[F-01 SP] Continuing From a Very Good Place to Start <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>> [Completed]

Neo woke up, a little sore but ready to continue her quest. She stood at the gate out of the Town of Beginnings and stared out into the field in front of her.

It looks so peaceful from here, but these fields hold anything but peace. They are used a symbol of beginnings but in practice have become a symbol of our end. I should really return here before I log out, if I ever get to do that... No. Stop thinking like that. Though my doubt holds me back, it is also what could get me killed. I doubted myself for two years, so I'm pretty sure I've done enough for the remainder of this game's existence.

She walked out into the fields. And relatively quickly spotted another boar pup. This was unaware of what was coming to it. And Neo was ready to take on today's challenges.

Spoiler

Neo:

HP: 52 (+10 regen)

ENG: 1 (+1 regen)

Boar Pup:

HP: 5

Damage: 3 - Does not gain extra damage from criticals

Edited by Neopolitan

Neo went to attack the boar with the sword art she had become quite comfortable with. However, as she went to attack, she failed to notice a little root from a small, nearby tree that protruded from the ground. She tripped over it and fell face first into the grass and dirt. The boar pup looked at quizzically, almost as if criticizing her for being so careless with her attack. Neo hurriedly got up and brushed herself off.

At the very least I was clumsy enough that the boar didn't attack back. No matter, I'll just have to finish this the old fashioned way.

Neo grabbed her rapier that she had dropped during the fall. She had at least had the sense of mind to make sure not to stab herself, even though the game may have had safety measures against such an action. Pointing it at the rapier, she almost shouted at the boar to charge her, but remembered she would not use her voice. There was no point in using something she had lived without all her life.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #101033

BD: 1 - Critical Miss

MD: 5 - Miss

Neo:

ENG: 0 (+1 regen; -2 miss)

Edited by Neopolitan

Even though she didn't speak it, the boar seemed to have gotten her message. It began to rush in towards Neo. Neo wasn't entirely prepared for such an aggressive attack from what had otherwise been a passive AI, but managed to hold her blade in front of her. She drew a gash in the boar's side, but was sent spinning into the ground once again by the boar's momentum.

I really should stop getting myself knocked down so often, one hit like that in the higher floors and it could mean my death.

Trying to be more graceful with her movements, but struggling to do so while getting herself up, Neo pushed herself up off of the ground and pointed her sword at the boar, finally ready for the battle to begin in full.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #101034

BD: 8 - Hit

MD: 10 - Major Critical Hit

Neo:

HP: 49 (-3): 3 base and no extra damage from crit

ENG: 0 (+1 regen; -1 basic attack)

Boar Pup:

HP: 2 (-3): 3 base

Edited by Neopolitan

The boar began to charge at Neo once again, and Neo was ready this time. However, the boar was the one not paying any attention this time and tripped over the same root Neo had not moments ago. As the boar sprawled in front of Neo, she found her self looking at the boar in the same quizzical manner it had when she tripped over it. Shaking her head clear, She realized that she had not struck the boar. Trying to thrust down at it, she had been to slow and the boar scampered out of the blade's reach. Neo instead took the opportunity to slice the thin root in half so as to prevent any further tripping from occurring. There was no need for either of them to suffer the embarrassment of tripping over the same small root twice. The boar began scuffing its feet along the ground, prepping itself for another charge at Neo.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #101037

BD: 5 - Miss

MD: 1 - Critical Miss

Neo:

Edited by Neopolitan

The boar pup began its charge at Neo, but was stepping a little lopsided. As such, Neo was easily able to catch it off guard and get the last cut she needed to finish it off. Neo took a little bit to catch her breath, not wanting to see whether or not the pup had left behind a tusk. After waiting a litle bit, she turned around and looked for the tusk in the grass. Unsurprisingly, she couldn't find one.

Perhaps I should try to fight multiple again, that was when I had the best luck. Then again, I only need the one more and fighting one at a time is much easier than two at a time.

I'll fight two, and if the first one drops a tusk, I'll try to run back towards the town of beginnings without the second hitting me too hard. That will hopefully work to my advantage.

Spoiler

Combat:

Roll ID: #101038

BD: 6 - Hit

MD: 3 - Nullified due to death

Neo:

Boar Pup:

HP: 0 (-3): 3 base

Loot:

Roll ID:

LD: 

Edited by Neopolitan

Neo looked around and quickly spotted two more Boar Pups. Tough they were a little spread apart, Neo figured she could probably deal with them a little faster if she engaged two at a time. She takes a lunge at one of the pups and manages to land a scrape on it. Before it can attack, Neo is already running off to get the other creature focusing on her. What she wasn't prepared for, though, was that the other pup was already ready for her. It quickly lunged at her in revenge for its fellow beast. Wincing from the blow, Neo prepared for the harder fight ahead of her.

Maybe two at a time wasn't the best idea. Guess it's too late to back out now. I'm going to get those tusks eventually, may as well get some thrill out of it instead of just going out and slaughtering these poor things.

Spoiler

Roll IDs: #101156 & #10157

BD: 7 - Hit

MD: 4 - Miss (Boar Pup #1)

MD: 9 - minor critical hit (Boar Pup #2)

Neo:

HP: 46 (-3): 3 base and no modifier from crit

ENG: 0 (+1 regen; -1 hit)

Boar Pup #1:

HP: 2 (-3): 3 base

Damage: 3

Boar Pup #2:

HP: 5

Damage: 3

Edited by Neopolitan

This was definitely a bad idea.

Neo found herself quickly surrounded by the two little creatures, unable to keep track of both at the same time. Though she managed to keep one at bay, another just charged at her without her aware of it. She was caught squarely in the back and only just got back up in time to avoid the other pup.

More things I'll need to practice. Sadly it is really hard to practice these without putting myself in danger. It might be a good idea to find someone willing to sell me some good gear for a relatively low price. I could really use any extra stats that I can get my frugal hands on. That and I'll need good gear to keep getting to the higher floors without putting myself at an extreme risk.

She shook her head, once again distracted by her own thoughts, and prepared to retaliate against the boars in full.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #10190 & #10191

BD: 2 - Miss

MD: 7 - Hit

MD: 2 - Miss

Neo:

HP: 43 (-3): 3 base

Edited by Neopolitan

A very bad idea...

Neo continued with her struggle of keeping two opponents in mind at the same time, especially because they had the sense of mind to always be on opposite sides of her. No matter which direction she tried to guard or dodge, the other was there to hit where she wasn't ready. As she tried to swing at one, she felt another sudden pressure on her back and realized that the one she wasn't paying attention to had backed up and charged at her once again. As unfair as this fight was, Neo didn't trouble herself for it too much, as she was fully aware what she had gotten herself into.

Look left, look right... Don't let them out of your site for too long else they charge you... I'm starting to get the hang of this, or maybe these really are just meant to be weak little creatures to practice against. Probably the latter.

Spoiler

Roll IDs: #101192 & #101193

BD: 5 - Miss

MD: 9 - Minor critical hit

MD: 1

Neo:

HP: 40 (-3): 3 base (no modifier from crit)

Edited by Neopolitan
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe I don't have the hang of this.

Neo was desperately trying to find an opening but was unable to find a way to hit without opening herself up to an attack from the other boar. As she stood and realized taking on 2 at a time wasn't a good idea, one of them attacked. Neo was once again caught off guard and took the headbutt in the calf. She was hurt, but not badly so. However, she noticed her health bar was starting to get quite low, at least low enough to start making Neo worry.

Don't get flustered, just breathe calmly. Breathe calmly and an opening will show itself soon enough. Good things come to those who wait, but can I wait for that opening... Don't worry about it, just find some way to take out one and the other boar pup should be a piece of cake.

Spoiler

Roll IDs #101424 $ #101425

BD: 4 - Miss

MD: 9 - minor critical hit

MD: 5 - miss

Neo:

HP: 37 (-3): 3 base (no modifier from crit)

Edited by Neopolitan

Though her calf was still hurting a bit, Neo soon found her opening. One of the boars had left itself wide open. She steadied herself and gave a powerful thrust with her rapier. The boar quickly went down, but no sooner had it gone down did Neo feel a sharp pain in her back. The other boar had charged while she finished off its friend.

Still need to pay attention to both simultaneously, otherwise this will keep happening. At least I took one down. No time to look for the tusk, and I don't think that I saw one anyways.

Neo turned to face her second opponent, not wanting to let it get any more free hits against her. The boar pup looked at Neo with almost a glisten in its eye. It felt like it was alive, but Neo couldn't feel remorse if she was to conquer her own fears.

Spoiler

Combat:

Roll IDs: #101426 & #101427

BD: 10 - Major Critical Hit

MD: Nullified due to death

MD: 8 - hit

Neo:

HP: 34 (-3): 3 base

Boar Pup #1:

HP: 0 (-5): 3 base + 2 crit

Loot:

Roll ID: #101428

LD: 10 - unsuccessful (2/3 boar pup tusks)

Edited by Neopolitan

The two didn't face each other down for long, and in a blink of an eye, the fight was finally over. Neo had gotten the boar right through the mouth. As it shattered into little pieces, Neo saw that there was a little tusk laying in the grass. Though unsure whether it came from the first one she killed or the second, Neo was happy nonetheless as this meant the quest was complete. She grabbed the tusk and hurried back to the blacksmith. Once she was there, she sat through the dialogue and waited for it to automatically continue as she stood there in protestant silence. As the quest marked itself complete the blacksmith finished by requesting that Neo take a package to a young artisan named Hannah. She listened for directions to the grove she was in and was off on her way to continue her path to the front lines.

Spoiler

Combat:

Roll ID: #101429

BD: 10 - Major Critical Hit

MD: nullified due to death

Neo:

Eng: 0 (+1 regen; -1 basic attack)

Boar Pup #2:

HP: 0 (-5): 3 base + 2 crit damage

Loot:

Roll ID: #101430

LD: 16 successful (3/3 boar pup tusks found)

Edited by Neopolitan

Thread Summary:

1 page of completed RP: 1 SP and 400 Col

Quest Completed <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>>

1 T1 armor with one slot of mitigation (leather armor was chosen)

1 Safeguard potion (may only be used in 'The Third lesson, Is Just as Free')

2 SP

Total SP: 3

Total Col: 400