SP | F02 - Earning A Living

Pulling her head back, she gave an agonizing groan. Sooo bored. She sighed, running a hand through her hair, "stupid floor, there's nothing on here, and I'm too lazy to go anywhere.." she mumbled, turning her head to her familiar, who was staring at her, or at least she thought he was staring at her. "What are you looking at..?" she muttered, making her familiar's head turn the other way. Whatever.. "We need something for that school of yours, no way in hell am I carrying that for the rest of your life," she gave him a cold glare, tapping her chin. "Why don't I become an artisan.. I can make something for it.. Plus I could use the cash." She turned to him and look expectedly, "look, you can be in whatever shadow if we do this okay? I don't have to your stupid skull anymore." Hearing that, her familiar jumped up and looked up at her, I hate you too buddy, she stuck out her tongue at him and started walking away, "keep your skull on, I'm not carrying it for the remainder of the day," she smirked as she heard a growl of protest but waved it off. I hope I don't regret this.

Entering a small artisan shop, she looked around skeptically. "Ugh, this place feels like some pawn shop," she muttered, looking around for anyone. Finally finding the owner of the shop, she strode up to him, "hello, I'm her-" she wasn't far into her sentence before she got cut off.

"Finally, got that done- Oh hello, what do you want? Oh! You want to learn how to be an Artisan? I'm on a very tight schedule, but I suppose I can take time out of it to help you, but you must be a quick learner." Malachi walks off without another word, disappearing into the back. Following the Artisan, the player sees lots of gems twinkling in the light, spinning from a small breeze coming from the entrance of the store. He catches your eye looking at them, and decides that maybe you actually want to be one. "Listen, I can spare sometime to help you out, watch me very carefully, I will only do this once." With that, he goes to his work station and reaches for a gem in a box, but the box is empty. "What! I'm about to be behind schedule! What am I going to d- You! If you want to learn about being an Artisan, go out and get me five materials for my crafts. And Hurry!"

And it wasn't long before she was pushed hurriedly out of the shop with a confused and shocked expression on her face. "What the fu-?!"

She looked at her familiar who was staring up at her blankly, "do you know what just happened?! I didn't!" she grumbled, walking off into who knows where. "I guess I need to find some stupid gems." She shook her head angrily, pushing her way through the town. The idiot didn't even let me catch a breath before he was already pushing me out the stupid door. Whatever.. she brushed off the thought, blinking furiously. Whatever, after today I don't have to carry that blasted skull around anymore. "Hurry up Orias!" she looked behind her to see her familiar weaving through the crowds of people. So slow.. she rolled her eyes, making her way out of town. Being an artisan better be flippin' worth it if I have to go through this load of crap to be it. I better be making some good money out of this too.. what am I even going to call my shop?

• 3 weeks later...

She shook her head, no time to worry about that now, she gave herself a mental slap. I have to finish this quest so I can finally get this over with! No more carrying around a stupid skull, yes! She clapped her hands together and ventured out of town and into the plains. "Five materials right? This can't be too hard." 

A few minutes later..

This can't be too hard my butt. She huffed, crossing her arms with an annoyed expression. Where did that drat familiar run off too again?! Ugh, whatever. He'll come back anyways. She blew on a strand of hair in her face with a ticked off sigh. Wrapping her fingers in her scarf, she gave a low growl. This quest is already getting to me, ugh! She shook her head roughly. "Don't feel, don't see, don't hear," she breathed, letting the air fill her lungs. I'm fine.

ID : 103746

LD : 9 + 3 = 12, Fail

Edited by Asakku

Taking notice of a bright object fused together on a rock, she inspected it with narrowed eyes. Oh, this is what I need! She clapped her hands together , tugging on the crystal with ease. Placing it in her inventory, she gave a light sigh. One down, four to go. Can't be that hard. She nodded her head at the statement, setting off to find more. Don't worry, I probably won't even make a shop.. it's just for something Orias needs, and then I can always find another profession if I need it. She 'tsked'  herself, shaking her head in agitation. I just want this to be over with now.. She sighed, groaning as she walked into the forest. This sucks.. but I guess this quest can give me good EXP, as well as that crafted item.. Since I already gathered one item, it can't be that hard to gather four more right?

ID : 103750

LD : 20 + 3 = 23, Success

+1 Material

Edited by Asakku

"Aha!" she held up a crystal with triumph, "found another one!" She clapped her hands together once she put the material away. Thats three more to go, right? This isn't so hard, she declared with a small grin. Strolling through the leaf covered floors, she searched around aimlessly, blinking away the light in her eyes. It's bright.. almost too bright. She huffed, giving a slight yelp when she nearly tripped over a root of a nearby tree. Stupid tree, she glared at it for two straight seconds before walking away. Even nature is out to get me, huh? Well just thank you God. You send idiots and trees after me. I'm tougher than that you know! She felt her cheeks get red with irritation. Ugh, I can't get angry. I can't.. I can't be like him. I don't want to be like him. Do I? Do I act like him?

ID : 103751

LD :13 + 3 = 16, Success

+1 Material

Edited by Asakku

The player shook their head. No, I’m not him. She hissed in her head. I can't be like him.. she gave a small gulp, putting her hands together. "I can't.. I can't be like him.. I don't want to be like him."  Never, not ever. Never. She gulped more this time. Why am I like this? Am I acting like him? She sighed, leaning back on to a tree, do I really.. really act like him? I can't ask anyone. Know ones knows who my father is, she felt her eyes moisten. I don't want to be like him.. God forbid if I did, I would kill myself on the spot. I can't, I can't suffer knowing the thought that I might someday become like him.. she looked down, spotting a random crystal on the ground. You sow up at the best time.. She chuckled bitterly, picking up the gem and placing it in her inventory. One step closer out of this hell.

ID : 103758

LD : 19 + 3 = 22, Success

+1 Material

Edited by Asakku

Sitting down for a good moment, she gave a small sigh. It’s been pretty good living here. It’s so much more carefree.. but I guess there’s always bad people everywhere. Am I one of those bad people? She chuckled, maybe. So what if I am? I’m happy the way I am. Maybe I’m not as bad as my father. But I guess I am a bad person. I think I can accept that. She grinned, hoisting herself up from where she was sitting.

”Now..” she clapped her hands together, it’s time to start getting those darn materials. Maybe I’ll try to find a few tricks up my sleeve as well.. I need something to deal with those pesky idiots who try to hang around me. She shuddered at the thought. So frekin’ clingy, it’s annoying as hell. She thought for a moment. Should I start killing those idiots who annoy me? Possibly.

ID : 103858

LD : 2, Fail

Edited by Asakku

Rubbing her elbows, Asakku let out a groan. I can’t find anything! I literally only need two more and hen this could be over with! She fumed, her face getting slightly red. Patience.. she sighed, counting in her head. One.. two.. three.. four... she inhaled, letting it out slowly. “Yes.. yup, I’m fine. Absolutely, fine.” Murmuring a few more numbers, she set off again. Only two more. My luck can’t be that bad right? Hmph.. that was an understatement. My luck is the worse. She sighed in defeat, dropping her shoulders. 

Whatever, I have to try hard so Orias doesn’t keep bugging me with his stupid skull! She put on a determined face and balled her fists together. “Yes, I am definitely going to finish this today!” She clapped her hands together and created friction between them. This quest makes me one step closer to becoming stronger. I have to complete it. Whether I like it or not!

ID : 104030

LD : 6 + 3 = 9, Fail

Edited by Asakku
  • 2 weeks later...