[PP-F5] The king of the ring <<Butcher of the Sands>>

Mars looks forward as he appears on the fifth floor as he glances about wondering which quest he should be taking first upon this floor knowing the reputation of the sand storms being strong enough to harm anyone foolish enough to enter the desert. Though that is rather the least of his worries from what he could take a guess since the beasts that are for the quests could be another matter entirely to make it vastly more interesting. With that thought in mind he heads towards the job bulletin board with some annoyance at having to post a help wanted ad for a quest knowing that he doesn't need it in the end since he can handle himself in all of the quests upon these lower floors except the frost king one most likely. He makes his way through the town with a aloof amber gaze drifting from one building to the next keeping in mind places that look like player shops so he can head to them in the future if he needs some sort of gear. His familiar walking by his side as the liger has its paws covered in intense flames as it turns every bit of sand it walks upon into glass. After a rather short walk he finds himself in front of the job bulletin board just staring at it with his hands firmly at his sides as he is glaring at the board in just anger. 'Why do i have to do this for a quest. I could simply fight the beast win quickly and then get out faster then lightning. Hmph at the very least i can only hope i meet someone that can serve as a questing partner possibly. Seemed to work rather well when i did that with Pinball.' He thinks to himself not wishing to seek aid, but in the end seeing the value of another partner he could rely on for quests. That there will be quests in the future he couldn't do solo and thus having a partner that is near his strength would be a great use. He starts to raise his hand to put up a notice on the bulletin board beginning to type out the first bits of the message he is going to leave upon it.

@Spencer

After getting done helping Neo with the quest the two of them were doing, Spencer was wondering what he should do next. It seemed as though he was in a social frenzy, doing quests and adventures with other people, and just getting out there a bit more. It was nice knowing that he was able to make some more friends, like Neo, Faye, and get closer to Calypso. However, he was still trying to think about whether or not he should be on the look out for anyone else he could potentially travel and adventure with. Hmm, I've heard there is one more quest on this floor that I could do, but I know that it is a bit more difficult, maybe I can find a good damage dealer to help even the playing field and push the tides. I wonder where I could find someone like that. His thoughts were cut off when he looked around to spot another player, who seemed closer to his level that others. He got a tad bit excited and started to walk forward, hoping that he could get in a good word and maybe make another friend/ questing partner. He stopped short  because he didn't know exactly what to say, so he hoped the super friendly approach would work a bit. "Hey, I'm Spencer. I was wondering if you might want to go questing? I know this is random, you just seem like someone around my level that could be a good ally to have."

He hears a voice start talking to him as he turns his head to look at the player noticing the accent, but not being able to place it towards the origin for what it could be. He glances around the man not finding any familiar initially as his eyes travel to general appearances. He lowers the hood of his outfit showing his black colored hair as he gazes towards the player across from him with a amber colored gaze that looks rather friendly. It is nice to meet you Spencer. Though i do have to ask though out of curiosity. Did you use your actual name for your account? Or just a design choice to have a normal sounding name unlike some others? He asks curiously as he shifts his weight towards his left foot as his familiar remains by his side strictly the creature letting small bits of fire come off of it. While looking apathetically towards Spencer. He turns his head ever so slightly catching the look as he glances back towards the player in front of him. Don't mind my familiar he is a bit of a prideful one, and for the matter of questing. I was in the market for doing one that is required of having a partner. Does the name Butcher of the Sands for a quest title ring any bells for you? Oh by the way Martial Arts DPS. He says adding the end bit rather quickly to see just how well this could work out for himself to see what he duo could possibly do while teamed up together. The maximum extent of what would be capable especially if he could convince Pinball  to join in since he will make sure to catch up to him to make sure he can remain a worthy rival.

Stats:

Spoiler

HP: 540/540     ENG: 54/54    DMG: 14 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds

Skills:

Rank 2 Charge

Extra skills:

MA rank 5: +7 DMG

Fighter Familia rank 3 T2r: +6 DMG

Equipment:

War God's Instrument: 3 slots ACC

War God's Grace: 3 slots EVA

War God's Protection: 1 slot Savvy 2 slot Regen  T1

Edited by Mars

Spencer regarded the familiar with a soft smile, it seemed a bit prideful and full of itself, but it still seemed a bit cute. Noot came around from behind the player and looked up at the man, giving him a slow look. Noot waddled up to Spencer and sat on his foot. Spencer looked at the player for a moment, he never got a name from him. It seemed as though Noot didn't particularly like the man with the fire breathing familiar, which made Spencer a tad bit on edge. "Y-yeah I did, I didn't see much of a point of not using my real name, seemed a bit weird to go by a different name than the one I was born with." He shrugged and smiled a little bit at the man. "And my build is just a tank, well I beginning to start that build, I'm still a low level." He replied and looked at the quest the man was offering for him to look at. It was indeed the quest he was going to be taking with hopefully someone, he was just worried to be taking it with him is all. I wonder why he didn't give me his name, seems a bit weird to not reply with a name when you are also given a name.... Hmm maybe I can drag it out of him. Spencer thought of how bringing it up to him, but just decided to right out and ask him. "By the way I don't think I caught your name. My familiar's name is also Noot, my penguin." He smiled at the man, trying to show him that he is a good person and wont do any harm to him.

He nods his head rather happy with sating his curiosity of just that matter for the moment as he puts back up his hood not wishing to deal with the beating sun hitting his skin and hair directly. His outfit not helping that much since it is still in the darker variety of colors of rustic red, and black as he nods his head. Well a tank and a DPS always do make for a good duo. He says towards the man known as Spencer as he watches a penguin step in front of the man and recognizes it as a familiar since no other mob would be able to get in town, and it is also a penguin in the middle of the desert. When hearing him be asked for his name he chuckles softly realizing he had failed something as simple as manners in his want of trying to understand the person in front of him, and his use for the things ahead. My name is Mars as in the Roman God of War type of Mars. He says with a tone of confidence and pride as he says this as he then looks towards the direction of the exit for the town. he then pauses and glances towards his familiar. Oh right this is Vereox my familiar. A liger that controls fire. I had gotten him on floor nine. A prideful beast, but he knows the pack's hierarchy with myself at the top. He says in a calm tone of voice as he gazes towards his familiar that glances towards Mars for a moment before letting out a puff of flames from its nostrils. Well then want to be on our way then? There is some ground to cover, and we can talk while we walk. It helps pass the time in the desert. he says with a nod as he then starts walking towards the town's exit after getting a sign of approval from the tank.

"Nice to meet you Mars, and you too Vereox." He smiled and bent down a bit to wave at the familiar before getting back up and walking towards the direction of where they need to go, towards the butcher of the sands. He seems a bit prideful. Which I mean isn't that bad, just hoping that it doesn't get too bad where it pisses me off. I don't think it will get to that point though, which is nice to know. He thought to himself for a moment before continuing his walk with a more absent minded mind set. Spencer sighed and used his umbrella to block the light and felt Noot get on to his shoulder and snuggle into the fabric, being protected from the sun's harmful rays. "So Mars, how has your time on this game went? It took me a while to really start working on myself and leveling myself up. However, I did join a guild and even got a shop going, which is really nice. But I wish I was a lot higher leveled than I am now, little annoying that almost everyone I know is so much higher leveled than I am." He grumbled a bit in annoyance and walked towards the destination. "Also, how did you come upon your familiar? I haven't seen many like him and it is very interesting."

Mars just nods his head at the nice to meet you too part since he had already said such words himself. His familiar on the other hand just looks apathetic just letting out a small puff of flame from its mouth at hearing the words. He then makes his way through the main settlement heading towards the singular exit that the town has which is thankfully close to the bulletin board for convenience use of placement as the exit of the town rapidly comes close. He turns his head when hearing his name. My time spent in this game? hmm well for myself i didn't wait around and instead used my time just learning as much as i can in a safe manner of everything i could about this game. From mechanics, quests, and meeting people who could do that for myself when i'm doing as i am now. Questing and such to reach the frontlines as fast as i am able to do so. As for how i got my familiar i saw him by a lava like river on floor nine and tamed him there after making sure he followed commands. He has been a rather good companion ever since i have gotten him. He says with a nod of his head as he steps foot into the open vast deserts of floor five leaving the safety of the main settlement. Well i guess it is my turn to ask something. Besides joining a guild and such. Any interesting stories to tell about your time within this game? Be it weird monsters, interesting/dangerous places, etc. you know what i am saying? He asks the man known as Spencer.

"Hmm, I could tell the story about the haunted mansion." He muttered after Mars was done talking. He gave Mars a look and nodded. "I know, haunted things in this game? It wasn't as much haunted as it was just really really creepy and dangerous. It started with me being trapped inside of a mansion, with traps scattered everywhere. I had no idea where I was or why I was trapped, but for a while I could not get out at all. Then came along three players Jomei, Ruby, and Telrenya. Jomei won the mansion from an NPC, so when he accepted it, it locked it, with me inside. When they showed up, I had already messed with a lot of the traps in the house. I was locked away from them, and they started to get split up. I found Telrenya upstairs, almost drowning to death locked in the room, then I met Jomei and Ruby soon after. There apparently was an immortal object living in the basement that could only be killed by the traps (well we found that out later) and it started to attack us. We were able to save ourselves by tricking it into the traps and escaping out of the window, before we jumped out the window we set the mansion on fire. So that was pretty intense.... Hmm there's also how I got attacked by a mimic in an underground section of Floor 4... Got lost in caves on Floor 21... Ran from Zombies in a Pryamid.... Almost froze to death in an ice cave...... Wow my life is a lot more intense than I realized."

He just looks towards this man with a look of surprise at hearing of the various adventures he has been on during his time.he can only just stare at this player. Trying to process everything he had just heard while looking at him. You must have the worst luck in this entire game. That sounds like a statistical impossibility to have gotten stuck in that many bad situations. Well at least i know now to be on the lookout for something like a pitfall since you are around. he says in a joking sort of manner with a small chuckle as he turns his attention back on the path ahead of him now at least knowing a bit more about this game. That traps can be in absolute abundance in every corner of the map that is just waiting for a unlucky player to be killed by them. Which means that it isn't just a death game with mobs and such that the traps that can be littered anywhere is also meant to keep players on there toes. He continues making his way through the desert and shrug his shoulders ever so slightly. I haven't been in anything crazy like that, but the mobs i have faced are rather strange. A bear that knew kung-fo being one of the mobs. I still blame Pinball for cursing me with his curse of having ridiculous mobs.

"Hey, I don't try to get myself stuck in these situations, it kind of just happens. But look at it like this, all these things that I have been through prove to be some great stories and memories that I have made with people." He smiled and shrugged. He knew that he was pretty rare in terms of getting caught in so many trapped dungeons and things like that, so it was pretty weird to go through everything that he had, but he almost enjoyed it all, he got closer to some people during it which was very nice. When Mars talked about a bear who knew kung fo, Spencer laughed a bit until he saw Mars's serious face. "How in the hell.." He breathed, then heard the name that Mars said. " Wait Pinball? I recognize that name for some reason... I don't know why but I think I met him before." He muttered and looked around, trying to grasp at the memories of this man. Nothing was coming up, but he kept thinking fo the name Silver instead. He shrugged to himself and pushed the thoughts away, the journey of the two of them still continuing. Spencer looked around for a moment and then his eyes went back to his traveling companion. "So Mars, what are you plans for the next few days? Also what is your goal in SAO?"

He chuckles softly at the tanks words and just shrugs his shoulders ever so slightly at hearing what had been said as he makes his way towards there questing destination. It isn't a matter of you wanting or not wanting to be in those traps. it is the fact you get in them, and the higher likelyhood you'll somehow manage to pull me into one of these places also when i am with you. He says in a joking tone towards his fellow player with a kind smile as he shifts his eyes along the desert not spotting anything out of the ordinary just yet from what he can tell though the sand does seem to pick up ever so slightly the deeper they go into this part of the floor. Which lines up with the boss' information of trapping players with a barrier of a whirlwind of sand. When asked of his plans he pauses to think on how to answer this since it is a rather important one. For the next few days it is to catch up to the player i mentioned, Pinball. he is my rival of sorts and i plan to make sure to close the gap that had formed between me and him and surpass him once more. For my goal in SAO in general that is more complicated in all honesty. I just wish to prove myself the best really. To make my username of Mars a reality per say. To become a true God of War a titan of strength in this game if it is in my power. He says honestly towards the player beside him as he continues making his way towards the quest location as the sand whips violently as he just grins to himself and gets into a battle ready stance having his guard up for whenever the monster will reveal itself.

"Hey I might get in them more than I really should, but I can definitely get out of them. I've been trapped in enough to know what I'm doing, I was even able to escape a sand pit, I think I will be okay." He smiled and shrugged. He got the slight aversion for being around him, it seemed like traps and other things really do flock to him. If only they were good traps. If they were good I would have no problem with them at all, but most of the traps I've dealt with are not the best and really poorly made, maybe I will face some good ones, like the Haunted Mansion..... I miss that place, that is where I met everyone. Spencer smiled a bit in memories before Mars's conversation dragged him back to reality. Spencer nodded when Mars brought up his rival, the name still rang in his head. Spencer smiled a bit when he mentioned becoming the god of war. a hard idea to get to, but still it was a possibility if he really tried. "Well with what I have seen, I think you can make it. My plans are just get to know some of the people I've met recently, and hoping to hang out with my guild again, it has been a while since we all saw each other, but I'm not sure when to see them. Also, I'm planning on hopefully getting some more skills and becoming a decent paladin build, my friend Hestia is helping me a bit with that, she's a tank for the frontlines now." He bit his lip, the boss battle coming close was always giving him anxiety. Spencer noticed Mars went into a stance and Spencer got ready to attack anything that needed to come their way. "Quest Boss?" He asked Mars, getting his Shield out.

He chuckles a bit at the player next to him mentions how easy it is to escape from traps as he just shrugs his shoulder having never been trapped as of yet and thus not knowing how easy it would be to escape or not. He continues glancing around the area as he watches the sand shift and break as the form of a creature slowly starts breaking from it as he nods his head and gets ready powering up his strongest attack to attempt to knock this boss out in a singular strike. He then glances towards his ally and gives a small nod of his head. Getting to know others is rather well. it allows you to know who you can trust and who you can't. Also a paladin like build is rather nice you should follow that if you wish to support your allies as much as you can. Though i have heard of hestia. Don't know much about her though you only get so much from hearing rumors and news that spread from the frontlines towards us players who don't participate. He says towards Spencer as he sees the monster spawn and ready to attack the duo as he wastes no time in rushing forward towards the beast as a giant swirling storm of sand surrounds the two players within a arena like area with no escape. he quickly rushes over towards the boss utilizing his charge ability as he sprint forward with increased speed as his fist slams into the stomach of the boss knocking it away from him and across the field. he then pulls back his fist and shakes it slightly because of the impact while smiling to himself at the success seeing the boss drop drastically in its health. May not be a one shot kill, but man did i get close. He says out loud with a grin. Maybe i should go back and do Return of the Queen after i finish up the quests on this floor. He says to himself in a rather confident borderline arrogant tone of voice.

#103377 BD:9=14+1(crit)+2(charge)=17x15=255-20=235

Mars: HP: 540/540     ENG: 37/54    DMG: 14 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds

@Spencer:

Sando Satsu: 115/350  30 MIT  150 DMG

Ability:

- Ignore block, evasion, mit no bonus damage on MD:9/10

- Cull of the meek: MD:10 AOE everyone with a 10 HP regen per target hit

- Dominus: when at 175 HP attack to 150, and MIT 30

Edited by Mars
  • 4 months later...

Spencer listened to what Mars said, smiling a bit when he mentioned Hestia. "Yeah, Hestia is in my guild, she is a great woman, glad to know her, and she is really strong." He thought about her and smiled, his 'sister' was an amazing woman and he hoped to hang out with her again soon. As they kept going, he started to look around and think about when the battle was going to start, the scenery started to shift, and Spencer knew that they were on. "Listen I have better armor stay behind me-" He frowned and realized that Mars was already running forward, charging the creature. Well that plan is out the window, hope things still work well- He stood there, a little slack jawed, as Mars cut through the creature's health, over half way through it being dead. "Welp, he doesn't need me." He laughed a bit to himself and got his mace ready. As soon as Mars said his confident and prideful remark, he ran forward to strike it. It seemed to be caught off guard by Mars already, so it was rather easy to go into and strike the creature. Unfortunately, Spencer's damage is lacking in all departments, so he barely even saw the health drop, but the creature sure did. Stunned, the creature could barely move, trying to sluggishly crawl towards the players, before falling to the ground for a moment, stopping it from attacking its target, Mars.

ID: 109346 BD: 7 (1 Damage, Stunned 

ID:  MD: 

Mars: HP: 540/540     ENG: 37/54    DMG: 14 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds H: 2

Spencer: | HP: 500 | EN: 45 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 74 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | Thorns: 14 DMG | REC: 1 | REG: 1 | H:1 |

Sando Satsu: 114/350  30 MIT  150 DMG

Ability:

Seeing the stun go into place from the tank player he just smirks with a nod of his head at the rather well thought out attack to do in this situation as he quickly reacts by rushing forward his left fist glowing with the similar red energy that had knocked the sando satus's health into below half health. The martial artist rushing forward at while not at the same speeds as he was earlier through the use of charge still moving as swiftly as the game and his body would let him to reach the sword swinging gator in front of him. Mars quickly thinking on his feet as he would watch a swing of a rather large sword come baring down on him side steps the attack as it kicks up some sand into the air as the creature's stun would wear off as he would finish it off with a quick punch into its gut causing it to burst into red pixels. As it bursts into pixels a quest completion sign would appear for the duo along with  a reward as he would click the weapon option since it seems for the most part the tank has the equipment he needs for survival. Taking the hands wraps of damage and bleed he would nod his head at them before stashing them into his inventory as his EXP bar to the next level would shoot up by an amount getting him towards the next and than a bit into the next bar even from the experience the quest had given. Well than quest complete i would say. He says rather calmly.

#109348 BD:6+3=9 15x14= 210-30=170

Mars: HP: 540/540     ENG: 21/54    DMG: 14 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds H: 2

Spencer: | HP: 500 | EN: 45 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 74 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | Thorns: 14 DMG | REC: 1 | REG: 1 | H:1 |

Sando Satsu: 0/350  30 MIT  150 DMG

Ability:

Edited by Mars

Spencer stood there a bit slack jawed at the sight of Mars absolutely killing the creature with no remorse. "O-Oh, Wow, Umm okay that was quick. And I guess that is the end of the quest... What now? Just head back?" He asked the man, putting his shield and mace away and walking towards Mars. He is a bit off putting, but he would be a great, as long as he doesn't kill me or piss me off too much. He thought to himself with a very soft laugh as he got next to Mars. "I'm assuming you know the way back? If not I can help lead, but I'm not positive in the exact direction that we need to go in order to get back to town, kind of a toss up at this point." It seemed that Spencer got a bit lost during the battle, and couldn't figure out exactly what way he needed to go. Okay, but after we are done with this quest, what do I want to do? I have no the slightest idea, maybe do something with the guild? But what.... Lord I have no idea what to exactly do after this, I don't think Mars is going to want to just 'hang', and I don't know if we would get along to just hang.

Checking the time of day he looks up towards the sky and ways his options of going back already instead of sticking around for some grinding of some mobs to make a nice profit off of them. After a bit of thinking he looks back towards Spencer and just nods his head towards the player. yeah lets head back already i think we've spent enough time in the burning heat of the desert. He says in a joking tone of voice towards the man before starting to make his way back towards the settlement remembering the direction rather well having made sure to kepe in mind at least a general direction of where the town would be  not the exact steps or distance just a general direction he could use. So than what is your plan after we get back towards the settlement Spencer? he asks out of simple curiosity and to pass some time if anything with idle chatter to get through the mind numbing walking of trudging back.

• 3 months later...

Arriving back into the town he quickly enters in the teleport pad with a single thought in mind and that is to get this small day over with due to the rather quiet and awkward walk back with the other player that he had done this quest with. Tightening the bandages around his hands he teleports himself up towards the seventh floor to get some basic grinding of quest monsters done to spend some amount of the day getting some more materials for himself to get this all over with. His familiar letting out a puff of flame in annoyance at he situation as he just casts down towards the liger a quick glare to silence the beast about having to do more work today after the rather simple quest.  With a short and quick command phrase the blue light encompasses both player and familiar as they arrive onto the seventh floor as a small sigh of contentment escapes the lips of teh black haired fighter.

Making his way forward he would quickly make his way through the main settlement that finds its home within the cave as his familiar walks alongside him as the duo make their way towards the surrounding exterior the wilderness of the floor as the man only has one good way to spend his time here in this game. When he enters out into the surrounding wilderness that is the vast open rocky terrain of the plains he looks around and than nods his head at the sight of it all. Remembering rather vaguely about some girl that needed help killing some dragon thing on this floor for her familiar she wanted to get to aid her in her fights. A rather good deed but a rather easy fight for at least himself in the end compared to the rest of those players that were present during that. His eyes slowly move over towards the direction of a few mobs that have spawned as a smirk crosses his face as he slowly makes his way towards the group of wyvern like enemies that are rather short in stature.

Getting close towards the ground he would rest his bandaged hand against one of the many rocks in the terrain while gazing towards the group of mobs that are clumped up together the creatures from the sounds of it tearing into whatever meal that they had caught just moments prior to him showing up. Which means they would make for some easy targets to take down without much resistance being met by him. He tenses his legs up and tightens his grip upon the rock ready to rocket himself towards the enemies as swiftly as he can as he gaze shifts back towards the creature with his eyes slightly squinted as a small bit of dust blows along the low ground from the wind in the open plains. His familiar lets out a low growl before charging forward with a challenging roar towards the group of wyvern like creatures, and the martial artist doesn't waste  a second beyond that type of engagement as his familiar shoots out a torrent of flames towards the unprepared draconic beings.