[PP-F1] <<The First Few Lessons are Free>> (Blood, Pick) [Complete]

"Seems like we're going to have to polish up your luck by just that tad bit, not that it's necessarily a hard thing to do. We just need to get your butt some experience, and that means you're going to have to pull your weight out here and get some quests done. I already got one of my other beginning tanks to start with a beginner's quest, and you'll just do the same one. He's still hard at work right now, and we're going to get you started. Once we get all three of us to a high level, the potential of us becoming the strongest group is uncapped," Blood exclaimed, beginning to walk towards the safe zone. There, she would get Pick to start off with a beginner's quest, and learn how to get materials in this real world. The fact that she met him here couldn't be luckier for her, because he was exactly what she needed.... a support player that was mainly a treasure hunter elsewhere. While Thicc could only prove his potential as a tank in battle, Pick could provide far more outside of combat with his ability to gather materials for players, mainly her and Thicc.

ID: 102231
LD: 6

"No luck here either, I suppose. Unlucky for you once again, friend... hopefully, you'll have better luck next time." Michael grinned, looking around for materials of his own when he managed to spot one in the wall. "Will ya look at that. A perfect material ore sitting inside a wall. This will certainly do me good, and I'm glad that I found it in front of you, how do you like that, mister buff?" Michael finished, to Thicc's dismay at the complete rudeness that had been portrayed to him. Thicc sighed, but straightened his chest as he continued to look for more materials without wasting any more words on the green-haired hipster who was of complete irrelevance to him. As far as he knew, this was simply a test sent by Blood to give him an obstacle or a distraction so he could not focus on the material gathering aspect of this quest. Whatever reason he was here, Thicc didn't have to like him.

Quest Materials: 3

"Zach? Is that you?" Pick said quietly, peeking through the door to see a white-haired man holding a potion.

"Oh, look at that! Two new players willing to enter the game after hiding for so long. I saw a buff guy this morning take the quest, and I'm very pleased that yet another hard worker seems to be joining the work force. I suppose that you play a completely different play style than him, so tell me about yourself, do you like treasure or do you like being on the front of combat, ready to dash out damage or take damage at anything that comes at them?" The quest giver asked.

"Well, you see, I live for treasure. Treasure is what gives me life, and treasure is what I live for. Currently, I do not have the skills to obtain these treasures that are so beloved by me, so I must ask you to give me the quest that would give me the start that I desire to become the best seeker in this world."

"Very well, young sir. Go find me five mushrooms near the swamp of the first floor outside the safe zone, and this head start is what will be given to you. There is a reason why material gathering is the first beginner quest, because it is the most important out of all of them."

"Looks like today is over for me," Blood said as soon as she accompanied Pick outside of the quest giving area. The man had received the quest, and she just needed the two of them to continue and complete the quest so they can get the skill points for it. Of course, she had already completed this quest, and knew that the system makes it easier for players to material gather during this quest. She knew that Thicc must be having a hard time with Michael, but that was exactly what she wanted to do, by pushing him to his limits and increasing the amount that he can take, both mentally and physically. The training that she had set for these two players were now under way, and she was no longer needed at the very moment. This was her cue to leave the place, and let the two players do what they need to do. She sent a message to Thicc, and told Pick the same thing.

"Come to meet me at the quest giver's location once you get all five materials. From there, you will complete and the rest of the quest with me with you, and that will be our day complete." She explained, walking away.

Blood leaves the thread temporarily.

ID: 102249
LD: 7

"This is getting annoying even for me," Thicc heard as Michael continued to burst out and interrupt with his random comments. It's been a while since he last saw an ore that could be collected, and this was getting extremely annoying to him as well. He was a patient man, but when it gets to the point when he can no longer tell when the next time to get a material will be, it gets extremely stressful to him.

He sighed and when a notification popped up, he stopped and checked it immediately. He had received instruction to go back to the quest location immediately after gathering the materials, and he nodded, making a mental note to do exactly that. Thicc looked at Michael, nodding and signalling that there's no time to waste and that they must continue on this quest. To be completely honest though, the man's randomness and talkativeness was very annoying for Thicc, and the fact that he is very loud doesn't help with it either.

ID: 102250
LD: 12

"Here we are, ya all." Pick said to himself, which he does quite a lot when he does things by himself. That was before he spotted another NPC girl in the distance. It was a great opportunity to launch himself at a girl and hopefully practice his flirting skills. With a smile, he strolled over and asked her how she was doing, only to be received with no response. Seems like some NPCs are talkative and some are not, just like people in real life. He thought, but he never imagined that some of them would just straight ignore him. Whatever. He shrugged, separating himself from the girl to continue on his quest. With one small accidental glance, he noticed something shiny on the ground, and instantly he noticed that a mushroom lay on the ground waiting for him to pick. "How lucky!" He remarked, bending down and picking up the material.

Quest Materials: 1

ID: 102251
LD: 11

Leading the way, Thicc moved into a new area that they had not searched. It was far deeper into the cave and a lot darker as well, meaning that less players would have access there to get materials from there, leaving all of it to Thicc. At least, that was what he thought, and he would test this theory right now even when Michael next to him was pessimistic.

"Come on, man. It's so dark out here. I doubt they would make players come down here to get materials, so there's probably none down here. Let's head back to where we started and see if we missed anything!" Michael blurted out, fixing his hair and looking up as if he could actually see it from his vision. Thicc shook his head, repeatedly tapping his finger on an ore that he had spotted. He was very close to the target now, and it shouldn't take that long from this point.

Quest Materials: 4

ID: 102340
LD: 13

Pick was eager to test out exactly how lucky he would get in this game. He knew that he had the luck in real life, but this game worked differently. With the quest making it even easier to gather materials, Pick should honestly not have trouble with obtaining these materials, and to be completely honest, Pick was confident that his luck would work out in this game, just like it had in real life. With an enthusiastic step from the previous mushroom that he had picked up, he immediately felt something make contact with his foot. Could it be? Another mushroom so soon after the last one? This was even before he had any boosts to his stats, and he was already getting quite lucky. How long would this streak of material gathering last? This was something that he was eager to test out, so he bent down, picked up the mushroom, and began walking right away.

Quest Materials: 2

ID: 102361
LD: 16

Thicc knew instantly that the moment he stepped into the dark parts of the room, he had managed to find something brilliant. This was a great deposit that he could definitely use, and this was where he would certainly finish off the quest that he had started a long while ago. At least, it seemed like he had been on this quest for a while because Michael was constantly next to him, blurting away at his heart's delight without thinking. 

"Hey! Look at that thing in the wall. I think we've finally got your quest done. It seems like you took a long time compared to when I finished this quest. I got this thing done in a while. I guess that's why I'm better than you. I'm big and I'm fast, while you're only big, and you're super slow." Michael grinned, closing his eyes, unaware that Thicc had walked away.

Quest Materials: 5 Complete

ID: 102352
LD: 19

Pick continued on his way with both his hands hidden deep within his pockets. He was confident that he would be able to find more mushrooms, and just like he thought he would, he was able to find one right next to the one that he had just found a couple of while ago. His luck was proving to be just as good as it was in real life, and he was very delighted that it seemed so. This mushroom in particular seemed especially delicious compared to the other ones, and he is sure that the quest giver would be pleased with the material that he would bring him later. Without another word, he inserted the material into his inventory and carried on, this time with both his arms behind his head and his mouth in the shape of a whistle. As he went, the sound of twinkle twinkle little star can be heard in the atmosphere.

Quest materials: 3

Thicc looked at MIchael, and felt an urge to ask exactly what he was doing, but he could not open his mouth because of his preference to silence. Instead, he simply stared at him as he attempted to grab a piece of rock that was poking out of the wall. Michael, when he looked over, seemed to have noticed.

"Oh, oops. I was just testing my strength from boredom. It seems that your rotten luck has finally pulled through and got you the five materials that you need. I suppose we should head back now, let's get on the way, then. You lead the way, fam." Michael exclaimed, scratching his hair and not making eye contact.

"And don't question what I was doing any further, understand?"

Without even speaking, Thicc turned around and made his way towards the exit of the cave system. From there, he would make his way back, but it would be a long walk.

ID: 102353
LD: 7

"Oh look, another material in the distance. Let's see how good it turns out to be, and whether I can actually pick it up as a quest material." Pick said to himself, beginning to walk towards the mushroom that was sticking out of the ground. Before he could reach it, however, he took one wrong step, and ended up catching his right foot against a small pebble that was almost invicible - hidden deep within the grass that sheltered it from the eyes of unsuspecting material gatherers. Pick yelped as he hit the ground, and dust rose everywhere, making him cough before he could get up from the green sea of grass. Scratching his head, he noted, "I guess I'm not that lucky after all. I can't be that lucky until I get my stats up, huh? Well, three materials in a row is good enough for now, I suppose." He shrugged, standing up.