(SP-F1 Quest, Completed!) Rosario <<The First Few Lessons are Free>>

A link to the Quest

Spoiler

"Ugh... My poor Eyes..." Mina blinked as the sun seemed to be glaring down on her with an unusual intensity, even though it was getting close to hitting winter. She was currently within the town of beginnings, taking a few "beginner quests" that had popped up recently that she was actually eligible for rewards from. She sighed, before shielding her eyes and looking for the quest area, a small shop run by an NPC that went by the name of Zackaraiah, an old NPC that sold potions. "Naa, this is probably gonna be boring..." she murmured before continuing to a tree that was hanging over a small shop. She looked up at the sign, and realized that she had finally found the building the quest was given at. "Here goes nothing I suppose..." she entered into the building, and stared in wonder at the massive collection of potions, salves, and crystals that littered the building. It very nearly gave it the appearance of a Wizarding Apothecary that she had seen in some old science fiction movies and novels. Needless to say, she was very impressed by the sight. "Erm... Hello..?" she called, "Mr. Zackaraiah? I'm here to take your quest sir!" A faint clattering sound, as well as the shattering of polygons could be heard in the back before an NPC came out of the back room. "Ah! A young quest-goer? Are you feeling up to my quest young lady?" He asked Violet, who nodded. "I believe that I am Sir, what should I do for you?" Zackaraiah smiled before holding up five fingers. "I would like you to go and get me five materials from the fields, and come back to my shop to craft a healing potion for me." Violet nodded again, before bowing respectfully. "I will be back shortly sir." she said, and promptly left for the nearby fields.

Mina sighed before going back to plucking at various berries and the like in order to get materials for crafting. It was mid afternoon, and she would usually just lounge around and enjoy the extra sunshine, but for right now... she was stuck in the middle of a quest. Not that she minded, actually. It was quite a bit of fun to enjoy a quest, especially when you were on the lower floors where you typically had little to nothing to do. she checked the small fruits that she had just found for durability ratings, and she smirked after she noticed that the small berries would be perfect for crafting a few potions. the golden-orange hues of the late afternoon light were warming, and made her feel a tad bit sleepy, so she slapped her cheeks just a small bit, before grinning at herself. "Na, naa! I can definitely get this done before nightfall~" she cheered, placing the berries inside of her inventory as she continued to forage.

Spoiler

ID# 106185 results:

Battle: 2

Craft: 11

Loot: 15 (Success: +1 Quest mat)

MOB: 7

Edited by tricolor_mina

Mina smiled tiredly at the pale flowers that were scattered around the field, a faint smile on her face. She had found a nice group of herbs that were hanging around the field from one of the trees. There was a snakelike creature that was watching her, its bright yellow eyes glittering as it stared. Mina gently pulled the herbs away, and turned to walk away, a faint smile on her face as she walked away. A hiss echoed out from behind her, and the snake lept over at her, its mouth stretched wide open and its fangs exposed. she let out a yelp, and fell backwards. the snake was about to land on her face, when a large dagger skewered the small creature, shattering it almost instantly. her eyes widened slightly, before she lept to her feet, her rapier already unsheathed. there was a younger player that was standing in front of her. she had twin-toned green and red hair that was spiked up in places, and obviously. That framed her heart-shaped face, and was wearing the standard cloth armor that had been handed out to lower-level players. Mina glared at the player, her eyes dark with annoyance. "Who are you?!" she hissed at the girl, who immediately hopped on the offensive. "I-I could say the same to you!" she spluttered, her eyes wide with fear. "I didn't do anything other than kill that stupid snake!"

Spoiler

ID# 106476 results:

Battle: 10

Craft: 7

Loot: 12 (+1 T1 mat, 2/5 T1 mats found!)

MOB: 4

Edited by tricolor_mina
Note: Editing later for fluff and stuff, Ik that I dont meet the word count

Mina glared at the girl standing in front of her, eyes narrowed with annoyance. "Y'know, you never answered the question I asked you kid." she said flatly, before looking up at the tree that the strange snake had come from. "Ah... my name is....." the girl started, before an angry look crossed their face, "HEY! why the hell do I have to answer that, you crazy lady! I want an answer out of you first!! Who are you?!" he shouted, his face almost comically entering an angry state. Mina glared at the young girl for a few moments longer, before letting out a sigh. "Naa... my name is Tricolor_mina... just call me mina, brat." she said dryly, an annoyed look on her face. "Now answer the damn question I asked you." a huff escaped her throat, and the boy put away the dagger before looking at Mina again. "... I'm Rosario... I guess I could say it's... nice to meet you..?" Mina looked around a bit, and watched the small creatures dart about in the treeline, a sigh escaping her throat.

Spoiler

ID# 106940 results:

Battle: 8

Loot: 4 (Fail)

MOB: 9

Edited by tricolor_mina

Rosario was watching Mina flit around the area, a bored look on her face. All she was doing was looking for materials that could be used in potion brewing, which was boring enough in itself, but then the lady just had to be extremely rude and point her blade at their throat. The nerve of some people! Meanwhile, Mina had found herself in a bit of a predicament. A rather annoyed snake mob was guarding a bush that held a large amount of Sag leaves,  one of the most loved herbs used in crafting both food and potions. Every time Mina took a step forward, so did the snake, and it repeatedly let out a vicious-sounding hiss. finally, after being fed up enough by the damnable creature, she shot forward, rapier in hand glowing, and skewered the snake, easily killing it with its meager health. "Hah! take that you scaly jerk~! The Sag Leaves are Mine~!!" she cheered, before picking the leaves out of the small bush.

Spoiler

ID# 106941 results:

Craft: 9

Loot: 20 (Success- 3/5 T1 materials found!)

MOB: 6

Edited by tricolor_mina

Mina walked back over to one of the Many trees, a cheerful smile on her face. She began humming quietly as she moved, skipping just a bit. of course, she couldn't see any more materials, but that was ok. She had all afternoon to search for them, and it was made even more fun by being able to kill the smaller mobs around the floor that were guarding the higher-quality materials that were scattered about. It only got boring when you didn't have anything to do, which wasn't the case at the moment. Mina glanced up at the tree, her eyes filled with determination. There had to be something hidden up there! Meanwhile, Rosario was watching Mina with curiosity present on her face. "What the hell is that chick do.. She's gonna fall from the damn tree, isn't she..." she groaned when he saw Mina tumble to the ground, her fall looking like it could've hurt pretty badly if it had happened in the real world. Rosu sighed to herself, and clapped a hand to his face. "... Idiot..." she muttered to himself, shaking her head.

Spoiler

ID# 106942 results:

Craft: 3

Loot: 2 (Fail)

Edited by tricolor_mina

Mina let out a groan, her body numbed by the fall that she had taken. She looked up, an annoyed look on her face, until she noticed that Rosario was standing over her, an amused smile on his face. "Somebody just took a pretty big fall, eh?" she said dryly, "Aren't you a little old for crap like this?" Mina glared up at her, and motioned for them to move back a tad bit. She pulled her legs back, and threw herself back to her feet a few moments later. She stretched for a few moments, before turning back to Rosario. "Watch it, brat." she said darkly, "If you continue calling me old, I'll slice you in half." she snorted a bit, but backed off, her hands held up in the universal sign for surrender. "Yeah, sure. You're pretty damn cranky, lady." she said, giving Mina a Cheshire Grin. Mina groaned at their cheesy attitude, but let it slide, as she didn't feel in the mood for arguing with anyone. "... I swear to all that is holy if you don't stop being a smartarse I'm going to slap you."

Spoiler

ID# 106943 results:

Battle: 7

Craft: 6

Loot: 8 (Fail)

MOB: 10

Edited by tricolor_mina

Mina went over to a new part of the field, Rosario following closely behind her. The younger player busied herself with attacking small mobs that were gathered around the area, clearing up the place where Mina was currently searching for new materials. Mina was currently staring down a pair of birds that were guarding a large apple-shaped fruit that looked perfect for making potions. Mina pulled out her rapier and skewered one of the birds, scaring off the other bird as the first bird shattered into countless polygons. Mina cheered a bit, before snagging the Apple-like fruit from the branch, and shoving it into her inventory. She smirked a bit, before leaping out of the tree, easily landing on her feet after a backflip. Rosario looked up from the bush that she had been sitting, a confused look on her face. "One of these days you're gonna take fall damage, lady." she said dryly, a sigh escaping her throat. "How many more of those do you have to go?" Mina smirked, before holding up a single finger. "Next one's the last one kid, then we can head out if you'd like~" she said cheerfully

Spoiler

ID# 106944 results:

Craft: 8

Loot: 14 (Success! 4/5 T1 Materials Found)

Edited by tricolor_mina

Mina had finally located the last material that she needed in order to return back to the place of the Alchemist. It was currently hanging from a branch that was hanging over a sleeping boar. Rosario was watching the scene, crouched close to the ground with her dagger poised to strike her opponent. She turned to mina, a nervous look on her face. "Do you really think you can grab that without waking up the boar?" she asked, a nervous look on the younger girls face. "Of course! what do you take me for?! I'm not some level 1 newbie that can't move fast enough to get past the boar, I'm level 14! This is childs play in comparison to killing the quest bosses that are found here!" Mina easily lept into the air, and grabbed the fruit, before landing on one of the branches of the tree. Rosario charged up a simple sword art, and charged the boar, before easily killing it within only two strikes.

Spoiler

ID# 106945 results:

Battle: 6

Craft: 2

Loot: 17 (Success! 5/5 T1 Materials found!)

MOB: 1

Edited by tricolor_mina
  • 6 months later...

mina began the long trek back to the workshop with Rosario, a faint smile playing around her lips. It was nice to be able to walk with someone who was nice, even though she rarely displayed any emotion aside from her seemingly permanent scowl. The younger player was bouncing around holding a basket that had sandwiches in it. It was already mid afternoon though, so they needed to get back to town relatively fast if they wanted to reach the store before it closed. It wasn't too far away, but it was still far enough to make her want to go faster. "Mou... I think we might need to go just a little bit faster, I don't want to get there late..." said mina quietly, turning her head towards Rosario. The younger girl was still preoccupied with her basket and humming to herself, though, so she decided to not bother her and just keep walking, the girl following right at her heels.

(ooc: O-O first try perfect)

Spoiler

ID# 115371 results:

Craft: 12

Loot: 6

Mina happily sat near a mini-cauldron brewing the healing potion that Zackariah had requested for her to make. The cheerful bubbling coming from the small pot reminded her of a movie she saw once with the main character making a potion that caused anyone who ingested it to fall into a coma-like slumber. It wasn't clear like that one though, but it did have a happy golden coloring, and was splashing around happily 'Could potions even be happy?' she wondered inwardly, a smile on her face. Rosario was nearby cutting up some of the extra fruits in order to make them higher quality. Apparently she was really good with cooking, and was busying herself helping Mr. Zackariah with making some extra potions while he prepared a package to take to one of the other NPC's in town. Mina cheered when the potion finished, and when she tapped it with the vial, it flashed as a perfect quality item, and corked itself before a small ribbon appeared around the neck of the bottle. She left it laying on the counter, before she began cleaning up the mess that she had made. Zackariah thanked her and Rosario, before giving them a package that they needed to deliver to Lyle Tealeaf, one of the local blacksmiths that lived in the area.

Mina walked alongside Rosario as they slowly made their way over to Lyle's workshop, munching on the sandwiches that she had brought as a snack. It was a fairly enjoyable endeavor, and one that she would gladly do again. As they finally managed to reach the workshop, they found Lyle waiting for them, waving a bit. He gratefully accepted the package, and let Mina know about another quest that she could take. She frowned a bit when she realized that she wouldn't be able to do the quest anyways, apparently once you reached level 15, you couldn't get the extra experience from it. It sucked, but oh well. Mina waved goodbye to Rosario, and walked off, heading back into the forest to see if she couldn't take down a few high-level mobs. She remembered clearly that here was several areas that had monsters that attacked players viciously, and were at loot standard at least. she shrugged, before walking off the rest of the way, humming to herself as she went.

Spoiler

ID# 115507 results:

Battle: 1 Critical Miss...

Craft: 1

Loot: 8

ID# 115508 results:

Battle: 3 (-1 is 2, MISS)

Craft: 10

Loot: 3

MOB: 2

Mina swiftly rolled to her right, her weapon completely forgotten for the moment as she started dodging the monster out of surprise. It had been extremely close, but she had still managed to dodge it, and the mob seemed to have done the same for her own attacks. She grimaced, before unsheathing her rapier in order to prepare to charge after the mob, though she wasn't planning on doing so immediately. Mina cussed under her breath when the mob swiftly charged her, and nearly bowled her over a second time. How annoying could this crap get?! Mina ran up one of the trees, but only enough to get herself out of range of the mob so she could formulate a plan of attack.

Mina: 280/280 HP, 26/28 EN, 26 MIT, 4 base damage, (8+)T1 Bleed,  3 ACC, 1 Keen, EVA 1

Dire Wolf: 140/140 HP , 42 DMG

Spoiler

ID# 115509 results:

BD: 9 (Minor Crit! +1 Base DMG. 5*6= 35 DMG to Dire wolf! Keen Active! Bleed Active!)

Craft: 3

Loot: 14

ID# 115510 results:

Battle: 5 (-1 is 4, MISS)

Loot: 7

Mina suddenly jumped out of the tree, startling the large wolf, and drove her blade into it several times, the gold, red, and faint pink auras that it threw off indicating the activation of both her weapon enhancements, as well as a critical hit. the wolf howled in agony as the bleed tacked away an additional 12 health from its health bar. It was so dazed from it that its next attack was far and away a total miss. It almost made mina feel bad for it... key word being almost. It felt nice to finally be able to murder a Loot-standard mob without any issues, and it definitely felt good to not be hit repeatedly by a loot-standard monster. She smiled a bit when she realized that this might actually be easier than she thought.

Mina: 280/280 HP, 21/28 EN, 26 MIT, 4 base damage, (8+, 12 DMG per turn)T1 Bleed,  3 ACC, 1 Keen ( Active ), EVA 1

Dire Wolf: 93/140 HP , 42 DMG (BLEED: 1/2)

Spoiler

ID# 115513 results:

Battle: 5 (+4 (1 Keen + 3 ACC)= 9, Success! 4*6= 24 DMG to Dire Wolf!)

Craft: 5

Loot: 17

ID# 115514 results:

Battle: 2 (-1 is 1, MISS)

Loot: 13

Mina deadpanned when she realized that the boar was having a rough time trying to hit her, so she resolved to make it easier for it to land a hit within the next turn. It was pretty one-sided at this point, and it nearly made her face-fault at the thought of how she used to fare against loot-standard monsters. She clearly remembered getting her arse kicked by a loot-standard Wasp that would have easily killed her had she not been rescued by itzal. and then that damnable lava slug she ran into. She shuddered inwardly, and resolved to never encounter something like that ever again. Never again. Not even if someone asked her nicely. It was too much of an embarrassment for her, and just a straight up source of shame getting beaten up by something that belonged in a damn Pokemon game!

Mina: 280/280 HP, 16/28 EN, 26 MIT, 4 base damage, (8+, 12 DMG per turn)T1 Bleed,  3 ACC, 1 Keen ( Active ), EVA 1

Dire Wolf: 57/140 HP , 42 DMG (BLEED: 0/2)

Spoiler

ID# 115516 results:

Battle: 5 (5 + 3= 8, SUCCESS! 4*6= 24 DMG to Dire Wolf!)

Craft: 2

Loot: 4

MOB: 3

ID# 115517 results:

Battle: 7 (-1 is 6, Success. (42-26= 16 DMG to mina)

Craft: 8

Loot: 4

Mina winced when she ended up getting hit by the mob finally, and a yelp of surprise echoed out of her mouth when she realized that she had hardly taken any damage from the mobs attack, and wasn't getting too hurt by it. It was already lots of fun to fight it, and it was hardly even posing a challenge for her. She smiled tiredly, before pushing off of the ground once again, and leaping onto a different surface, this time it was a large boulder that rested near the base of a tree. Mina crouched on the boulder, a bored expression overpowering her usually annoyed or distant expression. Mina was less bored, as that would be too weak of a word. No, she was just getting impatient with this current situations, only wanting it to go ahead and get over with.

Mina: 264/280 HP, 11/28 EN, 26 MIT, 4 base damage, (8+, 12 DMG per turn)T1 Bleed,  3 ACC, 1 Keen ( Active ), EVA 1

Dire Wolf: 33/140 HP , 42 DMG (BLEED: 0/2)

Spoiler

ID# 115518 results:

Battle: 3 (+ 4 (1 Keen + 3 ACC) = 7, Success! 4*6= 24 DMG to Dire wolf)

Craft: 5

Loot: 11

ID# 115519 results:

Battle: 10 - Hyper Crit, 44 - 26= 18 DMG to mina

Loot: 7

Mina cursed angrily when she got flung from the rock, landing on her back several feet away from the rock after the Boar had tackled her off of the Boulder. She shouldn't have gotten cocky over it. Stupid stupid stupid! Mina got back up, and rushed the dire wolf once again, and dealt enough damage to knock it into critical condition. It had just under 10 health, and it seemed angrier than earlier. Mina simply shrugged at her current situation, before her face curled into a smirk as she prepared to use a different strategy, one that should get her better rewards than just by normal standards.

Mina: 246/280 HP, 6/28 EN, 26 MIT, 4 base damage, (8+, 12 DMG per turn)T1 Bleed,  3 ACC, 1 Keen ( Active ), EVA 1

Dire Wolf: 9/140 HP , 42 DMG (BLEED: 0/2)

Spoiler

ID# 115520 results:

Battle: 2 (+ 3= 5, MISS)

Loot: 2

MOB: 9

ID# 115521 results:

Battle: 3 (-1 is 2, MISS)

Loot: 18

Mina simply laid down, flopping over with a look of exhaustion on her face. She had been chased repeatedly by the mob, the creature getting even more irritated by the second. It wasn't fun at all any more. It was just tedious at this point, and now she was just worried that she was going to get mauled by a giant wolf that was furious with her.... Needless to say, it wasn't very high on her list, and it wasn't something that she wanted to do again. Unless it was to help out a newbie player, then she'd gladly go out of her way to do so. It was her responsibility as a stronger player to use herself as a meat shield in order to save younger and less experienced players. It was what she felt was her duty.

Mina: 246/280 HP, 5/28 EN, 26 MIT, 4 base damage, (8+, 12 DMG per turn)T1 Bleed,  3 ACC, 1 Keen ( Active ), EVA 1

Dire Wolf: 9/140 HP , 42 DMG (BLEED: 0/2)

Spoiler

ID# 115523 results:

Battle: 9 (Minor Crit! +1 to base, bleed is active, keen is active! 3*5= 15 DMG to Dire wolf!)

Craft: 6

Loot: 1

ID# 115524 results:

Battle: 2

Craft: 3 (2 Bonus T1 Materials)

Loot: 19 (2 Bonus T1 Materials, 1x Perfect Consumable, 1x Rare Trinket)

Rewards total: 840 Col, 4 T1 Mats, 1x Perfect Consumable, 1x Rare Trinket

Mina smirked as her weapon easily managed to cleave through the wolf one last time, her blade glowing with three colors once more, and it let out a final howl of defeat before finally disappearing from sight after shattering into thousands of glowing polygons. It was a happy sight to behold, and mina slumped down to the ground, eyeing her rewards from fighting the behemoth of a creature. It was a nice haul, and more than likely meant a trip to a merchant since she needed them to be identified. Needless to say, she was pleased with the end result, even though she had to play chicken with a giant dog. At least she didn't have any problems taking the big jerk down, which was strange given her usual luck in combat.

Mina: 246/280 HP, 5/28 EN, 26 MIT, 4 base damage, (8+, 12 DMG per turn)T1 Bleed,  3 ACC, 1 Keen ( Active ), EVA 1

Dire Wolf: 0/140 HP , 42 DMG (BLEED: 0/2)  DEAD!

Spoiler

ID# 115525 results:

Battle: 1

Craft: 10

Loot: 9 - no treasure for mina XD

Mina decided to take another look around the area, climbing into a tree for a better vantage point. She watched in excitement as several large bats flew past her, heading into the evening sunlight. It was almost sundown now... meaning that she had been out almost the entire day! Mina shrugged, and simply laid down in the crook of the tree she was currently perched in. Nothing was of dire importance at the current moment, so it wasn't necessary for her to drop everything and head back to town immediately, so she didn't need to leave her perch anytime soon. and besides, even if she did need to leave for whatever reason, she could just leap across the trees to reach town. That was the good part of this particular hunting ground being so close to town.

Mina: 256/280 HP, 5/28 EN, 26 MIT, 4 base damage, (8+, 12 DMG per turn)T1 Bleed,  3 ACC, 1 Keen ( Active ), EVA 1