[SP-F01] Rookie of the Year <<The First Few Lessons are Free>> (Beginner Quest)

Black had a swagger to his step as he walked into shop where the old man had handed out the beginner quest. He seemed to be somewhat apathetic towards such a boring and mundane task as gathering, seemingly more happy to just go out and kill things. However, he figured it was a smart way to spend the day to get some easy potions and gear. Might end up saving my ass one day...or somebody elses. Black meditated on these things as he pulled his purple hued candy stick from his mouth.

“Alright, old man, you’re on.” He smirked confidently then spun around on his heel waving the man goodbye as he began to head out into a meadow like field that held several herbal ingredients the man had desired. He identified an herbal ingredient with the hue of lavender and began to clip it and put it in his satchel to be returned to the old man later.
---------------------------------------
ID: 106544 LR- 17 (T1 Mat Gathering success!)
1 Quest item gathered
Note: Using Yui's Grace here

Edited by Black

Peace and solitude were many of the subtle virtues that the man had enjoyed as got to chill out and enjoy the quiet life. He detested having time away from being by himself as much of the chatter from the outside world would become too much. He was perfectly content being alone, mostly due in part to the fact that he had grown accustomed to it. He scoured the fields to search for more materials for the old man to utilize to concoct his potions, but grumbled as he noticed the area seemed to have mostly been picked clean. He remembered how many players had called the place a high traffic area for lowbies like himself.

This item at the end of the quests says it gives an over health potion...I guess that’s really good for fighting the higher level monsters. Could help me out in a pinch. The man with the silver headband thought as he progressed through the field checking the semi-opaque quest menu.

ID: 106544 LR-3 (Fail)

Edited by Black

Black sighed as he once again tried to search for some ingredients to peddle off to the old man, but to no avail. This task was becoming increasingly more tedious and challenging as he loathed the refusal of these crops to grow so he could simply clip them and be on his way. He grinded his teeth against his candy stick and turned around hoping that by the time he went to where he had started that the field would begin to replenish. He began to analyze the skill menu and look at what things could be unlocked to better help him achieve his goals.

“Hmm...gatherer..fishing...and search...those are all good candidates. But which one is better to start off with first I wonder.” He began to do the math in his head as he started counting on his fingers. “Hm..I guess the searching one would make success rates more likely. It lays down all the groundwork for the rest of everything else. Who doesn’t like good loot?”

ID: 106549 LR - 8 (Fail)

Edited by Black

The sucker cracked under the might of Black’s jaws as he huffed at the empty fields. “Man to hell with this quest…” He glowered, flaring his nostrils as he looked back to his quest menu. “Man, I might have to say screw tanking and go with some better utility skills. I can make up for it with all the loot and buff items. Besides, I can always cook up mitigation food and it’ll pretty much work the same. I’ll be gucci.” He stated as he began to scan through his inventory. “Crap, I should probably look into getting a shield too at some point, it’d be a good investment.”

Black used most of this time to reflect upon choices in how to plan out his build. “I’ll let the dps handle most of the damage..it’ll be my job to keep everybody safe and well fed.” He then wandered about the empty fields aimlessly. “Not a dang thing in sight...next skill I’m getting is definitely the search one...this is getting ridiculous.” Black shook his head cringing at how pathetic his haul so far was.

ID: 106551 LR- 8 (Fail)

Edited by Black

The fields were simply a dried up desolate wasteland. Not a damn thing was growing in sight. The more he searched for these items it seemed the further they would go to elude him. It wasn't very satisfying at all to be trolled in such a way by the twisted fate of poor luck. He grumbled lightly, pondering how much better his quality of life would have gotten if he had already done these quests years ago, but he chose to wait it out, expecting some form of response from all of the affected nations military units.

They were captives. Every man, woman, and child was a hostage in this internment camp. The fields were a melting pot and the only chance a person had in life was learning to survive the game. Without the necessary potions and equioment, death was inevitable, but it seemed like materials in the area were scarce. Everything was being picked clean as adventurers became braver and left the safety of the towns.

Black recognized that for the most part, he had been avoiding people. He had not joined any guilds, opting to fly solo or stick to small groups. He didn't feel comfortable trusting his life in the hands of others. He always knew if he did join a guild the weight of keeping others alive would rest on him. It was tough to heed that call once again. He wished that everyone played it cool and just stayed in the safe zones. The more he thought about it, the more uncomfortable he became.

ID: 106553 LR- 5 (Fail)

Edited by Black

Black began to search a bush for more materials, but fails yet again with a disappointed frown. “I just can’t seem to get a break...what the fu-...” He releases an exasperated sigh as his hands continue to carve through the bush but still coming up short. “This is starting to get really old...I really need to invest in some better gear or something. I can’t keep doing this and not hitting the production numbers I’m wanting..but I need my SP to be focused in my defenses so I can pull my weight for my team. I might have to spend some money on some gear sets for crafting and some meant for combat...I mean I do got a bonus Col perk..might as well make the most of it. “

Black pulled up his stat menu and took a look at his available Col. “I got a bit of wiggle room. I also got to look about getting some updates done with the pad back home. Some upgrades and extra rooms would be nice, but dang they are expensive."

ID- 106559 - LR-2  (Fail!) 

Edited by Black

The suffering continued as Black checked yet another bush to find it void of any materials feasible to be used so the man could conjure his potion. His brow knit in anger as the veins in his neck began to bulge. The hot headed Marine was becoming sick of this crap. This level one quest was pretty much just a mental torture exercise and he was the guinea pig.  “I’m really starting to regret putting on that damn kevlar. I knew Gunny was right when he said stick to kevlar vests and a nice helmet. I just want to go out and do the grunt work and they got me doing this P.O.G. bullshi-...” Black scowled as he began to walk over to the shop. “Hey, man, where the heck are these ingridients you’re looking for, huh? This is like trying to find a needle in a freaking haystack!” He stormed out slamming the door and now checked the western flank of the building. The European style architecture clashed with his more Japanese style garb as he stomped outward on the cobblestone with audible claps. He cooled his demeanor as he noticed other people in the area and resumed with a neutral expression.

ID - 106569 LR - 7 (Fail)

Edited by Black

Black was losing hope by the second as he fondled a bushel and his hands touched something round and juicy. “Berries!” He cheered as he recognized the reagent that could be used in brewing potions. “Finally, my oasis in the desert! Two down, three more to go...I swear..if I have another dry season like that..I’m going to go crazy!” He exclaimed as he rubbed the tension from his forehead, releasing the aura of agony. He paused for a moment to take a break and drink some water as he began to wonder if the rest of this quest chain would be just as annoying. “Gear is definitely a worthy investment before moving on to more gathering quests. My stats are crap.” He chuckled as he shook his head pressing onward. His gait was steady and smooth as he looked out at the other low level players trading items and spreading gossip. He had overhead talk about a blacksmith shop that was making free items for people and he thought the sentiment was a kind gesture. “Maybe I’ll go visit them and check that out.” He nodded as he reserved that little tidbit of info for later.

ID- 106571 LR 19 - Success
T1 Mats Gathered: 2 

Edited by Black

Black moved on to the second bush and proceeded to check it, the branches scraped against his arms, but he continued to plow through the bush until he was absolutely sure it was empty. “Well, I’ve only had two successes after all this time. Why couldn’t I just go somewhere with better gather rates. I wish I could have just farmed there and brought him what he needed, but no, they only seem to grow here. How crappy is that?” He sighs as he goes back to the alchemist’s house, walking at a casual pace before his hand gripped the door handle and pulled it open.

“Hey, so I only got two so far...why is this place so dang dry?” Black complained as the man directed him to keep searching and not to return until he had succeeded in his task. This objective was driving Black mad, but he tried to keep calm and stay focused.

ID: 106601 LD - 6 (Fail)

Edited by Black

The stench of failure lingered in the air as Black continued to bask in the misery of not having sufficient success gathering materials for the old man. The repetitiveness was really starting to sap the joy out of life as Black flared his nose like a dragon. His fist clenched tight as he wrapped his hands around his knuckles. The thought of just punching something stirred as he groaned, wanting to finish the quest as quickly as possible. He began to wonder what better things he could be doing with his time, but then he considered the money and reward and how it might one day save his life. 

He bolstered his resolve as he drew a deep breath and released it. "Patience...I just have to take my time and be patient...I'll get there eventually. I just got to stay faithful. It's just like when you're going on a thirty mile hike. Just have to put one foot in front of the other." 

ID: 106672  LD - 5 (Fail)

Edited by Black

Little by little Black made efforts to keep his sanity while grinding. “I heard that trying to get a familiar with a buff is hellishly more difficult than this.” He muttered as he tried to ease his current pain by considering it to be a matter of relativity. “It’s probably just like bootcamp where it would be harder later and what I thought was challenging wouldn’t even be considered a challenge anymore, but a vacation.” His legs carried him further into a garden that seemed to be lush with life as the fruits glimmered in hues of red. Black rushed over as if he was dying of thirst and before him was a great cup of life to restore him back into a state of contentment.

Collecting the berries, he checked his status noting the progression he had made was over halfway done. “Okay, it’s all uphill from here. All I need is two more and I can relax and chill and have this over with. Enjoy my EXP and kick back and drink some beer.” He flashed a sinister grin before rubbing his hands together mischievously. “Damn, a beer sounds good right about now. “

106679 LR - 14 
Total  Quest Mats gathered: 3

Edited by Black

Black began to grow thirsty as the day led onward. Talk of booze was a farcry as Black was unstinting with his imagination. He wondered what cruelty it would be for the creator of the game tonot only put the gamers in a world where death was all too real, but also put them in a position where they couldn’t even drink their pain away. As far as Black was concerned, this player was some sick bastard, but he wouldn’t let that get him down as he stayed focused on his current mission and began to look through one of the barrels outside the  Alchemist’s shop to see if he was hiding any supplies the man was not yet privy to. He lifted the lid with a cheeky grin only to find a creepy looking raccoon hissing at him and he immediately shut the top with his head rattling and him blinking in bewilderment. “Oh, no they are tripping...freaking trash kittens..” Black grimaced as he walked away from the barrel confused and demoralized from his idea turning into a terrible endeavor. “Huh..maybe having a pet of my own would be pretty dope. Maybe like a wolf or a monkey or falcon or something.”

ID- 106680 LD - 1 (Fail)

Edited by Black

Black began to massage the back of his back of his hand as he looked about, alerted by a loud shouting and dispute about an orange player being in the located on another floor. The idea rattled Black’s mind and caused his blood to boil. He wanted to join the angry band and go hunt down the orange players and give them a piece of his mind. He was already racking up Col and he’d be damned if anyone was going to rob his of his well earned loot. He had goals and ambitions and was ready to pommel anyone who was willing to stand in his way. His eyes lifted up to his level and health. He felt conflicted about his health. “Dang, I’m a real pushover right now..the way other players hit...if I end up going the wrong way and run into orange or red players...that’ll be the end of it for me. “ His voice stuttered as he thought about the idea. He shook his head as he went forth to gather more berries, finding a few in a nearby shrub. As he collected them into his hands, he pulled them away and stored them in his pouch before chewing the inside of his cheek nervously.

ID -106681 LR- 14

Total  quest Mats Gathered: 4 

Edited by Black

Death loomed around the corners outside of floor one. Black knew that by advancing further he would have a lot of trouble coming his way. Whereas he wasn't exactly risk averse otherwise, those were under conditions in which he trained for years. Handling missions out here was completely different. Everything was unpredictable. The combat was unpredictable. The people even more so as they all came from different backgrounds and nationalities. The customs each of them held and the mannerisms they reflected were so different. Black wondered if there were any other veterans like him who were alive out in the game.

There were ten thousand in the beginning and many died within the first few months. Surely there would possibly be some out on the frontlines, if so. He thought about joining his brothers out there and collaborating with the other soldiers on the frontlines and ensuring all of them had their tactics and strategies down.

Every day Black rested safely on floor one, he knew that there were others on floors much higher risking it all every single night, trying to get better and become stronger day by day. They were losing friends and trying to save others week by week. Even though Black had not met them, he hoped that they were doing alright.

His spirit seemed dim even though he found more berries for the alchemist. He wasn't yet ready to finish as he chose to gather a few more items before nightfall.

ID: 106682  - LD -15

Total Quests Mats gathered: 5 

Edited by Black

His life in the game seemed to just be passing him by. He wasn't really doing much except tending to the younger scared players that refused to leave the safety of the town. The idea of so many young teens thrown into a death trap didn't feel too good to Black. In fact, it pissed him off to great depths as his anger grew to new heights.

“I've got to do something…” He rationalized after thinking about how helpless the situation was. “How are we supposed to even make it all the way to floor 100...this is ridiculous...most people get wiped when fighting brand new bosses in a game...and we've got 100 of them..not to mention dungeons and traps...none of this is good at all..” The grunt groaned as he inspected the contents of a berry bush nearby, finding that they were shriveled up and looked bad. “Yeah, these are a no go..” Black backed away with a somber expression.

“How many days have I been left in this world? How much longer will this go on?” He demurred as he rubbed the sweat from his brow. “Will leaving the city even be worth the risk…?”

ID 106683 LD - 12 (Fail)

Edited by Black

Challenges were meant to be overcome, but Black knew this was a war being fought on two fronts. There was great potential the the United Nations was already moving past the development phase of their plans to shut down this mass act of terrorism and bring everyone back to safety. Given the fact that they still existed in the game, he knew that the people outside of the game were fighting to keep everyone stable and fed.

He figured that most likely he was on some form of life support in the real world, which of course, he knew was usually pricey, but given the fact that his health care was covered by the government's VA, he felt reassured. However for others there would be immense financial strain and they might find it futile to endure such critical costs to someone who may just die in the game. The thought of it brought a chill down Black's spine. He pictured families waiting on their suns or daughters to come  home only to visit the hospital and see them suddenly flatline, knowing they have no control over whatever happens.

“Man...that's some scary [censored]..” The dry tone of his voice was hardened and discouraged. He heaved a mirthless breath as he found a perfect set of berries in a bush and plucked them up. “Crazy how well they replicate taste in this game...development engines are unreal..so much crazy stuff people can do with technology ..it's a shame they abuse it.”

ID- 106684 LD- 19 (Success)

Total mats gathered: 6 

Edited by Black

The night started to calm down as the sun began to fade out of existence casting a looming darkness over the world of Aincrad. Black lifted his eyes to the beauty of the stars above. “So much detail they put into the little things. Shame how everyone doing that project is now probably under investigation and all of their degrees and skills are probably going straight out the window.” Black whispered as he leaned down to pick up a rock and cast it at the hole in the wooden fence.

“Must raise a lot of questions from your family working on a shitty project like this and being banned from working on other game projects. “ He continued to trail along the side of the fence until he reached his destination. “They could have made a fortunate and been millionaires...why would the fools throw that all away...I bet the investors are pissed. “

He twisted his lips in discomfort, watching a cat prowl about through the old man's backyard. “This still is a lot to wrap my head around. I can't believe all this is really going on…”

ID - 106685 LD - 17 (Success!) 

Total Mats gathered: 7 

Edited by Black

Black began to feel a little bit sluggish as he maneuvered throughout the outskirts of the alchemist shop, once he found a bountiful section of the garden, his eyebrows perked up and his eyes dilated at the huge green berries he had found. "Wow, now here's a real keeper. So many different ingredients that I can mix together. I hear the food tastes better on the higher tiers. I can only imagine the kind of dishes we'll get to try once we get to the final floors. " Black felt his stomach growl as he thought of it. "Certainly meals fit for a king.." Black smirked as he lightly pinched the big green berry. "For now you will have to do, little berry." He says as he slides it into his pouch. "Running out of light in a few hours. Better wrap things up here soon. " Black muttered as he stared up at the placid night sky, rubbing his shoulders as the temperature started to drop.

ID- 106701 LD 20 - Success

Total Mats Gathered: 8

Edited by Black

The sands of time began to wane in the metaphorical hourglass of the day. Blacker feet were starting to get tired and worn down as a light pain rang through them. He had realized he had been on his feet for hours. He sat down on a crate to rest for a few , relaxing and drumming up a beat on the crate to pass the time. His head wagged to the beat in a happy manner as he noticed the grasshoppers begin to rub their legs against each other and make music. "Niiice...niice.The grasshoppers are out here turning up with me." He rolled over into a fit of laughter. "Look at them trying to start they own concert. That's what's up. It's like the quartet of crickets from that Owl City song. " I Can't control the world around me getting colder, plus I got enemies over my shoulder. I'm just grateful for a another day, another chance, I won't let it go to waste~" He began to rap as he beat boxed in tandem with beating on the box. 

"Man, I got to get that recording studio set up as soon as possible that would be too lit. I think it might run me like ten grand though..." Black grumbled as he searched the information from his guidebook. "Plus there is a lot of other [censored] I could use..." He began to grow annoyed and shake his head before exiting out of the menu. 

As he patrolled the streets, he lifted up a hand to [censored] some more berries on the go. 

ID-106717 LD 14 +1 (Multipurpose buff) - Success +1 T1 Mat

Total Mats gathered: 9

Edited by Black

Black would rub his tired eyes as he began to look up at the night sky. "Alright, that's enough hustling today. Time to head back and talk to Doctor Do little..' Black chided in reference to the lazy alchemist who couldn't even step two feet outside to gather his own materials. Black had an internal disdain for the slothful types. However, the alchemist at least had an academic spirit and offered to sit down next to the man to help teach him. " Okay..so you guys are like the field medics then? The potions you all make are pretty handy. I bet you're a tank's best friend" Black laughs lightly. 

"Right now make sure to mix the berries with the mortar and pestle. Grind them up really good and then pour the reagents into the boiler. " The old alchemist NPC had suggested." It seems you gathered mainly the blue berries so we'll be making a potion of mitigation this time around!" 

Blacker eyes lot up with excitement as the potion of mitigation materialized in his hand. "Oh wow...this is right up my alley! A mitigation potion is pretty useful for defensive builds. I'll be able to tank my way to the top if I buy a few of these, but this is yours.  " 

"Excellent. Now, here's your reward and it seems someone here wants you to visit the old blacksmith a few blocks down, so be swift" 

Black nods his head, takes the rewards and begins to head toward the blacksmith shop. 

ID- 106740 - 4 (Success! +1 Good Quality Potion)

T1 Potion of Mitigation (5 * tier rank per slot) 

One slot of mitigation (I don't keep)

Edited by Black