[F5-PP] Opposing Forces <Bloodstained Land> -Hestia and Domarus-

His patience had been tested this day.  Raven had brought up an idea to Domarus involving doing a quest with Hestia, who was out to bring him down completely.  Hestia hated him because he was manipulative and merciless, and yet she didn't seem to care that he'd be taking care of his subjects and ensuring their happiness...  For most of his reign that was.  Sometime around the end of his reign he may lose his grip at some point but the point was that most of his reign would be something others would very much love.  She hated him regardless and thus he had Porvós tail her closely, careful to keep her from doing anything that the two of them would regret.  Now however, Raven somehow convinced Domarus to take today to do a quest with Hestia.  Normally he wouldn't have any trouble as he did this sort of thing whenever he did a quest with anyone of his opponents or rivals.  The difference today was that Hestia knew who he was.  That was the main issue here.  Though if she was on the front lines he'd need practice regardless in keeping her controlled and calm when he was around.  If she showed her anger in front of the front lines a story would be made, and she certainly would make him out as the villain.  He needed to control the situation as long as possible.  He was walking towards the gate with Raven, wearing his Hopebreaker armor with his black axe on his back.

"I swear Raven, if she doesn't cooperate like you say she will, you're both going to regret it.  I do not need time wasted at all today."

@Hestia

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appear upon the fifth floor with a soft sigh of frustration as i look towards the gates of where the town exit is. That is the best place to find Raven. I can't believe i am doing this of all things, but sometimes a necessary evil needs to be made to get what i want. besides if Raven's idea of getting Domarus to work with us after we can calm him down from his idea works. Then i will need to get over myself at some point. I say softly to myself as i make my way towards where i was told to meet up. Wearing my combat gear already as a precaution against anything and everything that could come to attack me. My familiar by my side and ready to defend also, and making sure the snake that is observing doesn't go to strike its owner with a bite. Even though the chance of that being successful being nothing since i am covered from neck to foot in metallic armor. I traverse through the busy streets towards the gate each step feeling like a ticking hand on a clock until i see the individual already in his own combat gear ready to fight it seems the beast they are out to hunt today. I just nod my head in a polite manner. Greeting Domarus, hello Raven. i say kindly to my little sister as i give her a quick and small little hug to show her some affection. I then take out of my inventory a tier two immolation potion and uses it.

+20 thorns. Thorns 74

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raven just smiles towards Domarus kindly hiding away her nervousness and fear at the threat. Don't worry Domarus i am certain she won't try to stab you in the back or anything. She is going to be...at least cooperative in working with you to take down this boss that much is for certain.  She says with a nod of her head. Knowing that phrasing it like her big sister is willing/wanting to work alongside him is far from the truth. More so realizing a necessity for it in the future, and thus trying to get over it now to prepare for it. She sighs softly at remembering at having to convince her sister to at least that having been a huge pain the neck. Lots of arguing back and forth and then compromises all over the place. At the very least she did what was necessary to try and start the first few steps in preparing for Domarus coming back towards the side of good.

Raven attempted to reassure him but he wasn't sold.  Keres walked quietly behind while Rhozarth sat on Domarus' black shoulder plate.  He grunted when she finished and stood waiting for Hestia to arrive.

"My statement stands Raven.  Your sister had better be as good a use to me as she is trouble, or she's never seeing the light of day."  It was no use complaining as this was going to happen.  However he could very easily make a threat if this wasn't worth him or his time.  Hestia had been causing enough problems as it was after all.  Soon enough she had arrived, giving him a simple nod and greeting, seeming to be still upset with Raven.  Petty grudge which would make things difficult.  Domarus turned to Hestia, standing powerful over her in his black armor.  The red in his visor pulsed before he spoke, his voice deeper and more metallic due to his armor.

"Ember.  If you've agreed to work with me then I want no issues, small or otherwise.  Don't give me reason to hate you rather than just see you as an annoyance."  He turned around again, looking out into the horizon in the direction of the quest.

"The quest is over in that direction.  From what I've been able to pick up, the boss has decent mitigation, the damage isn't to be worried over.  But it's evasion is something else.  With the accuracy debuff and it's own evasion, hitting it is a very real challenge.  If you have an item that will make it easier for us bring it.  Otherwise this may take more time than it's worth.  I hear the final hit item is especially good for tanks so you can keep that if you'd like.  However any col it may drop is mine, understood?"

@Hestia

Spoiler

5923a368d811e_Hopebreaker2.thumb.jpg.fdb8e368f1a1fa5e04ef28e1b610fd27.jpg

Level:  40

Health:  780/780

Energy:  78/78

Mitigation:  54

Accuracy:  3

Evasion:  0

Damage:  15-19

Damage over Time:  None

Counter Damage:  2 Tier 2 Thorns:  24 dmg

I resist the urge to roll my eyes at the words of Domarus. 'You already hate me though.' I can't help but think as i look at the man as i just keep my hand on my shield, and a hand gripped to my sword. When mentioning if i have anything to help face against this boss i do nod my head. I do have a item, but any sort of business for a performer is non-existent. If you want me to use my Evasion Debuff against the boss you'll have to pay me the price of my shop that i charge for a debuff song. I need to make money somehow, and clearly getting it off the kindness of the frontlines isn't going to cut it for me. I say simply towards the redheaded man. Knowing i am not going to budge on this matter at all, but grins a bit at the idea of getting the final hit bonus that supposedly increases Mitigation by some amount, but with it being a single use item. Meaning i will have to use it accordingly only when dealing with the highest threat to my person possible. I don't care if you want money from whatever drop it could have. I just need what i can get in terms of actual prepping for the frontlines when we take on the next one. Now come on lets get heading towards the terra firma. it isn't going to die by itself. I say as i start heading in the direction using my own knowledge of what i have heard about the quest to have sufficiently prepared myself. I wonder ever so silently to myself if i should use a mit potion, but remembers hearing of some extremely strong boss on floor twenty one. Instantly shutting down my idea of using it, and saving it for that fight.

He listened as Hestia told him that she did in fact have an evasion debuff, but then listened as she said she wanted him to pay for it, same as the price of her shop.  He rolled his eyes under his helmet as this sounded like her grudge against him.  He was very willing to bet that if he were one of her guild mates or one of her little friends like Itzal, she wouldn't have charged him at all.  She was a nuisance more than anything.  When she mentioned how she didn't care about col as the drop, but did in fact want any consumable that would help her in the front lines he grinned darkly.

"How about this?  Upon receiving the item we gauge it's worth and I'll use that as payment.  If we determine it's worth isn't as much as the item then I'll pay the rest in col.  Sound fair Ember?"  It was a win win situation for him.  If she wanted the item he could cut the cost of his col.  If she wanted col more than the item, he could keep the item for himself, perhaps for his first floor raid.  Domarus continued to walk forward and turned to look to Raven.

"What about your thoughts Raven?  A bit of negotiations like that is fair to ask, don't you think?"  They continued walking towards the boss and he went over it again in his mind.  It has high evasion but it they also had an evasion debuff on them.  This meant that they could easily balance it's evasion out since Domarus had an accuracy item on him.  His weapon.  His armor was mitigation as well as thorns enhancement.  Domarus wanted to deal as much damage as possible, and so far the only ways to do that were to A:  Level up and increase his skills and mods.  B:  Find and equip unique enhanced gear or drops.  And C:  Purchase immolation potions and gather buffs from quests or shops to enhance his damage further.  He'd prefer options a and b above the others, since the last one was easy access, but it also cost col if he wanted the full effects.

@Hestia

We both know already that the last hit drop by the mob is worth more then the evasion debuff that i am going to use Domarus. That the fact that it can raise the mitigation past the normal amount is clear enough of that fact. I say as i look towards the red headed player. Just stating the obvious that myself and he knows of how this item and exchange will work based on monetary value of things that will be gained from this quest. I then just shrugs and sighs softly. Yeah fine good enough for me at the very least i will still get the last hit item. I say with a nod of my head just wanting that which would've been a annoying experience by myself otherwise just do to the fact it would take a long time. Although since we're using the debuff as cost for the last hit drop doesn't guarantee you getting all the COL possible from this monster drop. As that was the reason i agreed in the first place. My half of the COL for the last hit drop, but now the EVA debuff is covering for that COL cost that initially would've been there. I tell you with a nod of my head as we continue making our way towards the enemy.

-----------------------------------------

Raven just nods her head as she watches the interaction between the players. Knowing that this is what she should've expected, but at the very least they aren't killing each other just yet. She just nods her head with a smile. Well i'm going to head on back Domarus, Big Sis. You two don't go killing each other. She says as she quickly makes her way back towards town and towards the main gate to wait for our return there. To make sure that neither of us return without the other to just make sure neither of us killed the other.

Hestia was only making it so easy for Domarus' case to win by stating the actual value of the consumable.  She also told him it's purpose which he actually didn't know himself.  An item that gave bonus mitigation that exceeded the original limit?  It was certainly a powerful item for any player, dps or tank.  Though he could see how the reports stated that it was a tanking item.  Since tanks took the brute hits of attacks.  Of course Domarus could act as a tank if he needed to, he just wouldn't have as much defensive abilities nor the howl skill.......  Yet.  Once he had ultimately mastered the dps route, then he'd focus on getting some tanking skills and be of even further use to the front lines.  And soon after that, the front lines would be of use to him.  Soon however his mind returned to the current matter which was negotiations.  Which it seems he'd won with ease, drawing a smile of satisfaction from his hidden face.  She did however state that since he was using the drop as payment, she would want some of the col dropped by the boss.  Domarus narrowed his eyes under the helmet.

"Very well then, we'll split it forty sixty, sixty towards me.  You are getting a very unique and powerful consumable after all.  That sounds about fair right?  I have my own needs after all, guild halls don't come cheap."  He heard Raven mention how she'd be falling behind and waiting for their return.  He turned to look at her with his red glowing visor, meant to intimidate most people it looked at.  He nodded.

"I'll see you later then Raven."  

@Hestia

Mmhmm and most people get guild halls for guilds that are meant to last. I say simply as my response to that little comeback as i look towards you with a small smirk on my face that can be seen since unlike yourself i don't wear a helmet to cover my own. Myself not meant to be intimidating specter of vengeance, but rather the face of the protector of the people. The one who will save them and help them from any trial they could be trying to face so that one day they could face any challenge that would try to stop them. Not being scared if you tried to attack me or even if your familiar did since the system would recognize it belongs to you and still apply the strike towards your crystal color turning you orange. Which wouldn't be very good for a reputation at all. Anyway there is a land shark that is meant to be defeated. I say calmly with a nod of my head as i continue forward ahead of you my familiar at my side and more so even in front of me to keep himself away from you, and any strike you could go towards my familiar. When my sister leaves giving her a wave and a kind smile knowing that was part of the agreement she had that i would get help. That she wouldn't be around to have myself and Domarus at least attempt to bond in some format even if it would end up being forced through circumstances in one way or the other.

When he heard her comment he knew it was to prod him.  And it worked but of course he would never show it, through body language or sound.  Watch what you do Ember he thought to himself.  Or you'll find yourself locked up quicker than you can think.  Either that or given a good enough beating to take me seriously.  People like Ember were so annoying.  They acted all high and mighty and tried to get under your skin, purposefully trying to make you slip up, get you angry and take you down.  All for what?  Some personal grudge against manipulation?  In fact...

"Tell me Ember.  Imagine I never existed.  My plans, physical and mental being, as well as my actions and followers, if none of that existed.  If you never met me.  Why do you hate the act of manipulation so much?  What happened to cause such anger towards it?  And don't give me that whole 'it's just wrong' bulls**t.  I've told you my story now I want to know yours.  So tell me the truth and don't take me for an idiot."  In truth, the action of manipulation wasn't actually a sin in itself.  Deception as well.  Parents deceived their children to protect them, even manipulated them at times.  If their child was near someone dangerous who could kidnap or kill them at any time, a parent may speak to the child, using deceptive and manipulative methods to get them away from said dangerous individuals.  Domarus was using manipulation and deception to establish a foothold and gain power in the world so that he would be protected.  He was acting out of selfish motive, passion and actions, however his plan required him to be kind to those under him, and treat them properly.  If he didn't then there would be serious problems.  Yet despite the fact that he'd be treating others like a good leader, she still hated him and his actions.  He wanted the motivation behind her hatred.  He nodded when she mentioned fighting the sand shark.

"It shouldn't take too long to get to the boss.  However I want my question answered before this day is done.  Whether it's before we get to it or before we return from the battle."

@Hestia

I look towards Domarus and with a rather serious look says in a simple tone. i don't feel like saying the reason why since i am certain you wouldn't get it at all because of how you perceive the world and such. I say as i just refocus my attention back towards the objective of where the Terra Firma is meant to spawn. Knowing that if i give my answer of it was a root cause of my father's death i should only expect him speaking in some condescending manner of how that is a weak and biased reason to dislike it so much. My fist's tighten ever so slightly as the day runs through my mind hearing the simple knock at the door. Being told my father died from a person shooting him when said person was just trying to scam as many people as possible out of all their money. Tears, frustration, anger, motivation being the strongest emotions running through me once more like back on that day, with the only exception of no tears running down my face like they did that day. All the tears i would have shed having did long ago. Feeling the same motivation to not disappoint my father, and to try and live up to his sense of justice of making sure everyone is protected from the greatest of evils to the smallest. The motivation to be a symbol of justice, and of hope as best as i am able to do so in the gifts that i have been given in this world and through the actions that i can display to others.

Seeing Hestia give that serious look to him as she said those words.  I doubt you'd understand.  Mainly because of how he perceives the world?  That was the worst way to reply to him in his opinion.  She was basically being hypocritical when she says that.  Domarus had shared her his own backstory to answer her question:  Why do what he does.  He answered it knowing full well she would never be able to understand.  And yet here she was, wanting to withhold an answer from him and using an excuse like that?  She wasn't going to be able to get away from it that easily.  Nothing would be easy for her from this point on, he would make sure of that.  So long as she chose to oppose him, he would continue to make her life hell.  The moment she chose to finally be neutral would be the day he would leave her be.  However he very much doubted that she would ever become neutral towards him rather than hostile.  She may not realize it but she was a predator.  Once she chose her prey she would hunt it down until one of them fell.
     "Either this is your grudge talking, or you're just foolish.  Do you think that I actually thought you would be able to understand my own story Ember?  Yet I told you anyway.  And here we are full circle and you refuse to share your own motivations?  Well, if you refuse to share them, I'll get them from Raven.  Maybe they won't be entirely accurate, but after learning your history and story through her I'll be able to connect the rest of the dots.  In other words, whether you tell me or not I'll get my answer."  It was more like a diplomatic counter attack what he was doing here.  He had shown her how she was being a hypocrite and basically giving her no good grounds to continue to withhold an answer from him.  Even if she found good grounds not to share he would just learn about it later.

@Hestia

I sigh softly at hearing that as i think to my sister and just nods my head knowing that she could easily spot the moment when i would have turned down such  route of having such a hate for deceit in all of its many forms. Even if i myself have taken up the act that i hate doing so much just for the sake of trying to do more good. 'I hate my own state of being a hypocrite in that manner, but...whatever doesn't matter i dug my grave i will continue through it be it if i enter the underworld itself.' i think to myself with a nod of my head not going to waste time thinking about that anymore. Hmph fine if you really want to know. Father died from a act of deceit and manipulation, but not himself being manipulated more so him doing his job as a officer even though he was off duty to protect the people of the town he worked in. Got him killed though, and guess what finding out the thing that led to someone you cared for dying tends to form a deep seated hatred and anger towards it. Before you say it yes i know i'm being a hypocrite by doing something i hate, but that is called necessary evils. i say quickly before you could say any retort to bring up how i did such things. Knowing i did it, but deciding to move past that myself. Can we focus on killing the thing now?

Hestia was silent for a good while as she thought about what he had just said.  He could see her slowly shifting over to his side of things and before long she finally told him the truth.  So that was it then?  Her father died because he was using his own act of manipulation and it got him killed then?  It wasn't even too big of a manipulation, just him acting as an off duty cop.  And yet she pinned it as the worst thing ever, all because it killed him.  Domarus chuckled when she mentioned that she was being a hypocrite, mainly to keep him from saying it himself.  Which of course he had planned to.  He could however say something else as he enjoyed having the last word.

"A necessary evil, is that right Ember?  Interesting, so would you be a hypocrite then if you believe you using manipulation is a 'necessary evil', yet my using the same tactic is just plain 'evil'?  And before you say the motives are different, that actually doesn't have much effect on it.  My motives may be strictly self purpose, but the outcome of my actions are in fact turning others into better people.  I'm making others stronger, able to stand on their own feet rather than depend on others to feed themselves.  In addition, the goal is to set up an empire where any who follow under my reign are prosperous, strong, satisfied and happy.  So in the end, my desire to satisfy my own personal means helps those around me just as much.  I don't want you responding to that, I want you to ponder it.  And ask yourself:  Does your anger towards manipulation affect how you see me as an individual?  And if so, is it really worth it?"  He fell silent as he walked forward, drawing his ax as they were nearing the area.

Spoiler

<< Land Shark the Terra Firma >>

HP: 650

DMG: 250

MIT: 75

ACC: 0

EVA: 4

Abilities:

<< Assault Mode >> : On a LD roll of 10+, this boss will spot through hidden players and the bosses ACC and EVA will temporarily switch for his attack and his attack only and will strike as though it had partial phase on a natural roll of 9, and full phase on a roll of 10.

<< Move Swiftly >> : The skill Concentration will not work on this boss, and players will suffer a -1 penalty to ACC.

<< Hard-Scaled >> : Paralysis and Freeze does not work on this boss.

<< Weak-Spots >> : On a player’s roll of a natural 9-10, they will gain partial phase on their attack.

Domarus watched as the shark emerged from the sand with extreme speed.  However Domarus was able to see where it was going and swung his ax activating Screw Dimension as he charged, landing a critical hit on it's weak points, dealing a great deal of damage while also phasing through some of it's mitigation.  He grinned as he landed the hit and watched it's health drop before shifting positions for Hestia to activate howl or whatever she wanted to do.

ID#  99147  BD:  9  MD:  5

15+4+1x13-38=222 dmg

[H:2] Domarus:  780/780 = 65/78
@Hestia:  ???/??? = ??/??

Terra Firma:  428/650

Edited by Domarus

I roll my eyes at the words of Domarus already knowing my answers to his questions without any hesitation. 'Yes, and yes.' Knowing that my bias affects my judgment of his person right away about his motives and why he would use manipulation as his first forms of communication rather then trying to be honest and not trying to take over the entire world...not trying to control others around him to fit towards what he wants. That the fact alone makes me dislike the man since the idea of manipulating others on a daily basis and through every conversation makes it impossible to trust such a man no matter the situation and would require some kind of miracle to be able to trust someone who warps the truth everywhere he goes. 'Raven. You better be right and thinking that this man can be changed.' I think to myself wanting to believe that idea also since it would mean one less person to put behind bars, and one more person turned towards the side of good. The idea of people being manipulated not making any idea that the man could have being worth it in any sense, and thus my biased making it worth it.

I watch as the terra firma tries to go for a strike and fails rather spectacularly, and for yourself to knock it down to around half of its health which is rather surprisingly from how devestating the attacked look which means that it either has a big health pool, or the defensive properties of the mob is higher then Avalanche possibly. Without wasting much time i activate focused howl as i stare down the mob with a small grin on my face, and then smashing my sword into my shield pommel against metal creating a metallic clang that echoes across the battlefield drawing the mob's and possibly mobs' attention towards me.

Action Taken: Focused Howl  [-8 ENG]  [+5 Hate]

[H:2] Domarus:  780/780 = 65/78

[H:5] Hestia: HP:  1205/1205 EN: 108/116 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 151 ACC: 1 |  EVA: -1 | Thorns: 74 l BLD: 36

Terra Firma:  428/650

Hestia focusing on nothing but his actions of manipulation and fixating him as a villain in her mind because of it was the most obnoxious thing he had to deal with right now.  Even with her understanding why he was doing she was focusing on nothing but his dark side.  It was because of this he had to go through such great lengths to keep her from tearing down any of his hard work.  That as well as tear down the one thing he'd been working towards his entire life.  At any rate he wouldn't be letting go after this.  If Raven brought it up he would simply tell her how Hestia made it clear she wasn't going to stop trying to tear him and his work down.  If Raven didn't let it go he would basically tell her to get Hestia to a position where she wouldn't dare lay a finger against him, his servants, his reputation or any other sort.  This would include sharing information about him with anyone who didn't already know about him, whether it was discretely, using paper or messages, or direct contact.  If Raven could somehow show him proof that she would not do any of this, then maybe he'd loosen up his eyes and ears around her.  Though he wouldn't lift them completely, Porvós would be the obvious change.

He noted that she didn't use the evasion debuff and wondered if he could clear the monster out without it.  If he could then all the col would basically be his.  He swung his weapon at his opponent, but the boss had managed to dodge him.  When it leaped at Hestia he grabbed it in mid air and spun around, using it's weight and momentum to increase the strength of his blow, smashing it into a large boulder and completely shattering it in the process, letting it fly into the sand after the assault.  He walked onto the broken boulder to give himself higher ground as he tightened the grip around his ax.

ID#  99149  BD:  5+3-5=3  MD:  5+1=6

[H:2] Domarus:  780/780 = 63/78 = DMG:  15 = MIT:  89 = ACC:  3 = Thorns:  36

[H:5] @Hestia: HP:  1106/1205 EN: 108/116 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 151 | ACC: 1 |  EVA: -1 | Thorns: 74 l BLD: 36

Terra Firma:  354/650

Edited by Domarus

I look towards the mob and grins at the attack hitting me and harming the creature more so then it did me by any right. i simply get back up onto my feet as i take out the Evasion Debuff and activate the item with a smile on my face as a soft lullaby song starts playing throughout the field as sung by myself. "Hop on that train to sleepytime junction." The song starts out with as i chuckle softly not caring how i could be judged as i look towards the enemy mob my self ready to fight against it and the damage that it could try to do against me. With that done i just continue to hold my shield close to my body as i look towards your energy and nods my head seeing that it is fairly high at the moment, and compared to the enemies HP that it should be entirely possible to just stand here doing nothing and be able to just have the enemy die by thorns and aid of your attacks. I chuckle slightly at that fact of how highly reliable thorns is since it can get guaranteed damage as long as i am hit.

Action Taken: Evasion Debuff used  [+15 HP] [+1 ENG]

[H:5] @Hestia: HP:  1121/1205 EN: 109/116 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 151 | ACC: 1 |  EVA: -1 | Thorns: 74 l BLD: 36

Terra Firma:  354/650 EVA:4-2=2   Field affect: -1 ACC to players 

The boss had roared when it was thrown by Domarus but it didn't really have too much time to react.  It tried to get up again and attack, which Domarus was already charging at it before it could strike.  However when Hestia activated the song and the music reached it's ears it roared again and clawed at it's ears.  When it saw Domarus approaching it burrowed into the ground to escape.  Domarus stopped moving and focused on the mount of dirt that indicated where it was...  Until even that had vanished.  Domarus scoffed.

"Running away from a fight.  Stupid thing needs to be put down and quick.  If it starts regenerating health I'll be so pissed."  He waited quietly from that point on, keeping his focus on his eyes, ears, and feet.  Feet because if he focused enough he would be able to feel the vibrations it was making while burrowing close to the surface...  Or rather, close to the surface he was standing on.  Domarus waited patiently until he felt the vibrations and leaped out of the way, avoiding the hit by a mile.  The boss seemed very angry with them for what they had done but there wasn't much that it could do really.  Domarus swung his weapon at the creature but it had burrowed underground again, causing Domarus to curse.  This was becoming a nuisance.

ID#  99152  BD:  1  MD:  1

[H:5] @Hestia: HP:  1121/1205 EN: 109/116 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 151 | ACC: 1 |  EVA: -1 | Thorns: 74 l BLD: 36

Edited by Domarus

I chuckle ever so slightly at the exchange of wide missing as i just shrug and activates energize as a small orb is formed as i then shoot it towards you as you get back a good bit of your energy as i just stay where i am waiting for the monster to appear to try and harm me as i keep my stance firm and unmoveable with a grin on my face. Waiting for when the sand shark that got upgraded could come from to strike at me. Knowing it could be literally anywhere since he has the advantage of being able to move underground. I just glance towards you and sighs softly knowing that the waiting is going to be way to boring for myself. So then why do you deem your control as a better solution for the world? The world is a messed up place obviously, but you won't be able to manipulate everybody. There are those who will be just as skilled as yourself in that practice who will notice and go against you. You could just expedite the process of human extinction by trying to manipulate the wrong person, and they end up choosing to kill you and the country you live in to deal with you for good by the power of nukes. A  very out there theory yes, but at the very least if you try to control someone who knows what you're trying to do a war could break out that could lead towards another world war, or a trade war if anything. I say towards you.

Action taken: Energize [-10 ENG]  [+8 ENG to Domarus]  [+1 ENG natural]

[H:2] Domarus:  780/780 = 71/78 = DMG:  15 = MIT:  89 = ACC:  3 = Thorns:  36

[H:5] @Hestia: HP:  1136/1205 EN: 100/116 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 151 | ACC: 1 |  EVA: -1 | Thorns: 74 l BLD: 36

When Hestia asked him the question he turned his head to her in disbelief, seeing as how she had chosen the absolute worst time to ask him a question like that.  He returned his attention to the battlefield, trying to keep his senses sharp as he gave her an answer in return.

"You don't know America all that well do you?  Everyone in America is lazy and greedy to the point where they are stupid.  So long as they have their little comforts under the illusion that they have control they are perfectly and utterly content with whatever happens.  Anyone who is able to see through what it is I'm doing, regardless of my discretion, will either join me or will be assassinated.  Put away.  Simple as that.  In the real world Ember, people don't have levels.  You're either skilled at killing and thus are the predator, or you are weak and will die.  This gives me an even higher advantage as I'll have very skilled killers on my side.  And of course these assassinations will be subtle and will never trace back to me, though we don't have time for the details on how and why.  And finally, as for the unlikely and most stupid idea I've heard involving nukes, if another country decides to try nuking me for 'restoring my country', then I could very easily rally up other countries to my aid and purge them.  Or start up a world war and use that to seize control of more countries through discrete means.  Regardless of which way it goes, it would only strengthen my rule as I can demonstrate how I'll protect my empire.  I doubt I'll rule the entire world, but my legacy will.  I'm already training a successor in case something happens to me in this world.  I'm not leaving my future to chance, not now and not ever.  I will always expect the worst outcome and be ready for it."  With that he returned his attention to the boss that was lurking in the sand beneath him.  Domarus watched as the boss leaped from the sands again and Domarus swung his ax at it.  However it shifted itself so that it's hardest armor was what the blade hit, causing the creature to fly through the air unharmed, but unable to attack Hestia.  Domarus tsked.

"Another thing:  Remember that war and harming the innocent is the very last thing I want.  That was worst case scenario as you were thinking.  However I'm not going to just back down and surrender without a fight Ember.  It would benefit you to remember that.  I'm in this to win and no one will stand in my way and live a bountiful life."

ID#  99159  BD:  4+3-3=4  MD:  4+1=5

[H:2] Domarus:  780/780 = 69/78 = DMG:  15 = MIT:  89 = ACC:  3 = Thorns:  36

[H:5] @Hestia: HP:  1136/1205 EN: 100/116 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 151 | ACC: 1 |  EVA: -1 | Thorns: 74 l BLD: 36

Edited by Domarus

And i think you don't know all of America very well Domarus. Not everybody is as lazy or ignorant as you like to make them out to be. There are those who well stop you and it won't be in these small little spurts as you would like to think since it will be in groups since the power of the internet is a strong thing and once people make connections it will be wildfire. Since those who would oppose you will speak out and when they do so and suddenly die it won't just be a strange phenomenon people will see the common cause is you and go against you also. You wouldn't be able to stop it that i am certain of. Back to the original point though people aren't as dumb and willing to just lay down and let someone take control of something as you think. It won't work in Aincrad, and it won't work in the real world. As you said why would anyone willing to join up in the idea of merging guilds since you've said before. People like the idea of holding power so if they can hold power in the form of self standing guilds that would only be fine with allying if anything. Then if they ally they will still be willing to stop you at the first signs of something wrong. I say in a calm tone of voice and a nod of my head. I am not saying this from a perspective of biased hate as you could maybe think, but this being from my own idea of how people are and what they will do when presented with the idea of someone taking over like you plan to. I say with just a nod of my head as i focus back on the opponent at hand as it gets batted away by your axe unable to even strike me. I then send a ball of energy towards you to bring you towards the brink of being full.

Action Taken: Energize [-10 ENG]  [+8 ENG to Domarus] [+1 eng natural]

[H:2] Domarus:  780/780 = 77/78 = DMG:  15 = MIT:  89 = ACC:  3 = Thorns:  36

[H:5] @Hestia: HP:  1136/1205 EN: 91/116 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 151 | ACC: 1 |  EVA: -1 | Thorns: 74 l BLD: 36