[ SP - 03 ] Something Familiar <<Feeding the Enemy>>

Ptolemy internally frowned at this story and complained that it was a sad and horrible one. But when Victoria explained the moral, Klaus understood it and chuckled at his rudeness.  I don't know where she got her stories, but they were something.  His mind jumped back to when Ann had told him a story. It was just as depressing as Victoria's but it also held a great meaning. She explained it like this:

There once was a blind woman who hated herself purely because she could not see. The only person she loved was her boyfriend, as he was always there for her. She said that if she could only see the world, then she would marry him. One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to her – now she could see everything, including her boyfriend. Her loving boyfriend asked her, “now that you can see the world, will you marry me?”The woman was shocked when she saw that her boyfriend was blind too, and refused to marry him. Her boyfriend walked away in tears, and wrote a short note to her saying: “Just take care of my eyes, dear.”

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although he wasn't particularly happy with the story, Ptolemy still understood the depth of it.  Your views on life change when things are unexpected. He sighed and finished off his coffee mug. He sat there for a while and just stared outside the window. Unconsciously, he started to hum 'Pure Imagination', cycling to himself he leaned back on to his chair again and sighed. What's another story that held some kind of moral? Has Valerie told me any stories? Maybe if I rummaged through my head, I can find one. I am confident she has told me one before. He went deep into thought for a few minutes. She used to tell me a lot of ones that concerned animals from what I have remembered. She loved them. There was the one about the fox, and then that one with the lion. Both held some pretty good meaning behind the silly characters.

One went along the lines of: 

One afternoon, a fox was walking through the forest and spotted a bunch of grapes hanging from a lofty branch.“Just the thing to quench my thirst,” he thought. Taking a couple of steps back, the fox jumped and just missed the hanging grapes. The fox tried again but still failed to reach them. Finally, giving up, the fox turned his nose up and said, “They’re probably sour anyway,” and walked away.

Even though it was relatively short, Klaus had enjoyed his quietest sister tell a tale to remember. he was pretty sure that she didn't even get the moral of the story but it was still nice to hear his sister talk to him. She had told him that she came up with it herself, Klaus high doubted her since he had heard many similar stories like this on the internet but kept quiet to let Valerie have her fifteen seconds of fame.

Around when Val was four, she had told him yet another story that concerned an animal. This time involving a lion, a deer, and a hare. His younger sister looked so excited to tell him, so he let her have another round of fame and let her explain.

It was an incredibly hot day and a lion was feeling very hungry. He crawled out of his den and searched here and there, but he could only find a small hare. He caught the hare, but with some hesitation as he knew the hare wouldn’t fill him up. As the lion was about to kill the hare, he spotted a deer coming his way and thought, “Instead of eating this small hare, let me eat that big deer.”So he let the hare go and went after the deer, but it vanished in the forest. The lion now had nothing to eat as the hare was also long gone.

But this time Valerie had actually understood what the story was about and explained everything the falbbergasted Kalus.

I think that was enough storytelling for now. Klaus tugged on his gray scarf tighter. Perhaps that wasn't such a good idea. I feel incredibly homesick now. He pressed his chin against his palm and sighed. I wonder if Ann and Val were here. They'd cause a lot of trouble, that's for sure. But what would they do? Would they stay around with their deadweight brother? Or go out and explore, possibly getting killed?  He didn't like thinking about that subject anymore. They're not here. So that's a relieving thought. I wouldn't know what I'd do to myself if one of them got hurt, or even killed. I wouldn't be the same. Mother and father would most likely blame me on whoever died, saying that I 'wasn't strong enough' or 'a bad brother'. The thought made him grit his teeth. It would be my fault though. If any of them ever died in SAO, it would be entirely my fault.

Ptolemy sighed and pressed his forehead against the smooth and cold table.  What if they got into SAO? It would be havoc on Aincrad. He chuckled, a small smile appearing on his lips. Thinking about one last story before he left, he decided on one. 

Two friends were walking through the desert. At one stage in their journey, they argued and one friend slapped the other one in the face. The one who got slapped was hurt, but without saying anything he wrote in the sand, “Today my best friend slapped me in the face.”They kept on walking until they found an oasis, where they decided to wash. The one who had been slapped got stuck in a mire and started drowning, but his friend saved him. After he had recovered from his shock, he wrote on a stone, “Today my best friend saved my life.”The friend who slapped and saved his best friend asked him, “After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now, you write in stone, why?”The other friend replied, “When someone hurts us we should write it down in the sand where winds of forgiveness can erase it away. But, when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it.”

ID: 107088

LD: 9 + 2 + 3 = 14

BIG FAT FAIL

Edited by Ptolemy