[PP - F01] Another Day << Secret Medicine of the Forest >>

Amethyst looked at the four, it had seemed as though this was a bigger threat than they had imagined... more to Amethyst than anything. However Amethyst had feared not of her own death if that were to come, she had remained calm and focused. She had moved forward in attempts to attack the Nepent... however she had failed to do so once again. However the Nepents had looked at Amethyst with intention to kill, and one by one they had attempted to strike against her, one missed but the rest had successfully done the damage to Amethyst. Amethyst fell to one knee seeing her HP drop to red, she knew she was going to be fine, she had carried Health Potions to keep her HP alive... however she knew if both Neo and herself couldn't attack these they could be a real threat to Amethyst's list. However she stood back up with nothing to fear.

@Neopolitan

ID: 102656 - BD: 4 Miss
ID: 102657 - MD: 3 Miss
ID: 102658 - MD: 7 Hit
ID: 102659 - MD: 8 Hit
ID: 102659 - MD: 8 Hit

Sword Art Used: Failed Attempt
[H: 0/0/0/0] Amethyst - HP: 5/20 - EN: 0/2
[H: 0/0/0/0] Neopolitan - HP: 240/240 - EN: 24/24
Nepent 1 - HP: 7/7 - DMG: 3
Nepent 2 - HP: 7/7 - DMG: 3
Nepent 3 - HP: 7/7 - DMG: 3
Nepent 4 - HP: 7/7 - DMG: 3

Neo saw Amethyst taking more hits and realized that she hadn't done anything to distract the nepents. Not wanting to wait any longer, Neo went in and attacked with all the force she could muster. She let out one strike against a nepent, causing it to turn towards her. She then let out a second strike, quickly chopping off what Neo guessed to be its head. She didn't have long to figure out if it was though, as it quickly shattered into pixels. Neo saw through the pixels that Amethyst was now down on a knee. Neo hoped that she had some potions, as she knew she wouldn't be able to pass any over to her. Trying to peel off the nepents as best as she could, Neo kept trying to get their attention. In her silence, though, there was little she could do besides watch as they kept attacking her new friend.

Spoiler

ID: 102673 - BD: 6 + 1 = 7 - Hit CD: 7 - Recovery

Sword Art Used: Rip Ravine [x2]
[H: 0/0/0/0] Amethyst - HP: 5/20 - EN: 0/2
[H: 0/0/0/0] Neopolitan - HP: 240/240 - EN: 24/24 (-1 sword art; +2 recovery)
Nepent 1 - HP: 0/7 (-8): 4 base * 2 sword art - DMG: 3

Amethyst had looked over to Neopolitan as she had moved forward to strike against one of Nepents and finishing it off, Amethyst had taken the moment to attempt to open her inventory... however... she couldn't. Amethyst had looked for a moment and realized that she couldn't open her inventory in battle, meaning she couldn't gain access to her Potions. Amethyst of all times now had began to worry, a risk of death was seriously evident, however she remained fearless, she had looked back to the Nepents as they had attacked her again, two missed... but the last one had gained a critical hit, bringing Amethyst's HP to zero. Amethyst had falled to the ground, her Assault Spear hitting the ground with a bit of a clang, Amethyst had fallen to her knees and let out a laugh with a bit of tears falling down her face "I never was scared of this until I truly saw how dangerous it was. Please... remain calm Neo... remember to never... lose yourself..." after she had said her last statements she had fallen over and exploded into crystals waiting for the rest of her fate.

@Neopolitan

- Amethyst is Dead

ID: 102658 - MD: 5 Hit
ID: 102659 - MD: 2 Hit
ID: 102659 - MD: 10 Crit

Sword Art Used: Failed Attempt
[H: 0/0/0/0] Amethyst - HP: 0/20 - EN: 1/2
[H: 0/0/0/0] Neopolitan - HP: 240/240 - EN: 24/24
Nepent 1 - HP: 0/7 - DMG: 3

Neo watched with fear in her eyes as Amethyst fell to the ground. She watched as the nepents clawed into her health bar. She couldn't help but look upon her with a frozen glance. As she stood still, Amethyst broke apart into pixels, never to be seen again. It was another life claimed by this death game. Neo felt herself still frozen as the nepents turned towards her. Heat began to flow through her veins, but the ice had not left her eyes. She felt a cold fury come upon her that she was unable to stifle. The nepents tried to attack her, but they were no match for her rage. She quickly tore into one of them without mercy, shattering them into pixels before they could realize what had happened to them. It didn't matter whether or not they were creatures, they were in her way now and nothing would get her to hold back.

Spoiler

ID: #102697 BD: 6 + 1 = 7 - Hit CD: 7 - Recovery

ID: #102699 MD: 7 - Hit killed

ID: #102700 MD: 3 - Miss

ID: #102701 MD: 3 - Miss

Amethyst - HP: 0/20 - EN: 1/2
Neopolitan - HP: 240/240 - EN: 24/24 (-1 sword art; +2 recovery)
Nepent 1 - HP: 0/7 - DMG: 3
Nepent 2 - HP: 0/7 (-8): 4 base * 2 sword art - DMG: 3

The nepents stood there dumbfounded as Neo continued her merciless attack into them. They didn't stand a chance against her fury. Neo quickly took out another one with two swings of her sword, taking out both its legs and head. It fell to the ground and shattered on impact. Neo couldn't feel remorse. Not only had these creatures terrorized a village of people, they had now killed someone who had had nothing but kindness in her heart. Someone the world could've looked up to. And now, she was gone. All in thanks to these damned plant creatures. Neo didn't want to stop the slaughter, but knew that eventually it would come to an end. The ice in her eyes didn't melt, and she stared down the last nepent, daring it to try and kill her like it did her friend. She had saved the one that carried out the death blow for last. It didn't deserve a swift death, but what else would it get to know.

Spoiler

ID: #102705 BD: 10 + 1 = 11 - Major Critical Hit CD: 6 - Recovery

Killed so no roll

ID: #102708 MD: 1 - Critical Miss

Nepent 1 HP0/7 - DMG: 3
Nepent 2 HP0/7 - DMG: 3
Nepent 3 HP0/7 (-12): (4 base + 2 crit) * 2 sword art - DMG: 3
Nepent 4 HP7/7 - DMG: 3

The nepent just stood there, with nothing to do but wait as Neo cleaved into it with two slashes from her rapier. It was a righteous executioner and it was doing its job. There was nothing more righteous in Neo's ice-cold eyes than destroying that which destroyed your peace. As the light drained from the final nepent's eyes, Neo's rage began to calm to a simmer. It didn't last long as a larger creature burst from the brush. Neo read its name card, Nepent Variant, and her eyes lit aflame. She now saw the ringleader of the group that killed her party member. Though she couldn't call them a friend because their time together was so short, Neo would avenge them all the same. She would take this creature down without mercy, and without hesitation. The fire in her eyes melted her soft and kind ice cream exterior, and no one likes melted ice cream.

Spoiler

ID: #102710 BD: 5 + 1 = 6 - Major Critical Hit CD: 9 - Recovery

Killed so no roll

Nepent 1 HP0/7 - DMG: 3
Nepent 2 HP0/7 - DMG: 3
Nepent 3 HP0/7 - DMG: 3
Nepent 4 HP: 0/7 (-8): 4 base * 2 sword art - DMG: 3

Nepent variant spawned

Neo didn't hesitate, she lunged at the creature with everything she got. She was filled with a hatred for these creatures, and rightfully so. Because of them she had to watch someone DIE! She didn't stop, even when the creature attacked her back. She barely felt the attack, and wasn't even phased by it. She didn't care that she was being hurt, all she cared about was her friends and everyone else trapped in this world. She had been cowering in a corner for too long, now was the time to fight. She kept attacking with all the fury and sorrow stored in her heart. She couldn't stop the flow of tears that began to fall out as she struck blow after blow into the nepent. She kept striking, letting it get whatever attacks it wanted. She wouldn't stop until she had killed as many nepents as it took to clear this quest. And then she would go and defeat a boss, and another boss. She would make it to the front lines and keep fighting with everything in her heart. She would make sure that no one else had to die. No one else deserved to be punished for one man's arrogance.

Spoiler

ID: #102710 BD: 6 + 1 = 7 - Hit CD: 5 MD: 7 - hit

Sword Art Used: Quadruple Pain [x4]
Neopolitan - HP: 239/240 (-1) 10 damage - 14 mit:  - EN: 21/24 (-3 sword art)
Nepent Variant HP: 4/15 (-11): (4 base * 4 sword art) - 5 mit - DMG: 10

As Neo continued to sink hits into the nepent, she didn't even hear the pixels shatter over the rush of blood in her ears. The creature fell, and there was no loot to be found. Neo didn't mind though, she would kill as many nepents as she needed to. They all deserved to die for what they did. Neo watched as 2 nepents rounded a bend and saw her. They seemed hungry for her blood, but she stood tall. There was still a fire in her eyes, and nothing was going to stop her from slaughtering them all. She would ensure that everything would be destroyed. This world was too cruel for what it was. It was all the creation of one man's desire to have a world of his own, no one deserved to have that. Neo vowed that she would do everything that she could to rip that power away from him, no matter the cost.

Spoiler

ID: #102714 BD: 8 + 1 = 9 - Hit CD: 7 - recovery

killed

Sword Art Used: Quadruple Pain [x4]
Neopolitan - HP: 239/240 (-1) 10 damage - 14 mit:  - EN: 21/24 (+1 regen; -3 sword art; +2 recovery)
Nepent Variant HP: 0/15 (-11): (4 base * 4 sword art) - 5 mit - DMG: 10

Loot Roll: ID #102715 LD: 4 - no quest item

As the nepents came at Neo, she charged at them in turn. She was mildly calmer now, but still angry about what they had done. The creator was even so rude as to have their body shatter. The only funeral they would get was their name etched on the stone at the fountain of rebirth. There would be no more Amethyst in this world, and it was all because of him. Neo kept repeating to herself words of encouragement, trying to break her furious loop of thoughts but it was to no avail. She was stuck rampaging through these creatures with no end in sight. She would continue to do so until the end of them came. And as far as she knew they wouldn't stop until this quest was done.

That suits me just fine, there's no need for them to stop until I'm done with them anyways. I'll clear them out faster than any player before me.

Spoiler

ID: #102716 BD: 10 + 1 = 11 - major critical Hit CD: 1

ID: #102718 MD: 5 - miss killed

ID: #102719 MD: 4 - miss

Neopolitan - HP: 240/240 (+2 battle healing) - EN: 21/24 (+1 regen; -1 sword art)

Nepent 1: HP: 0/7 (-12): (4 base + 2 crit) * 2 sword art

Nepent 2: HP: 7/7 - DMG: 3

As soon as Neo reached the first nepent, she had cut it down without giving it a second thought. She then turned to the other nepent and took it out without so much as a glance. As nice as it would be to have some AoE, Neo preferred to have this. Taking out these creatures one at time made her feel each and every kill. She could feel as each beast went down. Once the two had gone down, Neo heard another roar behind her. Standing in the place that amethyst had died stood another nepent variant.

You'll go down just like all the others. I'm not going to give you the room you need to breathe. even if you just spawned, your kind is what is guilty. I don't care if someone sees this and thinks that I am a monster, I'll know who the true monster is and they'll be dead.

Spoiler

ID: #102716 BD: 8 + 1 = 9 - Hit CD: 5

killed

Neopolitan - HP: 240/240 - EN: 21/24 (+1 regen; -1 sword art)

Nepent 2: HP: 0/7 (-8): 4 base * 2 sword art - DMG: 3

The fire in Neo's eyes was kindled again at the sight of the variant. These were the creatures that led to the orchestration of Amethyst's death.

No, it was Kayaba. That sick bastard is the reason we're in here. He's the reason that we are all going to be in here for who knows how long. It has already been two years and we aren't even a quarter of the way through. You could've had a praised master piece under your name Kayaba, why'd you have to go and ruin it. There are too many people you've already killed. Too many people that thought you were lying, and with good reason to. No one in their right mind would make such a thing happen to innocent people. What have we done to wrong you, or do you just think that this is all fun and games. What will you do with the blood of many on your hands now Kayaba, what will you do with them?

Spoiler

ID: #102722 BD: 6 + 1 = 7 - Hit CD: 3 MD: 4 - miss

killed

Neopolitan - HP: 240/240 - EN: 19/24 (+1 regen; -3 sword art)

Nepent variant: HP: 4/15 (-11): 4 base * 4 sword art - 5 mitigation - DMG: 10

Neo was blinded by her rage, and hadn't noticed that though her earlier strikes had landed, she was beginning to miss as the nepent stepped around her. It tried to hurt her to, but she felt it as a tap on the shoulder. Neo whipped around and was ready to retaliate.

Now, I know that I will stay silent. Not only will I throw away the gifts you have given to me, I will show you that they aren't even needed for me to conquer this game. I will show you what I am made of. No one will be able to take me down. I will defeat your game Kayaba, and then I will find you and gloat to you. I will show you that I don't need to speak to beat your game. It doesn't matter what obstacles you throw at me, there is nothing that will stop me from progressing. You set this game on an evolutionary chain and it is evolving to help us now. I will be coming for you Kayaba.

Spoiler

ID: #102723 BD: 1 + 1 = 2 - critical miss CD: 6 - recovery MD: 8 - hit

Sword Art Used: missed
Neopolitan - HP: 239/240 (-1): 10 damage - 14 mit - EN: 20/24 (+1 regen; -2 miss; +2 recovery)

Nepent variant: HP: 4/15 - DMG: 10

Neo quickly dispatched the nepent variant once again. And though the anger was simmering down now, it still drove Neo further down the path of murdering these creatures without mercy. She checked the variant to see if it had what she wanted. And when she saw that it didn't, Neo gave a sadistic smirk.

Good, that means that more will be coming. Let's see if they stand any better of a chance. I doubt they can do much to me. You're not so tough when you're done picking on the weak ones are you! I'll show you what the meaning of true power is. I'll show you that I can defeat you without a voice. I may not speak, but I will show you with my actions that it doesn't matter what you do I will come out on top. And now you give me power by fueling my rage. You will sorely regret this day, for this day you have created a monster hungry for vengeance.

Spoiler

ID: #102724 BD: 10 + 1 = 11 - major critical hit CD: 10 - recovery

killed monster

Sword Art Used: quadruple pain [x4]
Neopolitan - HP: 240/240 (+2 battle healing) - EN: 20/24 (+1 regen; -3 sword art; +2 recovery)

Nepent variant: HP: 0/15 - DMG: 10

Loot Roll: #102725 LD: 4 - nope

Two more nepents showed up, and Neo turned to face them. They tried to attack Neo but couldn't even get a lick in before she had already taken one of them out. The other tried to finish its attack but couldn't keep up with Neo. She had finally found her groove, and her training dummies. And dummies they were, the remaining one just stood there as it looked dumbfounded at its companion scatter into pixels. It seemed to have a mind of its own, but Neo didn't care. She just wanted to finish this quest and get to the front lines, there she could stick it to Kayaba as she pushed through this game faster than ever. She would personally make sure that the front lines were able to push without fear of hesitation. They would always be able to push. There may be more deaths, and Neo would add them to the knell of Kayaba's end.

Spoiler

ID: #102726 BD: 5+ 1 = 6 - hit CD: 4 

ID: #102727 MD: 3 - miss

Sword Art Used: rip ravine [x2]
Neopolitan - HP: 240/240 (+2 battle healing) - EN: 20/24 (+1 regen; -1 sword art)

Nepent 1: HP: 0/7 - DMG: 3

Nepent 1: HP: 7/7 - DMG: 3

Neo decided to drop her guard and taunt the creature into attacking. She felt no need to end it so soon. To be honest, she should've toyed with the variant when she had the chance. The creature tried to attack her, and failed horribly. Even though it hit her, she was able to shrug it off without any worry. THe creature did so little damage, Neo was almost certain that she could take off her armor and still be fine.

I would do that just to mess with you if you let us access our inventories during a fight. That's what got Amethyst killed, Kayaba. You won't even let us do some gear changes while we fend creatures off. You could probably paralyze us while we look for our gear. At least give players a chance you sadistic bastard!

Neo was done toying with the creature. She took up a fighting stance and stared the creature down, ready to strike as it realized what would be coming its way.

Spoiler

ID: #102728 BD: 1 + 1 = 1 - critical miss CD: 9 - recover

ID: #102729 MD: 7 - hit

Sword Art Used: missed
Neopolitan - HP: 239/240 (-1 hit [3 base - 14 mit]) - EN: 21/24 (+1 regen; -2 miss; +2 recovery)

Nepent 1: HP: 7/7 - DMG: 3

Neo watched as the nepent tried to run away. She let it go a little ways before charging behind it and taking it out from behind.

You're even more cowardly than Kayaba, and that's saying something.

Neo watched as the creature shattered into pixels, waiting for the variant to spawn. It seemed to alternate between the two encounters. And though Neo was sad she couldn't kill more nepents, it was the variant's she was after. They were the ones that had what she sought. The next stepping stone in her path towards finishing this game. There would be nothing that would stop her. She would fight until her end or the game's, whichever came first. She refused to stop now. She could've been more powerful at this moment if she hadn't been moping around for two years. She could've tried harder, she could've found some way to save her. She could've saved her...

Spoiler

ID: #102728 BD: 8 + 1 = 9 - hit CD: 10 - recover

killed monster

Sword Art Used: rip ravine [x2]
Neopolitan - HP: 240/240 (+2 battle healing) - EN: 23/24 (+1 regen; -1 sword art; +2 recovery)

Nepent 2: HP: 0/7 (-8): 4 base * 2 sword art - DMG: 3

Neo saw the nepent variant before she heard it this time. As it was letting out its roar, Neo was already stabbing at it. It had no right to be considered alive, it was only a block of code. And these blocks of code are what led to someone's death. A program killed people because it was told to, and Neo wanted the man behind the program to pay for his actions. Sure she would grieve, but that would be when all was said and done. There was no time for her to stop. She had to keep fighting. Neo didn't even blame the programmers themselves, she was almost certain Kayaba did this on his own. He was the one to blame, not the game's creators. The programmers made a master piece, and they had it ruined just the same by Kayaba's arrogance. For all she knew, the programmers had been trapped in the game themselves, betrayed by their boss the same as all the other players.

Spoiler

ID: #102731 BD: 8 + 1 = 9 - hit CD: 11 - recover MD: 5 - miss

Sword Art Used: quadruple strike [x2]
Neopolitan - HP: 240/240 - EN: 23/24 (+1 regen; -3 sword art; +2 recovery)

Nepent Variant: HP: 4/15 (-8): 4 base * 4 sword art - 5 mit - DMG: 10

Neo gave a few more thrusts at the nepent variant and watched it shatter into pixels. It's death meant that Neo was done with yet another wave. Neo checked the area for loot and found her quest item, bringing the waves of nepents to a close. The moment that that relief came to her, she collapsed to the ground. She was done, her adrenaline spent. She tried to look towards the sky, but only saw a new floor above her. There was little she could do about it now, but she wanted Amethyst back. It was already too soon for things to be over. Neo wanted to keep punishing these creatures for what they did. But Neo knew that it was Kayaba that brought about their deaths. She vowed then and there that she would  bring down this game. she would make it to the top and defeat the final boss. She would be free of this game.

Spoiler

ID: #102731 BD: 7 + 1 = 8 - hit CD: 2

monster killed

Sword Art Used: quadruple strike [x2]
Neopolitan - HP: 240/240 - EN: 21/24 (+1 regen; -3 sword art)

Nepent Variant: HP: 0/15 (-8): 4 base * 4 sword art - 5 mit - DMG: 10

Loot Roll: ID: #102733 LD: 19 - Success

Neo got up and went over towards where Amethyst had died. The game wasn't even kind enough to leave a body. Neo knew so little about her and was already forgetting her face.

So few players appreciated the calm like you did. I'll honor your memory, making sure that there are those that remember you long after your gone. I won't be able to find your family, but I will work towards making sure that all the people who died are honored. Even if they died to the smallest of things, I will make sure that their names are known.

Neo sat with her legs crossed in front of the depressed patch of grass, now trampled by one of the nepent variants she had fought. She sat there and meditated, letting the breeze calm her rage. She knew that Amethyst was no more, but her ideas would continue to be passed down by a silent missionary.

Neo meditated there for a while, not fearing anything coming to harm her. Even though there were some creatures that would attack her on sight, she could defeat them all quickly. After letting herself become completely calm, she got up once again. She walked slowly back towards the Town of Beginnings, where it all began. This hell started there, this quest started there, everything started in the Town of Beginnings. That was the root of the creator of evil, that was where it lay. Though Neo didn't want to be there any longer, she knew she would return. All people must go by the root of evil before they can truly go to the light of good. Neo embraced that as she walked into the town. She went to the NPC and turned in her quest, not even bothering to look at the rewards screen. She just bitterly accepted and went back to the fountain. She would continue to push herself more than ever before, and find the end of these problems.

Spoiler

Thread Summary:

2 pages of completed RP: 2 SP and 800 Col

Completed <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>>: 2 SP

Total SP: 4