your main form of damage for a long while is going to be your thorns which you're going to need to rely on. To work on the part of tanking i decided that i would have you fight these bats. Solely by yourself with myself only healing you to make sure that you live. From what i can tell you should be high enough level where such a play will allow you to live rather easily, and with no worry at all. I say with a smile on my face. This plan spawning from my mind wondering if you would want some help getting the ropes of being a paladin. To learn what you can from what i have learned of being one. I tell you with a smile on my face as i look you in the eyes.

Spencer continued to walk, but heard the words that Hestia was talking about, saying that Spencer was going to be on his own. He bit his lip, he was kind of nervous at that fact now he was going to be fighting the monsters all by himself, but he was guessing that in fact these monsters were going to be pretty easy to fight, so he wasn't really worrying too much about it, but boy was he still worried. "O-Oh, okay. I'm of course new to this whole fighting by myself thing, so I'm going to have to get used to it all, but I think I will be okay? I do have decent thorns, and my stats were brought up a bit with me getting my Penguin, so I shouldn't be too worried, so yeah I think I can do this." He smiled at Hestia and nodded, calming himself down slightly with how he was worried about not being able to actually hurt and beat the monsters. "So, what will I be doing in this cave, O' mentor mama." He laughed and smiled, giving a small bow as he said it. While he was worried, Noot hugged Spencer back, comforting him.

I nod my head with a smile glad that Spencer isn't all that scared about doing this by his lonesome. I know you got this Spencer those bats won't be able to kill you that is why i am using this quest as a opportunity to make sure taht you know how to fight as a tank in terms of a fight. With the first step being knowing how to take a hit and using your thorns to kill off mobs with those thorns and any hits that you can give. Of course if you're being a tank you will also need the skill howl to be good. I say with a smile on my face and after i say that he crying mother grips onto your shirt sobbing and sniffling. Pl-please you have to help my sweet little angel! She got lost in a cave towards the northwest of here. I told her to be careful, but she ended up in a cave that none of her friends entered. Please go see if my baby is okay she hasn't come back in hours. She says in a panicked tone towards you.

That. You will be doing that Spencer. I tell you with a nod of my head towards the crying mother.

Spencer looked at the woman crying, and frowned softly when she started to talk and cry about her lost child. Spencer slowly knelt down beside her and held her hands in his own. "I will get your daughter, don't you worry mama. I wont let her go and get lost in these caves." He knew that of course it was an NPC and they couldn't specifically feel anything, but he decided that something sweet was worth it for this woman, NPC as she was. Spencer slowly started to stand up and got out his shield and mace, going into the cave. He was ready to get this done, and fighting bats was the thing that he had to do. Spencer Gripped his mace and walked into the dark AND CUE FIGHTING SCENE. The bats came out of no where and one struck Spencer hard against his body. Spencer fell backwards but held up his shield, the other bat striking it and missing him. "Well okay hell there."

Spoiler

ID: 97988 BD:  2 (Miss) Spencer

ID: 97989 MD: 7 (1 Damage, 19 Thorns Damage) Bat 1

ID: 97990 MD: 5 (Miss) Bat 2

| Spencer | H:  | H:  | Level: 21 | HP: 419 | EN: 40 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 47 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | Thorns: 19 DMG | REC: 1 | REG: 1 |
| Hestia | -

Bat 1 HP: 31/50 DMG 20 (1 For Mit)
Bat 2 HP: 50/50 DMG 20 (1 For Mit)

I nod with a smile as you accept the quest by just saying you will help the woman as i keep equipped only my casual clothing as i nod towards you, and then starts making my way towards the cave that is towards the northeast at a calm pace for myself. Knowing that the child will be fine by then, and knowing i can't get involved in the quest without killing the bats right away. Which leaves just you to kill the two giant creatures that are within the cave. So then Spencer do you think you're ready to face the two bats? I ask you rather curiously as we walk through the forest of the second floor with my familiar walking beside me. Going along the path that i have since memorized by this point with practical ease. After a bit of walking we arrive at the cave as i nod towards you letting you take the lead as we enter the cave, and after awhile of the screeches echoing within the cave the two giant bats came charging with one hitting you as we get into a circular like room area of the cave. You got this Spencer. i call over towards you with a smile seeing your health not move a inch.

(are in the cave players receive -1 to BD, LD)

| Spencer | H:  | H:  | Level: 21 | HP: 419 | EN: 40 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 47 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | Thorns: 19 DMG | REC: 1 | REG: 1 |
| Hestia | -  1065/1065 HP  ENG:102  MIT:154   DMG:3  Bleed:36  Thorns:54  Eva: -1  Regen:15  recover: 3 ENG

Bat 1 HP: 31/50 DMG 20
Bat 2 HP: 50/50 DMG 20

Spencer slowly stood up and smiled at Hestia, her encouragement was nice to hear. He shook off the sudden attacks from the two bats, and the darkness that was swallowing the two of them and the two bats. Spencer looked closely around, trying to get sight of the bats that were in the cave. He lifted his shield up just in time, the two bats striking his shield almost instantly. He gripped his mace and swung widely, trying to hit something. Unfortunately he didn't really strike anything. He groaned momentarily and looked around, not really sure where he was in the cave. He made slow steps as he went forward, he was nervous that he might hit something or fall, Luckily his luck in walking was holding up, and he ventured further into the cave, the sounds of everything echoing. He heard the sound of bats flapping around, and he quickly spun around to hit it, but there was nothing there.

ID: 98050 BD: 5 -1 = 4 Miss (Spencer)
ID: 98051 MD: 3 Miss (Bat 1)
ID: 98052 MD: 5 (Bat 2)

| Spencer | H:  | H:  | Level: 21 | HP: 419 | EN: 39 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 47 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | Thorns: 19 DMG | REC: 1 | REG: 1 |
| Hestia | -  1065/1065 HP  ENG:102  MIT:154   DMG:3  Bleed:36  Thorns:54  Eva: -1  Regen:15  recover: 3 ENG

Bat 1 HP: 31/50 DMG 20

I sit down upon the ground leaving the fighting to you since this is meant to be a test of how well you understand the concept of tanking some hits but from the fact that you had lost barely any hell from the singular hit you had received i can already tell that this quest won't do that much in terms of improvement for yourself in that regard. I smile as i go through the list of quests that i know that could hopefully provide more of a challenge of some kind for yourself in later attempts if you are still willing to try this alongside myself. My familiar resting beside me as i gently pat his head as i look towards you. Just stay where you are Spencer! As a tank you're like a wall. be strong like one, and be as unmovable as one. React when they hit you. I call over towards you wondering if you'll take this advice, or go down your own idea of how tanking should be done.

Spencer smiled a bit at Hestia's encouragement, it was nice to have someone who was really believing in him. He smiled a bit to himself and gripped his shield a bit tighter, getting ready for an attack. Spencer heard flapping from behind him, and he spun around just in time for him to be struck by a bat in the shield. Spencer grimaced and slid till he hit the wall, grimacing a bit more. He saw his health go down by a fraction of an inch,  and the bat was getting close to death. Another strike by the bat like that, and the bat would then finally be dead, well one of them at least. Then, after that, I move on and start working on the second one, then I find the girl, deliver her to the woman, and then we are done with this quest. We'd probably be done by now if Hestia was helping, she is a brick wall of strength like my god, I would not want to get into a fight with her outside of this game.

ID: 98058 BD: 4 - 1 = 3 Spencer
ID: 98059 MD: 7 Bat 1 (Thorns 19 to Bat, 1 DMG to Spencer)
ID: 98060 MD: 5 Bat 2

| Spencer | H:  | H:  | Level: 21 | HP: 418 | EN: 38 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 47 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | Thorns: 19 DMG | REC: 1 | REG: 1 |

Bat 1 HP: 12/50 DMG 20

I chuckle at seeing the bat try to cause you some damage, but from how it happened last from the fact your health bumped back up to full within one second means that you must have the healing enhancement which increased you back to full. Allowing you to increase what you need to survive with absolute ease.  You got this Spencer! They literally can't kill you! I call over towards you with a smile on my face as i walk on over and taps you gently on the shoulder activating first aid bringing you back up to full right away as i smile at you. See nothing can kill you with me around, or while you have that enhancement. There is literally no harm in you doing this quest Spencer. Go all out against them, but keep in mind that defending is your primary goal, and also between me and you. When i did this quest i had let them kill themselves on my armor, and while not having the same mitigation points that you do. So i was actually losing some health back then. I say with a chuckle.

| Spencer | H:  | H:  | Level: 21 | HP: 418 | EN: 38 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 47 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | Thorns: 19 DMG | REC: 1 | REG: 1 |

Spencer blushed a bit when Hestia was being his cheerleader, and it was nice to have someone so interested in promoting his well being and showing him that he can really make it. Spencer turned slowly and stood in one place, letting the creatures come at him, not going for them. Spencer cracked his knuckles and felt the wind move. He stiffened slightly and swung around in a circle, striking the bat hard. The bat let out a screech and fell to the ground, not able to move. Spencer smiled a bit when he saw the creature went down and was stunned. He was happy that something was happening during this fight, considering the fact that he was just standing there and not doing much, and now both bats were at a disadvantage, their health was much lower than his own, and the first bat was almost dead from his thorns damage. Okay, things are going pretty good so far. "Thanks Hestia, thank you for helping me." He smiled.

ID: 98169 BD: 10 - 1 = 9 (4x5=20 + Stun) Spencer
ID: 98170 MD: 1 Bat 1
ID:  MD: Stunned
| Spencer | H:  | H:  | Level: 21 | HP: 420 | EN: 32 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 47 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | Thorns: 19 DMG | REC: 1 | REG: 1 |

Bat 2 HP: 30/50 DMG 20

I smile happily as i hear the loud thud of a bat against the ground. Able to easily figure out it was the bat from the loudness of the thud that had been produced from the force of its body hitting the ground. When you thank me i just shake my head no. Don't thank me at all Spencer you're doing this entirely by yourself, and you're kicking there butts ten ways to Sunday. There isn't enough days in the week for how much you're winning against them. I say with a happy smile on my face as i look towards you. Not wishing to take any credit from this fight since i am truly not doing anything at all besides just cheering you on in this fight. Wishing to make sure you're inspired one hundred percent the entire time without feeling discouraged at all from any failures that could happen from not hitting the bat for whatever reason or the other.

Spencer shrugged a bit and shook it all off, the worry and the stress that he was feeling that maybe something wont work well and he might not be able to do what he was suppose to do, that is killing these bats. He gripped his hands tighter and made his shield seem like a impenetrable wall, at least in his mind. Spencer sighed softly and charged forward, the two bats coming at him. Spencer stood in place and let the two bats come crashing towards his shield. He bit his lip a bit and the first bat evaporated on his shield, and the other struck him, but took a major amount of damage. Spencer sighed softly and lowered his shield for a moment and gave a thumbs up to Hestia. His health, thanks to his shields enchantments, already gained his health back to where it was. Spencer sighed a bit and shook his shoulders. "I'm actually starting to feel like a tank now, this is weird." He laughed.

ID: 98289 BD: 6 - 1 = Miss (5)
ID: 98289 MD: 8 (Damage 1, Thorns 19)
ID: 98290 MD: 8 (Damage 1, Thorns 19)

| Spencer | H:  | H:  | Level: 21 | HP: 420 | EN: 31 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 47 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | Thorns: 19 DMG | REC: 1 | REG: 1 |

Bat 2 HP: 11/50 DMG 20