[SP|F02]We’re breaking free <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>

Shiro walks across the fourth floor looking around for his sister. I thought I’d find her around here. I guess she went up a few floors. He looks around and sees an NPC by a rock waving the player over to him. Shiro looks to either side of him to see if anyone is around him, and reaching the conclusion that he is alone he makes his way over to the NPC and smiles. “What do you want done?” He asks in an attempt to get the NPC to tell him how to get to the other side of the boulder. When the old man explains that the boulder must be broken, the boy sighs and looks at the rock in his path. So apparently this is close to an immortal object. Bull crap, that seems like a hyperbole to try to get me intrigued. Too bad, I don’t care whether this thing is broken. Then the old man says he saw a girl in all white cross a few minutes before the rock fell into place and Shiro raises looks at the man. He turns back to the rock and begins to think of a good spot to strike.

Shiro runs towards the rock and slams his fist into it as hard as he can, but his wrist buckled and his hand gives way. I should probably lock my wrist from now on. Maybe then I won’t be so pathetic when I hit it. Maybe then I’ll do some damage. He looks at the rock’s health and looks back at the rock. “This is a drag.” He says, walking back to the old man and looking at the rock from a short distance. This quest is gonna be annoying isn’t it? Well that’s just dandy. I wish she was here. He looks at the old man then back at the rock. No immortal object pop up appeared, so I guess it can be broken. Maybe it has a weak spot. Or maybe I just can’t see what I’m doing wrong. He looks up at the rock and tilts his head. It’s pretty big, maybe it’s too dense to break. Wait, that would mean this game is way too realistic. And anyways, I could just move faster to increase force on still a small percentage of the surface area of the rock to increase pressure. That would shatter it instantly.

ID:  106236

BD: 2 + 2 = 4

Miss

Huginn: 20/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 1 DMG

Boulder: 50/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

Shiro’s legs push him towards the rock as he launches his fist forward. His arm moves across the face of the boulder before he was close enough and he slams into the rock. Like I said, a drag. I can’t do this without her though. I need to make sure that I can protect her. Lord knows she can’t protect herself. He pulls up his fists and begins to think back to all the fights he saw his dad break up, and all the fights he had seen on tv and what they all had in common. The men in those fights always seemed to be bigger than him, but he never cared enough to be affected by it. Why would I care if they’re bigger than me? It doesn’t affect me in any way other than I am smaller than them. His hands in front of his face, he focuses on the boulder and looks at the ground under his feet. “I have a plan, but it might need work.” He says, looking at the few pebbles sprawled across the path way. They were in a sort of organized chaos, and there appeared to be no pattern to the lazy observer, but Shiro clearly saw a true line.

ID: 106239

BD 2 + 2 = 4

Miss

boulder: 50/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

The player steps forward, slamming his fist into the rock. Though his wrist gave a little, he saw the bar drop about 2% and he smiled. Finally making headway. Maybe I’ll get this done in no time. He backs up, preparing for his next attack by looking at picturing the perfect hit and every way he could possibly mess it up. I know chances are she’s not on the other side, but I’d rather get the rewards for this quest and find out she isn’t than find out she is and not have done this at all. He looks at the pebbles again and notices a new pattern. It was as if his punch rang through the earth and moved the pebbles on the ground. Must be stronger thanI thought. Either that or the team spawn time on those pebbles is really low. Though that would waste energy that I’m sure the system needs. No energy no system, no system no game. No game no players, no players no sister. His fists clench tighter and he breathes for a second. “You can do this. Maybe if you do this, you’ll get stronger.” He drawschis fist back.

ID: 106241

BD: 7 + 2 = 9

Basic attack on Boulder

50 - 1 = 49 HP

Boulder: 49/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

Shiro’s hand gets pushed towards the rock and it slams into the rock. The rock appeared to be fine, other than the slight crack from before. Maybe if I attack the crack I could do more damage. He clenches his fists and tilts his head. If she is on the other side, then I’m taking too long. He looks round and sees the sun is already setting. Crap, it’s already getting late. He raises his fists, wanting to get this done as fast as he can. No way am I losing this fight against a rock. Maybe I can break it tonight. She won’t be over there, but I can’t just give up mid fight. Dad always told me, that If feel the need to fight, then I should never give up. It’s my one responsibility to watch her and I’m failing right now. His hand moves back and slams against the canyon wall and an immortal object window pops up. Damn it, I need to do this fast. If I don’t she might lose Hope. We’re supposed to fight together.

ID: 106274

BD: 2+2=4

miss

Boulder: 49/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

Shiro looks at the crack and looks at his fist. You can do this Shiro.Your dad taught you how to punch and your sister might be on the other side. He runs up the wall and pushes himself towards the rock. He lets out a shout and slams his fist into the rock, and sees its health drop a little more. “Just about 48 more of those and I should be able to break the rock.” He smiles. Not many people have ever seen his smile. His sister being one of three to have seen it. He steps back satisfied with the damage he had done to the rock and looks around. If I was smaller, I could squeeze through. Then I wouldn’t have to break the rock. He looks at the sun that was now almost entirely gone and turns back to the rock. Wasting my time here is annoying. I might as well just try and push the rock out of the way. This is gonna be a while. He begins to think of his sister and he tilts his head towards the rock. “It’s time you break.” He steps towards the rock and draws his fist back. If this rock wasn’t in my way, I could look to see if I really was navigating towards my sister. He opens his menu and notices his sister is still on his friends list. She isn’t even on this floor? Are you kidding me? God I hate these NPCs. No way this is worth my time.

ID: 106276

BD: 5 + 2 = 7

Hit

49 - 1 = 48 HP

Boulder: 48/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

The player pushes his hand forward, slamming it into the rock and stumbling back. His eyes shift up and see the crack grow, and the health bar drop. So I don’t have to hit it hard, I just have to hit it right. He drops his arms and puts them in his pocket. Maybe I could kick it next time, that would be cool. Though if it doesn’t do damage, It could hurt. He pulls down his black hood and shakes his head. His hair was medium length and his face was expressionless. If it’s night, no one will see me coming. I have to get through here to get to my sister. She’s everything to me. “She is everything.” He looks at the rock and leans against the canyon wall. She’d have this done by now. It’s been an hour and I’ve done nothing but tickle the rock. He smiles. If rocks could talk that one would be laughing. He slides down to a sitting position, pulling out a samdwich and taking a bite. This is good, but it lacks true flavor. It could be better. But it could also be worse. I wonder what I have the skills to make. Maybe I could fight a monster and use it to make potions. Or I could cook food. A laugh rings through the canyon. I can’t cook, that requires knowledge of the items in the game.

ID: 106277

Hit

48 - 1 = 47 HP

Boulder: 47/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

The boy pushes his hand at the rock and nothing happens. I guess I didn't hit it hard enough. Maybe I should try hitting it harder. He steps back again. He sits down against the house of the NPC who gave him the quest. "Hey old man, it would help if you taught me a few techniques." He shouts while against the wall. He doesn't like to talk, but will if he has to. I wish she was here, it would make this much easier and would take about half as long. Maybe she would've remembered to bring potions to help us do damage. Then we would've been able to get through here twice as fast. His mind begins to race, thinking of everything he would tell her about when he finally saw her again. I would tell her about all zero friends I've made, and how I learned to beat up a rock. Oh and how much time she owes me. I've spent two years looking for her and I know she's alive, I check my friends list every day. If she died, I wouldn't be able to live my life.

ID: 106279

BD: 1 + 2 = 3

Miss

Huginn: 20/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 1 DMG

Boulder: 47/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

Shiro runs back and jumps up, kicking the rock in a swift but strong manner. He sees it drop twice as far this time, making his job a little bit easier. Finally, a break. I was hoping I’d catch one. He moves back to his spot and sits. Damn, I wish Misako was here. She’d be talkin and cracking jokes. He smiles at the thought of his sister and stands up. “If she’s not on the other side I’m killing this old man.” He says, pulling his hood over his medium black hair. That crack isn’t nearly big enough to exploit just yet. Maybe if I can hit it at the right angle I could do serious damage. He examines the rock, thinking of the proper angle he can hit it at, minimizing the damage on his hand and maximizing the push on the rock. 45 degrees would skin my hands. He looks at his hand and he nods. If I do this quest and get a good enough reward, I might just have to farm this quest. Or I could use this to test my abilities when I get stronger. Either way, I can just keep doing this over and over again. He looks around to try and find any identifying landmarks to memorize the location of this area.

ID: 106287

BD: 9 + 2 = 11

1 + 1 = 2 DMG

47 - 2 = 45 HP

Boulder: 45/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

The boy jumps up and spins, his foot catching the crack in the rock and he pushes off as hard as he can, flipping back and landing a few meters away from the boulder. I'm making better damage now, but not enough. His eyes move over the surface of the rock and he examines the crack. He moves over to the side of the little canyon and leans against the wall with his hands in his pockets, thinking of his next move. The movements seem to be exactly what I want to do, so it appears the limit is my imagination. Good thing I watched all of those crappy kung fu movies and all of those anime. It's nice being a certified genius sometimes. He smiles laying his head back and closing his eyes. Shiro's eyes open and he notices it is morning and he worriedly looks up at the rock and sighs in relief. I thought it would've reset. Thank god it didn't, I would've just walked away right here. He pulls up his fists to a stance.

ID: 106300

BD: 9 + 2 = 11

Hit

1 + 1 = 2

45 - 2 = 43 HP

Boulder: 43/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

Shiro winds up his fist and slams it into the rock watching the health bar drop a little. Thank the heavens I am doing constant damage now. It’s a decent amount but I could be doing more. I should’ve brought something to help me do damage faster. He steps back and looks at the crack that now covered a good 10% of the rock. He clenched his fist and slams it into the rock wall. This is really draining me, but I can’t stop now. Not until the rock is broken. His hood covers his head and he slides on sunglasses. His straight face moves to look at the horizon and he pulls his hands up and puts them in his pocket. He takes off his black jacket and it reveals a tight black shirt. It shows his toned but not big body. He looked like he was made of pure muscle, not much muscle, but it is super defined. He looks down at his white bird necklace and smiles. “One day I’ll see you again Misako.” He smiles.

ID: 106323

BD: 4 + 2 = 6

Hit

43 - 1 = 42 HP

Boulder: 42/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

Shiro readies his attack and moves towards the rock. He stops with one foot, twisting and pushing his hand forward and slamming it into the rock. This is getting easier, but I can’t do this fast enough. I have to find Misako, so I can function as a normal person. He hand pulls the necklace up to his eyes and he examines it closely. Once I find you again, I’m never letting go. You were my better half, my stronger half. And you disappeared, so I’ll hold you tightly. He looks at the health bar that was now close to 20% lower than the start. I need to attack faster, because it’s my duty to never back down. And I have to fulfill that  Duty so as to not let down my father. Or my sister. If I gave up here, she’d give me hell. He chuckles. It appears that just that small almost impossible chance that his sister is on the other side has already made him happier. “Next time I’ll break it quicker.” He says, pulling his fists up and smiling.

ID: 106354

BD: 4 + 2 = 6

Hit

42 - 1 = 41 HP

Boulder: 41/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

Shiro pushes his entire body and hand into the rock and a loud crack rings through the canyon. His eyes shift to the health bar and it drops a little yet again. Instead of dropping more health, I’m dropping my own damage. He puts his hands in his pockets and begins to look depressed. It’s just gonna take more time to get to the other side. He pulls his inventory up and checks his friends list for his sister’s name and sees it. “Thank the lord. If she’s died I would kill myself.” He says. He pulls his fists up and he smiles. This game is fun if you know how to do anything useful. The boy’s hands move to his pockets and he laughs. Too bad I have non of those skills. He equips his sweatshirt and pulls his hood up, putting on sunglasses.

ID: 106355

Hit

41 - 1 = 40 HP

Boulder: 40/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

Shiro’s legs push him upwards as he spins around. He flips in the air and pushes his hand forward, punching the direct center of the rock and his eyes dart to the health bar. It had dropped a whole 6% from that one hit. A smile crosses the boy’s face as he realized that his plan to hit the crack had worked. If I just focus that spot, I might break it sooner rather than later. Which means I might see Misako again. He looks down at his necklace and smiles. It’s been so long, I need to see her again before I crack. If I don’t see her, I might lose it. He begins to scrunch his face and he clenches his fist. We have to get back to the town of beginnings one day. He pulls his hands back and slides them in his pockets yet again. “I’m gonna get this done. I have to, I owe it to everyone that cares about me.” He slides out his hands and claps. I have to do this, but It’s gonna take a long time. So I’ll just have to sleep, eat and fight here. Do this non stop, and I’ll get it done soon.

ID: 106372

BD: 10

1 + 2 = 3 DMG

40 - 3 = 37 HP

Boulder: 37/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

Shiro runs towards the rock and slams his fist into it. And without a second in between starts drawing back his other fist. Just like all those times those kids messed with Misako. Just like when someone said my mom was a b*tch. Just like when that kid pushed me down. This rock has to be broken on the playground. And I have to be the one to break it. My sister is depending on me, my mother is depending on my sister, and my father is depending on my mother. If I ever get to see you again, I’m gonna be different. I’m gonna be more fun and less of a shy guy. He closes his eyes and places his hand that hasn’t been drawn back onto the surface of the rock. “You will be shattered soon enough.” He slowly pushes his hand into the rock as if he was acting like he was going to punch it. Like he did when he was playing with his sister. Playing make believe in the backyard. Weirdly enough, she was never the princess. But I always was protecting her. Thank god I grew before we played this game. It was the month or two before the game, when I finally got taller than her.

ID: 106455

BD: 6 + 2 = 8

Hit

37 - 1 = 36 HP

Boulder: 36/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

Shiro slams his fist into the rock and grunts. I need to get this done. If I don't I might have to give up to go home and continue my search for Misako. He looks down to his necklace and a tear rolls down his face. I'm overreacting, I need to calm down. Misako would give me hell if she saw this. He moves back and sits down looking at the rock in front of him. "This is gonna destroy me on levels that I didn't know were there." He puts his hands in his pocket and closes his eyes. He smiles and looks at the rock again. You deserve to be broken. And I plan to break you for blocking my path. He makes a face of an angry man and he pulls his hands out of his pockets. He begins to walk over to the rock and chuckles. This is how the rock breaks. He pulls his hand back.

ID: 106462

Hit

36 - 1 = 35 HP

Boulder: 35/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

Shiro looks at the rock with a tightly clenched fist and punches at it. His foot lands on a rock and moves out of the way, knocking him off balance and he falls on his side. Well that sucked. I guess I’m gonna have to watch where I step now so I don’t frickin die. Damn. That actually hurt a little. I should’ve looked for Misako before doing this, but she would just be laughing the whole time. He struggles back to his feet, worn out from fighting the rock for two straight days and he puts his hands in his pockets. This would be much easier with more people, but I couldn’t ask someone to help, they might think I’m weak, or annoying, or mean. Though their feelings don’t really affect how I play, they might become violent thoughts and manifest into a real action. They might try to kill me. He pulls his hood up and laughs. Why would I care what they think? He chuckles slightly. “It’s about damn time I broke this rock.” He puts his hands behind his head.

ID: 106663

Miss

Boulder: 35/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

Shiro runs forward and slams his hand into the rock in an exhausted attempt to do something to further the damage to the rock. His eyes shoot up towards the health bar displayed in front of the rock. A small raise of one eyebrow shows his interest in how his plan had worked for now. I need to keep this going, but can’t find the energy to raise my fists. He looks down at the floor. If I do this properly, I can break this rock pretty darn fast. He backs away from the rock and sits down. For now my best bet is to sit and make sure I don’t kill myself trying to break this rock before I have the actual ability to do so. He pulls his hood up and starts to hum some music. It was a song his sister played for him whenever he got scared that his dad wouldn’t come home. A song that always seemed to keep his nerves down in a way that only his sister and this song could do. Nothing else worked at all. He’d either get mad, or start to go insane. This is the song that kept me going. And it will keep me going for as long as I live.

Spoiler

ID: 107353

BD: 8

Hit

35 - 1 = 34 HP

Boulder: 34/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

Shiro punches the rock once more. He smirks as the crack grows and the health bar drops. This seems to be getting easier by the minute, but harder by the hour. I guess I’ll have to work faster if I ever want to get this done. He walks away and begins to hum the song from before yet again, this time because it was stuck in his head again, not because he was nervous. Having damaged the rock enough to be satisfied for a bit, he sits down and catches his breath. Though his break can’t be long, he has to take one or he’ll give up or die. Though he’d rather die than give up, his sister would never forgive him if he died. Misako would give me hell if I don’t finish this or die trying. She’d die, find me and pull my ear down to yell at me. He jumps up and begins to walk towards the rock, placing his hand on it once more. This would be much easier if I could just hit you with my spear. He places one hand on his spear, the other still on the rock.

ID: 107542

Hit

34 - 1 = 33 HP

Boulder: 33/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

Shiro slams his fist into the rock. Dropping his arms he spins and leans against the Boulder he had been trying to destroy. “I have to finish this soon. It’s almost been two days and I’ve gotten pretty much nowhere.” He stands back up. His breath heavy and his knees shaking. He wasn’t near his limit, but without a drink and no food either, he was getting weak and he knew it. It’s been 46 hours since I last ate and 20 since I last drank. I should be fine until I finish this rock, but that’s if I make sure to get food right after. He looks through his inventory and finds some water and bread. I should save this for when I absolutely need it, but I could drink it now. His eyes shift over to the durability and he pulls them out, forgetting that the durability was incredibly low, and they disappear in his hands. I should’ve eaten it faster, now not only will I be tired, but starved. Great.

ID: 107572

Miss

Boulder: 33/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn