[PP-F2] Charcoal Letters

January 21, 2023

Yet another round of errands finished. Mishiro strolled down the streets of Urbus, her inventory full of potions, crystals, and consumable buffs with varying enhancements and her Col value decreased back to its original amount, with a hundred extra from a certain someone in the squad failing to add the prices up correctly. Her gaze moved to the upper-left field of her vision, where the in-game clock was located. As usual, she had finished a few hours early today.

When she had nothing else to do, she liked to draw.

She opened her inventory and brought her sketchbook out. As she walked, she flipped through its pages. Drawings of inanimate objects (things she did for practice and sometimes for fun), sceneries, and most importantly people. Mishiro paused at a picture she had drawn of her and Roman sitting together with caramel apples in their hands, their backs to the sunset. Out of all the pictures she had drawn (discounting commissions), this was the only one in full color. She smiled fondly and flipped the page.

She stopped at the last drawing: an unfinished commission from a new customer. It was a portrait of a woman she had drawn based on the customer's descriptions of the person's appearance. A precious person from the real world, Mishiro assumed. Many players didn't know how long they would be trapped here, and they wanted something, anything that would remind them of the lives and the people they had before they came to this game. Something that linked them to reality, gave them comfort, and motivated them to fight. That was where she came in, with her ability to draw people from description. Often, it took a few tries and she always charged less than what it was really worth, but seeing their smiles made it all worth it in the end. She stuck her finger between the pages, as some sort of bookmark, and kept walking.

She went to her favorite place in Floor 2: a garden located at one of the quieter parts in town. It held different types of flowers, most of which she didn't even recognize, and in the center was a white fountain with two cherubs on top pouring water back into the pool. A cold breeze blew her dark hair back and she shut her grey eyes, wrapping Roman's brown coat tighter around herself. "They even got the cold January weather right," she quietly complained to herself. She buttoned up Roman's coat and sat down at her usual spot: a bench in front of the fountain that was faced away from the entrance. A pencil materialized in her hand and, with the customer's description of the woman hovering in front of her in the form of a semi-transparent window (a PM she sent to herself), she started to draw.

Shiro walked through the town on the second floor. He made his way through the buildings as he has a blank stare on his face. He begins to think back, to the winters he spent with his sister. It was always fricking cold, but Misako was always happy, which made me happy. I haven’t had fun like that since she disappeared. He passes a bench and notices a drawing in the girl’s hands. As she works his eyes glance over the work and he freezes abruptly. He leans over the girl’s shoulder, with a tilt of the head. “Does she have a name?” He asks, trying not to be too loud. I hope I don’t bother her, I know how annoying this can be. But I have to know if that’s Misako. He stands up and backs away. “Sorry.” He moves to the other side of her and pulls his hood down revealing his black hair and serious face. The face of the boy is entirely emotionless except for one raised eyebrow. I don’t think she’s Misako, but in the off chance that it is, she might know where she is. He sits down in front of her crisscross. His hands move into his pockets and his white  bird necklace sticks out over his black jacket and black pants. His eyes move down to the ground as he lays back.

@Mishiro

The woman's features were now starting to take form. Almond-shaped eyes that she had shaded lightly so that the color closer resembled a dark brown rather than pitch black, hair parted at the middle and tied into two high ponytails at the back, and a heart-shaped face. She regarded the observer with a gentle gaze and her thin lips stretched into a small smile. The picture was good enough that she could start inking it already, however, she still needed her customer to see it before she finalized her sketch. Neither her visualization of the woman's image nor the customer's description was perfect; they would have to see what she had drawn in order to give her a more accurate picture, and she would need their advice to make the sketch closer resemble the real thing.

Mishiro heard someone speak in a soft voice over her shoulder and she looked up to see a boy whose face showed no expression but was seemingly fixated on her drawing. It could be that he was enchanted by it (fat chance, her drawing was still a draft), or he recognized the person's face. He asked if she had a name. 

She knew. The woman's name was Leila. The customer kept on repeating that name, like a broken record. A lover from the real world, perhaps. It was almost heartbreaking to see. But she respected her customer's privacy and wasn't about to disclose that fact to just anyone.  "It's fine," she reassured, offering him a kind smile. Her gaze followed the boy as he moved around to sit cross-legged in front of her, still awaiting her answer. "She has a name," Mishiro replied honestly. Then she shifted in her seat so there was enough space for another person. She blinked at him, her expression calm. But I'm not going to say it until I know why you're asking. "What do you think it is?"

Edited by Mishiro

The boy tilts his head. She must have an agreement to not divulge information to random people. But that doesn’t matter to me. Maybe If I tell the truth. He stands up and moves over to the bench, sitting next to the girl. “I have to know her name.” He says gently. He didn’t want to make her angry, but he wasn’t about to back down. “I have a sister in the real world. My twin sister. She followed me into the game and I can’t find her. The kind of looks like her.” He slouches down, his head on the back of the bench looking up at the snow falling down. “I thought, maybe if she knows my sister, she knows where she is.” He closes his eyes and feels the cold snow fall into his face like a barrage of cold bubbles. Violent yet gentle, much like him. I spent my entire life protecting her, then she disappears and now I won’t be able to protect her. Damn I should’ve friended her. He sits more upright and fixated on the drawing. “That’s amazing. Is her name Misako?” He looks up at the girl’s face, then shifts his stare forward. Not in a rushed or embarrassed manner, but more in a calm and collected manner.

@Mishiro

The boy told her of his situation. A lost twin sister who looked similar to the woman in the picture. He approached her, thinking she knew of his sister's whereabouts. Mishiro tilted her head to the side slightly and moved her hand away from the picture as he leaned in, allowing him a better view of the drawing. Then he gave her a name. 

Misako.

He had lifted his calm stare to meet her equally expressionless gaze, but she thought he felt a bit of hope when he had spoken that name. Maybe he would be one step closer to finding her. 

The woman's real name was Leila. He didn't know his sister's username, making the name he had mentioned earlier, Misako, her real name. It didn't match up. "It's not," Mishiro said. It was the cold, hard truth and she could have said it better, but she had always believed that giving people the truth in its simplest form rather than dancing around it gave way to less misunderstandings. "The person in my drawing, she never logged into this game in the first place."

Edited by Mishiro

Shiro nods. “I see, thank you for being honest.” He stands up, not with the face or attitude of someone who had just lost hope, but if someone who has had that hope ripped away every time he has a finger or two on it. By now he was used to it. Damn, what a shame. Now that that’s done with I should probably go, don’t want to bother her anymore than I already have. He turns to the girl with an emptiness in his eyes. “Sorry for bothering you.” He says sliding his hands in his pockets and turning to walk away but stopping. He turns and tilts his head with one eye raised. “You drink coffee? It’s on me.” He asks. I need to thank her for the help. She is a nice person, and not too many of those left in this world or the real one. Just Misako and her are the ones I know of. Hell, she might be nicer than Misako. I might have a request for you, how much are those anyways?” He asks, not really caring, as he wasn’t gonna keep it unless she drew it perfectly.

@Mishiro

Mishiro laced her fingers together and propped her elbows on the flat surface of the sketchpad as the boy stood up, thanking her for her honesty. She seemed to be in deep thought as the dark-haired player turned his empty expression towards her. Then he apologized. Why did he have to apologize? Her incomplete drawing was less important than a brother's search for a lost sister. "I don't mind." She stood up and reached out to lightly tug at his sleeve as he tucked his hands into his pockets, a way to get his attention without having to speak up. 

"Your sister," she began, letting go of his sleeve and taking a step back. "Must be very precious to you. I have someone like that too, and I can't imagine how I would feel if I ever lost them." If Roman hadn't been there, what would have happened to her on that first day? What would have happened to her in the succeeding months, when all she could do was soak herself in feelings of loss and despair? Those days had passed by like a blur and she could no longer remember the state she was in. She could only recall being miserable and she would have been even more so, if he wasn't there to support her. "I like my coffee black with three espresso shots, though it doesn't really matter here anymore. And my drawings cost 1,500 Col at most, but sometimes I offer discounts when I feel like it."

Mishiro walked up to him so they were standing side-by-side. She already had a coffee shop in mind. A cute panda-themed shop located at the east section of Urbus. "One hundred percent discount," she clarified. If he didn't accept it, perhaps she could simply say that he would owe her one after this. Mishiro didn't start her commissions with the idea of profiting from it after all, originally she'd offered her drawings for free and only started charging Col maybe a month after. She liked helping others, and she didn't really care if she received nothing in return. And this one was a special case because she could relate with him somehow. She turned to him, her voice was neutral as always but a small spark of determination had nested itself in her blank gaze. "You want to find Misako-san, right? I think my drawings can help with that. Now then, shall we go?"

Shiro looks over at the girl and hears the rate at which the discount was. “No. The drawing, while I’m sure it will be amazing, isn’t that important to me. I just need something to make sure I don’t forget why I’m fighting. My songs aren’t working anymore.” He says looking down at his necklace. It wasn’t like the necklace was given to him by his sister, nor was his violin, but he bought the necklace when he gave his sister a black version of the same necklace. They really stuck out because of the contrast to their hair and attire. Shiro knee his sister still had it on, because that was one of the only gifts he had ever given her. “You know what, I can’t take it for free, but I can’t afford full price. Do you take I.O.U.s?” He asks, knowing that the only way he could pay her back was with his violin, piano or guitar skills, though he prefers violin. “I can’t draw, but I do play violin.” He says, walking through the streets.

@Mishiro

As expected, he rejected her offer. Mishiro understood. Somewhat. She wouldn't take something someone had spent hours working on totally free without a bit of convincing either, but at the same time, if someone was already offering, shouldn't one just take it? Maybe it was a matter of pride. Or the law of equivalent exchange being applied in ordinary interactions. "I.O.U.s are fine," she compromised. She looked down and snapped her sketchbook shut, holding it close to her chest. The best thing to do was to dismiss it to her inventory so she had less things on her hands, but she liked carrying it around the same way she did back in real life. "If you insist on owing me a favor, you'll have to do an additional one though. Did you forget what I said earlier? If you want, I can help you find her with my drawings." She paused to look up with a contemplative expression as they walked. She knew he was supposed to be paying for coffee but he didn't seem to have a particular place in mind, so she had opted to take the lead, walking a step ahead of him. "I think I already have an idea, but it's easier to talk about it later when we're settled down."

Earlier he had looked down at his necklace, a cute little white bird hanging from a thin steel chain, while he talked about what kept him fighting. It clashed with his outfit and the whole...tall, dark, and handsome appeal thing he had going on? so she supposed he wouldn't have bought it for himself. "Did she give that to you?" Mishiro asked, gesturing to the necklace. "If it's alright to ask."

The boy walks through town a step behind the girl. I hope she has a place in mind. The only place I know is all the way on the first floor. He hears her offer one more time and his face contorts to be a bit more excited. “You’ll help me find her?” He asks. No one had ever offered to do so, so he was caught off guard a bit by the offer. They kept walking until the girl brought up his favorite part of his entire outfit, the bird necklace. “Actually no. I saw it with her and bought a black one just like it. Then I bought this one. It helps keep us connected.” He says, holding the necklace and walking, then opting to slide his hands into his pockets. He pulls his hood down to reveal his short black hair and shakes his head a little. It was a habit from when he had long hair to match his dark behavior. I don’t know why I still do that, it kind of hurts every now and then. But I do wish I hadn’t cut my hair the day before I joined. I wish I had my long hair. He watches as the girl walks and looks around for a place that she might like. Though he doesn’t know her all too well, but he has an idea of what she might like. Maybe she has a place in mind. I mean, she did take the lead. Maybe she knew I had no idea on where to go. He smiles at the ground, trying to hide it as best he can.

@Mishiro

"You'll help me find her?"

Mishiro though she'd already established that from what she said earlier. Frankly, she felt a bit irritated at having to repeat herself for the second time but when she turned to nod at him, she saw the excitement that lit up his face. Maybe, she deduced from his expression and the fact that he felt the need to clarify, he just couldn't believe it. That a stranger like her would suddenly just want to help him find his sister. "I will," she said with a nod. Then, to further reassure him, she repeated her reasons. "I have someone who's important to me, too. They're with me now, but whenever I think about the possibility of being separated from them...I don't know how to put it all into words." She stopped walking and placed herself in front of him, stopping him from walking too. "It must be lonely. Like there's a part of you that's missing. And I don't think anyone deserves to feel that way."

She took a few steps back and turned to her right. "It's good that you have something to remind yourself of her. But I guess that also means that you've seen her in-game already?" Mishiro asked. It was possible. They could have spent time together without learning each other's usernames. She vaguely remembered meeting someone on the first day, someone who had resembled a person she was close with back in real life, but she had forgotten their name. "If that's the case, do you at least have an idea of what her name is? Even if it's just the first letter, it could still serve as a clue. Well...actually, let's talk about that later." With her hand, she gestured to a nearby building. It was a snug little restaurant made of stone and its main attractions were its coffee, and the panda familiar owned by the shop NPC"How about this place? It serves good coffee," Mishiro suggested. She already got the hint that the boy didn't really know where to go, but she accounted for the possibility that he had a better place in mind. 

“Sure let’s go here.” He says, walking into the shop and removing his hood. He had grown up with a teacher mom, so he always took off his hats hoods headdresses inside. It was the proper thing to do. Though he did just cut in front of a lady. “Oh shoot, sorry about that.” He apologizes and moves over to a table. He pulls out the chair in which she’ll sit and moves to his own. If they have good coffee, maybe they’ll have Oreos. It would also fit with the whole panda thing, which still confuses me. He turns to the girl and tilts his head, “You know what I’m going through? I’m sorry to hear that.” He says looking down at the table instead. He always hated emotions, like they were a distraction from the science and facts of the world. Misako changed all that just by being around. “My sister’s name in the game? Sure I know it. It’s Muninn.” He slides his hands in his pockets. Shoot, now she’s gonna think I’m an idiot. He waves the waiter over and looks at the girl. He nods forward as if to say “go ahead.” Then after she orders, the boy looks back at the waiter. “Black coffee and Oreos and milk.” He’s not sure if they have them, but he’d still want them if they didn’t.

@Mishiro

He agreed and Mishiro followed him into the cafe. She turned and closed the door behind her then bent down to greet the shop NPC's panda familiar. "Hello there, cutie." She patted its head like she would with a cat then lifted the panda cub up to give it a quick hug. After that interaction, she gently placed it back down on the floor and followed after her companion.

He had picked out a table for them already and pulled a chair out for her - how polite of him, she was starting to appreciate his company now - then sat across her. "I have an idea what it would feel like. But I'm not going through the same thing," Mishiro clarified. She idly wondered if he was listening to her properly, or if she wasn't articulating her sentences right. She certainly had his attention because they were talking about his sister, so it had to be the latter. But where was she saying things wrong? "You know your sister's player name already and you're still looking for her, so I suppose contacting her through PM didn't work."

A waiter arrived before she could say anything else so she turned to the NPC and recited her order. "Black coffee with three espresso shots." She waited patiently as he gave his order - he also liked his coffee black, how fitting - and she continued, "I mean, have you tried? I know that she's not on your friend list, but you could still send her a PM if she's on the same floor as you. There are only two floors open at the moment so if you want to try it out, it's best to do it now." All of the information she had recited, she obtained from reading through the game guide the beta testers made just a few weeks after the game started. To prove her point, Mishiro brought up her menu and opened her PMs. She looked at him through the semi-transparent window. "Give me your player name. I won't add you, but I'll send you a PM. Just to show to you that it works."

Shiro nods. “Player name is Huginn.” He says, sitting back. It’s not like he didn’t believe her. More like he just wanted to make sure he wasn’t gonna look like a damn fool trying to message someone who doesn’t appear on his friends list. If this works, it’ll be far easier. But I was looking for help from someone. Misako always said, “make friends. You’re no fun by yourself.” He smiles at the table, his eyes close as he nods a little. “Right again Misako.” He says to himself quietly. The girl sitting across from him may hear the sentence, but the boy doesn’t care. The player had lost himself again, opening his eyes, only to see a cup of coffee in front of him. “Oh, I didn’t even notice the coffee being set here.” He picks up the cup and takes a sip. Just the way I like it. He grabs a few Oreos, and takes a bite. Yeah, this game’s taste mechanics are incredibly accurate. He slides one hand in his pocket and the other drinks the coffee as he leans back.

@Mishiro

"Huginn and Muninn," Mishiro pronounced. She liked their names. They were unique and had a nice ring to it. She tucked a strand of black hair behind her ear and brought up a 'New Message' window. "So you made your usernames similar to each other. Do they have any meaning to them?" It was a common fact that most players often used names that sounded nice to them without considering the meaning. For instance, Roman's username - Claude - was of French origin. 'Claude' in turn originated from the Latin name, Claudius, the name of a Roman emperor. It was a nice reference to his real name. However, he failed to consider that 'Claudius' in Latin was derived from another Latin word that meant 'crippled' or 'lame.' 

He literally gave himself a name that meant 'lame.'

Always do your research, kids.

Even so, it was interesting to hear from those who had any meaning assigned to their usernames. It gave her a glimpse into their personalities.

Upon hearing Huginn speak, Mishiro looked past the semi-transparent screen of the window and saw him looking down at the table with a smile. That was new. He had been wearing a serious face ever since she met him back at the fountain. She refrained from commenting on it; she didn't want to disturb whatever nice kind of mood he was in. The waiter arrived and placed down their orders in front of them: two steaming cups of black coffee (the one with three espresso shots naturally went to Mishiro) and a plate of Oreos. "Mm. They did it earlier," she responded automatically. "Also, I just realized that I haven't given you my username yet. I apologize for my rudeness. I go by the name Mishiro. In Japanese, it would be spelled with the kanji for 'white.'" 

She pressed 'Send' and took the mug of coffee from the table.

To: @Huginn

Test.

Edited by Mishiro

“Huh, I guess it does work, but what if she’s fighting a strong monster and gets hurt?” He begins to worry. The boy had always worried about sending a message to his sister at the wrong time and her dying because of it. That’s why he didn’t send her a friend request. Why wouldn’t I send her a friend request? I’m such an idiot. He takes another drink of his black coffee, and slips another Oreo in his mouth. “I’d never forgive myself if someone I cared about got hurt because of me.” He says with a sadness in his voice. Usually his voice was calm and serious, showing no emotion whatsoever, but this time the boy’s voice was different. He also stared down past his coffee, like he was seeing right through it. She probably thinks I’m a weirdo, but if I care about someone, it’s my duty to protect them. It’s why I spent countless hours training to protect Misako. It’s why I fought all those bullies in school. He looks at the girl. “Sorry, I got lost in thought. What were we talking about? Oh, the meaning behind the names.” He begins to think. “Well Odin has these ravens, they’re twins, named Huginn and Muninn. They’re there to spy for Odin. Muninn was white and Huginn was black. Obviously that also inspired our names.” He smiles thinking about the story behind they’re names. He had never told the story behind his name, it was unusual to him. “We were all over thanks to Misako, and I was great at gathering information, and My dad made a joke about us being his ravens. I decided to look into it and I told Misako about the names. She loved them and I love her, so we stuck with them. Now it’s my name on every platform out there.” His hand grabs the coffee and takes a drink.

@Mishiro

She was alerted to Huginn's receiving of her PM through a clear-sounding ping. Mishiro took a sip of her coffee and watched him carefully as he dismissed it. Point proved. With all that said and done, he should be sending his sister a PM now. There would be nothing to lose but pride, from that beginner's mistake of not knowing that a PM could be sent to anyone on the same floor given that the sender knew the receiver's player name. Then he brought another point up. What if she was fighting a strong monster and she got hurt?

She lowered her coffee cup and her neutral expression turned into a small, worried frown. True. The notification sound from receiving a PM was distracting. Then... all those PMs she'd been sending to Roman while he was out with the rest of his squad... she'd always sent her PMs immediately after he PMed to tell her he was heading into a dungeon or just to give a status update, but recently, she'd allowed a few minutes - maybe ten to fifteen - gap between their messages whenever she was occupied with doing something else. Was he the type to be distracted by the sound of a PM? Maybe she should stop sending him messages while he was out. To avoid bothering him or putting him in danger. Mishiro nodded in agreement, probably an unexpected response, and she mumbled something along the lines of: "I'd never thought of that before. But yes, fair point. The sound of a PM is a bit distracting, especially when it rings out in the middle of combat." She nodded again. "That was a really good thing to bring up. I'll keep that in mind from now on."

Then she blinked at what Huginn said next. "Ah, I suppose I'm the same," she related. It was probably the best, most honest thing to say. She didn't want to stay quiet, especially when the stoic boy in front of her suddenly spoke in a tone that sounded...sad. "Ravens?" She looked at his dark clothing and thought it was appropriate. "That's a nice story. I don't know much about Norse mythology myself, but perhaps you could tell me some more about it someday. Well. Anyway, the PM. I was going to tell you to just send it at night, but if you keep thinking along those lines, it's not much of an option either. You wouldn't know what she does at night...or at any time of the day." She laced her fingers together and propped her elbows on the table. What were the other, better options? Her drawing certainly would be last on the list. It would take a day to make, then maybe two days to apply the appropriate revisions. "Then how about players with the <<Tracking>> mod? I know the skill has its limits, but there's always a chance she's already encountered one of them. Or, maybe information brokers. It's a bit...unethical, but I know there's a few who deal with personal information. I'm not telling you to send an agent to look for her, but maybe some already know of her whereabouts."

Edited by Mishiro

Shiro pulls his head back up taking a sip of his coffee. He looks at the girl with an emotionless stare once again. “I don’t like people very much. Especially not the ones who can find me anytime at all and do whatever the hell they want.” He looks at her and begins to think. “And info brokers aren’t exactly super trustworthy either.” He says, leaning back in his chair. His body kept telling him he can relax but his mind keeps saying the he can’t trust her. His body was in turmoil so he decided to he couldn’t trust her just yet. She hadn’t done anything to not trust her, but people have acted nice before only to turn around and stab the boy in the back. “Also I don’t like people being able to ask someone where I am.” He nods, sliding an Oreo in his mouth. The snack was oddly childish for the genius who enjoyed it, but he had always liked them. He offers a cookie to the girl and takes another drink. “You want one? They’re really good.” He had never offered to share his Oreos with anyone other than his sister before, so this was kind of a big deal for him.

@Mishiro

His expression held no emotion. But there was some aggression in the way he had spoken. A grudge, perhaps? But wasn't he also an information gatherer, or did he simply dislike people using it for business? That didn't make sense. She was missing something. Mishiro considered it while sipping from her cup of coffee. "Well, that is true. If you trade with them, they'll be able to use their <<Tracking>> on you anytime they want to." She wouldn't mind trading with them in Huginn's place. She wasn't one of the braver players. She hardly left the safe zone which would place her in less danger (or none at all) than other players, and it wasn't in her personality to doubt people who were offering a genuine deal. In this case, borrowing their skills in discovering a player's location in exchange for money. But, Huginn would no doubt refuse her offer. She was just a stranger who happened to pass by, after all. So she nodded and let that one pass.

[In her rose-colored worldview, she failed to consider that some scouts with the <<Tracking>> skill would reveal a player's location regardless of the client's motives.]

"That is fine. In a game like this, it's difficult to know who to trust." But personally, Mishiro didn't have that problem. She simply trusted someone until they gave her a reason not to. At his offer, she reached forward and took an Oreo cookie from his plate. She twisted it between her fingers and split it cleanly in half. Then she bit into the half that was clear of the filling and savored the sweet taste of the cookie in her mouth. She gave a satisfied nod and somehow, her tone seemed brighter as she said, "Did you know that people actually deep-fry these? I haven't tasted one myself, but I heard that it's a popular menu item in American carnivals and fairs." She finished off the rest of her Oreo and wiped her fingers then her mouth on a table napkin.

"I guess that leaves my drawings as the last resort. I mean, unless you have better ideas." Mishiro flipped through her inventory and manifested a notepad in her hands. Already, half of the pages have been used up. "Well, I was going to draw her for you anyway, but I wanted to see if you had any better, faster options in finding your sister first. And if there were any you failed to consider. I hope I didn't bore you too much." A pen appeared in her hand and she moved the coffee mug to the side. "What I had in mind was simple. I'll draw her for you. Then if you find someone you trust, you can use the picture as a better reference. Now then, can you describe her appearance for me?"

“White hair, small gentle face.” He says. His mouth begins to move by itself as he describes it until he reaches the last detail. “She’s almost always smiling.” He says. (OOC: He describes her without me describing her) His hands move over to the drink as he picks it up and takes the last drink from the cup. “That’s the last of my drink. And the cookies are almost gone. Should I get more?” He asks. A smile grows on his face. “Thank you for helping me.” He looks at the table once more, this time an actual emotion showing behind his voice. It’s thankful. The voice has a touch of happiness in it too. This voice wa rarely ever heard out of the boy’s mouth, but it couldn’t stay in any more. This girl was helping him find his sister, and that was the best thing that could ever happen to him. “You’re a cool gal, stay that way.” He smiles, waving the waiter over as his face moves back to the enotionless setting. “Another cup of coffee and some Oreos please. I haven’t eaten in a few days.” He looks into the waiters eyes and back at the girl. It was obvious he wasn’t lying. The part that probably stuck out most was when he set his hands on the table. The glowing red on his knuckles. It was obvious he was just out punching something for a long time.

@Mishiro