[F05- PP] Blood and Sand «Blood in the Sand» w/ Mars & Pinball

Log Entry Nine

I make some new high leveled acquaintances on a trip up stairs, which is one massive desert. Not my favorite place. And then we go shark fishing... yes in a desert

---------------------

Cosi did not know what had possessed him to come to Aincrad's fifth floor. Yes he had not known it was just one blistering hot desert when he had first come up but then why was he still here! Especially after that one NPC guide had said there were sharks to look out for. Yes! Sharks! In a landlocked desert while hardly any bodies of water! Were they sand sharks or something? Cosi kept trudging along through the hot sand, muttering darkly to himself. In his armor and with his shield's weight he sunk up to mid calf every time he took a step. Cosi loved the snow and loathed the desert. Literally there was nothing here. It was a wasteland, so why had Aincrad made a desert the next floor after the snowy biome. Cosi kept wading through the sand, wondering who would want to be here...

Stats, Skills, & Gear

Spoiler

Hp: 200

Energy: 20

Mitigation: 30

Thorns:  18

Damage: 4

--------------

One-handed Straight Sword: Novice

Heavy Armor: Rank 2

Concentration

---------------

Rose Gold (Perfect)(Shield)(Regen 1, Mitigation 1, Thorns 1)

Raiserkinlger (perfect)(1H Straight Sword)(Damage 2, Accuracy 1)

Richter (perfect)(Heavy Armor)(Mitigation 2, Thorns 1)

(3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

5,905 Col and (9) Tier 1 materials

(4) Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
(1) Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
(1) Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)

@Pinball @Mars

Edited by Cosi
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He exits the town and makes his way into the desert wearing his combat gear as his black hair gets blown by the wind and he can feel himself get annoyed by the fact that the sun is beating down upon him as he enters the desert making the already hot temperatures of the floor even higher. He enters the desert and glances around the area alongside his familiar that burns the sand into small bits of glass that disappears into pixels to be replaced with sand once more to replace it  as the duo of player and familiar enter the desert for only one reason only. Once they are about a good mile within the desert he watched as a giant worm bursts from the ground as it opens its mouth to roar at the black haired player as he just smirks to himself and settles into a stance to fight against the creature. Let's fight shall we beast? He says towards the giant sand worm monster as he starts his purpose for entering this desert. He looks towards the creature and rushes forward as his fists glow with energy as he then jumps towards the beast and slams his fist against its head knocking it towards the ground. Only to then be knocked by its body slamming him into the sandy ground as he sees his health bar drop ever so slightly.

#105308   BD:7+3=10  MD:10     16x15= 210 DMG   Sand worm: 123

Action: All Might+Rank 2 Charge  16 DMG

Sand worm: 210/420   DMG: 123 DMG

Mars: HP: 407/540     ENG: 37/54    DMG: 14 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds

@Cosi(first post stats.)

@Pinball

Mars Stats:

Spoiler

Mars: HP: 540/540     ENG: 54/54    DMG: 14 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds

Skills:

MA rank 5: +7 DMG

Fighter Familia rank 3 T2r: +6 DMG

Equipment:

War God's Instrument: 3 slots ACC

War God's Grace: 3 slots EVA

War God's Protection: 1 slot Savvy 2 slot Regen  T1

Edited by Mars

Pinball lie flat across the sands, grinning. He was not going to expect this. With a maniacal cackle, Pinball launched himself forward, cloak flapping wildly behind him. With Pinball's style of fighting, he got an impressive amount of air. He looked like a banshee as he fell, with the black cloak and trail of shadow dripping from the cracked and dirty jar tied to his belt. "Mars!~ I was following you the whole time!" Pinball landed in the sand next to the prone man. He adopted a thick and painful Scottish accent. "Oi, mate, no lollygaggin. What are ye doin', lyin' about on the floor like that?" With a grin he charged forward, his cloak momentarily parting... revealing he had neither weapon nor armor equipped, save for the trinket on his wrist. "Zomekko!
And with that the jar rattled violently, then from its dusty confines came a stream of shadow. Pinball held out his fists as he ran, kicking up sand behind him. The shadow swirled around him, momentarily pausing by his shoulder, adopting the appearance of a ghostly cat. Then, it split into two, and his fists were cloaked in an aura of shadow. Pinball took a swing at the worm, his fist resonating with a dull smack. The worm's health bar dropped ever so slightly. The worm seemed to pause, probably more confused than anything. Pinball was dying laughing. 

Action: Basic Attack [-1 EN] 
Sand Worm: ID# 105310 BD: 3+3= 6 (Hit!) ~ 7 DMG! 

Sand worm: 203/420   DMG: 123 DMG

[H:1] Mars: HP: 459/540     ENG: 37/54    DMG: 14 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds
[H:1] Pinball: 820/820 HP | 81/82 EN | 3 ACC | 7 DMG 
@Cosi

Pinball Stats: 

Spoiler

Level: 41
Health: 820 | Energy: 82
DMG: 7 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0

Skills:

Combat skills:
►<<Charge>> [35/50]: Rank 4 - Master

Weapon skills:
►<<2H Assault Spear>> [50/50]: Rank 5 - Grandmaster

Armor skills:
►N/A

Extra skills:
►<<Familiar Mastery: Fighter>> [18/18]: Rank 3 - Grandmaster
►<<Martial Arts>> [0/50]: N/A
►<<Survival>>

Utility Skills:
►<<Fishing>>

Modifiers:
►[Active] <<2H Assault Spear: Ferocity>>: +1 Base DMG
►[Active] <<Bullrush>>
►[Active] <<2H Assault Spear: Finesse>> ~ Rank 3 

Inventory
»[Equipped] [Perfect] Cloak of the Harbingers: +3 LD 
»[Equipped] [Perfect] Warrior’s Focus: +3 ACC
»

Edited by Pinball

Cosi was still sloshing through the sand when he thought he spotted someone. A tall man with longish black hair. Cosi raised his hand and was about to shout a greating when the sand in front of him exploded. Sand bit into his wave and a shock wave of displaced sand knocked Cosi off his feet. When he sat up and shook the sand from his hair and ears, he saw a gargantuan wurm, plated with sandy colored scales with massive spear like teeth in a circular mouth engaged in combat with the black haired man and somebody else Cosi had not noticed. Cosi's mouth dropped to the floor: both had no weapons and were punching the monstrous wurm with their bare hands. And they must have been doing serious damage because the monster looked more than half dead. Cosi shook his head and got up, brushing sand off of his armor as he slung Rose Gold off of his back and drew his sword. He might as well help these two strangers. He rushed the monster while it was focused on the other two players and swung his swung at its unprotected backside. The sword hit- it was pretty hard to miss such a massive monster- but the blade hardly even scratched the wurm's plating. The blade bounced off the scales and Cosi slowly backed away as the wurm turned to regard the blonde haired warrior.

Spoiler

Combat

ID# 105311- BD: 2 +1 = 3- miss

Cosi- Hp: 200/200- EN: 18/20- DMG: 4- ACC: 1- MIT: 39- THN: 18

Mars: HP: 459/540     ENG: 37/54    DMG: 14 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds
Pinball: 820/820 HP | 81/82 EN | 3 ACC | 7 DMG

Sand worm: 203/420   DMG: 81 DMG

@Mars

Edited by Cosi

He looks over towards his rival is the best term he could think of to use as he make a rather...interesting is the friendliest way to say it entrances in a weird manner which he has gotten use to from his other talks with this player. He gets up off of the ground and dusts his armor off and then looks towards Pinball rush towards the enemy expecting him to use his spear to finish the fight within a single strike only to be baffled by seeing him run up and just punch the worm and not even killing it with the strike he had done. Before he could even get into talking to Pinball about how ridiculous that was of a move he sees another player move forward and strike the worm also and hit it with a weak enough talk to not even scratch the enemy in question. He looks between the two new people that have invaded his training and just sighs softly and shakes his head as he lets energy build up into his fists before running towards the enemy and punches it along its side causing its armor to break and crack from the force of his hit but keeping it alive. Pinball actually hit it this time with something serious this time instead of joking about! he yells over to his rival with a short lived glare that is quickly stopped if Cosi takes a look over towards Mars. When to make sure the message and anger is sent over towards his rival while at least trying to make it seem like he is only wishing for safety towards this new player. He then backs over towards his rival in question and would say if he rushes forward after his request. Also, why do you always have to make a weird entrance i swear it gets more ridiculous each day.

#105312 BD:6+3=9   MD:4-3=1  14x15= 180 DMG 

Sand worm: 23/420   DMG: 81 DMG

[H:1] Mars: HP: 459/540     ENG: 37/54    DMG: 14 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds
[H:1] Pinball: 820/820 HP | 81/82 EN | 3 ACC | 7 DMG
[H:0] Cosi- Hp: 200/200- EN: 18/20- DMG: 4- ACC: 1- MIT: 39- THN: 18

Edited by Mars

Pinball grinned, finally managing to shake his laughter off. His smile quickly faded however, when he heard the approach of something else. Pinball whirled around, instinctively tucking himself into his center, arms crossed across his chest and covering his face, immediately followed by a quick dash to the right. Sparks flew as a sword harmlessly sliced across the worm's body. Pinball glanced over to the wielder of the sword. His cheery demeanor melted, replaced with an uncomfortable and almost unemotional face. The monster was almost dead. Pinball took a few more steps back, looking to Mars for guidance, who was in the middle of yelling for him to get serious. Pinball frowned, eyebrow furrowed. His voice had quieted now, completely void of the bubbly humor it had contained earlier. "I thought you had it handled! I don't have a weapon, dude." Pinball dashed forward, throwing himself into a jump. He twisted in the air, bringing his leg back. Zomekko, a trail of shadow, jumped from one hand to the other, becoming one gaseous form once more. The trail enveloped his leg just as he brought it down across what Pinball thought was the back of the worm's head. The momentum carried him a few feet back into the sand, where he landed, stumbling. Gotta leave the fancy Martial Arts stuff to Mars. I do better with a sharp stick. 

Action Taken: Unarmed Strike [-1 EN / +1 EN]
Sand Worm: ID# 105352  BD: 8+3= 11 (Hit!) ~ 7 DMG

Sand Worm: 16/420 HP | 123 DMG

[H:2] Mars: HP: 459/540     ENG: 37/54    DMG: 14 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds
[H:2] Pinball: 820/820 HP | 81/82 EN | 3 ACC | 7 DMG
[H:0] @Cosi- Hp: 200/200- EN: 18/20- DMG: 4- ACC: 1- MIT: 39- THN: 18

Edited by Pinball

Cosi crouched behind his shield for protection- he was so stupid for attacking this massive beast- as the the wurm moved closer. Then suddenly the thing was hit by a another massive strike that drew it away from the blonde warrior. The black haired and brown haired players were both attacking the massive sand wurm, punching with their bare hands, and dealing quite a lot of damage. The two of them were talking among themselves, yelling and shouting back and forth, and they seemed to know each other well. Cosi didn't know what to do so he just charged the massive creature again and tried to actually do some damage this time. Cosi didn't evan make it to the monster. As he struggled to move through the sand towards the wurm the creature dove beneath the surface and rose up again trying to attack one of the other players. And in that dive its tail casually flicked Cosi aside, sending him flying into the sand. 

Spoiler

Combat

ID# 105380- BD: 1- miss

[H:2] Mars: HP: 459/540     ENG: 37/54    DMG: 14 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds

Sand Worm: 16/420 HP | 123 DMG

@Mars

Edited by Cosi

He looks towards the enemy with a small sigh as he hears Pinball's response and just gives him a rather bland unimpressed look for only a moment before quickly charging towards the creature and gives it a hard punch against its thorax and then followed by another hard strike to its side causing it to burst into crystals. Maybe you should've ran into a battle actually ready to kill something then Pinball instead of running in without a weapon like a new player facing a boar. He says towards the spear wielder as he puts his hands within his pockets while facing the black haired fighter as his eyes flicker over towards the blonde haired warrior that tried to help at the very least make the death faster. And who are you by the way? I know Pinball, but i've never really seen you before or even heard of you. My name is Mars. He says giving his name towards the unknown blonde haired player since it is only polite to give one's own name before demanding another there own.

@Pinball

Action: Aggressive twins vs Sand Worm

#105382  BD:6+3=9  28 DMG   MD:9 (not counted since dead)

#105383  CD:2 LD:5  1260 COL

Sand Worm: 0/420 HP | 123 DMG

Edited by Mars

Pinball snorted as the worm shattered into crystals. "I could have finished that in two hits," he grumbled, spinning on his heel. Zomekko floated from his leg a blob of shadow, reforming into the shape of a black, ghostly looking cat with pure white eyes. She lazily floated up to Pinball's head, where she lie sprawled out across his neck, paws hanging from his shoulders. Pinball stomped past Mars, who gave him an unimpressed look as he passed. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Grumpy." It was then that Mars introduced himself to the blonde-haired swordsman who had joined their fight - or, Mars' fight, rather. He scratched his cheek, walking backwards, distancing himself from the two. This isn't my thing. Pinball shoved his hands deep into his pockets, Zomekko lazily licking his face with a tongue as blank as her eyes. He offered a weak finger-gun to the fighter before plopping down in the warm, golden sand. 

@Cosi

Cosi picked himself up out of the sand and dusted himself off. Then noticed that not only was the wurm dead but the black haired martial artist was talking to him. "Wha? Oh yeah I'm Cosi," Cosi held out his hand after sheathing his sword and slinging his shield over his shoulder, "I am very new here. I just decided to come from floor four and explore here." In this god forsaken place. Cosi looked up and down the player standing in front of him. He was clad all in black- why would you wear all black in a desert?- that even extended up to cover his lower face. A fiery beast lurked nearby him that Cosi nearly attacked except he realized it must be this man's, Mar's, familiar. Cosi looked over at the other player. The one with the strange shadow cat. These guys sure like their cats. Cosi looked back to Mars, who seemed to be the more talkative one. "So what are you two doing up here?"

@Mars

Mars just nods his head as the player speaks taking in pieces of information and making sure to memorize them for future use encase he would need to talk to this player about something or the other in the future. Well then Cosi for myself i am out here training and beating up monsters so i can continue trying to catch up towards my compatriot. As you can see that is most likely not going to happen today. He says gesturing towards his rival Pinball as he then looks towards the blonde haired player with a slight look of contemplating wondering what to do from here since he could easily go find another monster to fight. Well while you're out here exploring as you would say why not do a quest that is out in these dunes. It is a sand shark you get to fight if you think you can handle a quest on this floor i would recommend doing that, and just for a warning you should only do it if you were able to fight Avalanche on floor four without much danger to your life. He says as a warning towards the player to make sure that he doesn't accidentally commit suicide by monster.

Pinball was only barely listening to the two talk. As they blabbered on, he gestured for Zomekko to sit in his lap, and she happily obligued. He stroked her fur, which was really just wisps of evanescent shadow, and daydreamed. 
He was in a forest. It was dusk, and the setting sun cast rays of orange that bathed the trees and grass and bushes in warm light. Fireflies floated flickering about aimlessly, adding to the atmosphere of a serene, fantastical setting. Pinball, alone and injured, stumbled through the twilight, one hand pressed tightly against his stomach, the other clutching a gnarled walking stick. His palms were covered in dripping crimson. He paused. Something was wrong. Squinting his eyes, he was just able to make out what appeared a shadow, no more than a darkened blur, dashing from tree to tree. Pinball stumbled backwards. He was too weak to fight. What could he do? He bit his lip. "Damn," he growled. He pulled his hands from his wound, revealing the bloody wound, and hefted his walking stick. Was this the end? 

@Cosi

Cosi nodded as he listened to the dark haired ninja looking man. He couldn't quite get the read on this guy but he seems cool and helpful enough. "Thanks! I think that I will do that," Cosi paused for a second, as he thought, "But I haven't heard or done the Avalanche quest so I don't know if Ready for this one. Would you mind tagging along and watching my back? Just incase it starts to... you know, kill me?" Cosi waited for Mars' answer hoping the player would accept. Cosi didn't want to be overwhelmed and this player seemed extremely strong- stronger than Cosi- so Cosi wanted to have him along just as back up. If the player wanted to of course. Cosi looked over at the browned haired player who was sitting in the sand with his shadow cat, "You can come too if you want!" Cosi shouted over to him. 

@Mars

He looks towards the blonde player with a calm look upon his face and gives a nod of his head figuring that there would be no harm in seeing what this man would be capable of in at least combat, or at the very least seeing what his build is at the moment and how he will do with a mid tier quest for the lower leveled players. I will accompany you then Cosi and i am certain my rival would be happy to do so also if not for the sole fact he can continue to find weird enemies to fight like he does when fishing to bother me some. He says with a small shrug of his shoulders towards the player in front of him wondering just how well this will go if he couldn't even scratch the protective plates of the worm that he had fought. 'Though that might be a bit unfair to compare the two since that was clearly even higher then i expected for this floor and he must still be tier one if he has never done Avalanche.' He thinks to himself as he glances towards his familiar that lets out a puff of flame from its mouth in boredom. Well no time like the present why don't on our way to the quest we talk awhile so i can see just how much help you might need in this fight if things start going south. Is that okay with you? He asks the blonde haired man while gesturing for him to follow towards the quest destination.

Pinball was staring off into space, completely unaware that the man had called out to him, and not paying attention to anything the two discussed amongst themselves. He grinned to himself as his daydreams got more and more bizarre, no idea that Mars and the new fighter had already agreed to go on a quest together. 

Back in the forest, the shadowy blur was only getting closer and closer. Pinball grimaced, leveling his walking stick despite the ghastly wound in his stomach. His heart pounding in his chest, he stood his ground, knowing that he was about to go down fighting, however pathetic that might be in his poor condition. Eventually, the blur stopped, and a cloaked figure stepped from behind one of the gnarly forest trees. Pinball tightened his grip on his cane, his frown only deepening. The cloaked figure stepped forward once. Then twice. "You're injured." The voice was distinctly feminine, soft-spoken and genuine. There was a hint of music to her voice when she spoke; which was strange, and something Pinball didn't quite understand. She pulled her hood back, golden locks of hair spilling over her face. "Here, let me help you." She took a step forward - and then turned into a huge [censored] spider. Pinball [censored] dropped his spear, stumbling backwards into a tree. "JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE [censored]" 

"Sounds great!" Cosi grins then turns back to the other guy- was his name Pinball- who was still sitting on the sand, "Hey! Uhh." Cosi turns back to Mars, "His name is Pinball?" Once Cosi gets confirmation he wades over to Pinball and calls out to him again, "Yo, Pinball! Mars and I are going shark hunting, you want to come with?" Cosi waits for the brown haired player's response then heads off with or without him. After walking through the desert for a spell, Cosi turns to Mars, "So Mars, I noticed you don't use weapons. How do you do that and still just destroy one of the massive wurms back there?" Cosi waits for an answer, genuinely intrigued and interested in the answer. "You too Pinball. Why don't you use weapons? I mean the game is called sword art online" Cosi thinks for a second, "Then again its not just swords. Its spears, axes and hammers as well..." 

@Mars

Mars looks towards Pinball and notices that the black haired spear user is just sitting there and daydreaming as he sighs softly and turns to Cosi and just gives a small nod of his head. I am sorry this the first time he had been this spaced out before give me a moment and i can make sure that he actually answers us rather then just be a lump on a log. He says towards the blonde haired player as he goes over towards Pinball and slaps the back of his head to snap him out his little daydream to focus upon the present. To answer your question Cosi i can use my hands to fight since i have taken up marital arts as my way of fighting you can get it after punching a rock for a really long time. Really i recommend it only if you have the patience of a saint if you do it by yourself. He says towards the blonde haired warrior in just a blunt honest tone of voice as he then glances towards Pinball with a genuine look of curiosity. Yes Pinball why is it that you only use your hands in that fight. You have a perfectly good spear that could've frozen that worm solid so what is the point trying to act like me? He asks his rival in confusion towards this oddity that has arisen.

To be perfectly honest, Pinball didn't even realize he was being talked to until Mars slapped him in the back of the head. He jumped, instinctively grabbing at the back of his head. "Ow," he complained, standing up. Sand poured off of his pants and his shirt, and he brushed off what stuck to his clothes. Pinball grumbled to himself all the while, finishing what he was doing before answering Mars. "So mean.." He walked along with the two for a while; Cosi seemed a bit restless, wanting to get going with the quest. He couldn't blame him. Pinball shook his head, a slight frown tugging at the corner of his lips. "No reason," he said, his voice barely a mumble. "I just don't feel like fighting right now." His sudden distance was a sharp contrast from his ridiculous entrance just minutes ago. Of course, he had his reasons, but he obviously wasn't too keen on revealing them at the moment. His eyes closed as he walked, spacing himself away from the other two, a tuneless hum only just audible. 

“Alright if we’re all ready, then let’s get moving. No use waiting till I sink into the sand.” Cosi quickly started moving again, trudging through the sand, and trying to head where Mars had pointed where the sand shark mini boss would be. The heat was sweltering and in his armor Cosi was practically swimming in sweat. I wonder if I can drown here? That would be so funny: drown in a desert. Cosi smiled to himself and kept moving over the sand dunes. After a few minutes Cosi turned to Pinball again, “So you use a spear? What’s that like?” Then addressing both of the players, “also if you don’t mind me asking what are your guy’s levels? Because you both destroyed that wurm and I couldn’t even scratch it.” As Cosi waited for their answers he looked around at the scenery. Or more like the lack there of. This floor was all desert. Just miles of sand and dunes. There were a couple ruins poking out here and there and a couple times Cosi thought he saw a oasis in the distance but that could’ve been a mirage. 

@Mars

He looks towards Pinball with a raised eyebrow hearing his partner's response to why he wouldn't want to use his spear at all as he puts his hands within his pockets. Pinball you may not want to fight but if we go to confront this sand shark creature you might as well be prepared for a fight that could come from anywhere at anytime. Being out here with just your fists could get you killed even if you are part of the frontlines. He says towards his rival as a warning as the trio of players continue to traverse the desert of dunes and sand as Mars himself looks around keeping his head on a swivel to keep an eye out for any traps or monsters that could be trying to approach the group of players. When hearing Cosi's question he nods in understanding of why it would be important to ask. I myself am just level 27 i've just been relaxing and lazy for too long and thus i haven't caught up to my rival here who is most likely leagues above me. He says gesturing towards Pinball as he then looks back towards Cosi. What about yourself? What level are you.