[PP-F1] The First Few Lessons Are Free (Quest - Pt. 1)

OOC: This thread is open to ONE other player. As soon as the other person joins, this thread will be changed from OP to PP. It's open now because I do not care who else chooses to take part.

"Well, missy, if you weren't so close to the ground maybe I would have seen you," rumbled a burly looking player with a green diamond over his head, indicating that he has as much a right to be in the Town of Beginnings as Mutsu did.

"H-What," Mutsu asked, her voice a low hiss. Her right hand snapped out, twisted into the offending speaker's shirt and, with a quick twist and a throw she launched him into the stone wall, an immortal object, of the building across the street. Being as they were in a safe zone, it wasn't as if she could actually hurt the offending speaker in any way. He slid down to the ground and looked a bit dazed. "My strength stat is more than high enough to deal with you and maybe if you weren't so big you'd have less fat around your brain, moron." Throwing her unnecessarily large spear up against her shoulder, the rather diminutive woman in steel armor flounced off.

As eh wandered the streets of the two she swiped a finger in the air to pull up her player menu. Not really paying attention to where she was walking she scrolled through her menu of possible quests in the area, reading through the descriptions of each. "I guess this stupid tutorial quest is the one to start with," she muttered, shrugging her shoulders which set the bells on her bracers to jingling. Tapping the quest to set it to active, it then became a simple matter to start following the waypoints to where she needed to be. Normally, she wouldn't have considered doing such basic tutorial quests, but with the game world now being much more real those free experience points, in relative terms, would likely turn out to be rather important.

Edited by Mutsu

"Floor one" he says as e gets teleported to floor one, it was quite the floor here, and he only came here to get new armor at a local blacksmith. For sure many players walked around here and quite a lot of lower leveled players as well. Hazado walked around on floor 1 he seemed to do this more often then more. It was just that he was seeking people to help. He was always to seek the lower leveled players and he remembers that he cleared most of the quest, no all quest on floor one on his own. those were the days for sure, being a lower level was hard making sure not to take to many risks.

As he then walked pass the workshop he has been in for ever, darn it has been quite long time, maybe it still does the same helping players on their first steps, he thought as he stands in front of the workshop door. He then walked in to see if any player was going to do the quest and how they would be if the npc already knew the player that helped him. As he walk in the old NPC turned around "aah he.. Hazado, hello there how are you?" Zechariah said as he walked in, Hazado smiled to him and it was quite weird that the NPC still knew him and did not repeat himself, maybe Zechariah was one of those special NPC.

@Mutsu

"I guess this is it," Mutsu muttered to herself as she stood before the door that led into some kind of shop, blacksmith maybe, that apparently belonged to a non-player character named Zackeriah. Placing a hand on the heavy maple door, Mutsu pushed it open and flounced inside with a jingle of bells, both from the door and her ensemble. "Nope, potion-maker," she muttered to herself, taking in the various odds and ends arrayed on the shops counter and shelves. "Definitely a potion maker."

The woman's brown eyes swept around the shop, taking in the two people that were standing within what was a reasonably well lit area. One of the men in the room had a green symbol over his head, clearly he was another player. Mutsu narrowed her brown eyes and regarded him. Judging by the fact that his gear looked like it should have been better than what she had, Mutsu made the assumption that he guy was a higher level than she was, just as he was higher off the ground. She scowled at Hazado. One crack about height and they were going to have... problems.

That meant the old guy clutching the potion bottle had to be the Quest NPC. With no hesitation, and a good bit of merry tinkling from the bells adorning her armor, Mutsu crossed the small main room of the shop to stand in front of Zackeriah. "The word around Town is that you will teach willing students a few lessons. Any truth to that?" she asked casually, testing out the dialogue to see if it triggered the quest of if she would need to try again.

Haz looks around as the door opens, A girl walks in to see if the quest was going to start here. She spoke to Zachariah and The old man looked at The Girl and back to Hazado, But then puts down the potions on the counter, "Sorry Hazado, I will Have to help this Woman First," Zachariah says walking up to Mutsu. Haz Nodded to him and leaned against next to the door waiting for Zachariah to be done talking, Ooh another spear user and Heavy Armor, the Same Build Maybe? Hazado Thought looking at the girl.

"Hello, There Miss... What is your name, I'm Zachariah the owner of this shop here and I'm Happy to help you, It will be quite easy to do, If you want This Gentleman here Is Called Hazado, He can Help you," Zachariah says to Mutsu as he points to Hazado. "I Did not say Anything Like that Old Friend," Hazado says with a small smile on his face as it seems the NPC was already known to what other players would do around here, But it seemed Zachariah Ignored Hazado and went on explaining to the girl, "The thing you need to do first for me is getting FIVE Crafting Materials In the wilderness, They won't be hard to find trust me, But I advise not to Fight through the boar can be quite dangerous. If you did that come back here please," Zachariah said to Mutsu.

Hazado Smiled to the Girl after Zachariah was done and Stood upright again, "If you want I'm More happy to help, As I see it as my job as Guild leader of the Garnet Rangers," he says to the girl, "Name Is Hazado, But Call me anything you want, I really don't care at this point," he says holding out his hand to greet her.

@Mutsu

"Fetch quest, bring back the materials," Mutsu recited to Zackeriah. She shrugged her shoulders and scowled. This was one of those introductory quests and, in truth, she had not expected it to be that tedious or that difficult. Such quests never were. All the same, that did not make it less annoying that the developers of Sword Art Online had failed to put a bit more thought and imagination into their Tutorials. She sighed and turned her attention to Hazado, as the player began to speak.

"Garnet Rangers, eh," she asked, quirking an eyebrow in his direction. "Never heard of them, they a new guild or something," she asked, leaning against Zackeriah's counter. Now that the non-player character had delivered the quest instructions, and she had swiped a finger in the air to accept that quest, it did not seem as if any further conversation with Zackeriah would be needed. Mutsu eyed the hand with her chocolate colored eyes for a moment, before finally reaching out and shaking it.

"I guess I need to go kill some boars," she said, quirking an eyebrow and ignoring the warning from Zackeriah. If the objective was to find materials for crafting then, it seemed to her, that would certainly be the fastest way to do it. "I'm Mutsu, like the battleship. You want to come along and kill some digital animals or not?"

The girl turned to Hazado she seemed to be nice, As she accepted the hand Haz gave a quiet smile and she introduced herself as Mutsu, Haz got a bit of a smile from her name and thought right away to the one person who kind off had the same Idea with her name, As his Friend Hydravion has also such a name Hydravion meaning Plane Carrier In France. But not that it really mattered right now at all. As she then says to kill some monsters outside, "well Just like Zachariah said it highly not advised to go after the boars, that will come in the next one," He said to her as she crosses his arms a bit.

Then he remembers what she asked about the Garnet Rangers And Haz wanted to try his best to explain, "well The Garnet Rangers are a guild, but it is a new one but it seems we are one of the few to pop up and we are just doing our best to get out there, I'm one of the founding members." He says to her getting up from the wall and looks to her, "Yeah... There are not many guilds around at the moment but we are a leveling guild so we try to get people to become better and help each other," he says sounding real confident in his voice that the guild was going to become a good guild.

He then turned to the door and back to her holding the door open for her, "Here you go, You will be leading, I will tag along with you and hold of any monsters that come along to attack you," he says holding open the door with a smile waiting for her to pass by him and take the lead.

@Mutsu

"Which way is faster to complete this fetch quest," Mutsu asked, pushing open the door to Zackeriah's shop and stepping out to the sound of a variety of jingling bells, only one of which was above the shop's heavy wooden door. "It seems that killing monsters will be the fastest way," she continued, beginning to tick things off on her fingers. "That will also return the greatest amount of experience from the quest and result in a better gold... I mean col payout." That much all seemed obvious to the short woman. "Plus it will make this little exercise much more fun, and if you're along to watch out for all the monsters anyway... then there's no point in not trying to buzzsaw as many of them as possible."

"A 'leveling guild', so you guys like to... power level other players," Mutsu asked, quirking an eyebrow in @Hazado's direction. Mutsu set off, resolutely, in the direction of the nearest gate that would allow her to exit from the Town and out into the surrounding fields. "What exactly do you get out of that? I have no desire to join a guild."

As the girl tries to talk about how she and himself were going to kill some monsters Hazado got out a small laugh, "Sorry, Sorry, Just I think you got the quest a bit wrong, You NEED to find Materials that are laying on the ground, If you FIGHT you won't get any materials faster as the quest makes it only easier for normal way of getting Materials," He says as this quest made sure there where no monsters around to fight and it as all just looking around for materials the normal way. "You can try yes, but Fighting won't help, EXP is gain much faster by going the quests, and this quest just wants you to go around and find materials the normal way," he said as he did this quest himself and wanted to fight a monster on his own but ended up failing to even find one monster.

As then Mutsu asked about the guild again, Hazado just shrugged his shoulders, "A Bit Like that, But it also keeps us higher level than normal, Plus we are also trying to see if we can start a small business with our crafters, But we are mostly just a group of people that seek to help others. On the second, You know you are not alone in this world, Even if you get not around people too much you know your guildmates got your back," He said as he turned around on the grass looking into the distance, "Well try and see if you are Luck Mutsu, Materials are quite hard to find from time to tome."

@Mutsu

"Wait, you mean that this quest will deliberately job the system so that monsters don't spawn," Mutsu asked angrily, growling and puffing out her cheeks so that she looked a little bit like an angry chipmunk, though woe betide anyone that commented on that. Scowling, she tromped off in the direction of one of the main gates of the Town of Beginnings, muttering dark things about idiot programmers under her breath, as she jingled her way down the wide avenue in the broad sunlight. Then, all of a sudden her entire demeanor changed and she brightened considerably.

"No monsters, you say? I have an idea says I," she declared, spinning to face @Hazado which set every bell affixed to her armor to jingling. "While I have this quest active you will take me to the Main Dungeon on this floor. And then, when we take the stairs up to the second floor, we will go to the Main Dungeon there. And then so on and so forth until we make it all the way to the very top and defeat the game without ever having to fight any monsters! LOOPHOLE EXPLOIT, BRILLIANT!" Spinning back on her heel, the armored woman took off at a run in the direction of the gate. "Hurry up! If we're quick about it this should only take a week or two," she called over her shoulder before suddenly coming to a screeching halt just inside the main gate of the Town.

"But that's pacifist play style," she scowled and made a face. "That's so boring..."

As the girl came up with something how they then should go up to the next floor and just avoid monsters at all, I wish it was that easy, with the quest in your list you can't get past the labyrinth, even so, I wish I could do it, He thought looking at the girl. He turns to Mutsu and smiles a bit, "Sadly It is not that easy, others have tried and the door to the labyrinth did not even open for them they also could not use the teleporter if they tried, the quest makes you stay put on this floor," Haz says to her as he turns around to look at some trees in the distance who he seemed to remember quite remember it was the place where the second Lesson took place, "Look if you clear this quest fast and Find Materials as well, after that you go over there and kill some boar pups," he said pointing to the trees in the distance where at the moment there were no Boar Pups.

@Mutsu

ID: 107488
LD: 18 (SUCCESS!)

Mats: 1/5

"Well, have they tried burning the door to the ground with fire? Lovely, pure, cleansing fire," Mutsu asked, stopping just outside the main gate of the Town of Beginnings to turn back in a merry tinkling of bells to blink he large chocolate eyes at @Hazado. It seemed to her that burning the door to the ground was the logical solution. "I bet there's some kind of tar substance, or oil, in this game. These games always have oil. I bet a game as creative as SAO would let us make napalm out of that. Or Greek fire. OR SOMETHING THAT WILL BURN QUITE NICELY!" Mutsu triumphantly thrust her right fist into the air and then began walking backwards and doing a little dance. The solution was easy. Burn everything. Suddenly, her heel caught on something and the woman flopped to the ground on her rump with an undignified squawk and a clattering clank of jingle bells.

"What the hell," she demanded, flopping forward suddenly onto her armored stomach and digging one hand into the ground to haul out the offending big of stone that had tripped her. The next thing she knew, the stone had dissolved in a shower of sparks and there was a soft chiming noise. A marker appeared on the screen that said, '1 of 5 Crafting Materials Found.' Since only Mutsu could see the message, it must have looked as if she were staring blankly into space for a moment.

"Oh God, this really is easy," she muttered more to herself than to Hazado. A toddler could do this quest. If only there was one she could foist it off on while still getting all the rewards. "What is a boar pup," she demanded, still laying on the ground but rolling over onto her back. "I thought baby boars were called 'piglets' or, you know, 'bacon bits.'"

Edited by Mutsu

Hazado Laughed a bit maybe it would work but how can you burn something made of steel and stone, Yes you could make a fire he has done it himself a bit and you could set a weapon on fire and attack them with it but thinking about that it burning down a wooden door would be simple but a steel and stone door could not be burned down very easy. "I would love you see that, It would be a real-world wonder if you could burn down a steel and stone door," he said to the girl. then a few moments later the girl fell down and Hazado tried to catch her but he seemed to fail at it a bit as she was already on the floor, He then looked at the thing she fell over and he saw that is was a crafting Material. "Well That was the thing, there you have one of the five," he said.

Then the question came from her what are Boar pups, Hell did he know why they were called Boar pups where called it was just something that was given to them, "I would love to know as well, They are just Piglets with tusks or small Boars. They are just called that, I would like to know as well," he said to her as he reached out with his hand to help her up again, "Come on, You still have to find four," he said to her waiting for her to accept his hand to help her from the ground again.

@Mutsu

ID: 107530
LD: 19 (I can't hit anything in combat... but dem LD rolls...)

"Silly rabbit, napalm sticks to steel. It also sticks to children," Mutsu said with a soft giggle that was equal parts adorable and disconcerting, given the topic of conversation as she accepted @Hazado's offered hand and was pulled back to her feet. "We just have to figure out how to make some..." Abruptly her face fell as something important occurred to her concerning this brilliant plan and scheme.

"Nevermind," she said, sounding angry. "That giant colostomy bag will have made those gates immortal objects so they won't burn." Growling, she hauled off and kicked the nearest bush. That action was accompanied by a quick howl of pain as the bush dissolved in a shower of blue sparks and left, in its wake, a hunk of grey ore that floated down to the ground. Mutsu stooped, tapped the ore, and added it to her inventory to the accompanying chime of the quest. "Any idiot can do this quest, can't they?"

Edited by Mutsu

It was true what Mutsu said But even Napalm had its limits, But the second she got up she lets go of the idea and was saying that the gates would probably be made Immortal Objects. But sure it would be like that as every building every stone every can is made an immortal object even the glass bottles you get in some inns. As she then began to stomp around a bit and killed a bush ending up disappearing and revealing a Crafting Material. and Mutsu got the item and said something, "Well Yes, But they made it also very easy to find them, It is made easier than normal and it seems you are having quite some luck as well here," Hazado said to Mutsu as it seemed even with that amount of luck they just fell from the sky, "And it is no wonder that you keep finding them so fast, Trust me I had worst sometimes," Hazado says remembering the time he messed up so bad that he did not get any materials until it almost was an hour passed.

@Mutsu

ID: 107550
LD: 4 (Fail)

"Easier than normal," Mutsu repeated, intending to only mouth the words but, instead, it came out more like a growl. "So, the devs think all the players are total mouth breathers that can't get through a basic tutorial quest without having their hands held," she asked, bouncing angrily which set the bells affixed to her armor to jingling and, in many ways, rather ruined the effect of the anger. "This is what's wrong with the world," she declared, whirling in the direction of the digital sun, with more jingling, and flashing the glowing orb a one fingered salute. "Tutorials shouldn't be any harder than the main game and they shouldn't be any easier than the main game. That defeats the purpose. Also, what's with all the additional rules on these things? Don't kill the thing. No monsters will spawn. Pick daisies in the sunshine like a pansy... yes, pun intended."

@Hazado

Edited by Mutsu

Haz shacked his head, "Just like in the real world always coming with Rules, Trust me even in this death game there are rules, And some of them are very weird," He said to Mutsu, Tho the game was a real world problem now it had more rules than normal but it was normal for an MMO to have so many rules. "Okay I get It But just stop hating on the game And start thinking about your next move, Thinking about the stupid rules is not going to work if you want to make it in this world," He said sounding a bit down with the girl keeping to talk about the rules of the game and not get her focus on the quest on hand. "Keep your Focus Mutsu, If you want to be a Tank and DPS you should focus more about things, Getting the Tutorials done will give you a nice boost but stop caring about the darn Rules, Yes I agree they are Useless but Don't go on a rampage because you don't like them," Hazado Said sounding almost like a nicer version of a drill sergeant.

@Mutsu

ID: 107603
LD: 18 (3/5 Found)

"Rrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmpppppppaaaagggggggeeeeeee," Mutsu declared, ignoring what had just been said by @Hazado as she gave her best impression of Archer from what was, by now, a classic adult cartoon. Knowing there were no monsters that could spawn and kill her since she was acting like an idiot did help. With that, she went jingling away out into the field with the bobbing tip of her sarissa being the only indicator of where she was within the wide field and its grasses that were slightly taller than she was. Of course, since there was no breeze in this part of the digital world, the grasses swayed as she moved around, giving the appearance of a velociraptor moving through the field, at least when viewed from above. Finding another bush, she delivered a savage kick and a crafting material popped up on the ground in front of her. "Found another one!"

Edited by Mutsu

Hazado walked Up to Mutsu who seemed to ignore what he was saying, Yes maybe this Girl was older than him but she was acting like a complete fool now. As he walked up she seemed to find another item, but Haz ignored her find and stood right in front off her now. He then puts his finger on her head and flicks her against her head, "Pay attention when I try to help you to understand the basics of this game, Your spear won't always protect you and your armor will not protect your friends if you keep acting like that," Hazado said now being quite serious about it, yes Hazado has almost died once and seeing someone act like this would be a quick end for someone like her. "Even If they quest are Simple, You still need to focus as PKers can show up at any time you know that. They are not monsters or NPC's, but real People." Hazado said maybe bumming out the girl a bit now. But it was true lately there have been a mass amount of PKers around and that was not safe at all, For sure It was going to be dangerous but trusting too much would end you into a coffin quite quick.

@Mutsu

ID: 107658
LD: 2 (Nada)

"Only two more to..." Mutsu trailed off as @Hazado leaned in and then flicked her right in the forehead, blatantly invading her personal space. "Hey, what was that for," she demanded, glaring up at Hazado. If the flick was some kind of short joke thing, well... there were going to be problems. To put it mildly. Mutsu blinked at him as he was going on about players that killed other players. Well, of course, that was a thing in a lot of online role playing games. There was always a subset of players that enjoyed killing other players and taking their stuff. Some games even actively encouraged that particular style of play. But, surely now that they were all trapped in here and in the same boat no one would dream of deliberately killing another player. Surely.

"PKer? No one would do that now that death is a permanent thing in the real world if you die in here," Mutsu said, glaring up at Hazardo. "That would be murder. Gamers aren't murderers. Well, I mean, as a general rule and not, you know, deliberately."

Edited by Mutsu

Hazado's face turned a bit shocked that she did not believe that some people murdered others, Hazado felt a bit hard to tell it but he nodded his head before speaking, "Mutsu, I'm sorry to say this, but... Um... they do commit murders, over the past few days there even has been an increase of murders, and all by one man as well. Some Rules that are made in the real world about murdering someone is nonexisting here, People do it for fun, are tricked or even just are out for murder just because something happened or even just because they want that person to die. I know someone who has lost quite a lot, but she looks to the bright side at least she has a few more people who care for her," he said sounding now quite serious about the fact of PKer's really being out there, "Players with Orange tags above their name have killed before or done something that would be a crime in the real world. there is no Police here to stop them so they can do whatever they want, even commit murder." he said as he looked at Mutsu while speaking about this, it was not his meaning to bum her out or something but she did not want another person walking around as they did not believe in PKer's.

@Mutsu