[F02- PP] Use Your Head «Breaking the Unbreakable» w/ Mars

Log Entry 19

After killing some knights and nearly getting stabbed by an NPC on floor nine Mars and I head back down to the second floor to go punch a rock. Hopefully it isn’t as painful as it sounds and hopefully having Mars, the martial arts master, with me will help a lot. 

———————————

Cosi stepped out of the teleporter and as usual he felt slightly sick and was very disoriented. Those things were evil. As the blonde haired warrior stabilized himself Mars stride out of the teleporter without any detrimental effects it seemed. Cosi dry heaved once and then stood up, “I hate those things.” He said to his dark haired companion. “So where do we go to do this quest? Or do we just choose a random rock to punch?” As Cosi waited for Mars’ response he looked around the main city of Urbus. There were cobbled roads and buildings made of stone and wood which didn’t exceed two stories. The most interesting thing was that the city was housed in a massive crater. 

@Mars

He grins ever so slightly at the question that Cosi asks in regards to the quest knowing that he himself is going to enjoy this a lot in terms of what is going to happen when it comes to the quest. Mars opens up his menu and selects his inventory and quickly equips some vanity clothing as he now wears a simple black shirt shirt with a paldron on it for a cape to go down his right side and long black pants as he looks down at the outfit. Having found it to try and test out a certain design for what would be acceptable for some battle gear and fully intending to pass it off as such until he would get proven wrong by somebody just so he can see if it is worth having it styled as such or to change it to be something more fitting in terms of design. Well the rock in question Cosi is all the way on the highest mountain on this floor which you will need to climb before you're allowed to punch a rock. He says towards Cosi with a grin on his face as he waits to hear the reaction.

Mars switched into some vanity clothes so Cosi did the same: unequipping his armor and sword and replacing them with a dragon shaped ring and a bracelet with obsidian and other semiprecious stone beads. It can’t hurt to be prepared to go hunting for loot, the blonde thought to himself. He was left in a blue long sleeve cotton looking shirt with a harness to keep his shield still on his back and still wearing his greaves and sabatons. At Mars’ comment Cosi cracked his knuckles and grinned, “Sweet. Uh.. which mountain is that?” Cosi asked Mars, his smile faltering as his gaze swept the horizon seeing the many massive mountains that surrounded the city. “Cause I love hiking and climbing but anyone of those mountains are just umm... a little taller than any peaks I’ve climbed. So...” Cosi looked to Mars, “Please tell me its that one over there.” Cosi pointed to one slightly shorter than the others. 

@Mars

He chuckles softly and gives a comforting pat on the back of Cosi while giving him a smirk that can finally be viewed since his outfit no longer covers his face entirely as Cosi can see the smirk of amusement and the matching look in Mars' eyes. Nope. First we're going for a hike, than we're climbing a mountain, and then you're punching a rock till it breaks. He says in a rather amused tone of voice before gesturing for the blonde to follow him towards the mountain in question which is on the eastern side of the floor quite a long distance away from the main settlement as Mars just smiles knowing the reason at least in terms of if one wanted to put a philosophy to the quest. That the hike and mountain climbing is a test of endurance and willingness to pursue the right way of fighting hand to hand with an opponent. TO have the unending endurance and durability to handle the nonstop physical labor that would sooner kill a man most likely in the real world.

At Mars’ smirk and pat on the back Cosi slumps with a dejected sigh, “Damn it, I was hoping you wouldn’t say that.” Cosi gripes for a second or two longer and then straightens up and follows Mars out of the city to begin the trek across the rocky plains towards the base of the mountain. He quickly catches up to the martial artist and matches pace with him as they move over hills and rocky areas. After s couple of minutes of walking Cosi turns to Mars, “So how big of a rock are we talking about here? Also will I just be laying into it or is there a regimented way I have to break it? Also I sure hope you give me pointers or this may take forever.” Cosi then stopped his verbal bombardment and gave Mars some time to answer his questions. Cosi didn’t know if he would use the martial arts skill in his new build- Shield had talked about a two handed weapon- but who knew. Cosi shrugged to himself. Maybe I’ll ask Shiled about it once we go try and find my familiar. Cosi kept walking, focused on the far away but looming mountain. That would be extremely fun to climb. Not really. 

@Mars

The martial artist smiles to himself at all the questions since it at the very least means he won't have to deal with someone that has no idea of what they are meant to be doing for this quest so he can focus more importantly on just laying into the rock with his fists to try and speed up the process. Well it is quite simple Cosi that this rock as you like to call it is a rather big boulder in reality and is about 25 meters if the NPC is telling the truth so you get to enjoy having to punch that into oblivion. However, i do recommend that you get use to the feeling of your hands hurting that is to say that might be true if your mind still is able to trick you into thinking the pain you should be feeling but don't is real. He explains in a slightly round about way towards the blonde haired player as the black haired martial artist continues moving forward the red cape that is attached to the pauldron at Mars' shoulders move ever so slightly with every step that the player makes. The liger at Mars' side letting flames leak off of it burning the ground it steps on with every step before they quickly disappear since the ground is an immortal object.

Cosi gave a low whistle. “Twenty five meters across you say. That is one big boulder,” Cosi cracks his knuckles again. My hands are definitely going to be hurting during this quest. Thank goodness I have Mars with me. Cosi kept walking towards the mountain. The pair were much closer now so hopefully it wouldn’t be too long till they began climbing it. Not that the mountain didn’t look smaller up close. Nope it looks down right massive. Cosi sighed and increased the pace, “You said NPC. Is there some guru or sensei up there who gives this quest?” As Cosi waits for Mars answer he just continues to walk picking his way across rocky and gravel covered ground. This floor is all rock and dirt. Also there’s mountains but no snow. Floor four is definitely better. Cosi just kept walking, adjusting his teal scarf, and then playing with his dragon ring. This quest would be interesting: mountain climbing and rock punching. 

@Mars

He makes his way through the floor staring up at the giant mountain with a grin on his face wondering how many times it will take Cosi to try and climb the massive mountain successfully, and how many close calls he could possibly have while climbing. He shrugs his shoulders to himself at his own thoughts since he is confident that by the end of the day he will be able to make it up to the mountain without the whole death thing that would occur. Yeah their is a guru on that mountain type of NPC that hands out the quest gives you painted on whiskers to show that you're taking the quest and they won't be removable until you complete said quest. He says towards the blonde haired tank as they slowly get to the base of the extremely tall mountain as he glances back towards Cosi and grins towards him as Mars crosses his arms at hsi chest and then gestures towards the mountain with a expectant look. Well. Get climbing. He says rather simply towards the tank.

"Oh joy." Cosi says as he hears about what the guru atop the mountain will do, "Really? Whiskers?" Then the two players make it to the base of the mountain. Cosi cranes his neck to look up at the mountain's peak and sighs when Mars instructs him to start climbing. "Well here goes nothing." And with that the blonde haired tank begins hiking up the mountain trying to find the path of least resistance up it. The climb is hard but really not as arduous as anything as Cosi climbed in real life. Then of course the mountain became steeper, forcing Cosi to begin using his hands. He scrambled over rocks, jumped over small chasms, and hauled himself over boulders. Cosi paused to catch his breath and turned to look back at Mars. The dark haired player was moving forward inexorably and surely, like he had done this before. Which Mars had.  

@Mars

He grins as he waits for a bit for Cosi to make a significant impact into the climb before he would do anything to make sure that he wouldn't fall and get himself killed from doing so as he quickly starts climbing up the mountain himself with strength and speed fitting of his preferred method of fighting and from having climbed this mountain twice before also. He glances towards the side of Cosi who manages to remain climbign rather well without too much trouble as mars' familiar remains at the base of the mountain since it can't climb up the mountain this steep by itself. So having fun so far Cosi? he asks the player with a grin upon his face as he climbs the mountain with ease while he keeps a eye on Cosi and tries to remain close enough towards Cosi to be able to grab him if he falls by any sort of manner to make sure that he doesn't die from falling and killing himself from falling.

Cosi was in the middle of hauling himself up a steep rock when Mars landed above the blonde. Cosi's grip loosened as the sudden appearance startled him, but he managed to catch himself.  "Oh definitely. Tons of fun. Just loads of fun. I;m just having a grand, old, peachy time?" Cosi grinned at his fellow companion. He pulled himself up to stand by Mars and kept going. This part of the climb was much, much more steep and Cosi had to actually climb now by jamming his feet and hand into small cracks and fractures in the rock, and then pulling himself up. It was slow going and arduous but Cosi was used to it. He had done plenty of rock climbing with a friend of his back in the real world. Still it was hard and the blonde player slipped once or twice causing him to move slower and be more carefully. He definitely didn't want to fall all the way back to the floor's floor. That would probably kill him and he wasn't going to die now. Not till he completed his goal. 

@Mars

The black haired martial artist climbs up the mountain unimpeded by any of the terrain or the difficulty of the steep climb as he eventually makes it to the top without any serious difficulty as he rests up at the top taking some breathes in and out to get some oxygen within him. Since while it was an easy climb doesn't mean that it wasn't exhausting by the very end of it. The martial artist leans back and lays back against the ground and waits patiently for Cosi to make his way over and on top of the mountain as Mars just looks up towards the sky to watch the clouds lazily drift past in the sky. Eventually when Cosi would make it Mars would get off of the ground and away from the edge to avoid accidentally falling off of it he glances towards the side watching the NPC make his way over right on cue for a new player making it to the top as he just grins and waits patiently for the NPC to lead Cosi to the boulder.

Cosi pulled himself upwards by his fingertips one last time, his feet scrabbled for any grip, and the blonde hoisted himself over the ledge. The blonde player rolled over onto his back and came to a rest a couple feet from the mountain edge. Cosi felt like every inch of his body was covered in sweat, he breathed out heavily, his eyes closed. Just rest for a minute and then I can- Cosi felt two quick swipes of something cold across his face and then a small chuckle. Cosi opened his eyes. Above him he saw an old man, bald and with a Santa beard leaning over him with a inked calligraphy brush in his hands. The old man was in a traditional Japanese Gi and was smiling. "Damn it Mars. I thought you were joking about the whisker drawing sensei" Cosi rolled over and pushed himself up into a standing position. His muscles screamed at him. Cosi turned to the NPC who was head and shoulders shorter than him, "So sensei or master or whatever you want to be called. What rock am I supposed to punch?" Cosi would've had bowed but he was afraid he would just fall over. 

@Mars

Mars grins even more at seeing Cosi get the whiskers and than the subsequent following of the complaining about it. Finding the pain and misery rather hilarious only for the simple fact it is about something as trivial as getting whiskers painted on him by a olden NPC wearing a rather buddhist or japanese style of ghi one would expect from monks. He watches the interaction from a nice distance with a amused look as he than starts to make his way towards the boulder as the NPC does the same with leading Cosi towards it as well. Mars knowing it from memory with the NPC doing it out of necessity since it is part of its programming to do such a thing. The black haired martial artist rests against the ground and waits patiently for the boulder to be available to punch since he wouldn't want to take the first swing of it away from Cosi just encase the game has weird spawning rules about such things. I would never lie Cosi. He says as he would arrive at the boulder and the NPC would be leaving.

As the NPC leads Cosi over to a massive boulder twice as tall as the blonde player, Cosi sticks his tongue out at Mars, then grins at his companion. Cosi turned around to see the massive boulder the NPC was pointing to and practically wilted. "I have to break that, with my hands. That's practically half of the mountain." Cosi asked the NPC incredulously holding his hands up. The bearded master nodded solemnly but with a smile on his face. Cosi sighed, looked at his hands, brought back a fist, and thudded it into the stone.

A curse escaped the blonde player's mouth as he held his right hand in agony, "Damn it! That felt like I... actually that felt like I just punched a rock." Cosi looked down at his hand, expecting to see his knuckles covered in blood. Thank goodness he didn't. Then he looked back to the boulder and saw how much damage he had done to the massive stone. I hardly put a dent in it. That's expected.

Spoiler

Action: ID# 107277- BD: 4+2 (-2 evasion)= 6- hit

1 Damage

Boulder- Hp: 49/50- EVA: -2

@Mars

Edited by Cosi

He chuckles softly at hearing that from Cosi as he nods his head at the whole thing about needing to break the boulder as he starts to make his way over towards the boulder to try and break it apart with his bare hands like he had done two times before. He looks towards the boulder and quickly strikes out with his fist as he watches the HP of the boulder break apart on contact as he takes a solid chunk out of it with a rather casual look within his eyes. he than glances back towards Cosi and steps away from the boulder and demonstrates the same punch that he did right then. That is how you throw a punch without shattering your arm. He says towards the blonde haired player with an amused look within his eyes as he steps back from him and gestures for him to try once more without shattering his arm and breaking maybe more than just a hand.

#107307 BD:6+3+2=11 15 DMG

34/50

Edited by Mars

"So like this?" Cosi tried to emulate Mar's rock shattering strike. The string of curses that erupted from Cosi's mouth were twice as vulgar as last time. The blonde player hopped around the mountain top clutching his arm in pain. "****! Mars it didn't work, damn it! It didn't ****ing work! God damn that hurts!" Cosi spun around in circles a couple more times, still cursing loudly to himself. "Damn!" Cosi finally calmed down enough to stop hopping around like a fish out of water and turned back to his dark clad companion. Heavens above that hurt a lot. Cosi looked down at his arm again. Still no blood and still not broken somehow. "Okay." Cosi winced, "I think I'm good. Show me one more time mate." Cosi hoped that mars didn't laugh at him but still he waited for the other player to demonstrate how to punch the right way again. 

Spoiler

Action: ID# 107309- BD: 2+2=4- Result: miss?

Boulder- Hp: 34/50

@Mars

Edited by Cosi

He watches Cosi proceed to punch the rock and fail to keep to form horribly as he watches the impact and sees the rock's hp remain entirely unchanged. he quickly starts laughing at Cosi's reaction and the following swearing quickly stiffing his laughter to remain as professional as possible. Seems like you dind't catch me actually watch the person who is a master at punching things punch a thing. he says semi-jokingly as he once more walks over towards the rock and quickly launches an attack hist fist impacting against the rock and quickly causing it to crack and slowly get close to shattering within a instance from his fist meeting the rock as it loses more than half of its hp just because of him punching the thing into oblivion slowly but surely. Mars backs away from the boulder afterward and glances towards Cosi and gestures for him to try once more to break this boulder on his own.

#107313 BD:7+5=12  15

Boulder- Hp: 19/50

Edited by Mars

Cosi tried to watch Mars and see what his form looked like but good heavens the dark haired player was moving so fast that most of his moves were a blur. Still, Cosi turned back to the massive rock, sighed and the readied himself. Cosi squared himself to the rock, widened his stance a little- putting his left foot forward and right foot back- then drew his arm back and swung. The blonde torqued his trunk as he did so to add more force- like Mars did- and when his fist collided with the rock it didn't hurt as much. In fact, a fair sized chunk of rock broke off. Cosi turned to his dark haired companion and grinned widely, "Hey, I didn't almost break my arm that time." The massive boulder was substantially damaged at this point. Probably a couple more hits, especially one from Mars, and the rock would break. Then Cosi would be done with the quest and could lose the dumb mustache. 

Spoiler

Action: ID# 107314- BD: 9- Result: Crit

2 Damage

Boulder- Hp: 17/50

@Mace

Edited by Cosi

He looks towards the boulder as he moves forward patting Cosi upon the soldier as a form of congratulating him for being able to punch the boulder without shattering his entire arm, and more importantly doing a small bit of health damage to it that could be viewable from its health bar. He gets into a stance to try and break the boulder only to fail...catastrophically. He swings his fist forward as he punches the boulder at an angle instead of head on as he grits his teeth able to feel a slight recoil along his arm as he moves it away. Not letting the pain that he could feel get to him as he slightly narrows his eyes at the boulder only barely noticeable with absolute hatred for how this boulder is able to make players feel pain and harm somehow unlike anything else in this world. Well go ahead Cosi once more. He says with a gesture towards the boulder as if trying to act like that was part of his plan.

#107419 BD:1

Edited by Mars