[SP-F6] <<The Gemini>>

"Teleport! Amazon!" Miaki shouted as he stood inside a teleportation gate on the third floor. Soon as he finished those two words he was enveloped in a shimmering blue light and vanished from the town he was in. Mere seconds later, the light faded from Miaki's vision and he found himself on the familiar jungle floor. He looked around to see how active the area was and sure enough there were multiple players walking about going to and from the sizable village settlement of the sixth floor.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miaki stepped away from the platform he found himself on. Now to find the vendor he was looking for. Most of his visits to the sixth floor involved him visiting a vendor who had helped him get started as an alchemist before he ventured out into the jungle. This visit would be the same. He started walking across the settlement when he heard a voice behind him.

"Beg your pardon but are you Miaki Murakami the Silver Swordsman?"

Miaki turned around and saw the cloaked figure standing behind him. Miaki gave a quizical look to him. "Why yes I am. Is there something I can do for you?" He could see the person's mouth hidden under the hood. "I'd like to challenge you to a friendly little duel. I've heard about you and seen and heard your name come up before and I want to know if what they say is true about you."

"Well I suppose a duel is alright. What kind do you want to do? First strike? Half health?"

"Half health if it's alright with you." The hooded man said.

Miaki thought about the man's offer. 'A little duel won't hurt. It's only to half health and I'm sure this guy could handle it.' A semi-transparent display appeared before Miaki which read:

'______ has challenged you two a <>.

Do you accept?'

Miaki hesitated when the system didn't register the person's name.

"Something the matter?" The hooded man asked.

"Your name isn't appearing in the display." As soon as Miaki said that a name began to appear in the display but he couldn't quite read it. Almost as if the name were out of focus. 'Was that always there?' He thought to himself. "Wait a minute. It's here. That was odd." Miaki reached for the accept button not noticing the hooded figure smiling sinisterly. As Miaki made contact with the 'O' on the display the name came into focus and shroud enveloped the character before Miaki.

The character's avatar shifted in a shroud of shadows. A name appeared above the character which read <>. 'What the heck!?' As the shrouds started to dissipate, Gemini's form was visible again. He stood around 5'4", wore a light brown trench coat with matching fedora, underneath the fedora strands of strawberry-blonde hair could be seen. The man wore black wire rimed glasses and blue-green eyes. Miaki's eyes started to widen.

"What's the matter? Seeing double? Gemini, who looked exactly like Miaki, said. He drew a katana which looked exactly like Miaki's weapon. In fact it was Miaki's weapon. This man, named Gemini, was a perfect copy of Miaki.

Miaki reach underneath his trench coat and drew his katana from it's scabbard. As the blade was drawn it let out a bright silver flash. This was <>. A perfectly crafted blade forged by his friend and fellow brigade member Daeron. But Gemini held a katana that looked exactly like the one in Miaki's hands. "Just a poor imitation. Miaki muttered.

"Oh I find you will see this as the real deal."

The countdown clock had been counting down the time from 1:30 this whole time and was now at 0:53.

The counter read 0:46. Miaki began circling around his doppleganger, the one called Gemini. "So just who or what are you?" Miaki asked in a demanding voice. Gemini stood still facing forward with a smug look on his face, tracking Miaki with his eyes.

"Who am I? Why I am you Miaki." Gemini said.

"You really expect me to believe that?"

"I expect you to believe what your eyes tell you."

Miaki was now behind Gemini, still continuing his circling around Gemini, inspecting the person. "So I guess the next thing I am to say is 'do I really look like that'." Miaki quipped.

"Hahaha a sense of humor. Now you're getting into the spirit of things."

"I like to keep the mood up."

"Oh I know Miaki Murakami the Silver Swordsman, Azure Brigade council member, and front liner. You also enjoy your titles.

"And you are starting to annoy me." Miaki said as he passed Gemini's 3 o' clock position. The timer read 0:26

"How amusing. Miaki can't stand himself." Gemini said with a sly smirk.

Miaki looked at the jungle ground where he was walking, keeping Gemini in his vision. Glancing up he said. "I hope you're more than just words. I'd hate for my double to be just a bunch of wasted space and a not a worthy challenge." Miaki was now at Gemini's one o' clock having slowed his pace already.

"I expect you will have a difficult enough time. You are fighting yourself after all." Using his left hand, Gemini gestured toward Miaki than waved his hand starting at his crown and waving down. "Behold! You face Miaki Murakami, armed with his blade Silvershard. Rest assured you fight nothing but the best. You are rather confidant in yourself and your abilities." The timer now read 0:06. Miaki stood still and at e ready. His blade hanging down towards he ground.

The countdown now said 0:04.

"I hope so." Miaki said as the counter reached 0:00 and an alarm was heard marking the beginning of he fight.

'BRIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGG!!!!' Sounded the buzzer as Miaki rushed forward towards Gemini. If he was gonna get the first strike then he had to make it count. He charged a sword skill hoping for the best. His blade glowed bright silver like when it was first drawn. He leapt forward and released the sword skill <>, a three hit combo also known as 'Scarlet Fan'.

(OOC: Must roll 8 to deal bonus damage over the span of three hits.)

Sword skill cooldown = 3 turn(s)

Battle result: CRIT! 9 DMG

Miaki rushed forward and swung his blade upward, downward, then upon the third strike, Miaki thrust his katana into Gemini.

Miaki: 41/41

<>: 32/41

Miaki's first attack pushed Gemini away from him by a small margin which helped from Gemini's attempt to retaliate. Swinging his own katana Gemini's reach missed Miaki's face by a few inches. "Well played a fine initiation." Miaki pushed the offense he had.

"What do you think about THIS!" He yelled as he swung again.

Sword skill cooldown = 2 turn(s)

Battle result: Missed

Miaki attacked with a flurry of strikes but they failed to connect. Gemini seemed to know exactly where Miaki would strike and parried every time.

Miaki: 41/41

<>: 32/41

Gemini, after parrying multiple strikes, knocked Miaki back and charge his own copy of <>. The blade glowed green as Gemini charged it and released it with incredible speed. Miaki was hit twice across the chest and could feel the sting. "You forget that you are not the only one who can attack with sword skills." Miaki clashed swords a few times and focused hard to keep up with each blow coming at him. Following one parry, Miaki saw one opening and took advantage of it.

Sword skill cooldown = 1 turn(s)

Battle result: Critical - 3 DMG

Miaki struck Gemini in the side leaving a deep gash. "And you forget who you are dealing with!"

Miaki: 37/41

<>: 29/41

Gemini flinched has he took a hit to the side of his waist. He brought his blade up and attacked but missed completely. Miaki charged his sword skill Gengetsu, a 1-hit strike (roll 7 for +1 DMG), also called <>.

(OOC: Sword skill cooldown = 3 turn(s).)

Battle result: Crit - 4 DMG

He swung in a wide arc and cut through Gemini's defenses.

<>: 25/41

"You know something Gemini. You're nothing but a fraud! A pale imitation of me." Miaki shouted as he dodged another attack from Gemini. "You are nothing compared to the real deal." Miaki swung again at Gemini.

(OOC: Sword skill cooldown = 2 turn(s).)

Battle result: Missed

Miaki's attack was blocked by Gemini.

<>: 25/41