[F07- PP] Back in the Game <<Case of Wurms>> w/ Mars

Log Entry whatever the heck it is now, I've stopped caring

I've finally got my hammer and my pet snake- I named him ladon- so even though I don't have my other gear I start doing some more quests. Besides I need to get more sp so I can rank up my familiar skill and my sword skills. So I do the one thing that always works. I shoot my buddy Mars a message and we head off to do another quest. This time we fight some more wurms except thank goodness that this field boss fight isn't on the fifth floor. Still the wurms aren't like the others I fought with Mars and Pinball. The field boss is more like a dragon. Anyways...

---------------------------------------------------------

Cosi got his gear together on the fourth floor in his shop. He grabbed his new hammer, Inbrunst, and picked up Ladon from where the large boa was snoozing in front of the fire and draped the serpent over his shoulders where he then slithered around till he was wrapped around the blonde like a scarf. That was so far the only position Ladon would be in. He was quite a lazy snake. Cosi then equipped a simple grey cloak and his now customary light blue scarf and then headed off to the seventh floor after shooting Mars a message.

@Mars

I finally got some of my new gear and I'm heading up to the seventh floor to go do a quest or two and then some Sp grinding. I would love to see a familiar face and I could use your fists.

Your Friend, Cosi

He makes his way through the floors planning on investigating some more to try and get some things going for himself in terms of increasing in strength since there are a few on the lower floors he needs to clear out before they become a laughing stock more than what they are already for himself. Having already done both of the big lion quest son the tier two floors of the Herculean, and the Ki'Raon supposedly some dangerous quests that could be around, but in the end got eliminated though the use of just rare enhancing buffs that he had made quite a long while ago with the aid from his rival which he has to admit has rather great damage for the weapon he wields. he glances to the side as he sees a message pop up into his inbox as he looks through the contents idly reading through the words before nodding his head entirely fine with it since it could be used to his benefit in the form of catching up to his rival, and if the duo of the blonde tank and himself can find a dungeon even better since it would serve as some good experience for frontline type events. With a quick message back he says he will meet the blonde haired tank near the sight of the quest's location.

stats:

Mars: HP: 800/800     ENG: 80/80   DMG: 15 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds

Cosi mentally goes over his equipment again and again as he makes his way form the teleporter to the site of the quest: where Mars said he would met him. Inbrunst was strapped across his back, he had Allsehend clasping the edges of his grey cloak together, he was wearing his old armor Richter beneath his cloak until Hei made his new set and of course Ladon was wrapped around Cosi's neck like a scarf, along side his other simple blue vanity scarf. Cosi walks over the grassy plains and rocky flats to where the quest is, passing the time by simply staring at the vast mountain ranges around him. Once within sight of the quest marker Cosi spots a familiar figure. The blonde player raises a hand in a salute of sorts to the black clad player and calls out to him, "Mars! How are you doing?" Then once Cosi is closer he extends a hand, "Thanks for coming on such short notice. Shall we go make quick work of this quest?" 

Making his way through the seventh floor he walks through the main settlement at a rather relaxed pace before walking through the town as he heads on over towards the questing location making some quick time to be able to do so since it would be in his best interest to be their before the blonde haired tank. Afterall, it was himself who chose the meeting location and thus it is most likely expected for him to be their before the blonde haired tank in question since it is normally seen as polite and expected for one to be in the location or at least near the destined meeting place if they choose it. 'At least that seems to be from my experience what is expected at the very minimum might not be for all i know but better safe than sorry.' he thinks to himself as he arrives near the outer edge of the quest spawning circle as he glances back towards the blonde haired tank who calls out to him when he arrives a bit after he had done so already. Evening Cosi, i am doing rather alright just about to do this quest since it would make for some good levels you know? Besides, it was on my list of quests to clear out before i am done with all the higher up quests. he says with a small shrug of his shoulders.

Action: Ultimate Breaker [-3 EN]

ID# 109194- BD: 5+3=8- Hit; 8*3=24-45=1 dmg

Cosi- Hp: 380/380 | EN: 35/38 
Mars: HP: 800/800 | ENG: 80/80 |  DMG: 15 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge) | Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds

Amphis Serpens- Hp: 174/175 | DMG: 70 MIT: 45

Cosi grins at Mars statement, "That's good to hear. What other quests do you need to do? Because if I haven't done them I'd love to tag along. I need to grind out more levels and get more Sp especially for this new build." Cosi then hefted his hammer, resting it on his shoulder and motioned with his other arm to have Mars enter the craggy area. Cosi would then move ahead and prepare himself for the field boss to spawn. And do it did. A giant two headed serpent lunged from beneath the rock and sand coming straight for the two players. The blonde haired tank quickly side stepped the mobs initial rush and swung his hammer at the massive serpent. Cosi's strike connected but most of the damage was deflected by the mob's thick scales. The blonde haired tank grimaced and quickly stepped aside before the field boss could attack. "You're up Mars!" 

@Mars

Looking towards the serpent that quickly creates a sandstorm around the area he nods his head calmly before crouching low towards the ground watching where his tank friend moves towards to strike at the creature as a clinging sound echoes through the area. Quickly following up on that he activates charge alongside All Might as he rushes forward towards the creature moving in close towards the beast with a small smirk upon his face as his right hand rushes forward and impacts against the scaled creature as it lets out a roar of pain. A smirk of satisfaction appears on the black clothed martial artist as he watches the creatures burst into red pixels shortly after the hit cutting its roar of pain and indignation rather quickly. The sandstorm quickly being blown away as the beast dies as he slowly gets back up onto his feet taking a slow and calming breathe.

#109268 BD:10 15+2=17+5=22x15=330-45=285 DMG

Cosi- Hp: 380/380 | EN: 35/38 
Mars: HP: 800/800 | ENG: 63/80 |  DMG: 15 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge) | Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds

Amphis Serpens- Hp: 0/175 | DMG: 70 MIT: 45

Edited by Mars

As the platinum blonde haired player stepped back beside his companion it took only a split second for the martial artists to rush towards the double headed serpent. Then Mars collided with the mob like a falling star, his fists glowing with energy smashing into the creature and just as fast as the battle had started it was over. The massive snake exploded into a million particles of light as it gave off one last roar. Cosi grinned, then chuckled, then started to laugh, and just kept laughing. By the time he had finally gotten a hold of himself he was sitting down on the sand wiping tears from his eyes. "Oh my gosh. Mars, everyday I tell myself that I'll catch up to you. That I'll be as strong as you but then I come out her and do a quest with you and you go and one shot the monster I can't even damage," The blonde haired player starts laughing again, "Its just so great." The player wipes another tear from his eyes, then extends a hand to be helped up, "But don't you worry mate: I will catch up to you." Cosi says with a lopsided grin but there's determination in his eyes. 

@Mars

He looks back towards the tank as Mars adjusts the wraps around his hands while listening to Cosi speak to him as he nods his head with a small little smirk at the compliments thrown towards him. Though in the end he just shrugs them of since he knows that while some of the system might be based on the player and their skill knowing how to land a hit by following the system's guide in the end it was always the game that made them strong or impressive and thus nothing much to brag about. It was nothing Cosi, but if you wanted to eventually match me in damage you should pick up a two handed weapon it'll go the distance if you want to actually deal some damage while being a tank. He says towards the blonde haired man with a friendly grin while walking over towards him and patting his shoulders gently with a nod of his head. Now than what should we do? I kind of have a lot of time to burn and this quest took about as much as i expected really so i made time for anything you would want to do if you wanted to knock out a chain of quests or search for one thing or the other.

Cosi lifted Inbrunst so Mars could see the two handed war hammer, "Got you covered there. I just need to put more ranks into it so I can actually deal some substantial damage." Cosi planted his hammer in the dirt and thought about Mars' question. After a minute Cosi answered, "I don't know mate. I expected this quest to go that fast as well but I didn't plan what to do afterwards. I guess we could just go grind mobs or if there's some other quests on this floor that you know of that would work as well."  As Cosi waited for the black clad martial artist to respond he began to pace around the area just inspecting the rocks and sand. The seventh floor wasn't much to look at. It was just a lot of dry grass, rocks, and mountains and that was about it. Actually a whole lot of rocks.

Looking around the terrain he looks from one location towards the next knowing that it should be relatively easy to find at least something interesting for him to fight, but knowing at the end there is a chance that something wouldn't be able to be leveled towards him. What skills do you have besides that hammer Cosi? He asks the tank out of simple curiosity before stepping forward and starts to move in a random direction that is away from the main settlement. The martial artist walking over the rocky dunes as the breeze that carries in this area due to the quest kicking up the dust and dirt into the air creating small clouds of dust that are a good bit off the ground, but not to the extent where one would need to cover their face to protect their eyes. The height being much more closer towards about ankle height to the really only huge extent being Mars' familiar would be the only creature getting annoyed more so than anything else.

Cosi follows his black clad friend as he heads off deeper into the rocky wastes. "Well I've got the survival skill we did that awful quest for. The one skill- concentration- that you get from killing your double. That one was terrifying. I've also got fishing and search and detect as well- those are mostly for gathering and finding stuff obviously- and then I've got my familiar skill as well." Cosi gave Mars a grin as he pointed to the fairly large emerald snake coiled around the blonde like a massive scarf. Cosi continued walking alongside his companion until he remembered that he was forgetting. Cosi gave a chuckle, "Oh, I forgot one. I also picked up martial arts. I have you to thank for interesting me in that one." The blonde haired tank gave Mars a light jab in the shoulder before grinned lopsidedly and putting his hands behind his head. "Its not much use to my build at the moment but i figured that later when I'm higher level- probably much higher- the damage that comes with it will come in handy. no pun intended there." 

@Mars

Hearing the options of what the blonde haired man has he grins ever so slightly at hearing a rather familiar one due to having his rival to thank for that as he gazes towards the player known as Cosi. Cosi i hope you like fishing cause we're going to do that so we can get a nice amount of money to benefit the two of us and while you do that i'm going to see if there is any monsters worth fighting within the area that can drop a significant amount of loot that would be worth mentioning at all. Actually...lets go to a higher floor that way we can actually get some decent loot plus if we get some stuff up their we can prepare for T3 instead of being stuck with what would be T1 items that we wouldn't be able to use at all you know? He says in a questioning tone towards the blonde haired player as he starts to make his way towards the teleport gate upon the seventh floor to jump up towards a higher floor to actually fight some stronger and more interesting creatures.

Cosi nods at Mars' offer, "Sounds good, I can always use more mats and Col and while I'll need tier 2 stuff soonish having some tier 3 gear is never a bad thing. Fishing is great for getting loot and materials and mobs usually drop some good loot if you're lucky enough. Which floor do we want to head off to? There's a good fishing spot up on the 21st floor but there's not too many mobs to fight in that area. so I guess its up to you mate." Cosi gestured back to Mars and followed the black clothed martial artist back to the teleporter in the main city. The seventh floor was a quite normal floor actually. It was just wind swept plains dotted with gnarled trees with massive red rock mountain ranges near and far. Cosi still preferred his home floor, floor four. Snow is much better than wind or rain and its especially better than sand and heat. A random thought came to the blonde player and he turned back to Mars, "Also if we find any gear I'll be able to identify it. Heck I'll do it for free since at this point I just need the experience and not the col. Plus you're my friend."

Lets head over to the 21st floor than if you know a good fishing spot i'll trust that you won't get yourself killed from trying to fight it so that way you can deal with any creatures that you fish up while i go on my separate hunting so i can bring back some worthwhile items from my own killing. Just so you know when it comes to loot splitting i am fine with splitting the col, but in return for you getting the unidentified items i want the materials from my own crafting that way i can start getting a actual library of potions ready for those frontliners when the next boss raid comes about or event really if we're talking about it. He says towards the blonde haired tank as the duo make their way towards the main settlement of the 7th floor and would walk toward the teleport gate and upon arrival mars would say the simple command. Teleport, floor twenty one. Which after the familiar blue light would surround the martial artist to shoot him straight up through the tower towards the 21st floor.

Cosi nodded and followed Mars. "Alright, let's head up to the twenty first floor and I'll try not to get myself killed. And that sounds good, we'll split the col, you get the mats and I'll take the unidentified items." Cosi nodded again. Besides I really need the experience and, while mats are nice to have, as a merchant I need Col a lot more. Besides I can always go gathering another time. Cosi waited as mars teleported up to their destination and then followed suit, walking up to the teleporter arch and then heading off to the twenty first floor.

Like usual when Cosi stepped out into the twenty first floor he was greeted not by the warm light of the sun but instead by the vibrant light of the phosphorescent plants that grew on the twenty first floor. Cosi caught up with his companion and motioned for the martial artist to follow him, "Its this way. Hopefully I'll be able to find it. I've only been a couple of times." 

He would nod his head towards Cosi and follow the blonde player towards the direction of the location where this fishing is meant to happen which shouldn't be to difficult since it would have a low risk of death most likely in the end since Cosi isn't Pinball and thus shouldn't have his bad luck. Lead the way mister tank. He says in a calm tone of voice while following him as the duo would eventually make their way to the lake where he would go fishing to get the materials and whatever else comes from the lake when fishing as Mars himself would just give a small wave to start his own little hunting. You go and have good luck cosi i'll be off killing some creatures in one on one fights. he says in a calm tone of voice before walking off with the flaming liger of Mars' familiar right at the black haired player's side. 'How much should i try aiming for this time around? The more the merrier i guess since i could than try to spend some of that col on Cosi to increase his odds of identifying to make him at least a good merchant.'

Fishing: ID# 109826- CD: 3- Fished up a monster!
CD 1: Boss monster CD 2-3: Monster @ loot minimum CD 4: Nothing CD 5-6: 1 Mat CD 7-8: 2 Mats CD 9-10: 3 Mats CD 11: 4 Mats CD 12: Treasure Chest

Cosi- Hp380/380 38/38 EN | DMG 8 | MIT 18 | ACC 3 | THN 9

Crab- Hp190/190 | DMG 57 | ID# 109827- MD: 2- Miss

Cosi led Mars to the mines on the twenty first floor but instead of going in the blonde haired player began feeling along the wall until he found the hidden entrance to Shield's fishing spot. They duo entered the spacious cavern and as Mars headed off to go hunt down mobs Cosi sat down by one of the large ponds in the cavern, pulled out his fishing pole and began fishing. Within a couple of seconds of casting out his line something bit onto Cosi's hook. He happily began to reel in his catch but once his catch neared the surface and the blonde player got a better look of it his smile crumbled. Cosi had some how hooked a large crab like creature that was making its way to the player. Cosi tossed aside the fishing pole just as the crab lashed out with one of its claws trying to snap the blonde tank in half. The crab climbed out of the lake and advanced angrily hissing. "Hey, hey! Sorry that I got a hook caught in your mouth but you're the one who bit it." Cosi quickly reached for his war hammer. apparently you can fish up monsters as well. I wonder why that hasn't happened before. Its probably cause Shield's so high level that they stay away when he's here.

Looking forward he only gets brief moment of seeing a very fast black shaped thing coming at him only having a few brief moment to act or get hit rather hard by the creature in question. Activating his strongest sword art he quickly unleashed a strike at the creature as his fist connects with something as he focuses while doing so able to make out the shape of a rather large bat that quickly sinks its teeth into his arm as a retaliatory strike for himself punching it in the head. After the strike that depleted almost half of its health Mars quickly backs away from the creature as his familiar unleashed a torrent of flames that burns the creature's body igniting some of the fur that is along it leaving it rather agitated and annoyed as it lets out a super sonic screech that echoes along the cavern as its eyes glow red to match its crystal shortly after it declares its battle cry.

#109828 BD:2+3+1(concentration)=6  20x15= 300 DMG  MD:9 180 DMG

Mars: HP: 620/800     ENG: 63/80   DMG: 15 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds

Sonic Bat: 400/700  DMG: 180

Edited by Mars

Action: Ultimate Breaker [-3 EN]
ID# 109829- BD: 6+3= 9- Hit: 8*3= 24 dmg

Cosi- Hp380/380 35/38 EN | DMG 8 | MIT 18 | ACC 3 | THN 9

Crab- Hp166/190 | DMG 57 | ID# 109829- MD: 3- Miss

Cosi leapt backwards to again avoid the large crustacean's grasping pincers and then rushed forwards bringing his war hammer to bear. Inbrunst glowed with green energy as Cosi swung the two handed weapon. The hammer head struck the crab squarely in its nasty face. The mob hissed, spittle foaming at its mouth, and it was forced backwards landing back in the shallows of the lake. "Take that you over sized piece of sea food!" Cosi shouted at the crab grinning but then he say how much damage his attack had done. The crab was still well into the green. "Oh come on." Cosi pouted then he set his jaw and hefted Inbrunst. mars isn't here so I'm going to have to take care of this crab myself. It still has yet to hit me so let's keep it that way. Man I really wish I had my last bit of new gear. That would be a tremendous help.

Looking towards the bat that he can now see he grins and gets in a battle ready stance to take out he creature with his own two hands while observing the creature keeping his stance strong and steady as the bat lets out another ear piercing screech before charging forward. Grinning to himself as he can predict the pattern he quickly jumps forward while spinning his body in the air to remain above the creature while still low to the ground to be able to be in striking range his fist lashes out punching the bat in the back forcing it into the ground to slide along it from its own side. The familiar at Mars' side rushes forward and bites down into the bat before igniting its teeth to burn the wounds if they were real to stop the bleeding. After doing so the familiar would move away from the bits of data and pixels that is the sonic bat that he is fighting. One more hit.

#109831 BD:10 17x15= 255 DMG -16 ENG  MD:4-3=1

Mars: HP: 620/800     ENG: 47/80   DMG: 15 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds

Sonic Bat: 145/700  DMG: 180

Edited by Mars