[PP|F1] Seen for the first time <<The first few lessons are free>>

Nicholas walked through the town on the first floor, as it was the easiest floor and was easy to blend in with the crowd. He hadn’t let go of his fear of causing a scene, so he hid as well he could from those who do like starting scenes. The players on this floor are low enough level wise that they don’t care about who they see, as long as they get some help. He looks around and sees a shop that someone recommended to him. This is the place right? He walks in and a bell rings as he opens the door so Nicholas darts through as fast as possible to avoid being seen. Over estimating his speed and reaction time, he turns a corner and slams right into a person he had never seen before. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to bump into you like that.” He says, sitting on the ground, as the collision had knocked him off his feet and he had landed on his but. Ugh, this is gonna cause a scene, please be discrete. I’ll do anything just please, be a quiet person. He stands up and extends his hand, almost requesting a hand shake.

@Spencer

Spencer walked slowly, not playing attention that much with what he was doing. He was bored out of his mind, and decided that maybe he was going to hang out on the first floor for old times sake, considering it had been a long time before he had been on this floor before. He sighed a bit and began to exit the shop he was in, the contents not that interesting and the shop keep the same one that gave him the beginner quest line, his most hated quest line. But as he was leaving, a body collided with him. He gasped and stumbled back a bit, Noot gasping as well and clinging to Spencer. When he looked at the man, his mind immediately thought. Yep, he is cute. He ignored the thoughts and saw the man quickly get up and apologies for running into him, holing out a hand for him to hold. "O-Oh you're fine don't worry, I wasn't looking where I was going." He shook the hand and smiled at him. "Might as well introduce myself, I'm Spencer, how about you?" He asked, Noot waving at the man, smiling.

@Arsenal

Arsenal looks at the man. “Arsenal.” He smiles, crouching down next to the penguin and petting it’s head. “Cute little feller isn’t he.” He stands up, looking to the man he had run into a few moments ago. “I was... I was gonna do a quest, wanna help me out with it?” He asks. This would be the first real time Arsenal had ever left the town of beginnings. He mostly lived his life in fear of being noticed, now he regretted it. It’s high time I get out and see the world, and I couldn’t ask for a more good looking... I mean, nice, friend to explore with me. His eyes quickly pan over the player next to him as he walks up to the old man. “I heard you were giving out quests, I was here to ask for one.” He says, the awkwardness behind his voice was apparent, for he didn’t like talking to people unless he had to. I hope this quest isn’t too difficult, but if it is, this other player should be able to help me. He opens his inventory, looking at the quest objectives, studying them to see what he needs to do. He turns to the man with a penguin with a fake smile, “Do you know the best place to get these materials?” He shows the quest to his new “friend.” I hope he knows, this will be harder if he doesn’t. He pulls out a cigar and lights it up, puffing a little and releasing smoke.

@Spencer

Clarence listened to the man for a moment, and frowned a bit when he mentioned the quest. "OH boy, you're gonna have fun doing these quests. Yeah I'll help you, you're gonna need help for them anyways, they take a very long time to do.... Well not that long, they are just very annoying." He laughed a bit and looked around. "I don't know the best place, but I'm willing to help you look, considering I have literally nothing else to do today than help you." He smiled at the man and left the shop, holding the door open for him as he left. "And yes, I love my penguin so much, his name is Noot." Noot waves to the man, giving him a bit of a salute and running around, exploring a bit. "He kind of likes to explore the town, he'll catch up with us." He smiled at the penguin running around, the smile moving towards Arsenal. "So Arsenal, what brought you to doing these quests today? Bored with nothing else to do? Or finally getting around to doing them?" He asked the man, genuinely curious at what his answer would be. It took me forever to do these quests, mostly because I hated them so much, wonder if he is in the same boat as I was. 

@Arsenal

Arsenal puffs his cigar as he thinks about his answer. Should I tell him the truth? Or should I keep myself hidden? He gets fed up with his thoughts and opts for the former. “I guess you can only be invisible for so long before you get lonely.” His voice carries, holding a little bit of smoke. The cigar was not an uncommon thing for the man, but his smoking had slowed down slowly when he joined SAO. It was something his father did and he stole a few from his dad and smoked them with his friend. His hands move down and grab a rock from the ground, not knowing that they had just picked up a material for the quest. It disappears, moving to his inventory and he looks at his hand with a puzzled look and quickly looks over at the other player. “What the hell was that?” He asks almost worriedly. He shakes it off and slides his hands into his pockets, walking forwards and motioning for the other player to follow him.

ID:109164

LD: 18 (success)

+1 Material

(1 total)

@Spencer

Edited by Arsenal

ID: 109343 LD: 17 

Spencer sat there for a moment and listened to the man, his emotions something he felt so, so many times in his life. He nodded in agreeance and walked alongside of him. "I understand what you're feeling, not as direct and intense as you feel right now, but definitely a way that you are feeling. It took my forever to get myself out there and start to meet others, but after I did it started to fade. It is less of getting over it, as being able to manage the feelings in a better way than you usually do." He paused and blushed. "Sorry, I just talk a lot when I'm a tad bit nervous." He paused and blushed brighter. "Y-you're not making me nervous I promise, just me talking about my own emotions." He threw on to the end in a quick fashion, pushing the words out. He looked down at the ground to hide his ever increasing red face, but when he did, a small item appeared on the ground. "Oh, well here you go." He smiled, his face back to a normal peach color. He handed the material  to the man, now 40% of the way done with this quest.

Mats: 2

@Arsenal

Arsenal laughs as the other player catches himself rambling. The blushing caught the man’s attention and Arsenal began to blush a little too. This was highly uncommon for the generally masculine man, hiding his emotions from the world to make sure no one noticed him. “It’s fine, silence is worse than rambling.” He laughs, puffing the cigar and putting it out. He liked the cigars because it was something he could hold onto the real world with, like a bridge between realities. His only friend was on the other side, probably worried sick about him, and Arsenal was having fun in this world so he embraced both. “You know, this world is nice. Minus the whole die in game and die in the real world, it’s a really well crafted reality. I don’t regret coming here at all. Do you?” He asks, trying to make conversation last longer. That boy is kind of cute, especially when he gets all nervous and such, it makes him way cuter. He smiles as he walks, something most people almost never see. His eyes pan over the field in front of him in an attempt to find the next material for the quest. Not like he wanted this adventure to end, but he did want this quest to be over, especially after what he had heard about the quests in this game.

ID: 109344

LD: 8

2 total

@Spencer

Edited by Arsenal

He nodded and did agree with the idea of silence being worse than rambling. He's got a point, hope I don't ramble TOO much, considering he is a hot man who is also super chill, would be cool to keep friends with him. He thought to himself for a moment and continued to look for materials, his eyes darting to Arsenal every once in a while. When he mentioned coming to the Game, he thought for a moment, asking himself this type of question before. "Well, all in all. I have come out of my shell, met people, became some what strong, joined a guild, healed emotionally from past stuff, and also met my adorable penguin. So yeah, I think I am happy about it." He blushed a laughed a bit. "Not to gloat I swear, took me forever to get all of these things, hoping they last." He smiled and motioned for Arsenal to talk. "What about you? Anything good or interesting you have found in this game?" 

ID: 109345 LD: 14 
Mats: 2

@Arsenal

Arsenal heard the question and began to think. “I mean, I got this.” He slips out a spear that looks crudely sharpened at the top. The boring staff looks like it was never meant to be a spear. He turned to look at the rather cute boy’s reaction. “Other than that, the best thing that has happened was meeting you...” His face turns a bright red as he finishes the sentence and he can’t think of anything to try to cover it up. Sh*t, did I just say that? Why the hell did I say that? That attracts attention, I don’t want attention. His body stiffens like a board as he turns and walks over to grab a material. “I guess we’re one step closer to being done.” He smiles, trying to change the subject and the material moves into his inventory. The field being low made the boy unsettled because he had no where to disappear to if a confrontation occurred, he hated those because he hated to get in trouble. Then again, fighting is part of this game, but that doesn’t make it any easier. His brown hair blows in the wind as he tries to avoid the sentence ha had said earlier.

ID: 109347

LD: 15

4 total

@Spencer

Edited by Arsenal

Spencer nodded approvingly at the Spear that was held up to him, but the next comment took him off guard, but it was his chance to let his inner flirt show. Okay, Okay, Okay. You got this, You got this. Been waiting a while to let this out. Don't mess this up. Spencer turned to look at Arsenal, and gave him a half smile and a cocked eyebrow? "Oh Yeah? I was thinking just the same about you." He ended the reply with a wink and turned around, hiding his burning red face from Arsenal. Oh god I did it. I DID IT, I PERFORMED A FLIRT! While Spencer was congratulating himself in his head, he didn't really look for any materials. Turning to see Arsenal pick something up and depositing it, almost getting all of the items. "A-awesome, now we need one more, and we start quest number two." He grumbled momentarily in his head at the prospect of going through all of that again, but with a cute guy who also flirts with him? He could push through for it.

ID: 109350 LD: 10, Fail

4 Total

@Arsenal

Arsenal catches the other player’s flirt and smiles. The man’s face turns red as he quickly turns away. So he’s into me. Nice, but what if we become good friends and it doesn’t work out? Would I lose my only friend? He slides his hands in his pockets, obviously in turmoil as he completely forgets to look for the next material. Can I trust him? Or is he just gonna use me and abuse me? He shakes his head. Damnit Nick, you’ve been waiting for life to give you the moment, just take the damn leap. He gives the other player a genuine smile, one he hadn’t given anyone except his best friend in the real world. “Is quest numero dos easy? Or am I gonna have to work harder for less of a reward?” He asks, hoping it would be the former, but knowing that the answer was probably gonna be the latter. “I can count on my cute friend to be there, right?” He asks, in an attempt to flirt but falling flat on his face as his blushing makes his intentions incredibly obvious.

ID: 109351

LD: 2

4 total

@Spencer

Edited by Arsenal

Spencer was a bit happy now, knowing that the man accepted his flirt, and actually kind of liked it. Wait... what the hell is happening. I'm meeting a man, who is into dudes, who is into me? What kind of hell... He shook his head and smiled, looking over at Arsenal. The man asked about the second quest, and he was just about to answer too, when the next comment caught him off guard. His face went up in red for a moment before he calmed down, giving a soft smile. "I don't know," He began, walking towards the man, "Will this one be my eye candy during it?" As he said this, he got closer and took the mans hand in his, stroking it gently before dropping it and backing up a bit. "So, after we find this one, we are going right to the next one?" He went into a major mood change, swapping how he was acting from the flirting remarks entirely. It's almost fun to mess with him, but also he is too gosh darn cute to stop myself. "Round two with you, think I can do that." He said that with a wink, biting his lip a bit. Okay too far too far calm the sexual stuff down.

ID: 109424 LD: 10

Mats: 4

@Arsenal

Nicholas recognizes the flirt, and blushing a little, tries to hit this pitch. “I’m down for as many rounds as you want.” He smiles, not sure whether he was flirting correctly, he had never done it before and wasn’t entirely sure how to do it. He spins and walks over to a rock sitting down, patting the spot next to him. “Sit down. Why waste so much energy standing when we could just sit and look?” he smiles at the other man. This guy is rather cute, and apparently into dudes. I’m pretty lucky that this is the first guy I met. He’s pretty damn cute. He pulls out a cigar and starts to try to light it. But the wind keeps it from lighting, also blowing his medium brown hair gently as he puff on the cigar and finally lights it. He puffs it a few times and releases smoke, looking over to the player and holding it out. “Wanna try it, it tastes just like they do in the real world.” He tilts his head, awaiting a reaction.

ID: 109430

LD: 2

4 total

@Spencer

Edited by Arsenal

He blushed and shook his head and walked towards the man that was offering a seat for him. He smiled a bit and walked towards him, sitting down next to him. The man was sitting there, and the man took a moment to look him over, liking the way that he looked. Hmmm, so we know he likes guys, and also that he likes me... it seems. So I don't see any main problems coming my way, maybe I should just keep going the path that I am going and hope for the best at this point ,what could go wrong.He laughed mentally and noticed the man offering him a drag. "No thank you, but thanks for the offer." He smiled at the man and looked around, seeing the scenery around the two. "I forget the first floor can have some pretty things." He looked at Arsenal with that, giving him a cute smile and turned back to the sky line. "So Arsenal, what is your favorite hmmm... color, animal, food, season, and music style?"

ID: 109431 LD: 9

Mats: 4

@Arsenal

Arsenal looks off into space and thinks. “Red, cats, ice cream, winter, and don’t tell anyone, but Nightcore.” He smiles, taking another puff of his cigar. “What about you?” He asks, looking around rather lazily and back to the man next to him. Let’s get more info before I fully trust him. “What kind of stuff do you like?” He asks, nudging his shoulder, puffing from his cigar and releasing smoke. He puts it out and it explodes into a cloud of blue pixels. His eyes move back and meet the other player’s. Oh shoot, this is eye contact, I’ve never made eye contact with someone I like before. He blushes hard and spins his head quickly, looking the other way avoiding the moment from before. “Listen Spencer... Nevermind.” He slides his hands into his pockets, and chuckles nervously. “Let’s get back to the quest.” He stands up and nods, yeah? We should get back to work, I got distracted for a good time. He holds his hands in his pockets and looks back at Spencer, as he motions his head to get Spencer to follow.

ID: 109432

LD: 3

total 4

@Spencer

Edited by Arsenal

"Turquoise, Bears, Spaghetti, Fall, and I guess for me, Heavy Metal." He smiled back at him, and watched him slowly smoke his cigar. Arsenal began to say something, but it seemed he didn't actually want to say what he was going to say. Spencer gave the man a confused look and stood up, following the smoking man as the two of them decided to keep looking around. He enjoyed the company of the man, but it seemed like he was holding back something, but he couldn't really tell what it could be. Hope he isn't some sort of psychopath, he seems calm enough.. but it's the ones you least suspect. He thought and laughed softly to himself. "So, Arsenal. What brought you to the land of gaming? It was something I always kind of liked, and my parents were able to help me get SAO, but I have a feeling you have a different story about your interaction with the video game world." He smiled and nudged the man a bit. He asked that and looked down, finding the fifth item. With that he handed it to Arsenal, holding his hand for a split second then letting go.

Rolling

ID: 109433 LD: 11

Mats: 5 (Completed)

@Arsenal

Arsenal grabs his last material and smiles. The question makes the man think, and he nods. “I guess. The story starts with me being a small child. I look American right? I’m half American, but I grew up in Japan. So I stuck out like a sore thumb, and was constantly outcast for it. In pretty much everything except video games, I was different, videogames were a safe haven.” He looks back at the other player, and forces himself to smile. “Then I just kind of stuck with them after I disappeared from everyone’s radar. I just turned invisible in everything but the online world. That and Kendo were what kept me sane.” He nods, walking through and hiding the pain in his voice as best he can. He wasn’t perfect at it, but he was good enough to convince some people. I’m surprised he hasn’t stopped talking to me, usually cute guys don’t like me. He looks backwards, “We should actually get back, I want to get these done and buy you dinner.” He smiles, with a touch of red in his cheeks. Like this flirt was a bit too direct for him to be used to. I would like to take him out properly, like a man should. He smiles and begins to think of where he saw spaghetti last as he made his way through the woods and past his little crush.

@Spencer

He listened to the man talk about himself, and he smiled as he talked. See, this is the kind of stuff I wanted to hear, all this stuff about him is nice to hear! Hope it continues. He smiled a bit as he listened to the man finish, and also mentioned kendo, and Spencer nodded approvingly. "Kendo? Really that's awe-" The flirt struck him and he blushed and looked at the ground. "N-No one has ever asked me out to dinner before, I would love for you to be the first one to take me." He smiled and blushed a bit, looking back at the man. "O-okay lets turn these in and get going, I'm turning into a tomato out here." He laughed and ran a hand through his hair. Wait [censored] I should probably talk about myself a bit more than I have. "So I uh have poly-amorous parents," He paused and face palmed, "Probably not the best way to start the conversation. But yeah, they were. Growing up I had my parents, and a whole bunch of people come in and out of my life that were with my parents, it was a tad weird but it seemed to be okay.... That's weird for me to say right?"

@Arsenal

“A little, but it’s cool. I like hearing about you.” He smiles and laughs, reaching the edge of town and smiling. It’s starting to get late, I might have trouble working all the way through these. He looks at the other player. “Hey, what if we just went to dinner after this quest, but if you don’t want to, I wouldn’t blame you.” He looks at the see of weak players and walks, trying to split between the waves of the players, almost shorter than the two players sneaking through the crowd. Then Arsenal takes a back street, with less people than most other streets. “You can keep telling stories about yourself if you want, I’ll listen to you, I promise.” He slips his hands into his pockets, trying to keep to himself and slip past the other players unnoticed, when a short and skinny player bumps into the man. “Sorry about tha...” He says, getting cut off by the snap of the tiny man. “Hey, Giant, what the hell? Just ‘cause you’re a freak doesn’t make me invisible.” He says, poking Nicholas and trying to act intimidating.

”Woah, I tried to apologize, I’ll just leave you alone.” He says, trying to walk away. “Yeah, you better walk away prick.” He says as the man walks away, and Arsenal looks at Spencer. “The players still try to cause problems, but it’s understandable. It’s a game where you could die at any moment and I bumped into him, he had every right to be angry.” He says, obviously bothered by the interaction. Through the old man’s door the two moved, looking around for the man and Arsenal looks at his friend. “The items have been collected, I’m done with this quest.” He throws the items on the counter when suddenly a box is set on the counter as the old man asks for a favor. I was looking forward to dinner. I’ll try to get this done fast. Maybe do the date after this.

@Spencer

Spencer blushed and smiled a bit when Arsenal mentioned that he liked hearing about him, that being something no one really told him before. Before he could say something, A couple things happened, Arsenal started to doubt the idea of the two of them going out to dinner, him mentioning that he would indeed listen to any stories that he had Good, I have a whole lot of them. And then a man ran into Arsenal, being one of the rudest human beings that he met in this game. Spencer bit his tongue for a moment, wondering if he should say something. But after Arsenal went ahead into the store, Spencer walked towards the man. He seemed much lower level than Spencer was, so he was no threat. "Hey jack ass." The man turned confused. "Yeah you, don't you ever talk to people that way again. You are a low level wimp who doesn't have the balls to make a name for themselves and work on getting better. You are no better than the rest of you lot that sit here hoping one day that by chance we escape. So shut your mouth and keep moving." He finished the statement off with a jab to the chest with his mace, looking rather pissed.

After that, Spencer sighed and walked back to the shop, looking at Arsenal. "Where's my hot date... Oh wait! There he is." Spencer smiled and walked towards Arsenal, standing close to him. "There better be good food around here, the food is meh to me, but I think your company will make it better."

@Arsenal