[SP - F17] The Master Forger «Challenge of Olympus»

Kosan was taking a stroll on the floor 17, it reminded him of the holidays he had with his family as a child, to Greece. He used to love everything related to them, their history, gods, and everything, including games like "War of God" or others.. He wasnt sure if there was anything to do on the floor, but it was a nice spot to relax and feel  He was about to leave, when he heard a horn go off in the mountains ..  "Hmm.. that's weird" he said, as he turned around  "I should go and investigate" he said, as he turned around and sped up his pace. He wasnt sure what he was going to find there, but he sure as hell wasnt going to just ignore that horn "Heh.. maybe the gods are calling for me" he said to himself, he enjoyed the greek mythology , so any chance to meet any god wasnt going to let him down. 

As he was walking up to the mountain, he thought he could hear a hammer hitting an anvil "A forge?" he said "So high up ?" . He wasnt sure how far up the forge was, but it sure as hell didn't sound close to him, and he already walked up the mountain for quite a bit. The path was rugged, its vegetation was let to grow and with it it brought hard access, but he wasn t going to abandon the possibility of either gathering something new, or maybe, finding something that no one else found before. "I should hurry up, the sun doesnt seem to stay up for much longer" he said, as he rushed his pace up. He got a bit cut in one of the plants, it probably had some thorns, and that kind of ruined his coat, but that clearly wasnt so important right now

As he went up higher and higher, the sun kept going more down and down. "Is this a race to the top of the mountain" he laughed, as the sound of what seemed to be a forge grew louder and louder, "There clearly is a forge up here". he said to himself, while walking down to what seemed a big entrance in the mountain. The architecture was looking amazing, and the way the forge was shaped, it clearly seemed not humanly made, but more likely god made. "What ..is this?" He said as he turned around to see a big man, with a big mustache . "Hello there, Human, my name is Hephaestus, and i am the God of the Forge. Welcome to my home." . Kosan was shocked. He didn't knew what to say.

Edited by Kosan

*Rp-ing from the point of Hephaestus*

The Days grew longer and longer.. it seemed like the forge was never going to end. Until one day. One day I saw a human, down on the fields at the bottom of the Mountain Olympus. He looked like a blacksmith, he had strong arms, and he could probably help me escape my forge for good. But i saw him walking towards the exit, so i did what i hoped it would catch his attention. I blew into the horn and that attracted the human attention. I didn't knew how the approach with the human was going to be, but i was going to help him get to my forge.. my home. I kept forging, as usual, making sword after sword, hoping he could follow the sound. Finally, after a few hours, he managed to get up.. I was happy. But i wasnt going to just give him the power of the master forger, i had to test him, to make sure he was a good blacksmith. As he got up, i greeted him... he seemed.. shocked.

Edited by Kosan

"W..Wa..Wait a minute !!! You are real !?!" He yelled, clearly being startled by the aspect of the god. He thought maybe its just a player that went crazy and think of himself as a boss, but he was .. he seemed like he was a god. "Why did you blew into the horn? If you are a god, you clearly have some intentions, they always have some intentions when they call in mortals." Kosan said to the God, as he didn't knew how to react exactly. "And how is this place your home anyway ? Don't you live on the top of the mountain, like all the other gods ?" He said, he was questioning the god more and more, he didn't knew how to react. He was scared, he was afraid, but more than all, he was admiring him. He was a Blacksmith God,  and Kosan was a blacksmith himself. Maybe this encounter will benefit him

-Hephaestus

"Human, i know you have a lot of questions, and i can assure you, i am a god, not a phony, do not worry about questioning my existance" Hephaestus said to Kosan, being extremly calm. He clearly saw that he was nervous, but Hephaestus wasnt going to let him just take the hammer and walk away, just because he was nervous. "You are right, though, i have called you here with a reason. I want us to do a blacksmithing challenge. If you beat me, you can walk away with my hammer, the hammer that forged the gear of the gods. Its infused with a power that will make all the gears you craft a lot better, and make it be perfect. Will you accept my challenge, or will you cower away and run off ?", he said. He was confident that this Kosan was a good blacksmith, a blacksmith which deserved to be taught the arts of crafting.

Kosan was scared. "A challenge, you say?"  he said in a overconfident tone "of course i will accept your challenge. Anything that could make my forge a better place, i'll take" he said, as he got ready to start crafting, hopefully he was going to craft one of the best creations of his. "So.. how are we going to do this ? Will you go first, and i will go after you ? Or do we do it at the same time ?" He asked. He was eager to start the furnaces and start melting the metal needed to craft the said item. 

"I am going to go first" the god said, as he got to his anvil, and explained what the challenge was going to be "We will have to craft a sword each. Your sword will have to be better than mine. It will not be easy, but, if you are a good blacksmith, even better than me, you will manage

Kosan laughed. "I accept your challenge". 

Edited by Kosan

"Very well.. lets begin" The god said as he started hammering the metal down. He was going to play fair and square, and not cheat. He started melting the metal in the fire of the big furnances, as he was preparing the hilt of the said weapon. The God had a multitude of materials at his disposal, and he was going to try and make the most perfect sword possible. He wasnt sure how to make it look though, so he decided to go for the most basic shape. A one handed straight sword. As he was hammering away, he saw Kosan was looking very carefully at the technique. This made the god believe more and more that Kosan was the right guy for the said hammer. As he was pummeling at the sword, the sun looked like it stopped at the horizon, and it looked like it was going to be a full night in the burning forges of the gods, and it hoped that Kosan will make him proud. 

The god kept pummeling and pummeling at the sword, the fire was cracking in the forges, as the moon started to rose up. The sweat from the heat was going down both of their foreheads and was falling on the burning metal, making a sharp sizzling sound. The short sword kept getting a better shape with each hit, and Kosan was getting more and more scared by the skill of the god. The sword was looking more and more sharp and perfect, and it was time to cool it down in oil, to make it look pristine. It had a very nice model on its blade, and the hilt was made of deer leather combined with valuable materials. Kosan thought he will lose, and he was scared, but he wasnt going to back down, and he was going to try and beat the god at its own game, the forging game.

As the god was nearing the end of his forging, the sword looked unique, amazing, overall just perfect. "Its your turn now, human. You have to craft a sword better than this. You can use my tools, my materials, and my forge. Take your time. Make me proud" The God handed Kosan his hammer, which seemed massive, so the god made it smaller. That proved to Kosan that he was a real god, with real powers, and he was about to start a challenge against him. He walked up to the forge and said to himself "Ok.. lets do this" as he started melting the metal. The furnaces were roaring and the wood was cracking, Kosan getting ready to pound the metal and start making the best sword he ever did. "Lets do this, god, i will prove myself to you, and you will be forced to make me a better blacksmith !" He said, as he was looking for the material he was going to use.

The god had a multitude of materials, steels, valuables, and others, that the blade could be made of. Kosan chose a black metal, which silver lining. He prepared the metal, and put it in the furnace. He was afraid he was going to do a fool's mistake, so he was being extremely careful , trying to make a professional looking sword. As the metal was getting more red with each second, Kosan was thinking how he will make the sword look, trying to remember all he did at the forge, and every mistake he did, he was trying to force himself to improve as much as he could. "Well, with this magic hammer i will clearly be able to craft a masterpiece" he said, as he took the metal out of the furnace and was getting ready to pummel it into shape on the anvil, hopefully not cracking anything.