[F04- PP] A Cold Shoulder «Avalanche» w/ Mars

Log Entry Fourteen

I explore more of Floor Four with Mars. And I fight some ice elementals. Floor Four is the best floor. 

-------------------------

Hey there Mars, This is Cosi. I was planning on doing the Avalanche quest and since you were the one to mention it I was wondering if you would like to accompany me. I know the mini boss won't be difficult for you but I'm sure we can find something tougher to fight. I will be waiting inside of my shop, the Wayward Market, which is just outside of Snowfrost

Cosi sent this message to Mars and then waited inside the cozy confines of his shop and home here on floor four. The Wayward Market looked like a log cabin had crashed into a small stone tower. The cabin was more or less Cosi's home- though not by the game standards- and the squat cobblestone tower was his workshop. 

@Mars

Edited by Cosi

He punches away another mob having spent his time just grinding against wild mobs to try and gain some levels to be catching up towards his rival at all times so that he can make sure that he will surpass him at some point within the future and then face him in a duel once more to see if things have changed between the two of them since his victory when they reaches tier two. Hearing a small ding he glances towards the side with a slightly curious glance wondering if that is the man he spoke to within that tavern or not as he opens up and sees that it is the blonde haired fighter that had the gall of fighting a monster out of his league. 'A lot of courage this kid has but he should know when to be careful in a fight that he could potentially die in if he isn't careful.' he thinks to himself as he glance to the request and just nods his head not seeing a problem with this since it could only spawn another rival if he helps someone else increase in levels. With that idea in mind he sens a message back to the player to let him know that he will be joining as he heads towards the nearest floor teleport gate and arrives to the fourth floor.

After 30 minutes he arrives at the fourth floor and proceeds to spend another 30 minutes just trying to find this shop that Cosi hadn't specified on what side of the outskirts of Snowfrost it was suppose to be on or in which direction which led to him having to run around basically the entire perimeter of the outskirts of Snowfrost. When he arrives to the shop he is out of breathe and looking towards Cosi with a small glare as he says in a out of breathe voice. You...didn't say...in which direction...your shop was. he says his voice dripping with annoyance and raises his hand before anything could be said. And yes i know i could've...messaged you but that ruins the spirit of the search...sicne finding something like this will at least make sure i explored more of the town then i did before. He says slowly regaining his breathe also during his talking.

It took Mars an hour to get to the the Wayward Market and when the black haired player entered into Cosi's shop he was covered in snow and completely out of breath. Mars wheezed out that Cosi hadn't specified which side of the city Cosi's shop was. Cosi instantly felt terrible. "Sorry about that. I guess I only ever come one way- this way- to get to Snowfrost so I guess I thought everyone did. Sorry Mars." Cosi apologizes profusely as he quickly gets up and tosses another log on the roaring fire. The game may have been virtual but it did a great job with the environments and stimuli so Cosi knew the fourth floor was freezing but the fire always warmed him up. "Come in an sit down Mars. You can warm up before we head out. Sorry about the lack of directions. Besides there's somethings I have to go get." Cosi moved the arm chair closer to both Mars and the fire moved into the the back where his workshop was to grab his gear.  

@Mars

Cosi to make up for this i would request that we do traveler together after this quest so that i can stop being tortured by this floor and other floors do to there temperatures that aren't the friendliest to people wearing armor. he says in annoyance still wearing his battle gear even still at all times ready for a fight at any moment within time seemingly if one would only assume such things when seeing mars out and about on the floors. Mars makes his way over towards the fire and sits in the chair that Cosi had setup as he glances about the shop a bit curious to see just how similar and different it would be from other shops he has visited which includes his very own alchemy shop. Nodding his head at seeing the shop at least have more commodities for people to try and warm up do to the temperature that the floor has that might push people away otherwise if they didn't have that survival skill.

Cosi runs back to the main room, now equipped in all of his gear. His half plate armor glistens, and his shield, Rose Gold looks pristine. "Sounds good, but you will have to tell me more about the traveler quest. I haven't heard much of it. Anyways if you feel that you're defrosted enough let's be on our way." In addition to his gear Cosi has on a thick woolen scarf wrapped around his neck. Its a vanity scarf but it seems to help with the cold. Cosi moves to the door and heads outside into the falling snow. "I did some research and some exploration so I know where Avalanche is, as well as a place we can find some harder mobs, called Glacial Cove should Avalanche prove to easy." Cosi grins in anticipation and as he moves beneath the snow covered pine and spruce trees he looks back at Mars, "Thanks for agreeing to come along, Mars." 

@Mars

He chuckles softly at hearing Cosi say the idea that avalanche could be a difficult mob to face knowing that from his performance in sand shark that this quest will just be a walk in the park especially if he somehow managed to grab a thorns equipment item to help himself out deal damage against mobs that would land a hit against him. Well i can assure you that if you don't kill avalanche that i surely will be able to do so since the sand shark was just a walk in the park for myself even when i took the quest on by myself and i've only gotten higher in level as i've progressed in levels. Mars says rather confidently towards his ally for future quests as he walks along with him towards the destination of the quest with his hands at his side in a relaxed position not being any stiff motions since his combat is about being fluid and swift to land as many strikes as he can. Oh yes, Traveler. it is a quest that is supposed to take twenty four hour to complete in and of itself do to how far out the item you have to retrieve is. At the very least the reward for it all is a skill that allows yourself to just ignore all these terrible weathers as if you're just walking in a cool summer breeze. He says towards the blonde haired tank like warrior.

"Well that's why I wanted you along. If all else fails I can rely on you to just punch this mini boss into pieces." Cosi keeps walking, ducking under low hanging branches laden with glistening snow, hearing the snow crunch under his feet. He's heading to where Avalanche always spawns. Its a clearing far to the north of floor four and deep in a evergreen forest supposedly full of ice wolves. Cosi heard that there was a path that goes to the mountain clearing where Avalanche spawns that is never troubled by mobs. All the two players have to do is find that path. Cosi picks up the pace and relays this information to Mars. "Though I doubt the wolves would be any problem. I just want to be at full health and energy when we arrive at the mountain clearing. That should make the fight easier." Cosi shrugs his shoulders, "Or at least it won't make the fight any more difficult." 

@Mars

Mars shrugs his shoulder and just nods his head in understanding not being insulted or anything of that nature by the knowledge that he is being used for his strength in clearing out mobs more so than anything else which he accepts since it does allow him to talk to others to some extent to see if they will make useful allies in the future. he then glances towards Cosi as he remembers a certain phrase enter his mind and smiles a bit to himself that remains unseen do to the nature of his armor that leaves only his eyes visible. So then Cosi i would like for you to humor a question i would have. What is something that you want more then anything within this game that doesn't include freedom. What is something within this game you would want more then anything else, or something that you value highly? He asks curiously towards the blonde haired player wondering what such an answer would be if he would get any answer since such information could be deemed highly confidential.

Cosi's stride misses a beat at Mars' question but he keeps walking. Cosi is silent for a while, not because he doesn't know the answer- he knows it- but because of the answer. Cosi then starts to chuckle softly but it grows. "Its an ambitious answer. So ambitious and self centered." Cosi nearly breaks into another fit of laughter. The answer is just so insane. I hope this doesn't make Mars think I'm an egomaniac. Cosi keeps walking and doesn't look at Mars but he answers the question. "I want to make it to the front lines. I want to make it to the front lines so that when I reach the one hundredth floor I'll be there. And I want to be there so that I can be the one to get the last hit on the final boss. I want to be the one who sets us all free." Cosi starts laughing again. "I know that's insane- I'm so low leveled to all the front liners- but I'll get there. I'll catch up to them and surpass them all if needed." Cosi chuckles softly then notices a path off to their left. "That must be the path. Let's go." 

@Mars

Edited by Cosi

Mars looks towards the blonde haired man with a raised eyebrow at the answer knowing that there is much a simpler answer to his goal. That his goal that would seem just to someone else is really as he had said entirely self-centered and that the answer in truth was just three words that anybody could him with. 'He wants power.' he thinks to himself since in essence the goal was to get strong enough to gain power to catch up to the frontlines, to gain strength to get the last kill by surpassing the damage that was legendary in terms of Beat, and Zandra's gear that they've killed and experienced enough to surpass most in. Power being the goal that the man before him is trying to reach all for the sake of getting the last hit on the most difficult boss something that most would strive to do. Your goal is a long one, and just a struggle for gaining as much power as you can. What about after reaching the frontlines? What are you going to do then? Cause anybody can reach the frontlines but after they do so they realize how hollow the satisfaction is as the realization of. Whats next? Sets in. What is your answer going to be? He leaves off as his simple answer towards the blonde haired man as they traverse the path towards Avalanche having no monsters spawn yet and not many in the future seemingly until the boss himself.

"After? After you say?" Cosi chuckled again, "After I reach the front lines I keep going. I won't stop. I will keep going with or without everyone else. I'm finishing this game in as little time as possible. Even if I have to do it by myself, Mars." Cosi kept walking along the path, feeling the snow fall on his face. The air was getting colder as the duo traveled closer down the path. As the path brought them closer to the clearing the trees became sparser and sparser. Cosi turned to Mars before they reached the clearing and stopped, "That's why I asked you to come along Mars. You're strong and I think that not only well you be able to keep up with me but that we I falter, you'll be able push me as well." Cosi grinned and pulled out his sword, "Let's go kill this mini boss" 

@Mars

So arrogance is your answer then Cosi? To believe you can take on a floor boss that can make the frontliners go as a full on force of a combination of guilds? Is that he answer you're wishing to choose arrogance to think you can take on bosses by yourself perhaps to help people push through this game? Maybe a select task force of people of various roles to help? He says questioningly towards the blonde haired man wanting to test his believes of what he stands for and what he really wants when it would come to this game with the end goal being something or anything that could occur. However, if that is the case that your goal is power, and what pushes you forward is the belief you can handle anything that comes into your way. What happens next than Cosi. What if those you trust turn on you seeing you as a danger since that has happened in the past. A player in charge of the strongest guild was killed by a fellow frontliner for being to strong and being seen as a threat. What would you do if a player killing guild, or a crime guild came into prominence? What if they offered power and the chance to take what is yours and reach your goal of being the strongest? With the only requirement being that you had to protect them? Laughing Coffin is a force that lurks in the dark and takes out the weak, but other peopel could get motivated by such people and killing guilds, or just crime guilds focusing on there own goals that they believe is good for this world will rise up. He says towards the blonde haired with a neutral expression on his face as he questions him about the what-ifs about this world and the people that reside within it.

"Arrogance has nothing to do with it!" Cosi thinks for a second, "Okay it doesn't have that much to do with arrogance. Its just that the front liners have taken so long. Years and we've only come to floor 23. Not even a fourth of the way there!" Cosi was getting passionate, his voice raising as he spoke,  "I don't really care about being the strongest or getting the last kill. I just want to get out of this place. This game of death. Those goals are just secondary and means to an end. I just want to get home!" Cosi was breathing heavily now, his fists clenching the grips on his sword and shield so hard they hurt. "I don't know if you understand but I just want be home with my family. So I'm taking the fastest path. And I'll go it along if I have to." Cosi whispers this next part, almost to himself, but still loud enough to be heard, "Even if it kills me. They might not even care." 

@Mars 

So you would do anything to get home the fastest way possible even if such a path would include having to work with a crime guild for the entirety of the game if that would offer power to you to complete the game the fastest way possible? He asks the blonde haired man in curiosity while looking him in the eyes as the two are around the outer most perimeter of Avalanche's home as Mars smiles underneath his mask rather curious what this man's ambition is leading him towards. Knowing that his answer would shape what he would say next after this quest boss that is Avalanche which he could only hope is a positive affirmation of his question since it would be rather good for himself at the very least. He awaits silently the response of the blonde haired fighter as Mars steps into the perimeter of the outer most edge of Avalanche's spawning grounds which means a fight could happen anywhere at anytime.

Cosi pauses at this. Would I do that? What would I do to get home? Cosi thought for a moment, Its not like what happens in this game really matters. Its just a game. Once I'm out I'll be done with death game and nothing that happened in it will matter. Cosi turned to mars. He had his answer. "If it got me strength and didn't require me to kill people, I would take that option. I would do it to get the power I need. Now are we going to go kill this boss or what?" Cosi said, a little annoyed or on edge. Cosi didn't wait for Mars' request. He simply strode into the mountain clearing, his sword and shield drawn. "Avalanche!" Just like that, as Cosi stepped into the clearing one of the ice covered mountain slopes broke away revealing it to be the mini boss. A massive ice golem like elemental. The mob bellowed, its yell sounding like falling ice, and stomped towards the now charging blonde haired tank. Cosi cut into the ice monster's legs, slashing with his sword. 

Combat- Snake Bite

ID# 105604- BD: 7- hit

4*3= 12 damage

Cosi- Hp: 280/280- EN: 25/28- MIT: 39/39- THN: 18- ACC: 1- RGN: 5 (over 3 turns, on hit)

Mars- ???

Avalanche- Hp: 88/100- DMG: 40

@Mars

Edited by Cosi

He just nods his head at Cosi's words keeping them in mind for the future since they could be useful or not depending on how things would progress for Cosi's ambition. Mars just nodding his head at the answer as if just agreeing with him and not wanting to pressure him further with questioning as if it was some kind of interrogation moment between him and the blonde player besides him. Lets go beat this Avalanche then. He says in a calm tone of voice towards the man who just moves forward seeming rather perturbed by something which he finds himself unsure of the exact cause besides possibly the topic at hand since that would be the only source for the sudden mood shift. With such thoughts in mind he just moves forward alongside Cosi as Avalanche spawns in and gets hit. Well then i guess i shouldn't slack since you did bring myself into this for some reason i guess. He says in a relaxed neutral tone of voice as he glances towards the enemy health bar that almost lost about 20% of it within a single attack which was pretty good for this quest....for Cosi's level he is unsure of since he never asked such a question back as far as his mind has bothered to remember.

He walks over towards Avalanche wondering which attack to use to make it deadly, but not overkill as far as his mind remembers what his damage output should be. He moves forward towards the icy enemy and does four swift attacks that crack the entire being made of ice and drops it below 50% in one strike. Uhmm....woops didn't mean to do that much. He says with honest sincere slight embarrassment at having failed to remember what his damage output is for the attack having not wanted to steal most of the damage credit for this fight. he dodges the attack that was sent towards him by jumping over it and back away from the creature.

Action: Delayed sword

#105607 BD:7+3=10  MD:7-3=4    4x14=  56

Cosi- Hp: 280/280- EN: 25/28- MIT: 39/39- THN: 18- ACC: 1- RGN: 5 (over 3 turns, on hit)

Mars- HP: 580/580     ENG: 54/58    DMG: 14 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds

Avalanche- Hp: 32/100- DMG: 40

Edited by Mars

Combat- Snake Bite

ID# 105610- BD: 4+1+1 (concentration)= 6- hit

4*3= 12 damage

Cosi- Hp: 280/280- EN: 25/28- MIT: 39/39- THN: 18- ACC: 1- RGN: 5 (over 3 turns, on hit)

Mars- HP: 580/580     ENG: 54/58    DMG: 14 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds

Avalanche- Hp:20/100- DMG: 40- MD: 1- miss

Cosi laughs as Mars obliterates Avalanche's health total with four titanic blows. Its amazing how much damage the player does with just his bare hands. "Don't apologize just fight! We'll find something more challenging after we trounce this popiscle" Cosi runs back behind the ice golem trying to split its attention between him and the black cloaked player- hoping to make the mob confused and therefore easier to hit- and then strikes out with his sword. Three swift blows to the mob's legs-not as devastating as Mars' attack- ring out like breaking glass and Avalanche falls to one knee, only twenty percent of its health left. The ice elemental lashes out with a massive fist but Cosi blocks the attack on his shield. He stabilizes the shield with both hands but with the force of the blow Cosi is still pushed back several feet. Cosi shouts to his companion, "Finish it while its down Mars!" 

@Mars

Edited by Cosi

He walks over towards Avalanche as Cosi tells him to just finish off the mob which he is happy to do himself since all that means is to just hit it with his strongest attack just for the sake of a little bit of showing off. A display of power as one could say. He stands in front of the downed creature as he activates the sword art as his fists glow with red energy moving his right shoulder back along with his arm in the position to lash out in a right hook to its book. Be gone weakling. He mutters to the Avalanche before moving his fist forward as fast as he can as it smashes right through Avalanche as its health depletes to zero within a instance along with shattering into nothing within the same instance. There we go quest mob completed Cosi. Now then i believe i did ask for the return favor of us doing traveler together so we can brave these terrible weathers much more easily. He says in a kind tone of voice towards the blonde haired fighter.

Action: All Might vs Avalanche

#105623  BD:5+3=8  14x15= 210 DMG

[H:2 ]Cosi- Hp: 280/280- EN: 25/28- MIT: 39/39- THN: 18- ACC: 1- RGN: 5 (over 3 turns, on hit)

[H:1] Mars- HP: 580/580     ENG: 38/58    DMG: 14 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds

Avalanche- Hp:0/100- DMG: 40

Edited by Mars

“Overkill much Mars?” Cosi questions but he’s grinning. Mars was so strong. It would be a real test to catch up to him. But Cosi would make it. At Mars’ next comment Cosi nodded, “definitely. That sounds like a good quest. I was thinking that we could head over to Glacial Cove and search out some harder mobs but if you want to go do Traveler by all means led the way Mars.” Cosi stretches out his hand motioning for Mats to lead. Cosi will follow. The blonde warrior wonders what Mars’ deep questions were about. We’re they just to pass time or was there some ulterior motive to them. Cosi shrugs his shoulders and waits for Mars to take point.  Also what had that last question been about? Join a crime guild. Cosi never thought of himself as a criminal but it meant getting back to see his family and making amends. Then Cosi would take that option. He just wouldn’t kill any other players. He wouldn’t take away anyone else’s chance to be home. 

@Mars

He makes his way back towards the main settlement of the fourth floor taking the opportunity to lead that Cosi had presented for him to do just that with a small sigh that escapes him as his breathe is visible to the environment. Hoping that he himself can at the very least make use of this traveler quest even though that will put him a day behind his schedule for things he would wish to accomplish. 'Sometimes comfort can be placed ahead of...faster progress towards my goal.' He thinks to himself pausing ever so slightly to think of the perfect way to frame his words so that they would at least be reasonable to himself since this quest is exactly that. All about the comfort that the game is trying to provide players to prepare them for the unbearable temperature and conditions that will be presented later most likely. Lets head over towards Traveler just know that this is a full day commitment to get this done. He says as a quick prelude to what the quest ahead of them will bring.