[F01 - PP] Finally, a well deserved breather. (With Zuel)

After the long fight against the two Giant Bats, Rithe was tired. In fact, she was just tired in general. It seemed as if she was jumping from quest to quest to quest over and over again without ever taking a few seconds to breathe. She sighs, exhaustedly as she and Zuel turn the child back over to her mother and they receive the rewards. And then Rithe remembers why Zuel was here, and began to feel extremely guilty. I relied on him again, didn't I? I need to not be such a pain.. Her attention was then brought to her slightly bolstered bank account. Well maybe I could...  "Hey Zuel?" She pauses, waiting for a response.  "Do you want to maybe stop at a cafe on floor one? My treat." She says, smiling warmly.  "I don't know about you, but I could definitely use the break..." If Zuel agrees positively, Rithe would walk with him towards the teleporter to head back down to the first floor. There's a lot less danger down there. Makes it easier to relax.  "Sorry for roping you into that boring quest back there." She says, sheepishly as they arrive, standing at the teleporter. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having turning in the quest with Rithe, Zuel had gained another level as he looked to her when she had called out his name. "Hm?" Zuel would think to himself for a second. Well I did finish all my work in my shop today so I guess it couldn't hurt. "Sure, I could use a break myself actually." After returning to the first floor Zuel would look around not having been back here for some time. He would shake his head to her apology. "You don't have to worry about it. I was able to level because of it after all and I was able to use my new sword skill as well, so It was good practice for me." They would reach the cafe that Rithe wanted to go to. "Actually I was more surprised by how much you had improved. You have really come a long way since when we first met." He would enter as there was a table close to the window, sitting across from her. "I guess we don't really know much about each other even though we have partied together a couple of times now."

Rithe seemed to deflate once she got into her seat at the cafe. She wasn't so much physically tired, as she was just exhausted in general. Shortly after they get comfortable, an NPC waitress approaches and asks what they'd like. Rithe hesitates, stopping herself from ordering a parfait. Too many bad memories associated with that. Let's try something simple. And with that in mind, she orders a small bowl of ice cream, strawberry flavored.  "I really haven't gotten that much stronger." she remarks, looking down at her still-wrapped hands.  "It's all thanks to this weapon. The tailor, Hei, did good work." She begins to slowly unwrap her hands and place the black cloth back into her inventory.  "Yeah..." she says, somewhat guiltily.  "We should know more about each-other if we plan to continue questing together." She says hesitantly, not willing to be the first one to share information. Should I lie to him? I don't think I could tell him about my past... Maybe I should try to tell him about the simple things, like small talk things. But then it would seem like I'm not interested in conversation.. argh! It was clear that she was struggling far more than necessary at this.

Zuel just ordered a cold drink as would watch Rithe, as she appeared to be having an inner battle with herself. Zuel thought of what to bring up since he wasn't really that great at interacting with others on a social level. "So what made you interested in playing Sword Art Online in the first place?" It was weird to think of it as a game after all Zuel had been through, it was almost more like their home now as until the game was beaten there was no going back. Zuel would inspect her a bit trying to get a closer look at her. "I would say you look around 18 years old so how come you choose to approach me in the first place? Usually kids around your age tend to avoid me." He would take a sip from his drink before leaning back in his chair as he would fold his arms staring at her. He wanted to ask her more personal question out of curiosity but decided it would probably be best not to knowing it probably would make her upset. 

She didn't exactly know what to do in this situation. Talking to people was certainly something she could do, but talking about her personal information might make her uncomfortable. Luckily for her, Zuel seemed to keep to the relatively simple questions. She was somewhat surprised by his first question however, wondering why he felt the need to ask her that again. Maybe because my answer back then was extremely evasive. She tries to think of a better answer to give but caves and gives a similar response to the first time she answered the question: "I.. uh.. just like MMOROG's. And I thought a virtual environment would be interesting." It wasn't a complete lie, but it certainly wasn't the entire truth either. "What about you? What drew you to SAO?" Zuel's next question was also a curious one, but one that she had a readily truthful answer for: "You seemed like you were strong, and I just kind of bumped into you. It was almost luck that we met." She said, and then retaliated with a question of her own. "Why do people my age avoid you? And also, why did you accept my unreasonable request?" 

Zuel would look at her suspiciously at her half hearted answer but decided to leave it at that for now. "I see." He would think back before deciding to get Sword Art Online and entering the game. "Well I had always been interested just RPGs in general because growing up the mmo part wasn't a thing. However I also work for a software company and really wanted to test the NervGear and so here I am." He would look at his hands making a fist and unclenching his hand. "I must say it is really impressive it almost feels exactly like the real world. It is to bad that it became a death game because this really is something amazing." He would look out the window barely able to make out the reflection of himself in it. "Well I guess they would rather to stick with people their own age and I guess I don't have the most inviting appearance so they tend to avoid me. I am a basically double the age of most players in this game" He would stare at her jacket which he did a couple of times now, trying to be a bit subtle about it. "You really seem to like that leather jacket. Even when we were in the desert you didn't even seem to take it off. Maybe you wouldn't of passed out if you did." He would finish his drink placing the empty glass on the table as the ice would clank. 

Edited by Zuel

He knows. Of course he knows. It was obvious that I'm hiding something. I just hope he doesn't get too upset about it. But with the curt response, Rithe winced ever so slightly. Maybe I should have just said I wasn't comfortable with answering... She listens carefully to her friend's next words, nodding but not giving much in the way of commentary. "Yeah, it really is something." There are so few differences between Aincrad and the real world, sometimes I can't help but confuse the two. "It's really interesting seeing someone like you here, since the target demographic of this game was probably for teenagers." And then she quickly tries to recover, realizing she might have said something rude. "Not trying to offend you. Sorry." She remains completely oblivious to Zuel's stares, only recognizing his curiosity when he speaks of it. Her friend mentions Father's Gift, and tries to explain to her the danger of wearing it during their sand blasted quest not too long ago. Instead of giving a proper answer, she just mumbles out an "Mmhmm." And goes to eating her ice cream.

Zuel gives her a weak smile. "You don't have to apologize about it. I knew before I even start playing that it would be something I would have to deal with but finding people like you make it easier to deal with quest with a party." He would look away not want to press it any further since her silence was more than enough of a hint that she didn't want to talk about it and it wasn't his place to ask in the first place it was something personal. Looking back to her he would clear his throat. "So how has you profession been going? I am sure being an alchemist must be very useful. I have been spending countless days hammering away in my shop so I managed to craft some gear for myself, although I am running low on resources." He would be given another drink place in front of him as he would pick it up and being to drink from it. "So do you like sweet things?" Looking down at her almost finished ice cream in front of her giving her a little smirk teasing her.

Edited by Zuel

She immediately feels terrible. Oh no.. I might have struck a nerve. Uhm, ahh, what to do now? She bows her head apologetically as Zuel explains to her that he was fully aware of what she had said. And when it came to her jacket, he didn't push her for information, causing her to breathe an almost unnoticeable sigh of relief. Not answering might have made things a little more awkward, but I'm glad he didn't bug me too much about it. She looks up at her friend from her bowl, I wonder if it were anyone else. Would they try and push it? I'm glad it's Zuel here with me then. "Alchemy? Oh right." She seems somewhat embarrassed by her lack of progress in that department but continues "I guess it could be useful, but I haven't been able to do too much on account of not having any materials. So I guess we can relate in that department." Interested in his craft, Rithe asks "Have you made anything noteworthy?" She keeps scarfing down her dessert, stopping only when Zuel brings it up. She laughs slightly, "I guess you could say that." And then she sighs, "I just kind of want something that will help me feel more energetic. And maybe later to help me sleep." 

Zuel would laugh lightly to her response. "Well the sword I was using turn out to be perfect." He would pull out his blade placing it on the table it was in a well crafted leather sheath as well. "I put a lot of work in it so it should last me until I able to use tier 2 weapons. Who knows how long that will be. I am still working on crafting on a perfect armor as well but I don't have the resources to try anymore." He would put his sword back to his side slipping it into his belt latching it back on. "I would offer to make you something but I don't know how to craft wrappings." He would laugh lightly. More time would pass as they sat there talking to each other. "Do you have any plans after this? Maybe you could show me your shop." He would ask as he would drink from his drink once again but this time taking a bigger gulp finishing it completely as the ice had melted this by this time and waitress would come over to take their things away. Zuel would lean back in his chair satisfied from the drinks.

She loses some of her tension when her friend laughs, relaxing some more. Good, hopefully I don't make him uncomfortable again. She looks at his weapon, impressed with his craftsmanship. "It must be super useful to be able to make something like that, that will last you until the next stage in the game. All I can do is make potions that are destroyed upon use and only give temporary bonuses." She stifles a laugh when he says he doesn't know how to make wrappings. "That's okay. Maybe I can get some armor from you in the future." She says, almost teasing. Time seems to pass quickly by. They have more shallow, yet pleasant conversations. Rithe relaxes more, but still skirts away from personal questions. "Plans? Other than going back into the fray of quest-taking? Not really, no." she listens to his offer, tilting her head ever-so-slightly. "If you want to see it, sure. It isn't all that great, but in return you have to show me your workshop too." At this point, there were at least five empty bowls of ice cream, and Rithe mirrors Zuel, leaning back in her seat, calmed by the cooling sensation. "Remember, I'm handling the bill." she says, eying him suspiciously. Trying to make sure he doesn't sneakily pay for anything.

Zuel would put his hands up shrugging. "Alright alright you win." Allowing her to pay for the meal. "I would like to see your workshop though and I will show you mine but it is on floor 9. It is a bit hot up there and in the workshop so I don't know if you will like it." He would get up from his seat rolling his shoulder to stretch it out as he looked to her allowing her to lead the way as they made the way to her workshop. It was alright dark now as the streets of the town of beginnings would be illuminated by street lights as the once terrified players were now wandering about enjoying their new every day life. Zuel trying to continue the small talk with Rithe would look toward her as they walked. "What will you do when we make it out of here? Like I am sure going back to every day life would be difficult but I am sure it will be possible with time." They would continue to a park area where the only light was from the bright moon above them.

She smiles sweetly as she takes the check from the waitress and sends the Col through the proper menus. Yeah, the temperature might be a problem. But despite saying this, she just shakes her head and says..  "I don't mind. I still want to see it." She waits as her friends stretches before getting up from her seat and stretching also. She thanks the waitress and the two of them make their way out into the streets of the starting city. She looks up at the sky, thinking about the stars... Are they actually simulated as if they were real stars or are they just colorful dots in a flat sky?  "When I make it out of here?" She had to think about that one. What am I going to do?  "I don't know... Maybe I'll go see the world. Explore or something like that. Everyday isn't all that, anyways. After a death game like this, I'd want to do something." She says this, still unsure of what that something is.  "What about you? What will you do?" They continue through the park area, arriving in a deserted alleyway.  "It's just up here..." She comes to a stop in front of a basement entrance, and looks at Zuel expectantly. 

Zuel would think about it for a minute. "Hmm. Well I think I will probably want to take a break from my job before trying to create something better than Sword Art Online. The full dive technology has so much potential and we have only scratch the surface. It could be used for so much more than just gaming as well so I wish to do something amazing with it." Zuel would approach her work shop looking at the entrance. "Is it in here? I guess purchasing a shop in a remote location would be very expensive. Seems perfect to create potions though." He would walk up to the entrance looking over his shoulder at Rithe. "Well? Shall we go inside I want to see what kind of potions you have created." Zuel seemed very interested to see the benefits of the potions alchemist can make in order to give him an edge in combat. Before deciding on becoming a blacksmith. Zuel had considered his option of becoming an alchemist but ultimately decided against it. "Maybe you can be my own personal alchemist" He would laugh lightly.

"I can agree with you on that front... but after this.. fiasco..I don't think I could trust full dive again." After Zuel questions her about her workshop, Rithe nods in affirmation. "Yeah, this is it. It isn't that fantastic, so don't get your hopes up too much." She listens to her friend's comments before continuing, "The cool environment helps keeps the potions somewhat refrigerated." She walks down the steps to the iron door, unlocking and opening it, gesturing for Zuel to enter. Inside, the floor and walls are made of layered stone. A makeshift bedroll lies near the door. Shelves filled with jars holding various items and completed crafts line the walls. At the far wall away from the door lies the workbench with a cauldron, a mortar and pestle, a distiller, empty pots and vials, and ingredients for crafting. A small clay pot is filled with a rust colored paste, sitting on the table. It appears as though this rust colored paste was Rithe's last craft. "Personal alchemist?" She says, raising an eyebrow and looking at her friend curiously. "Well if you think you could use something, I'll give you a discount." 

Zuel would take a look around picking up various things inspecting them and placing them back into the spot he found them. "So you made most of these potions?" He would walk over to her work bench and smile. "It seems like you have been working hard. You really have come a long way. What level did you manage to get your skill?" Would look down the line of all the crafts she had completely trying to read the labels to see what kind of potions they were. "I have ever use one potion before. It was a safeguard potion that protected me from a powerful enemy's first attack. What other potions have you crafted that are useful?" Zuel seemed extremely interested in the potions wanting to learn more about the different type of potions that could increase his combat capabilities as well as protecting him from damage or other elements. Outside the weather began to change as the could hear rain at first and then suddenly thunder. The rain would patter against the the wooden parts of her shop.

She looks on anxiously as her friend picks through the various items and such laying about on her tables and shelves. "Well... There are a lot of failures, so be careful and don't drink any without coming to me first." And then quieter, mumbling to herself: "All of them were failures." She smiles gently when he notices her works, "I only got to level three before I ran out of materials." Unfortunately, as Zuel tries to read the labels of the various vials and potion bottles, he finds that not one of them is legible. Rithe seems embarrassed by what was obviously her failed attempts at potions, and tries to direct him to a series of clay jars. "Potions are still a little bit out of my reach." She says, sheepishly. "I've made a few salves, but nothing terribly exciting. Mostly just weak healing agents or antidotes." She squirms slightly, upset that she doesn't have all that much impressive to show off. "The most interesting I've made is the carapace potion. In fact, it may or may not be the only potion I've ever successfully made." she comments. Rithe looks up at the sudden sound of rain hitting the building atop her workshop. 

Zuel would continue to look around and then smile at her lightly. "Every failure makes you better. I am only level 3 in blacksmithing as well because I haven't had time to farm for materials as well. Maybe we can search for some together sometime soon." The lightning would strike hard outside as it sounded close as the rain began to pick up seeping through the cracks in the shop but nothing to serious. "I guess even in the town of beginnings it can be dangerous. I wanted to head to my shop next but I think we should wait out the storm." He would pull up a chair and sit down crossing his arms as he looked to see if there was a fireplace anywhere around to light the area a bit. "My workshop is deep on floor 9. I guess it isn't the best place to sell items since it is so out of the way but it is a good location for my profession and a good escape when I just want to be by myself for awhile. But ofcourse I enjoy your company Rithe."

Edited by Zuel

"In a literal sense, I think you're correct." She says in response to her friend's encouragement. "That sounds like a good idea. I hate searching for materials alone anyways." Rithe jumps at the sound of the lightning, startled. She laughs it off, but it clearly caught her off guard. The ceiling begins leaking, dripping into carefully prepared pots. I've been meaning to fix those for the longest time. Not that I'd know how... "Yeah, maybe we should. Getting soaked doesn't sound like a good idea." Hopefully it doesn't last too long. I don't want to bore him anymore in this dreary cellar. The temperature begins to drop quickly, ah yes, the unfortunate side effect. Her breath began to fog up, and she looks nervously at Zuel. "I can understand that." She says, nodding. She smiles a little when mentions that he appreciates her company. "Likewise." She says simply. She keeps glancing over at her friend, clearly worried about something. She gets up and heads towards her workshop, starting the fire. Her intent was to warm the room up, but the small furnace wasn't outputting as much heat as she would have liked. "I think I have just enough for..." she murmurs quietly to herself as she takes ingredients from their places and mixes them into the cauldron, whipping up a gray liquid and pouring it delicately into a jar. She walks over to Zuel and hands it to him. "This should help make you a bit more comfortable. I know it doesn't look very appetizing, sorry about that." She doesn't sit until he drinks it all, refusing to accept it for herself. After this, she sits on the floor, and wraps herself in her bedroll. 

Effects of the potion:

Spoiler

(VANITY) Rithe-brand Comfort potion

A gray liquid similar to the color of Rithe's eyes sits in the ornate vial. Upon consumption, the user's body temperature very slightly adjusts itself based on the surrounding air temperature. In this case, it would make Zuel feel about 20 degrees warmer. Lasts for 3 hours. Side effects may include: a lingering taste of sour apple. 

Zuel would look at her curiously not even realizing that the weather was dropping a bit as she handed him the jar. He didn't really mind the cold actually a bit used to it from his days in the field a long time ago. "Thats alright Rithe, Why don't you take it since you seem to be a bit could yourself." He would kneel down handing it to her instead patting her on the head. "You should try thinking about yourself every now and then instead of worrying about the well being of others." The lightning outside would get pretty intense getting more and more furious as the raid would also become a bit hard as well. Zuel would sit next to her as he opened up his journal and began going over all the quest he had completed as well as his stats, equipment and skills he had acquired. "I have been looking over the skill list and it seems once you have a certain rank in your sword skill you can also apply mods to increase your power even further. I believe once I max out my sword skill this will probably be my next investment. What about you Rithe?" He would lean close to her to show here what he was talking about.