[SP-F1] <<earning a living>>(Yureka)

Yureka tries once again to stab the boar, this time grabbing a fistful of the thick fur behind its neck and stabbing straight down into its skull, the boar squeals one last time before disintegrating into red mist. she falls to the ground and grins laughing sadistically and then remembers the reason she was fighting the boar in the first place looking to see if it dropped anything. she finds a bone laying underneath her and smiles one down, one to go and then all I need is the metal.

Yureka hp 3/7

boar hp 0/5

-battle dice-

1-5 miss

6-10 yureka kills the boar (loot dice for loot)

-loot dice-

1-5 pelt

6-10 one bone

11-15 two bones

16-20 boar skull and pelt

loot so far-

<>

Yureka sees that its getting late in the day and decides that the quest will have to wait until she has more time to devote to it "oh well i'll be able to get more later" she starts heading for the town.

she arrives at the inn and gets a room crashing on the bed as soon as she gets there completely exhausted from the day.

several days later---

yureka's arms twinged from all the training she had been doing in the past few days as she reached up and flicked her fingers to open her menu, something flashed and she saw that she still had an in progress quest, 'oh yeah I forgot I was doing that one quest to get a profession, well better late than never' she stretches her sore arms and then heads back out into the field looking for some boars.

Yureka walks around for a while looking for something and finally finds a boar lounging around on its own, 'perfect' she draws her new dagger and stretches her arms out before falling into a battle stance she dashes forward but somehow manages to miss the boar altogether and end up on its other side, "damn stupid boar"

Yureka hp: 17/17

boar hp 9/9

she turns around and blocks the boars charge with her dagger skidding back a few feet then jumps off to the side and readies another attack. this time as she jumps forward and backslashes at the boar it connects and she hears the squeal of pain from the Boar 'yes! score one,' she lands off to the side again and prepares for the boar's charge.

boar hp 7/9

one again she blocks the boars attack getting into the rhythm of its attacks and realizing that this really wasn't as hard as it used to be. she crouches down and prepares to attack once more, as she jumps she twists and then realizes that she is off by a hair and by a hair she misses 'damn, gotta be more focused'

boar hp 7/9

after adjusting her stance for better aim Yureka attempts the attack again. this time her aim is better and she cuts a slice off the boars back as she leaps over it with her dagger, she lands on the other side feeling more confident with her own skills than she has in a while.

boar hp 5/9

her chest expands as she breaths in deeply preparing herself for the boars charge, it came and she brought her dagger up just in time catching the boar by its tusks and bracing her feet until they stopped moving, she shifted her arms causing the boar to get tossed to the side onto its back. she grins and quickly goes for an attack, she leaps up and does a half turn flipping her dagger backward and comes down slicing her dagger at the downed boar. 'I cant believe these were so hard for me to kill before' she jumps back away from the boar before it can try goring her with its tusks.

boar hp 3/9

'alright boar time to meet your maker,' her face twists into a lopsided grin and she runs around the flank jumping over it and dodging its charge her attack ready she turns and jumps off of the rock to the side and brings her dagger down. the boar shifts itself off to the left at the last second and she frowns jumping back up and twirling around to block its escape.

boar hp 3/9

(possible loot dice----)

1-5 nothing

6-10 one bone

11-15 two bones

16-20 one bone and a piece of metal

after blocking the boars escape she jumps up and ricochets off of a nearby tree aiming straight for the boar with her dagger held at an angle. she brings her arm forward and swings her dagger forward in an arc while grabbing the boar by the fur on the back of its neck and using it as leverage to slice it in the back and flip over it landing off to the side.

boar hp 1/9

(possible loot dice----)

1-5 nothing

6-10 one bone

11-15 two bones

Yureka looked up and saw the boar wavering with one hp left 'time to die boar,' she kicked off the ground and brought her dagger out in front of her in a slash attack. by sheer dumb luck the boar fell over and she ended up missing by about an inch 'damn, lets try that again,'

boar hp 1/9

(possible loot dice----)

1-5 nothing

6-10 one bone

11-15 two bones

yureka turns around and skids to a stop bringing her dagger out to the side and flipping it focusing on the boar in front of her, she tenses and waits for the boar to start to stand up then launches herself at it bringing her dagger down straight into its skull and causing it to shatter.

she breaths deeply calming herself from the fight, her face breaks into a grin and she streatches out her arms and back, 'well that was fun, lets see what I got.' she opens the loot box and her grin widens, 'two birds with one stone!' she put the boars bone and the scrap of metal into her inventory and decided that she should return to the artisan and get on to the next step of her quest.

boar hp 1/9

(possible loot dice----)

1-5 nothing

6-10 one bone

11-15 two bones

[--current loot in quest so far---

2x <>

1x <>

col earned: 35(first boar)+20(second boar)+400/page]

Yureka entered the shop of the NPC she had gotten the quest from and looked around for him "hello? I got those materials you said to get.." suddenly the NPC stood up from behind the counter "ah there you are it took you quite a while did you get lost?" Yureka raised an eyebrow 'cheeky NPC' "nah I just took my time, had some stuff get in the way but I finished it so there's no problem right?" the mad looked at her with exasperation "no there is no problem now on to the second part of your training, crafting" he moved over to a small anvil and a tiny hammer. "you will use these to craft an item of uncommon quality or higher to pass this portion, use these materials," he hands her a handful of mats and she sits down in front of the anvil with the tiny hammer. as she starts pounding on it she feels it start to take shape and a missshapen ugly lump of a ring appears, 'ick thats not worth anything' she frowns 'this is going to be harder than I thought'

((crafting result: 5 bad item))

yure grabbed her second mat and contemplated before starting to gently hammer on the piece of metal. she hammers first one way then the other thinking of all the effort that went into getting this far into the quest and not wanting to fail now just because she had horrible crafting skills, she focused so hard that before she knew it the metal started forming into a ring and glowed then appeared and she saw that it was a beautiful silver ring with a large sapphire stone and engravings on the edges.

she sat there stunned by the quality, it must have been the emotions she had put into it. that had to be it, suddenly the ring was swiped up by the NPC who examined it, "very good, you passed the crafting portion of the training, now only one step left before you are officially an artisan," she blinked for a moment then rolled her eyes 'of course I wouldn't get to keep the ring it was his mats after all, oh well I guess I'll have to just try again to make something like it.'

((crafting result 11 rare!))

"now your last test is selling and interacting with costumers, I'll leave you here for an hour and when I get back you should have had at least one sale." she looked up at him 'oh gods I have to interact with people?' she breathed in and out once slowly 'calm down Aime its just a quest you sell something and then you are done' she nodded and sat down at the counter waiting for somebody to come in.

soon the door opens and in comes a large wealthy looking NPC "hello there i'm here about my order that should be ready by now?" the NPC asks in a rather rushed voice, 'oh crap oh crap, oh crap' she repeats in her mind, "yes of course, please give me a description of the item you requested and I will see if it is finished or not." she says a bit robotically, "ah yes it was a necklace, a silver one with a ruby gem pendant and dragon engravings if you please" the man says, 'ok so he's not so bad,' she looks around the cabinets and then finds the necklace in a box in the drawer in the counter. "ah here it is!" she exclaims and finds a note with the price, "that will be 300 col please" the man smiles and looks at the necklace "ah perfect! its just as I had imagined" he handed over the col and it vanished as soon as it dropped onto the counter. "nice doing business with you" she calls as the man exits the building. 'whew that went better than I thought it would'

after a few more minutes the door opens again and the Artisan returned "I see you have fulfilled the last requirement of the Training, now there is but one thing left to do," a window pops up with a quest finisher on it, stating that the rewards were the title Artisan, 5 mats and a basic artisan's hammer and anvil. she hit the finish button and it beeped telling her that she had gained items and a new title. 'yay finally! I can craft new things and help people now' she thanked the NPC and left feeling much more sure about herself

[quest finished, gained 455 col total, 5 mats, profession artisan]