[SP|F02]We’re breaking free <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>

Huginn steps back and runs forward, jumping up and spinning, slamming his fist into the center of the crack and watching the destruction expand. “It’s getting easier as the time goes on.” He tilts his head. As it should, every hit drops the integrity ever so slightly, and that makes the damage done grow over time. Or at least that’s how it would work in the real world. In here it just means I’m getting better at hitting this stupid rock. He steps back once more and starts to sing with his apparently amazing voice. His elegant song rings through the canyon and he closes his eyes, losing himself in the music he sings.

He stops his song and looks around, hoping no one was near by and heard his delightful tune. If they had, Shiro night have to kill them. It would certainly be easier than running away or just standing and talking. He never cared if people died, so he was willing to take a life to protect his sister, but only if he had to. The programs would fall before Shiro if one of them were to fall, because Shiro wouldn’t give up until the blue pixels float through the air, whether they be his or the monster’s. Or in this case, the rock’s.

Spoiler

ID: 108018

BD: 10

1 + 2 = 3 DMG

33 - 3 = 30 HP

Huginn: 20/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 1 DMG

Boulder: 30/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

Shiro pulled up his fists again. The anger from all the times he had fought before, both in the real world and in this one, had swelled up and reached the brim. This is like when I fought that group of four bullies for messing with Misako. With that one thought in his mind, the boy launched his fist forward, faster than he ever has before. A loud crack echoes through the canyon, shooting back to Shiro’s ears as he stands panting next to the rock. A bead of sweat falls to the ground and he looks at the HP of the rock, which was close to halfway destroyed. “This Damage is satisfactory for now. The further attacks can wait.” He says, turning to sit on a rock and rest so he doesn’t faint from exhaustion. No way in hell was the kid letting that happen, he hadn’t seen his sister in two years, the slight chance of seeing her on the other side of the rock was too much to just give up on. I’ll find my way back to you. He closes his eyes for a second.

ID: 108034

BD: 9 + 2 = 11

Crit

1 + 1 = 2 DMG

30 - 2 = 28 HP

Boulder: 28/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

Shiro stands and charges towards the rock, launch in his fist forward but it buckles and he hurts his hand. “Ah, Damnit.” He says to himself. Normally an injury like that might mess you up a bit, but not only did the game absorb the majority of the pain, but Shiro also had hurt his wrists hundreds of times so he was more or less used to it. He looks down at the ground, still holding his wrist, and turns back and walks to sit on a rock. He instead chooses to sit on the ground due to the ground being sofer that the rock he had been sitting on. As the wind blows through Shiro’s medium hair, he sits looking at the sky listening to the world around him. Though he has is eyes shut, he pictures the world around him, seeing great beauty in every tiny detail. This world is nice, if you take the time to admire the nature. He looks around.

ID: 108049

BD: 2 + 2 = 4

Miss

Boulder: 28/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

The boy, having done so much damage runs forward towards the rock and slams his fist into the boulder. I need to finish this quickly, because if I don’t I’m just gonna get bored and give up. Also the boulder might reset as most games do. These games almost always do that once a week, but considering the health of this object and the damage I do, the game might give us up to two weeks. He begins to analyze the quests he has heard about and the time between the times he heard of the stories. A week and a half, maybe two weeks, I’ve been at this for a day. That leaves me with 13 days. He pulls his hood up and tilts his head. This is bothersome.

ID: 108138

BD: 6

Hit

28 - 1 = 27 HP

Bouder: 27/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

Shiro pulls his fist up and launches forward. His hand slams against the rock and smirks. The smirk morphs into a smile as he sees the health bar drop to about half. This is getting more and more bothersome as it goes on. Damn it, if she isn’t right there when I break this thing I’m killing the next player I see. “Like I would care enough to do that.” He smirks, sliding his hands into his pockets. His eyes move to the rock he had sat on the last few times he decided to take a short break from the battle at hand. “That’s comfortable, but not enough to be leering at.” He says, looking at his spear with almost a hatred in his eyes. To him that spear represents everything he hates about this game. It represents the game before he knew it was a trap. In a real fight Shiro would never use a spear, so all it does is remind him that he’s in a game. And that he may never see his sister again. That’s why he hates his spear. It’s his worst nightmare realized.

ID: 108185

BD: 6 + 2 = 8

Hit

27 - 1 = 26 HP

Boulder: 26/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

The player pulls his fist back and pushes it towards the rock. This is bothersome. It gets more so by the minute. He pulls his fist back and slides his hands in his pockets. This is the most tedious thing I've ever done. Other than learning the violin, but that was worth it. I don't even know what I'll get from this. He looks at the rock's health and looks at the crack noticing the health bar is half way empty. The player pulls up his hood and hides his face from the light that slowly began to fade over the horizon. "It's getting late, I should get some rest soon. Though that would make my job take longer. Also I have no idea how much longer I have until the reset." He sits down and looks at his stamina bar, It's worse than I thought, making this take longer is wrong. I should finish it soon.

ID: 108231

BD: 4 + 2 = 6

Hit

26 - 1 = 25

Huginn: 20/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 1 DMG

Boulder: 25/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

The boy pulls up his hands and nods. I can do this, not much further and it will be over. He reaches back and slams his fist into the rock. “The health is getting lower and lower by the minute. I guess I’ll keep going.” He backs up and looks at the rock’s health, noticing it is now in the yellow. Now the other side of the rock seems almost visible. I can see the light shining through. He sits down, looking at the rock and down at his necklace. I’m working on finding you. I can and will reach you Misako. His knuckles glowing red and his outfit covered in dirt shows that he had been working on this rock for a day or two now, and the only way you can see him is thanks to the torches left by the old npc who told the boy about this quest.

ID: 108270

BD: 8

Hit

25 - 1 = 24 HP

Boulder: 24/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

Shiro punches the rock and jumps up and off of the rock. He flips backwards and lands on his feet, spinning and standing straight up. He smiles. He pulls out his violin and begins to play a specific tune. It’s reminiscent of an old song from a movie just as old. It was almost like it was pure imagination. This is the song. I found it. Pure imagination from Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory. He plays, letting out a few lyrics from the song in a gentle voice. He strums the final chords and puts the violin away. He sits and makes an emotionless face. Yeah this is dumb. I hate this stupid quest. He pulls out his spear and practices with it in the air. “Can’t just sit around and waste time can I?” He sets his spear down and catches his breath. A bead of sweat rolls down his brow and he looks up at the sky.

ID: 108308

Hit

24 - 1 = 23 HP

Boulder: 23/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn
  • 2 weeks later...

Shiro backs up and slams his fist into the rock. The crack grows slightly and the boy nods, being happy with the damage he had done for now. I’ll do more when I rest up. Besides, doing a lot of work in such a short amount of time can really kill your hands. He looks at the health bar of the rock as it is noticeably below half now, and he tilts his head. I wonder how much longer I’ll be working towards breaking this rock. Maybe a day, maybe even two. I hope not much longer. He slides his hands into his pockets and sits down, watching the clouds move through the sky as the wind carried them through the air. That same wind pushes the boy’s hair around like a plow moves snow. He listens to the world of Aincrad’s playful tune of birds chirping and leaves rustling. He sits up in a hurry and looks around, thinking he heard footsteps, but just an old man appears, to ask if he had come far yet. “Not very, the rock’s face is cracked but it still holds strength to stand.” He balls a fist.

ID: 108559

BD: 5 + 2 = 7

Hit

23 - 1 = 22 HP

Huginn: 20/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 1 DMG

Boulder: 22/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

Shiro looks at the rock once more. This is taking forever. And it’s so boring. He pulls his hands out of his pockets and tilts his head. I need to crack this out as fast as I can. The longer I’m here the more it hurts my hands. He lunges forward, moving at incredible speeds and slams his fist into the rock. It’s time I finished this. He backs up and looks at his hand, his knuckles glowing red. It looks like when a player gets hurt by a monster. Like if he were to be fighting a boar and all it did was attack his knuckles. Every now and then a bright red pixel would fall from his hand and disappear into nothing. Just like the blood from real knuckle damage. The stinging is about the same too. This is just like the first time I fought a kid for messing with Misako. Back in fifth grade, he was calling her a nerd. So I took his face. He looks at the red knuckles with a grin on his face.

ID: 108589

BD: 4 + 2 = 6

Hit

22 - 1 = 21 HP

Boulder: 21/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

The boy’s hands collide with the rock as he backs away from the rock noticing it drop a tenth bellow half. I’m getting closer, not much longer and I’ll be able to look for Misako again. He slips his hood over his head hiding his short black hair. “Maybe she’s back on floor one.” He says, looking down at his black shoes that are torn to crap from walking around the floors nonstop. Maybe she’ll find me when I run my shop. Or if I play my music in public she’ll find me. He slips his hands into his pockets being satisfied with the damage he had done for that attack. I need to get focused again, keep calm Shiro, it’s when you’re call that you do the most Damage. His hands still glowing red to show the damage to his hands. Just like the real world you get used to the tingling. It would normally be bleeding badly, but I guess the game has to be censored. He slips his hands back into his pockets and looks down at his necklace.

ID: 108605

BD: 5 + 2 = 7

Hit

21 - 1 = 20 HP

Boulder: 20/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

Shiro drew his fist back once more, his hand comes flying in to collide with the rock. The rock’s health drops once more, making Shiro grin a little as he had done some extra damage to the one thing he had to for this quest. Man, doing quests is far more boring without Misako. Especially this quest. I should’ve prepared more for this. What if I break this rock and on the other side is a huge monster. Then I’ll have to worry about that. But I can deal, if it’s a monster I can use my spear. I just don’t want to break it on this stupid rock. He notices the cracks on the rock growing thicker and deeper now instead of covering a higher amount of surface area on the rock. So perseverance is the goal of this quest. Nice. Now that I know this quest’s goal, I can over come it far easier. He nods, knowing that if perseverance is key, he and his sister were made for this quest. They were both pretty bull headed, but Misako was far more stubborn than the boy. If she were here, we would’ve finished it much quicker just so she could get it done. He smiles, putting his hands in his pockets.

ID: 108730

BD: 7

Hit

20 - 1 = 19 HP

Boulder: 19/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

Shiro drew back his hand and throws it forward. The collision with the rock releases a crunch as Shiro’s hand grows a little more red and the rock grows a little more damaged. His smile grew with the crack on the rock’s face. He drew his hand back again, and before he could swing again, his body decided to quit on him. He wasn’t able to keep fighting. His body rejected the notion. While he tried to convince his legs to move, his breath was very heavy and his eyes were getting foggy. He was sleep deprived and starving and thirsty. He pulls out a flask and takes a nip. “The best drink is one in the heat.” He looks at the flask, revealing it to be full of sake. Sake being rice wine, the boy wasn’t expecting a buzz. He wasn’t even expecting a good drink. The lack of a refreshing taste made the boy’s lips shape and reveal the bitter nature of the drink. He slips the drink back into his inventory. Looks back at the rock’s health and nods, satisfied with the damage.

ID: 108761

19 - 1 = 18 HP

Boulder: 18/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

The boy’s unwavering will remained yet unbroken. The rock’s health bar remained the same, so the boy kicked up and jumped forward, slamming his fist into the rock. His hand slipped on the surface, revealing a red streak on the rock. It almost looked like when he used to punch trees, training his fists for defending his sister. I had to get stronger, so I spent hours every day trying to raise my pain tolerance. I lost so much time and ruined my hands, but it was worth it. His hands move into his pockets and flips his hood up. His sunglasses cover his eyes hiding the true emotion of regret behind his eyes. The player shoved this regret to the side, and he pulls his hands back up. The player glances up at the rock’s healthbar and smiles. He takes another drink and nods. This sake stuff really grows on you. They make this out of Rice, so I have no idea why my dad always tried hide his alcohol from me. Misako, thank you, I always followed the rules. You showed me that isn’t the way. He takes another sip and eats a cookie reminiscent of an Oreo.

ID: 108762

BD: 7

Hit

18 - 1 = 17 HP

Boulder: 17/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

The boy pulls up his fist, and launches it into the rock. His wrist buckles and he winces. The bottle in his inventory appears once more, the drink inside swishing as he takes another swig. The bite of the drink makes the boy nod. The flavor began to grow on him. The wind in the canyon however did not, and that made the matter of breaking the rock that much more tedious. His eyes couldn’t help but stare at the health bar, and can’t help but be disappointed over the fact that he messed up on that last hit. Something he hadn’t done in a good amount of time. It was aggravating to the boy because he had spent so many hours trying to make sure the pain wouldn’t get to him. It hurt him both physically and mentally to mess up so badly. I must be more tired than I thought, I should take a break. His hands slide into the pockets on his black jacket.

ID: 108763

BD: 2 + 2 = 4

Miss

Boulder: 17/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

Shiro pulled out his hands and launched forward, spinning and slamming his fist into the rock, his knuckles catching the cracks and doing an extra little bit of damage. He jumped backwards about 10 feet and spins on his heel. “This is getting fun.” He smiles as he had begun to enjoy the whole quest. His body had been in pain for a bit and He was finally feeling better. This might just take some less time than before. Hopefully I can keep it up. He slips his hands in his pockets and nods as he looks around. His mind was lookin at all possible attack angles and he notes them all in his head. This is gonna be way easier from here on out. I can’t think of a better way to complete this quest. He slips out a cup of warm coffee and he takes a sip. This is some good coffee, I forget where I got it but it’s pretty damn delicious. He nods, slipping it back into his inventory once again.

ID: 108847

BD: 9

17 - 2 = 15 HP

Boulder: 15/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn

Shiro lunges forward, slamming his fist into the rock. “Why is this stupid rock so damn tough? It doesn’t even move.” He hides under his hood as the rock’s health drops just a little. Seriously, nothing else in this game is like this, and they usually move. Why is this one so different. Also, this rock is the only breakable rock I know of, so it’s obvious this was gonna be a quest from the start. Kayaba, you’re a prick. The boy pulls out a cup of coffee and nods before taking another sip of the scalding hot, and also incredibly bitter drink. Why is it whenever I do something without Misako, something goes wrong? That just makes everything annoying. Why did I accept this stupid quest? It’s such a drag. He puts his hands in his pockets and sits down.

ID: 108935

BD: 8

Hit

15 - 1 = 14 HP

Boulder: 14/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Huginn