[PP F-08] (Black, Mars) <<The Monkey King>>

The dense canopy of the trees above blocked out all light. Still, being amidst those same very canopies was otherworldly to Black as he noticed the woodland archers standing guard among the decks. The forest was too thick to notice any of the floors amazing hilly landscapes, but the village of Florenthia seemed to be located near the streams and was filled with a community of fishermen and hunter-gatherer like people. The climate was humid and the architecture of the buildings fascinated Black with their stony textures.

Black had just got done battling against the aggressive bears and boars in that area and was wiping the layer of digital sweat from his brow, which was a simulation of the game's refined fatigue features. “Holy s*** man...I knew it was a bad idea to chase that deer into that cave..I burst through the bushes and all of a sudden the deer I was chasing turned into a huge freaking bear man!” Black shook his head. “Still managed to get the deer meat to make deer sausage, though! It was totally worth it!” He grins gluttonously as he holds up the meat item to Mars as a trophy. “We're eating good tonight!”

@Mars

The black haired martial arts dodges a swing at his head by bending back away from an attack as he stares at the opponent with a rather passive look upon his face as his mind slowly settles into the cold statistical side of the player the one focusing on a singular goal. 'To win is all that matters.' He thinks to himself as he dodges another strike and quickly strikes out with his leg against the bear as it shatters into nothing as he than turns to Black who manages to do the same against an opponent that was also a bear as he nods towards the man as he does quick examine of the terrain and more importantly the floor. Floor eight, jungle, near a cave. Means the Monkey king should be nearby for us to fight and kill rather quickly for a quick little level boost before we charge into whatever happens on floor thirteen. He says in a rather calm and neutral tone of voice his mind shifting through information he has painstakingly memorized to be as efficient as a player and fighter as possible which includes the best questing locations to gain as much power as swiftly as possible. Knowing that if he had the time he would do the one on floor nine that takes two days to accomplish for a high reward.

Mars was one of the most nimble fighters that Black had the luxury of encountering. He never got to examine the martial arts skills so much in his life. “It's awesome how watching you is like watching Tekken or Street Fighter or something. I'm over here swinging swords and you're fighting bears like God damn Chuck Norris or some [censored]. “ Black laughs. “I swear it reminds me of that video in real life of that Aussie man punching that kangaroo in the face. Have you seen that one?”

Black laughs as he makes casual small talk while they pass up the town of Florenthia. “And monkey king? Oh f*** man. .I played this one MMO...monkeys were nasty to fight against man. They just fling poo at you. “ Black grimaced and then looked to Mars with a smirk. “Bro, I'm telling you right now, if we get into a fight with that thing, I'm not tanking. You're the one with the evasion skills, you better Bob and weave mother****er…” He shines a devious grin at the black haired fighter, thinking about him dodging the grossest simulation imaginable.

@Mars

There was a video of some Australia person punching a Kangaroo? I mean i've heard of the Emu Wars that they lost, but i didn't know they took Kangaroo boxing much more serious than their wars. He says jokingly towards Black trying to add in his own little bit of humor that he could manage to think of on the spot as he walks over towards the man and than continues forward past him to head towards the inside of the cave where the king in question should be residing at as he preps himself physically by rolling his shoulders and doing some stretches. Even though in reality that isn't required for this game since everything is digital and thus any cramps or such wouldn't be possible to gain from such a thing as not stretching before a big fight. You know Black you could tell me to do any quest and if it is a Me versus a singular mob type of quest i am willing to bet my life that i could take the enemy and come out on top victorious with the only exception being that quest i heard up on floor twenty one. Called Betrayal of the King. Supposedly meant to be some test of a war of attrition against the creature for the best of the best type players. He says honestly towards the tank the martial artist speaking with confidence or possibly arrogance depending on the view of the man's words that people could have.

“Aussies getting their asses kicked by Emus...damn..now I got more [censored] talking to do with the Aussies if I ever go back to Afghanistan or tell my boys online. I love those Aussie c****.” Black flashed a nostalgic smile. “Hmm..maybe there will be a kangaroo boss for you to fight on a floor someday...maybe he'll have the...sword arts..fist arts?” Black paused pondering what the hell you would call it in the game system.

He paused for a moment as he notice Mars begin to stretch outside of a large cave. “Is this it? This is one big ass cave...I thought we were fighting a monkey...not King Kong!” Black exclaimed while analyzing the massiveness of it all.

He then hears Mars claim that he could take on pretty much anything in the bottom sector of the floors. “Well God damn super man. Well, if you find Kayaba on any of these floors, would you be so kind as to kick his ass for me?” Black smirked. " And battles of attrition are my favorite kind.. .that's were you really test what a man is made of."

@Mars

He looks into the cave and starts to make his way inside the black haired martial artist eager to get into the fighting aspect of the quest mob that is inside the cave as he makes his way through it at a steady and even pace while walking deeper into the cave keeping his senses sharp. If their is ever a kangroo boss of any kind i will demand it somehow be in a boxing ring and only marital arts get to do it just for the joke of it you know? He says towards the tank with a smile across his face as he continues moving forward through the cave chuckling slightly at the thought of such a ridiculous creature, but having seen weirder ones during his time within Aincrad due to having been cursed by Pinball to have the most ridiculous mobs possible to fight. It's called the Monkey King, but it is basically King kong. Should be able to kill it with a singular shot if i am lucky enough to get the right conditions. He says towards the tank players as the sound of heavy breathing slowly fills the chamber like a low rumbling as the sense of being watched fills both players.

Black allows Mars to take point given that he was the was the higher level and more evasively tanky of the two. Black didn't care what role his filled whether pointman or taking up the rear. His years in the military taught him that his duty was to simply fill in any capacity where he was needed and perform to the best of his abilities. The sound of his footsteps were loud in his heavy armor. He had no proficiencies in matters of stealth despite trying to be as quiet as possible.

Mars began to joke about boxing matches with kangaroos which made Black chuckle. “I'd pay good money to see that. Maybe set up a food and beer stand right outside and sell tickets to the big fights.” He chuckled lightly. “You know what we should set up. Some fightclub tournaments. Haven't heard of those in months, man.” Black confessed with an air of enthusiasm. “Regulated the right way. Half-loss only. Maybe keep level brackets fair.” Black nodded at the idea. “That'd be some damn good entertainment. I got a spot at my dojo back home. Plenty of space. “ Black began to here screeching and suddenly little monkeys would begin scurrying away deeper in the caverns.

@Mars

He nods his head at the thought of a regulated fighting tournament the only issue being that all players will have to recognize it will have to be class vs class and not cross role fighting since it would just be an unbalanced mess at that point. Since no tier two tank could fight a tier two DPS and ever get close to winning a half loss duel against one with the opposite actually being true for most tier one DPS versus a tier one tank since when it comes down to it the rapid increase in damage of dedicated DPS usually out paces most tanks capability to tank hits. Though tank vs tanks would just have to instead of be against each other being against how many mobs they can kill and how much damage they can take. I mean the fight club thing could work it would certainly spark up something interesting in this game beyond what is normally their plus i think i got some ideas that could work for making that happen Black. He says with a slight smirk at his idea as suddenly he is interrupted by a loud smack right next to him as he jumps away as he can now see the defined gorilla like hand that slowly leads up towards a large beast towering over him and Black. Well than...i think i know what those rumbles were now. He says with a smirk as he charges up his attack once more. He kicks off the ground as hard as he can activating his skill as he moves towards the creature and goes for a swing at the enemy as the gorilla tries to counter it by swatting him out of the air like a fly. The marital artist does the only thing he could think of while in the air. He kicks off the gorilla forcing his attack to end as he flips in the air and looks at the creature still not even halfway up its body.

Action: All Might+charge #107742 BD:1 MD:2-3=-1

Mars: HP: 700/700     ENG: 68/70    DMG: 15 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds

Monkey King: 250/250 DMG: 240 MIT: 50

Edited by Mars

Black didn't really get much time to actually learn how the pvp mechanics even operated within the game. It was difficult to tell how abilities and classes scaled against each other as he had only ever been a tier one mostly partnered up with Tier 2s or lowbies as some referenced the tier one players under level fifteen. Black however was soon making himself enter the ranks of the tier twos and gaining more skills, although it would be harder for him to function in teams as he hadn't picked up any team based skills. The only thing he seemed to have had that could help him tank was a taunt enchantment on his shield. He had kept his damage enchantment off for this fight as he figured he probably coukdn't do much to actually harm the enemy. “I'm starting to think since I only have rank one sword arts...I should pick up something like bleed effects or something for my weapon. I barely do any damage unless it's thorns. Maybe war of attrition can be my way to go.” Black speaks openly, wondering what Mars’ take on the matter would be.

He listened as the man spoke about fight clubs. He shared Black's aporeciation for the finer things like beating the mess out of each other. Suddenly their talk would become interrupted by a large foe. “Oh, he look more  fearsome fearsome than Wu Kong, Donkey Kong, and King Kong put together.  God damn man! I think we need to run!” Black shouted out. He then sees Mars charge towards the great ape. “Not that way!” He laughs as he charges after him and clashes a bold swing against his enemy, dealing an amazing one damage, but gaining two points of taunt. He may not have realized his deadly mistake.

@Mars

Spoiler

ID- 107743

BD- 3 (+3)

1 Damage to Monkey King

Mars : HP: 700/700     ENG: 68/70    DMG: 15 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds

Black: HP: 420/420 HP ENG: 42/42 DMG:2 ACC:3 EVA: 0 PARA: 2 Taunt:1 Thorns: 2 REC:1

Monkey King: 249/250 DMG: 240 MIT: 50

Edited by Black

He watches the monkey king focus down upon the player known as Black as Mars frowns and lets himself fall as he quickly kicks off another passing arm from the king towards the enemy and punches it in the face as hard as he can causing it to become off balance and missing the attack aimed at the tank based player. The martial artist rolling along the ground parkour style to lesson the feeling of himself crashing onto the ground and to just create a nice fluid movement of getting right back up instead of falling straight onto his face. he than looks towards Black rather surprised at the tank actually attacking the enemy instead of leaving it to just himself to deal with the enemy as he can only just shrug his shoulders and accept that is just a think that is going to be happening and he will just have to kill it faster than it can kill his tank friend.

#107745 BD:3+4=7  15x15=225-50=175  MD:3 miss

Mars : HP: 700/700     ENG: 52/70    DMG: 15 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds

Black: HP: 420/420 HP ENG: 42/42 DMG:2 ACC:3 EVA: 0 PARA: 2 Taunt:1 Thorns: 2 REC:1

Monkey King: 74/250 DMG: 240 MIT: 50

Edited by Mars

The Glorious great ape had shrugged off Black’s blow and began thinking at it's chest like a vicious maniac. “Wait...why is it looking at me like it wants to tear my limbs apart?” Black’s chocolate brown eyes stared it down as he twisted his lip. He knew he miscalculated his assault by the way Mars frowned combined with the level of funk emanating from the beast's breath as it lunge forward at Black to screech, but only in a a taunting manner. Digital spit would fly everywhere and Black could see the beasts sharp fangs through his squinting eyes. “Goddamn, fam, you need to brush them thangs..they so yellow I was about to grab my pickaxe and mine some gold.”

He claimed taunting the beast. It was clear that the next few seconds would color and determine the course of the battle. It would be either an uphill struggle or an astonishing victory.

As the beast slammed it's feet against the deck, shutting up gravel behind him as he prepared to charge down Black, the reflection of Mars in the sky would be seen in Black's “Lucky Devil” headband.

Black smirked, having faith in his guardian angel in the sky. He knew he was close to staring death in the face. His fate rested in the combined abilities of Mars and his ability to land accurate blows while evading their opponents.

“Now you got to ask yourself…” Black took a step toward the the charging Gorilla. “Do I feel lucky?” Black then cracked his electrified Wakizashi like a whip to his left side. “Well...do ya’, punk?” Black said quoting Dirty Harry as he spat on the ground to the right of him.

The thundering crack of the punch to the face allowed Black to do a spinning flip and twirl his body in a fierce momentum as he dragged his sword across the beast's forearm, and dangled from his sword like he had it carved into a cliff.

He simply smirked at Mars and tapped his “Lucky Devil” headband twice. “What? I couldn’t let you have all the fun.”

Spoiler

ID-107750
BD-10

MD-3

-1 DMG + Stun/Para

Mars : HP: 700/700     ENG: 52/70    DMG: 15 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds

Monkey King: 73/250 DMG: 240 MIT: 50

Edited by Black

The martial artist lands upon the ground as Black finishes his strike against the monkey king paralyzing it as it is unable to move as the martial artist sprints forward without hesitation remembering the alligator fight where the paralyzed creature had time to escape it. The martial artist moves forward and slams his fist against the creature's leg as it than shatters into billions of hexagonal crystals with a big and bright quest completion to accompany it signaling victory for the duo of players facing off against the quest mob. Mars straightens himself out as he kills the creature taking a calming deep breathe before turning back to face Black with a thumbs up towards the player in question. Seems like we killed the creature without any issues. A successful day in my books if you would ask me. dead creature, more experience, nobody got hurt...except a giant monkey but i don't count it. he says joking towards his fellow player.

Action: All might #107754 BD:3+3=6  MD:10(paralyzed doesn't happen.)

[1]Mars : HP: 700/700     ENG: 32/70    DMG: 15 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds

[5]Black: HP: 420/420 HP ENG: 42/42 DMG:2 ACC:3 EVA: 0 PARA: 2 Taunt:1 Thorns: 2 REC:1

Monkey King: 0/250 DMG: 240 MIT: 50

Edited by Mars

Black would begin to get slung around as the beast cried out from the pain of paralyzation only to find himself the victim at being at the demented first fighter's mercy. “Go easy on ‘me, Mars! He didn't touch me, I swear!” Black shouted out with an evil grin on his face. He knew Mars wouldn't listen. Black then put on his best mortal kombat imoression. “FINISH HIM!”

The crazy man leaped forward like a leopard and sank his claws into the gorilla's leg as Black heard the sound effects of bones breaking. Black was too busy laughing until he realized how high up he was. “Aw, [censored]! Wait! Wait! Wait! Noooooooooo!” Black watched in agony as the gorilla shattered and his sword that was dug into it's digital flesh had nothing left to suspend the dark skinned shinobi in the air. He came tumbling down like a penny dropped from a skyscraper as he went splat along the surface.”

Well...[censored]...great job, Mars! “ Black says as his digital leg temporally breaks off and he suffers a bit of fall damage. He then wags a finger at his dismembered limb. Can you help me ughhh...put that back on?” He smirks at Mars. “I got some ugh… duct tape in the back of my rucksack there.” He thumbs over to his backpack sarcastically. “You know..I always thought it'd be y'know like an IED or something...but nope...horseplaying with gorillas..never saw it coming!”

Of course, in the next scene, Black's leg would totally pop back on, because that's totally how these games work. Right?

@Mars

Mars looks towards the tank as he falls towards the ground receiving some fall damage as he listened to every word spoken as he just looks towards the tank player with a rather passive and neutral look as his mind can only think of one thing in response to all of this. 'Oh god...this is a tank version of Pinball back when Pinball was full comedy act i swear.' He thinks to himself as he remembers....he remembers those times back in the past back when he and Pinball first teamed up together for quite a few quests as he walks over towards the tank and helps him to his feet while looking at the man quizzically. So than we killed King Kong. What is next on your to-do list of things to do before we head up towards floor thirteen? Going to do any quests on floor nine also, or jump straight towards thirteen since for myself i've managed to clear others up towards thirteen except one or two on floor nine. He says towards the tank player just being honest with the man if they are doing their working the way up the tower of Aincrad idea of taking quests as they progressed steadily to the event knocking out quests as swiftly as possible.

Black snickers at the man as he magically spawns an ethereal ghost leg out of nowhere that turns solid. “Now ya’ got to admit. That is pretty cool!” He says as he gets helped up by the mighty power of Mars. “Careful now, don't put too much power of you my lift my ass out if the game and Kayaba won't like that.” Black chuckles. He then perks up at the idea of more training. “Well, I did want to get to their three as quickly as possible. “

Admittedly, Black had his own reasons for wanting to be a tier three player and it wasn't solely based on virtuous motives. However he would take whatever additional training to help him reach his goal. Mars seemed to have a Marine's diligence when it came to getting experience. “Hmm...you already get any info of the info brokers about that floor? Know anything about the quests on that level that you haven't done?”

@Mars

He nods his head with a grin when asked about if he has any information. On floor nine depending on when the event thing is we couldn't do one based on time constraints since the first is Fire Guardian where we fight Cerberus but it takes two days to get to him. Than their is burning phoenix feather which is finding materials and than fighting a phoenix for a item that allows you to change the appearance of your armor or name of your armor/weapons. He says towards the tank player as he keeps his hands at his side as the familiar of Mars stays at his side resting by his feet the fire liger having a thin veil of flames to seemingly prevent anybody from touching it without suffering some type of degree burn for their stupidity and risk. Also for getting to tier three if you want to get their as swiftly as possible if you can provide the defense i can provide all the offense needed, and if we need more i have a friend that could be of use in that department. He says confidently thinking of his rival that could be of use if he can get into contact with the man to have him team up still with himself to fight of any opponents.

Black crosses his arms as he listens intently to the man before him. He realizes that information is power. Power to make sound decisions. Power to avoid death and better master his fate. He didn't want to die in the game and make a move too risky. The only reason he survived the day was a mere stroke of luck. He put his faith in Mars’ words and hoped that the player's experience would jeep the both safe from any dangers that may be lurking in the shadows.

Floor Nine apparently had game mechanics for time constraints on enemies. “Well, that's new...I think another quest is like that...on floor five..but I haven't done it yet.” Black confesses. He actually liked being able to feel the weather. It made the worlds feel more real to him. He enjoyed the immersion. “ I might pick that up on my own later. Some survival skill. Not sure how useful it really is. “  He then tapped his chin. “The Phoenix feather sounds exciting. Does the cerberus drop any useful items? Which gives more experience? “ Black tried to work as efficiently as possible. “As for the defenses, well, I'm a growing boy so I'm getting tankier by the day. I also have food buffs to give us the edge against the harder stuff.” He adds, thumbing over to his rucksack, before he gathers mushrooms from the cave.

Spoiler

ID-107761 LD 20

1T1 Mat found!

@Mars

Edited by Black

Traveler. He says with a nod remembering that quest rather well and the torture of the blistering heat upon his person since it is rather miserable considering that he wears a totally black outfit. The heat having practically felt like that he was boiling within his outfit from the sun having bared down on him. Cerberus gives the most possible experience for us to gain but it is a lot of time dedicated to that quest and we would have to be certain we have two days before this event would begin. He says towards the tank in question in a calm demeanor as he turns back towards the direction of the main settlement as he starts to make his way back gesturing towards Black to follow him as he makes his way towards the main teleporter which requires him to reach the main settlement. Well no time like the present Black lets go hit up that quest if we have the time. he says towards the man with a nod of his head.

8Black shook his head at the quest name. “Funny how I don't want to do a quest out in the desert but I'll sign up for one in a volcano. I must be crazy. “ He laughs as he tries to scavenge the area for more resources. He was beginning to run low. “I'm so close to two grand then I can improve my Chef's kitchen and make more items and get that much closer to Grandmaster chef. I got to keep grabbing materials on the way to prepare for the raid. I want to give us our best chances. Odds are likely that I'll probably be put with complete strangers...and we all know what being put in parties with a bunch of randoms can be like.”

Black shakes his head expecting drama or lack of coordination. From what I remember, we got about a five day window to get to the really point. Everyone is gearing up for the prep phase. Let's train hard and make sure we have the col for additional resources. Search every nook and cranny of locations open to having treasure. He then notices Mars moving out. “Yeah, I'll link up with you soon. I'll check around for loot. If I don’t find any I'll bounce and meet you at the beginning of Floor 9.”

@Mars

Mars nods his head and gives a quick little salute as he takes his leave leaving the expert of loot finding to do what he needs to try and get some nice loot for the duo to have by the end. The black haired martial artist makes his way towards the location of the main settlement going through the jungle as his familiar follows shortly after him as the duo make their way through the jungle at a relaxed pace. 'If we can get Cerberus in we could be tier two and three if we can get in enough time for those things.' he thinks to himself rather happily at the thought of being caught up towards Pinball by the time that he event would start and if that would come it would be guaranteed ready for their next 1v1 against the spear wielder. Mars can't help but be rather excited for when the half loss duel would occur once more to decide who the better DPS is.