[PP-F5] Smiths and Snakes (Trinoko, Micahad1523, Seldentar)

Trinoko had gone down to the second floor where he and two smiths had agreed to meet. He had commissioned a suit of armor from one, and a spear from the other. He hoped for the set to synergize wonderfully, so they were going to both be made from the fangs of the large snakes that lived within the woods of the second floor. He had heard that if they slew enough of these snakes, a far larger one would come to greet them. It was this snake he truly wished to kill, and have a weapon fashioned from! While he waited for them at the edge of the main settlement he looked through the notes he usually kept, leaning against his spear which was stuck in the ground like a pole.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angel stretched as he walked down the street of his home floor. He was wearing his casual wear of a black shirt with tan cargo pants. A black bandanna was wrapped around his head, keeping his spiky white hair out of his eyes. His shield, Boar Basher, has strapped to his back with Boar Slasher, the newest addition to his arsenal, resting in it's sheath at his side. As he rounded the corner, he saw his guildmate, Trinoko, leaning on his spear and waiting for him. He grinned and waved at him. "Hey, Trin!" he shouted, a big smile across his lips.

Seld strolls out of his shop, still wearing his basic starter clothes and no armor. He had yet to find a tailor to make him new clothes, and he refused to settle for less then exactly what he wanted. Shadow walked behind him, the black haired fox happily following his owner everywhere he went. His sword, the was strapped to his back, and around his neck, the silver serpent necklace was chained. He sees his guildmates, and waves as he walks over.

"Hey guys, whats up? We ready to do this? I have some map data from the forest, its where I met Shadow. Its not nearly complete, but it should help."

Angel smiled at the familiar face of Seldentar as he approached them. "Hey man, small world." Then he became confused. "Forest data? You understand that we're going to Floor 5 to fight snakes right? Forest data might not work this time bud." He laughed as he looked between the two players.

Trinoko smiled, seeing the confusion and understanding it he chuckled and said "Okay, okay. Calm down everyone." He stands straight and pulls his spear out of the ground before resting it onto his shoulder. "We are going to hunt snakes on both floors. I figured we would wrap up the small fry here in preparation for the big guys. See our strategies, prepare. You know?" He shrugs "But if you guys object we could just skip that part. Wouldn't take that long anyways." He looks between the two of them curiously. They all dropped fangs, so it didn't much matter to him what was killed for them.

Trinoko nodded and took a cure crystal from his inventory and giving it a few tosses before catching it and returning it "I am fine with that. If we all pitch in we won't have to worry about poison for too long." He chuckles happily to himself and looks to Angel "All you. Want to just head up to the fifth floor and save us the time?" He tilts his head curiously "Keep in mind, if we kill enough snakes, we get a miniboss."

((OOC: For the sake of not dying, how about the snakes only poison on critical hit?))

Seldentar nods, moving with them then suddenly stopping for a second, grinning like an idiot.

"Oh yeah...just one more thing..."

He swipes his hand down, opening the system menu. Opening a trade window, he places an item into the window directed at Trinoko.

"Sorry, meant to be a surprise, didn't want to forget I had it though."

Trinoko raised a brow when the trade window appeared but grinned when he saw what it was that was inside of it. Seeing how he had no real use for it anymore, he unequips his current weapon and places it into the trade window as well before accepting. "Ooh. Thank you very much!" He chuckles happily as he looks his new spear over, giving it a flourish to check it's feel. "About time we had some luck on this, right?" He winks happily and gestures to him to follow. Angel was heading to the teleporter so they had better follow.

Trinoko nodded happily to Seld and listened to Angel with a smile. "Probably nothing we can't handle." He chuckles and heads into the teleporter after Angel, moving up to the fifth floor with them so they could track down the snakes they were going to be hunting. Once up on the fifth floor he waits for Seld to arrive as well before moving onward and to the desert! He himself was eager to try out his new weapon while hunting down creatures for his new armor!

Angel stood on Floor 5, Trinoko behind him and waiting for Seld. He scanned to horizon that was the massive desert and then took three steps forward before taking a deep breath, putting two fingers to his lips, and creating a loud whistle that seemed to be heard everywhere. He kept this up for a total of 4 seconds and then stopped, waiting for Lucifer to respond. It was only a minute or two later when the Nightmare came blazing across the dunes towards them. The 7 foot tall horse came to a stop in front of them, his charcoal black skin shining in the sun. His glowing crimson eyes glarred down at him as his blue flames flowed in the wind like his mane and tail would. "Greetings Master Angel. I had a feeling that you would show up today."His booming voice echoed in Angel's ears. He wrapped his arms around the horses neck, the flames not affecting him as he did so. "Hey big guy. How have you been?" He asked his Familiar. Lucifer nuzzeled his nose against Angel's shoulder. "Everything has been quiet my friend, just the way I like it." Angel let go and stepped away. Then he remembered that his friends were standing behind him. He introduced his friends to the Nightmare. "Guys, Lucifer. Lucifer, the guys." The horse snorted in defiance, causing a puff of flames to shoot out. "They don't seem that great to me. Why would you travel with such rabble?" He asked, Angel being the only one to understand him. "It's part of a job. Be nice." He told Lucifer quietly.

Seldentar will follow shortly behind the others, using the teleport pad to travel up to the 5th Floor. The last time he was here, he was facing off against the Phantom Blade, and it was night time. Looking around, finally seeing it during the day, he took a few moments to truely appreciate the floor. It was amazing the amount of effort and detail that went into creating each and every floor. He could see it was polygons, pixels, the works, but still, how realistic everything was always continued to amaze him.

Trinoko stared in surprise at the impressive familiar. Up until now he had only seen knee-height creatures being tamed as familiars! Various new thoughts went into his head on the type of creature he could recruit into his services. Could humanoids be tamed? Unlikely, but it was an amusing thought.

He was snapped out of his thoughts and theories when the familiar released flames, making him take several steps back and clench his hand on his spear. "Quite the interesting familiar... I don't think I will ever quite get used to the one-way conversations." He tries his best to make light of the situation he found himself in, despite his intimidation. Soon Trinoko suggested they get on their way, being able to walk and talk at the same time as he steps out into the desert. "I much prefer the fourth floor..." He sighed.

Angel laughed as Lucifer's flames startled Trinoko. "Oh calm down. He won't toast you, just the Rattlesnakes this time." Then he opened his inventory and took out a piece of <> and feed it to the Nightmare. He devoured it greedily. "Thank you sir. Rabbits on the lower floors are much more juicy than the dried up husks I get up here." Angel laughed a little. "Thanks for the details." he said as they began moving out into the desert, Lucifer trailing behind him. "I shall go ahead and search for the creatures you desire." Lucifer declared as he galloped forward, leaving flaming hoof prints in his wake. Angel watched as he covered a huge distance in only a few strides. He couldn't help but smile. Then he heard Trinoko's sigh and laughed a little to himself. "You get used to it after a few trips. Trust me." he reassured his friend.

As the three players traveled across the hot desert surface, Angel continued to map out the area. The entire floor was a sprawl of large sand dunes and massive flats. Occasionally there would be a canyon but nothing else. Angel was thankful for his dust coat as it repealed the various sandy winds that blew across the top occasionally. As they walked, a thought continued to pop into his head, "Where are those snakes?"

Seldentar follows behind, Shadow walking with him. He looks around at the Desert area, shaking his head. His last visit to this floor was almost a disaster, thankfully he had defeated the monster he was hunting. He looks over at Angel, a confused look on his face.

"You know, normally if we were hunting snakes wouldnt we want a more forest like area? Where in the Desert are we gonna find snakes?"

Angel attempted a smile. "A forest is a common place to find snakes, yes, but if you want some serious venom then you find these snakes." Angel pulled up a picture of a <>. It was a massive creature, approximately 15 feet long and 3 feet in diameter. It is black and white in color with a sort of skull pattern on it's head, giving it the impression that it had killed many things. But the thing that caught most people's eyes were the fangs. They were 2 feet long each, both extended in the picture to show what they look like fully extended. Instead of being made of bone, they look like they are made of copper as a brown tint covers them completely. "This is where the real poison comes from. I can guarantee you that no alchemist alive can make something more potent that what these fangs can deliver." Angel trudged along until they came to a hill, where he took a seat on the dune. "But because of their size, the snake can't move as fast as most snake can. Only if you get in front of them can you see them move to their full potential. It's like lightening really." He chuckled as he took out a bottle of water from his Inventory. "I deem this to be break time."