[F-04 -PP] (Black, Mars) Iron sharpens Iron << The Essence of Steel >>

Black was a long way from Snowfrost. He didn't know much about this foreign territory except that it operated a lot like bridgeport. It had fast snowy fields that expanded across much of it's biome and tall snowy mountains. Like, Bridgeport back in the dtates,  the town itself was lacking in commodities. It was only a small refuge of a few log cabins and a few cottages that littered the area in private residences. Of all the seasons in the world, Black despised winter the most. It was no surprise that he would also be acutely disgusted at the frigid temperatures of the environment. He spent most of his time warming up on coffee at the Hearth and Harrow. A simple little tavern. 

"Full house, Kaizer. Read 'em and weep." Black boasted as he raked in his poker chips. The man was blessed with infallible luck. He left his bet of 100 Col on the table and looked for other worthy challengers. 

Optional mission: Challenge Black to a hand of Poker. (Win on a CD Roll of 7+)

@Mars

Edited by Black

He makes his way through snowfrost during the middle of the day the black haired martial artist making his way through the area of the main settlement in light armor not being affected by the weather around him from having survival to allow him to walk through this environment without feeling anything in terms of its frostbite type of weather. The warrior glancing towards a tavern and nods his head as he starts to enter the building wearing a simple predominantly black colored outfit. With a singular red cape that flutters off of him with a cut down the middle of it. The rest of the outfit being a sleek black in design as if to allow one to move swiftly and unimpeded. Having wraps around his hands as he glances around and looks towards the most active table that is within the bar and sees some people walking away from a table with a man that is holding a deck of cards. 'Gambling, or information?' He wonders to himself in silence before glancing back forward and makes his way towards a different table that doesn't have anybody at it and gestures with his hand for a NPC to take his order which is that of ice water, and a warm meal. At his side is a liger that has flames coming off of it that sits right next to the warrior who fixes his gaze at his table as if to ignore the world around him.

Black began to shuffle his deck an eye the patrons of the tavern who entered. With a sly smiled he observed the ebony haired martial artist enduring. He seemed to be like one of those Nordic barbarians with his ivory skin and the way he didn't seem to be bothered by the cold. Black hadn't yet picked up on the fact that there was a survival skill that made people nigh immune to the harshness of the elements. He wondered how they could be desensitize to such things. Maybe some of the players were just already from naturally cold places like how those from the north in the united states actually have snow, whereas in Texas snow was a myth. It was as much a fairytale as the Mexican Chupacabra or mythical dragons. 

The dark color of the outfit put up an air of mystery. 'Well, if it isn't the king if darkness himself. It's -actually- satan' The young platinum blonde haired shinobi thought to himself as he eyed the red cape. 'With the red cape to match'. He watches as the man orders a meal and seems to have a flaming liver pet accompanying him. 'Maybe that's why he's not cold...dang, why didn't my familiar think of that..I had to leave him outside because he wanted to be a frost wolf...'

Black began to take his winnings and slide them over to the bartender for a drink. "What news you got for me, Rick? " His thick voice bellowed. 

The bartender then responded by telling a tale about a beast and a skull and a rare item drop, but the hell one would face to challenge it. 

@Mars

He opens up his inventory as he waits patiently for his meal as he takes out some notes about information he has had to pay for in some way or the other as he glances through them and spreads across the table the files about the quests upon this floor that he will need to think carefully about taking on. Glancing at each one he looks at Absolute Zero the quest that is meant to be some sort of trial by fire for most who would want to test their damage for the frontlines is something he has heard before. 'Along with teamwork skills by having a tank, but with myself and Pinball the two of us could probably tag team this thing together by just powering our way through everything.' He thinks to himself with a slight smirk at such a thought of doing something as dangerous as the duo having taken on Ki'Raon and the Nemeon lions together. 'Something i should message him about to see if we can get lucky enough for that type of thing.' He than glances towards the other quest that is viable for himself the essence of steel which would be rather good if he had some items he would want identified in the future for the fate of the lower leveled players to get them going in succeeding by having various weapons to improve themselves.

Black saddles up on the chair and leans in as the man speaks. He wears an invested expression as he drinks from his glass of whiskey. "It okay to smoke in here?" The brown skinned warrior asks as he slides out a cigar. The bartender takes a look around at the patrons and nods a few time. 

Perfect. Black takes a drag of the cigar , whether it had any effect was left to be seen, but it seemed like a habit of his daily routine as a grunt. He functioned off cigarettes, beer, and energy drinks. When he didn't have energy drinks, he drank coffee, but the ******rds that got here before him drank up the whole coffee pot. 

"There's a mighty snow beast that'll appear if you strike a skull up on this mountain with a bone. That'll trigger it. But word on the street is...he's as strong as a floor boss. And he'll blow through a tank's defenses. " 

Black rolled his tongue along the inside of his cheek. 

"What level do most people do that one at?" He wondered. 

" You definitely want to be over twenty five. "

Black stared at the man as the cigar in his mouth drooped down as if he suddenly lost excitement in the quest. 

@Mars

Edited by Black

He glances up towards the bar as he can hear the voices rather clearly speak about the quest that he has information on as he grabs his papers and put them back into his inventory as the food he has ordered comes to his table as he nods politely at the NPC before he begins to eat the food he has ordered rather happily. Tossing his familiar a piece of meat every now and than to make sure it behaves well enough while also having enough strength for the walks they they do. To have it give out on him during the middle of a fight would certainly be spelling for him death rather quickly if his damage supply just disappeared in a instance. He looks towards the player that looks rather surprised about the information he had been handed by the NPC and waits calmly to see what he will do with this new info. Be it leaving and let himself be discouraged, message for help, or look more closely around where he is to look for help that is more on hand rather than away and probably busy. Viewing the situation like one would a TV show with utter amusement to see what the character's plan is with the character in this situation being a fellow player.

Black began to recline back and blow out a breath of exhaustion as he closed his eyes, his neck bent backwards as he lifted his head to stare at the ceiling. His eyes narrowed into a squint as he considered his options. He needed to do a bit of research. He began to analyze his gear and the different strengths that he had available to him. He had health potions, overhealth, potions, and a few food items. It was times like this that he wished he brought along evasion or mitigation snacks. He started to notice how futile his accuracy gear was when no matter what, the most he could ever do was one damage. That is, unless he scored a critical hit. He looked at his available SP and wondered if speccing into something could be useful. 

He twisted his lip into a frown and pulled out his friends list menu. He sent a message out to Hestia, but considered that she might busy. He waited a moment for a response and kept drinking his Whiskey. 
"Level 25...tch...just wait until I get really cooking. A rank 10 chef can crank out enough buffs to wipe the floor with that Snow Beast..." He grumbled. 

@Mars

He finishes his meal having noticed the person took to the trying to message someone option as he shrugs his shoulders ever so slightly at the other players attempt to call in help since it is rather uncertain if it will come in the end. However, at the very least he is wanting to do a quest and the very bare minimum would allow him to see if there is other players that would be worth having around to try and accomplish future quests with Pinball and himself. 'Time to see if i can make an ally out of today.' he thinks to himself with a smirk on his face as he gets out of the chair and makes his way across the room towards the player in question still wearing his combat armor as he looks towards him having his arms crossed at his chest. Good Evening sir i couldn't help but overhear your conversation. My name is Mars a martial artist wanting to do that quest you were thinking of doing. The liger at my side is Valen he is stubborn and prideful so be careful when talking about him. He says as he glances down towards the beast that had a slight aura of flame gathering at its mouth that disperses when given a short glare.

Black decided to give it a few minutes. No word from Hestia yet. 'She must be busy handling things with the people up top. She was speaking about organizing meetings. She's probably a done floors above this one. She did also have to go and talk to the crafters. I'm sure she's all over the place at this point. I hope she can shut down those player killers...though, she really needs to be careful around that Aereth guy.' Black thought as he took a drag of his cigar and rested his elbows on his desk. 

The man he was hoping would entertain him with a game of cards seemed to have just finished his meal and had parted his mouth to speak to the fledgling adventurer. 

He spoke of overhearing the man's conversation. 'Alright, somebody took the bait. Nice. ' Black thought to himself as his militant eyes kept their bearing upon the man that approached. 

"A martial...artist?" Black paused for a moment as he looked perplexed. It was true, he didn't notice a sword on the man. He thought that it was gist likely he didn't have it equipped. 'Hmm...a martial artist...like Aereth. Might be a good chance to see how strong that ability is.' 

" I see..I've only got to see Martial Arts at the lower levels. It'd be cool to check out the moves from someone that really plowed points into the skill. " He then looks from the liver back to it's master. " The names Black. I'm a tank build and a pretty d*** good cook, too. I'm down to saddle up with you. You after the item, too? Maybe we settle who gets it with the flip of a col?" He states pulling out a coin from his pouch. 

"Heads or Tails?"

(CD of 7+ is a win. This is optional) 

@Mars

Edited by Black

He looks towards the player who introduces himself as he just nods his head at the name that was chosen knowing that for some naming convention is a slight formality or either a more symbolic meaning than what would be first gleamed from trying to understand just the surface of it. Well if you want to see martial arts in action you'll see my singular strike knock down the monster in question with a singular strike, or we could do a half-loss duel and you could experience the power of an attack with a martial artist holding back since i wouldn't want to kill you or anything like that. He says towards the man in a polite tone of voice as he looks towards the piece of col knowing that for him if he gets the item or not is important to him, but in the end it is always useful to have such an item if he comes across a useful enhancement on a piece of gear to have the item now rather than have to grind for it later. I'll accept your bet Black i call heads. He says simply using previous experience of heads having always been the most likely outcome in reality now it is time to test if that principle is followed by the game.

Black wanted to test the man's nerve and mettle. Nothing seemed to do that like a good ole round of gambling. Something about that intoxicating aroma of taking risks. As Black turned to Mars, the Kanji symbol on his silver headband would read "Lucky Devil' . Oh, it was music to the young hustler's ears to hear someone accept his challenge. Of course, it was a fair game. Fifty fifty odds. Out of transparency he even showed the man both sides of the coin. No gimmicks. No tricks. Just a chance for two men to have lady luck adorning their arms as their mistress. However, Black had been spending many nights with Lady Luck already. 'And you know what they say...once you go Black...there's no going back' The mischievous gambler thought as he enticed the man in his wicked game. 

"Heads, huh?" Black hummed lightly as he flicked the coin up in the air, snatched it with flair, then set it down on the the top of his left hand. "Haven't you ever heard tails never fails?" Black smirks as he unveils the coin. Sure, enough, there it was. Tails. 

The brief moment of satisfaction endured, however, the real superiority lid in the man's strength. "The One punch man build? Now this I got to see." He laughed, almost sounding like he couldn't believe it. "A enemy with the strength of a floor boss?" He said casing the man a second glance. His skepticism evaporated by the man's serious nature. "Well, fine, let's go do some hunting. One punch, right? I better grab my camera for this one." 

@Mars

Spoiler

90bd20b84afb5e539ed7cde0dd2659d4.png

Edited by Black

He watches the coin flips into the air as he crosses his arms at his chest and waits for the results and sure enough tails enough up getting the successful win as he sighs softly at that and shakes his head in disappointment. Well when it comes down to it luck is just that a factor of it being 50/50 chance no matter what way you would want to look at it. Superstitions like tails always win is just the odds having been favorable and more remembered for that one. He says rather calmly as he than starts making his way out of the tavern towards the location of the quest to start the hunt. He nods his head at the skepticism of the man in front of him knowing that for most people it is usually just a fact of having to see it to believe it for most people finding it hard to believe that one could kill a quest mob in a singular strike. This enemy that is for this quest is actually not as bad people try to make it sound if we're being honest Black. it is rather weak and rather easy to beat if you have the correct stats and damage on your side.

Edited by Mars

Black gets a vibe from the way the man speaks about his demeanor. His voice seemed stoic. he had a more logical response than and emotional reaction to the outcome. 'A thinker more than a feeler?' Black pondered. His eyes loomed over the man's dark garb as if he was sizing him up.  'He wears a lot of black. Hiding something? Doesn't want to be seen maybe?' Black thought to himself. "Hm..perhaps so." Black grinned lightly as he looked out the window to the never-ending snowfall. "You ever hear about a man named Aereth? I hear he's a talented Martial Artist." Black imparts, just to see what type of reaction it might leave with the man. "Well, then, I suppose we should head out. Sounds to me like you have all the right tools for the job. " Black stated as he grabbed his coat and started to wander outside. His feet crunched in the snow as he headed towards the objective. 

@Mars

He glances towards the player whose build he doesn't even know as he walks out in the main settlement not being impacted by the cold whatsoever as his familiar is at his side blazing with fire to keep itself warm as he starts making his way towards the mountain where the quest mob is meant to spawn at. He glances back towards Black at the mentioning of Aincrad's greatest killer next to mari. Yes i've heard about Aereth the killer of killers i would avoid him if i could someone who can kill so easily probably has to have something maybe a bit wrong with him. That or he is some kind of soldier in terms of mentality to be able to avoid those psychological damages that would come from such a thing. he says with a shrug not being a master of psychology and the impact of trauma that much being much more better at the social interactions and being able to use words rather effectively. WHy do you ask? Are you one of those people that want to try and hunt and stop the man from doing his thing? Or one of his supporters? He asks curiously towards Black.

Black would huff out a white cloud as Kiba came and approaches him. He was a white wolf with icy blue designs across his fur. This was perhaps the most chasing version of the wolf as it's very nature seemed chillingly serene. The hunter growled alongside it's master once it recognized him. "This is Kiba. He's a Spirit Wolf. He takes on the elements of the environment around him." Black chuckles at the wolf. "I guess that white fur gives him more natural camoflouge out here than me." 

Black walks casually with his hands in his pockets towards their destination. He listens in on how Mars seems to speak about the man. He seemed to be wary about him, even despite his own skill as a martial artist. 

Black noticed the man wanted to inquire about his own personal thoughts on the matter. The wandering ronin decided to simply mirror the man's attitude. "Well, you never know what a man is capable of...what a man can do is what a man will do ultimately. I asked because you're a martial artist. I figured maybe you've seen the man fight or heard about him since you have that in common." Black replies as he looks toward the man. 

"Heads up, I think this is the spot. " Black responds as he notices the skull. "I take it you're prepared. Let's go in for the kill." Black stated as he slammed the bone against the skull. 

@Mars

He nods his head in understanding of the basic principle but in the end he and the man known as Aereth have very different goals and ways to go about living their life while being trapped within this game. Aereth is a vastly different than myself and i have made an effort to only get involved with him if it needs to be for a type of a boss that would require me to work alongside him for the success of progressing the frontlines or lower death tolls. He says in a rather calm tone of voice towards the tank in question as he continues to make his way towards the destination as the skull item in question appears as he picks up the bone like bat and slams it against the skull creating a echoing ring that goes throughout the entire mountain range as he turns towards the mountain where a large roar is heard. The martial artist gets low to the ground as his fists glow with a red energy as he gets low to be in a sprinter's position to charge the enemy as soon as it appears. Don't blink or you'll miss me killing it. He says in a mix of seriousness and jokingness.

The skull echoed loud throughout the mountains and a loud roar came out along the other end of the mountain. High up in the mountains a Yeti like snowbeast screeched loud. The deafening sound erupted through the forest of cedar trees in the mountain. 

The low visibility had a crippling effect in distinguishing where their target was. Black stepped on a branch and snapped it. A loud predatorial boom came from above as an avalanche cascaded downward. Riding the avalanche was the Yeti, pounding on it's chest in a primal rage. 

Kiba growled angrily at the beast, prepared to strike him down with Black. 

"Oh, trust me, if anyone is going to have their eyes shut, I hope it's that Snow Beast after you pound it in the eye!" Black smirks. The samurai warrior unsheathes his sword and prepares himself for battle incase anything goes wrong. As he looks onward, the beast leaps into the air, ready to fight. "Incoming!" 

Snow Beast: 250/250 HP 160 DMG
Partial Phase: 24 DMG 

@Mars

He looks towards the snow beast and smirks to himself as he charges forward activating the skill as he bursts forward his fists glowing with a red energy as he jumps upwards towards the enemy as he quickly slams his fist into its chest as it shatters upon impact with him with this all happening within a span of a few seconds. Mars lands on the other side of the battlefield rolling parkour style to reduce impact to his feet as he looks over towards Black with a confident smirk on his face with a nod of his head. He slams his fists together at the success as he opens up his inventory the item in question that is the essence of steel as he throws it over towards Black with a grin on his face. As promised killed the opposition with a singular strike and got you the item as per our bet. I am a man of my word i keep my promises and do my best to make sure each one is made true in the end. He says in a polite tone of voice.

#107315 BD:3+3=6  15+3=18x15= 270 Damage! -17 ENG

Snow beast: 0/250 HP

Edited by Mars

Black looks over to Mars ad the thundering beast charges up to Mars. Black begins to think of his favorite character from Afro Samurai, Ninja Ninja  as he  plays his hip hop battle instrumentals and cries out to Mars. 

"Oh, uh uh! Do you see the fangs on that thing? That beast is straight out of a horror movie. You better watch out. That's like fighting eight men in one!" He sees Mars getting aggressive and charging onward. "Man, you're crazy! Don't look now but I think that mofo is ready to piledrive you and ride you like a surfboard down this mountain man! There's no hope!" Black throws his hand in front of him for dramatic intensity. 

"Man, he ain't listening. This about to be a closed casket funeral." The cheeky samurai remarks as he lights his cigar and prepares for the fireworks. 

"Oh shi- , Houston we have a problem! Mars just blew through the ape like a god d*** rocket man. He seriously crashed through the boss level mob like a meteor from hell, man!" Black watched as the man tumble in his parkour fashion. " Now that's badass." Black said in his urban street accent as he smirked with natural street flavor. The item appeared and he stowed it away. "How the hell you manage to do that? What level is it where you can do over freaking 250 HP?" 

@Mars

He looks over towards Black and chuckles softly at that question and shakes his head having found the rather colorful commentary equal parts annoying and rather amusing since he could get use to someone giving him praise for every little thing, but annoying since it could've messed with his flow and engagement into combat against the opposition to make him miss instead of hit like he had. Well to do damage like myself you have to be able to be a damage dealer that is tier two that is all that would be required from you o  do that kind of damage. He says towards the player known as Black with a nod of his head as he walks back over towards him with his familiar at his side once more casting a aura of flame around itself creating a shadowed feature for Mars with one side being lit up from the light and the other side darkened.  Though i would say that would be the end of the quest wouldn't you think so mister Black? He says in a polite tone of voice towards the player as he puts his hands within his own pockets getting comfortable while standing still.