[PP-F01] [Black,Ptolemy] Money Lessons from Mother Nature <<Nature's Treasure>>

Black was peacefully serene as he was meditating beneath a tree or possibly taking a nap, it was hard to say as he sat there with his legs folded over another with his head hanging down. If one got closer, they might notice the brisk movement of his hands as he began to polish his sword with a rag, he seemed to worship the weapon, though there was little cause for cleaning it as it wasn’t like blood would actually ever stain the curved sword. Still, the military had taught him to hold an avid appreciation for his weapon and he held firm to these traditions of considering one’s weapon to be sacred. He looked cool, calm, and collected as he inspected the hilt and tested the weight.

His head lifted up as he noticed the tree above him was an apple tree and he considered the potential of making a nice snack. “Some caramel apples..creamy apple peanut butter dip. Apple snack wedges..cinnamon apples...mmm..” He relished in the idea of being a chef that could cook an assortment of delicious snacks on demand. Food was perhaps like a drug to him in this world. He had the tools not only to make food, but to multiply it and have a feast beyond compare. After a deployment overseas and having to eat crappy MREs, being trapped here was a blessing in disguise. His thumb rolled over the smooth surface of the apple as he smirked at it and stowed it away in his inventory. He dusted off his blue and tan armor as he blonde mane glinted in the rays of sunlight to complement his dark complexion. 

@Ptolemy

ID- 106561 LR:18+1  (+2 T1 Mat gathered)

Edited by Black

Ptolemy blew a stray strand of his light blue hair out of his face irritatedly. I should've cut my hair before I traveled to Japan, he told himself, a thin line forming on his lips. He was leaning against a nearby tree, getting ready to set off for some material gathering.  This will definitely come in handy when I open up my shop, he noted in his head, a small yawn escaping him. "Well, I should probably get going now," Ptolemy said to particularly no one but himself. Straightening his posture, he was just about to leave before realization kicked. Shi- blast my foul mouth. He narrowed his eyes distastefully at his arm before looking around for anyone able to help him with his epidemic.

Eventually, his eyes landed on a dark-skinned player with light blonde hair. He looks as experienced as me, but he's the best bet I have right now.  ptolemy headed over to the player who had an apple in his hand. "Apologies for intruding in your time, but I'm in a little situation at the moment." The blue-haired player laughed sheepishly, "I'm sorta new at gathering materials and such, so I don't really know the best spots for doing it. I would greatly appreciated if you could happen to lend me some info?"

@Black

Edited by Ptolemy

Black’s deep chocolate eyes peered up at the blue eyed gentleman in front of him, studying him for a moment as his eyes become attracted to the pearlescent blue mane of the other man. The more he gazed at him, the more he noticed an uncanny resemblance. “No problem at all. I’ve already made a great amount of mistakes so hopefully you can learn from them.” He cackled before squinting at the man as if trying to recall something. “Hey, didn’t you pop into that one shop..the one with the girl with purple hair?” Black slid the purple sucker out of his mouth to speak as he became more sure of it. “On floor four, that little lady that has the up and coming jewelry shop in the fields of snow. I think I walked in right after you.  Yeah, that place is deadly for the both of us, but if we stick to the paths the experienced players mapped out for us, we should be fine.” He nodded in reassurance.

“So, gathering materials, well..the perks are that most materials usual trade for a one to one ratio based on tier so you don’t have to really worry about whether you’re mining ore or gathering herbs or looking for food ingredients as you can usually find someone willing to trade at anytime these days. The best spot for metal is in the southwest. Best spot for tailors are these caves where spiders make silk or you could try to get some hides and furs off animals. The ones in the east are easy enough. Which profession are you? If you’re a chef or alchemist, there’s a variety of stuff everywhere. Sometimes you can just fish as well.” Black states as he turns back to the tree. 

“Take this tree for example...with my current stats I have about a thirty five percent chance to actually pluck something from this tree." He goes to demonstrate, somehow successfully gathering another apple to stow away. “Now, somehow the RNG Gods have blessed me..because sometimes they can be assho-..they can be difficult about letting you get what you want. Best way to remedy that? Buy gear that will help your ability to find loot. Check the shops, get you one of the best you can. Then make friends with a Cook like me who can whip you up snacks to stack with those looting buffs and a thirty percent chance can turn into like a seventy or seventy five percent chance...far less headaches. More productivity. If you want even more efficiency. Get crafting gear and have a cook make you food that helps with crafting. Some snacks even give crafting exp. Very useful little perks. “ He adds, pausing to allow the man to let his words marinate for a moment. 

@Ptolemy

ID - 106567 LR-16+1  ( +2 T1 Mats Success!) 
Total T1 Materials Gathered: Four

Edited by Black

He gave the other player a warm smile, “oh? That’s good to hear, I’d hate to be the only one to not know about this stuff.” Shifting under his squint, he nodded at his question. “I was there actually, I’m afraid I didn’t see you there. Apologies on my part.” Agreeing to his statement, he gnawed on the inside of his cheek. “Agreed, it’s good to have it mapped out for us. I’m thankful we have dependable frontliners.”

Ptolemy tilted his head, a small smile crevicing on his face. He nodded his head throughout the entire explanation, most of it just going through his other ear. This is hopeless, maybe I need to get hands on. He sighed inwardly but put on a crooked smile. “Thanks for the help, it means a lot.” Ptolemy paused for a moment before shrugging lightly. “I’m not sure, but I think I want to peruse the prepfession of an artisan. There’s not too many of those in Aincrad,” he exclaimed. “My job in real life is most similar to the alchemist one but it’s still strangely different,” he muttered the last part to himself. “But there’s already plenty of high ranked alchemists so I’m afraid I won’t pursue it.” I never liked pharmacy anyways.

Ptolemy inhales sharply and gave the man a confused yet grateful grin. “You seem to know a lot about this kind of subject, are you a shop keeper yourself? It seems quite enjoyable when you were explaining it from my point of view.” 

ID: 106570

LD: 10

@Black

Edited by Ptolemy

Black had lifted his hand back up into the tree to nab his third apple in a row as he wore a smug grin. “Knowledge is power...it's all about surviving the game. People are going to die once they start adventuring out of floor one. That's an fact.  If I can equip people with the right tools and info maybe fewer people will have to die.” His tone held a stoic vibe as his eyes grew dull just thinking about the losses people suffered. He tossed his apple into his satchel as it Dematerialized. “Artisans are a solid niche. They got a lot of handy tools for special situations. You guys are scavengers for the most part. Hell, you can put string through a feather off the ground and boom you got a trinket with some crazy stat boost. Most of the stuff you can make is all about your creativity and what you put your mind to. We should stick to the <<Courtyard>> out here. I'm sure you can find loose jewelry out here or little loose objects . Most accessories requested are random things anyway. I saw the woman at her shop have a coin and turn it into an object with a buff. “ He recommends as he initiates sending the man a party request. "We rarely end up finding some low level mobs out there, but hey if we do...more Col and maybe mats for us, right?" He grinned impishly. "I take it you already grabbed the Nature's Treasure quest from the NPC that stood in front of the entrance to the courtyard, yeah?"

ID- 106572 LD: 14 (+1 "Multipurpose" Basement Buff) = 15 (Success!) +2 T1 Mats
Total T1 Mats Gathered: Six

Edited by Black

Ptolemy nodded his head. "Agreed. I find SAO based on strategy rather than brute strength. The first few months in Aincrad were..." he struggled to find the appropriate words for the situation. "... harsh, but once everyone started getting back on their feet, there were fewer casualties." He shifted his legs uncomfortable at the thought of so many young men and women losing their lives in such a way. "I guess you could find artisans to be that way," Ptolemy chuckled, taking in a small breath. "There are not many shops I know of that are owned by high tiered artisans. I suppose you are correct though," he hummed. "To be an artisan, you just have to a creative mindset. I am relatively certain that I lack this skill but I am positive that I'll learn." He sniffed as he located decent material on the ground. Picking it up, he studied it for a few moments before placing it in her inventory. "That's one down."

"I think it's relatively safer in the <<Courtuard>> anyways, so good idea," he commented, accepting the party invite. "I'd like to stay away from all the mobs if that's okay with you. I'm hardly experienced in combat and I think I'll be useless if it ever comes to be fighting at this level."

ID: 106698

LD: 11

@Black

Edited by Ptolemy

Black seemed to concur with Ptolemy's findings. He noted that the man seemed to be a more logical than feeling personality type. He assessed him as an analyzer by the way he addressed situations. With any luck, he may come to find a well educated person in this world of gamers. Black couldn't exactly place where the man was from, but he suspected the man had a degree of some sort or at least attended college for certain. 

"You strike me as a type to hit the books and once you find your focus, you nail it. I'm sure you'll do just fine." Black commented before checking out the bushes to his left. 

"Hm..berries usually grow out here. They are good for making drinks and a few snacks. I usually make candy and small snacks for now but later I'll be moving on to grand feasts and fine drinks." Black smirked as his search came up empty. "Might even sport some of your trinkets at the restaurant once I get her set up!" 

He then kept a vigilant lookout for mobs. "Yeah, I'm with you on that one. They barely spawn here and are easy enough to avoid." 

@Ptolemy

ID 106699 LD - 5 (Fail) 

Edited by Black

"You have excellent observation skills, impressive," Ptolemy mused, letting a quick laugh escape him. "But you are correct. Knowledge is power as time is money as my father used to say." As silence filled the air, Ptolemy took it as an opportunity to study to the stranger.  The way he walks and talks makes him sound like he has experience. I am uncertain what field he is, unfortunately. He has a passion for food, possibly cooking as well, perhaps a chef? His posture and alertness could prove him to be in some sort of first-responder field, possibly part of a country's military? 

Snapping out of his thoughts, the player chuckled at his peer's plans for the future. "Sounds like you got your life in Aincrad laid out. Same as to you, whenever you open your shop, just message me and I'll be there."  He blew a sigh of relief, "thank you. I don't think fighting id my way to resolve things... but if I must, I don't think I'll hesitate to do so."

ID: 106703

LD: 5

@Black

Edited by Ptolemy

Black smirks with a smug grin as Ptolemy agrees with his assessment. The man seemed to be raised in a home where he was taught to be a man of success and conditioned on how to achieve that goal. Money seemed to be a motivator for the man and Black respected that. “Sounds like your old man was a big hustler...can’t knock that.” Black states as he accompanies the man and begins to grab some peppers from one of the plants growing in a garden. “Niiiice, this will be great for some spicy food.” Black comments as he shifts his attention to Ptolemy. “Oh, right, I should probably add you to my friendlist then. We got to support each other’s kickstarts. A bunch of other people are trying to monopolize the market, but I think our fields have great opportunity. "

Black then shrugs at Ptolemy’s talk of not wanting to fight. “Hey, man, I don’t blame you...the struggle is real and I’m just out here trying to survive and get some semblance of quality of life out here while I’m doing it.”

@Ptolemy

ID-106716 9 (+1 Multipurpose Buff) - Success

Edited by Black

Ptolemy tilted his head. "I suppose he was indeed a 'hustler'," he said hesitantly, the word feeling foreign on his tongue. "My mother and father expected nothing but success with me, and look where that got me," he huffed bitterly, taking quick glances at each direction. "Apologies, I suppose you don't want to hear any of that nonsense." The player smiled sheepishly. "You like spicy food? I haven't had any for quite some time. It was enjoyable to eat though." Nodding his head, Ptolemy reluctantly accepted the friend request. "I agree, but I find it quite amusing that SAO can hold so many similarities to the real world," he commented, stifling a chuckle.

"That sounds like a grand plan, and the struggle is indeed real." Ptolemy smiled amusingly at the choice of words. "I am no pacifist but for my level, fighting isn't the way to go... just yet."

ID: 106746

LD: 8

@Black

Edited by Ptolemy

Blacker internal mind gave an introverted chuckle as the man opted to adopt a bit of his lingo. Even if temporarily, he liked the man's comfort level. "Well, I guess even the people at the top got time for video games." He laughed knowingly that even the successful had their hobbies. "Oh yeah, I can throw down with some spicy food. I remember when we would have crawfish broils and all types of cajun dishes near Louisiana. I'm from Texas originally. We do pretty damn good barbeques, too. " He confessed as he scoured the fields for more loot to obtain. "Ohhh, nice, there's a field of grapes. Got to get those ready for the vineyard. I take it you pop bottles of wine from time to time?" He suggested looking over at the intellectual. "Yeah, fighting is iffy starting off. You got any plans on a combat build? Always good to do your research. And trust me...being a glass cannon isn't the way to go."

ID- 106948 - LD- 20 (2 T1 Mats gathered) 

Total: 7 T1 Mats gathered

@Ptolemy

Edited by Black

Ptolemy shrugged, "not really. My mother and father never let me go in a ten-meter radius of video games," he explained, frowning. "The NerveGear and SAO were a gift from a Japanese CEO who was part of a pharmaceutical company in Tokyo," he sighed, picking an array and metals located a few feet away. Putting it in his inventory, "but there was a nice hobby I enjoyed doing." Though I never told mother and father. "Oh, you're American. I've visited the America's once, New York in fact. I had an eventful time there, it was enjoyable." He smiled at the memory. "The legal drinking age in Germany is sixteen, eighteen if you are drinking spirits. But yes, I did have wine once every in a while, mainly at events and dinner parties." He scratched the back of his head awkwardly as he watched Black search the field. "Yes actually, I'm not necessarily doing a tanky build, I'm going to mainly focus on damage but I will have some MIT added in there."

ID: 106949

LD: 16

@Black

Edited by Ptolemy

Black throws his shoulders upward as he breaks into a small fit of chuckles in regards to Ptolemy's first remark. He thought the idea was painful as he pictured Ptolemy's childhood was filled with academic learning being thrust on him from the age of two. Black always wondered why some people were so overly critical of people having leisure time and living life. Black tilted his head at the talk of Pharmaceutifal companies. "Big Pharma, eh? I dated a few Pharmacy students. I suppose you could say we had..." Black pauses for effect. "Chemistry. I mean it's a lot of neat stuff..some are even coming up with cures for different bacteria that we haven't been able to conquer due to them always building up more layers of defenses." He imparted. "It's sort of like trying to kill a tank with just way too much mitigation." He says, rapping on his armor. "Germany. Are you from there then? I know a few miliary brats out there. Had a friend in high school..she became a Naval Officer and her brother an Officer in the Airforce." He continues, idly picking through bushes that were void of any berries. "That's pretty solid. I'm thinking of being an annoyingly tanky disruptor. " 

ID-106958 - Fail

@Ptolemy

Edited by Black

Ptolemy chuckled at his carefree nature, wishing that he could be more untroubled. "Hilarious," he stated blankly. "I find it hard to empathize with you though. Along with my sense of hobbies, my parents restricted me from dating, I suppose dating someone is just another distraction," he huffed, massaging his temples irritatedly. "Their so-called 'concern' for my relationships were very tedious and... annoying," he exhaled inaudibly. "Yes, my parents were significant contributors to one of Germany's largest pharmaceutical company. You are right though, medicine is slowly growing stronger in the modern world." He chuckled.

"I've lived in Germany most of my life, almost there twenty-four seven. My parents sometimes brought me with them to other countries for business trips but that is pretty much it." He put on a crooked smile, "oh? Were you part of the military? It's an honorable job."

ID: 106961

LD: 1

@Black

Edited by Ptolemy

Black found Ptolemy's demeanor entertaining. "Yeah, well perhaps even you can find a vacation in the great big beautiful prison of Aincrad." He announced, throwing up his hands in a grandiose fashion at the stunning beauty of the world around him. 

"Seriously, this ain't half bad. I've been in Prison for a few years." He confesses with out skipping a beat.  This place certainly has all the bells and whistles. Hell almost every floor has something artistically fascinating about it. " 

He takes a moment to admire the beauty surrounding him. "The most wonderful place I've ever seen is on Floor Six...there's a place called the Waterfall of Sages. There's a Restaurant out there called the Ichiban. I hear they make all kinds of great food, not just sushi. I think I'm going to be one of their students and compete. " He admits. "I want to be the best chef in the game." He says while busy searching for more ingredients, stashing away a cluster of berries.  "Yeah, I'm a Vet. Marine Corps Infantryman. Enlisted back in 2010...geez, that sounds so long ago." 

ID- 106968

LD-13 (T1 Mat found) Total: 8 

@Ptolemy

Edited by Black

"Well, at least I won't die of any natural causes in prison," he shrugged his shoulders. "SAO is indeed a nice place to be, even if we are... stuck here." He puffed out his cheeks as he blew out hot air. "I guess this is my long earned two-year vacation. Not that I ever asked for it or anything."

He raised an eyebrow, "am I conversing with a crook?" he chuckled, shrugging his shoulders once again. "Frankly, I do not care if you were a criminal or not. Many of the world's justice systems are flawed, but they can never be perfect. So we have to accept what we have." He smiled sadly, turning back to Black. "Indeed. The scenery from every floor is of something like a painting."

"Sounds... fun. I'll visit there when I have time to do so." He smiled as his peer expressed the goals he had for the game. "It certainly sounds fun, keep aiming for it."

ID: 106971

LD: 1

@Black

Edited by Ptolemy

Black smirks with a amused grunt at the man's rebuff. It seemed some light degree of optimism remain within him, though he didn't care too much for being stuck. Black laughs at his talk about vacations. "Well, hell, the cost of plane tickets and hotels is expensive as hell. Maybe a virtual waterfall is good enough." He laughs. "Though the deserts and winter wonderlands and volcano lands I heard about can be a bit much. Have you heard about floor thirteen? That's just one big graveyard." He says as he looks for more berries, but something in the bush stings him. "Pfft..piss off bee.." Black tuts as he turns to Ptolemy. 

Black squints at Ptolemy. "Did you just assume my criminality?" He chimes jokingly. 

"Oh no, I absolutely deserved it. Hell, I was the one dumb enough to sign up for the job. Yep. Certified adult babysitter." He said proudly with a hint of sarcasm. "Hell of a day job. You never run out of fun stories to tell watching the inmates. " He laughs. "But..yeah..prison system is crazy. If you look at the fine print in America's 13th amendment. Prisons are just forms of legalized slavery. Yep, even businesses are privatizing prisons and milking them for revenue. I was pretty much a cattle herder lowkey." 

@Ptolemy

ID- 106976 LD 2  (Fail) 

Edited by Black

"While I'm pretty sure my family could afford a first-class plane ticket and a five-star hotel, they were probably not meant to be for relaxing. They most probably bought it to flaunt off their money or to show how powerful they are," he gave an empty chuckle. "It's the thought that counts anyways. Visiting something like a waterfall would be a miracle back in the real world." Ptolemy tilted his head from side to side, "I suppose some of the floors are a bit harsh, but I assume Kayaba had to even out Aincrad in some way. He wanted a world he could control, not a vacation spot," he pointed out. "Who knew bees would be your greatest enemy in SAO?" Ptolemy joked, a small laugh following after.

"At least your personality isn't shi- I mean unbearable. Criminals don't acknowledge their mistakes too, that's far from what a true criminal is," he smiled, picking up a small feather on the ground. Guess he was right when he said you could literally make a trinket out of a feather and yarn. "I feel as if I would say a cattle-herder would be an understatement."

ID: 106981

LD: 12

@Black

Edited by Ptolemy

"Ohhhh, fancy." Black whistled at Ptolemy's talk about his families splurged." I used to own a Jet and a hotel...but ugh..that was in a video game. I don't ever think I've flown first class or been in a five star hotel. " He says, scratching his cheering and looking pensively skyward. "But I guess that's my fault for not joining the chair force." He snickers lightly, mocking his brother branch of military service, the United States Air Force. 

His expression becomes even more contemplative as he mentions Kayaba. Black wrinkles his nose like a snarling wolf at the name. "Kayaba...I hope he finds himself hung up like Bin Laden...thousands dead because of one man...all this place is is a mini holocaust. It's bullsh**...they'll end up making a museum for us too. " Black shook his head as he just tried to focus on picking berries. 

"Yeah, you got that right. Though, I won't say I was always innocent. I had some mischievous influences growing up. Comes with the territory. But everything turned alright in the end. " Black smiled. 

ID- 106985 LD-19 (+2 Mats found) Total: 10 T1 Mats

@Ptolemy

Edited by Black

Ptolemy raised an eyebrow and smiled cheekily, "you can always dream. Though I hardly think that I'll ever fly in anything high class again." He blew a sigh, biting the inside of his cheek. He tilted his head, "is that a joke? I'm not that familiarized with the military," he admitted, feeling utterly dumbfounded. Spotting a small gem on the ground, he picked it up and inspected it for a few seconds before shoving it in his inventory. 

"Possibly, but I doubt that they'd make a museum about kids who died in a video game. Kayaba does do things that a reasonable person would not do, but it could be signs of a mental illness or a disorder. I find this situation to be better than Auschwitz or Belzec, but I suppose some may think that this is a small Holocaust," Ptolemy huffed, remembering that he had gone to see the Auschwitz concentration camp when he was a young boy. "Their methods for torture in the Holocaust were far different than what Kayaba thought of."

Ptolemy tilted his head, "oh? What influenced you then?"

ID: 107013

LD: 11

@Black

Edited by Ptolemy