[F10- PP] Tank Time <<Wail of The Banshee>> w/ Hestia & Hazado

Log Entry XX (yeah I know I could just count the entries but life ain't that easy. In fact its quite hectic)

I get together with my good friends Hestia and Hazado for another quest just for the tanks and while I'm still in between builds I decide on a difficult quest on the tenth floor. I chose such a difficult quest because i need to catch up to Mars and Hazado since I'm faliing behind in levels. Also I need to prepare for when I'm ready for the front lines and to do that I need to max out my familiar and sword skills as well as get the howl skill so I can actually be of some use as a tank.

--------------------------

Cosi headed to the Teleport gate on floor four his hammer Inbrunst in hand and Ladon wrapped around his neck like a emerald green scarf made of thick scales, muscle and tendons. Before heading up to the tenth floor Cosi send out a message to two good acquaintances of his: Hestia, a front line tank, and Hazado a tank around his level. 

Hey @Hestia and @Hazado

I was planning on doing a tough quest up on floor ten. I would love to have your help in this fight. Besides I think its time we spent some quality time together and what better way to do that then to kill mobs cause hey: friends who slay together stay together.  

Time to get the tank squad back together, The corn silk blonde haired player thought as he sent the message off and stepped through the teleporter. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haz was on floor 16 looking at something getting ready and doing more thing, Until he got a message from Cosi saying he wanted to get some quality time done and a quest on... on Floor 10, ooh this was going to be great yet again. Floor 10, the only floor that brings Haz close to his fear but he could not let Cosi do this alone and he made his way to floor 10. Once on Floor 10 Hazado already seemed a bit tens walking around, It seemed that thing was going to get hard for Hazado on this floor. While walking around Hazado looked for where Cosi was then he spots him and walks up to him giving the guy quite a careful wave, "H...hey Cosi, How ... are you?" he said to Cosi as you could hear the nervousness inside his voice, not only that Hazado did not wear his helmet at the time but you could see true fear in Haz his eyes, fear of the darkness.

@Cosi @Hestia

I take slow calming breathes as i close my eyes and just play my guitar gently wanting to get my thoughts off of recent events as i can feel my familiar cuddled up against me as i look down towards him and smiles softly and happily at having such a companion to help me when i feel alone. Not being able to go to Kimi most of the time since the girl is seeming off exploring the floors more so as of recently which i can't blame her for since i wish to do that also to try and understand each of the floors and how they came into existence, and more importantly explore each floor to try and find someplace that could have a area that doesn't allow teleportation. 'I need to find that at all costs i need to get that so i can actually get my prison up, so i can actually prove myself.' I think to myself as i grip the top of my guitar a bit roughly before i take another deep breathe and exhales as i shake my head slowly as i get back up on my feet and gently put my guitar back up on its display as i hear a notification go off. Glancing at the contents of the message i smile ever so slightly and nods my head as i glance down towards the ground thinking on his words as i bite my lower lip. Maybe they are right. I should think about leaving HDA before i ruin the reputation they have from tarnishing my own from my words and actions. With that in thought and mind i take out a teleport crystal and whisper out the command .Teleport, Yomi. With that i feel the sensation of teleportation as i get enveloped in blue light as i arrive at the main settlement. Once arriving on the settlement i glance through my equipment and pick out my weapon and only my weapon as the only gear i will need for the fight as i move forward looking around for two people wearing heavy armor together which doesn't take long as i arrive with a small smile hiding the emotions i was feeling at my shop rather easily. How are you two doing?

Floor Ten was another underground floor which meant it was dark, full of weird plants, gloomy, and a little creepy as well. So when Hazado showed up it kind of scared the blonde haired player a little. "Dang it Haz your spooked me." Cosi got a better look at his friend and followed up his statement, You actually don't look so good mate. Not a fan of the dark?" Before the other tank could answer Cosi heard more footsteps and turned to see the third member of this impromptu party: the frontline tank Hestia. Cosi gave a half salute to Hestia. "I'm doing good. How about yourself Hestia? Also thanks for coming at such short notice." This quest would be a difficult one so having Hestia for this field boss would be invaluable. Cosi would send out a party invite to both of the tanks as he waited for their responses and then pulled out Inbrunst. "Do we need a moment or shall we get going?" 

@Hazado

It seems Haz was not the only one that was invited and Hestia walked up, Ooh great, more to see how weak I am here, just great, He thought before getting a weak smile on his face. "I spooked you ... ha..ha... Funny, Yeah I don't like the dark," He said scratching his head and all. As then he says also hello to Hestia, "Hey... I am good... So far," he said. He looks at the location and then realized what quest was near and what was going to happen. It was the ghost lady thing again and its minions wait how many would that make them appear, cuz if he remembered right it would spawn 2 Minions for every player, "Um... By any change, are you ... we planning to do the ... banshee?" He asks Cosi wanting to prepare himself as he would like not to freeze up again like last time, and make sure his adrenaline up.

@Hestia

I nod towards the two other tanks with a small smile as i do so rather glad to see that the duo are doing alright even after the event where they did manage to come out alive thankfully. Well i'm glad to hear that the two of you are doing okay. For myself i'm doing alright for the most part as well, and i now have the added benefit of helping out two up and coming tanks by just doing the best that i can for the two of you. 'Which we need tanks in general anyhow. The frontlines are running a bit short with the fallout.' I think to myself after i finish my sentence hiding the look of worry that would try to creep into my eyes as i focus back onto the present as i look towards Haz and pats him gently upon his shoulder with a comforting smile. Don't worry even though we are doing the banshee it will be handled with ease since i will be by your side making sure that neither of you gets in over your head by providing support if things start looking rough, or when you finally meet the banshee. Whichever comes first.

Cosi nodded with respect and thanks to Hestia. "Thanks again Hestia." and with that Cosi hefted his hammer Inbrunst, resting the two handed war hammer on his shoulder, and grinned to both of his fellow tanks. My build is still a work in progress and I don't have all of my gear but still this should be fun. Cosi began heading deeper into the darkness and mists swinging Inbrunst in large circles. The weight of the hammer was different than what the blonde player was used to but thanks to in game skills he was already better at it then he ever was with the sword. The platinum blonde looked back to make sure that the others were following him when he heard a horrid wailing in the distance. And it was getting closer. "Guys. Its time." And with that Cosi settled into a stance and gripped his hammer in both hands. 

@Hazado

Haz had more of a worried look on his face more than anything, True He already defeated the Banshee but it was because someone helped him while he was frozen in fear. Hazado saw Cosi get out his new weapon and his shield, it seemed it was time to go so Hazado did the same placing his helmet on his head and covering his face now getting a glaive-like weapon into his hand and the trident on his back disappear, "No need for that... I think I'm ready... I hope," He said from under his helmet as he started to spin the glaive a bit, "I'm not really scared of the banshee, more... of the ... well darkness, SO sorry if I freeze up on you two," Hazado said waiting for the rest of his companions to get ready and get the quest started so they could end this for once and for all. Haz did not really want to be on this floor but if it was to help his friend he would be happy to help only if they did ended this quick and did not like the other player last time.

@Hestia

I glance towards the blonde tank seeing a shield and hammer as i raise an eyebrow at that in slight surprise since i find myself a bit unsure if that was what he had been using last time or not. 'I need to start hanging out with lower tiered players more often if i am getting unsure about their builds afterall these are the people i'm trying to protect, and how can i do that if i don't even know them at all in a personal sense.' I think to myself with a slight nod of my head as i glance towards the giant prison of Tartarus that has made itself the home of the banshee and taken the name of Greek mythology's basically equivalence of a super max prison with no hopes of escape from what my memory is telling me of. 'How much do i remember is actually correct? It has been quite a long time since i've actually been in the real world or read up on greek myths for refreshers. For all i know everything i remember could only be half truths.' I glance towards hazado when he mentions being scared of the dark as i just nod my head and grabs out a simple crystal and taps the side of it gently. The stone quickly starts to illuminate the area as i hand the item off towards my fellow tank with a smile. Glowstone. A small rock that can light up the dark. I say in a cheerful tone of voice towards the player with a nod of my head.

equpped: Golden fleece +3 LD

Action: Searching for Banshee lair- ID# 109145- LD: 12- result: Lair not found

As Hestia brings out the glowstone and hands it off to Hazado a faint blue illumination falls over the trio of tanks. Cosi gave a lopsided grin and decided to have a little fun with Hazado. The blonde elbowed the player lightly in the side, "You feeling all better now little buddy?" Cosi gave a small chuckle and continued walking through the dark fog. Apparently the Banshee's lair was in the ruin of an old prison looking building so Cosi kept his eyes peeled for a structure that could match that description. Alas the blonde haired tank couldn't see anything that even vaguely resembled a building in this dark and mist covered part of the floor. "So... anyone else see where we're supposed to go?" Cosi looked back to his other party members, "Cause I really can't see where this banshee's lair, or whatever it is, is" Cosi peered around the immediate area again. He could still here the knell of the banshee. He just couldn't pinpoint where the unearthly sound was coming from.

@Hazado

Hazado was a bit surprised by the action of Hestia but accepted the glowstone with a smile, "Thanks, I think. Well at least I can see better," He said as the light fell onto the three of them. As then Cosi elbowed him in the side asking if he was alright, a small grin came on his cave but not a happy one, because of the light now you could see how Blake Hazado was and was just white. "Cosi, I'm taller than you... ha... ha, And I think at least doing better," He said being 2 inches taller then Cosi himself as he stood 6'4" tall. He was just to focused on the darkness to pay attention to what Cosi fully said as he heard about asking where the lair was Hazado spoke out, "It should be here if my..." He pressed a stone on the wall but it seemed like nothing happened but Haz was sure this was the last place the lair was, "Well it was here... Um, can it... move?" Hazado said feeling the rest of the wall he was ad but not having any luck trying to find it, "Well... Cosi you have to find it... As it is hidden... so um...try feeling the wall," He said holding the glowstone on one hand and his glaive-like weapon in his other hand.

@Hestia

Looking for Banshee lair

LD: 3 |  lair not found.

Once more when entering the prison of Tartarus i look around for the familiar traps that had accompanied the prison last time that i was here remembering them rather fondly for the most part since it did allow me to meet up with that rapier user in my guild. Looking along the walls i see hazado and Cosi quickly checking the walls as i just nod my head since that is rather accurate for what the Banshee's layer is meant to be. A secret passage that is blocked behind a secret little mechanism that would move a wall away to reveal the lair for the three tanks to than take down the enemy in one way or the other somehow. Glancing around the area i make my way slightly ahead of the group and moving at a relaxed pace keeping an eye out for traps or other monsters that would want to take a chance at trying to kill the three players.

#109269 LD:1

Action: Searching for Banshee lair- ID# 109270- LD: 2- result: Lair not found

The trio of tanks enters the prison of Tartarus and then begins searching for the hidden entrance to the banshee's lair. The prison was definitely not a nice or cheery place. The darkness and mist from outside seeped in cloaking the walls and rumble in fog and waking everything seem displaced. Worn tables and chairs lay up turned and broken. Chains and shackles hung from the walls and ceiling and of course over it all the banshee's awful wailing reverberated through the maze of a building. Cosi tried to help Haz look for a hidden passage way along the walls but because he had never done this quest before he was having trouble. Mostly because he had no idea what to look for. Is it a torch sconce I have to pull or simply a well disguised button on the wall? I have no idea, Cosi thought to himself as he continued to run his hands over the wall. 

@Hazado

Haz looked around again feeling the wall as he was still holding the glowstone, it was nice to see at least 5 feet in front of you. Letting out a sigh he looked at the two others with him who seemed to have just as much luck as him. Tho Haz did not know where he needs to look for, last time he did not find it but the other player he was with and now he was here with Hestia who did this quest but a long time ago and Cosi who never did this quest before. "Bloody hell," Haz said low to himself trying to find the hidden passage somewhere. He moved away from the wall and looked around standing in the middle of a corridor with 2 ways to go left and right, but he was really not sure where he needed to go from here. There was a small chair and Haz pushed the chair a bit making the legs of the chair make a sound in the whole prison almost like a banshee. "Arg, that sounds is stupid," He said low before looking back at his companions as he face still showed off quite a scared look.

Spoiler

ID: 109298 | LD 7 REEE NOT FOUND

@Hestia

Walking through the dark cave with only the glowstone within Haz's hand to make the lighting any  better than what it would be naturally due to the fact they are within a prison which is within a cave based floor.  Making my way at a rather relaxed pace wearing my combat gear i glance from one wall to the next trying to find the tell tale mark that i had seen the player who helped me push when we were here last time. However, despite the button having seemed to be close to the entrance last i was here it had either changed the form it had taken to open up the passage or was now just in a entirely different place than last time and for all i know take a lot more convoluted ways to get into the lair than simply pressing a wall piece. Welp this is a lot more difficult than what it should be. I say with a small sigh.

#109467 LD:10 no dice

Searching: ID# 109585-  LD: 5- still searching

The platinum blonde haired player nods in agreement. One hand still trails along the wall, his questing fingers searching for anything that feels off, as he continues to walk down the prison hallway. "Maybe the Banshee will come to us? Might make it a little easier than trying to find a secret way to it." Cosi grinned uneasily, clearly not enthralled with the idea. Having a screaming undead elven maiden sneak up on him was definitely something he did not what to happen. Cosi started slightly at the scraping sound of the pushed chair. He gave a soft chuckle trying to laugh off the sense of dread he began to feel. "Don't worry Haz. I doubt its coming to us and even if it did we're not push overs, especially Hestia." Cosi grinned a mush warming grin and clapped his fellow tank on the shoulder. The blonde glanced over to Hestia, "Is there anything else besides the banshee here that we should keep an eye out for?" 

@Hazado

Hazado heard Cosi and Hestia talk for a bit as he held on to the glowstone, Sure it seemed like it was much easier than last time and nothing was going to stop them but this time, however, it seemed like something changed. Did the layout of the prison change or did they just enter a wrong entrance or something because last time it surely did not take this low for them to find it? Haz turns around looking at Cosi saying not to worry, "Sadly the Banshee does not scare me, it is just the dark itself that scares me, THis place just gives me the creeps and all, Plus I really can't see a thing here even with the glowstone, But there is no way the Banshee comes out of its hiding hole," Haz says sounding still bit calm but however his movement was surely limited as he just dragged his feet over the floor of the prison and was always holding one hand in front of him or near a wall. "I'm Sure we can find it... Somehow, Maybe... I don't know," Haz said as you could his voice slowly going down as he said this.

Searching: ID# 109603  LD: 6 Ree... this going to take long

@Hestia

I glance down into the hall as i finally spot the sigil i had been looking for as i make my way towards it and gently press my hand against it as i grin to myself as the sigil gives way towards my hand as it falls out of the wall and onto the ground behind it as the walls slowly slides into the adjacent right and left side as i glance back towards the two players. Seems like we found the lair you two no time like the present you know? I say in a joking tone of voice towards the duo of tanks that are here along with myself as i wait patiently for them to lead the way since this is their quest. Once they would enter i would walk behind them alongside my familiar as i just nod my head preparing for the amount of enemies that will be present as i try to remember the number that is suppose to exist within the quest instance when i did it with Kim and Ryo.

#109628 LD:14+3=17 lair found

Action: Lumberjack [-13 EN] ((holy heck that was a lot of typing and rolling))
ID# 109638- BD: 5+3= 8- Hit: 8*3-15= 9 dmg
ID# 109639- BD: 7+3= 10- Hit: 8*3-15= 9 dmg
ID# 109640- BD: 1- miss
ID# 109642- BD: 3+3=6- Hit: 8*3-15= 9 dmg
ID# 109643- BD: 10+3= 13- Crit: 10*3-15= 15 dmg
ID# 109645- BD: 5+3=8- Hit: 8*3-15= 9 dmg
ID# 109646- BD: 2+3-2= 3- miss

Cosi- Hp380/380 | EN: 23/38 | MIT: 18 | DMG: 8 | ACC: 3 | THN: 9 
Hazado- ???
Hestia- ???

[1/0/0] Undead Guardian 1- Hp31/40 | MIT: 15 | DMG: 120
[1/0/0] Undead Guardian 2- Hp31/40 | MIT: 15 | DMG: 120
[0/0/0] Undead Guardian 3- Hp40/40 | MIT: 15 | DMG: 120
[1/0/0] Undead Guardian 4- Hp31/40 | MIT: 15 | DMG: 120
[2/0/0] Undead Guardian 5- Hp25/40 | MIT: 15 | DMG: 120
[1/0/0] Undead Guardian 6- Hp31/40 | MIT: 15 | DMG: 120
[0/0/0] Banshee- Hp
250/250 | DMG: 200 | EVA: 2 
(Banshee ignores armor mitigation on a natural roll of 9-10;On a natural roll of 10 she will add a scream to her attack that will paralyze all players present for 1 turn)

Once Hestia had found the secret entrance to the banshee's lair, the blonde haired tank led the way, and went inside. There was a short stone staircase down and the air quickly became cold. Cold enough that Cosi could see his breath. Once in the actual lair the stench of decay hit Cosi. He held back a gag and then began to press forward but just as he did a scream echoed throughout out the chamber and then Cosi saw the banshee. The undead creature floated not too far away her torn white dress and stringy black hair billowing in a nonexistent breeze. Cosi cringed at the sound but advanced all the same. Then the ground erupted beneath his feet and he was forced to scrambled back as six skeletal zombies armed with rusty swords, and armored in old chain mail clawed their way to the surface. "You didn't tell me there were zombies as well!" Cosi shouted back to Haz and Hesita but all the same he charged them. Cosi breathed deeply and activated his aoe sword art. Inbrunst's head glowed with a green light and Cosi let the game system direct his movements. His first swing caught the nearest zombie in the chest, smashing into its dilapidated armor. Cosi then spun on his heel hitting another one it is leg. As those two skeletons stumbled Cosi charged the other four. With one massive sweep of his hammer Cosi hit three of them. One of the zombies sidestepped the attack but another took the full force of the attack to its head. The skull splintered leaving red cracks in it and comically spun around on the mob's spine till it slowed to a stop slightly off center. Cosi stepped back, a massive grin on his face even as he breathed a little heavily. "Your turn Haz. Get these undead idiots." 

@Hazado

(OOC: Oh.... my... God, Haz got strong)

Haz looks as a door opens to them and it seems like Things are going to get interesting fast as Not just two Guardians spawn in but six right away. Haz places the Glowstone around his belt and grins a bit putting on his helmet with two antlers on it. It was just as he remembered Cold air here and just an offsetting, Lucky the glowstone kept light close and Haz saw Cosi charge of saying something about zombies, "Oi, Sorry Cosi, Just got busy with being scared, Now Please move at least a few feet away so I can do this," Haz said following Cosi into the darkness before seeing the enemies good. "Hit and STRIKE!" He said before starting to spin his Glaive like weapon around him 360 degrees around and very fast. The undead moved to him and once getting close a few of them they just were small bumps in the glaives way hitting 4 of them killing them right away. once Haz stood still around then you could see four undead around him standing still and seconds after exploding into blue crystals, "Hestia Take the last two, Then we can focus on the Banshee," Haz said from under his helmet as you could hear him breathe and you could see it as well. as his shadow was cast on the wall like some sort of beast with antlers. 

Spoiler

Action: Trip Expand 

Cosi- Hp380/380 | EN: 23/38 | MIT: 18 | DMG: 8 | ACC: 3 | THN: 9 
Hazado- Hp: 480/480 | EN: 38/48 | MIT: 45 | DMG: 8 | THN: 18
Hestia- ???

ID# 109690- BD: 2- Miss
ID# 109691- BD: 6- Hit: 8*6-15= 33 DMG
ID# 109692- BD: 10- Major Crit: 8+2*6-15= 45 DMG
ID# 109693- BD: 2- Miss
ID# 109694- BD: 7- Hit: 8*6-15= 33 DMG
ID# 109695- BD: 7- Hit: 8*6-15= 33 DMG
ID# 109696- BD: 4-2=2- Miss

[1/0/0] Undead Guardian 1- Hp31/40 | MIT: 15 | DMG: 120
[1/0/0] Undead Guardian 2- Hp: 0/40 | MIT: 15 | DMG: 120
[0/0/0] Undead Guardian 3- Hp: 0/40 | MIT: 15 | DMG: 120
[1/0/0] Undead Guardian 4- Hp31/40 | MIT: 15 | DMG: 120
[2/0/0] Undead Guardian 5- Hp: 0/40 | MIT: 15 | DMG: 120
[1/0/0] Undead Guardian 6- Hp: 0/40 | MIT: 15 | DMG: 120
[0/0/0] Banshee- Hp
250/250 | DMG: 200 | EVA: 2 
(Banshee ignores armor mitigation on a natural roll of 9-10;On a natural roll of 10 she will add a scream to her attack that will paralyze all players present for 1 turn)

@Hestia