[F04- SP] The First of Many Level Grindings <<Avalanche>>

Log Entry whatever the heck I say it is cause I ts my journal anyways. 

I really need to catch up to some of my friends- namely Hazado, Neo, and Mars- so its time to do the thing that must be done in every single role playing game and mutliplayer game: grind for levels. So that's exactly what I do. I head out to a place on the fourth floor that I've found called the Glacial Cove which seems to be home to a large amount of high level mobs and as a bonus its close by to the spot that the field boss Avalanche spawns. 

---------------------

Cosi steps outside of his workshop into the chilly air with Ladon wrapped around his shoulders and a pure white cloak on over both of them, holding Inbrunst in his right hand. The blonde player's snake raises his head and gives Cosi an accusatory stare. "Hey buddy I'm sorry that I'm going out into the cold but you're just going to have to deal with it. I promise that I won't go questing anymore after this so you can curl up by the fire for the rest day." Cosi pleads with the serpent. Ladon's only response is to burrow his head beneath the white cloak. "Fair enough buddy." Cosi begins to make his way to Glacial Cove. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cosi made it to the Glacial Cove relatively quickly- he had committed the path to memory- but before entering he took a left path and found himself in a small valley like chasm between two mountains that was covered in ice. Avalanche's lair. Before the Blonde haired player entered into the snow covered area he returned his war hammer to his Inventory and equipped a different kind of weapon entirely. The blonde haired tank's simple leather gloves were replaced by reinforced steel gauntlets with nasty metal studs on the knuckles. Cosi moved his digits, feeling the weight and mobility of the gauntlets. "This will take some getting used to." And with that the white cloaked player strode into the chasm ready for the fight that awaited him. This shouldn't be too hard but this will take some time. But that's what grinding is. "And I do need the Sp and Levels."

• 2 weeks later...

Action: Delayed Sword [-4 EN] 
ID# 109779- BD: 7+3= 10- Hit: 8*4= 32 dmg

Cosi- Hp400/400 | EN 36/40 DMG 8 | MIT 18 | ACC 3 | EVA 3 

Avalanche- Hp68/100 | DMG 40 | ID# 109779- MD: 5-3= 2- Miss

As soon as Cosi entered the chasm he heard the loud bellow that sounded a tad like icicles falling that was of course the hidden ice elemental boss, Avalanche. The massive ice golem broke free from the multitude of ice spires and snow covered rocks and strode forward to meet the blonde player. Cosi didn't give him the time. The white blonde tank charged forward and without the heavy half plate he moved faster then he had ever been able to. His fists glowed with a blinding white blue light as he activated a sword art. Cosi reached the mob but instead of decking the ice golem, he bounded up the creature's leg and torso. Cosi laughed as he hovered in the air for a split second before lashing out and smashing his gauntleted fist into Avalanche's face. Ice shattered and the elemental bellowed in pain and rage. Cosi fell back to earth, landing in a crouched position, the rolling away as a massive rock fist came down where he had just been. "You'll have to be faster then that Frosty." 

ID# 109780- BD: 8+3= 11- Hit: 8*4= 32 dmg

Cosi- Hp400/400 | EN 33/40 DMG 8 | MIT 18 | ACC 3 | EVA 3 

Avalanche- Hp: 36/100 | DMG 40 | ID# 109780- MD: 2-3= 1- Miss

Cosi charged the massive ice elemental again, weaving between its failing strikes. He felt so quick with just his cloak on. Nothing could touch him. I wonder if this is what Mars feels like whenever he's fighting? Cosi got in close and threw two quick punches at the large ice elemental. One hit the golem in the leg and the other connected with Avalanche's torso but both punches landed solidly. Avalanche stumbled backwards at the force of the blows and tried to stay upright. He swung one of his massive arms at Cosi- mostly to force the attacking player back- but the blonde player managed to easily dodge the attack. Cosi jumped back at regarded the mob. Avalanche's health was far into the yellow now and it would only take one or two good hits to finish off the field boss. "Let's finish this Frosty." Cosi pounded his gauntlets together and advanced.

ID# 109820- BD: 8+3=11- Hit: 8*4= 32 dmg

Cosi- Hp400/400 | EN 30/40 DMG 8 | MIT 18 | ACC 3 | EVA 3 

Avalanche- Hp: 4/100 | DMG 40 | ID# 109820- MD: 1-3=1- Miss

Cosi hadn't realized how far he'd come. Personally that is. He could now just waltz and take on Avalanche with out taking a single hit when last time he had called on Mars to help him because he'd knew it would be hard for him. Cosi grinned and slowly advanced on the ice elemental. Hopefully with one more good punch Frosty will be dead and then I can go kill some monsters and grind out my levels. Cosi breathed in and activated a sword art. Again his gauntleted fists were cloaked in white blue light and Cosi leapt at Avalanche and swung his fist decking the mob right in its mouth. Chunks of ice, rock, and snow were thrown from the elemental and it bellowed in pain. Cosi tucked and rolled as he hit the ground, coming to his feet after hitting the snow. Cosi looked back to see the ice elemental stumbling around but still standing. Avalanche only had the barest sliver of health left. 

ID# 109830- BD: 10+3=13- Crit: 8+2*4= 40 dmg

Cosi- Hp400/400 | EN 27/40 DMG 8 | MIT 18 | ACC 3 | EVA 3 

Avalanche- Hp: 0/100 | DMG 40 | ID# 109830- MD: 3-3=1- Miss

Cosi sighed and walked towards the off kilter ice golem. For the fourth time he activated his Delayed Sword sword art, coating his fists in blue light, and then rushed the mob. Avalanche had just gotten its balance back when Cosi struck. The blonde haired tank sucker punched the ice elemental his gauntleted fist actually breaking through the layer of ice and sinking into the mob. Avalanche shuddered and the let out a final bellow as its icy body crumbled and cracked, and then shattered into a multitude of light particles. Cosi breathed out, watching his breath float on the cold air, and then waited. A couple seconds later his menu opened with a ding showing the rewards he had gotten from defeating Avalanche. It wasn't as much since he had already defeated the boss but still it was something. "Time to go hunting for some monsters now." Cosi said as he closed down his menu, left Avalanche's lair, and then headed deeper into the Glacial Cove.

Searching for Materials: ID# 109833- LD: 1+1=2- Nothing found

This was Cosi's first time in Glacial Cove and it didn't disappoint. The ice caves that had formed where highly reflective almost like a hall of mirrors and even though it was a system of caves the clarity of the ice and the occasional holes in the ceiling let in plenty of light. "Good. I hate dark caves mostly because I can't see worth anything." Cosi said to himself as he walked along the ice tunnels. It seems like it would be impossible for these caves and tunnels to form but it is a game so I guess anything goes. Then again the real world is amazing enough that I don't doubt that there's something like this somewhere out there. Cosi sighed as he continued to walk along the tunnels. "I wonder if I will ever get back to the real world. I wonder if I will ever get to see Sara again." At Cosi's words Ladon poked his head out from beneath Cosi white cloak and flicked out its tongue.

Searching for Materials: ID# 109834- LD: 12+1=13- Nothing

Cosi patted his serpent's head lightly and smiled softly, "Yeah, yeah. I get it. Don't be pessimistic. and if that's not what you're saying and yu're just complaining about being cold then be quiet. You'll be fine Ladon." The emerald green snake slipped its head beneath the cloak again and promptly curled up tighter around Cosi's shoulders. Probably sleeping again. Cosi continued walking through the near crystalline caverns simply looking around. He was looking for anything really: monsters, treasure chests, or materials. Anything that will would be useful or that could yield a reward. Alas he didn’t see anything. I thought that Glacial Cove was supposed to be teaming with strong mobs. Cosi looked around again as he walked. Maybe I'm not in the actual Glacial Cove just yet. Any hidden spot would be like that especially in video games. You've got to make your way through the gauntlet before you get to the real reward. Cosi shrugged and continued walking. 

Searching for Materials: ID# 109861- LD: 14+1=15- Material Found!
+ 1 T1 Mat

Cosi continued on his way through the ice tunnels. Not heading in any particular path but just wandering as he searched. The aspiring tank was here to grind levels and loot so there was no hurry in finishing or getting anywhere. This was always the slowest parts of any role playing game- grinding for levels- but it was a necessary part and a part that Cosi was fairly good at since he was implacable and determined. No reason to slow down of stop when there's a goal in mind. Cosi turned a corner and found that the ice tunnel had begun to slope downwards and that there were deposits of earth and rock mixed in with the crystalline ice. Cosi was about to turn around and continue on a different path- he didn't want to end up in the darkness- when he saw something glint. The blonde player went to investigate and found that there was a deposit of ore in the rock and ice walls. Cosi pried one of the hunks of ore out of the wall with little effort, turned around, and continued through the caverns.

ID# 109862- BD: 2+3+1 (using Concentration)=6- Hit: 8*4= 32 dmg

Cosi- Hp400/400 36/40 EN | DMG 8 | MIT 18 | ACC 3 | EVA 3 |

Crystal Golem- Hp168/200 | DMG 60 | ID# 109862- MD: 2-3=1- Miss

Cosi strode down another corridor of ice and grinned when he saw his first mob. It was a golem made of crystal or ice. Cosi couldn't tell which. It was all hard angles and geometric shapes with a featureless face. However as Cosi rounded the corner the clear head of the mob turned toward the blonde haired player. The golem then began to charge at the aspiring tank. Cosi smirked and rushed in towards it his fists already awash with pale blue light. Once the two were within striking distance, Cosi through a right hook which slammed into the golem's head and threw off his own attack. The mob stumbled to the side, shook its head, and then moved in for another strike. Cosi grinned, it was more of a mirthful smirk and raised his arms up, leaving himself open and trying to goad the mob on. "Come on Popsicle. Take your best shot." 

ID# 109864- BD: 1- Miss

Cosi- Hp400/400 33/40 EN | DMG 8 | MIT 18 | ACC 3 | EVA 3 |

Crystal Golem- Hp168/200 | DMG 60 | ID# 109864- BD: 8-3=5- Miss

And the crystal golem did. The mob charged forward with surprising speed, throwing a straight left with its sharp, crystalline arms. Cosi had to throw himself backwards- falling to the ground-to avoid getting speared by the golems attack. Cosi quickly rolled to his feet and way from the crystal golem. Alright so be a little less cocky. You've gotten stronger but you're not invincible. These mobs can still hurt you and this guy looks stronger than even Avalanche somehow. Cosi looked at the golem's health bar. The mob had nearly double the health that the ice elemental had. "This fight is going to take a while." Cosi sighed as he breathed in and prepared another sword art. Seems like Glacial Cove does indeed have some strong mobs. Cosi crashed his gauntlets together and advanced on the crystal golem, being a little more cautious this time around. "Alright Popsicle. Round two buddy"

ID# 109865- BD: 4+3=7- Hit: 8*4= 32 dmg

Cosi- Hp356/400 30/40 EN | DMG 8 | MIT 18 | ACC 3 | EVA 3 |

Crystal Golem- Hp136/200 | DMG 60 | ID# 109865- MD: 10- Crit: 60+2-18= 44 dmg

Cosi moved in close to the crystal golem hoping to strike quickly and then move out of reach before the golem could attack back. Cosi unleashed his Delayed Sword sword art, smashing his right fist into the mob's jewel like torso. Crystal splinted and cracked leaving the reflective surface marred with right pixelated cracks. Cosi grinned as he watched the golem's health bar drop but then he was hit. The crystal golem slammed its spiked arms into the blonde tank, expelling the air from his lungs and forcing him backwards. Cosi managed to stop himself from falling, but still he had do gasp for breath. Cosi coughed as oxygen finally entered his lungs and then he straightened up. That had been a big hit- Ladon had blocked some of the damage- but still the mob hit hard. Thankfully he wasn't anywhere close to half health. But a couple more of those hits and I will be. Let's kill this guy before then. 

ID# 109866- BD: 9+3=11- Crit: 8+1*4= 36 dmg

Cosi- Hp356/400 27/40 EN | DMG 8 | MIT 18 | ACC 3 | EVA 3 |

Crystal Golem- Hp100/200 | DMG 60 | ID# 109866- MD: 2-3=1- Miss

The crystal Golem charged forwards- probably pushing its luck- And swung a geometric fist at the aspiring tank player. Cosi smirked and easily ducked under the strike while giving his own return attack. A sword art enhanced gauntlet slammed into the golem's exposed torso shattering crystal once again and even throwing the mob back a couple feet. The crystal golem staggered back, its arms wind-milling. Cosi grinned and then advanced. "Time to put you down Popsicle." The mob's health was in the yellow now which meant that it should only take three or four hits to kill the thing. Why waste time, Cosi thought to himself as he strode forward, pounding his gauntleted fists together. I've still got plenty of health and energy left. This mob is going down. Cosi couldn't help but chuckle a little bit as he moved towards the reeling golem. Maybe this game was pretty fun even when not meeting new people.

ID# 109867- BD: 5+3=8- Hit: 8*4= 32 dmg

Cosi- Hp313/400 24/40 EN | DMG 8 | MIT 18 | ACC 3 | EVA 3 |

Crystal Golem- Hp68/200 | DMG 60 | ID# 109867- MD: 9- Crit: 60+1-18= 43 dmg

Cosi continued towards the staggered crystal golem. The blonde haired tank breathed in, activated his sword art, and the leaped forwards. Pale blue fists crashed into the golem's featureless face as Cosi hit it with his right and left in quick succession. The crystal golem stumbled back again before shaking its head and then charging at the player. As the mob swung its heavy arms Cosi tried to sidestep and dodge but he was just a hair too slow as one of the spiked arms connected with the blonde player's face. Again Cosi was forced backwards, stumbling on the heels of his feet but he managed to catch himself before he fell. Also this time his breath wasn't knocked out of him. Cosi grimaced and glanced at his health bar. Still in the green. Good. But Popsicle over there doesn't have too much life left in him. The mob was nearly at red. It should only take three- hopefully two if one was a good hit- to finish the crystal golem off. 

ID# 109869- BD: 1- Miss

Cosi- Hp269/400 21/40 EN | DMG 8 | MIT 18 | ACC 3 | EVA 3 |

Crystal Golem- Hp68/200 | DMG 60 | ID# 109869- MD: 10- Crit: 60+2-18= 44 dmg

Cosi lifted up his arm and wiped off his mouth. "Alright Popsicle. You've had your fun. Now its time for you to just roll over and die." Cosi breathed in and prepared to strike again. But apparently Popsicle the crystal golem's fun was not over because as Cosi was building up his sword art and advancing on the mob the golem lashed out with its spike crystalline arm slamming it directly into Cosi's unprotected side. Cosi's concentration was broken and with that went his sword art. Cosi was thrown off his feet and into the side of the ice cavern wall. Cosi turned his shoulder to absorb some of the impact but still it hurt like hell. Cosi staggered to his feet more shocked then actually hurt. He still wasn't even at half health but if he took a couple more hits he would be and still he needed to hit the crystal golem three more times. Cosi cracked his neck and turned back to the mob that was rushing towards him. 

ID# 109870- BD: 2+3+1 (using Concentration)=6- Hit: 8*4= 32 dmg

Cosi- Hp225/400 18/40 EN | DMG 8 | MIT 18 | ACC 3 | EVA 3 |

Crystal Golem- Hp: 36/200 | DMG 60 | ID# 109870- MD: 10- Crit: 60+2-18= 44 dmg

"Alright Popsicle, let's finish this cause now I'm kind of getting tired of you." But, like before, as Cosi readied his sword art and then charged the crystal golem, it lashed out with its right arm. Cosi tried to duck under the attack but he just managed to get hit full in the face by a rock hard crystal arm. Thankfully Cosi's momentum carried him into the golem and his glowing right fist connected with the mob's featureless face. Crystalline ice was broken off and shattered into light as the mob was thrown backwards from the force of the blow. The crystal golem was now a spider web of red cracks from all the times that Cosi had hit the mob. But the mob was still not dead. Cosi sighed and advanced. He was nearly at half health and his energy levels had dropped to about half as well. These fights are taxing. Thank goodness I only stumbled upon one of these guys. 

ID# 109895- BD: 10+3=13- Crit: 8+2*4= 40 dmg

Cosi- Hp225/400 15/40 EN | DMG 8 | MIT 18 | ACC 3 | EVA 3 |

Crystal Golem- Hp: 0/200 | DMG 60 | ID# 109895- MD: 4-3=1- Miss

Looting Crystal Golem: 
ID# 109896- CD: 3, LD: 17+1=18
Result: 1000 Col, 2 T1 Mats

Cosi was sick of this fight. Mostly because every time Popsicle hit it did massive damage. Its like Popsicle has to crit to hit me or something. So Cosi prepared one last Delayed Sword sword art, coating his fists in a blinding pale blue energy, and then rushed the crystal golem. Cosi was reckless in his approach but apparently that made him too fast for the golem to react to. Cosi's right hook literally shattered the golem's jaw- Talk about a glass jaw- and the rest of the golem followed suite breaking into particles of light before disappearing all together. Cosi pumped his fit once in victory and then waited till his menu dinged open. Cosi looked through the rewards he had gotten from the crystal golem. It was a good amount of Col and a couple more of the ore materials. Cosi nodded and pocketed the rewards and then continued down his chosen path. Hopefully I don't find another one of those guys too soon I need time to regen. 

Spoiler

Total Loot:
- 1000 Col
- 3 T1 Mats

Action: Switching Gear
- Allsehend
- Stahlgriff

+ Opulence
+Finder's Keeper

Cosi- Hp240/400 16/40 EN |

Maybe I'll do some gathering as I regen cause this will probably take a good amount of time. Cosi's health had began to regen slowly but it would take time so he switched out his accuracy trinket and his hammer for his draconian ring and the beaded bracelet he was borrowing from Shield. There were no lakes or ponds around in the ice tunnels so Cosi would just have to gather materials the usual way: by looking for them. Besides I'd hate to imagine what kind of fish would be lurking in a place like this. Probably big and nasty ones. Cois shrugged to himself and began looking for materials in addition to treasure chests. I'm sure that there will be some chests in this place as well. It seems hidden enough and off the map that it would have good rewards. Cosi's gaze swept over the ice tunnels searching for more of the ore that he had found before

Spoiler

Total Loot:
- 1000 Col
- 3 T1 Mats

Searching for Materials: ID# 109898- LD: 6+5= 11- Nothing

Cosi- Hp255/400 17/40 EN |

Cosi was searching for any kind of loot but it seemed that he couldn't find anything. I found that ore in that more rocky area of these ice caverns so if I find another place like that I'll probably find some more of it. So with a place in mind Cosi began searching harder, quickly moving down tunnels, turning corners, avoiding more of the wandering crystal golems. The ice tunnels were quite a maze. Cosi was going to have a great time getting back out of here once he had enough of killing stuff for loot and sp. Cosi sighed as he continued to look but came up with nothing useful. "Guess We've just got to keep looking." Cosi said as Ladon poked his head out from beneath the white cloak. Cosi ran his hand along the snake's smooth scales, "No worries buddy. I'm sure we're going to get lots of loot." 

Searching for Treasure Chest: ID# 109967- LD: 10+5=15- Treasure Chest Found!

Cosi- Hp270/400 40/40 EN |

Cosi continued his meandering walk through the ice tunnels that either were or led to Glacial Cove. Cosi really didn't know. Even though his shop- and therefore his home- was on this floor, Cosi really hadn't done much exploration on it. That is partly what this excursion is: getting loot and experience, as well as exploring the floor. Cosi turned a corner and, lo and behold, found himself in another one of the partly ice partly rock caverns. Inside were some large faintly glowing crystals and some of the same ore deposits Cosi had seen, but the main attraction was the heavy iron reinforced chest sitting in the middle of the room. Cosi grinned and approached the chest. The tank slowed and stopped however. It was strange to see a treasure chest just right smack dab in the middle of a room. That was not normally the case. Usually chests were hidden.