[PP|F1] Second date before the first date <<The second lesson is also free>>

“As a matter of fact, I do need your help.” The old blacksmith chuckles, looking at the the two men in his shop. “I’m gonna need some boar tusks, could you go fetch some for me? I’ll make it worth your while.” The smith not named smith says. The man turns to his friend and possible partner. He smiles and looks at the smith. “Sure, we’ll get this done. Isn’t that right?” He turns around and walks out. “See you on the flip side.” He says into the door as he walks out. After he walks outside, he turns to Spencer. “Let’s get these quests done and then head back to town, I’m ready for this date.” He turns to keep walking. “I’m hoping you know where we can get this done in a few hours.” He smiles, lighting a cigar. He puffs and releases some smoke as he walks. I’m hoping I can get this done to buy him some dinner. He seem so like a nice guy. Plus we get along, and he’s cute. I couldn’t ask for a better partner to go hunting with. He walks out of the town and into the field.

@Spencer

Spencer let out a small chuckle. "These uh.. they take a bit of time. I did them by myself so that might have been part of the reason of why I couldn't get through all of them in a quick manner, but I think the next one is where I had my problem? Wait no, it is the fishing one, dear lord I hated that one so much, I love being on boats and swimming and all the jazz, but with how boring it was just waiting for a fish to come up so you can kill it? It's the waiting game of pure, unadulterated, boredom." Spencer chuckled a little bit at his full comment of what he just said. "But good company always works! Especially now that I'm in it for the long haul and all, can't have a date just by yourself." He smiled and continued to walk, and for a moment, the two walked in sweet silence, giving each other soft glances, and just walking in harmony. Welp, what now? You got cute dude, he has offered, and made sure you knew, that a date is in the future, but what should I do now? I guess awkward small talk is the next step. "So, Tell me a bit about yourself."

@Arsenal

The man walks, as the question hits his senses. Tell him about myself? Like? The boring stuff? “Let’s see, I grew up in Japan, even though I’m half American and I got bullied for sticking out. Then I stopped talking to people. Then I joined Kendo club and met my best friend. Then I joined SAO. That’s about all the fun in my life.” He says, stepping out of the safe zone and equipping the crudely made spear he called pointy. He sees a boar pup and smiles, launching his spear at it and missing barely as he moved. “Crap, I’m usually better with a spear than that. This is gonna be annoying isn’t it?” He spins the spear back up and rests it across his shoulders. His arms move up and hold the spear in place as his arms dangle and he winks at the boy. Should I go for it here? Or should I wait til the date? He puts the spear on the ground and smiles.

ID: 110080

BD: 3

Miss

MD: 5

Miss

Arsenal: 60/60 HP | 4/6 EN | 5 DMG

Boar Pup: 5/5 HP | 3 DMG

@Spencer

Edited by Arsenal

Spencer listened to what Arsenal said, nodding and smiling slightly as he went into a bit of detail about his life. When he said he was bullied, he frowned softly, but tried to not let his emotions to show that much. "Sounds like you- " He stopped and saw the boar, Arsenal trying to strike the creature, but missing. He smiled a bit when Arsenal apologized for missing. "Don't worry, I'm not good at fighting, that's why I have this shield." He smiled and held it up, going towards the boar. IT growled a bit and launched itself at Spencer, biting at the shield. Spencer shook it off and threw it, it sliding a few feet away, growling. Okay, seem a bit more aggressive than when I fought them a while ago, I wonder why. He thought for a moment, not swinging out with his mace yet. "These things seem a bit more mean than usual, probably just reading into it a bit more than I should have." He shrugged and looked back at Arsenal.

ID: 110165 BD: 2 (Miss)

Spencer: 500/500 HP | 48/50 EN | 4 DMG | 74 MIT | 14 Thorns | 1 REC | 1 REG |

@Arsenal

Nicholas spins his spear up and pushes it forward, as the spear is plunged into the side of the boar. He smiles, watching the boar disappear into a blue cloud of pixels and shards. That wasn't so bad, it wasn't fun, but it wasn't hell. The mob drops a glowing shard and the man picks it up. "I got my first material, 2 left to go." He says, smiling back at the player who was accompanying him on this quest. "So, I've told you the streamline version of my story, tell me yours." He says, tilting his head and thinking about how he had just said what he did. "If you want to, I'd love to hear about you. Always good to know a little about a future date." He gives him a smile to try and reassure the player, it wasn't often he cared about those who weren't super close, but this guy was the closest he had been to anyone in two years, so naturally he showed a little emotion to him.

Spoiler

ID: 110166

BD: 6

5 - 5 = 0 HP

Arsenal: 60/60 HP | 4/6 EN | 5 DMG

Boar Pup: 0/5 HP | 3 DMG

ID: 110167

LD: 20

+1 Boar tusk

1 total

@Spencer

Edited by Arsenal

He smiled a bit when Arsenal mentioned a future date, also causing a small blush to creep over his face. "Well... I didn't really have a crazy life. I learned ASL in High School because I had a deaf friend, I came out around that time too, and my parents were weird as all hell. So yeah um- Oh [censored]!" Spencer gasped and bashed his shield forward, a boar jumping up and crashing into it. Spencer smashed the boar into the ground with the shield, causing it to explode into crystals, but unfortunately did not drop a tusk. "S-sorry. That scared the hell out of me." He laughed and blushed softly, situating himself. "Uh... I'm from America, and yeah, nothing interesting. I was able to get the game from some program they ran to let Americans also play." He shrugged and faced Arsenal, looking at the man. Man, he is genuinely decent to talk to, I'm very, very happy this didn't go super south.

ID: 110183 BD: 2
ID: 110184 MD: 7
ID: 110185 LD: 7

Spencer: 449/500 HP | 49/50 EN | 4 DMG | 74 MIT | 14 Thorns | 1 REC | 1 REG |

Tusks: 1

@Arsenal

Arsenal spins the spear in his hand and flips the point towards the boar. Keep the spear steady, grip firm. Keep your eyes on the boar and your focus on the area around it. The environment is the best weapon. He spins, launching the spear at the boar, as in spins to the side. The spear moves as the man spins. The boar lunges at the blond player and Arsenal decides to back away. “I’d say back up but you appear to have it covered.” The boar slams into him, but backs off having done little more than a bump to the player. That was weirdly hot. He can handle himself, and I’m sure he knows what he’d be doing on a date. His body begins to freeze, as he begins to turn red. “Hey Spencer...” He cuts himself off with a kiss between him and the player who was hunting with him. It was his first kiss, so it wasn’t perfect, but it was obvious he was trying. Not bad, but not amazing. Oh god, why did I do that? What am I still doing? Should I keep going or back off? He sort of backs away, not in any rush, in fact incredibly calm. Do I stick to confidence? Or do I bashfully play it off like I’m shy? “Sorry, got a bit carried away.” He says, turning incredibly red, his eyes locking with the other player’s.

ID: 110187

BD: 2

Miss

MD: 9

Boar Pup attacks Spencer

3 - 74 = 1 DMG

499 - 1 = 498 HP

Arsenal: 60/60 HP | 3/6 EN | 5 DMG

Spencer: 498/500 HP | 49/50 HP | 4 DMG | 74 MIT | 14 Thorns | 1 REC | 1 REG

1 tusk total

@Spencer

Edited by Arsenal

Spencer felt the impact of the boar, but ignored it for a moment, but he couldn't ignore what happened next. He felt the lips press against him, and his eyes went wide, then slowly closed as the kiss progressed. He smiled softly as the kiss broke, his face a soft red. "D-dont apologise Aresenal. That was... Very nice." With that, Spencer walked towards him and kissed him as well. He cupped the man's face in his right hand, his thumb stroking his cheek as he did. When he broke the kiss, he had a small smile creeping across his face. "You... I'm happy we are going on a date." He laughed a bit and stepped away, turning towards the boar that the two for them kind for ignored for the moment. Spencer gripped his mace and ready'd his shield. "I'll let you go first, mostly because I'm still recovering from what just happened." He gave a small wink and blushed, looking back at the boar.

ID: 110188 BD: 2

Arsenal: 60/60 HP | 3/6 EN | 5 DMG

Spencer: 498/500 HP | 49/50 HP | 4 DMG | 74 MIT | 14 Thorns | 1 REC | 1 REG

Boar Pup: 5/5 HP | 3 DMG

1 tusk total

@Arsenal

The man apologizes for kissing Spencer, then gets a kiss in return. This made him turn a little red because he never expected a kiss back. So he’s really into me. Guess I am a lucky guy. He spins his spear around and pushes it towards the enemy with a stern looks on his face. This is starting to become bothersome, though I’ve lost my temper before and that sometimes helps. He rotates his grip and drags the spear through the air, spinning the blade around his body and pulling it up, leaning on it to help hold himself up. “You’re cute, you’re strong, let’s see you kill this whelp.” He smiles at his special friend. “You’re the nicest person I’ve met since joining this game, and I’m damn glad I did meet you. Let’s get these done quickly so I can buy you your favorite dinner.” He chuckles looking at the blond man he had spent some time with over the past few hours. A whole day with a hot boy I’m going on a date with later, I could get used to this. He pulls out a cigar and lights it, taking a few puffs and smiling. “You wanna try one of these? They taste good.” He holds out a cigar towards Spencer. “Then again, cigars can make cute boys less cute.” He smiles.

ID: 110201

BD: 4

Miss

MD: 9

Boar Pup attack Spencer

Arsenal: 60/60 HP | 2/6 EN | 5 DMG

1 total

@Spencer

Edited by Arsenal

Spencer blushed heavily from the compliments and the praise he was getting from Arsenal. He was happy that someone thought highly of him in a romantic sense, but he definitely did not expect it. I didn't even look my best today, God Dangit…. I hope Noot likes him, and I hope we get to know each other a bit more, considering we have only met today. He thought to himself for a moment and gripped his mace. Barely recognizing what he said as the boar struck him. It just hit the shield and almost knocked him off balance, but he desperately wanted to take that boar out. "One moment." He said to Arsenal and stepped forward and spun in an arc, his mace angled up as he struck the boar quickly, sending it a few feet up in the air before it exploded into a bunch of crystals. Unfortunately for the two of them, there was no tusk left for him. He sighed and turned back to Arsenal, shaking his head. "Nah, even in the game, smoking is not my thing. No hate on you doing it, but not something I would want to do." He shrugged and smiled a bit at the man, looking for the next boar.

ID: 110255 BD: 10
ID: 110256 LD: 3

1 total

@Arsenal

Arsenal spins, flipping his spear around and spinning it around his waist. His body spins too, and his hand catches the spear in Reverse grip and launches it back at the boar as he looks at Spencer expecting the monster to be dead. That's Weird, no death noise. Sh*t! He spins as the boar jumps around him and into Spencer. It’s at this point the noise of crystals breaking rings out. The cloud of particles associated with death shows and a glowing blue item drops out. “That’s 2 of 3. Not much longer now.” He says, putting the item in his inventory. He puffs from the cigar once more and puts it out. “I can stop smoking if the smell bothers you. It’s not like I’m addicted or anything. Especially considering this game doesn’t have addictions.” He says, as he looks around for another boar. His eyes lock on one and he moves towards it. Not much longer and we get to have our candle lit dinner. I’ll take him up to his favorite floor and to a good restaurant on that floor. Hey Spencer, what’s your favorite floor?” He asks, not realizing how much that reveals of his plan.

ID: 110263

BD: 2

Miss

MD: 7

Boar Pup attacks Spencer

498 - 1 = 497 HP

5 -14 = 0 HP

Spencer: 498/500 HP | 49/50 HP | 4 DMG | 74 MIT | 14 Thorns | 1 REC | 1 REG

ID: 110285

LD: 17

success

2 total

@Spencer

Edited by Arsenal

"Oh no, the smell is fine, don't really smell it. My mom smoked A LOT when I was growing up, so I got used to the smell very, very fast." He shrugged and heard Arsenal ask him what his favorite food was, and he had to pause and think about that for a moment, he didn't fully know what it was. Hmmm Spaghetti is great.... Chicken is good too, but I think spaghetti would definitely be the top contender. "That would have to be spaghetti, I know it is a weird thing to like that much, but I genuinely like it a lot, there was a restaurant that was close to my house that I used to go to a lot and I would constantly get it there." He smiled and his eyes darted to the next boar. "Okay, another boar, maybe this time we can get the tusk." He muttered and stepped forward and taunted the creature, which is reared up and charged forward, going at Spencer. He smiled and swung upwards, the creature breaking apart into crystals, but leaving behind the tusk again. "Hey! We got the last one!" He smiled and handed it to Arsenal, giving a subtle wink when he did.

ID: 110290 BD: 8
ID: 110291 LD: 11

Spencer: 498/500 HP | 49/50 HP | 4 DMG | 74 MIT | 14 Thorns | 1 REC | 1 REG

All Tusks Found

@Arsenal

Arsenal stops and turns. “Then let’s head back. I heard the next quest can be difficult.” He steps in towards Spencer, grabbing the tusk and turning to walk away. “What floor? Not food. Sorry, I must’ve said it wrong.” He apologizes and walks away from the field. I have to know which floor to take him to. So long as it isn’t too expensive. He pulls out a cup and begins to drink a little. The scotch is smooth, and makes the man feel warm when he drinks from it. That’s the stuff.

They walk through the field, avoiding the monsters and making good time while doing so. As they cut through the field, Arsenal looks around to make sure no one was looking at them and he grabs Spencer, breaking off into a sprint and chuckling. “I know a good ice cream plaza around here, we have some extra time. Why don’t we stop there? We could learn about each other. Come on, it’ll be awesome.” He chuckles. “A hot date with some ice cream.” He laughs.

@Spencer

Spencer was about to say more, but quickly he was dragged away from where the two of them were originally standing. "My favorite floor is- Woah!" He said when he was beginning to be dragged away. He laughed a bit as the pair starting to head to what Spencer could only assume to be an Ice Cream place for the two of them to hang out before the beginning of the next quest, the cave. Hope he is ready to be in a cave for a while, it's easy at least for me and my ability to take hits very simply. I hope he doesn't get hit, I have a feeling it would not be that good if he did. Spencer thought and worried a bit but quickly ignored it. "So Arsenal. When did you come out?... Okay that's kind of a loaded question and if you don't want to answer I understand." He asked the man and worried a bit as he asked the question. 

@Arsenal

Arsenal is caught off guard by the question he had never had to answer before. When did I come out? He pulls himself together and smiles. “Early high school, back when I was bullied. I came out as bi.” He says, knowing exactly how different from reality that was. The timing was the same, but how it happened was not. I should trust him, in fact I do, but he doesn’t need to know about my past. It’s my problem, not his. My burden, not his. The man pulls the other player into the ice cream shop and sitting down. “I wasn’t entirely truthful. I was forced to come out. One of my few friends back in middle school found out and told the whole school I was gay. It was something I hadn’t entirely understood myself, so I ignored it. Then in High School I realized I’m not gay, I’m bi.” He says, calling over the waiter. “One vanilla, strawberry syrup and a cherry on top.” His hand points to Spencer, “order whatever you want, it’s on me.” He nods, leaning back in my chair. “So that’s my story.” He slouches a little.

@Spencer

Spencer listens to what Arsenal has to say about his coming out story, and his face drops slightly as he does start to listen. "Arsenal... I'm.." He is cut off when Arsenal orders ice cream and offers for him to also order. He smiles softly and orders, "One Strawberry with Caramel please," He turns back to the man, not knowing what to say. He just leans forward and hugs the man tightly, holding him close. "I'm so sorry, You don't deserve that, no one does." He says before pulling away, keeping his hands on the man's shoulders. "Please know that I would never betray your trust like that, that is horrible." He smiled and rubbed his shoulder slightly before letting his hand drop. The ice cream is served soon after and Spencer starts to eat it slow, smiling a bit. "This is actually really good. I haven't had ice cream here in a... while actually. And I should probably tell you how I came out, not that lack luster to be honest." He smiled and sighed softly, about to tell the dumb story, "So, I had a girlfriend at the time, and we were dating for a year. On the night of one of the high school dances, she uh, made the moves on me. I turned it down and realized at that moment that I was gay." He shrugged and took another bite.

@Arsenal

“I trust you enough to tell you about my past. So I trust you to not betray me.” He smiles at the player across from him. His gaze falls down to his ice cream as he takes the first bite. “I don’t know if it’s your pretty face or you’re kind nature, but I trust you Spencer. Enough to tell you my name is Nicholas.” He says to the boy he had just told his story to. “I’ve never had a boyfriend though, so I’m a bit inexperienced in this department. This is all just an impulse to me.” He chuckles with a smile like his life had been void of any pain or suffering even though he knew inside that what happened was enough to drive a man insane. I never would’ve been able to stand up to that bully on my own. I’m glad Kan was there. But now I have to stand alone. Though I hope Spencer can be my support through this game. “Hey Spencer, wanna keep being my tank. Every DPS is pretty much an easy kill without a tank to back them up. I’m asking if you want to adventure together for long after this.” He gives the blond boy a sincere look of almost worry as if he was scared the man would say no. “It’s perfectly okay if you already have a DPS partner, but I don’t have a tank partner, and I’d be glad to enlist you in my little entourage.” He smiles, taking another bite of his bowl of ice cream.

@Spencer

Spencer blushed brightly when the man have him compliments while talking about his past, letting Spencer know that he does trust him, and even giving him his really name. Wow, this man really is heart felt, god that is so sweet. I'm glad I met him, he seems to genuinely care. He continued to listen, and almost choked on his ice cream when he was asked to be Arsenal's adventuring partner. "Me? I'm flattered.... Sounds like you're asking me to go steady.... Eh I can definitely deal with that." He smiled and took a bit of his ice cream, it tasting sweeter some how. "I would love to be your tank. I am a bit leveled above than you. But I would gladly help get you up to the level you need to be, considering I really need to start getting my levels up, my friend Hestia, she is level 82 the last I checked, one of the strongest on the front lines." He smiled a bit thinking of her, but quickly swapped back to Arsenal. "Well Nicholas. I'll be your tank. As long as we can have cute dates."

@Arsenal

“YES!” He shouts, pulling his fist down and smiling as if he was young and his mom agreed to let him eat ice cream for dinner. “And I know how it feels to need to catch up with someone. My little cousin is trapped in here and he’s level 16 so I have to catch up with him.” He smiles. “Chances are I’ll catch up with him before you catch up with Hestia.” He chuckles, taking another bite from his ice cream. He scoops up the last bite and smiles. “Lyles’s waiting, we should get going. Come on, not much longer before our first date.” He tilts his head and gives his crush a puzzled look. “Second date? Second first date?” He pulls the boy in for a quick kiss and walks out of the door. “Race ya.” The boy takes off running towards the shop as he races between the buildings. He had spent the last two years in this city so he knew all the shortcuts and ins and outs. But being faster than a man who likes to hide from the world is rather easy.

@Spencer

Spencer was giddy with how adorable Nicholas was acting towards him, it was a nice surprise and something that warmed Spencer's heart. He's so sweet, and we get to have our second date after this.... Wait would it be out second first date? No, I'm just going to think of it as part two. He shook his head and blushed from the kiss, watching as Arsenal ran off. "God dang it Nicholas." He muttered with a soft smile, running. The tall Sandy-blonde man ran after him, not being and to catch up. Jesus Christ where did he go? He shook his head and finally got to Lyle's store, the man waiting for him. "You're annoying, in a cute way." He stepped forward and gave the man a soft kiss on the cheek. He looked back at the store they we're standing in front of, and then back at Arsenal. "So, let's turn this in, and get to work on the third quest, that one shouldn't take long, it's killing I think one or two enemies." He tried to remember but he just couldn't. 

@Arsenal