[PP-F1] The Second Lesson, Is Also Free

Mutsu trekked with @Hazado through the Town of Beginnings in the direction of the shop that belonged to Lyle Tealeaf. From what Mutsu had been able to gather from the first of this quest string's Non-Player Characters, Zackeriah, this Lyle Tealeaf character was a blacksmith. According to Hazado, the next part of the tutorial quest line included going back out into the wilderness and slaughtering boar pups until they dropped enough boar tusks to satisfy the requirements of the task. However many that might be. Of course, that still didn't do anything to change the fact that the boar pups were confusingly named. Boars did not have 'pups'. Dogs had pups. Boars had piglets. Or were they boarlings? Mutsu could not remember. All she was certain of was that they were not called pups. "Why are they called boar pups," she asked Hazado. "Boars don't have pups."

Hazado with Mutsu as they set foot for their next adventure ready to set foot in the next tutorial in the game sure they were a bit tedious and all, but if you did then you could get quite a bit more out of it. As then Mutsu asked again why they are called boar Pups and not Piglets, "Well, all truth be told, I really don't know. But they are not fully Piglets as they have tusks and all, they are basically just smaller boars, so I think that is one of the reasons," He said to her not knowing why they really were called Boar pup. Name or no Name, it really did not matter to Hazado as this quest for him went on like it was nothing killing the boar pups quick and getting the tusks as well quite quick, Sure it has been some time but he did know what it was back then, he still had the same armor back then and even the same spear in his inventory, Sure it was not the best but maybe Mutsu wanted it after he was done using it. but now he still used it for some reason.

@Mutsu

"So, they're like pygmy boars," Mutsu asked, cocking her head to one side, which set the bells woven into her hair ribbons to jingling as her short cropped brunette hair flopped to one side with the head tilt. "Yes, pun intended." Within a few moments she had spotted the anvil and tongs sign that indicated they had reached a Blacksmith. "Be right back," Mutsu said lightly, dashing through the oaken door and into the Blacksmith's shop. A few minutes later she emerged, her armor jingling merrily, as the shop door closed behind her. "That old fart was even older than Zackeriah, and I swear he was giving me the perv eye," Mutsu said lightly. "You were right, kill the boars. Can NPC's be perverted? Would Kayaba have had them programmed that way, you think?"

@Hazado

Edited by Mutsu

As they walked a bit they seemed to get to the blacksmith, it was there that Mutsu moved in and Hazado waited outside as he started thinking to himself about a few things, Like how some NPC were advanced and how they would remember other players. Then Mutsu came out confirming him of the quest and killing boars, as she asked if NPC's could be Perverted, "I'm not sure, there is probably one or two but I have not met them, but I have heard of Advanced NPC's they remember everything you do and how you look, it is not hard to find those if you know where to look but both Lyle and Zackeriah are two of them, that's why Zachariah remembered me back in his shop when we met," Hazado said thinking about if there were any more Advanced NPC's he knew, well he did hear about a chef or something who seemed to be more advanced then most as he seemed to be pushy around two people who were dating or maybe are even around just handing out. Yes what that NPC was kind of a shipper but on extream ways.

@Mutsu

"Yeah, well I swear that old blacksmith was giving me the once over," Mutsu said, crossing her arms and jingling off in front of @Hazado. "I guess I don't mind too much," she continued after a second of thinking about it. "Looking is free, after all. If anyone tries to handle my merchandise, though, we're going to have problems," the brunette spearwoman concluded, winking one of her chocolate colored eyes in Hazado's direction. They traipsed through the Town of Beginnings in silence for a few moments. Or, at least, they moved along the wide avenues of the town in something that was as close to silence as things ever got for someone wearing armor that was heavily adorned with bells. "So," Mutsu finally asked, "What's the fastest way to kill these boar pups?"

Haz gave A small Grin on his face as Mutsu talked about having problems, "You can keep them at distance, you have a spear," he said with a joke getting out his own weapon and holding it in front of him as they walked, The spear was 6 feet tall maybe even longer. He then puts his Spear back and it became quiet between the two apart from the bells moving around everytime Mutsu made a sound. but Mutsu broke it and asked how to kill these boar pups the fastest, "Well for me it was that I just stood still and they attacked me, I just moved this arm in front of their attack," He said getting his left arm up as you could see spikes running down it, "But I would say get close and get them all three in one place and use an AoE attack, a Spear skill has that so it should be simple," He said thinking of the best way of getting the boar pups to ALSO drop the item you needed, Sure that part was just numbered again so that came down to luck.

@Mutsu

"So, get them all in a bunch and kill them all at the same time," Mutsu said musingly, rubbing her chin with her right thumb and forefinger. She supposed that doing that sounded like it would be an easy enough thing to do. She did have an area of effect attack, even if it was only the one attack and it was not very strong. But, this was also a Tutorial Quest and, given how easy the first one had been, there was no way this second part could be all that challenging. "The first part was real easy," she said, continuing to speak to @Hazado, "I suppose these boar things are so easy to kill that they'll probably die if I sneeze on them, yes?" Mutsu swiped her finger in the air to pull up her player menu and then materialized a new weapon from her inventory, a Shao Lin spear. She hadn't had the chance to test it yet, but that Shield merchant had indicated it was a pretty ok weapon. Just ok, but better than the vanity weapons.

Mutsu then asked if they were easy to kill, "well I could not kill them in one hit back then, I think I did like one damage to them, still with the AoE attack you have, I would think you going to be busy longer if you just do one on one, as you Energy will go down faster if you use an AoE, So I think around two attacks each," He said counting on his hand thinking back how much HP the boar pups had, Sure they did not a lot of damage maybe around 3 damage so Mutsu was going to be fine on that part. It was almost time for Mutsu to get fighting as it would take for sure a bit longer then normal to attack the Boar pups even if they were still weak, "They may be a bit stronger then a sneeze, but I know for sure that they can not deal much Damage to you at all. I will keep any other mean hitting boars out of the way as I'm quite a High level and maybe more boars spawn in around my level once there, But just keep focus on the Boar pups," he said to her getting out his trident now and walking with it like a walking stick that is a bit to long to even use.

@Mutsu

ID: 108271-108274 (Combat), 108275 (Loot Boar Pup 2)
BD: 3, 9, 1, 7 (Miss, Crit., Miss, Hit)
MD: 3, 9 (Irrelevant, Dead Boar), 6, 6
LD: 17 (Roll ID: 108275)

Boar Pups 1 & 3: 5/5
Boar Pup 2: 0/5 - Dead (5-0=5 DMG)
Boar Pup 4: 1/5

Mutsu: 78/80 (3/8 EN) [3-26=1, 1*2=2 DMG]

Tusks: 1/3 Collected

"Yeah, yeah, uh-huh," Mutsu said, nodding her head in response to @Hazado and moving forward on auto-pilot as she passed out of the gates of the Town of Beginnings and out into the fields again. She was already distracted by the fact that now there were boars, and maybe even other things besides, out beyond the town for her to fight. Already her chocolate brown eyes had locked on to the first group of boars. They really did look like pygmy boars, smaller versions of the real thing. "Tenno heika banzai," she cried, lowering her spear into attack position and charging forward towards the group of four creatures.

As she lunged towards the first one her spear attack sailed over its back, because she misjudged how small the creatures were. Instead, it slammed into a second boar pup. The second creature briefly glowed orange from the impact of the strike before it shattered into a shower of blue pixels. Well, that was easy enough and she could already see it had left behind a tusk for her to collect.

Jackpot.

Since Hazado had indicated that there was no need to worry about the boars being able to hurt her, Mutsu stopped and collected the loot. The third and fourth boar pups both slammed into her, quite easily since she wasn't moving, while she was collecting the item, but when she checked the status of her health bar she noticed that, really, the boars weren't much more annoying than the buzzing of flies. "Stop that," she growled, lunging from a kneeling position at the final boar and impaling it at the end of her Shao Lin spear. The creature squealed, but unlike the first one, it did not shatter in a shower of pixels. Well, not yet anyway.

Edited by Mutsu

Hazado followed Mutsu and once they seemed to get to the place where the boar was it also seemed that Mutsu went right for the attack, Hazado got out a bit of a laugh as she charged at them with her spear. "Nice going there, But keep in mind they are small little buggers," He said watching in the back knowing if he did help her she would not get the items because he would kill them in one hit no matter what. He looked as she killed one boar and the others attacked her as she looted the boar, "Don't take your eyes off your target, even if it so weak, Loot will stay until you loot it of course," He said wanting to help her fighting, even if she did not like to be told he cared about everyone who he met even If it was just for a short time, "Spear has long reach try to keep distance if not get Close and personal hitting them with the end of the spear will work too," he said as he knew already quite a bit about fighting with a spear, maybe if Mutsu wanted he would like to help her handle it even better.

@Mutsu

ID: 108325-108327 (Combat), 108275 (Loot Boar Pup 2)
BD: 2, 4, 10 (Miss, Miss, Crit.)
MD: 4, 2, 2 (All Miss)
LD: 10 (Roll ID: 108328 - No Loot)

Boar Pups 1: 5/5
Boar Pup 2: 0/5 - Dead
Boar Pup 3: 0/5 - Dead (5-0=5 DMG)
Boar Pup 4: 1/5

Mutsu: 78/80 (1/8 EN) [3-26=1, 1*2=2 DMG]

"Why does it matter if I loot in the middle of combat," Mutsu demanded, turning to face @Hazado and putting her hands on her hips with a stern look. "I mean normally, ok... but these things can't hurt me enough to matter and, besides, it's not as if the Tutorial Quests are going to be potentially deadly." As she was talking, Mutsu casually flicked out with the Shao Lin spear. The blade neatly impaled the little porker right between the eyes and, in the blink of an eye, the creature's health bar went from completely full to nothing and it shattered into pixels. Unfortunately, the second one did not drop a tusk for her to collect. "Hey," she squawked, glaring at the spot where the porcine terrorist had been eliminated. "Where's my loot?"

Edited by Mutsu

Haz watched as she wanted an answer why she should not loot in combat, "One, you get the loot automatic If you don't pick it up, Like a little menu at the end of combat showing you how much EXP you got and what Items, Second Yes they are weak, But if you get too get used to it by doing it you will let yourself open," He says calmly going around his own words like he was used to saying them. Sure Haz had a way with words if he got serious and all, and he even showed it not being serious as well. As she then killed another boar without trouble, as he then looked at her Energy, She was almost out so she had to go with normal attacks now. Before he could say anything she cried out asking where her Loot was, "Just like any other MMO, not all enemies drop loot, I, Myself had trouble with a Field boss as it needed to drop something but it kept ending not dropping it every turn I killed it. But you at least have two more Boar's left here so Kill them if you like," Hazado said pointing at the two boars as one looked to be nearly down and the other was still moving with full energy, "Focus your attack on the Left one, He is nearly gone If you attack him once he would be gone, But make sure the other does not call for reinforcement, They do that sometimes."

@Mutsu

ID: 108365-108366 (Combat), 108367 (Loot Boar Pup 4)
BD: 9 (8+1)
MD: 4, 10 (1 Miss, 1 Hit)
LD: 10 (Roll ID: 108367 - No Loot)

Boar Pup 1: 5/5
Boar Pup 3: 0/5 - Dead
Boar Pup 4: 0/5 - Dead (4-0=4 DMG)

Mutsu: 77/80 (1/8 EN) [3-26=1 DMG]

"Automatically, eh," Mutsu asked, carelessly flicking her Shao Lin Spear out again and impaling the already injured boar pup on the end of it. The creature squealed and shattered into a blue shower of pixels. Then she looked at where the little porker had been vanquished. Again, there was no quest material. "Hey," Mutsu squawked, grunting as the only remaining Boar charged at her and then hopped to slam its tusked head into her armored stomach which set all of the bells on her armor to jingling. "Where's the loot? That's the second one in a row! I don't wanna be out here all day trying to get these things to drop the loot that I need," Mutsu groused, before another thought struck her based on what @Hazado had said.  "Exactly how would a boar be able to call for reinforcements? Does it produce Boromir's Horn and blow it? Ooh, does it light the signal fires? GONDOR CALLS FOR AID!"

Edited by Mutsu

Haz seemed a bit disappointed in what she was saying about how the monsters would call for help, Clearly, she was not this dumb, they are animals How do animals even call for help, by making sounds of course, plus this is a game there is probably some system in here that gets them reinforcements. "They are BOARS. ANIMALS, they just make sounds, and this is a game, so it is quite logic how they do it, by using a system designed for them," Hazado said to Mutsu, maybe it was just him but she seemed to be trying to make him lose his temper a bit. But Hazado did not want to get there until he clearly has no other choice, "Mutsu just keep eyes on the price, It won't be all day you have been here for at least 4 minutes now, and Killed three already." He said looking at the small clock in the left corner of his few. Sure it was just Mutsu but he somehow got a bit irritated to her, but no matter Haz would look the other way and see the good part of this. He lets out a sigh and looks again to her, "Mutsu, I going to give you some advice that has been given to me, 'Fighting is a thing to lose all sense of the world, But always keep close to the once you have next to you in combat, they may not be there longer if you act Reckless,' " He says to her as he pauses a bit, "Advice from passed down from a pacifist lady, she is quite nice Hydra is her name at least what she says it is," He ends his sentence with that

@Mutsu

ID: 108430 (Combat), 108431 (Loot Boar Pup 1)
BD: 10 (9+1)
MD: Dead Boar
LD: 15 (Roll ID: 108431 - Loot)

Boar Pup 1: 5/5 - Dead (5-0=5 DMG)
Boar Pup 3: 0/5 - Dead
Boar Pup 4: 0/5 - Dead

Mutsu: 77/80 (1/8 EN)

Tusks: 2/3 Collected

"I guess that makes sense," Mutsu replied in answer to @Hazado's comments concerning the little boars and how they would summon reinforcements if they needed them. Games like this always seemed like they had some kind of system for the computerized bots to summon assistance in order to make things more challenging and difficult for the players. While she was carrying on the conversation with the other player she spun neatly on her heel and lashed out with the spear in her hands. The weapon flashed and slashed a neat line across the snout of the tiny boar which gave a little squeal and exploded in a spray of cerulean fragments, leaving one of its ivory colored tusks behind. Mutsu pounced on the loot like a drug addict, snatching it up and then adding it to her collection. "Only one more to go now! How can you be a pacifist in this game," Mutsu asked, cocking her head to one side. She had known a player in the past, from their school's video game club, that had taken that style in role playing games, but surely Senpai wasn't stuck in here too. Surely.

Edited by Mutsu

It was clear Mutsu was a fighter By heart and Hazado could respect this, people like her were needed but turning it down would be also a bit great. As she then asks how someone was a pacifist, "Well I would say all the kids, And I mean then the once below 13 or 12 years old, are pacifists but surely. But someone of her age would be a pacifist, She Is older then me Like 5 years and I'm 21 now, maybe like well she is getting quite a few levels already so I don't know how she is keeping up, Somehow she makes me think of a mom-type person," Hazado says ending what he was saying. Sure it was a bit weird how someone was a Pacifist in this game but somehow he could understand why it all looked to real yes so if not born into the game world or even not feeling okay killing things you would be quite pacify to people and other things around this world. "I understand But also question it, But she seemed to handle herself quite well, Seems to be someone who can call down anyone, bit thinking out loud but well, she is in my guild so I will make sure nothing happens to her," He says then before he looks to see if there were any more Boars for Mutsu to fight. "Look Mutsu some more Tiny weak boars over there, go get them and get this over with," he says pointing to some Boar pups.

@Mutsu

ID: 108443 (Combat)
BD: 1 (1+1)
MD: 6

Boar Pup 1: 5/5

Mutsu: 76/80 (1/8 EN)

Mutsu considered what @Hazado was saying for a moment, cocking her head slightly to one side to regard him with slightly narrowed chocolate brown eyes. Everything he was saying was tracking with the person he was describing being Aris Senpai, but that just didn't make any sense. She had gone off into the real world and gotten one of those job things and never played games any more. Or, at least, Mutsu hadn't seen her online in any of their old games in quite some time. No, it couldn't be Aris Senpai. Just someone else with a similarly strange habit when it came to playing games. She was almost lost in thought when Hazado pointed out another bunch of the little boars that she could go and fight to get the last little bit of material that she needed to complete the quest.

"BACON!" Mutsu pirouetted with a dainty jingling of bells and launched her spear like a javelin at the nearest side of pork. It glanced off of the little animal's tusk and the boar retaliated by charging into her midsection to inflect a teensy weensy little bit of damage.

Edited by Mutsu

Hazado got out a laugh as Mutsu stormed the small boar, "That is the spirit," he said while laughing bit. sadly Mutsu missed her target and the boar attacked back, her HP went down by, well nothing. Good job she already has quite a good stats do not get much damage for the enemy than meant that she would make a good tank, having a spear is well also quite good as it is one the strongest sword arts out there. Hazado started to think a bit if he wanted to Help Mutsu a bit more and if she was willing to get some advice from an almost tier 2 player with good stats in his pocket already. He then looked at her spear and armor and then to his own, "Mutsu, If you want, After I get tier 2 you can have my armor and weapon, it is up to you if you want them or now but you can have then once I'm tier 2, and that is not far away," he say to Mutsu as she fights the boar

@Mutsu

ID: 108456 (Combat)
BD: 8 (7+1)
MD: 10

Boar Pup 1: 5/5 (-4 DMG)

Mutsu: 75/80 (1/8 EN) (-1 DMG)

"Depends on what kind of enchantments and enhancements your stuff has, I suppose," Mutsu called to @Hazado when he offered to give her his gear once he hit the second tier. It was a tempting offer. But, then something occurred to her and she turned to scowl at Hazado, allowing the little boar to crash into her armored back for an easy critical hit in the process. "It's not going to turn into anything perverted when I put it on, is it," she asked, swiping lazily at the boar being her and scoring a hit without putting any real effort into it. "I mean, I'm all for showing off the girls but I like to know that I'm making the choice to do it when I choose my gear... more importantly, is there a way to attach bells to your armor? This is very important." A matter of life and death, really.

Edited by Mutsu

Haz was a bit surprised by the question as she asked him, for a second Hazado became red, "NO... No... No, I... NO!" he says quick before getting his calm back "Well, No, It will form to you body a bit yes, and your left arm will be also full of spikes,  It is meant to be Full Armor, Apart from the right arm of course," He says holding up his Right and left arm, His Right arm was exposed with a red cloth like handed over his shoulder while his Left arm seemed to have extra plating on it with spikes on it. "And of course the Helmet will change a bit," as his helmet materials into his hand, The helmet was a kind of gladiator looking helmet, "think the Helmet will be opened if you get it. The helmet has Mitigation of 3 and the Armor itself has a Mitigation of 1 and thorns 2, Yes I know a bit of wast of the Enchantments there but still, it was one of my first armors," He says. He looks at his armor to think of things where Mutsu could hand her bells on, "Well Properly at the end of the cloth here on the shoulder, and well surely somewhere else, I have not tried it at least," he says to her not wanting to get called out again by something like that or being a pervert, "And I'm No pervert, I would have been hit many times before If I was, Hang around a few to many girls sometimes," He says wanting to make things clear between him and Mutsu, "Tho I do know one, American boy, stands out," he says ending his talk.

@Mutsu