[PP-F02] Echo's In the Dark «Let There Be Light» Neopolitan

As Sunova walks outside off the inn she stayed in with a new weapon on her back, well not new for her at least. A White Katana with the head of a fox at the handle, It looked nice with Sunova's Armor she had right now. As she walks outside she could see many NPC doing their own thing, It was a clear day and everything was so calm. Sunova though it would be a good time to get things going and start some relaxing after a good fight they had with the Queen. Sunova was not completely awake and saw still a bit num, cleaning her eyes a bit from the sleep Sunova saw an NPC woman stand there in pure panic while maybe two other childer were next to her. Sunova then saw the quest marker above the lady and she opened her menu.

To: @Neopolitan

Subject: Panicking Lady Quest.

Heyo, Neo. I think I found something I want to do with you, there is this lady on floor two really panicking and so. and I know she has a quest so I wanted to ask you if you wanted to come and help me find out what she wants. I'm still a bit tired so I will be taking it a bit slower than normal. I will be waiting for you at the fountain Maybe you can see the panicking lady as you walk to me.

Sunova pressed send and walked over to a bench next to the fountain she mentions in the message. As for than Sunova started to wait as she slowly fell to sleep on the bench she was sitting on. Now Sunova was sleeping on the bench luckily inside the safe zone, She claimed the entire bench for herself as she was sleeping nice and calm.

Neo had just gotten to floor seven from her last quest when she got a notification. Su was asking for her to come do a quest with her.

That 'll be nice to do here. Let's see, floor 2 is where the sending location is from, that's probably where the quest is then. Shouldn't be too bad to go for.

Neo stopped by her restaurant to drop off her rewards and turned back towards the floor's fountain. Once she got their, she found he console to go to floor 2.

Thank goodness you don't need voice controls for these fountains, else I would be struggling.

Neo arrived at the second floor, and saw Su waiting for her. She looked side to side and saw the panicked NPC.

Well, I guess we'll need to go see what the panic is about.

Neo gave a smile as she walked up to Sunova.

Sunova sat upright as she saw Neo walkover, Sunova waved happily but then held her hand for her mouth as quick as possible and yawned. "Hiy, How have you been, Cus I'm somewhat tired now." As she stretched her arms a bit "That lady over there is really panicking about something, but she does have a quest so why not try it and see what we end up with" Sunova said as she stood up and pointed at the lady not far from them. It was still amazing how NPC's were in this game because as soon as the lady saw Sunova point she started walking here way. Sunova was totally not paying attention at this as she was waiting for Neo to follow her. The lady spoke out of nowhere and Sunova jumped a bit high into the sky  "Sorry Sorry I scared you young girl, I'm just desperate and I need help"The lady said to both Neo and Sunova, "My Kid has gone missing and his friends here said they last saw her in near the cave system down that pad. So can you please look for my child" The lady asked them. Sunova stretched again and nodded to the lady "Sure Sure, We will do it Right!" Sunova said looking real confident about it. "Girl please be careful, You are still young so please don't get lost or die out there," The panicking lady said before Sunova took Neo's hand to the pad the lady pointed at.

As soon as Su was done explaining the situation, the NPC actually came over and began their dialogue. As they conversed responsively with Su, Neo couldn't help but be in awe about the program's realism.

I know it's hard, but I have to remember that they are not actual humans. They are just chunks of code in a game, no matter how realistic it makes them be. I have to remember that. It's the only excuse I'll have if I ever have to kill one of them.

The two finished talking, and the woman was thankfully in a stable enough situation to point them in the direction of the cave her child went missing in. Su took her hand, and Neo quickly stepped to walk in stride so Su could feel free to talk to her. They both knew where they were going, so it shouldn't be that hard to at least start their search.

"The system is weird, many times have I met an NPC that is almost human in dialog then as in movement, But thinking about it makes me think even more about it is that we just staying in another  world than from our own." Looking back at the NPC, But somehow the lady was just doing fine as they walked out of the safe zone. "But If you think hard enough, We are also just pixels in this world. Only or minds run our, ... Let's say NPC body. Maybe All the important NPC's are AI and think on themselves, But most NPC quest is just YOU start talking to them or something around that." She said holding her hand to her chin, It was weird that the system always found a way to handle with players, Even If you did not say anything the NPC would still understand. Not only that, If you did something important an NPC will remember you somehow. It was just like the waitress in the Sweet Shop were Neo and Sunova went to eat.

As Su talked about all the ways the NPCs were amazing, Neo nodded in agreement. There was certainly something to be said at how well the world they were stuck in was created. If it wasn't for its creator wanting to play god, this would likely have been one of the greatest games of all time. Not only was it the first full-dive game, but also had all manner of other amazing technologies behind it. It was truly an open world. The only thing that made this game not a sandbox was the clear progression towards an end goal, which may not have been there if they weren't currently trapped.

It really is a wonderful system, and hope that kinder people continue to make these games. Even if I wasn't trapped, I would probably still be playing this game. It's a game that offers so much more than any other has, and would've been on the top charts for a while.

walking down a narrow path Sunova sees something pop up in her map, the Quest marker moved, No it was moving fast, almost like it was running from something. "uhm, The quest marker is moving... that isn't normal, Maybe we should hurry a bit."  Sunova said looking at her map as she spoke to Neo. Sunova started to walk a bit faster and when they almost were at the bottom of the path Sunova jumped from the side onto a flat part where the path ended. "Let's see Cave, were is a cave,"  Sunova said and looked around. Her eyes spotted something, it was a small waterfall on the other side of a bridge. With a clearer look sunova saw that behind the waterfall was a cave. "Cave Spotted, Neo you aren't scared for hights, because we need to cross this bridge." She said and pointed at her map, were the quest marker was and then at the bridge who was standing in between. Sunova walked over to the bridge and started to move the side of the bridge, "It is strong, so we should be fine." She said without any fear in her voice what so ever, It was she did not fear anything, but still, Sunova was easily scared just by jumping up on her, but when thing like this happened Sunova looked to have no fear at all. Staring down at the ground Sunova smiled "Okay, It is really deep down there so don't fall, you won't survive the fall damage even if you were level 50." She said turning at Neo. Sunova still looked to have no fear at all and waited for Neo to come with her over the bridge.

When the two came to a bridge, Neo glanced over the edge and saw just how far of a drop it was. She wasn't scared of heights, but there was still the general feel of how unsafe it would be to cross a gap. Thankfully, the bridge seemed strong, and Su confirmed it as such. Neo steeled her nerves and followed Su onto the bridge.

It's not that scary. Just a life ending fall, that's all. This game really does put a whole new perspective on death, almost like it's refreshing our sense of mortality. In real life, a bridge like this would barely faze me. But here, I am gripping so tightly onto life that I am more reluctant. We've become more aware of our own existence, knowing that it all hangs by a thin thread of luck and skill woven together. Okay... I should stop thinking about my death and just focus on crossing the bridge. Yeah... crossing the bridge... nothing to fear... just cross the bridge.

Sunova walked over the bridge without any sounds, not a jump or even fear. She was never scared for things like this, not scared for the dark, not even scared for a wild animal. She was only scared when things happened without her knowing it. "Mph, Bridge cleared, not into the cave and find this child. If we follow the quest marker we would find her don't you think" As she pointed at her map in front of her. entering the cave was not hard but the harder part was the debuff they got as soon as they entered the cave. "Can't see anything, Eum Neo your still next to me right, don't jump out or something If you do that I won't like it." She said trying to look into the cave. "It's not that I'm scared of the dark, don't like things that come out of nowhere, and I'm sure we are going to find something like that right now," she said still trying to look around in the hopes to see something. then in the far distance, they heard a sound of someone crying and Sunova tugged Neo's arm "Think that is the girl, quest marker is that way, so let's go." She says as she walks on to the sound.

Neo got ver the bridge without much difficulty, just a lot of nerves. Soon after the bridge, the two went into the cave. It was quite dark and Neo couldn't really tell her way around the place. It was easy to see how a child would get lost easily in such a dark place. In fact, Neo wondered if they would be able to find the exit themselves. With the darkness also came another problem, Neo wouldn't be able to effectively communicate without the person she was talking to being able to see. Despite this, Neo still nodded to let Su know she wouldn't try to jump scare her. It honestly wouldn't be that kind of a thing to do. Besides, jump scares needed sound with them to be that effective. As the two heard someone crying, Neo felt immediately alerted. Though Su said that was the direction of the quest marker, Neo had a feeling that the girl wasn't alone. Neo went and followed Su towards the source of the sound.

(OOC: Don't forget to spawn in the bats we need to fight for the quest)

As the sound of the crying got louder they knew they were close, but then a giant bat jumped down from the ceiling and started combat. Sunova was so shocked by this and jump almost 5 feet into the air as the bat came down. "EEEEP MONSTER"  She yelled and took out her Katana. without thinking, Sunova swung her weapon at the monster. A bright light came as Sunova stood on the ground and swung her Sword up hitting the bat into the air as it laid on the ground stunned because of the sword art Sunova used. The giant bat was laying on the ground a bit struggling to get its bearings again "Oops, I didn't mean to do that but it is stunned now so just maybe I can wait one turn so you can get more hate than me" Sunova explained looking back at Neo. Clearly, Sunova jumped and acted because of the jump scare the bat gave her, sure Sunova was not scared of the dark but still she was very jumpy and would be shocked by the bat.

Spoiler

ID:102337

BD: 7 -1 + 2   8

Sunova:

HP140/140 ENG: 14/10 [Used Ukifune -4 ENG]

Hate: 1 

Neo:

HP: 180/180 ENG: 18/18

Hate: 0

Giant Bat: Stunned

HP 48/50  [2 DMG *1 Ukifune 2 DMG]

Neo was walking towards the crying when the bat swooped down out of seemingly nowhere. She heard Su pull out her katana and strike the bat. Looking around, she spotted the marker above Su and guessed the bat would be near her. Neo tried to pull her rapier out of its scabbard, but it got stuck. She ended up drawing it and giving a quick empowered swipe with no success. She was blind in this cavern, and would need to find another way to take on this creature.

This won't be as easy as the wasp, I just hope another one doesn't show up while we're still taking on this one. Although I'm almost certain hat there will be more. We need to just grab the kid and get out of here as quickly as possible. That will be our best option to avoid going through too much unnecessary combat.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102339

BD: 4 + 1 - 1 = 4 - Miss

Sunova:

HP: 140/140

ENG: 10/14

Neo:

HP: 180/180

ENG: 16/18 (-2 miss) 

HP 48/50

"Neo, If you can hear me or see me the bat is stunned so I will try to keep it down until you get here," Sunova said as she looked at the direction were the giant bat was. Hearing the silent piping of the bat on the ground as it was trying to get up. As it got up it was already too late and Sunova did another attack, the light of her sword art lighted up the cave and for a second the bat was visible. but as the light went away Sunova missed her attack and the bat swooped to the left to make sure it didn't get hit by its attack. Sunova looked back at the giant bat seeing that it was still trying to get around and see where it was, "NEO, NOW IS YOUR CHANGE. SIX FEET IN FRONT OF MY VOICE" Sunova yelled already knowing where the location of the bat was just by going past the bat's body.

Spoiler

MD: 2 Stunned

BD: 2 -1 +2  3

Sunova:

HP140/140 ENG: 14/8 [missed -2 ENG]

Neo:

HP: 180/180 ENG: 18/18

HP 48/50  [Next turn no longer Stunned]

It was just so dark, Neo could barely see anything. Su seemed to get it though, and was giving directions to Neo. Su missed, but Neo got enough of a silhouette that she could make sure to target the bat instead of Su. She let the sword art take her over, the energy flowing through her. She went in for one strike, and fell short, and then followed up with a second, which connected. She heard the bat squeal in pain, so she obviously did some damage. It seemed to be focused on her for the time being, which was good. Neo wasn't sure for how long Su would be able to take attacks. Neither of them had gotten hit while the two of them were together. Though it would be nice if they never got hit, Neo wanted to know where she stood with the creatures on this floor.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102358

BD: 7 + 1 -1 = 7 - hit

Sunova:

ENG: 8/14

Neo:

ENG: 16/18 (+1 regen; -1 sword art)

Hate: 1 (+1 hit)

Giant Bat:

HP 42/50 (-6): 3 base * 2 sword art

Sunova saw a bit as she saw Neo going for the bat as she was giving instructions to her, with that hit from Neo, Sunova knew she could do it too. But before the could do anything she heard the bat moving with its big wings, It was going for Her. As soon as Sunova heard the bad swoop by she jumped out of the way hitting the side of the cave and leaning against a wall. Sunova got her attack ready and tried to hit the bat from the back, With strength she had Sunova swung her sword into the direction of the bat. however, as she swung she hits the wall behind her and loses all her momentum to hit the bat and misses. "It's really Dark in here, Neo the bat is about 8 feet in front of me. It is flying so watch out" Sunova says as she looks over to see where Neo is. Sunova didn't want to lose her in the dark.

Spoiler

MD: 3

BD: 3 -1 + 2 4

Sunova:

HP140/140 ENG: 6/14 [missed -2 ENG]

Neo:

HP: 180/180 ENG: 16/18

Giant Bat:

HP 42/50 

Though she couldn't see anything besides the sparks, Neo heard Su's weapon hit the wall of the cave. There wasn't much to go off of, but Neo had to try and hit the bat again. Su said it was flying, so she aimed a little bit more upward and chose to try and add some flair to the move. Though the flair wouldn't be seen, Ne hoped that adding it would allow her to extend her range a little bit more and make it easier to land a hit. And she was right. As she went through the familiar motion of the two strikes, she struck two blows onto the bat.

I really should learn some more things. It really doesn't work to do the same move over and over again. Even if it's working, I should get better so that it will continue to work without a period where I'm struggling to continue.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102375

BD: 6 + 1 - 1 = 6 - Hit

Sunova:

ENG: 6/14 (don't forget you regen one energy per turn by default)

Neo:

Hate: 2 (+ hit)

Giant Bat:

HP 36/50 (-6): 3 base * 2 sword art 

As the bat got hit by Neo, it tries to go in for an attack right away, As it moves to Neo to attack it with its claws but however did not to be blinded by the flashing lights of the sword art and missed his charge at Neo swooping by Neo it stopped near Sunova. She heard the bat squeal a bit and went for the attack, starting her sword art skill and hoping it got her hits off. As she slashes to swings into the air a bit where she heard the bat a moment ago and as the first hit connects it as the second hit connects as well hitting the bat. "Neo, 5 feet in front and 3 feet Up, there is the bat located," Sunova said with a very focused tone in her voice. She jumped a bit back making sure the bat did not counter-attack. 

Spoiler

ID: 102420

BD: 7 -1 + 2 8

Sunova:

HP140/140 ENG: 6/14 [missed -2 ENG[ I added the ENG that i forgot the add last two turns]

Hate: 2

Neo:

Giant Bat:

HP 32/50 [2 DMG *2 Han'ei 4 DMG]

Neo felt the bat swopping over head and saw as Su went in for her own attack. She quickly got her stance prepped and went for another lunge, aiming upward this time around. As she went up, she felt the bat flying by, and she released her attack. Hitting with both strikes, she managed to slice one of its wings off. Neo came back down, doing her best to land well in the darkness, and turned around. Though she couldn't see the bat, she could hear its cries of pain. It was so realistic, but then Neo remembered the cries of the child earlier and shoved her thoughts of humanity towards this creature out of her mind. There was no room to be kind towards it, this game had become kill or be killed.

Now that I think about it, this game would probably get banned in some places for its realism and violence. Guess that doesn't matter now.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102430

BD: 10 - Major Critical Hit

Sunova:

ENG: 6/14

Neo:

ENG: 16/18 (-1 sword art; +1 regen)

Hate: 4 (+2 crit)

Giant Bat:

HP 22/50 (-10): (3 base + 2 crit) * 2 Sword Art

Status Effects: Bleed (12 damage/turn) - 2 turns; paralyze (unable to act) - 1 turn

As Sunova heard the bat in pain she covered her ears for a moment and then shook her head, it was not real. She looked around to see where the bat was but of no luck, it was too dark to see. Sunova was waiting for the bat to move past but it looked like it was struggling with something on the ground. "I can't see anything, where is it," she said looking around. As then she hears the struggling bat in the distance. Sunova ran to the sounds the bat made but instead of hitting the bat she fell over something in her charges and landed in front of Neo. quickly standing to her feet looking at Neo who was in her viewing range "Arg, I hate it when it is this dark, Where is it I really can't see it at all." She said standing near Neo with her weapon at the ready.

Spoiler

ID: 102486

BD: 1 -1 +2 3

Sunova:

HP140/140 ENG: 4/14 [missed -2 ENG

Neo:

Hate: 4

Giant Bat: paralyze/ bleed

HP 10/50 [bleed -12]

Edited by Sunova

Neo was fairly certain that the bat would soon die of its injuries, but there was no sense in waiting for that to happen. Neo quickly engaged where she last heard the bat. It was almost a completely blind strike, but she narrowly managed to hit the bat once again. Hearing its squeal, Neo was happy to hear the satisfying shatter of the creature finally dying. Though it was a shame to end the life of something, it was still only just code. At least, that's what Neo told herself. It still felt wrong to be killing creatures like this. She could keep making up excuses all day and all night but it still didn't quite rid her of the guilt of killing these poor beasts. Checking the bat for any loot it might have, Neo tried to locate where the child's cries might be coming from. She had once again lost her sense of direction while fighting the bat.

Spoiler

ID: 102490

BD: 6 + 1 - 1 = 6 - Hit

Sunova:

HP140/140

ENG: 4/14

Neo:

Hate: 4

Giant Bat: paralyze/ bleed

HP 4/50  (-18): 12 bleed (wasn't applied at beginning of monster's turn) + 3 base * 2 sword art